SuperSalon

Andy R.
Industry: Human Resources

Vendition Process With a new neophyte franchisee

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Outstanding - it is clear to me that the SuperSalon Team is hear to kick some butt,

Pros

The vendition was well planned out - from inception to completion - Beginning with representatives planning the transaction to completion. The transitioning SuperSalon has been nothing short of incredible - every machine has come up on time - Outstanding Job

Cons

Connecting The Brother Printer has been difficulyn

Phillip P.

Functional and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

It has been really good. It is up nearly all the time, very little down time and is simple and easy to teach and use.

Pros

The Supersalon software is very easy to learn and use. It is functional and provides everything needed for day to day operations in a hair salon. The service received is very good as well and available 24/7.

Cons

The only real con on this is the reporting feature. It is somewhat limited and does not have a dynamic reporting tool

Gordon H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Deteriorating quality, disregard for customer complaints

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

We use SuperSalon as our POS in our seven salon locations. When we first purchased the service, we got quick response from customer support and bugs were fixed in a timely manner. Since the Propoint purchase, however, customer support has become harder and harder to reach. We frequently wait for 4 or 5 hours to get a call back. And bugs and glitches go unfixed for months. I have a service request that I have now been waiting nine months for a response. Nothing has happened. And the uploads to their back office function (iOffice) often stops for no apparent reason. It is unfortunate. SuperSalon used to be a quality product.

Pros

Inventory management. Unfortunately that is the only function that is currently working well.

Cons

Customer service is almost impossible to reach
Bugs in software go unfixed for months or even years
Constant product "upgrades" bring new bugs time after time

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Debbie R.

Overall Feed back

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Its' okay....My reports that I need are there usually, it's a seamless fix if there is a problem....

My frustration is with the help desk. There are some AMAZING guys [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] just a couple. I know I am missing some, it makes a difference when you speak to someone who is well versed in the system!

Pros

I like the ease of use at the retail area. Overall it's simple and we don't seem to have issues with much.

Cons

I don't have an issue with the software. All 9 of our locations have it and it is easy to manage on a daily basis.

Actually, when we have issues with something ie freezing/slowing down etc we call the help desk. Depending on who we get the situation seems to always be the same. Someone, tells us we are using the wrong google version. The person will fix it a few days later we have the same issue then call again. Another person tells us the same thing and then "changes" our version again. This has gotten better still frustrating when that is the answer we get....

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rashmita J.
Industry: Cosmetics

Support tech made sure all my issues were resolved..

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Its been a great experience except it gives problem more often nowadays

Pros

Efficiency and its functionality and the features that it allows I office access

Cons

Keeps having problems most of the times during work hours

Cassandra F.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

overall feedback

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

very friendly! super helpful! and fixed the issue.

Pros

easy to use, easy to teach others how to use. very straight forward.

Cons

sometimes it doesn't work as fast as i feel like it should, also disconnects randomly which inconveniences the customers.

Erica W.

Very happy

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

The tech team is always extremely helpful and explains what I need to do in terms I understand.

Pros

It is very user friendly and when I need tech support they are always here to help.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.....

Nikki M.
Industry: Cosmetics

Best customer service

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Amazing

Pros

Easy to use, customer service is always above and beyond. Thank you super salon

Cons

None I love the user friendly software.

Chrystal I.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

All around good experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

Pros

easy to use, easy to train new stylist with it

Cons

I dont have any cons we usually dont have a issue with Supersalon

Kathy W.

Customer Service 9/21/20

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

My previous experiences with Super Salon support have been lacking to say the least. Today I was #1 in the que the three times I've called in and two of the three calls had excellent results. The last call was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who spent time figuring out what exactly was wrong with my set up and gave me excellent customer service. Everything is now working as it should and I am a very happy customer.

Pros

I like that it integrates the tickets, receipt and credit card reader .

Cons

When it goes down, I am down for hours and hours.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Gerrry W.

Payroll/Admin

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

Rafael very helpful in fixing the problem we had with the computer. He walk me through so I had an understanding of what I need to do to assist him. He took my call at the salon when I brought out the computer so he could connected it to high speed for me. I give Rafaeal a 10+++ for his help in fixing the problem and his excellent customer service!!!!! As for your receptionist they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Rude when you ask a question either they ignore you or will not give you an answer. I would have to say hello because the phone line sounded dead and they would come back sarcastic to you "I'm still here" Here are 2 responses I got in one day from your receptionist: I ask how many people are in front of me so I have an idea how long it would be refused to tell me. Here is the other one both in the same day: I was told I was 9th on the list called back about 1.5hrs later to see where I was in the Q was now told I was 15 I was bumped down because they decided that my call wasn't important. I had a virus had to get another computer needed to get it up and running and needed to get the information from the salon inputted onto the computer so the staff can get paid and know our sales. When Matt owned the company never had this problem in the pass only since it has been sold. I told your receptionist that they have very poor customer service skills. They are your front line to your business they are there to help the customer not make them upset or angry.

Pros

I can get the info off of it I need to payroll. Track my sales and inventory and it is user friendly.

Cons

nothing

Galilee H.

BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

WORKING WIHT OUR REP HAS MADE OUR LIVES EASY AND STRESS FREE!!!! HE IS SUCH AN ASSET TO SUPERSALON. in the 10 years we have had supersalon he is by far the most knowledgeable tech we have ever worked with and what a blessing that HES THE ONE WE GOT THE DAY OF TRANSITION, RESTORING AND REBOOTING!!! AMAZING:)

Pros

WE WILL ALWAYS REQUEST OUR REP!!!! WOW our computers and software are original from 2009.... they crashed and our rep was our superstar!!! He assisted us in in crazy delicate process and got us back up and running:)!! We have always had wonderful experience with super salon software and are super excited to be using the software and not the 2009 version:)

Cons

perhaps its how we use the software but we would like for the check out process to separate the tickets.... in other words if a client is booked for hair services and spa services whoever takes the client first all the services ring up under that employee..... so we have to remove the spa service entirely, check out the client under the hair stylist, then add the client back to the appt book and check her out again...… also Is there a tab that tells you what each stylist sells for product? in the old version we would have to go thru every transaction and write down each individuals product sales for the month

Michael M.

We have been using the software for a year and we are very busy salon.

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

Pros

Excellent reporting - Everyday day it seems like we find a new report we like. If your coming from another software I think your going to like SuperSalon reporting. You can run a report on just about anything you like.

Easy to use for Stylist and Barbers - We love that a lot stylist or barbers already know the system so little training is needed. Even when they don't know the system we have them up and running in no time. This saves a lot money in training.

Customer Service- is outstanding coming from Salon Iris where they never answered the phone. SuperSalon has always got back to us right way. Kory Lamme our favorite tech has always followed up with us and let us know what our status been on our tickets. It's nice knowing that your ticking is being worked on and getting status updates gives us a piece of mind. Added bonus a lot of new hires will already know your system so little training is needed.

We needed a Software that could handle both walk-ins and appointments at high volume and SuperSalon meets those needs. Our customers love the Salon Check-in and the Online-Checkin I am so glad Jennifer Teague talked me into getting Salon Check-in when we first started it was the best investment ever. I also like that Jennifer still keeps in touch with us.

Cons- The system does has some software bugs and the customers services has always been outstanding but instead of adding new features it would be nice if they would correct the bugs they have. Example of bug we have anyone can open a cash drawer with out entering password. (makes it easy for theft) We have been trying to get the permissions fixed for over year now. Our problem may be isolated problem but I want you to know major repairs move slow. Our problem is not a system wide issue but I wanted to show example so you understand things can move slow.

After using the software for over a year overall we are happy with it. We are about to open up more stores we have looked at other software companies but their is nothing that even comes close to compare with it and we feel confident that SuperSalon will be able to handle our growth.. Also I know SuperSalon will get our bugs fixed. My wife is a senior web developer so we understand the process it just takes time. And when you have great customer service from Kory Lamme and Jennifer Teague our sales associate that goes long way and so we can handle the growing pains to a point. They need more Senior Developers

Craig N.
Industry: Retail

Working with SuperSalon to resolve BrightSign network issues.

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

I worked with Arik Trejos to resolve issues we had with the BrightSign unit at Supercuts. The interesting part was this never worked from the time the store opened about six weeks ago. As such, things has changed in the environment and when I was brought in, they were looking for someone to figure out what was happening. I ended up figuring out that someone programmed the Brightsign unit on a different IP subnet than they did for everything else on the network. Through working with Arik Trejos, he had to try multiple adjustments to the configuration, including doing a factory default. The USB thumb drive had to be unplugged from the BrightSign and into the POS computer about eight different times in order to finally get this working. Arik did a really nice job, was very helpful and went out of his way to resolve our problem. We wouldn't have been able to get this working without him.

Pros

Once the BrightSign is setup correctly and linked to the POS system, it just worked. I tested the application on my iPhone and verified the screen updates the waiting list as it should. In addition, the news feed scrolls along the bottom.

Cons

The staff who came and did the in-store implementation most likely screwed up the install by programming the IP address incorrectly. I realize they needed the store to be linked up to the online application that facilitates online check-ins. Still though, I would think when Supersalon installed the POS system they would have a process to test the functionality of manually queuing up a few customers and seeing if they showed up on the waiting list screen, powered by BrightSign. Due to them not doing this, we had to spend hours on the phone with support, multiple times, before this was resolved. The fact that it never worked to begin with is troubling and hopefully this will raise awareness to the person responsible for the in-store installs so they can do a better job in the future.

Anna D.

Easy to use so far!

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Customer database that syncs between all locations; gift certificate records synced between all locations; ease of use; multiple report functionalities; customizable to fit our needs.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up, needed a little assistance from the installation team ~ Rep got everything set up from Check-in Software to credit terminal set up in one go and was very accommodating with scheduling us for our second location. Rep was very insightful with on-boarding; she answered a lot of questions for us & provided us with the confidence we needed to switch to SuperSalon. Our Software Trainer has also been very accommodating and patient with us in training since we only have one Manager that oversees all of the locations. Overall, each member has been an incredible asset in switching us over.

Cons

After on-boarding, there were not clear, definitive instructions or guidance to what we needed to do next. We had to reschedule with rep 3 times because we didn't know we were supposed to be in contact with someone from installation. I've brought up to all 3 staff members that assisted us that we're still missing a package and no one has gotten back to me about it (still missing it 1 month later). I don't like that they will charge you for each location of training when the staff in both location is the same, but rep did explain to us why. We haven't started using the system yet; we're waiting to import our gift certificate records to the system, which I just sent over a file and winged it since no one has told me how they wanted it formatted. There is an overall lost of communication that I hope will improve for future clients.

Ginger C.

Hidden treasure

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Diana miller has been an amazing assistance to our franchise. I am computer challenged and get easily frustrated trying to use the super salon system. She spent so much time today breaking it down piece by piece. Helping me learn different parts of the back office I had no idea how to use. Her knowledge of salons helped tremendously in showing me what to look for. How to cross reference things and how to find what I was looking for. I only wish I had known about her 5 years ago when we first got the systems in our salons. We have only been using the most basic things with the system but with the information she gave me today I can effectively keep up with my inventory starting 2017 off right. I can't wait for our next over the phone tutoring session! I have so much to learn!! I feel like I struck gold! Thank you so much for helping us!

Pros

The ability to cross check everything that goes on, along with having live feed access

Cons

Needs a better user guide. Stylists are very visual people. We need a step by step program to show us exactly what we are looking for.

Jon P.

Simplistic but effective for the most part. Notification of "local" downtime not apparent to user

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

Simple to use, abundant reports, integration into the sales reporting. Propoint is a very robust tool, but for a business that uses the scheduling aspect, it is not always user-friendly as there is no indication of when it is down for the customer. Very easy to navigate, screens are legible, easy to enter data.

Cons

Restricted on types of payment partners, "old technology" versus available today on POS systems. having Pro Point & iOffcie remote not syncing in a timely manner is a real pain. iOffice is a very helpful tool, but the lag is ridiculous and does not help me manage the store. Additionally, the restrictions on doing items remotely is not a win either. It is a decent piece of software but major updates/additions need to be added (i.e. SMS messaging, automatic verification, remote accessibility (like tech services), etc.

Jay C.

SuperSalon software is very user friendly for the stylist, some manager, some issues with reporting

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

Pros

Very user friendly for the stylist on checking customers in and out. Salon CheckIn is good for online bookings, good addition. IOffice is nice to be able to use offline from POS system.

Cons

Customer support has improved but at times, is not very responsive. A couple of times support has taken a long time to respond or did not respond at all. Support needs to make sure they respond on issues they solved, even if by email. Not total autonomy between iOffice and the POS. Many tasks cannot be done through iOffice and the POS. The 30 min. synchronization is too long, should be 15 min. so can see results quicker. Better communication on: outages, issues, new developments. Scheduler is not very friendly and versatile. Be able to reschedule appointments in appointment mode by drag and drop. Stylist would like to see tip total for pay period.

David A.

Powerful Software for Salons & Barbershops

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

So far, we're very satisfied with SuperSalon and support has been incredible. I normally just shoot them an email if I have an issue and the ALWAYS resolve it quickly.

Pros

I love the power and flexibility of this software as it gives me EVERYTHING I need to run and manage my business. With iOffice, I can see what any of my stores are doing at a moments notice and the software gives me the tools I need to improve customer service, and reduce loss. We've used SuperSalon for over a decade and I can't imagine running my shops without it.

Cons

The software can, at times, be non-intuitive and it can take some digging to figure things out. The interface looks a bit dated as well. That said, I can't recall a time where I needed the software to do something it wouldn't and a quick message to support usually helps me find what I need quickly.

Bobbie H.

Brite Sign

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

we have a wonderful Bright Sign thanks to Customer support,It benefits our business by having a clean professional look with our pricing boards and our advertising . .Thanks again Support team

Pros

I am the general manager for supercuts,In Gainesville and Cummings Georgia . ..I called to set up the bright sign for the shop in Gainesville over a year ago.The technical support from Support team,was outstanding . .I called for assistance again this evening for an update and a new usb,install , I asked for Support team...Again with no surprise , the Support team was amazing and now we here at supercuts,are ready with a new look and prepared to give our guests a wonderful experience . .Thanks again to Support team..

Cons

No problems It has an updated look and we love the bright sign

Steve C.
Industry: Retail

We have used Supersalon software to coordinate our salons for the last 14 years and love it.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

It is absolutely essential to the running of our salons. We use it to check people in and out, it tracks our cash and credit card transactions and inventory as well. It's a very robust system with many features (way more than we use). The data it provides on individual stylists is very useful for coaching purposes. I appreciate tracking salon performance, nearly real-time, on the web.

Pros

The software provides so much information, more than we can realistically use in running our salons. I really appreciate that it allows us to break down production by stylist so we can understand how that individual is doing. This way we know areas of strength and weakness. It helps greatly from a coaching standpoint. I also love being able to see how the salons are doing in almost real time, from anywhere by accessing the ioffice on the web.

Jayson T.

Setup and Overall help

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

We have been having the usual business POS issues with our current locations (slow-downs, system freezing, errors, etc)... Until we upgrade our CPU RAM/Memory, I think we will continue to these issues. Overall, it has been great! System is super-easy for any staff member to learn and for customers to use.

Pros

Rep was very attentive and clearly knew what and how to execute. He handled my concerns with detail and care while solving the issues in the most efficient and satisfying ways.

Cons

Only that this rep wasn't the first rep I spoke with... I wish this rep was always the Super Salon tech that is assigned to our issues because once we tell him the problem it gets fixed on the same call. They all do well.

Robert G.

New computer tech support

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Overall it has been good. The issues arise when urgent tech-support is needed and sometimes the company seems to be understaffed.

That said I’ve just had tech-support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help set up two new computers and install SuperSalon. He was extremely helpful and accommodated and thorough. He double checked everything was working properly including receipt paper, credit card transaction, and register drawer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an asset to your company

Pros

Variety of reports and all the saved historical data

Cons

Sometimes seems to be a bit complicated and not user-friendly

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Wagih A.

install super salon

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

good experience call 2 time everyone was helpful

Pros

easy access from any where, payroll report and dashboard report

Cons

different report was handy.access from any where

Natalie S.

Always Great

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

I've worked in quite a few salons over the years, and my favorite program to use is Super Salon. I also train all new stylists, and it is very quick for all to pick up. Most have used it in other salons. Also Ian did a wonderful job helping me. He not only helped with my problem, but also showed how to do it myself for next time. I appreciate that. Thank you.

Pros

Easy to understand. Also very popular. I've used this software in multiple salons

Cons

It needs to connect to the internet, and sometimes our internet is slow. Not the software issue. Just my only frustration.