Sniply

Social media conversion optimization & CTA embed tool

This is an awesome tool for sharing content and branding it

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

The fact that you can customize the message and call to action button on each post is really great. It gives you the flexibility to create something people will actually interact with. You can also track successes as well.

Cons

It doesn't always work on all sites. Sometimes it just won't be supported but you won't know until you've done all the work.

A great tool to get your audience back to your page , and to monitor the click rates of...

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I like it's simplicity and ease of use. You can easily create a snip that you can use and it's easy to create new ones as well.

Cons

I don't like that the snips are not customizable. It's better if the snips can be modified so I can create a more compelling link for the audience to click.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Great marketing trick / software

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Great experience, easy to use. Super smart software tool.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use. It was very intuitive. Required no tutorial. Used it on the free trial and it is super clever.

Cons

I do not feel the pricing justifies paying for it in my case. Although this might be different for other people depending on their marketing strategy. It is 100% worth checking out on the free trial and seeing the value.

Pawel A.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Unhappy client

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

We wanted use free trail to assess if this software is suitable for our company. We decided that is not and cancelled subscription before. We've still been charged for using product, I tried to contact sniply team for refund but without any success, looks like they don't have support team whatsoever. We contacted our bank to stop any further transaction with sniply so hopefully they won't try to take any further payment.
I wouldn't recommend this company anyone as if you encounter any problems there is no one to approach...

Pros

Sorry to say but nothing... website design is fine

Cons

Support team, communication with sniply, overall customer service

Rick P.
  • Industry: Publishing

Innovative & useful link shortener that is also a CTA and lead generator

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

A fun, useful tool for creating on-the-fly calls to action. I use it every day.

Pros

There are a number of similar services like it but Sniply is the one I keep coming back to, not least because the free plan is still very useful if not as powerful as the paid plans, which I have to admit are kind of pricey.

(Backly is my favorite tool of this type but there's no free tier and I'm pretty cheap.)

Sniply allows you to shorten a link, share it on social media with a call-to-action overlay pointing to whatever site or product you want. You can also create overlays with retargeting pixels, tracking pixels, and even a lead generation overlay that collects email addresses.

My favorite feature of Sniply which I could not find documentation for but just discovered today while preparing for this review: Snipping a YouTube or Vimeo video creates a lightbox over wherever you want your followers to go. In my case, it goes to my film review blog. Closing the lightbox lands the visitor directly on my site. Seamless and very cool. Since I regularly share and write about short films that I find on the web, this is amazing!

Cons

Sniply doesn't work on all sites but that's to be expected: many sites don't like tools like these and consider their use to be hijacking their original content.

In that vein, I try to be careful what sort of links I use with Sniply. If the shared content is directly related to my own and if I'm adding value not only by sharing it but also pointing followers to further discussion about that specific content, then I have no qualms. It's a win/win.

Bethany S.

Great alternative to Bitly

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

So, if you're not familiar with Sniply, it basically gives you the ability to shorten a link, but when people click that link the page that they end up on will also include a call to action, with your logo, with another link that you choose.

If that doesn't make sense, just try out the free version.

I love Sniply because it allows me to give my brand more visibility, and also let people know, hey, if you like this post, this page, then I've got something else you might like - take a look! Sniply is easy to use, and even the free version is fully functional. If you opt for a paid version you get even more tools and options.

Pros

It's a fun way to let people know about your brand without posting your own content all the time and it's easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't work on all webpages.

Mandy J.
  • Industry: Publishing

Amazing for content marketing

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I just started using this, but if I had discovered it sooner I would've jumped at the opportunity. Honestly, this is my new favorite app. Fantastic approach for leveraging your social media following to drive traffic and conversions without spending money on ads. And they have a free plan available.

Cons

My number one complaint is that I didn't discover it sooner. I've had a few bumps with things not updating properly, but customer service has been attentive so far and seems interested in solving the issue.

Khadeza begum M.

Best software for CPA marketing

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I used it to affiliate marketing business

Pros

The best I like about this software is its linking system.Marketer or businessesman can easily use this software to link their url with content and publish it.So it is great for them.

Cons

Nothing to say.It is just awesome for new marketers.

Mujib J.

Very Useful

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

getting leads and your products placed in front of potential buyers but in a clandestine but effective way

Cons

potentially ethical risk cause of its clandestine nature

Ann G.

Effective online marketing tool

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

Simple to use and drives conversion better thananything out there

Really not a great tool, "snips" look like spam

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

It can direct traffic from a separate site to my clients in a fairly easy way. customizable CTAs are helpful

Cons

it looks like complete spam, and the character limit is incredibly constraining. i only use this because its the cheapest option

Zach P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for adding call-to-actions for curated content on social media

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Helped boost user traffic and has provided as an extremely useful tool on social media.

Pros

Driving website traffic through external content curation is a unique challenge that Sniply helps solve. The ability to add call-to-actions pointing back to your own website is a great way to drive traffic. Sniply works well with all of the key platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.

Cons

Some websites do block Sniply and to my knowledge there is no work around. This is one limitation to keep in mind if you find that links aren't working.

Michelle C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Sniply: Drive Traffic to your Website

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

In my opinion, everyone should sign up a Sniply account! The free account gives you just enough to start building our traffic in a unique way. We have generated income from the service so we don't mind paying the upgrade plan!
Free Sniply only offers email support but once you sign up for a plan they'll provide you with phone and set up support and invoicing.

Pros

When I first heard of it a few months back, I thought it was just another shortening service. And I already have Bit.ly so I don't feel the need to sign up for another similar service. But luckily a friend told me about this service and how this has helped her to drive the traffic back on her website. After hearing her story I felt a keen interest to take a short trip on how to use Sniply.

Bob S.

Get full use of the main features with a free account!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

I like that I have a lot of options with just the free account. I was able to customize as many snips as I needed to point to different targets and with unique messages.

Cons

You can snip most web sites, but not all so it is good to understand that going into it. Also, I was not able to use my Sniply links with Pinterest. Not sure if that had to do with Sniply being flagged or Pinterest just not allowing redirectors. This is just something to be aware of.

Roy W.

great tool for traffic generation

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Great tool, easy to use and fantastic to generate traffic curated or shared content.

Pros

It's so simple to use. If you are used to bit.ly the call to action button setup is as simple as adding in the page url and snip.
customizable CTAs

Cons

It does not work on some websites like know online magazines or information portals.
Design setup on CTA link is a bit limited.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Mind blowen

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Good so far and will persist with it.

Pros

If you are looking for omnipresence this bit of software is awesome share content across your social networks and when they click on it they see your branding. Currently on trial but think this will be part of my marketing tool bag very soon.

Cons

Just getting you head around how it works and learning how to get your branding on it for different target clients

Simone M.
  • Industry: Textiles

What I think of the Snip li app

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

I found the App practical, and reaches many people, taking our information.

Pros

I liked it because it was advertising on national network news.

Cons

I really liked it and I have no dissatisfaction with the Snip Li App.

Michelle F.

I use Sniply to promote one of my clients.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

I like how easy it is to snip an article, once the snip is customized. I also like how customizable the snip can be.

Cons

It's hard to differentiate click data between clients, from my end it combines the data from all the different snips.

Yonatan S.

Great way to share links and measure them

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

To be honest we don't sniply as often as we should, i wish my content team would make a lot more effort into posting on other sites, to send traffic back to our website.

Pros

The fact that you can promote other websites and connect the users back to your site is amazing,
traceable links with great measurement and a nice dashboard to view the activities.

Cons

The Sniply Customizations are all kinda the same, it would be nice if you can actually shape and custumize the layout as well

Call to Action Button

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

I really liked that if I want to share an article with a client or potential client, I can use my website or others to attach to the article so that they can read the article and then click on the button right away and it will take them to the other website without having to enter it in or anything else. It is VERY user friendly and great for customers.

Cons

The least thing I liked about this software was that it doesn't catch typos.

Amazing CTA for all the links you share

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

We use Sniply for all our shared links. The analytics are super helpful is seeing how effective it is for us.

Pros

This amazing software convert any link you share into a call to action overlay that generates more traffic to you website or offer.

Cons

The only problem with Sniply is the monthly pricing structure. I would definitely recommend the free trial first.

Zach P.

A creative way to drive traffic through curated content

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Snip.ly has allowed us to share valuable content from industry experts on social media while granting us the ability to drive traffic back to our website and include call-to-actions. This tool is a great way to diversify your social media content by sharing others content, but still adding your own personalized touch. It is a great tool to help boost website traffic.

Pros

It's an excellent way to add CTA's to curated and shared content. This helps drive additional website traffic.

Cons

It is worth noting that some websites do block services like Snip.ly, but we've only encountered a few of these.

Justin R.

Such a great idea I don't know why it took so long to get to market!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

The ability to share content that will then provide the opportunity to direct the user to our internal sites.

Pros

The ability to share relevant content and still direct users to registration forms, or home pages of internal sites.

Cons

It is a little pricey for what it is, but when you take into account the potential for monetization, the cost is easily outweighed by the benefits.

Sladjana M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Sniply is an interesting marketing tool that allows you to add a message or a call to action.

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

I use Sniply to advertise my job, so people can click on my message within some popular news to get to the link or my URL and find out more information.

Pros

This marketing service gives you the opportunity to advertise what you want in an original and easy way by inserting a message into a current news item or an interesting newspaper article and sharing it on networks.

Cons

You can only paste brief information. Sometimes there is no big effect.

Mike S.

Easily Add Call-To-Action To Button to Your Links

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

I like using it to drive traffic to my own content even if I'm sharing someone else's link.

Pros

It's as easy as bit.ly to set up a striking call to action on any link that you share.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to adjsut the design a bit more.