Liveoak Technologies Reviews

Liveoak Technologies

We help you get virtual business done™

4.5/5 (33 reviews)

Technology that makes signing ppwk hassle free and more efficient by leveraging virtual solutions.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

Allows flexibility to coordinating schedules between multiple parties, easy ways to process paperwork without having errors and full audit trails. The client also gets an experience that makes them feel like they are with a company that is investing in technology and helping them be more efficient. LO has an excellent team and support to go along with a product that is truly an innovator in this space.

Cons

Some of the functionality is evolving still - LO has already came so far in the last year alone and some of the features we spoke about early on during set up are now being implemented and used in live scenarios.
I think one of the biggest hurdles that could arise when onboarding a new firm that would like to use Liveoak is when that specific company's ppwk is complex - they will need to find the right team to figure out the "work flow" that would make the best sense for that particular company and the processes they have in place for ppwk processing. It makes it slightly harder to scale this type of technology with multiple firms and different paperwork. Not many people realize the front end work and time that goes into finding the right "work flow" for each different paperwork scenario. I think LO is on the right track and have already made tremendous strides in the technology that they offer and I'm excited to see it continue to grow. They have always exceled in customer service and support and that itself differentiates their company from others.

Game changer for our business

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

When we launched electronic signature for our business, we had very low adoption rates among users because it wasn't necessarily intuitive and the process was a bit clunky. Using Liveoak has made it easy for our users, and given us that extra edge over our competitors due to the fantastic cobrowsing/editing capabilities that allow us to quickly and easily complete what can otherwise be very complicated and lengthy paperwork.

Pros

The cobrowsing and editing feature to complete paperwork for our new clients has been a game changer for us. With Liveoak, we can ensure that paperwork is in good order and easily launch into the e-signing process, making for a smooth onboarding process for our clients.

Cons

Initially there have been limitations in what it can do as far as the actual document tagging (in comparison to Docusign, for example), but the Liveoak team has actively worked with us to continue to enhance their capabilities.

Great experience with the majority of cases, but sometimes experience issues and limitations

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Makes my job easier and saves time. Paperwork is submitted correctly the first time. Clients are impressed with the technology.

Pros

It is fairly easy for us to use and very easy for the client. The overall functionality is great. Good looking user interface. Integration with DocuSign is generally very smooth. Allows me to do my job more easily. Clients like the experience and are impressed with the technology.

Cons

Majority of cases run smoothly, but sometimes we run into system issues and limitations that make this not the best solution in some cases. There are too many templates in our system. It is time consuming to create a conference and we are unable to add or edit documents once a conference is created. As a user, once envelope moves to docusign we cannot see it, edit or resend an email - we have to go to an administrator. We also have to talk clients through the process because it's not easy for them to figure out on their own.

Martyn P.

Excellent. Live Oak are very supportive and always available to talk to.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Enhanced controls environment
Improved client experience (saving client, time, money, and hassle)
Work reduction (able to close down cases quickly)

Pros

- Ease of use. Both clients and employees comment on how intuitive it is.
- Audit function. Very important to certain businesses and vital for ongoing compliance.
- Quality of video and document uploads. This provides additional comfort to the user.
- The Live Oak team are excellent and listen to feedback, releasing updates frequently.

Cons

No issues.

Grant H.

LiveOak - End-User Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Exponentially accelerating the speed at which client-signed paperwork can be collected, also allowing for extreme flexibility in the environment which the client can be in when signing.

Pros

This software is very attractive to technology-oriented individuals, and makes getting signed paperwork easy especially with people that are rarely stationary!

Cons

Somewhat of a rigid structure that must be followed in order to set up the room to get sold case paperwork signatures.

Sarah M.

I have been using liveoak for over a year and find the system extremely easy to use and set up.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

easy to use, can use snag-it and screenshots live with the software. Easy to navigate a non- techy client to allow camera and microphone access on their laptop/ computer to give them full access to liveoak

Pros

Easy to arrange a conference and to edit should it need to be re-arranged. This all happens in 'real time' without lags which is great for my particular use of the system.

Cons

You previously could have the clients video screen full frontal and take the pictures, the pictures would then populate above the full screen feature showing the client. This isn't available now, to view the captured images you need to shrink the video screen down in order to view the images. We work with the system in order to take face to face images of documents - being able to view the images and still talk to the camera was a much better layout.

David K.

Excellent Technology - Game Changer for how we do business

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

It is a great experience for myself and our clients. It is the reason we win some deals. I am extremely pleased with this technology.

Pros

It makes executing agreements easier than ever. It saves me time and headache.

Cons

I would like to be able to see what the trustee see while they are in docusign. Other than that there are no major improvements needed

Stephen S.

Liveoak has been a great asset to my team. It has allowed us to get signed paperwork in quicker.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Faster processing times, and less errors on paperwork received.

Pros

It has allowed us to get signed paperwork in the door faster, and reduced the number of errors on our forms.
From a professional development standpoint, as someone who is in internal sales, the software has allowed me to connect with many more plan sponsors which has been a great experience.

Cons

Right now, there are far too many templates available in liveoak and this is confusing. I think this is mostly a product of our paperwork at John Hancock and we need to better streamline the number of forms that we have.
Additionally there has been a couple of instances when the trustee on the other line has not received the popup to have them signed and this has required me to go the hardcopy paperwork route. This put me in a negative light in form of clients.

Adam S.

LiveOak

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Most of the plans I write are with LiveOak. Processing is significantly shorter. Sending out non-embedded emails for signatures has allowed me to increase my ability to sell plans.

Pros

Send documents out for trustees to complete at their convenience.

Cons

Not very easy to edit, or resend if you an email address that you were given is incorrect.

Kim L.

I enjoy liveoak because it provides an interactive way to complete paperwork for our clients.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

I am able to get new account paperwork to our processing department faster than every before!! When volume counts, this has directly contributed to my success on the sales desk!

Pros

My favorite part of the software is that we are virtually able to be in a conference with many people while completing paperwork. It provides such a high touch experience for our advisors and clients. My favorite part is finishing each call with a request by text message for their actual signature. Everyone loves it!

Cons

I know that it takes time and work to have fully fillable documents, but at times it can become cumbersome trying to navigate through the templates to figure out which one works.

Anne C.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall good experience. Few areas for improvement.

Pros

I like how we can all be in a conference together and go through page by page.

Cons

I wish templates, documents, and signers were editable. I wish we could see what signers see when they sign. Sometimes glitches occur.

Adam D.

Liveoak has created a seamless way to edit documents with clients to have them sign via DocuSign

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

It has drastically reduced the time it takes to get completed paperwork back from clients and has eliminated errors or missed signature sections.

Pros

Very easy to use, quickly editable and reduces the time required to get multiple sets of paperwork signed.

Cons

Once a room is created it would be nice if there was a way to edit what documents were included in that room, without having to set up an entirely new room.

Tom P.

TP

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I have really enjoy using Liveoak and it has made my job a lot easier when it comes to signing paperwork

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. High tech feel. Clients are always impressed by the technology, especially the text message function

Cons

Would prefer if the window size was compatible with the size of the documents. Typically have to scroll up and down to view each full page.

Austin E.

DocuSign

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

- Ease of signing
- Filters for potential NIGO flags
- Quick and easy upload

Cons

- Cannot update once made - too rigid
- Needs to be able to add more docs after creation
- Need more adjustments once created
- Easier signing process
- Clear up glitches

Robert H.

Liveoak is overall a positive experience for our sales teams and clients.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

-Huge time saver for the proposal signing process.
-Sales teams are able to collaborate with users in real time.
-Audit trail and keystrokes.

Pros

Users are able to collaborate and sign electronically, which saves a substantial amount of time during the signing process. The audit trail has come in handy when there are questions or issues during the onboarding process. The main aspect that stands out to me is Liveoak's professionalism and customer support.

Cons

Integration with DocuSign can lead to performance issues. However, this shouldn't be attributed to Liveoak as they're finding ways to mitigate these issues.

Brett S.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall, positive experience, and there are minor fixes that would make it even better.

Pros

Very interactive and easy to use for all parties involved. Rooms set up very quickly, so there's a lot of flexibility involved as well. Convenient in all cases to sign plans on.

Cons

Have had plenty of glitches. Often times when a plan sponsor starts to type in their SSN, they get kicked out of the room and have a hard time re-entering. Also, it needs to be easier to use on Iphones in the case that laptops aren't readily available. It's hard to guide plan sponsors to sign the paperwork on their phones.

Great System

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

I think the option the client has to be able to send their signatures through their smartphone and have it upload directly into the Liveoak room is extremely helpful and efficient.

Cons

So far, I think the system works great. There were a few things before that made it inconvenient to work with like the time it took for the room to load, however the Liveoak team has since fixed that issue and now the room loads very quickly.

Paul B.

LiveOak review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

My overall experience was great. This software really helped me in my role enhance the way I was able to complete contract paperwork and obtain signatures.

Pros

How easy it is to set a room up and gain signatures the first time around.
How all parties can be in the room and all have access to the documents for edits at the same time.

Cons

Once the signature button was hit, not being able to see what the person signing is seeing.

Arthur M.

LiveOak has greatly helped make our paperwork process more streamlined and efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Increase client satisfaction, time saver, improved our paperwork process.

Pros

This product is very easy to use with many different people, over many different systems (windows, mac, cell phones, etc.)

Cons

Because of our industry changes have to continually be made to this product. This has caused some instability in regards to the functionality at times.

Jeff T.

Liveoak Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

The ease and convenience of use. Everyone can be in different places and we can still get signatures done. Also like how it is fully interactive.

Cons

The lack of flexibility once you create a room. Once the room is created you cant add another document without deleting the room and creating a whole new one

Paige B.

Paige Bennett Liveoak Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

The software makes doing business efficient. Advisors are growing familiar with DocuSign and enjoy the experience liveoak provides

Cons

I wish there was the ability to edit the documents/templates included in the room AFTER it is created. I also wish these extending of the expiration was a little easier to do

Andy T.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Getting better, but still some bugs to work out.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to save time and efforts for everyone involved by keeping them off the road traveling to other offices to sign paperwork.

Cons

The fact that certain browsers have a tough time bringing up the web portal and delaying the signature process. The process should be universal regardless of the hardware or software being used. Frustrating to hear when advisors get booted up of sessions for no apparent reasons.

Kelsey S.

when it is working and loads correctly it is good

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Quick turnaround for paperwork

Pros

That is gets the paperwork signed quickly and that we can all view together/answer questions. Love the phone text/easy upload feature for specimen signatures.

Cons

limited help when a problem does arise. Working Pacific hours and a loading problems occurs past 5pm EST - seems nobody can help. Also when there is a fund update on our platform, I feel like it takes a few weeks to get the whole system back to running smoothly

Neil D.

Live Oak Is Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Great software, easy to use.

Pros

I love this software. Quick, efficient, sleek, professional. Really simple to use and great interface.

Cons

Having to reupload the templates and create a new envelope could be annoying. I wish you could see what the trustee was viewing on DocuSign.

Brian B.

Liveoak has empowered me to take better control of my business but it's not one size fits all.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I can cut out the advisor for the most part and work directly with clients. It takes the delay out of getting paperwork turned around as well as often times advisors will have forms signed and then just sit on them.

Cons

It doesn't work everywhere. Some BDs have firewalls that prevent us from using it and nobody seems to ever know until I've created the room, prefilled stuff and got the advisor on the line who finds the issue. It also is not Iphone/smartphone compatible which makes it tough with construction companies and folks who work remotely.