Eleo Reviews

Eleo

Online donor management & fundraising software

4.8/5 (71 reviews)
Marsha A.

Excellence!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

We have been able to provide updated and real time reporting to both customers and funders. The software also allows us to ensure fairness in our job selection and placement processes as well as provides us with amazing payroll results and supports. As an agency we rely on the software and the providers over at CSS to make us successful and to date they have not disappointed.

Pros

The software has amazing usability and runs awesome reports. The ease in customizing it based on our needs makes it ones that makes it #1 in line with other competitors. We truly have no idea what we'd do without it.

Cons

We have no issues or complaints with the software.

Kristen J.

A great solution at a low cost

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Overall, I think this is a great solution for the price. There are a great deal of user-friendly features to this platform, and they are willing to consider customer feedback for continued growth.

Pros

I come from a Raiser's Edge background and that was definitely not affordable for the company I am with now. This software is easy to use, and has *most* of the features I need. The integration with online giving and event registration pages is good, though a bit awkward to process. Many of the features are great, including the functionality of sending acknowledgements, receipts, tracking donor information, and allowing for customization of campaigns. Integration of online giving with Braintree has been complicated and credit card scammers have been able to make successful transactions. Eleo is looking at building in a reCaptcha. Customer support has been fantastic, and they are very willing to hear ideas for improvement.

Cons

I miss the query and reporting of Raiser's Edge. There is the ability to build customized reports, but they do not format in the nice, presentable formats of their regular reports. Mailing list-building is awkward.

Beth M.

Eleo has been exceptionally functional and helpful with our transition away from spread sheets.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Easily solicit LYBUNTs for end of year solicitations
Integration for online donations
Customer support for all questions

Pros

Customer support!! I am so delighted to talk to a real person when I have a problem. They are always quick to solve things. They also take our suggestions and try to incorporate new tools into the database as they make sense for organizations like ours.
Ease of use- I have used and implemented 4 other databases at various non profits and this has been the easiest getting started with and training other individuals on.
Functionality- We are able to track donors and pull useful reports.
Integration- We are able to make custom webforms easily and targeted to specific uses.

Cons

Emailing using the database. I love that I am always able to track back what I sent out using the database but standard email products have so much more flexibility and versatility. I know that ELEO is always looking to improve functionality.

Carolee M.

Eleo is flexible and feature-rich, an incredible value, and the support team is top-notch.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Highly improved, more efficient and accurate data capture; reduced data management redundancies; better dashboard control over donations, fundraising and grants; easy data filtering and reporting to meet a variety of existing and emerging business purposes.

Pros

The software is easy to use to support data capture and reporting according to our organization's specific needs. The filtering and sorting aspects of Eleo let us easily work with different segments of our population of supporters, from individual to corporate donors, to event sponsors, to grant-makers...and more. Eleo works very well at a great price for our donations/donors and fundraising operations. The relatively new grants module adds unparalleled value to the Eleo software. The support team is professional, responsive, skilled, responsive and pleasant to work with. The overall value is outstanding.

Cons

Eleo is so function- and feature-rich that it is was challenging to learn from the general trainings how to use all of it optimally for our unique needs and goals. Nonetheless, the Eleo support team was highly responsive to all of our questions and helped us quickly learn how to use Eleo to best serve our organization's needs.

Rose C.

From the actual product to the wonderful support services, Eleo Online fulfills our needs.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Eleo is as beneficial to me as any database system that I've used in the past at much larger organizations. It satisfies the donor information needs and offers the ability to retrieve, update donor information, and follow-up with donors through various appeals, letters, newsletters, or other communications with great ease.

Pros

I've worked with large foundations that were established decades ago and have thousands of donors. These institutions have donor database software systems that are outstanding. Moving to a much smaller but equally worthwhile foundation less than three years ago, I met with Eleo representatives and found them to offer a high quality system that equaled my experience at larger institutions. The ease of learning and using this system, the costs for this product, and the utility of this database system are all outstanding. In addition, their personal support of any questions or needs that arise is also outstanding!

Cons

That Eleo Online wasn't established earlier! The Amy Foundation was established 11 years ago and all donors records were kept on excel spreadsheets, all of which was accurately incorporated with exceptional ease into the Eleo system.

Angela B.

Great affordable database for Non-Profits!

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

We are thankful to have Eleo as the price and database capabilities fit our budget for a small non-profit like us. The support team has been very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to work with us and train us at any given time. We have been able to keep better records of our donors and pull reports based on their support. This capabilities has helped the organization excel and grow!

Pros

Eleo has helped the organization become more efficient. Each program campus is able to keep up-to-date records of their volunteers, participants and donors. It has also been a great tool for keeping track of the Fundraising Events (guests count, expenses and much more). Eleo's monthly price was unbeatable compared to others!

Cons

Capability of customizing some of the reports. Need to create more filtering options. Several times I had to reach out to the Eleo team for assistance as the reports had to be done in their back end.

Darlie G.

One of the Best ever!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

We've just subscribed to Eleo for almost a year now and so far, this is the best Donor Software I've ever used. I'm very satisfied of the prompt support and friendliness of the team and the design of the software itself for an everyday user like me.

Pros

Prompt customer support, affordable, user friendly, simple yet effective design for reporting.

Cons

I wish that in the future, they will integrate address updating.

Kim C.

Easy peasy!

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Growing our database of contacts and donors has really been a breeze with Eleo. I especially like the ease of operation all around.

Pros

I love that it easily grows as our organization expands. Creating reports is much quicker than other programs I've used at other non-profits I've worked for. It is a great that I can just search the library for a quick tutorial when I need to learn more of the functionality.

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer than I would like while waiting for an answer from the help desk. Also I had an experience with combining a duplicate donor. One of the contacts had more info than the other. I thought that when I combined them that Eleo would automatically keep the one with the most information (donations listed) but it kept the one without the needed info and I had to re-create the donaions.That being said, the customer service is always professional and courteous. I do appreciate that.

Maggie S.

I Recommend Eleo all the time

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Eleo allows my clients to track the relationship with each stakeholder - donor, volunteer, client, community contact, etc. It allows us to segment lists so we can customize our communication with each person. Nonprofits are all about relationships. Eleo is a vital tool to help you manage the many important relationships your nonprofit has established.

Pros

I have worked with and volunteered at nonprofits for the past 30 years. I am that rare person who likes databases and believes it is one of the most important tools a nonprofit can have. Eleo is easy to use, has dynamite training and support, and is super affordable compared with comparable software programs. Put the data in correctly and you will get out what you need to know to move your nonprofit forward. And if you need help doing it - support will help with that.

Cons

I can't think of anything I didn't like about Eleo. So many nonprofits are paying outrageous software fees without investing in the training to use it properly. Use Eleo, get trained and save money.

Sarah R.

Great software at a great price. We can now easily access our data for the information we need.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Easy to use for entry and it is organized in a way that makes sense. We have donors and members. We can easily see where each stands and process new members and renewals. Easy to create letters and integrate for email communication. Provides lots of reports and each report can be filtered for what one needs. Customer support is friendly and efficient.

Cons

The software does what it is suppose to. It would be nice if I could have a software at this price that included my website, email, accounting system but I know that is not realistic.

Sasa O.

Eleo has completely changed the way we manage our donations!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Ease and accuracy of data collection, ease of pulling data reports, time saving!

Pros

The software is intuitive and fairly easy to learn how to use. Eleo employees are incredibly helpful at training on the use of the software, responding to questions and troubleshooting issues - all in a timely manner. We were previously using an Excel spreadsheet - which was cumbersome and prone to errors. This software has improved the accuracy of our data entry and ease of pulling data reports.

Cons

The main drawback is that we didn't discover the software sooner! :) We use this software for pulling weekly deposit entries, as well pulling short and long term donation reports for use internally and for our direct mail campaign, and have been extremely satisfied with the amount of time it saves us and its ease of use!

Ellie F.

Easy to use and all the features we need.

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

The software let us organize and share our data. Instead of having data in many different systems and spreadsheets we now have the information we need in one online place. Our communication has improved also due to the integration with Mail Chimp and the ability to create list and print labels. We can even create lists and send it to Avery Labels for various creative print jobs.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the screens are organized well.
Easy data entry screens.
Reports allow you to select the information you want.
Live customer service is great.

Christina M.

Easy and intuitive!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Eleo is an easy to use system that allows me to track and monitor my donors. When I have needed help, the support I have gotten through email and phone has been quick and effective. I highly recommend eleo!

Pros

Eleo makes sense. I run a small non-profit, with no special fundraising staff, and the Eleo software ease-of-use makes it extremely valuable to me. I don't have the time needed to become an expert on the huge platforms, and eleo can do just about everything that I need.

Cons

The only issue I have had is with combining multiple gifts from a single donor for a letter. I need to have the gifts listed separately, but I don't think eleo does that.

Jabeen O.

Eleo has been a lifechanger for us!

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We were previously using an Excel sheet to track thousands of donors *cringe*. Unfortunately, most donor databases were way out of our non-profit budget. Eleo is not only affordable, but was incredibly user friendly and quick to learn. On top of that, the customer service is fantastic. I receive a check-in email from one of the staff on a regular basis and if I have questions, she promptly provides an answer!

Pros

The reasonable cost (especially compared to other databases) and ease of use/quick learning curve.

Cons

It would be nice if we could use the internal thank you feature by uploading our logo and customizing. However, we are still able to do this with a mail merge, so it's not a huge loss.

Christopher M.

Quality, Affordable, and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Eleo is used as our donor database. Since we are a small non-profit organization the extra gimmicks and tools are not needed. Eleo has even more options than our company utilizes. The price is fair and the functionality works since we have a full-time employee who is dedicated to updating the records. Eleo has to be used by an active employee. It is not meant to be run by a passive approach. My experience with customer service has been the most beneficial part of Eleo. Since, it is a smaller company I have never had to wait for a representative to answer the phone. The representatives are stationed in the United States and are easily understandable and they're almost always available. They also offer the ability to sign up for an appointment the following day.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. There is a navigation bar at the top of the site and there are many customizable options within each page. Furthermore, the settings allows you to control much of the database. They have integration with mail chimp and PayPal, but I have yet to explore that region.

Cons

The software does have numerous customizable options, but there are limitations. The software is basic in its function and for large companies or non-profits it is too manually concentrated.

Julie N.

Very satisfied!

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Eleo has been a very good choice for our non-profit. Once the information base was in the system, it has proven to be an efficient and time-saving way of tracking our gifts to this organization.

Pros

Eleo is easy to use and has all the information so easily accessable. The thing I like most about this software is the availability of the information for each contributor. I glean information from the contact info as I record the current gift. This saves me time and makes the statistics more accurate.

Cons

The only thing I wish was a bit different, is that I wish we could add a couple of specific information tidbits to each contributor's gift (I.e. who the gift is in memory of). We have found ways to make this work, but it is a little more cumbersome.

Eileen H.

Intuitive, Easy to Learn Software - With Top-Notch Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Eleo will allow us to more quickly manage donation data (to tie donations to specific fundraising campaigns) - we used to just use a spreadsheet to track donations for this purpose. It will also allow us to more fluidly build and manage mailing lists for invitations, appeals and events. This was previously a very painstaking manual process, using a combination of financial software data, Excel, and many rounds of review and edits. The help/library feature built into Eleo is very good; even so, I have encountered a few glitches and/or challenges while setting up and test-reporting using our data in Eleo. In all cases, Eleo customer service was incredibly responsive and have been able to resolve my issues quickly and efficiently!

Pros

Eleo is very easy to learn to use, and so far has proven very flexible in its reporting options so we can slice & dice data as we need/want.

Cons

I can't batch-enter donations, which would be a nice feature to save time during periods of high-volume giving. Also, the Relationships feature could be more robust so that we can more easily (and quickly) connect individuals to employers/organizations and/or family members. Also, adding Relationships in donor records is a notably slow process.

Mark M.

Great software and really easy to use....Best customer service ever!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

I love using this software from Entering the information which is very easy to do and it flows really nicely and is extremely easy to use. The software allows me to access the information I need. It's designed in a logical way. The layout is great in that I don't have to guess where things are that I need to have access to. I also don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do things. I love that you can access the system via the Internet and the tutorials are easy to follow and learn!

Cons

Lack of custom signature for letters and recurring donations are tricky and have to be manually processed.

Fantastic product for a low cost.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

This product is super easy to use, even for coworkers for are not tech savy. If you ever had a question, their customer service team responds super quickly to assist with whatever you need.

Cons

There are a few negatives and kinks to the program. The first is that not all fields are able to be customized which makes it a little tricky trying to navigate it to fit the needs of your organization. I have encountered a few kinks in the program and mentioned it to their team and within a few weeks the kinks were fixed (i.e. not being able to soft credit a pledge payment or link a pledge payment to an event).

Dorian N.

Excellent software system

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate. Working with CSS and their system has been a tremendous help to our organization. It is beyond expectation. Staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I do not like about the software.

Beth B.

Great for small non-profits!

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

This has helped us track and utilize our donors much more efficiently, it is easy to generate reports, receipts, and letters which lets us communicate better and faster with donors.

Pros

It is easy to use and integrates well with other programs we use like Constant Contact. Support is also very quick to respond and is always helpful. For the price, it is a terrific system with a simple design.

Cons

As it is a more simple system, there is some functionalities left to be desired. More design aspects for mail, forms, and email templates would be something that would add more benefit to the system.

Alexis H.

I love Eleo

Reviewed on 2019/02/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Excited to dive deep into this system and see how our donor system will grow with Eleo's help!

Pros

I love the built-in support mechanisms- being able to make notes about how to use each page for other users, library with step by step instructions and a support button live support!
Eleo treats each customer fairly in terms of support and features regardless of client size and pricing level- very important.
Eleo will import all of your initial data for a free- this feature is usually a huge fee!
I love that to do list and calendars can integrate with my Google account. The Grant Management section is nice and easy to use. Overall, this program is ideal for anyone!

Thank you Eleo for creating such a great system!

Cons

So far, I have nothing to complain about! It is not the prettiest system in the world, it is very basic but in the end that simple look makes it easy for anyone to use.

Kelly C.

Smooth Transition

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

So far so good. Customer service has been extremely helpful with our transition and helping us update our accounts.

Pros

We switched from a different software and was pleased how easy this software is to navigate. If you do run into a question it is easy to get help with either customer service or the help icon.

Cons

Unfortunately, we can not align our fiscal year to our Eleo account. Ours runs July 1- June 30. The system runs on January 1 - December 31.

Also, unable to use logos in letter templates. A bit of a challenge to link MS Word letters to accounts.

Sandra G.

Great Software! Really easy to use. It saves me time in doing my work.

Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Saves Time. Easy to use.

Pros

Entering the information is very easy to do and it flows really nicely. Everything makes sense.
The software allows me to access the information I need. It's designed in a logical way. The layout is great in that I don't have to guess where things are that I need to have access to. I also don't have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do things. I love that you can access the system via the Internet.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like. It does all I need it to. I really can't think of anything that I would want to change.

Karen B.

Organization and Ease

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Organization of donors into one area and consistency in coding has been extremely helpful to our organization, however we have chosen for one person to enter data. The process of donor recognition/thanks has been greatly simplified for us by using Eleo.

Cons

In working in Eleo, the system is extremely slow to load. We have not yet utilized all aspects of Eleo such as volunteer management and the calendar, and question whether that is the most effective way to manage for our organization.