MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

Cheryl M.

Great Product! Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

This takes care of answering service for all my multi-site communities, plus texting and/or email blasts to residents is a great plus, the package app is a wonderful tool although we've stopped taking packages temporarily due to COVID-19, we will start using it again once this is over.

Pros

I've had CallMax/MRI on my multi site properties for years, I love the option of texting and emailing blasts to residents and pricing is very reasonable. I like the automated answering service too. Customer Service is great, any issues either I or my managers have had is always handled quickly.

Cons

Can't think of anything I dislike about it.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you so much for your excellent review, Cheryl! We are ecstatic to hear you love our Callmax product and are able to use all of its functionality to its full potential! We look forward to many more years together!

Melissa N.

New User

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

The customer service is great. The program works for our daily Housing Authority needs.

Pros

It's simple to use and you can find things pretty easy. Entering applications, making rent payments, along with work orders are easy to do. Still learning what all the program has to offer.

Cons

Notes in tenant files should be easier to find under Occupancy. Receipts shouldn't be numbered unless posted the payment-it renumbers when you "X" out (hit a wrong button etc.). A small video tutorial for new users that can be sent when setting up logins-auto sends?

Response from MRI Software

Hello Melissa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review MRI Software! We are glad to hear you enjoy our customer service and user friendly platform. Thank you for your feedback on the tenant files! We will pass your suggestions along to the team!

A must-have for residential real estate

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

So many features! I'm a numbers guy, so my favorite feature is definitely the robust reporting. I can always stay on top of property performance and cut the data however I want. The challenge is making sure that data gets where it needs to be (making sure the team inputs it in a timely manner)

Cons

It still feels a bit dated from our resident's perspective. They're used to using apps like Uber, Lyft, Instagram, etc. with great UX and a modern feel. MRI still feels "dated" in comparison.

It's also very expensive. We think it's worth it for our needs, but we definitely have to have a conversation every year when we're planning our budget.

Danny P.

MRI Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

easy to use.

Pros

User friendly. System support is excellent.

Cons

Aged delinquency report processing time is too long.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Danny,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some words about our software. We're happy to hear you love our support and enjoy our user friendly interface! We will follow up with you regarding your aged delinquency report as we take this feedback seriously.

Jordan P.
  • Industry: Accounting

mri

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

All together I like using MRI and it has everything you need right at your fingertips!

Pros

You have all your information on one software that is easy to search. within seconds you can go from editing vendor information to entering a payment.

Cons

The software has everything you need but the way you correct and change information is very outdated.

Response from MRI Software

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review Jordan! We are thrilled that we were able to earn a 5-star review from you!

We would love the opportunity to address your feedback regarding the process by which you change and correct information. Feel free to contact me or your account rep and we will make sure your feedback is considered for upcoming product enhancements.

Rosa G.

Been using this software for more than 20 years very user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Automation, structure, speed.

Pros

Modules are very easy to use. Admin role is very straight forward especially for user security. Able to fix quite a few things behind the scenes through SQL.

Cons

WEB side a bit cumbersome not as fast as the windows. Budgeting module lacking needed reports. Recoveries module not as user friendly as the rest of the software.

Marlene M.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We maintain all our property accounting records in MRI and run all our property reports from MRI software.

Pros

the accounting is targeted for commercial real estate

Cons

complexity of some features especially the budgeting and forecast modules.

Omikka C.

Efficiency at it's BEST!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

Ease of use, great way to track Accounts Payable, vendors, 1099s, invoices, etc.

Cons

Customer Service is a bit difficult, but once they finally find your account information, they are most helpful.

Lexi S.

MRI

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I love how easy the software was to set up and how seamless it is

Cons

I do not like that sometimes I do not hear the messages left

Kadi D.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Accounting Assistant Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Overall, i like MRI - i just think it could be more modern.

Pros

Researching items is easy due to the multiple filters and fields you can use to narrow down the results of your search. Being able to sort items by column also makes it easier when doing large bank reconciliations.

Cons

The look of MRI software is very outdated. It is also very easy to put something in the wrong period (ie 2081 rather than 2018) but it is very hard to fix a mistake like that. It would be nice to have more prompts to warn you before making some mistakes.

Response from MRI Software

Hi Kadi,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We're glad that finding items in the platform is easy for you!

We're always looking for customer feedback to make the product even better. Could I kindly ask that you reply so that I can get you in touch with the right people on our team to get your feedback? That type of constructive feedback is incredibly valuable to us!

Thank you for being a client!

Tenille L.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Taking the next step in productivity

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Overall, I am very pleased with MRI. It has streamlined our processes and protocols. We are much more efficient.

Pros

The software makes it easier to see our company as a whole. With multiple entities it was cumbersome to continuously jump back and forth between opening company files. Everything now is just a click of the button. I have real time data to work with and it has made my team much more productive in our daily tasks.

Cons

The implementation was not the best. The training process was a little difficult with doing things via web training, etc. I feel like there is so much more that MRI can do for us that we do not know about. I learned about certain items from other webinars since our implementation and have had to go back and set them up on my own. The trainers also do not have accounting knowledge so when you ask something accounting related it sometimes gets lost in translation.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Tenille,
Thank you so much for taking some time to leave us a stellar review! We are very happy to hear your are pleased with our software an enjoy our user friendly interface. We take your feedback regarding training seriously and will be in contact with you and your team to better serve you as a valued partner! Here's to many more years working together!

Herb D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

MRI Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

We use MRI for AR and Budget and Forecasting the product allows us to store and capture data at the tenant level and roll-up the data to accounts before we transfer to the General Ledger.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use we do encounter turnover and we are able to bring train users very quickly. MRI does allow for customization we do require customizations to meet the needs of our business. Also the support required for MRI is minimal compared to other options.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting enhanced currently we use other 3rd party applications for reporting because the standard MRI reporting does not meet our needs.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Herb,
Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear our Budgeting and Forecasting software serves your needs and is easily customizable. We would love to address your concerns regarding reporting and will circle this back with the team to ensure you have a better experience moving forward.

Patricia B.

Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Good product for office and retail properties.

Pros

Very user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons

Customer support is slow sometimes and there are a few glitches that never seem to get cleared up but you can usually find a work around

Response from MRI Software

Hello Patricia,
Thank you for taking some time to leave us a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you experience with MRI over the last couple years has been superior and you find our product to be user friendly! We take your words regarding our customer support very seriously and will circle around to ensure your experience is nothing less than perfect moving forward.

Rhiannon D.

Change is scary - but sometimes you just have to leap!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Over the course of 12 years and major changes on the MRI side - things haven't always been sunshine and rainbows but I have to say that MRI listens to its clients. They don't always get things right in the beginning but they have always taken our feedback and used it to evolve their offerings. We have worked with a number of other 'industry-leading' software companies and have never had the kind of interactive experience we have had at MRI.

Pros

We migrated from DOS based proprietary software in 2008 to a combined MRI/BostonPost platform. Change is scary and difficult but our experience during implementation was amazing. The implementation team walked us through each area to make sure our end result was exactly as we wanted it!

Cons

Growing pains have been the only real negative issue - but that is expected when you have been with a company that is constantly evolving for 12 years! MRI has a laser-like focus on constantly bringing the software to the next level, but we aren't always ready to level-up so we can see the new tools available but aren't quite able to use them yet - and that is really a reflection of our company, not MRI.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for the extraordinary review, Rhiannon! We appreciate your partnership and honest feedback. As you mentioned in your review, we are constantly trying to improve based on our clients needs and we are ecstatic to know you've seen it first hand. We will continue to be here for you and your team and look forward to the journey together!

Melissa P.

Manage Your Investments - The Right Way

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Pros

I love that MRI Software allows your to be the owner of your own product. As an Admin and End User, you are in control of the way your data is updated and portrayed even to 3rd party investors. The software allows you to customize and choose your own modules and experience.

Cons

Due to the ever growing nature of MRI's business, there are always updates and new modules to implement or test. While this is exciting and change is inevitable in any software, it can also be overwhelming and chaotic/rushed at times.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Melissa,
Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you love the flexibility our software provides and they ability to customize of our software to fit your needs! We hear you loud and clear regarding the ever-growing nature of our business and will take your comments to improve this.

Louise G.

Has MRI acquired too many companies

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

MRI acquired a number of Housing Authority software companies. We still are using the software we originally purchased (HAB Inc.) until the new platform is rolled out. The support has been excellent. I have been told the new platform is user friendly. MRI allowed us to change our contract to the same time period as our fiscal year.

Cons

New software package will not include payroll. Sounds like we need to pay for or do business with another company for payroll. I doubt MRI will reduce annual cost to make up for the loss of a program that we are receiving and paying for with the current software.

Billing detail could be clearer.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you so much for taking some time to review us, Louise! I am happy to hear support has been exceptional. We are excited to have you on board!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

I have had consistently great customer support from MRI going all the way back to 2004!

Pros

MRI Software is highly customizable using the built-in toolkit. Integrations are easy to manage using built-in or custom APIs. The ecosystem is very flexible based on your needs, anything from a single server to a large multi-server farm or setup your environment with the MRI SaaS services.

Cons

Multi-database support can be a little challenging. Software updates are always system wide.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for taking some time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have been with us since 2004 and have enjoyed our great customer support since then! Thank you for mentioning our flexible ecosystem and highly customization platform. We look forward to another 16 years working together!

Kelly T.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

My Review LOL

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

We use MRI for our Housing Data Base. I have found it to be extremely helpful, and the tech support team is absolutely amazing.

Pros

I think its very user friendly. I wish it were a little easier to navigate between different sections. It would be awesome if we in occupancy and were able to jump over to that tenants TARS page, instead of having to do a search in both.

Cons

My least favorite part is the utility allowance module. It isn't very user friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Kelly,
Thank you for your outstanding review and ratings!! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased overall with our platform and we certainly appreciate the feedback you provided below! We are constantly looking for ways to improve for our customers.

Angela O.

Easier than previous answering service!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It's nice not having to turn the answering service on and off every morning and evening or anytime I leave the office. I also love that it gives the caller a choice to help direct their call to whoever will be able to address their concern or answer their question through a message. I like that we can send a rapid response without having to call every person back in the event of a maintenance emergency.

Pros

I like that I can set it up in advance and schedule who will be notified when a call comes in and that it's automatically going to answer rather than me having to turn it on and off every time I will be out of the office.

Cons

Some of the features were confusing at first but I was able to play around and figure it out with some use.

Teresa C.

Everything I need right at my finger tips!

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

MRI is a great management software, but lacks things I was looking for like self teaching tutorials.

Pros

I have a variety of reports available to help me track rents, delinquency, budgets, and much more.

Cons

I feel you must have training to fully use this software, it is not self learner friendly.

Response from MRI Software

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for giving us a thoughtful review! I'm happy to hear that the reports have the flexibility you're looking for.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the training resources you need. We have a variety of training options available that I'd be happy to connect you with.

Could you please email me at [email protected] and I will point you to the correct resources?

Denise O.

Pros and Cons of MRI

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I have been using MRI for 15+ years. I find it to be very dependable and is growing with the industry

Pros

MRI software is user friendly. It oesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but the basics work. Other products that have all the bells and whistles fail with the basics.

Cons

Report design is difficult, tutorials are not helpful. MRI support is very slow to respond and could take weeks or longer for a resolution.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Denise, thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoy our user-friendly platform. We appreciate your feedback regarding support and tutorials. We will be in contact with you and the team to remediate this.

Ashley H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

MRI GREAT SOFTWARE FOR FINANCIALS AND RECORD KEEPING

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Overall, i have been using this software for years. The updates keeps you on trend with what you need to know and making your life easier for accounting and record keeping.

Pros

MRI is user friendly and easy to learn. There are many different was to use the software from accounting to record keeping.

Cons

Some of the functions that you think will work for you, don't always do what you want them to do. This can make things more time consuming and complicated.

Peggy F.

Boston Post Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

program does what it is intended for.

Pros

Product is very user friendly for the end user.

Cons

Program has several instances that could be minimized by the number of steps it takes to get to the end.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Peggy! We appreciate you taking the time to leave some kind words about us! We are happy to hear you enjoy our user friendly platform and your feedback on the product. We will circulate it back to the team!

Great Tool for Collections and Work Orders

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

The update has really made it easier to use/access. It has dual functioning for rent collection, past resident rental record, vacancy, integration with leasing systems, and work order management.

Cons

It's difficult to learn for new users on the admin side. There's always a report I want to pull but it's not an available report in the system.

Haley W.

MRI is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Amazing! I can schedule appointments and follow ups, keep notes on my residents, pull reports, and keep up with my properties numbers for everything!

Pros

MRI allows my property to keep up with prospects, current tentants, and their accounting. The reports you are able to pull with this software enables you to find out anything you need to know about our property!

Cons

MRI can be tricky to learn as far as the different codes and pages it has; although, once you have it, you can’t live without it!