Showing 37 reviews of 27

Planning Pod

Event management and venue management software platform

Showing 37 reviews of 27
Nicole E.

I run my business with Planning Pod

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Professional invoicing and contracts w/ online signatures, floor plans, generate to-do templates for each event I plan/design that sends reminders to my clients, database for vendors/contacts

Pros

This app is iPad, Android and laptop friendly, so I can easily access information anywhere with whichever device I happen to be using.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Nicole!

Lisa L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy-to-use, cost-effective event management tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It helps with signing people up for our events, tracking submitted information, processing payments from attendees and communicating information to attendees.

Pros

Planning Pod is a very valuable tool for processing event registrations, RSVPs and payments. It also helps communicate information to event attendees. Planning Pod offers a lot of powerful features without the high prices that come with a lot of other event management software options. The customer support at Planning Pod is always very responsive to any questions or issues that pop up.

Cons

While the event website component is very easy to use, I wish it had more flexibility to change fonts and font sizes and arrange text on the website in a custom way.
There should also be a way to change attendee ticket status without having to call customer support.
A little more flexibility in naming items would also be ideal. (e.g. - We "register" people for our big annual seminar - but had to "sell tickets" due to Planning Pod's set-up)

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Lisa. I have added your input to our list of suggested features for future consideration. As for changing ticket status, if you are charging a fee for registrations, there is a 60-day period that you can change status or refund tickets on your end in the application. After that, you do need to contact us due to the requirements of the credit card payment processors that we work with. If you are not charging a fee, you can always void a free ticket anytime.

Hillary B.

Great Tools for Wedding Planners

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Planning Pod helped streamline a lot of my work into a single software. I really love how everything was in a single place. If your looking for a good, reliable wedding planning software, this is the one to choose!

Pros

We used planning pod and it worked great! I really like how they were always willing to take suggestions from their users. The ability to take payments through the software also helped streamline everything. Their how to videos and articles really helped to explain how their features work. I really liked how I could store all contracts within the software itself. This helped me eliminate nearly all paper. Customer support was also always very helpful whenever I needed help. They always responded that same day!

Cons

Nothing really, it was a fantastic system!

I used PlanningPod for client management, contracts, and invoices.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Very easy to use platform with video tutorials. Great for organizing my client event details. They are always looking at ways to improve.

Cons

Would love to be able to have tools for event design. The floor plan tool isn't the easiest to work with.

Adrienne C.

Great product! Easy to use and excellent customer services

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Easy to navigate; clear and easy to read emails to clients; proposals are easy to create; invoicing is easy to set and forget! Customer service takes all the requests into consideration and is always implementing new features.

Cons

The customization of columns in the budget section but this is quite minor compared to the amount of features that are available.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your review, Adrienne. We have expanded the options in the Budget tool so hopefully that meets you needs better.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This is a great value. Very high end functionality for the price to set up our school's...

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

It provided an online presence that was easy to edit, which was the main thing we were looking for with this project. All of the other event planning tools were icing on the cake and may very well shift how we handle event management going forward.

Pros

The ability to organize items into different parts for the events (invoices, contacts, contracts) yet have them all interconnected and retrievable is superb.

Cons

At times, navigating the site to get from one section to another can be a little confusing. Some of the links are in the navigation, some of the links need to be found in pull-down lists.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your review! We have recently launched a new version of the software and, based on feedback from our users, tweaked our navigation so things are easier to find and there are more ways to find the information you need.

Marsha C.

Thanks to Planning Pod, my planning service is extremely organized and savvy.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Where I can plan, organize, schedule, collect payments in one tab. I am able to plan our client's entire event in planning pod, I schedule their monthly to dos, I interact with our team via planning pod. Our clients are able to enter and update their guests lists, work on the seating chart and create meal assignments. I am able to create, send and sign contracts along with our clients. I can collet current and schedule payments with a simple clicks. I love that I can create an event itinerary and include the list of creatives on the itinerary.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Marsha ... it is much appreciated :)

• Industry: Events Services

Manage everything in one place.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

I could easily manage my multiple events, send emails and notes to clients, create timelines and share them with my team all with just a few clicks.

Cons

They should create an app for smartphones or at least a more user friendly mobile website. Just a tad pricey compared to other options.

Sabrina C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Best event management software I ever used

Reviewed on 2018/03/04

Pros

Multiple useful tools in one platform
Easy navigation
Flexible templates
Excellent customer service

Response from Planning Pod

Thank you for your feedback, Sabrina :)

Leah W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Planning Pod is some great features, some not-so-great features

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

I learned to focus on budgeting and invoicing because of Planning Pod.

Pros

Planning Pod makes it pretty easy to create an event budget and create invoices for each event. I also like the way you can store and manipulate contact information.

Cons

It is frustrating that you can't link the invoices to the budget. I'd like to show to see invoices that get paid correspond and show up in the budget area. It's also frustrating that I can't store receipts, etc. in the budget, e.g. there's no upload feature. It would be great to upload a document related to an expense, or a paid-in-full invoice. It's also frustrating that I can't add pages to the invoices. Sometimes I want to show certain information about the invoice that can't be recorded in the system as-is. But if I was able to add pages, it would make it even easier to send the invoices directly out from my Planning Pod account.

Response from Planning Pod

Thank you for your input, Leah. To be honest, our system isn't set up to do full accounting, which is what you are describing here (as our Budget tool is meant for budgeting and not bookkeeping/accounting). However, we will be integrating with Quickbooks and Xero in Q2 2018 so you can sync your proposals and invoices in Planning Pod to a Quickbooks or Xero account. We are also adding the capability to add images and documents to invoices (like pass-through receipts) to display to customers or for your own use and tracking.

Natalie M.
  • Industry: Events Services

The system is fairly easy to use. Could use a bit of refinement in aesthetic but works great...

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

ease of use. helps me keep client's organized.

Pros

great price, allows me to keep most everything in one place. I love the itinerary portion of the site my clients and vendors do too.

Cons

is not integrated with some other systems. I have to use Honeybook to manage contracts because it's easier. AislePlanner is more robust and has a new feel that makes wedding client's gravitate toward it

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Natalie. We are currently overhauling our contracts, invoices and proposals tools to incorporate feedback we have solicited from our users. We will be integrating with Quickbooks and Xero in Q2 2018 so you can integrate our proposals, invoicing and payments tools with those bookkeeping applications. We have also redesigned our interface and made it much more customizable so you can change the look for any audience.

Davii M.

I Like This Program

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I use this program for most of my events. I like it, but it can use some more functionality and ease of use. Nevertheless, I will continue to use it and hope it improves with time. Price is great too.

Pros

The large font, the different uses that it has which are specific to the events industry.

Cons

It's very slow to load contacts; searching for contacts is a pain; trying to attach vendors and other people involved in the event is clumsy. Searching for venue information is not easy or intuitive. They have no way to run a report for taxes owed at the end of the quarter. Some improvements could be made to their room layout tool to make it quicker, smoother and fewer steps to each change or edit.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Davii. We have launched a new version in which we have improved many of the issues you were having, including improving our Contacts tool and simplifying adding contacts and vendors to events. We are also in the midst of overhauling our proposals, invoices and payments tools as well as tax reporting, so those issues are being addressed.

Abigail R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Planning Pod - Improve on RSVPs

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

the to do list/reminders is very handy.

Cons

The RSVP format is not very functional because you have to upload a new roster each time there is a change.
For a real estate company with over 700 agents, it is counterproductive to upload a new roster for each time for each event.
Maybe if there was a way to get it synced.

Briar J.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

I found this system very easy to use from a planner perspective.

Cons

I found my clients didn't love having to learn a new platform and so they didn't use it as much as I wanted them to.

Jane R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

perfect for floor plans and team collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

perfect for event promotion and customizing your own styled website for your event! managing proposals and contracts!

Cons

a little bit pricey, other than that it is all good! i have no complains or negative feedbacks! just the price though!

Good, easy-to-use and practical planning tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

I use it to mostly manage my client's budget and timelines. There are many other features that I don't regularly use because I use other tools or processes, but it works well for those items and I'm on it frequently.

Pros

I like that the owners are always trying to make upgrades to the software and they seem to genuinely listen to customer feedback on what we want to see. It's well priced and easy to use.

Cons

The wedding websites available to the clients aren't up to par with what is available in the industry. Same with the floor plan tool. It would be wonderful to only have to use one platform, but at the same time, it's priced appropriately that the tools you receive are good / on point with what you are paying for.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your review. We are currently collecting feedback on our Floorplans tool with plans to make major updates to it in 2018, so please let us know if you have any specific features you would like to see enhanced. We also recently added an Inspiration/Vision Board tool for collaborating visually with team members and clients. As for the event webpage tool, it is focused more on RSVP/registration collection, which is why it may not have the design capabilities of other tools like Wix. But I appreciate the feedback and we will be making updates to that tool later in 2018.

Erin L.

Fraudulent - do not use

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

It's too bad because they have the right idea and I did enjoy using their platform while it lasted, but they can't partner with processing companies that don't support their mission statement. All they would have to do is have a couple options or help fix the one they are already partnered with.

Pros

I am an event planner and was happily using their software that I would give 4* to until the one and only banker/payment processing said they offer decided out of the blue after over a year of using the product -- that they can no longer work with my company as I plan events that sometimes involve travel. They won't even allow me to use the invoice software to put through event planning services that have nothing to do with travel. With no warning and zero help from customer service on both the WePay and Planning Pod sides. You can't provide a platform and advertise that you are working as an event planning platform only to have the invoicing and ticket registration platforms not work for events? It is fraud to sell something to companies that doesn't have the functionality that they advertise. They have built a platform to create events and take payments, yet I am banned from doing so. Not to mention it has been over 2 weeks and they are still continuing to charge my card for their service even after I requested a stop/refund. All they would have to do is a quick audit what I do and have a conversion with the one payment processor they work with to resolve this issue. No phone support which makes this even more difficult.

Cons

Terrible customer support. No phone support -- only emails that take more than a business day to answer a trouble support ticket. When your business has to stop because the platform that you are paying for is not working at all, it can be very frustrating having no sense of urgency or even 1 day warning this was going to happen. My account is still rendered useless as it has been for well over a week and still no response from them.

Donna A.
  • Industry: Events Services

I use PP to keep all my weddings in one place. It's an efficient tool to use in tracking my...

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

My client info was everywhere, some in Google docs, some in excel...just everywhere. Now everything is in one place which has helped me organize and be a little more efficient.

Pros

The timeline feature and the ability to customize a few things. I enjoy the fact that my clients can collaborate with me on their events and manage their task lists on their own. The planning pod team is very responsive to ideas from its users and that is a huge plys.

Cons

It's easy for event planning use, but for weddings it has many features I don't use, such as ticket sales etc. It had also been nice to manage basic tasks specific to daily follow up on clients through the client contact area. I don't necessarily like that I have to utilize a task lust within the event to set a task if that makes sense. I want to go to one area that has all my clients in it, set my follow up tasks at one time for each client and then get an email reminder to do it.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Donna. You can add/view/manage tasks via the Calendar tool also if you don't want to manage them inside each event. We will be adding workflows in Q2 2018 so you can more easily set follow-ups and reminders for anything in your account.

Heather C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Best value for the most features

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Clean layout, easy to navigate. My staff likes it, but my clients will not use the features available to them because it is too confusing/complicated. Compared to other similar programs, I feel it has the most to offer for my staff's needs.

Cons

Flexibility of PDF reports, on-screen reports, and customization. Also the calendar sync does not work properly, which makes it useless for scheduling appointments.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Heather. We do offer quite a few tools for all the aspects of managing events, but you can always limit the tools your clients see so that it's not so overwhelming for them. Also, we have recently enhanced all our PDF reports and dashboards. And I checked the electronic calendar syncing feature in your account and it is working fine now, so please let us know if you still have an issue with it.