Mautic Reviews

Mautic

Open source marketing automation platform

4.4/5 (30 reviews)

An amazing tool for email marketing

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

I am using for sending newsletters (trying to automate from rss to email), capturing the leads (integrating with thrive leads), and crating the welcome campaigns with advanced conditions (adapting them to the behavior of the person). I do also integrate with Magento with an extension.

Pros

I like that it is an open source solution that delivers on their promise. It has very advanced options, plus a community that loves it. Used both from small companies or by fortune 500. So it is very scalable. Allows to own your data.

Cons

There are two things that I do not like a lot. The business model behind for me looks to have minus and few economic incentives for the creators to improve it constantly. And I think that may reflect in that misses somethings that other similar tools have (for example easily arrange the time to send the email, rss to email, better facebook integration, etc). But, it is amazing how many things already have working fine (automated campaigs, impressive tracking pixel and contacts profiles, plug ins, email template editor, ab testing capacities, etc). Really a great work, and working good for real campaigns. Very stable product (that does not happen with all open source products)

Kent G.

Mautic provides all the features of highend marketing automation solutions

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

In today's environment a marketing automation plan is essential and Mautic offers a great one at a great price (free if you can install your self)!

Pros

Mautic makes marketing automation easy. From campaign scheduling to marketing asset tracking and management Mautic rocks. Extensive and highly flexible contact management is an additional Mautic benefit.

Cons

The most cost-effective implementation of Mautic is to install, setup and manage on your own server. The downside is that you will need the expertise on staff to accomplish this. There is a web-base, subscription version that is as good or better but does come with a monthly fee.

Jacob T.

Excellent free Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Im a Mautic fan.

Pros

Its logic way of handling the things.

Its simple and effective design.

It works. It had never let me down.

And if you have acces to C-Panel - its free to install and use.

Cons

I love the software, but the things can get a little complicated - more all the possibilities than the software it self.

You need to be able to - and have the time to - read the manual and not least the very responsive forum - to get it to work. WPcrafter had some Youtube videos on the subject. See them and learn. Then you are flying. ...

Jonas C.

Main features available, active community of developers, growing network of helpers

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

I've been using several marketing automation software on my own, Mautic covers the main features digital marketers are willing to automate (i.e. Email builder, landing page builder, very user-friendly campaign builder...)
The main difference with Mautic is that it is an open-source framework, and gathers a growing reliable community of developers. Improvement from version 3.4 to 2.1 are impressive, and has greatly reinforced my trust for this software.
On top of that, the community has developed several useful integration - not to mention the main CRM that are natively offered - I'm also thinking about Zapier, that allows users to quickly connect with other services such as emailing solutions and much more.
The improvement I'm looking for is the social media integration. Posting and tracking info on SM is available but shall allow more interaction depending on which social you want to post on.
Implementation is pretty difficult but very well documented. I would recommend the non-technical profile to require help for this aspect.

Pros

The campaign builder is from far the most user friendly one on the market. The open source community is fairly active and growing

Cons

Difficulty to deploy, need to be backed up with technical profile

Brad N.

Free open source product that is great when it works, but difficult too

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

It allowed me to setup some marketing automation for cheap, but it requires a great deal more work than commercial systems to setup and understand.

Pros

It is a free and open source and has much of the functionality of the largest players in marketing automation.

It has a decent interface for each component that works fairly well once you understand it.

The integrations with email providers is great once you get them configured.

Other plugins and integrations are very good.

Cons

Email configuration is difficult and problematic. Once running it is good, but you need expertise in configuring all aspects and you have to work with providers that require further expertise in order to increase deliverability. I use Elastic Email and it is a good system, but still difficult if you don't know how email deliverability should be configured.

While the functionality is powerful in terms of the features, there is a disconnection between many of the components and it takes a real learning curve to get things running right. I still struggle with many of the components.

It has features that will allow it to be a semi-decent crm, but they need to add new capabilities to it.

Concepts are difficult as it related to visitors to your site and emails.

5.0/10
Nadir Z.

Beugguy on self-hosted, but so wide and interesting

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Very very good, and recommend. But need time to set-up properly.

Pros

We can manage so many things as campaigns emails... In the end, it needs a bit of time to understand it but once done, it is the best tool on the market, and free as it is open source.

Cons

Really beuggy at the begining, and especially if you are not a dev.

Stephanie E.

Open Source Mautic - excellent tool for FREE. Setup is complex but works great once running.

Reviewed on 2019/02/21
Review Source

We are extremely grateful to have this tool available and working for us each day. It's going great and we look forward to adding more campaigns as time goes on.

Pros

We are using the FREE open source version of Mautic, so please keep that in mind with this review. It is pretty complex to set up on your own, without the right people in place; however we were able to do it, and the product is GREAT. We have several campaigns running for different product types and all is going smoothly. We've spoken with Mautic staff and they are really great to work with.

Cons

Without a clear vision on what exactly you want to do, I doubt you'd be able to get Mautic installed version working. (However, the online, fully supported version is another story. With their help, you could for sure.)

Joseph N.

Is like mailchimp but better

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

I can control EVERY aspect of my email marketing!

Pros

I love how great the campings in Mautic are. The visual templates of emails and the easy use for customizing them is amazing.

Mautic use points system to see witch contact are the one's opening your email and helps to focus on the right path. Love how once you get to know the software everything just work and is your to make.

Cons

There is no white labeling, it definitively has some learning curve and the initial setup on cron jobs in a server can be tedious.

Kariuki P.

Mautic

Reviewed on 2018/12/25

Running campaigns to ensure online growth for our organization has been achieved, we can't do without it since we are in the ecommerce sector

Pros

one of the best tools for online marketing, automation to send emails and running campaigns.

Cons

A user needs to train a lot to use it, its not that easy to use, research is needed to install, configure and use it as its supposed to.

Mautic is the right way to start with Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Good product to sell services to our customers

Pros

It is open-source but not poor and developers communities are active and helping if you ask. It has been built by people who know about Martech and it gives you the right setup in your path to it. Definitely useful to start with and even grow with it

Cons

Bugs are there, you bet it, and sometimes you discover them in the worst situations. So you need to test beforehand but bugs are not so many and in several situations you get the solution via forums

Great software for all of your MAM needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

I really enjoy Mautic. The support and product are both top-notch! It integrates well with all of our other systems and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Pros

My favorite part of Mautic is the A+ customer support. I'm never waiting more than 12 hours for an answer, even on nights and weekends, and the customer support staff are always willing to jump on a call to discuss my problem and offer assistance. The templates Mautic offers look fresh and are relatively easy to build. My favorite features, though, are probably campaigns and landing pages. The look and feel is so much cleaner than other softwares I've used.

Cons

I wish that there was a slightly more advanced Salesforce integration, but that's coming from someone who has used Pardot (a Salesforce product) in the past and the pros for Mautic vs Pardot definitely outweigh the cons.

Aneta L.

Great software

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

No one. I am using this software and promote it in Poland.

Pros

I am using this tool for 8 months. It has great: Forms, Dynamic Content, Focus items, Progressive profiling. A lot of plugins. Powerfull tool.

Self-hosted it the bigest pros. Big community. For me the best. Great guide: https://www.mymautic.pl/

Cons

Still a lot of errors... I have had the problem to integration with Hubspot. Documentation does not have actualization.

Norman P.

Marketing Director

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

This is a great and easy to use marketing automation software. The fact that it is an open source project make the software very powerful in terms on new features. Every month, you're glad to use a new, modern and extremely useful feature.
Using mautic is simple as a child's play.

Shikhil S.

Mautic is a powerhouse which you can use to automate 65% of your inbound marketing campaigns!

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

- Email automation
- Intelligent drip campaigns
- Creating smart web forms
- User profiling

Pros

Mautic is a powerful tool that makes live of marketing teams so much easier. A few Pro's include:

1. Feature rich
2. Amazing drip campaigns
3. Works well with mailchimp, sendgrid and other providers
4. Well documented with videos
5. One-stop solution for so many web marketing tasks

Cons

The only con would be the easy of getting started. It does require a learning to get started and accustomed to the tool.

Marco B.

Powerful Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2017/05/21

Pros

Open Source: you can change what you want and install it on your servers.
Full of features: campaigns, forms, assetts, pages, workflow... everything you need.
Flessibility: easy to customize.

Cons

Not so easy to use: it's quite difficult to use so you need to understand its components before to make it productive.
Not allowing progressing profiling in forms

Response from Mautic

Marco, thank you so much for review! We just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that we do have progressive profiling built into our workflow. Please see the documentation for more detail. We hope that helps, thanks again! https://mautic.org/docs/en/forms/progressive_profiling.html (link subject to change)

Tiago O.

The open source Marketing Automation Platform

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/05

We used Mautic for over 2 years as a backup platform and to keep our smaller email marketing base separated from the main one

Pros

The fact that it's open source and allows your marketing team to customize it, as long as you have developers available to help with that.

Cons

Because you have to set things up yourself, the implementation is quite a long process

Tyler S.

Most Frustrating Software that I have ever dealt with

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

This looks like an AMAZING platform but honestly I wouldn't know... I have been struggling to get the platform to work for ~18 months. I am by no means a coding wizard or a novice, and my troubles have not been a consistent go at operating it. However I have tended to put it off over and over again because whenever I try and set it up I need to uninstall it and reinstall it. This review is more of a rant than anything I know that there are several people that have had great success. All in all I would say that if you think that you can get it up and running do it it looks great but to date I have not been able to and that is obviously sad and frustrating.

Pros

That it can monitor the digital interactions of your prospects and deliver dynamic content to them based on those actions.

Cons

No real support and seems like you need more then an intermediate knowledge to get it up and running.

5.0/10

straight forward use. great for businesess

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Plug tallet is making your work much easier, you willneed to do the work the software won't do the work for you so get in now and start working , it will benefit you

Pros

this is literly one stop shop
any marketer that want to follow his or her visitors for the sight without any facebook help or blocks.

Plug Talent is pretty easy to use straight forward.

Cons

some of the features are hard to implimant

Rodrigo D.

I am using Mautic for 1 year for manage marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 2016/01/28

Comparing with others AM tools

PROS:
1) you can choose other SMTP to send emails, like mandrill, sendgrid, amazon ses.
2) you can customize everything, if you have a local management system like ERP or a CRM built in house Mautic is perfect for you, you can set according your necessities
3) No limits for contacts and users
4) Perfect to agencies and consultants because you can sell services and not tools

CONS:
1) Don't have a phone support. Its not so good for companies that is not confortable with ticket system.
2)Only 3 themes for landing pages.
3)Dont have a funnel report to identify the marketing and sales steps, how many leads and customers per steps and per traffic source, rate conversion per step.

Been using for about 6 minths

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

This is open source, so I'm optimistic where this will go. Have not had an opportunity to use the marketing triggers yet, which is it's main benefit. However, the ability to expand the contact data collection and use email marketing functionality has been encouraging, but even in this, it was a chellenge to find a responsive template.

Pros

- ability to use Amazon SES for email marketing email delivery, virtually eliminating the cost for most small to mid-size businesses.
- amazing funtionality built in
- create fields for contact list, dynamic segmentation, contact notes, event tracking

Cons

- documentation is sparce
- calendar doesn't sync with google calendar
- setup would not be easy without tech background
- knowledge of cron jobs necessary

7.0/10
Joan N.

The next big guy in Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

I have using Mautic since 2015 with a lot of instances working up today. Love the product and is the next big guy in marketing automation software.

Pros

Easy to Use
Lot of Features
Integration with CRMs
Multi-language.

Cons

Only Salesforce CRM have bi-directional sync

Abigail N.

A great inbound marketing tool with lots of potential.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/11/11

I came across Mautic while searching for a free alternative to Hubspot marketing tools, because $200 monthly while worth it wasn't in my client's budget. I went through their features with a smile on my face and nothing made me happier than knowing it was free.

For a free tool, Mautic is packed with lots of features and that is part of the problem, the other problem is that I no longer take tutorials or read software `manuals' (In my defense, the Mautic manual is way too long to hold my attention and is thus sleeping somewhere on my laptop)

I love being able to upload files to Mautic as an asset and then link them to landing pages for lead generation. The problem is that creating a landing page on Mautic is hell, it has been four months, I've read the manual (The part on how to create landing pages), I've gone through the Mautic blog hoping for an explanatory post, but nope.

I gave up because it was difficult to create a form with lots of details mostly drop down fields and radio select fields. Creating a form that I am pleased with has been tough but it's nothing compared to creating a landing page, where using a blank template or using one of the existing templates. It drove me back to Agile which in turn drove me to Privy.

Like AgileCRM, I still haven't completely given up on Mautic, I just hope they make their interface easy to use, include mini tutorials to make it less overwhelming and make the form creation/ landing page creating easier and smoother.

I haven't used the contacts feature as I never got past the lead generation tools.

Pros

Mautic has a lot of potential and the pricing is great for small businesses.

Cons

The landing page builder is difficult to use and so is the form builder.
There is no customer support or tutorial to guide you on how to make the most of the features.

7.0/10

I found Mautic to be extremely useful and extendable. Out of the box it has great function.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

It is amazingly easy to get and use. I've been able to sync it with Google and Zoho. I like the geo targeting. Best features are automation and dynamic content serving.

Cons

The updates always crash my system. Also, built in crm is very weak. I use Zoho as main management tool.

Eric H.

Mautic MAS 5 Stars

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

We are using Mautic to create landing pages and forms. Also popups on our own site.

Pros

I like the extensive functionality of the service. It has saved huge amounts of my time.

Cons

There is no real tech support and the video tutorials on youtube are old.

Steve R.

Think of this as the poor man's Marketo

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

It has most of the functionality you need from a marketing automation platform. But it's a fraction of the cost and will eventually be pretty disruptive for the players in this market.

Cons

It doesn't integrate cleanly with a lot of other stuff the way that Marketo does. It always seems like we're having some little issue with the integrations to gotowebinar and salesforce.com

6.0/10