SuperSalon

Patrick P.

Supersalon support

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Excellent

Pros

This software covers all of the items necessary to run my hair salon. Keeps track of all demographics of our customers. Tracks services purchased by customers. It's used for customer transactions. Keeps employee timecards and performance data of all employees.
Technical service is excellent . Technician did an excellent job in solving my software setup questions. he was very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.

Cons

Maybe it can be updated on the graphic interface to modernize it.

Samantha K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

SuperSalon - Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Excellent!

Pros

The customer service support. Super salon overall works extremely well. We are entering a new phase of online booking which can come with some difficulty. He was able to answer all of my questions today and provide us with some great information. Most definitely appreciated!

Cons

Some features were unavailable that we were looking for within the system.

Cindy N.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a great job

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Better priced than our alternative choice at this time.

Pros

The live chat seems to be the best way to reach for help when needed.

Cons

Sometimes fixes come at busy times in the business. It is hard to manage both at the same time

Jye F.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Department

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has the best customer.

Pros

Easy to use and install. Great customer service.

Cons

The app doesn't always transfer to the digital sign.

Diane F.

Super Salon Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Good analysis tool

Pros

It is intuitive to use.
Easy to learn...

Cons

Ability to customize some individual employee reports

Gerrry W.

Payroll/Admin

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

Rafael very helpful in fixing the problem we had with the computer. He walk me through so I had an understanding of what I need to do to assist him. He took my call at the salon when I brought out the computer so he could connected it to high speed for me. I give Rafaeal a 10+++ for his help in fixing the problem and his excellent customer service!!!!! As for your receptionist they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Rude when you ask a question either they ignore you or will not give you an answer. I would have to say hello because the phone line sounded dead and they would come back sarcastic to you "I'm still here" Here are 2 responses I got in one day from your receptionist: I ask how many people are in front of me so I have an idea how long it would be refused to tell me. Here is the other one both in the same day: I was told I was 9th on the list called back about 1.5hrs later to see where I was in the Q was now told I was 15 I was bumped down because they decided that my call wasn't important. I had a virus had to get another computer needed to get it up and running and needed to get the information from the salon inputted onto the computer so the staff can get paid and know our sales. When Matt owned the company never had this problem in the pass only since it has been sold. I told your receptionist that they have very poor customer service skills. They are your front line to your business they are there to help the customer not make them upset or angry.

Pros

I can get the info off of it I need to payroll. Track my sales and inventory and it is user friendly.

Cons

nothing

Michael M.

We have been using the software for a year and we are very busy salon.

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

Pros

Excellent reporting - Everyday day it seems like we find a new report we like. If your coming from another software I think your going to like SuperSalon reporting. You can run a report on just about anything you like.

Easy to use for Stylist and Barbers - We love that a lot stylist or barbers already know the system so little training is needed. Even when they don't know the system we have them up and running in no time. This saves a lot money in training.

Customer Service- is outstanding coming from Salon Iris where they never answered the phone. SuperSalon has always got back to us right way. Kory Lamme our favorite tech has always followed up with us and let us know what our status been on our tickets. It's nice knowing that your ticking is being worked on and getting status updates gives us a piece of mind. Added bonus a lot of new hires will already know your system so little training is needed.

We needed a Software that could handle both walk-ins and appointments at high volume and SuperSalon meets those needs. Our customers love the Salon Check-in and the Online-Checkin I am so glad Jennifer Teague talked me into getting Salon Check-in when we first started it was the best investment ever. I also like that Jennifer still keeps in touch with us.

Cons- The system does has some software bugs and the customers services has always been outstanding but instead of adding new features it would be nice if they would correct the bugs they have. Example of bug we have anyone can open a cash drawer with out entering password. (makes it easy for theft) We have been trying to get the permissions fixed for over year now. Our problem may be isolated problem but I want you to know major repairs move slow. Our problem is not a system wide issue but I wanted to show example so you understand things can move slow.

After using the software for over a year overall we are happy with it. We are about to open up more stores we have looked at other software companies but their is nothing that even comes close to compare with it and we feel confident that SuperSalon will be able to handle our growth.. Also I know SuperSalon will get our bugs fixed. My wife is a senior web developer so we understand the process it just takes time. And when you have great customer service from Kory Lamme and Jennifer Teague our sales associate that goes long way and so we can handle the growing pains to a point. They need more Senior Developers

Debbie R.

Overall Feed back

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Its' okay....My reports that I need are there usually, it's a seamless fix if there is a problem....

My frustration is with the help desk. There are some AMAZING guys [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] just a couple. I know I am missing some, it makes a difference when you speak to someone who is well versed in the system!

Pros

I like the ease of use at the retail area. Overall it's simple and we don't seem to have issues with much.

Cons

I don't have an issue with the software. All 9 of our locations have it and it is easy to manage on a daily basis.

Actually, when we have issues with something ie freezing/slowing down etc we call the help desk. Depending on who we get the situation seems to always be the same. Someone, tells us we are using the wrong google version. The person will fix it a few days later we have the same issue then call again. Another person tells us the same thing and then "changes" our version again. This has gotten better still frustrating when that is the answer we get....

Ginger C.

Hidden treasure

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Diana miller has been an amazing assistance to our franchise. I am computer challenged and get easily frustrated trying to use the super salon system. She spent so much time today breaking it down piece by piece. Helping me learn different parts of the back office I had no idea how to use. Her knowledge of salons helped tremendously in showing me what to look for. How to cross reference things and how to find what I was looking for. I only wish I had known about her 5 years ago when we first got the systems in our salons. We have only been using the most basic things with the system but with the information she gave me today I can effectively keep up with my inventory starting 2017 off right. I can't wait for our next over the phone tutoring session! I have so much to learn!! I feel like I struck gold! Thank you so much for helping us!

Pros

The ability to cross check everything that goes on, along with having live feed access

Cons

Needs a better user guide. Stylists are very visual people. We need a step by step program to show us exactly what we are looking for.

David A.

Powerful Software for Salons & Barbershops

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

So far, we're very satisfied with SuperSalon and support has been incredible. I normally just shoot them an email if I have an issue and the ALWAYS resolve it quickly.

Pros

I love the power and flexibility of this software as it gives me EVERYTHING I need to run and manage my business. With iOffice, I can see what any of my stores are doing at a moments notice and the software gives me the tools I need to improve customer service, and reduce loss. We've used SuperSalon for over a decade and I can't imagine running my shops without it.

Cons

The software can, at times, be non-intuitive and it can take some digging to figure things out. The interface looks a bit dated as well. That said, I can't recall a time where I needed the software to do something it wouldn't and a quick message to support usually helps me find what I need quickly.

Becky S.

If you want a reliable system keep searching

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

I have been on Super Salon for 2 1/2 years because my Franchise required it. It has been a long journey. There is conflicting data between reports. When we first took over, getting the register to balance was a nightmare as it was very glitchy. It would add the numbers up different every time we put them in. Customer Service is horrific. We are on hold for an hour and a half when we push the prompt that we have someone at the register. If we reach anyone at all you cross your fingers that the person who answers can help. It's common for each person you talk to will tell you something different. Many times my tickets have been escalated with no response so we realized the issue was something we had to live with. Their online booking platform is frequently down costing us an unquantifiable amount of business because the majority of our guests book online. When they show our salon "offline" it also includes a link to search for other salons. Its not bad enough our software doesn't work, they are actively steering our guests somewhere else. When we re-opened from COVID shutdown they reduced hours so we couldn't even reach support during regular business hours. I finally asked to be let out of the last couple of months of my contract because of the negative impact on my business utilizing this platform. I was informed that I would be held responsible for every penny and would be sent to collections if I didn't pay.

Pros

Nothing, really. It was the approved platform with my franchise.

Cons

The platform. Lack of customer service. Unreliable. Inconsistent.

Sarah L.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Display Screen

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Customer Support helped me yesterday on his day off which was a Sunday. He was quick to respond and didn't stop until we were satisfied with the outcome. He was a pleasure to work with. I really appreciate his attention to detail and willingness to make the customer happy. I understand working on a day off let alone a Sunday is difficult. He made my day yesterday when I needed to get something done for Monday morning. Thanks Customer Support!

Pros

Ease of use. That you can reach someone almost 24/7

Cons

Having to wait for a call or email back.

Phillip P.

Functional and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

It has been really good. It is up nearly all the time, very little down time and is simple and easy to teach and use.

Pros

The Supersalon software is very easy to learn and use. It is functional and provides everything needed for day to day operations in a hair salon. The service received is very good as well and available 24/7.

Cons

The only real con on this is the reporting feature. It is somewhat limited and does not have a dynamic reporting tool

Lee K.

have used this software for over 13 years, great support staff, ongoing updates keeps it...

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

user friendly, ongoing updates keeps it relevant to the salon environment, company is open to suggestions for amending/adding reports. viewing it from my phone is convenient. using the ioffice feature and the back office feature allows me to be there virtually.

Cons

a few reports are not available but overall not too many issues. tech support needs more level 2 or higher techs; sometimes the level 1 techs are not as knowledgeable.

Marilyn L.

The software provides a wealth of information and making the accounting easier

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

The payroll reports make calculating hours and commissions for pay checks easy, Able to download information for sales to QuickBooks. Numerous reports are available to help schedule staff and review sales

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for but fortunately customer staff is always very helpful
Would like a little more flexibility to allow customization with setting up employees and changing reports

John G.

The SuperSalon system and report functionality are very effective in monitoring salon...

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

iOffice includes reports to efficiently monitor every component of your business. Having an experienced support team who is readily available and is a bonus!

Cons

Like any software advancements and updated need to happen in order to stay current. On the reporting side it would be nice to have more reports available in CSV and readily available to auto-email at set dates/times.

Steve C.

Long time user who's happy

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

The software helps us track key performance indicators very well. We've used the software for 16 years now and overall have been pleased with it.

Pros

The amount of information the software gives us is amazing. I don't use most of it. It does give us the ability to track information I most want.

Cons

Overall customer service level has dropped since ProPoint solutions purchased Supersalon.

Maria M.

Quality

Reviewed on 2017/10/07

Superlift salon keeps us organized. It helps our business to analyze information so that we have a good understanding of what we sow and who produces and when we need to produce more.

Pros

Customer service for the most part. People mean well and try to be thorough. Some of the functionality is nice.

Cons

Customer service forgetting to call us for a cutover that had been planned ahead of time and confirmed twice.

Rashmita J.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Support tech made sure all my issues were resolved..

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Its been a great experience except it gives problem more often nowadays

Pros

Efficiency and its functionality and the features that it allows I office access

Cons

Keeps having problems most of the times during work hours

Michael C.

it works well for what we need it for and the updates continuously improve.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

i like the fact that the screens for entering and checking out customers are simple and easy to use. i also like the remote access to the salon.

Cons

there are too many reports that seem like they do the same thing. also the discounts should have a button for all discounts, active discounts and expired discounts.

Troy R.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

Tech support is an ease to get a hold of and the response is timely. Tech support is knowledgeable !

Cons

One of my issues with the software is merchant services and the decision for the tech support not to support Heartland payment systems basically forcing customers to pick certain merchant services!!

Genevia L.

Easy to use, feature rich, excellent reporting capability

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

Everything is integrated. Ability to use I Office to view and manage stores . Ease of running reports. Ability of system to continue to function even when internet and phone lines are down.

Cons

Electronic menus board set up and manage It is a ,bit cumbersome and does not allow for quick changes.

Lori K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

New Salon setup and needed help.Customer Support was so helpful and patient with me

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Supercuts all use this so it is easy from store to store

Pros

That supersalon can help us remotely. It is also helpful that most things can be fixed remotely or with walking through the procedures.

Cons

It is software and always will have glitches. Sometimes after a computer update, it must be reset again.

Brittany C.

We had an issue with our mentor and the tech person fixed it immediately and sms in fargo

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

ease of use, friendly support and sometimes fast...our favorite go to guy is Darrell, he always fixes our issues and he is such a nice person

Cons

sometimes slow support and the software does not work as it should as always....sometimes we have to go through 2 or 3 techs to get fixed

Haley H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Review of SuperSalon

Reviewed on 2016/08/20

Getting help was fairly easy to do, and the person who assisted me in setting it back up was very helpful. However there seem to be a few bugs left in the system that either weren't addressed, or showed up again despite being worked on.

Pros

Customers can see there wait time/how many people are ahead of them in the que.

Cons

The names on the screen are not syncing up with the names on the computer. Its odd and unhelpful.