Pastel Reviews

Pastel

Sticky note-based feedback collection tool for live websites

4.6/5 (12 reviews)
Justin page W.

Saves Tons Of Time For My Team & My Clients

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pastel's team is extremely responsive. Our clients jumped on Pastel immediately when we sent them the tool. No downloads, no installations. Other tools confused our clients with trying to download and install the program. You just jump on Pastel and start clicking - and it starts working. Saves our team probably hundreds of hours of work per month!

Pros

I spent weeks looking for the easiest tool that my clients can use to get feedback. Our clients are often in their 50s and 60s, and not super tech savvy. Plus, our clients our business owners, so they have limited time. Ease of use was top priority. After looking at over 10 other options, Pastel was clearly the most simple and easy to use.

Cons

The features are pretty limited, but this can be a good thing because we don't want our clients to get overwhelmed. I think a couple extra features such as marking tasks "In Progress" as well as allowing our clients to see that edits are "In Progress" would be a huge benefit. Clients get confused on which tasks were done and which are still being worked on, so that leads to a lot of confusion right now.

Deenadayalan M.

Pastel

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

easy to keep accurate record

Pros

easy to use
easy to learn
very helpful for small business

Cons

reports generated for Pastel not very user friendly however this is mitigated through excel export function

Easy to use, helpful tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Great tool and a huge lifesaver when collecting feedback on web content. Will be using for a long time.

Pros

Pastel's claim to fame in my mind is how easy it is to use. It's really REALLY easy to pull in a website and begin sharing it for feedback with others. The interface is pretty straightforward which means no need for training or looking up how to do things.

Cons

When you start going above 30-40 comments on a single project it starts to get really unwieldy. The preview text for each comment isn't enough to be able to distinguish most of the time. I find that I end up opening up multiple comments looking for a specific one (and often re-opening the same comments erroneously) until I find the right one. It's a little nitpick but would be nice if they would make it easier to navigate comments.

Alessandro P.

The best tool out there to manage the neverending tweaking of existing websites

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I've launched a website, and the minute we moved away from InVision I knew I needed a robust fedback system to carry on collecting the collective input in my organisation. So I found Pastel, which everyone found really easy to use. Customer support is also really well managed: I had an idea for a feature to be added to Pastel, and after recommending it to the product team via chat, this was implemented in no time.

Pros

If you work with websites and need a place to share the ongoing flow of feedback and comments to request features, suggest enhancements, push requests to your developers, nothing beats Pastel. Forget links on Slack, sharing screenshots on Basecamp, or lenghty emails with vague descriptions of issues found on some page/subsection/pagagraph.. Use Pastel to pin comments right where needed, and those in charge of making the changes will be able to find all of them and reply to your comments or mark every suggestion as resolved.

Cons

The software is in its infancy, so I'm sure more can be done in the future, such as integration with prototyping tools and reporting about the issues.

Novel & functional

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

A great bridge between client, dev, and designer
Great to have guest option

Pros

Offers a new, very specific way to interact within a team and provide feedback
Great for small updates
Super useful that it's not a website copy, and the comments/pastel interface is a frame or layer on top of this

Cons

Would be great to be able to post thumbnail pictures or other visuals in comments, especially for websites
More of user error/habit, but continuous feedback could distract from making greater progress - I think they've address this with the ability to pause feedback
Sometimes could be a little slow, and some toggling between views/functionality was not totally intuitive in the beginning

Rhett B.

The missing link between client and builder!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Impeccable experience. Super smooth and couldn't be simpler to integrate into your project feedback workflow. Trello export was the cherry on top.

Pros

Throw out your old revision processes. This delivers feedback better than any other service.

Cons

A couple more options for managing pages

Pastel-ease

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Overall, we love it. Clients love it too.

Pros

It's a super simple interface. Even clients that are not so tech-savvy can figure it out.

Cons

A few missing features. For example, couldn't review slide pages in mobile.

Kris A.

Great collaboration tool for web design

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Awesome so far. Need more experience to prove much more feedback.

Pros

Simple and to the point. Easy for the end user to use and make sense of. Feedback can be a complex thing and these guys have made a great tool for a reasonable price.

Cons

Didn’t work as well as expected on mobile for IOS. The devs said they are working on it though.

Pastel Makes my life as a web designer easier

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Overall, Pastel has been fantastic software and it makes my life much easier.

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload multiple websites to Pastel and quickly share the sites with my clients and receive their feedback this makes building their sites easier.

Cons

In the beginning it was difficult to get setup because there were some compatibility issues with my hosting provider, Sitegroung. This was quickly resolved by the Pastel and Siteground team and now the software works seamlessly.

Creative feedback platform

Reviewed on 2018/07/08

Pros

A really cool way for me to keep all my feedback organized. This helps me further improve on what my costumers need. Easy set-up & use.

Cons

The free 14 trial is great but they just need a free option period. All software should offer a free version even if it has less features.

Perfect

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Ease of use. Pricing model is good also.

Cons

Nothing really. I think everything works as it should.

Gareth J.

Good Concept But Seems to be Bugs

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Easy to use and share and clients like the format, the branding and overall interactions are slick

Cons

There seems to be a lot of bugs so far with the product and how it interacts with site scripts, I've even had to put up different versions of the site in order to get it to work

6.0/10