TimeLog

Best-of-breed PSA suite for SME and enterprise companies

Deborah O.

Top Tool for Consulting Company

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

We have Timelog in use since 2008, we are a consulting company that track all project and invoices in Timelog. We are still very satisfied customers. The tool could even handle our yearly 20% growth over the last 9 years (now more then 160 people and many many projects). There was also some steady implementation of new useful features over the last years. The support is also very good. I have seen (and needed to use in parallel) over the last years other tracking tools installed at our customers sites...after this experiences I was always glad we have Timelog in use internally!

Pros

Easy to use and flexible. Good UI.

Cons

Some ways to select multiple items based on a filter could be improved. But manly all is very fine.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Birgit,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad to hear that TimeLog has helped you scale you company, and that you are pleased with out support team. It is great to hear that after almost 10 years with us you are still going strong.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Usefull and simple software for timeregistration

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

Pros

Really great system to log time. You can define the type of project or work, so you get the right structure.
The system is very flexible, so you can use only the functions that are best for you.
The developers create new functions ongoing so you feel that the software develops.

Cons

There are none - or almost none - notification possibilities in the system. I need for example monthly measurements of some certain numbers with a notification of >whatever<.
The report module is inflexible and old fashioned.

Response from TimeLog

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you like our system. I will forward your point about notifications to our Head of Product Management. Regarding the report module, I can tell you that we are working on a new module and we hope that we can present it to you in the nearest future :) Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

Per F.
  • Industry: Information Services

TimeLog is a great product for project management and time tracking.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easy time-tracking, great project management, perfect integration to e-conomic for invoicing.

Pros

If you put a little time into structuring your projects into sub-tasks, time tracking is no longer a pain, but just a natural part of your day-to-day job as a consultant.

Before I start a project, I make sure that the sub-tasks are easy to understand and have logical names. Then it's very easy to track time in the TimeLog Tracker on my PC or smartphone.

Our invoices are sent via e-conomic and the integration to TimeLog works great!

Cons

TimeLog Manager is a complex product and sometimes the user interface is a bit too complex. But the help system and guides give you good advice on how to move on.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Per,

We're grateful and excited to read your great review. I would also like to extend a humble thanks from our support team!

The balance between our customers' complex needs and a friendly user interface is a focus point we're working hard on getting just right. I can tell you things are happening within the company that should result in an even better user experience in 2019.

Paul V.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Fit for purpose

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Timelog makes our project registration and management efficient. We always have up to date project information and we have never had a functional wish that Timelog was unable to fullfil

Pros

Flexibility, we can configure it ourselves

Cons

Userinterface is becoming a bit outdated

Response from TimeLog

Dear Poul,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I am glad that TimeLog is providing Zhimble with an efficient system that allows you to keep your project data up to date.

Liselott R.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

From Good to Great

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Overall I'm very satisfied with TimeLog but the problem to export information to excel and sometimes also print reports gives you only four stars above instead of five. Export reports to Excel will do TimeLog to a five stars software.

Pros

Easy to learn

Cons

Export reports to excel doesn't work

Response from TimeLog

Hi LiseLott,

Thank you so much for the fine review and we are pleased that you happy with TimeLog Project.

I can understand that the Excel reports does not work for you. And it defiantly should, that is an essential part of the reporting. I will let our support team know that you are struggling with the reports and they will contact you shortly.

Regards
Maya

Christian V.

Favorite time and project management solution!

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

As a consulting company we live from the hours we spend at our customers and reliability on the invoicing. Timelog makes our project registration and management efficient. We always have up to date project information and the ease of use for our consultants is an important part.

Pros

As a fast growing consulting company we really need an easy and reliable time and project management solution. Timelog fulfills this completely in the past three years.

The resource manager helps us to give realtime insight in available resources or which people have too much pressure on their planning. For the consultants it's also an easy tool to see which new projects are on their planning in the near future.

Invoicing was one of the biggest advantages why we have chosen for Timelog. After two days of wrestling with Excel sheets at the end of the month we came across Timelog. With the Exact Online connection it takes us now 1 hour per month.

Last but not least I want to mention the great people behind Timelog! Very experienced, always helpful and they solve your problems almost always the same day. They also list very carefully to our feedback and that often results in new features!

Cons

New mobile app, improved resource planner more BI reporting. But I know they are working very hard on these points!

Response from TimeLog

Dear Christian,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I would also like to extend a humble thanks from our support team!

I hope you have got the chance to test our new mobile app - TimeLog Mobile. We're very excited to get your feedback on the way it works and suggestions to better suit your needs.

As you mention - improved resource planning and BI reporting is very much top of mind for us and are in the roadmap for 2019. We're looking forward getting you guys on board for this.

Kim L.

OK for handling hours

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

started in a completely wrong way, thought it could a lot more from the beginning - but a lot more complex. And it still miss the view and inpact on the economy for the future. They do the best to get us going, and we think we are on the way (been that for 9 month now) The daily support are superb.

Pros

Easy to register hours, with a desktop solution and mobile.

Cons

Know they are working on it, but right now is the system not good enough to handle estimate revenue in the future, compared to budgets.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your honest review.
I'm glad you believe we're moving in the right direction.
I know I speak for everybody in the team when I say, we wish we had gotten you off to a better start and that we have managed to meet your expectations better. Your reasons for this review is very understandable, and you should know your feedback is helping us pushing development in the right direction.

That being said, we look forward to getting to a place where you will be satisfied with the system.

Trine G.

I have worked in multiple system so far, and will definitely recommend TimeLog as my all time...

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

TimeLog is super easy to use and give a superb overview of both financial figures and resources available. Through TimeLog's many reporting options, it is easy to do the reporting needed by the management team.

With our usage of TimeLog we are following the development of our resources closely. Their resource planer gives a perfect overview of available resources and when a resource is fully booked. From an employees point of view it is also easy to see which tasks are planned for the future.

The invoicing is done flawlessly, and if you keep the system updated with the correct data along the way, it takes me a quarter of the time compared to colleagues using other systems.

I would like to highlight TimeLog's support team they are always sweet, patient and extremely helpful, and they truly understand how to create an amazing customer experience!

Cons

Even though we are pleased with the resource planner, it is also one of the features that could use a brush-up. It is a bit difficult to move the allocated hours between days, if you are doing a detailed planning. I know they are working on improving this, which I am looking forward to.

I also miss an extension to the pipeline management.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Trine,

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to us here at TimeLog! I would also like to extend a great and humble thanks from our support team!

Agne V.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Good value for money

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to learn, how to use it, plus the process from time tracking to the invoicing is very user friendly.

Cons

The reporting part could be more flexible.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Agne,

Thank you very much for your review. Here at TimeLog, it means a lot to us, when our customers take time to review our solution and provide us with constructive feedback so we can improve.

We would also like our reporting to be more flexible and user-friendly. This is why we this fall will release an entirely new reporting module with a much better overview of your most significant key figures.

Julius from TimeLog

Liselotte dall N.

A good Log and projekt maneger

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I have uset TimeLog in 10 year. My organisations has great value in the system. Especially project controlling

Pros

Helps me to overlook my projects and time

Cons

Reports that is not yet made, and i have to wait for timeLog to make them

Response from TimeLog

Dear Liselotte.

Thank you so much for your review.
It really means a lot to our developers, supporters and consultant. I just shared your review and they are excited reading your feedback.

Right now we are working on design changes and new features for TimeLog Mobile that should make navigating and using TimeLog even easier.
- We look forward to presenting all the new features soon and hope you like them.

Best regards

Grith H.

Solid project administration

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

We have a strong software to administrate our ongoing projects and tasks.

Pros

It is a solid system. And their support function is of high standard. Thet are very open to customers input.

Cons

The control of userrights are difficult.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Grith, thanks a lot for your review - it means a lot to us. We are very happy that you feel that we are open to your inputs as we work very hard on involving our customers as much as possible in the development process. I will forward your point about the control of userrights to our Head of Product Management :) Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

Daniel V.

Easy to use and manage time consumption

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

Pros

Only one click away in the browser. I often used it on the go.

Cons

We had some feature request. They could have moved a bit faster on it.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for your review - it means a lot to all the TimeLoggers.

Regarding your input to feature requests, I completely agree that we could have done better before. But we recently implemented a new tool that helps us manage our customers' feedback in a more structured way. Hopefully the tool will make it easier for us to get an overview of what is requested by our customers and what our Product Management Team should focus on in the roadmap.

I hope you will experience an improvement very soon.

Best regards, Samine from TimeLog :)

Mille A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Not user or administrator friendly system

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

All in all there is basically nothing I like about this system. I would have expected so much based on this is TimeLog's primary product.

Pros

#N/A. I have no comments about anything i like about TimeLog.

Cons

Upgrade was not smoothly, not easy to get data. In general system is very manuel - you can't even export to excel (weekly timesheet status). You cannot generate automatic messages for approvers to approve. Limited and bad functions for sending automatic reminders to users. Difficult to get employee information, very manually. Suddenly TimeLog does not work in internet explorer with no notice, poor reply. Updating vacation - again all manually. You can't register zero hours via mobile. Yellow bans pops up when not registring full week. Difficult to get overview - have to go back/forth in weeks.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Mille

Thank you for your feedback and the good meeting we had afterwards.

As we talked about, our coming releases will provide some of the things you are missing.

I hope to see you in our TimeLog experience groups, as it is great to have our active users part of these. In the groups, we discuss future improvements and how to utilize the system even better in your daily work, so we can help improve some of your internal processes.

I am looking forward to getting your feedback after the next releases!

Sascha from TimeLog

Ebbe S.

Good and effective control of time

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

The Timelog system supplies a wide varity of usage possibilites, which goes all the way from registration of time, to control, reporting and optimization. I highly recommend it to any that sells billable hours and wish do so efficiently.

Cons

Few cons with the pros taken into account. Every system has errors, but Timelog has a very customer oriented support staff, that do all they can to help as quickly as possible.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Ebbe,

Louise s. H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Keep track of time records

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

We have used Timelog at IIH Nordic for several years and the system works well to keep track of time registrations, finances & projects.

New features are constantly being added and the timelog team is also very responsive to users' wishes and needs in relation to future releases.

The custumer success teams is always very helpful and responds quickly to inquiries.

Cons

There are many reports in the system - however not all of them easy to navigate.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Louise. Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you like TimeLog. Great things will happen in the whole reporting area in the future and we look very much forward to showing you all of it. Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

David E.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Time tracking the least painful way

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

As a freelance consultant, I need to keep track on my hours.

Pros

The web interface is good and the new desktop time tracking application is very useful.

Cons

It often takes a long time to sign in to the web interface.

Response from TimeLog

Hi David,

Thank you for your nice review :) We do take note of your input.
We're delighted you find our desktop tracker useful as it is something we have been working hard to improve upon.

Marianne maack A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

TimeLog is great

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Everyone is now tracking time in the system, and their registrations are reviewed when the projects are invoiced. We have a perfect status system for our projects, while we now can follow the projects "health", looking at time spend and compare it to time planned. Furthermore we have all informations regarding employees holiday, sickdays and other absence gathered in one system, and can easily export the data to another system (or use it directly)

Pros

You have a great overview both on your projects, on your timetracking and on your invoicing. The intergrations we use, works to our satisfaction and we are preparing to use the system even more, because of it's great opportunities

Cons

Resource planning is a tough nut to crack

Response from TimeLog

Dear Marianne,

Improved resource planning is in the development roadmap and we look much forward to present an improved resource management feature.

Theo T.

Use Timelog for project administration

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Works very well. Does not need much explanation or training. The information flow is logical. If the project is defined well, the effort for administrative processing is minimal.

Pros

1) All finance related data in one place.
2) As a Project Manager, I am able to create draft invoices that I ask the customer to approve before I send the final invoice via our corporate billing process. Mistakes may be identifiedin the draft invoice. This helps both the customer and us to avoid cost for correction of wrong (final) invoices.
3) Data is accurate and reflects the project As-Is.
4) Project import from MS Project. We prepare our projects in MS Project for project offers and planning.

Cons

I use data from reports for reporting to customers. I have to customize the data cosmetically in Excel prior to sending / presenting these to the customer.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Theo.
Thank you for your nice review. It means a lot to us and we take notice of your review suggestions.

A thorough upgrade to the reporting engine and the user interface is in our roadmap. This should save you the time you now spend modifying reports for Excel and give you a much better experience using TimeLog reporting.

Have a wonderful day :)

Gracia S.

Satisfied user

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall I am a very satisfied user.

Pros

Once you discover how easy it is to work with Timelog. You'll be able to manage all projects in the right direction.

Cons

In the case of holiday and/or leave registration, an email may be sent to the manager with a monthly report from the relevant department. In order to better monitor the occupancy rate. That would make it more complete.

Also the update button for the currency is not always up to date. You must delete the concept invoice , then refresh the currency in the project itself , only then you can make a final invoice with the current currency.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Gracia,

Thank you for your helpful input on how we can improve TimeLog, make it easier to get notifications on holiday/leave and update the invoicing workflow to make it smoother.

On behalf of the whole team, I can tell you that we're very excited you like the system and took your time to share your experience.

Best regards

Allan L.

TimeLog Projects is easy to use and gives me daily insights into hours on "my" customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Timelog is easy to use and gives me insights into hours spend on "my" projects and customers.
Our invoicing is also done through Timelog's interface and the integration with other tools works really good. Our experience is that if the project is set up correctly the process from registration to invoice and payment is handled smoothly with integration to Economics.

Cons

As a Consulting Company we had a need for further analytics and reporting and we established Accobat BI for Timelog. A standard report package for timelog users. It fits perfect together with TimeLogs open platform.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Allan,

Extending our capabilities for BI reporting is a priority for us and we're excited to be working with you guys at Accobat. Great BI!

Mike R.

Very good for our needs - not too expensive but good functionality - Simple to use

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Very helpful and honest people. Good at customer service

Pros

Easily implemented, users liked it. Covers time recording and all of our projects are for clients so billing is also v important.

Cons

We are a multi-national and it did not support multiple number formats on one system, therefor we had to have a separate instance for Europe vs ROW. I believe this on the roadmap

Response from TimeLog

Hi Mike. Thank you so much for your review. It is so lovely to hear that our users find TimeLog easy to implement and use.
Best regards, Melanie from TimeLog

Jamie A.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

good

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

i gave it a free try and liked it easy to use

Cons

it did not have all the features i needed

Response from TimeLog

Dear Jamie.

Thanks a bunch for leaving a nice review after testing our solution.

It's actually extremely exciting to get feedback from those of you that don't end up as customers.

If you have any input on the features you would like to see in our software we'd love to listen as we alway try to improve our package :)
- You are very welcome to write us at, [email protected] if you feel like sharing your thoughts.

Again - thank you so much for your review.

Jonas H.

Timelog just works

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Pros

App, easy registration of working hours and allocation of time.

Cons

We miss a report where management approval appears pr. project pr. employee pr. month

Response from TimeLog

Hi Jonas! Thanks a lot for your review. We are very happy to read that you find our system easy to use as we are constantly working on improving the user-friendliness of TimeLog.

Regarding the report, we will work on a new reporting module next year and for now, I have added your suggestion to our list of customer feature requests.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have more suggestions to the system :)

Best regards, Samine from TimeLog

Katelyn R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great software for managing project times and progress

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Pros

It is very easy to use and allows great managing of multiple projects.

Cons

It lacks capability with other business software that would go well with it.

Response from TimeLog

Dear Katelyn,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about our product. This means a lot to us.

We aim to make a user-friendly resource management/time registration software, and the whole team is thrilled that you think we are on the right path.

Julius from TimeLog

Michelle A.

TimeLog know what we need

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Great experience.

Pros

I am truly pleased with the functionality of the program. Virtually all of our often very specific needs can be handled in the program. Ability to personalize several aspects (set-up, searches, etc) makes it even more user friendly. Support team is ALWAYS kind and ready to help and this happens quickly. We have implemented new functions over time with great assistance.

Cons

I look forward to future versions with better reporting. I also find the price expensive for users who only use TimeLog to register their time but as such don't set up projects or work with invoicing or reporting.

Response from TimeLog

Hi Michelle. Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review. It means the world to us!

We also look forward to better reporting. This is already a focus of our Product Team and we can't wait to show it all to you.

If you have any feedback to how we can improve TimeLog you are always welcome to write to me at [email protected] and I will forward your request to our Product Team.

Best regards, Samine from TimeLog