Pastel Reviews

Pastel

Sticky note-based feedback collection tool for live websites

4.5/5 (20 reviews)
Tatenda C.

Pastel Accounting Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Automation has resulted in our business processes becoming seamless, the reduction and reliance on paper for reconciliation and reporting has been heavily reduced. In time you see that it has a huge cost bearing on stationery and time wasted having to do it manually. Reports are now available at the click of a button and because they are pre-defined its just a matter of updating amounts and the system will auto generate the rest. This even enhances our service to our customers as invoices are sent on time and correctly, there is no need to keep on capturing data that can otherwise be static data captured and saved just once. Our customers making queries with their accounts are able to get a detailed statement and any outstanding invoices immediately which can then be integrated with emails. The efficiency Pastel offers cannot be taken lightly and it has integrated all departments on that one solution, making all business processes gel in that one solution. Sales can generate quotes, Admin can pay suppliers, Techs can log jobs and print bill of quantities of what is required for a job and accounts sends invoices for payment and reconciles payments received. All this is possible on one platform and this value is immense.

Pros

1) The system is highly secure and uses most of the security features found in high security software's like banking softwares.
2 It connects easily with bank account ledger which allows for real time update on the flow of cash and funds.
3) The automation of the software provides for efficient accounting even for a beginner and this reduces reliance on an accountant or having to look for someone to manage your books.
4) The software allows for backups and encryption of data which is key in Data retention and security in most IT policies for corporates.
5) Data storage and retention can stretch upto 5 years without hanging when running the current processes.
6) You can sync and create a seamless flow of quotations, invoices and purchase orders which are easily available at your fingertip by just filtering and searching.
7) The solution allows for customer relationship management as it retains data of customers, suppliers created.
8) The ability to add extra functions and modules as per request.
9) Multi user licensing with different profile levels which allows for segregation of duties and limiting of users roles for junior level users.
10) Now offers a cloud based version which increases the efficiency of being able access the solution securely anywhere.

Cons

1) The software is not highly customizable and this reduces the ability for it to be a custom fit software for any business environment.
2) Lacks a report writer that allows a customer to generate or design a report they might need.
3) Highly reliant on external and consultant support to resolve issues, which makes it costly in terms of the support fees to be paid by a corporate or individual using the system.
4) Implementation and setup of the system tend to be long and you will need a lot of help setting it up which also goes back to the cost factor.
5) The need to customize the software is of huge importance and this does not come easy with Pastel.
6) The application based solution is highly dependant on a good network connection and this can be a hindrance to organizations with average network connectivity as it tends to freeze, stick or hang.
7) The training is long and intensive and during this period the solution is prone to so many errors as compared to doing it manually and doing what you are used to.

Victoria C.

Accountants use Pastel

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Overall Pastel is great, its easy to use, its reasonably priced. It makes you cover work efficiently, and its spreading like wildfire in all organisations.

Pros

it works for almost any accounting issues, from doing the normal daily receipting, to doing my month end reconciliations, my balance sheets, payroll, to maintain and keep a safe soft record of transactions and for audit checks . Its easy to use, just a little training and you are good to go, it accommodates huge data, and its compatible with almost any laptop or desktop machine.

Cons

There is so much on pastel, if you dont really take time to learn, you might never completely utilize the software effectively.
Software setup is not something you can really do on your own, however there is always an active pastel team that makes sure you get all you need setup until you are good to go.

Tj C.

Pastel Makes Website Revisions A Breeze

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Overall, I have been very pleased and impressed with Pastel. I use it every day and it has saved me hours on our website revision process. The Support team has been stellar as well, always willing to make a change or update if needed. I would definitely recommend Pastel to anyone looking to streamline their revision or mark up process.

Pros

I really like that you are able to comment directly on the live site. With our previous revision process, we had to keep Google Docs explaining each revision from the client but with Pastel, the clients can leave their revisions right on the site itself so it is much easier for our team to understand and make the revisions.

Cons

Whenever we embed a Google Maps iframe, it never shows up in Pastel and certain fonts are missing as well. This something causes confusion with our clients about whether or not something was completed.

Prince M.

Pastel the big brand

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

The software however works perfectly well given the various reports forms that are available that can be customized to meet individual needs

Pros

I have used Pastel for quite a long time and it has so and i have seen it has become a big brand in Zimbabwe . I have seen that almost all state Universities are using pastel.

Cons

however it has the disadvantage that we can still not fully the multi currency system using the software

Justin page W.

Saves Tons Of Time For My Team & My Clients

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pastel's team is extremely responsive. Our clients jumped on Pastel immediately when we sent them the tool. No downloads, no installations. Other tools confused our clients with trying to download and install the program. You just jump on Pastel and start clicking - and it starts working. Saves our team probably hundreds of hours of work per month!

Pros

I spent weeks looking for the easiest tool that my clients can use to get feedback. Our clients are often in their 50s and 60s, and not super tech savvy. Plus, our clients our business owners, so they have limited time. Ease of use was top priority. After looking at over 10 other options, Pastel was clearly the most simple and easy to use.

Cons

The features are pretty limited, but this can be a good thing because we don't want our clients to get overwhelmed. I think a couple extra features such as marking tasks "In Progress" as well as allowing our clients to see that edits are "In Progress" would be a huge benefit. Clients get confused on which tasks were done and which are still being worked on, so that leads to a lot of confusion right now.

Faith G.

newbie user

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

quick extraction of information when needed. creation of invoices is very fast.

Pros

its easy to use especially with large amounts of data. one is able to detect errors faster

Cons

You need to study its use for it to be efficient. a layman can not easily understand

Deenadayalan M.

Pastel

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

easy to keep accurate record

Pros

easy to use
easy to learn
very helpful for small business

Cons

reports generated for Pastel not very user friendly however this is mitigated through excel export function

Easy to use, helpful tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Great tool and a huge lifesaver when collecting feedback on web content. Will be using for a long time.

Pros

Pastel's claim to fame in my mind is how easy it is to use. It's really REALLY easy to pull in a website and begin sharing it for feedback with others. The interface is pretty straightforward which means no need for training or looking up how to do things.

Cons

When you start going above 30-40 comments on a single project it starts to get really unwieldy. The preview text for each comment isn't enough to be able to distinguish most of the time. I find that I end up opening up multiple comments looking for a specific one (and often re-opening the same comments erroneously) until I find the right one. It's a little nitpick but would be nice if they would make it easier to navigate comments.

Alessandro P.

The best tool out there to manage the neverending tweaking of existing websites

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I've launched a website, and the minute we moved away from InVision I knew I needed a robust fedback system to carry on collecting the collective input in my organisation. So I found Pastel, which everyone found really easy to use. Customer support is also really well managed: I had an idea for a feature to be added to Pastel, and after recommending it to the product team via chat, this was implemented in no time.

Pros

If you work with websites and need a place to share the ongoing flow of feedback and comments to request features, suggest enhancements, push requests to your developers, nothing beats Pastel. Forget links on Slack, sharing screenshots on Basecamp, or lenghty emails with vague descriptions of issues found on some page/subsection/pagagraph.. Use Pastel to pin comments right where needed, and those in charge of making the changes will be able to find all of them and reply to your comments or mark every suggestion as resolved.

Cons

The software is in its infancy, so I'm sure more can be done in the future, such as integration with prototyping tools and reporting about the issues.

Novel & functional

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

A great bridge between client, dev, and designer
Great to have guest option

Pros

Offers a new, very specific way to interact within a team and provide feedback
Great for small updates
Super useful that it's not a website copy, and the comments/pastel interface is a frame or layer on top of this

Cons

Would be great to be able to post thumbnail pictures or other visuals in comments, especially for websites
More of user error/habit, but continuous feedback could distract from making greater progress - I think they've address this with the ability to pause feedback
Sometimes could be a little slow, and some toggling between views/functionality was not totally intuitive in the beginning

Caio N.

Time saving machine!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Time saving, simple, easy and efficient.

Pros

Its really great the way UsePastel works. Everything is so clear, simples and efficient! I can guarantee that with Use Pastel we saved many hours per week for us and our clients. Now my clients can tell us what they want to change in the website, and we can understand them! Perfect!

Cons

could have some other features, like "archive" feature and some "finish button" and warn administrator the user finished his feedback.

Clay O.

Good Product

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

The ease of use and the accuracy is great, I recommend it.

Cons

The limited function can sometimes become an issue.

Rhett B.

The missing link between client and builder!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Impeccable experience. Super smooth and couldn't be simpler to integrate into your project feedback workflow. Trello export was the cherry on top.

Pros

Throw out your old revision processes. This delivers feedback better than any other service.

Cons

A couple more options for managing pages

Pastel-ease

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Overall, we love it. Clients love it too.

Pros

It's a super simple interface. Even clients that are not so tech-savvy can figure it out.

Cons

A few missing features. For example, couldn't review slide pages in mobile.

Kris A.

Great collaboration tool for web design

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Awesome so far. Need more experience to prove much more feedback.

Pros

Simple and to the point. Easy for the end user to use and make sense of. Feedback can be a complex thing and these guys have made a great tool for a reasonable price.

Cons

Didn’t work as well as expected on mobile for IOS. The devs said they are working on it though.

Pastel Makes my life as a web designer easier

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Overall, Pastel has been fantastic software and it makes my life much easier.

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload multiple websites to Pastel and quickly share the sites with my clients and receive their feedback this makes building their sites easier.

Cons

In the beginning it was difficult to get setup because there were some compatibility issues with my hosting provider, Sitegroung. This was quickly resolved by the Pastel and Siteground team and now the software works seamlessly.

Creative feedback platform

Reviewed on 2018/07/08

Pros

A really cool way for me to keep all my feedback organized. This helps me further improve on what my costumers need. Easy set-up & use.

Cons

The free 14 trial is great but they just need a free option period. All software should offer a free version even if it has less features.

Amazing too for website QA

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Super easy to use, love the desktop vs mobile view

Cons

I mean a tablet view would definitely be useful too as things stack differently

Perfect

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Ease of use. Pricing model is good also.

Cons

Nothing really. I think everything works as it should.

Gareth J.

Good Concept But Seems to be Bugs

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Easy to use and share and clients like the format, the branding and overall interactions are slick

Cons

There seems to be a lot of bugs so far with the product and how it interacts with site scripts, I've even had to put up different versions of the site in order to get it to work

6.0/10