TRAKnet

Podiatry specific EHR and practice management platform

Sara T.

Awesome EHR for Podiatry

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I have been using Traknet since 2011. I have used all phases of the program from scheduling, charting to billing. It is easy to use and gets the job done. Since Nemo has taken over ownership it has continued to evolve and change as needed and they are constantly adding new tasks to the program. All of this helps to streamline the processes in our office.

Pros

1. That it caters to Podiatry
2. Ease of use - I pretty much trained myself because I started learning it before all the training videos were available.
3. Webinars

Cons

I think the reports could be improved. I have had several times whereas I had to run 2 or 3 reports and then manually combine numbers to come up with the results I needed.

Richard R.

I've enjoyed using TrakNet in my practice. It's functionality fit my needs.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

I enjoyed the straight forward charting and billing.

Pros

Podiatry specific, customization available with my practice. Usually, the support staff answer the phone quickly, and are able to answer any question quickly.

Cons

The updates are sporadic and infrequent. Some features should be included in the usage fees, but are "added on" expenses.

Heather M.

Tracknet Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

We are looking at streamlining our billing and have had wonderful help with that process.

Pros

The scheduler and patient data is easy to access. We have many people in the system throughout the day and the system works well.

Cons

I would love to be able to schedule my doctors appointments in groups by kind of appointment. I am not currently able to do that without blocking the whole hour for the day. I would love columns to schedule in. My employees also have a hard time with the clocking in and out system. The system is not always current time and it causes a few issues.

Cindy T.

Best Podiatric Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Every issue I have had with Traknet gets solved quickly, so I am not on the phone for hours during business hours.

Pros

How easy it is to work in the system and the different areas.

Cons

In scheduling that I can't copy a whole day of patients to another day, that I have to enter them each in individually.

Sharon M.

Customer service is timely and the program is easy to use. Podiatrists should only be using...

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

Easy to use and understand. It is designed with the podiatrist in mind and helps make my job easier.

Tina C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Traknet

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Pros

It was user friendly. Want to go back to it. Waiting for someone to set up a demo with me since it has went cloud based.

Cons

The only reason we left to start with was because when it went to cloud based the cost went way up but they have brought the price back down

Praya M.

Problems with MacBook

Reviewed on 2019/10/27

Pros

It works on Windows. I have MacBook! So I don't like it.

Cons

Difficult to install on MacBook.
I could not install on my MacBook by myself; my IT guys installed the app for me; it worked fine. Then the TrakNet migrated to Cloud, which I was given instructions to install a new version, I could not install, so I call the help support ....who told me to call Apple!

Ethan G.

Terrible Program

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Terrible

Pros

I don't think I can list a single good thing about this program

Cons

This is the worst software/company I have ever dealt with.
Every update crashes their software, and their support team has no idea what they are doing. I had to hire my own IT group to fix the program setup when Traknet technicians couldn't figure it out.

James H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Our practice has been using Traknet since Traknet 2.0 and it is the perfect EHR .

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

The benefits Traknet offers our practice is the streamlined process of charting patients for our doctors which allows them to spend more time with our patients. Traknet aides the running of a private practice by allowing our staff to have a complete patient focus. The ability to take copays and track in-office spending is a great benefit for our practice as well that would otherwise be provided by different services.

Pros

Traknet makes scheduling patients easy and efficient. Our doctors also find dictating progress notes in Traknet results in very comprehensive and thorough notes. The ability to save scans within a patients chart allows for our office to have complete medical documents so that our patients will receive the most quality care. Traknet is user friendly and our front office staff as well as our medical assistants have been able to learn the software with ease.

Cons

The two cons with Traknet is that with the e-fax service is limited to one company that does not offer reasonable prices and e-prescribing is quite difficult.

April H.

Traknet is a wonderful system for podiatrists. I love the smooth user interface and extra...

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

Traknet is always looking to implement new, helpful features into their software. I don't have to worry about correctly reporting insurance requirements and billing is a breeze. The customer service is great! I'm always able to resolve any issue in a prompt manner. It's so easy to manage the daily schedule. The referrals section makes sending consultation notes an stress-free task.

Cons

Sometimes the software updates don't apply correctly. I've had to uninstall / reinstall the program a few times in the last 6 months. The monthly price is a little steep. Especially if we wanted to use the cloud option. I wish that when we put in the MIPS questions on the note that the correct code would populate in the invoice. That would be a big time saver!

Karen G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

prior notification of updates or system crash would like to be notified prior via email

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

The simplicity of the program makes it easy to use . And has step by step guide for a particular situation that you may encounter

Cons

That it does not have the capability to download remits on excel also I am visually impaired and would like the font a little bigger it well help me with getting through the fields quicker;.

Response from TRAKnet

Karen,

When our product has a new release, we send an email to all users. It sounds like you may not be getting those notifications. We are going to be sure you are on the list and reach out to you to ensure you are satisfied.

Thank you for your review and your on-going support as a TRAKnet user!

Felicia Z.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall, Traknet is very simple and easy to use. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Traknet is very easy to use and Nemo is continuously adding features to stay current. They offer many integrations to choose from including Demandforce which is fantastic as well. The customer support staff is top notch and always willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this software. Nemo has an idea wall to offer suggestions to help improve Traknet, over the years many of those suggestions have been taken into consideration.

Sandra G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

TRAKnet is very user friendly. The support is top notch, owned by podiatrist; keeping it up...

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Makes scheduling, billing and doing clinical work effortlessly.

Pros

Windows based, easy to use. The support team is GREAT! Clerical & clinical staff can work continuously. Current, up to date with all Medicare requirements. Great webinars for learning the system. Webinars that also keep us informed of future changes. Support team is eager and willing to help with any questions. ALWAYS available. Best podiatry software we have ever used. - On the billing side: it's so easy to use. Claims submission is a breeze.

Gabriel D.

I've evaluated all software available for podiatry. Traknet is the most comprehensive.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

We used to do our own billing. RCM, a branch of NEMO Health now does it for us. They're experts! Don't waste your time trying to do it in-house. We now have a team of billers working my account. We could never do that before. They've got it covered.

Cons

I believe the software is the best complete product on the market for podiatry practice management. They are always innovating to make it better and they listen to their customers.

Kennedy L.

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Not a pleasant one. I have had several issues with them, mainly on the billing side. If you want a simple, inexpensive, no frills EHR, it's acceptable. If you are a highly productive practice with lots of revenue, this would be a step backwards. Management has also not been helpful in responding to the needs of its physicians.

Pros

Word based documentation makes it easy to manipulate and create templates. There is also a library of user templates that one could build off of that is useful.

Cons

Where do I start? Significant limitations in billing and data collection. There is virtually no ability to manipulate software to elicit useful data that can help direct patient volume and traffic. Software is antiquated and low octane. If they do your RCM (revenue cycle management) as well, watch out. Terrible service! They've gone through several managers and are basically hiring people off the street with little to no billing or coding experience. Certainly no podiatry experience. I had 4 different billing leads while I was with them. You will also have to pay for data access once you leave. The patient information will be difficult to transfer to a new system as well.

Overall good

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

It is easy and convenient to make patients charts, send meds electronically, easy reviewing past visits.

Cons

Not able to find meds with certain doses.
Software needs to be frequently updated for better functionality.

Leah S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I have used Traknet with several of my accounts and found that it was basic.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

It allowed me to access and update patient info. for billing and charting purposes.

Pros

It is basic and does not have to much going on, so it does not overwhelm the user. I have used more complex software but if your practice does not require a lot, then Traknet would be fine.

Cons

It is limited as far as functions, but then again it is podiatry specific. Some of the functions could be updated.

TRAKnet review

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

Support is good. Training involves trainer, videos and written instructions. Easier to catch up on notes once you learn the program.

Cons

No Telemedicine capacity. No IPad capacity. No Dictation capacity. Burns through the allowed Gigs on my Verizon MiFi like crazy.

Heather K.

I really wanted it to work

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Not great. We had problems that started at the data migration stage and have continued on from there. We have had multiple meetings with the training teams, support teams and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with absolutely no resolution. What is even worse is that on more than one instance while I was talking to our account manager about all of the problems and expressing my displeasure with the system, he was trying to sell me additional TRAKnet products! The product that we are currently using is not good, so why would I buy additional products?
I really wanted TRAKnet to work, but it is clear that this product has many problems and I cannot wait around while they try to fix them. It is costing me time and money and is simply aggravating for me and my staff and my billing team.

Pros

Easy to make and modify templates. Very easy to customize the desktop and I love that it integrated with our x-ray program. Works very well with Dragon and was introduced to SpeakEasy which has also been a great program to use

Cons

So many things.
For starters, there are buttons and tabs for functions that either don't exist or have not been set up. For example, there is a "Pay My Bill" button on the patient portal, but the ability to make a payment through the portal has not been set up. There is a tab that is supposed to just let you upload all of the patient's records to the portal, but it does not work so you have to do a work around which adds about 4 steps to the process.
They recommend MedSender for integrated faxing, but that is not set up yet and will not be integrated until January, at the earliest. My bets are that it does not ultimately work.
The system works half the time and does not work the other half of the time. No one can seem to figure out why . We just know that the developers are "working on it".
Finally, all things billing related are completely jacked on it. We use an outside billing service and they have had nothing but problems trying to bill out claims. As a result, money is trickling in very slowly which is bad for business.
The faxing system they recommend is not integrated with TRAKnet yet, they have only one trainer who seems to know what she is doing, their credit card processing service does not work correctly and the system is very quirky.

Alan B.

Easy to use! Podiatry specific. Company run by podiatrist who know what podiatrist need!

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Practice management consulting, along with the ability to outsource my billing to NEMO Health. They also have an e-commerce company built in.

Pros

Podiatry specific! Easy to use. Easy to customize. Has pre-built templates. Software is always being updated

Cons

Like all EHR software, it sometimes takes away from interacting with the patient, but does allow me to quickly review information needed for patient treatment

Calvin B.

Frustratingly slow.

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Pros

Can't think of any.

Cons

Did I mention its slow. Takes forever to change screens. Such a waste of time. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Jennifer L.

So many issues...

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

I regret signing on with Traknet. It started out as a great experience and I really thought it was going to work for us. But the cost of the program in ridiculous when you add additional physicians. Adding an additional physician more than doubled our monthly cost. We have a third joining our practice soon, so we will be dropping Traknet at that time. It just isn't financially feasible for a program that isn't working properly.

Pros

The charting is pretty decent with a word based format. It is fairly easy to create templates that work for your clinic, and each physician can create their own templates if desired.

Cons

The billing is the worst! It seems so easy at first, but then tracking the claims, reprocessing claims, etc is the most painful experience. There is no claim management in this program - at all! There are a series of inadequate reports you can run to try to get a grip on what's happening, but no real claim management. Another problem we have is that the payments are not matching up, causing me to manually enter almost every payment. When payments to match up, we've had several instances where the adjustments are not calculated correctly, leaving accounting errors on multiple accounts.

We paid extra money to "upgrade" to the cloud and it has been the worst experience for us. It is painfully slow, we can't access multimedia folders, the program closes out in the middle of charting, it gives us red lines on our schedule in the middle of scheduling, etc. Terrible!

Next, every single thing in Traknet costs additional money. Patient portal, faxing, integrating with labs, etc. It will all cost additional money and still doesn't work properly.

Incredibly expensive if you have more than 1 physician.

Kim G.

Software is slow due to defaults. Reports are many but mostly useless.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

Smart sheet ICD 10 code system works very well, is really the only reason I kept the program when ICD 10 came along, many others dropped it as too expensive and support issues were always an issue. Charting is done fairly well and not too burdensome.

Cons

Defaults slow the system instead of allowing you to choose the information pulled. Support does not respond, very poor. Could be a good program with different emphasis, works too much on MIPPS / MACRA etc when almost no one in podiatry is reporting. Gave 2 stars for value based on support and incorrect direction for profession.

Tammy R.

Traknet

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

I love being able to schedule appointments and file insurance all from the same software. Before Traknet I had to do so much insurance by paper claims and have electronic claims is so much easier.

Pros

I think its easy to use and when we hire new people they learn it quickly. I love that you can fax from it now, that makes it so much easier. Insurance eligibility!

Cons

the Dr would say it is the notes, it is very frustrating when an update is done and then it doesn't work properly.

Kay S.

Great Podiatry EMR

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I have been a user since 1995(Soft Easy) as the company changed ownership and numerous upgrades to Traknet 3.0 I like the changes made throughout the years that included billing, eligibility and electronic remittance saved me a lot of time, easy to use software. MIPS & MACRA A + Credit card integration for copay's and patient balances. Now I enjoy uploading patient statements no more stuffing envelopes! Oh my God so much improvement I just love it all!

Pros

I like the integration with credit card acceptance and Demand Force patient reminders.

Cons

I really have no complaint and almost never have to call for support.