TimeLog

4,3
4,3
4,8
Christian V.

Favorite time and project management solution!

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

As a consulting company we live from the hours we spend at our customers and reliability on the invoicing. Timelog makes our project registration and management efficient. We always have up to date project information and the ease of use for our consultants is an important part.

Pros

As a fast growing consulting company we really need an easy and reliable time and project management solution. Timelog fulfills this completely in the past three years.

The resource manager helps us to give realtime insight in available resources or which people have too much pressure on their planning. For the consultants it's also an easy tool to see which new projects are on their planning in the near future.

Invoicing was one of the biggest advantages why we have chosen for Timelog. After two days of wrestling with Excel sheets at the end of the month we came across Timelog. With the Exact Online connection it takes us now 1 hour per month.

Last but not least I want to mention the great people behind Timelog! Very experienced, always helpful and they solve your problems almost always the same day. They also list very carefully to our feedback and that often results in new features!

Cons

New mobile app, improved resource planner more BI reporting. But I know they are working very hard on these points!

Response from TimeLog

Dear Christian,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I would also like to extend a humble thanks from our support team!

I hope you have got the chance to test our new mobile app - TimeLog Mobile. We're very excited to get your feedback on the way it works and suggestions to better suit your needs.

As you mention - improved resource planning and BI reporting is very much top of mind for us and are in the roadmap for 2019. We're looking forward getting you guys on board for this.

Nidzara F.
Industry: Civil Engineering

TimeLog helped us improve our workflow and elevate our work efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Great product and amazing service and assistance from very beaning which stated with trail-period through implementation and everyday use.

Pros

TimeLog software was chosen in our company after browsing the market for time registering , resource planning and management tools. TimeLog is so easy to implement and platform is extremely user-friendly with a great support on-line in form of chat and 'Help Center' with detail description text- and video- tutorials.

Cons

It could be nice if different team members (users) in the company can choose different subscription.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Nidzara. Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you find TimeLog easy to implement and like our support.
We look forward to showing you, the new resource planner coming in beta this year. If you like you are welcome to become a preview tester?

Kim L.

OK for handling hours

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

started in a completely wrong way, thought it could a lot more from the beginning - but a lot more complex. And it still miss the view and inpact on the economy for the future. They do the best to get us going, and we think we are on the way (been that for 9 month now) The daily support are superb.

Pros

Easy to register hours, with a desktop solution and mobile.

Cons

Know they are working on it, but right now is the system not good enough to handle estimate revenue in the future, compared to budgets.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your honest review.
I'm glad you believe we're moving in the right direction.
I know I speak for everybody in the team when I say, we wish we had gotten you off to a better start and that we have managed to meet your expectations better. Your reasons for this review is very understandable, and you should know your feedback is helping us pushing development in the right direction.

That being said, we look forward to getting to a place where you will be satisfied with the system.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Birgit O.

Successful with Timelog since 2008

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Pros

Timelog has a great usability, the majority of the functionalities are easy to find and understand and are overall self explanatory. The on-boarding process for new employees is extremely easy and can be done quickly. The billing process is also easy to learn and invoices can be issued within minutes. The time logging process and reminder functions help to keep our business going. Timelog is a very flexible system and we are able to manage and invoice even the most complicated projects in a timely manner. The fact that Timelog is web based makes work very convenient for all employees, project managers and accountants and is an important factor.

Cons

Some versions of Timelog worked better than others. Since we use the system for almost 12 years , there were a few functionalities in older versions that weren't great, but with the newest version right now everything seems to be fine. Some functionalities are only useful for Scandinavian customers, but we usually find a work around.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Birgit. Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you still find TimeLog great after 12 years of use. We are always trying to improve and update the system to fit the customers' needs, so it's nice that you also have that perception with the newest versions.

Theo T.

Use Timelog for project administration

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Works very well. Does not need much explanation or training. The information flow is logical. If the project is defined well, the effort for administrative processing is minimal.

Pros

1) All finance related data in one place.
2) As a Project Manager, I am able to create draft invoices that I ask the customer to approve before I send the final invoice via our corporate billing process. Mistakes may be identifiedin the draft invoice. This helps both the customer and us to avoid cost for correction of wrong (final) invoices.
3) Data is accurate and reflects the project As-Is.
4) Project import from MS Project. We prepare our projects in MS Project for project offers and planning.

Cons

I use data from reports for reporting to customers. I have to customize the data cosmetically in Excel prior to sending / presenting these to the customer.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Theo.
Thank you for your nice review. It means a lot to us and we take notice of your review suggestions.

A thorough upgrade to the reporting engine and the user interface is in our roadmap. This should save you the time you now spend modifying reports for Excel and give you a much better experience using TimeLog reporting.

Have a wonderful day :)

Marianne maack A.
Industry: Human Resources

TimeLog is great

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Everyone is now tracking time in the system, and their registrations are reviewed when the projects are invoiced. We have a perfect status system for our projects, while we now can follow the projects "health", looking at time spend and compare it to time planned. Furthermore we have all informations regarding employees holiday, sickdays and other absence gathered in one system, and can easily export the data to another system (or use it directly)

Pros

You have a great overview both on your projects, on your timetracking and on your invoicing. The intergrations we use, works to our satisfaction and we are preparing to use the system even more, because of it's great opportunities

Cons

Resource planning is a tough nut to crack

Response from TimeLog

Dear Marianne,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I would also like to extend a great and humble thanks from our support team!

Improved resource planning is in the development roadmap and we look much forward to present an improved resource management feature.

Industry: Computer & Network Security

Usefull and simple software for timeregistration

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

Pros

Really great system to log time. You can define the type of project or work, so you get the right structure.
The system is very flexible, so you can use only the functions that are best for you.
The developers create new functions ongoing so you feel that the software develops.

Cons

There are none - or almost none - notification possibilities in the system. I need for example monthly measurements of some certain numbers with a notification of >whatever<.
The report module is inflexible and old fashioned.

Response from TimeLog

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you like our system. I will forward your point about notifications to our Head of Product Management. Regarding the report module, I can tell you that we are working on a new module and we hope that we can present it to you in the nearest future :) Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

Joël H.
Industry: Management Consulting

Best fit application to manage consultants activities by customer side

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

In 2010, when I grew up my SAP consulting practice in Belgium, I immediatly looked for a package to manage my consultants at customer premises and invoice their periodic fee. I compared other softwares for SME, mostly American ones, and I decided for a European product, from Denmark. From the very beginning I've got a very good service for the spent.

Pros

Verry easy to use.
Comprehensive interface
Best practices embedded

Cons

Could improve European basic settings such as default holiday calendar for instance (Belgium, France, Germany.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Joel,

I have taken your suggestion to improve default European holidays and other basic settings to our development team to investigate.
- It's input like this that help us improve!

Frederik S.
Industry: Accounting

Cutting edge control and overview

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Our controlling and project overview in terms of registration and invoiceing is really good.
Our quailty in timeregistration has definately been improved after we started using timelog.

Pros

We use and have been using timelog for a while now. The posibilites to make our teamleders approve timeregistration and creative invoice drafts is amazing.

one click invoicing is also one of the features we love a lot.

Cons

Estimated hours on fixed price or recuring monthly tasks would be nice.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Frederik.
I speak on behalf of the team when I tell you we're excited about all your positive input.

The recurring monthly task feature is already in live testing, so we hope to be able to release this very soon. Actually, we just opened for beta testing, and you are welcome to check it out.

Grith H.

Solid project administration

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

We have a strong software to administrate our ongoing projects and tasks.

Pros

It is a solid system. And their support function is of high standard. Thet are very open to customers input.

Cons

The control of userrights are difficult.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Grith, thanks a lot for your review - it means a lot to us. We are very happy that you feel that we are open to your inputs as we work very hard on involving our customers as much as possible in the development process. I will forward your point about the control of userrights to our Head of Product Management :) Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

Mikael R.

TimeLog is great for Time&Material business'

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

As a consultancy company we live from billing time/hours and TimeLogs Time-to-Money process is just what I needed, when I joined a previous consultancy company with lots of project, fine turnover and a bottom line like a nightmare.

So when I started Carve Consulting in 2013, I wasn't in doubt: TimeLog was a must as the single, administrative tools for all consultants and partners. We use it for time-registration, expenses, project management etc. Even those of my colleagues who haven't great flair for administrative tasks can be helped to do the full process: From time to money.

Behind the scenes TimeLog is integrated to e-conomic as our accounting system, which I'm the only one to access.

Yes, Carve Consulting is a true TimeLog Company.

Pros

Ease and flexibility of use in the sense, that it allows you combine classic project/time management with the financial details of the underlying contract. In this way the work of collecting the time registrations and converting them to an invoice is doable for everybody.

In our business almost every contract have some unique 'details' like pricing, in and out of scope, payment schedules, etc. TimeLog supports these 'details' which enables the Time-to-Money process to be simple.

All it takes is to do the initial job of setting-up the project correctly. Garbage in, garbage out.

Cons

All I miss is an app what supports expenses on-the-go: Scan recite. Done.

I'm pretty sure it's on its way.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Mikael,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad that TimeLog is able to assist you in your everyday life and enables Time-to-Money at Carve Consulting.

Trine G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I have worked in multiple system so far, and will definitely recommend TimeLog as my all time favori

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

TimeLog is super easy to use and give a superb overview of both financial figures and resources available. Through TimeLog's many reporting options, it is easy to do the reporting needed by the management team.

With our usage of TimeLog we are following the development of our resources closely. Their resource planer gives a perfect overview of available resources and when a resource is fully booked. From an employees point of view it is also easy to see which tasks are planned for the future.

The invoicing is done flawlessly, and if you keep the system updated with the correct data along the way, it takes me a quarter of the time compared to colleagues using other systems.

I would like to highlight TimeLog's support team they are always sweet, patient and extremely helpful, and they truly understand how to create an amazing customer experience!

Cons

Even though we are pleased with the resource planner, it is also one of the features that could use a brush-up. It is a bit difficult to move the allocated hours between days, if you are doing a detailed planning. I know they are working on improving this, which I am looking forward to.

I also miss an extension to the pipeline management.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Trine,

Allan L.

TimeLog Projects is easy to use and gives me daily insights into hours on "my" customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Timelog is easy to use and gives me insights into hours spend on "my" projects and customers.
Our invoicing is also done through Timelog's interface and the integration with other tools works really good. Our experience is that if the project is set up correctly the process from registration to invoice and payment is handled smoothly with integration to Economics.

Cons

As a Consulting Company we had a need for further analytics and reporting and we established Accobat BI for Timelog. A standard report package for timelog users. It fits perfect together with TimeLogs open platform.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Allan,

Extending our capabilities for BI reporting is a priority for us and we're excited to be working with you guys at Accobat. Great BI!

Gracia S.

Satisfied user

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall I am a very satisfied user.

Pros

Once you discover how easy it is to work with Timelog. You'll be able to manage all projects in the right direction.

Cons

In the case of holiday and/or leave registration, an email may be sent to the manager with a monthly report from the relevant department. In order to better monitor the occupancy rate. That would make it more complete.

Also the update button for the currency is not always up to date. You must delete the concept invoice , then refresh the currency in the project itself , only then you can make a final invoice with the current currency.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Gracia,

Thank you for your helpful input on how we can improve TimeLog, make it easier to get notifications on holiday/leave and update the invoicing workflow to make it smoother.

On behalf of the whole team, I can tell you that we're very excited you like the system and took your time to share your experience.

Deborah O.
Industry: Computer Software

Top Tool for Consulting Company

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

We have Timelog in use since 2008, we are a consulting company that track all project and invoices in Timelog. We are still very satisfied customers. The tool could even handle our yearly 20% growth over the last 9 years (now more then 160 people and many many projects). There was also some steady implementation of new useful features over the last years. The support is also very good. I have seen (and needed to use in parallel) over the last years other tracking tools installed at our customers sites...after this experiences I was always glad we have Timelog in use internally!

Pros

Easy to use and flexible. Good UI.

Cons

Some ways to select multiple items based on a filter could be improved. But manly all is very fine.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Birgit,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad to hear that TimeLog has helped you scale you company, and that you are pleased with out support team. It is great to hear that after almost 10 years with us you are still going strong.

Per F.
Industry: Information Services

TimeLog is a great product for project management and time tracking.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easy time-tracking, great project management, perfect integration to e-conomic for invoicing.

Pros

If you put a little time into structuring your projects into sub-tasks, time tracking is no longer a pain, but just a natural part of your day-to-day job as a consultant.

Before I start a project, I make sure that the sub-tasks are easy to understand and have logical names. Then it's very easy to track time in the TimeLog Tracker on my PC or smartphone.

Our invoices are sent via e-conomic and the integration to TimeLog works great!

Cons

TimeLog Manager is a complex product and sometimes the user interface is a bit too complex. But the help system and guides give you good advice on how to move on.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Per,

We're grateful and excited to read your great review. I would also like to extend a humble thanks from our support team!

The balance between our customers' complex needs and a friendly user interface is a focus point we're working hard on getting just right. I can tell you things are happening within the company that should result in an even better user experience in 2019.

Liselotte dall N.
Industry: Education Management

A good Log and projekt maneger

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I have uset TimeLog in 10 year. My organisations has great value in the system. Especially project controlling

Pros

Helps me to overlook my projects and time

Cons

Reports that is not yet made, and i have to wait for timeLog to make them

Response from TimeLog

Dear Liselotte.

Thank you so much for your review.
It really means a lot to our developers, supporters and consultant. I just shared your review and they are excited reading your feedback.

Right now we are working on design changes and new features for TimeLog Mobile that should make navigating and using TimeLog even easier.
- We look forward to presenting all the new features soon and hope you like them.

Agne V.
Industry: Human Resources

Good value for money

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to learn, how to use it, plus the process from time tracking to the invoicing is very user friendly.

Cons

The reporting part could be more flexible.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Agne,

Thank you very much for your review. Here at TimeLog, it means a lot to us, when our customers take time to review our solution and provide us with constructive feedback so we can improve.

We would also like our reporting to be more flexible and user-friendly. This is why we this fall will release an entirely new reporting module with a much better overview of your most significant key figures.

Julius from TimeLog

Friendly and easy to use UI, comprehensive reports and very useful CRM addon module.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

- great value for money
- modern, easy and intuitive user interface (UI)
- many features
- comprehensive reporting being constantly enhanced
- CRM addon module
- great tool for consulting companies, like us :-)

Cons

Missing mobile apps, e.g. for the CRM module. The only available app on the appstore is "TimeLog Tracker".

Response from TimeLog

I hope you have gotten the chance to start using our new app - TimeLog Mobile. It's available in both Apple app-store and Google Play.

Paul V.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Fit for purpose

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Timelog makes our project registration and management efficient. We always have up to date project information and we have never had a functional wish that Timelog was unable to fullfil

Pros

Flexibility, we can configure it ourselves

Cons

Userinterface is becoming a bit outdated

Response from TimeLog

Dear Poul,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad that TimeLog is providing Zhimble with an efficient system that allows you to keep your project data up to date.

Svend aagee L.
Industry: Environmental Services

Managing with TimeLog in a consultancy company

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

TimeLog is a favourable choice as a project managing system. It has many years experience in solving and connecting administrative rutines. There are good functionalities with apps and TL can import / export data with your ERP system

Pros

good functionality, easy to learn

Cons

quarterly fee seems high

Response from TimeLog

Dear Svend Aage,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad that TimeLog can assist you in growing your consultancy company.

Liselott R.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

From Good to Great

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Overall I'm very satisfied with TimeLog but the problem to export information to excel and sometimes also print reports gives you only four stars above instead of five. Export reports to Excel will do TimeLog to a five stars software.

Pros

Easy to learn

Cons

Export reports to excel doesn't work

Response from TimeLog

Hi LiseLott,

Thank you so much for the fine review and we are pleased that you happy with TimeLog Project.

I can understand that the Excel reports does not work for you. And it defiantly should, that is an essential part of the reporting. I will let our support team know that you are struggling with the reports and they will contact you shortly.

Regards
Maya

Keld K.
Industry: Fund-Raising

TimeLog recommendation

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

TimeLog is a very helpful tool. It helps keeping track of our projects - and how our ressources are used.
It also all the time tell us how much we earn per hour we are using

Pros

The thing I ike most is the flexibility which gives a lot of opportunities

Cons

I'm looking very much forward to the time when the server is working faster

Response from TimeLog

Dear Keld,

Thank you so much for your review and for participating at the TimeLog Day in November.

It makes all the difference for everybody in here that you are satisfied with our solution and want to share your thoughts.

- We look forward to presenting all the new features soon and we hope you will like them.

Mike R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very good for our needs - not too expensive but good functionality - Simple to use

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Very helpful and honest people. Good at customer service

Pros

Easily implemented, users liked it. Covers time recording and all of our projects are for clients so billing is also v important.

Cons

We are a multi-national and it did not support multiple number formats on one system, therefor we had to have a separate instance for Europe vs ROW. I believe this on the roadmap

Response from TimeLog

Hi Mike. Thank you so much for your review. It is so lovely to hear that our users find TimeLog easy to implement and use.

Lotte boye J.

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

TimeLog is very easy to use. It gives us a great overview of our business. We can take out different reports and review our business.

Pros

The overview that the software gives.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Lotte,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad TimeLog provides you with the essential overview needed in a software company like Improvento.