Blink Reviews

Blink

Employee app & portal for remote teams

4.9/5 (17 reviews)
Peter H.

We use Blink as our main communication tool as we are split between two office or on customer site.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

After several false starts with other applications, the team quickly adopted Blink. Within two weeks we had rolled out Blink as the tool of choice. We are distributed over two offices and/or on customer site - so having a central messaging tool that everyone uses is great. New joiners find it easy to learn/use.

We have some company-wide channels, individual team channels, lots of ad hoc groups, and then normal direct messaging. Due to the ease of use we use it regularly to bring small/ad hoc project teams together in order to share documentation and messaging.

The fact that there is a desktop app, a web app, an iOS app and Android app means Blink can be used where ever you are. We like the lightning-quick search, have linked it to both Jira and Office 365, and have plans to extend it with an in-house Bot.

New features are released on a regular basis and if we have any questions then we have found the support to be very quick and helpful.

Cons

The main limitation is that we still need to use a separate application for screen sharing and voice calls. It would be nice if this feature was added. However, we would rather use Blink for messaging and sharing than go to product that was a unified platform but a poorer experience. For that reason we still currently use Skype for Business for voice and screen sharing but have chosen not to use Microsoft Teams for colloboration as we think Blink is a far better experience.

Richard G.

Just Awesome.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Helps build teams, gives me a great way to communicate and collaborate.

Pros

It's all the small stuff this does apart from being a great messaging app, naturally builds culture within teams and the business. Gives my people the ability to reach out at any time on any device to ask questions and to be helped. Our EPG is linked (via API) and it's a great way to get good automated snap shots awhile on the move... even alerts. We get the ability to message all our people at once in emergency situations (came in handy when the beast from the east arrived)

Cons

It's quite fresh but still packed with features, the development cycle is really agile. When we have an issue its usually fixed within a couple of days to a week. We hit a couple of bugs in the early days but we were supported and kept up to date on progress.

Loic M.

Incredible

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

This is more than just a messaging app, a great one at that, It enables teams of staff to interact and collaborate with each other enabling a variety of benefits to arise. Some of these benefits include a growth in culture amongst teams and the business, the ability to contact others regardless of time, location or device and the simple yet effective layout of the App has made it more appealing and enjoyable to use. The App allows people to contact all teams during emergency situations. This proves effective during unprecedented events such as the recent 'Beast from the East'. Mostly we like the ceiling of the product. Many products in their early days are plagued with bugs and developmental issues, however, this software has had very few, this is a huge positive as this is rarely the case for new software, this puts the software in a league of its own.

Helen W.

Blink is really awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Blink provides me with an excellent way of communicating with colleagues and getting company updates out to the wider business. I find it better than email as it has a more natural flow and much more efficient as you can create multiple relevant chats and groups for all your requirements. Notifications are great and it intergrates with all my other apps.

Cons

I'm looking forward to the getting an update to enable messages to be sent after being offline, this would enable
Me to use offline and keep up to date with chats.

Chloe B.

Essential part of my every day working life.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

The use of "teams" work really well, it means that i can get the message across in a simple and easy fashion to a select group within a targeted conversation. Ultimately this results in less email chains but successfully keeps everyone in the loop.

Cons

Connectivity on the mobile is an area for improvement but other than that, i love using this everyday.

Riaan V.

Easy to use. Very clever bots and integrations

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

It puts everything in one place and is very easy to use.

Pros

The Feed works great. It pulls everything you need into one space. The messaging side of Blink works very well. Instant messaging, teams, spaces - very easy to use.

Cons

Offline working would be nice, but these days everyone is online for the majority of their workday, so just a minor nice to have.

Kevin C.

Excellent app to communicate with project teams

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Excellent app to communicate with different project teams.
Can integrate with other software through Bots. We can post reports from our back office system to specific project groups on Blink using the API.
First class customer service. The Blink support team are always there to help me with API integration.
New features added regularly.

Cons

Rarely have any issues but the support team are always there to help me out with the API integrations.

Aoife M.

Makes work more productive

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Able to chat to people quickly and easily without disrupting them. More efficient than emails and less formal. Promotes a more friendly environment in the workplace. I like the tea round and gifs! Also like that you can share attachments and images.

Cons

Sometimes inappropriate gifs (racist, sexual content etc) I also don't like that it tracks your usage but does not make that clear from the outset and doesn't appear to have an option to switch that off. In general I am not clear on what information others can see about my messages and activity so I would like more clarity on that.

Rachel R.

A refreshing and easy way to work and communicate with my team, colleagues and business contacts!

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Much more modern and intuitive than the other tools I use at work. I like how it doesn't confine, I'm able to integrate it with day to day work flows and interact fluidly with those both in and outside my organisation. Professional, modern, fun and effective.

Cons

I use the app so much I greedily want more integrations so I can use it across even more workflows.

Katherine B.

Alternative Intranet

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We're still playing around with the features but so far after less than a month we are happy with what we are working with.

Pros

- free for up to 20 users
- great alternative to a company intranet / communication portal for the micro businesses who want to share their management system documentation with field staff and don't want to fork out expensive licences with Microsoft for similar products like yammer / SharePoint.
- if you are IT savvy and know how to build microapps feature will draw your attention.
- Can download on android and iOS devices
- Has a desktop app for windows and iOS devices

Cons

- you have to purchase the premier package at a monthly cost per user to do branding. It would be good if there was a fixed fee per month for up to 10 users for the small companies e.g. £20 plus VAT.

Tobin J.

Blink systems have enabled our team to be better connected and significantly more communicative

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Ease of use, personalization, cross-platform/device support, encryption and the support we've received from the Blink team

Cons

None yet. I can't believe more people aren't using it - it's a tool we've really come to rely on. We have a team spread all over the country and this keeps us all connected

Daniel F.

Extremely user-friendly interface!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It is easy to use and is a very effective way of communicating with the wider office team, tracking various projects.

Cons

Some staff and freelancers still try to communicate through email or WhatsApp; it would be beneficial if more organisations were on Blink

Tash D.

Awesome user experience. It is the best software of its kind to really link teams together.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Everyone worldwide doesn't yet use Blink ! I am sure everyone who tries this software will be converted and it will completely simplify their way of working - as it has done mine.

Pros

I really like how you are able to use Blink across different devices with such an easy-to-use interface, whilst also being able to share complex files and information. It is so simple to stay in touch with my whole team and really keep on top of the latest project updates.

Trudy D.

Building a digital workplace can be scary but Blink is brilliant and covers all bases.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

It really is a central hub for all our employees to access. It makes sharing information so easy. Internal Comms was always time-consuming but now we use the feed to share information to anywhere in the world.

Cons

There isn't really a negative since it can help your business access information and can't wait for the next step in advancement.

Daniel D.

Great way to communicate quickly with my team with minimal hassle

quick and easy communication

Pros

The simple platform that Blink creates means I can focus on what's really important rather than being slowed down.

Cons

I think that an introductory setup guide could play when first installing the app to get people going as soon as Blink is installed.

Hadeer S.

Don't upgrade to business!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Really disappointed

Pros

It's easy to use and really good as free app

Cons

No support! i bought the business and I didn't see any differences worth the money! and when I contact them no reply! even phone number always busy like it's a scam! use the free app and don't upgrade

1.0/10