Christi K.

A Surprise Underdog Comes Through

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

I believe we made a great decision by choosing Blink and I would recommend them to any other company looking to up their communication game.

Pros

In searching for a new communication platform, I thought I knew what I was looking for and which company I would go with. Blink was added as just another platform for comparison. However, during my first demo, I was convinced this was the right choice. It ticked off all the boxes: top down communication, bottom up communication, side to side communication, individual and group chats, an information repository, and one of the best price points of (in my opinion) even inferior platforms. Plus, they were up front about all costs, so I didn't have to worry about a surprise invoice I would have to explain.

Cons

There are a few small functionality issues I have had since getting into the platform (such as not having control over what shows up under an employee name or what is displayed in the Directory), but I have been assured the team is adding my suggestions to their list and looking into how we can work around the other issues.

Azelea C.

Great Company Social Platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

The level of communication has increased. Blink has been a great tool for people to share their experiences without having to send a company wide email. The chat function has also made it easier for people to ask simple questions without having to send email.

Pros

It's super easy to set up and use. The team at Blink are always quick to respond, listen to feedback and suggestions for future features.
Integration with some business applications have been useful for daily updates.

Cons

Now that they've allowed multiple photo uploads and direct video posts I can't think of much else. Permission levels could do with more rejigging as most things if you're not admin you can't control perhaps there could be something inbetween admin and user.
Also if you're not part of a team you can't post to that news feed - however there are times when someone from one team might want to post something to only a couple of teams but not the whole company and that's not easily achieveble. Perhaps "team admins" can post to other team news feeds and just not see any of the feed other than their own post?
Perhaps business collaboration tools could be more advanced?

Dean L.

Good Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Generally a good, easy to use app that allows good interaction with colleagues as well as getting news and updates out quickly.

Pros

Blink is a good way of getting information out to colleagues across different areas of the business.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to post in different styles of font. Bold/italic etc.

Sometimes users have issues opening attachments.

Kevin C.

Excellent app to communicate with project teams

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Excellent app to communicate with different project teams.
Can integrate with other software through Bots. We can post reports from our back office system to specific project groups on Blink using the API.
First class customer service. The Blink support team are always there to help me with API integration.
New features added regularly.

Cons

Rarely have any issues but the support team are always there to help me out with the API integrations.

Graham J.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent networking app

Excellent, very useful

Pros

Excellent way to communicate between employees on a one to one basis and also public posts for a whole group to see

Cons

If you add an image into a reply you can't also comment on the image in the same reply.

Tobin J.

Blink systems have enabled our team to be better connected and significantly more communicative

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Ease of use, personalization, cross-platform/device support, encryption and the support we've received from the Blink team

Cons

None yet. I can't believe more people aren't using it - it's a tool we've really come to rely on. We have a team spread all over the country and this keeps us all connected

Daniel F.

Extremely user-friendly interface!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

It is easy to use and is a very effective way of communicating with the wider office team, tracking various projects.

Cons

Some staff and freelancers still try to communicate through email or WhatsApp; it would be beneficial if more organisations were on Blink

Tash D.

Awesome user experience. It is the best software of its kind to really link teams together.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Everyone worldwide doesn't yet use Blink ! I am sure everyone who tries this software will be converted and it will completely simplify their way of working - as it has done mine.

Pros

I really like how you are able to use Blink across different devices with such an easy-to-use interface, whilst also being able to share complex files and information. It is so simple to stay in touch with my whole team and really keep on top of the latest project updates.

Sara D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great app to communicate with colleagues

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

So far I have found Blink a good app and a lot better than apps I’ve used previously it has everything I need to keep me fully informed

Pros

The app is easy to navigate through and not slow at all

Cons

Haven’t found one yet but once I do I will add it on my review

Angela M.

Cardiff Bus

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Loving it. … great bit of kit

Pros

Great interaction with majority of the workforce who are not desk based.

Cons

Would like to be able to filter and see my own posts against my name - similar to facebook?

Fine for communications, lacking in other features

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

More casual internal communications and email but very primitive. Newsfeed is good but difficult to search so only really works for real-time updates. Lack of ability to share files properly limos use severely and the ‘hub’ feature is too basic as it does not allow the creation of pages to view only upload of docs. The admin and access level features are not rounded enough, it’s all or nothing!

Pros

Simple IM app and the newsfeed like appearance of the home page. Some limited integrations, calendar works well.

Cons

Lacking in support for 3rd party apps, no ability to view documents in the app only have attachments.

Response from Super Smashing

Hi,

We are sad to hear that Blink hasn't lived up to your expectations and appreciate your honest review. It definitely helps keep us in check.

To your point, we do have a search feature, which should allow you to not only search Feed posts and Chats but also content on 3rd party integrations. We also have Pages in the Admin Panel, which lets Org and Team Admins create native content for the platform - this should address your concerns about the Hub. Access to different levels of teams or user permissions can be customised in the Admin Panel - it would be great to get your thoughts on what's missing ([email protected]). We have passed on your feedback regarding limited previews of files (since last month this is available for PDF and Word files but we don't yet support all types). Glad that you find the platform helpful for internal communications and hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks again,

The Blink Team

Katherine B.

Alternative Intranet

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We're still playing around with the features but so far after less than a month we are happy with what we are working with.

Pros

- free for up to 20 users
- great alternative to a company intranet / communication portal for the micro businesses who want to share their management system documentation with field staff and don't want to fork out expensive licences with Microsoft for similar products like yammer / SharePoint.
- if you are IT savvy and know how to build microapps feature will draw your attention.
- Can download on android and iOS devices
- Has a desktop app for windows and iOS devices

Cons

- you have to purchase the premier package at a monthly cost per user to do branding. It would be good if there was a fixed fee per month for up to 10 users for the small companies e.g. £20 plus VAT.

Leon R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Blink Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Exceptional…. we seen great feedback in terms of engagement and overall the front line workers now express themselves which we would never seen or shown the Leadership team. Also we can deliver first hand information direct to the phone which is instant. We have been able to create a frontline platform and generate team inclusion.

Pros

Function, user friendly and the team at Blink. They understand the business we are and what the objective was to deliver to the frontline workers.

Cons

We need understand further before we can express any con's at the moment.

Helen W.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Blink is really awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Blink provides me with an excellent way of communicating with colleagues and getting company updates out to the wider business. I find it better than email as it has a more natural flow and much more efficient as you can create multiple relevant chats and groups for all your requirements. Notifications are great and it intergrates with all my other apps.

Cons

I'm looking forward to the getting an update to enable messages to be sent after being offline, this would enable
Me to use offline and keep up to date with chats.

Nathan W.

Epic, business changing sofware

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

As a team Blink are brilliant. They are extremely proactive in all aspects of our relationship, from concept stage through to BAU

Pros

Since we have introduced Blink to the company we have found that our communication channels have been revolitionised. We expected that we would be able to improve the comms from the business to staff however we've been blown away at how much we've benefited from the staff being able to communicate clearly with us.

Cons

The feed rolls through very fast and so messages can get lost - however I would point out that this feedback has gone to the team at Blink and Featured posts have been created to enable specific posts to remain high profile.

Richard G.

Just Awesome.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Helps build teams, gives me a great way to communicate and collaborate.

Pros

It's all the small stuff this does apart from being a great messaging app, naturally builds culture within teams and the business. Gives my people the ability to reach out at any time on any device to ask questions and to be helped. Our EPG is linked (via API) and it's a great way to get good automated snap shots awhile on the move... even alerts. We get the ability to message all our people at once in emergency situations (came in handy when the beast from the east arrived)

Cons

It's quite fresh but still packed with features, the development cycle is really agile. When we have an issue its usually fixed within a couple of days to a week. We hit a couple of bugs in the early days but we were supported and kept up to date on progress.

Loic M.

Incredible

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

This is more than just a messaging app, a great one at that, It enables teams of staff to interact and collaborate with each other enabling a variety of benefits to arise. Some of these benefits include a growth in culture amongst teams and the business, the ability to contact others regardless of time, location or device and the simple yet effective layout of the App has made it more appealing and enjoyable to use. The App allows people to contact all teams during emergency situations. This proves effective during unprecedented events such as the recent 'Beast from the East'. Mostly we like the ceiling of the product. Many products in their early days are plagued with bugs and developmental issues, however, this software has had very few, this is a huge positive as this is rarely the case for new software, this puts the software in a league of its own.

Aoife M.

Makes work more productive

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Able to chat to people quickly and easily without disrupting them. More efficient than emails and less formal. Promotes a more friendly environment in the workplace. I like the tea round and gifs! Also like that you can share attachments and images.

Cons

Sometimes inappropriate gifs (racist, sexual content etc) I also don't like that it tracks your usage but does not make that clear from the outset and doesn't appear to have an option to switch that off. In general I am not clear on what information others can see about my messages and activity so I would like more clarity on that.

Mark C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

new user

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

very good

Pros

Easy to use and colourful , great facility to bring all other work Apps together.

Cons

small fonts on my phone, if I press enter to move down a line on my phone the message is sent.

Heather M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Blink is our second in house comm tool and things are looking up!

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

We are optimistic about this product, far less buggy than our last in house comm tool. Hopefully they can get notifications improved and I think everything will be groovy at that point.

Pros

Blink has some neat features like email search via its platform through single sign ons. It has a hub that makes important work docs painless to find/use immediately. Chat is great and quick.

Cons

Notifications need to be improved. The team worries that messages fade into obscurity rather than being seen by appropriate parties.

Response from Super Smashing

Hi Heather,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback and we are glad you're enjoying Blink!

As I'm sure you are aware, we're working on the Notification Center which will mean that you'll have even easier access to the most important content on the platform - it would be great to hear your thoughts on that feature when it goes live! Glad to hear you're optimistic about the product as we continue to introduce new features and that once we improve notifications everything will be groovy :)

Graham C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Must Have

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Increased communication across the whole company, easy to be able to speak with management or employees without any hassle of having the incorrect contact details.

Pros

Must have work place communication on a plat form that people are familiar with making on boarding a dream

Cons

My only criticism is that when on boarding you have to them re enter the employee to add there details such as payroll information.

Chloe B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Essential part of my every day working life.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

The use of "teams" work really well, it means that i can get the message across in a simple and easy fashion to a select group within a targeted conversation. Ultimately this results in less email chains but successfully keeps everyone in the loop.

Cons

Connectivity on the mobile is an area for improvement but other than that, i love using this everyday.

Rachel R.

A refreshing and easy way to work and communicate with my team, colleagues and business...

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Much more modern and intuitive than the other tools I use at work. I like how it doesn't confine, I'm able to integrate it with day to day work flows and interact fluidly with those both in and outside my organisation. Professional, modern, fun and effective.

Cons

I use the app so much I greedily want more integrations so I can use it across even more workflows.

Mark C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

BLINK AND YOU'VE MISSED IT.

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I've never had a problem with it, generally speaking it's enhanced my working experience.

Pros

It's not just just a Facebook type, it's so much more work related with tools that directly relate to my job.

Cons

It's viewed by everyone, including senior management and it's always there even during your time off.

Steve M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Blink Review from Sydney Transport company

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

Greater employee engagement and communication.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to get information out as often as needed and the reach that it provides.

Staff can access and consume at a time that suits them.

Cons

Was the video feature and having to upload from youtube for example but no longer an issue since you can upload a video direct now.