edgar

Social media scheduling, sharing, & recycling tool

Eric N.
  • Industry: Accounting

Lots of value, a few BIG drawbacks

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I loved using Edgar but the main reason I got it was for the Twitter recycling. Now that Twitter started enforcing the stupid duplicate rule, the app lost a lot of value **FOR ME**. If you an create 100 different tweets for each post, then I definitely recommend using it in conjunction with the other platforms.

Pros

**25** social accounts is a huge number to be able to link! Forever recycling saves a huge amount of time and eliminates the need to reload once everything has been shared one time. Previews help you see exactly what your posts will look like. Unlimited number of daily/monthly posts and unlimited library.

Cons

Only one price point--great if you're big but horrible if you're just starting out or have a limited budget. Only 3 networks are available--IG & Pinterest have been "coming soon" for months & YT isn't being mentioned yet. Content auto generator is horrible--it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff.

Sam E.

Brilliant software

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Just an excellent piece of software. It has helped me schedule our social media posts really efficiently.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My time saving friend

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

It can easily handle sharing of documents, social media sharing and management

Cons

Can’t tag individuals and that is most challenging part

Alexandra N.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great customer support, team and tutorials

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

I like the fact that it is definitely a female company, which is something I support. Customer service and courses/tutorials are ace, but the product is a bit difficult to get used to at first. I like that they seem to have finally enabled posting for all major social media channels.

Pros

What is great about MeetEdgar is the human component, really. They get back to you super fast (even if you're on a trial), and have a very active community and many many tutorials. I recently also learned one of their social media courses.

As for the software, once you have the knack of it it has a few useful features like automatically changing titles etc. so you can reschedule old posts. We did stop using it about a year ago or so (right now the account is inactive, but stocked with loads of material). We might use it again for a new project next year.

Cons

It takes a while to understand how to operate the library for non technical people. I am a bit tecchie, so was able to handle it back in 2019. But i assume it is not as easy for less technical people. I found the UX back then- no idea if it has changed in the meantime- quite "dry", and little appealing. Once you have filled your library though, it is basically an evergreen, and quite useful.

Great software for scheduling social media posts and maintaining an archive of content.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Reduced time spent curating posts and republishing old content

Pros

I love that Edgar recycles old content. This is the main reason we started using Edgar - it freed up time we usually spent coming up with new posts each week.

Cons

Edgar is ideal for managing one company's social media, but as an agency, we found it difficult to manage multiple clients on a single account you'd essentially have to create multiple accounts, making it more costly than competitors like Buffer.

One of the best SoMe platforms out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

I'll start by saying I no longer use this platform but will never stop recommending it. It's 100% one of the best social tools I've ever used. The majority of our content is evergreen so works perfectly with a platform like Edgar. The initial set up can be daunting but once you have your library filled you're good to go with a constant flow of content (I thoroughly miss this aspect of the platform). The customer service at Edgar was awesome and I really appreciated how quickly they came out with new features to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape.

Cons

I ultimately closed our account because I needed an easier way to run our social media accounts at events. Edgar doesn't excel at 'real-time' tweets or engagement so I decided to go elsewhere.

Zack A.

Saves me hours of work each week

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

It's one and done! Just add your content into the right content libraries and let Edgar do the work of posting the right content to the right place at the right time!

Cons

Maybe more advice and guidance of when is best to post for different social networks could be beneficial

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Handy-dandy re-scheduler

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

I am huge on recycling content. Afterall, it costs time and money to produce, why not leverage continuously? Edgar helps us do that by organizing posts by category and then going through and re-posting content. I love how it helps us get more out of our content investment.

Cons

Not a con for edgar, but more of a watchout for future users - Make sure you stagger your content as much as possible. You don't want to spam it and see diminishing returns too early.

Megan C.
  • Industry: Design

Meet Edgar - Meet Efficiency!

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

The features make scheduling my social media sooo much easier! Meet Edgar has features I haven't found in other scheduling tools like their catalog of images and the freedom you have with creating your posts and to repeating of posts lets me post to social media multiple times while only having to put the work in once

Cons

Haven't found anything I didn't like yet.

Mandy J.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Went with a competitor

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Although I contacted customer support about the issue and they fixed it the same day, I had already found a competitor that was within the same price range with a 30-day free trial without needing a credit card and the addition of competitor analytics.

Pros

The ability to schedule evergreen posts with autogenerated variations for intro text. Semi-free trial. Friendly customer service.

Cons

I had some issues with my 2-week free trial, in that they requested a credit card number and the amount I was to be charged in the future was incorrect (I had clicked through a promotional link, but the promotional price wasn't applied).

• Industry: Management Consulting

An interesting and fun social media scheduler

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Pros

Easy to use, an abundance of useful features.

Cons

Not much that I’ve come across yet, except for price.

Edgar is a simple social media tool that will help you post social updates at the best times.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

I liked that you were able to schedule a number of different topics per day, depending on how you set up your social media posts. With each post, the newer posts get sent to the bottom.

Cons

Pricing could be better. It also seemed to duplicate posts at times. I wish it had a feature that would recognize duplicate posts by URL or copy.

Rino S.

Social media made easy

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

I used Edgar for a couple years and found it easy to use with multiple benefits. The only negative is we found Edgar to be falling behind with features that are already available from alternative providers.

Good for what you need

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Great! Gets the job done and it's a one stop shop for all your social media channels.

Pros

Great at posting content across various social media channels. One stop shop for social media content curating.

Cons

For the price I would want more features and less limitations.

MeetEdgar makes social media scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Easy setup and was able to add multiple social media accounts and updates through their calendar, which saved us a ton of time. This was great because I was able to manage all accounts and social updates from one window.

Cons

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheaper plan in place. With so many different options out there for social management, lowering the price would allow for more smaller players to start using Edgar.

Effortlessly manage your long-term social media posts

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful. A few simple schedules set up at the beginning means you can add a post once and then forget all about it, leaving Edgar to do the work.

Cons

It can sometimes be confusing to see what's coming up or view all the schedules at once, plus the price is a little high in my opinion.

Dawn M.

Made my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

I've been using Edgar for about a year now and I love that it keeps all my content in categories, so I can reuse as needed. It's very easy to set up and it saves me so much time in generating a schedule of content for me. I have not used customer support but I followed Laura prior to her creating Edgar so I feel confident that if I had any issues, her team would resolve them. I pay $49/month and feel that is reasonable for the service.

Pros

Create a schedule of categories to pull from.
Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content.
Keep content so content can be reused at a later time.
Organizes content into a library of categories.

Cons

Unable to post to google+ at this time.
Unable to drag and drop schedule categories to later time slots.

Jame E.

Saves me 5 hours every week

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

It has helped me to create more referral web traffic to my business.

Pros

It works with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. It saves me 5+ hours a week. I really like the auto variation feature.

Cons

I wish the Instagram integration was better. Other than that, I really have no complaints and really enjoy using this software.

An easy way to get evergreen content scheduled and running

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Helps get a regular cadence of posting when you're short on time

Pros

The interface is very simple to understand with no tutorials or extensive training in order to get started or train newcomers

Cons

Not able to tag companies or individuals in planned content makes it hard to want to use this as a native posting station

Casandra B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

I like that I can manage my Instagram account and my Facebook accounts under one interface. It has made it easier to search through my posts.

Cons

The pricing. I feel there should be more price options for buying this product.

Jennifer M.

User friendly social media manager

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Helps with scheduling, work with multiple platforms, great to keep consistency, can be used by multiple people

Cons

Doesn't have all of the features that all of our platforms have so I still need to use the actual platforms

Sarah E.

Great marketing automation software, saves me so much time by recycling my content

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

It's easy and simple to use, well designed and aesthetically-pleasing. No "feature bloat". It saves me tons of time.

Cons

I would love the ability to tag pages in posts, emoji support in the textbox, and for Edgar to work on Instagram.

Amel M.

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Its' ok

Pros

I like the fact that Meet Edgar can set the best time to publish for each different type of content that you add.

Cons

I prefer the ever view schedule of Agorapulse, it's more dynamic and visual

Danielle A.

Edgar has been a lifesaver for us when it comes to managing our various channels and groups.

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Pros

Edgar has made it possible for us to manage our twitter accounts, Facebook pages and all of our Facebook groups within one system. Having the ability to create feeds for each of these channels and pre-schedule all of our posts has saved us a ton of time, especially during peak launch windows.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we're very satisfied.

Started out using this software, but have since switched to a similar platform.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Strongly appreciate the fact that this software will auto post for you vs having to manually post each time.

Cons

Some components weren't as user-friendly as I would like them to be, but overall the software functions efficiently.