Edgar

Social media scheduling, sharing, & recycling tool

4,6
4,1
4,4
4,5
4,7
Alexandra N.
Company size: Self Employed

Great customer support, team and tutorials

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/13

I like the fact that it is definitely a female company, which is something I support. Customer service and courses/tutorials are ace, but the product is a bit difficult to get used to at first. I like that they seem to have finally enabled posting for all major social media channels.

Pros

What is great about MeetEdgar is the human component, really. They get back to you super fast (even if you're on a trial), and have a very active community and many many tutorials. I recently also learned one of their social media courses.

As for the software, once you have the knack of it it has a few useful features like automatically changing titles etc. so you can reschedule old posts. We did stop using it about a year ago or so (right now the account is inactive, but stocked with loads of material). We might use it again for a new project next year.

Cons

It takes a while to understand how to operate the library for non technical people. I am a bit tecchie, so was able to handle it back in 2019. But i assume it is not as easy for less technical people. I found the UX back then- no idea if it has changed in the meantime- quite "dry", and little appealing. Once you have filled your library though, it is basically an evergreen, and quite useful.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Great program, but overpriced.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Edgar is an amazing product provided by a company with a fun and progressive business culture. From their Octopus logo/mascot to their responsive customer service, the Edgar team makes doing business with them a pleasure. As for the product itself: if you want to use evergreen content on your social media accounts, Edgar is an excellent online database that will enable you to keep posting that content, over and over again. It's easy to set up, easy to use, easy to make adjustments to on the fly. Edgar will pull new content from your blog or website via RSS, making it easy to continually add fresh new material as well. If the price were more affordable for solopreneurs, I'd still be with them.

Cons

The pricing. Basically they are gearing this product to businesses that are already capitalized to the point where it makes sense to spend per month on social media management. That's great ' if you're that size. But for solopreneurs like me who have to make every dime count, it's just not good enough of a value to justify the premium price. When other solutions like Social Pilot offer very similar features at a fraction of the cost, it's hard to justify staying with the Octopus. I would strongly encourage Laura Roeder and company to come up with a tiered pricing plan so that solopreneurs, startups and even hobbyists could take advantage of Edgar (even if a "lite" version) but at a more affordable cost. Presumably, as businesses succeed, they would move into the more robust plans, so this should be a smart long-term strategy for Edgar. Anyway, I think a business just needs to carefully evaluate the value. Bottom line: great product, but is it worth it? Ultimately I decided it wasn't.

Eric N.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Lots of value, a few BIG drawbacks

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I loved using Edgar but the main reason I got it was for the Twitter recycling. Now that Twitter started enforcing the stupid duplicate rule, the app lost a lot of value **FOR ME**. If you an create 100 different tweets for each post, then I definitely recommend using it in conjunction with the other platforms.

Pros

**25** social accounts is a huge number to be able to link! Forever recycling saves a huge amount of time and eliminates the need to reload once everything has been shared one time. Previews help you see exactly what your posts will look like. Unlimited number of daily/monthly posts and unlimited library.

Cons

Only one price point--great if you're big but horrible if you're just starting out or have a limited budget. Only 3 networks are available--IG & Pinterest have been "coming soon" for months & YT isn't being mentioned yet. Content auto generator is horrible--it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Dawn M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Made my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

I've been using Edgar for about a year now and I love that it keeps all my content in categories, so I can reuse as needed. It's very easy to set up and it saves me so much time in generating a schedule of content for me. I have not used customer support but I followed Laura prior to her creating Edgar so I feel confident that if I had any issues, her team would resolve them. I pay $49/month and feel that is reasonable for the service.

Pros

Create a schedule of categories to pull from.
Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content.
Keep content so content can be reused at a later time.
Organizes content into a library of categories.

Cons

Unable to post to google+ at this time.
Unable to drag and drop schedule categories to later time slots.

Amel M.

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Its' ok

Pros

I like the fact that Meet Edgar can set the best time to publish for each different type of content that you add.

Cons

I prefer the ever view schedule of Agorapulse, it's more dynamic and visual

Industry: Computer Hardware

A good Social Media automation tool that could benefit from some enhancements

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Great customer service format, and support tools. I appreciate the type of service they want to provide, but could benefit from a few improvements to make it a truly comprehensive social media automation tool.

Pros

Meet Edgar schedules, shares, and recycles posts. While it is a useful tool to help schedule posts simultaneously, there are a number of issues that prevent this from being a reality (sometimes need to schedule on Facebook separately from LinkedIn, Twitter).

Cons

There is no feature that allows you to monitor comments, and other forms of engagements from within the app. This is a critical feature that would be useful in a more advanced community management mindset.

Industry: Financial Services

Great software for scheduling social media posts and maintaining an archive of content.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Reduced time spent curating posts and republishing old content

Pros

I love that Edgar recycles old content. This is the main reason we started using Edgar - it freed up time we usually spent coming up with new posts each week.

Cons

Edgar is ideal for managing one company's social media, but as an agency, we found it difficult to manage multiple clients on a single account you'd essentially have to create multiple accounts, making it more costly than competitors like Buffer.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

One of the best SoMe platforms out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

I'll start by saying I no longer use this platform but will never stop recommending it. It's 100% one of the best social tools I've ever used. The majority of our content is evergreen so works perfectly with a platform like Edgar. The initial set up can be daunting but once you have your library filled you're good to go with a constant flow of content (I thoroughly miss this aspect of the platform). The customer service at Edgar was awesome and I really appreciated how quickly they came out with new features to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape.

Cons

I ultimately closed our account because I needed an easier way to run our social media accounts at events. Edgar doesn't excel at 'real-time' tweets or engagement so I decided to go elsewhere.

MeetEdgar makes social media scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Easy setup and was able to add multiple social media accounts and updates through their calendar, which saved us a ton of time. This was great because I was able to manage all accounts and social updates from one window.

Cons

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheaper plan in place. With so many different options out there for social management, lowering the price would allow for more smaller players to start using Edgar.

Effortlessly manage your long-term social media posts

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful. A few simple schedules set up at the beginning means you can add a post once and then forget all about it, leaving Edgar to do the work.

Cons

It can sometimes be confusing to see what's coming up or view all the schedules at once, plus the price is a little high in my opinion.

Danielle A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Edgar has been a lifesaver for us when it comes to managing our various channels and groups.

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Pros

Edgar has made it possible for us to manage our twitter accounts, Facebook pages and all of our Facebook groups within one system. Having the ability to create feeds for each of these channels and pre-schedule all of our posts has saved us a ton of time, especially during peak launch windows.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we're very satisfied.

Jame E.

Saves me 5 hours every week

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

It has helped me to create more referral web traffic to my business.

Pros

It works with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. It saves me 5+ hours a week. I really like the auto variation feature.

Cons

I wish the Instagram integration was better. Other than that, I really have no complaints and really enjoy using this software.

Zack A.

Saves me hours of work each week

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

It's one and done! Just add your content into the right content libraries and let Edgar do the work of posting the right content to the right place at the right time!

Cons

Maybe more advice and guidance of when is best to post for different social networks could be beneficial

Nicole L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Edgar has been a great addition to our business.

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Efficient use of time, way more social media engagement

Pros

It's a huge timesaver- building a library of content for social media posts and being able to schedule them based on categories is awesome. The newer additions of setting times for initial posts and expiration dates is a helpful feature as well. I've seriously saved several hours a week with Meet Edgar's automation.

Cons

At the beginning, setting up your library of content is time consuming- but once you've built that library it's a big timesaver over the long term.

Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Handy-dandy re-scheduler

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

I am huge on recycling content. Afterall, it costs time and money to produce, why not leverage continuously? Edgar helps us do that by organizing posts by category and then going through and re-posting content. I love how it helps us get more out of our content investment.

Cons

Not a con for edgar, but more of a watchout for future users - Make sure you stagger your content as much as possible. You don't want to spam it and see diminishing returns too early.

Tracey M.
Industry: Building Materials

There is nothing I do not like about this software

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

I switched from hootsuite and never looked back. Saved time, saved money. Makes planning social media a pleasure again.

Pros

It has made planning social media posts a dream and being able to keep and maintain evergreen posts perfect. I love the categories, the RSS feeds and so much more. The preview mode is excellent also.

Cons

No reporting, and could be better bulk editing. Nothing else really springs to mind when I think of what I do not like about it.

Megan C.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Meet Edgar - Meet Efficiency!

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

The features make scheduling my social media sooo much easier! Meet Edgar has features I haven't found in other scheduling tools like their catalog of images and the freedom you have with creating your posts and to repeating of posts lets me post to social media multiple times while only having to put the work in once

Cons

Haven't found anything I didn't like yet.

Mandy J.
Industry: Publishing

Went with a competitor

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Although I contacted customer support about the issue and they fixed it the same day, I had already found a competitor that was within the same price range with a 30-day free trial without needing a credit card and the addition of competitor analytics.

Pros

The ability to schedule evergreen posts with autogenerated variations for intro text. Semi-free trial. Friendly customer service.

Cons

I had some issues with my 2-week free trial, in that they requested a credit card number and the amount I was to be charged in the future was incorrect (I had clicked through a promotional link, but the promotional price wasn't applied).

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Construction

An easy way to get evergreen content scheduled and running

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Helps get a regular cadence of posting when you're short on time

Pros

The interface is very simple to understand with no tutorials or extensive training in order to get started or train newcomers

Cons

Not able to tag companies or individuals in planned content makes it hard to want to use this as a native posting station

Casandra B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

I like that I can manage my Instagram account and my Facebook accounts under one interface. It has made it easier to search through my posts.

Cons

The pricing. I feel there should be more price options for buying this product.

Elesha J.

I use this weekly for clients

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

I love that I can repost within the same week which greatly cuts down on amount of writing I have to do.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software. I prefer it compared to its competitors that are in same price range.

Started out using this software, but have since switched to a similar platform.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Strongly appreciate the fact that this software will auto post for you vs having to manually post each time.

Cons

Some components weren't as user-friendly as I would like them to be, but overall the software functions efficiently.

Mario R.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Recycle your social media campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

It allows you to recirculate your own content and easily add new content to drive more traffic across multiple platforms.

Cons

The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Media Production

Must have software

Reviewed on 2019/06/02

Pros

Very Good value for the price. I love the ability to app up to 25 accounts. Great for keeping track of my accounts.

Cons

The initial account set up is very time consuming.

Good Social Media Management Option, But Pricey

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

The ability to create a post once and easily reuse it again in the future.

Pros

The best thing about Edgar is that your posts are saved in your post library to be reused later. Then you can re-use them again in the future, including setting up an automated schedule using categories to automate your posting from your library.

Cons

Edgar is super pricey! You can only post to Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin - no Instagram. And you cannot manage online conversations (comments, retweets) from within Edgar.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10