appear.in Reviews

appear.in

Video conferencing for remote teams

4.6/5 (45 reviews)

hasn't changed in the last 24 months - but still great

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

It's a great product for power users but some more conveniences as mentioned would make it irreplaceable. Don't focus on embedding software - screensharing can show any software, it doesn't need to have native support.
Ambient noise is a problem for new users so 'mute' training is something I have to administer to the 20+ people who have adopted on my recommendation.

Pros

Single click start and better video experience than skype. Re-instating YouTube 'play together' is a highlight

Cons

simple fixes/changes as suggested 24 months ago haven't occurred:
- 'v' key to toggle video feed like the 'm' key
- a sound indicator on someones window to show they are broadcasting sound (will help detect/identify ambient sound)

Rafael F.

Nice, easy to use (still some work pending)

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

We are very plased with this tool, the only concern is that they are charging a lot now for every new functionality.

Pros

Is really easy to use, for us it was the key to migrate to appear.in

Cons

Has come troubles with new camera configurations, and when I have 2 o more webcam connected.
The same with heaphones. I have my laptop connected with Bosse Quitecomfort Bluethoot, another Bluethoot speakers and plgged headphones and thats causing troubles.

Isabel S.

amazing tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

Pros

The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

Jarred P.

Great Meeting Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

We utilize this software for remote working employees and it has made a huge difference in the ability to save travel time to the office.

Pros

No downloads and works first try in your browser. We use it internally on a daily basis. We also have special rooms that we use for customer meetings.

Cons

There is no option to pay for call in support. Internally we don't require this, but some customers don't have computers with microphones that work etc., and it would be useful for them to be able to login to the meeting to see our screens but call in for voice.

Douglas I.

Making my life easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I use it multiple times per day. Our entire team has become accustomed to using Apprear.in as our central meeting location. We were using Hangouts prior and this has become much more efficient. My connection quality is as expected 99% of the time & outside users gain access without hindrances. As you can see I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use, simple for low tech users, fast for our team, centralization, no user accounts or logins

Cons

I have to search for items, no real cons. Switching between small and large rooms can confuse some users.

Catherine B.

Makes meeting online easy!

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

Love appear.in and using it with Fit Armadillo clients. In the past other technologies kept people from engaging in our services due to the complexities of having to log in. Appear.in has been wonderful for our clients and staff and made things easy!

Cons

There can be many different types of technology and settings and sometimes the basic tips don’t help all users. Not really appear.in’s fault though!

Bob B.

Lots claim- intuitive - appear.in delivers

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Its cool and works really well and we can see how that will only improve ..

Pros

Easy of use and robust stable delivery

Cons

Inbuilt CMS and automated appointment text and email notifier

Sheena M.

Decent quality

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

I really like appear.in. I use it every day for work and can have up to 12 users at a time on it. Sometimes it can go down for no known reason and it takes a while to come back up, but that doesn't happen very often . Overall it's a great product!

Pros

EASE OF USE
ACCESSIBILITY
CAPACITY
Screen record
Share screens

Cons

SOMETIMES IT'S NOT DEPENDABLE
quality of video

7.0/10
Geoff C.

Great Free Video Chat

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/06

I use it to meet with remote contractors often and have never had a speed or quality issue. It is lighter weight than google meetings and requires no registration. This is my go to meeting software for small teams.

Pros

I like that it runs on linux. I like that it is free, and creating a free room actually gives you a static url. I have been using the same url for various meetings for over a year. I recognizes my camera and usb headset no problems in chrome, and the screen sharing extension works out of the box. The Eula isn't crazy and there are not ads.

Cons

There is a four user limit for the free tier, but I have never hit it. I really haven't seen a downside to this software in over a year.

Tobias K.

can be hard to get clients in

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

Its simple, nothing needs to be downloaded or installed, when you're meeting with a lot of different people frequently this is important

Cons

it could be simpler. my biggest issue is that I meet with many people who are not tech savy, and have trouble joining my meeting, I would ideally like a big "join meeting now" button on your main websites home screen when users without accounts can simply click and type in the name of the meeting theyre joining

Mitch B.

Video meetings have never been easier

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Very happy with Appear and will continue to use it in my businesses and personal life.

Pros

Appear is extremely easy to use, and 99% of the time it just works without a hitch.

Cons

The new pricing plans are a bit of a downgrade from what we were previously experiencing as pro users, but it's still tremendous value.

Online video conferencing is now simple.

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

For a small and midsize team, it is a perfect solution. Register and get a room link and with your room link, anyone can join your meetings. I like the simplicity of the app and the minimalistic design.
The chat function helps when sharing links or documents within the meetings.

Pros

After registering I got a link for my room and that's it. I shared a link with my partners and it took all of us to a 4 windows video conferencing window. I am using a 3g link, and the video quality is good. The lag for video transmission is less than 2 seconds which is equal to any pro alternative.
The free plan supports 4 users at a time and one room which is just enough for me. Good quality and minimal lag make meetings more productive and less confusing.

Cons

The sound sometimes gives a static unbearable sound when using a USB microphone.

Nathan R.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

It's so easy to load - it's like an actual virtual conference room. People can come in and out as they please. The connection is great

Cons

Sometimes you have to restart when you get to larger sizes of people/rooms but it's rare.

Jose M.

Great tool for distributed work

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

We use it every day for daily meetings - a distributed team - and frequent room meetings on demand.

Pros

Very easy to use, and with some options when bandwidth is not good (suppress camera, Pro rooms)

Cons

Lack of a Windows app as an optional feature

Ingo N.

Amazing service for little money

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Team video conferencing with named meeting 'rooms' without the installation of any software is what I have been waiting for for a long time.
This product is awesome and works like a breeze with our international team.

Pros

Super easy to use, no installation, team sizes and the relatively inexpensive pro plan.
Naming meeting rooms.

Cons

on mobile (iOS) it does require the app and does not always work well in the browser

It's my go-to tool for calling

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

We have a lot of meetings during the day because our team is distributed. Appear help us managing those meetings with no effort!

Pros

It's super simple! You share a link and that's it. No downloads no gimmicks no account, it's just what I need in the very moment I want it. I love it.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches on Firefox but, aside from that, I believe it's close to perfection.

Lajos C.

Great for organizing meetings online

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/28

We have used appear.in to interview candidates online. The interview went well and we were able to hire new team members who are great additions to our team.

Since then, I've recommended the platform to others for solving such issues and their feedback was great, too.

Pros

The best about appear.in is its ease of use - to join a meeting, participants just have to open the link to the room that has been created and that's it. There's no need to sign up!

The audio and video quality is excellent and the screen sharing works well for organizing online interviews with candidates etc.

Cons

I didn't find a way to save my details (that is, my name) so I wouldn't have to enter it again whenever I join a meeting. (Or, if there's already such a feature, it's not obvious where to find it.)

Brian C.

Huge Fan of Appear.in

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

It amazes my clients when I set up a room just for them, branding the background for their company. It really makes them feel special.

Pros

I have been using appear.in when it was in its infancy. It has always been a reliable, stable way for me to have working video calls.

Cons

I've been really happy the entire time and don't really have anything I don't like about it.

The tool for making videocalls easy

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Appear.in is great for remote teams is kind of a virtual lobby for everyone.

Pros

The biggest pro of appear.in for me is the ability to set a URL, that makes soo easy to join calls and reduces the hassle of sending complex links like the ones used in google meet.
We use it in our workplace as a lobby, since we are remote and its great people jump in and out with out even thinking about it.

Cons

Sometimes the software fails, and can't join the calls, it's not often but definitely something to consider. Also the capability to block users should be available, sometime you don't want to have anyone join the conversation.

Flavio A.

Great for remote collaboration

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Having tried a number of different tools over the years, appear.in is by far the best video conference tool, allowing us to collaborate with clients and remote members of our team.

Pros

With no requirement for plugin downloads or companion software on your computer, appear.in allows you to immediately start video meetings by simply sharing a link. The screen sharing functionality works extremely well and allows you to choose something as specific as a single tab in your browser to be shared with other attendees.

Cons

Mobile calls are good but not as reliable as desktop, unless you download an app.

Marcus M.

I love it

love it

Pros

simple, great quality, easy to use. to make it short: best online meeting system available right now

Cons

sometimes users cannot​ be heard at all, a complete restart of the call is required

Jeroni V.

Free way

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/11
Review Source

Pros

Appear give me a free way to get meeting rooms instantly. Without a compromise to get an account. Free use with a clean dashboard that give me the just features I need. No more.

Cons

The limit participants on a meeting is a little bit little. And I think recently down. I can't write cons more because this software is build just for this features. no more.

Dyer R.

Useful

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

I run a Table Top RPG stream through twitch. using appear has been the best solution for audio video that I have found. most places are too resource intensive, unstable or dont provide the right integration with my streaming software.

Pros

it handles audio and video data very well, better for my purposes than just about anything else i tried.

Cons

I wish that you could lock an order of camera for the software so that if people drop and reconnect they return to the same place/order they were in when they dropped.

Calvin C.

Amazing software, super easy to use even for non techie

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

This help my small team meeting easy as I can easily show them my screen, anywhere and connection is super smooth.

Pros

This is SUPER and I mean SUPER easy to use. Is just like going to a website. Type in the URL and you are done.

Cons

Desktop and laptop experience are amazing. Only thing is if I use my cell phone I DO need to download the app, and also cannot share the screen. On phone if look at other people shared screen it look a bit awkward until you hit that minimize button

The Go-to for free, easy video conferences

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We use appear.in any time we need a quick, easy and convenient video conference, especially where we have users who aren't very tech savvy in the meeting.

Pros

Super simple setup, screensharing, works on pretty much any device out there. Custom room links are a plus. Control options for public/private. Loads up right in the browser, no software to install.

Cons

Sometimes the site requires a reload and glitches out, but very rare. Just nitpicking, otherwise I can't find much not to like with the Free tier.