Outfield Reviews

Outfield

Mobile-interaction CRM for field sales reps & managers

4.2/5 (30 reviews)
Micah O.

Definitely the most convenient reporting tool I've had the privilege to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

The benefits we saw was actual time spend on the back end instead of things just reported. Gives us the hard numbers from the actual time spent at a check in. Helps streamline out network of communications between all different teams.

Pros

The ease of visibility to my teams. Provides simple solutions to escalations we see in the field and provides insight for partners to show off all the awesome things they are doing on their own.

Cons

Can't backdate meetings or events if no cell phone service to report. Then when we do have the opportunity to report it reflects on the wrong day from the admin perspective. A solution to be able to specify a date of an event if we are unable to check in at that time.

Dan C.

it needs more features such as location awareness, proximity alerts, followup alarms

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

real time reporting

Pros

easy to put for a quick note, needs to have more categories though such as active, pending contract, prospect. I like the ease of being able to write a quick note and everyone at the office see it immediately, like please have service call this certain dealer while im sitting there and it happens, real time issue resolving is great.

Cons

when adding new dealers and it needs more categories such as prospect or active or pending contract. i also think it should upload address automatically like when you checkin on facebook.

Response from Outfield

Thank you for your feedback, Dan!

We're happy to hear you are enjoying the "Real Time" aspect of our product, it's a fan favorite!

Regarding the cons you listed:
It sounds like you should try leveraging the Deal Pipeline feature. From there you can assign the accounts to customized stages such as prospect, active, or pending contract. Once they are in your pipeline, you can move them from stage to stage and assign estimated values for each deal. Here is a link to one of our articles and videos showcasing the Deal Pipeline. (https://support.outfieldapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002147672-How-to-Manage-your-Deal-Pipeline)

Regarding uploading addresses automatically, you may want to check out our "Add from Nearby Places" feature. It takes nearby locations and will auto populates the Name, Address, and any other contact information that's readily available. From there, you can check-in, create a note, or add that new account to your deal pipeline. Hopefully this information helps!

5.0/10
Steve C.

Outfield is a fantastic tool for tracking sales activity and keeping current on all sales calls.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

What I like most is the ability to recall what I've discussed on previous calls with customers. I can also keep track of when I visited each customer so I can ensure that customers aren't going too long without a visit.

Cons

I have to be honest, there's nothing that I don't like about the software. I like that the customer service team are always on top of any bugs and small fixes that come along and they ensure things are improved fast.

Outfield is a powerful tool for a rapidly expanding field team.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

An indispensable tool for quantifying field team activities. The news feed helps keep remote employees connected and up to date. The Outfield team is super responsive and supportive. Features are added constantly.

Cons

It can be hard to sort through all of the incoming information as a team member so filter options would be very helpful. Sometimes buggy (iPhone X). However, bugs are fixed fast and new features are always being added.

Claudina C.

It has been a great tool even though we are still modifying according to our needs

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

The ease of Use and the customer support we have received have been amazing. Overtime we need to edit something they will do it right away.

Cons

A few things are still missing, but we are getting the support from your team. The only thing is that overtime there is a change we seem to be missing the already existing i formation which is really unfortunate since thats our main data base and at the same time work that we will need to re do.

Nathan N.

I have this app for the last 6 months and found it easy and simple to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Easily tracks customer information. Helps plans my route fast and more effeciantly.

Pros

When I first started to use this software I found it very easy to use. It was simple, accurate and very user friendly. Since I have been using it I have not asked for help from the technical team, I like the Idea it stores your past information

Cons

When you search nearby places it does not show the one you are looking for, therefore you have to add it manually

Will M.

App was easy to learn and navigate for the most part

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

Happened to be starting a new territory right when we got this app and I found the route planner to be useful for the first couple trips to see new customers

Cons

The forms do not save after you have filled them out. Should be able to see all of the original answers from the first time you use a form then you can just edit what has changed rather than having to fill the entire form out again

William C.

Use for work. Easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Easy to use. Prompts are user friendly. Reminders when a field is overlooked. Step by step guidance.

Cons

Only negative is the fact that I have to be working in order to use this application. Company requirement.

Halen H.

My experience has been excellent with outfield. Very easy to use, minimal bugs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I like the ease of use the most about the Outfield software. It loads my data pretty much everywhere very quickly and there are minimal glitches or bugs. Great at keeping track of visits and documenting them.

Cons

I do not like how sometimes it will open up the maps on an Iphone and device and take you a different location than the one selected at times. I also think it would be helpful if the app could show you at an overview when the last time was you visited certain locations, that way you know right away which stores you need to visit.

Steve M.

A great tool to help manager my territory.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Keeps all my accounts information in one app and this makes using Outfield so much easier to view and keep track or store visits.

Cons

There is not that much is not to like about using the software. I use it daily and it's the best app I have used.

Kent E.

I use Outfield everyday

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

It keeps me alert to my conversations from the last visit. I can also look at the map and see who I can squeeze in a visit to

Cons

I often need to reload the site to get the maps to work. I did not have to do this a few months ago.

Simple and powerful tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

I can plan better my visits and can work faster and easier, and have more time for other matters

Pros

That you can set it up with what is needed and makes your life simple and have all data needed to make good work and business decisions also you can have a history of growth and detail pictures of looks changes etc

Cons

That it will not aloof sometimes to save the work but is been fixed now!!!! So you would do all the work and it will not alloud to save it so you'll have to start again I think the problem was how the questionnaire was set up by the company

Christina W.

I am constantly experiencing issues with getting updates to my tablet

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Cons

Very difficult to use. Not user friendly. I don't care for this at all. I am constantly running into problems with updates being sent out that are not compatible with the device I am already using for the program.

Response from Outfield

Hey Christina!

We wanted to follow up on a review you left for us on Capterra. We're sorry to hear you are having a bad experience with Outfield and we want to do everything we can to remedy the situation. Every bad review is an opportunity to improve and we would like to act accordingly.

The issue is stemming from the RCA Voyager device you are using. These devices are known to have issues working with apps and it's lack of GPS capabilities severely hinder Outfield from working on the device.

We suggest using a device geared towards business applications. Something with a more up-to-date Operating System and GPS. iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (GPS enabled) running a current OS all work great with our software.

Please, if there is anything we can do, let us know and we can help!

0.0/10
Scott M.

It is easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

Outfield is very easy to use. If I make a mistake it is easy to fix. It can be used as a note book. I can go back to see what I did the visit before.

Cons

Me personally I don't like the time that I have to put in to log in then write down everything that that I just did in that account. I have been in the food business for 37 years and have a great memory. I remember what I did in each and every account the times before

Anna Z.

It's easy to use and helpful in tracking notes and follow ups

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I like that I can always go back and review my notes on my check in's. I also like that you can open navigation straight from the app. Adding pictures is also a big plus.

Cons

When I've checked into a location, and try to exit to look at some previous notes or another screen, sometimes the timer on that check in freezes and it's difficult to know how long I've actually been there once I'm ready to check out.

7.0/10
Brian L.

Used it for work to track my visits. Very easy to you, highly recommend

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

The notes and gps feature made my routes very easy and simple. Notes were extremely helpful when I looked back on my visits.

Cons

The closure to a visit such as point of visit.. is very tedious and if it isnt done, the visit doesn't get tracked,

Sean R.

Very easy to use

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

The simplicity of the layout and design have really made the overall exerpaicne one that I would recommend to all of my friends and family

Cons

I don't have a con because it is such an easy and awesome application and service to use that I wouldn't have anything against it y

I think Outfield is super easy to use and very efficient

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Its ease of use. I use this software every week for work and I enjoy the fact that it is very easy to navigate.

Cons

No cons! This software allows me to do my job and not be frustrated trying to navigate the app. Great job!

Cassy V.

Simple, fast, accurate recording, easy to look back on stored information

Reviewed on 2018/05/28

Pros

Easy to use, great for recording info accurately and quickly.
Great to find past information.
Great on the iPhone

Cons

I wish i could look up customers while still being logged in somewhere.
Sometime it doesn't bring up the salons in the area I'm in.
Drains battery on phone
Comments are hard to find if you don't click on them straight away

Drew T.

Overall a useful tool that helps to keep track of all information needed.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Map and directions feature I liked that I can click on a location it gives me the option to use Apple Maps.
I like how you can plan a trip and it calculates most efficient path.

Cons

Lags and freezes. Lose information in drafts occasionally/deletes post automatically.
Opens very slow.
I dislike that it closes the app each time I go into a different app then it takes extended time to reopen and reboot app.

Easy to use and navigate through the app

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Being able to capture information that can be used for future visits. Easy to navigate from screen to screen. Gives visibility to other team members.

Cons

Uses lots of battery life. Need to have a portable charger at all times when using the app. App is also slow when cellular signal is week.

Amanda V.

We are really enjoying the app so far.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

We really like the ease of use, it is easy to pick up on how the app and online portion operate. We would recommend to anyone.

Cons

We have had some issues with uploading clients, and creating duplicate clients. Not sure if that is something you could help with.

Sara B.

Has been a great easy to app to use so far

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

What I like most about the software is the awesome and easy functionality it has to offer. Easy to check in and out of the app.

Cons

What I like least about the app is sometimes the app closes while using it for no particular reason.

Marjorie H.

Wonderful!!

Used Monthly for 1+ year

Accountability

Pros

Great customer service and quick reaction time from the Outfield team to solve issue our field reps may have and to make our experience with Outfield better

Cons

I wish as an Administrator that I could have more ability to manage my team and not just pull reports. I feel it would minimize the amount of thing the Outfield has to help with if an administrator could change passwords and move accounts between reps

I love outfield so easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Pros

It's versatility and ease of maintenance. All of us can login and see the same information and growth.

Cons

The only thing that has verb difficult with this software are the software updates causing issues with syncing