4,5
4,8
4,6
James M.
Industry: Education Management

I thought it was better than it was

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/06

It has to be worked on. The idea is nice and neat, but the competition is far better. Start by organizing the screens on the panel, cut off the mic automatically if the participant go silent etc.

Pros

I liked the simplicity. Reminded me of the initial versions of Skype.

Cons

When I subscribed, to be able to bring more people into the room, it was messy, there was no way I could organize the screens like I do when I'm using Zoom or Skype. Suddenly, my webcam wasn't visible for the participants. I admit that there was a lot of emails exchanged to try and solve the problem, but it was never solved. By that stage I had paid over 70 pounds for the subscription, and decided to cancel something I could never use. No money back was offered.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Josué L.
Industry: Human Resources

Terrific tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

It's been a great ride so far.

Pros

It's been really easy to set up an interview between our clients (hiring managers) and the candidates, you don't have to ask for Skype users and go back and forward with emails sharing that information, you only have to set up a "conference room" and share that link, that's it!

Cons

It's almost perfect, I just wish there's some chrome extension or email/calendar client plug-in to make it even easier.

Isabel S.
Industry: Human Resources
Company size: Self Employed

amazing tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

Pros

The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

Uroš Z.

As easy as it can be

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

The key selling point of appear.in is surely its one-click magic. You just have to click on the link and that's it - you are in and have already started video conferencing. This is the most important thing when you want to interview lots of users for your product research, and don't want to bother them installing third party software.

Cons

It can be buggy sometimes, sound will not work properly on occasion, but nothing too serious.

Catherine B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Makes meeting online easy!

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

Love appear.in and using it with Fit Armadillo clients. In the past other technologies kept people from engaging in our services due to the complexities of having to log in. Appear.in has been wonderful for our clients and staff and made things easy!

Cons

There can be many different types of technology and settings and sometimes the basic tips don’t help all users. Not really appear.in’s fault though!

Bob B.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Lots claim- intuitive - appear.in delivers

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Its cool and works really well and we can see how that will only improve ..

Pros

Easy of use and robust stable delivery

Cons

Inbuilt CMS and automated appointment text and email notifier

Paulo D.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for videoconferences and daily use

Reviewed on 2019/12/01

Great alternative to Skype and the like as it's faster to enter in a custom room and begin talking with quality video.

Pros

appear.in (now Whereby) has always been my go to site for quick video conferences. When I showed my supervisor how easy it is to create a room and begin talking with quality video, he got totally surprised. Also it allows for screen sharing and room customisation (link, background, everything). Custom rooms can even be restricted.

Cons

Too bad they've limited the Free plan so much, and changed the way some sites like Focusmate use it. Apart from that, I don't have much else to say, as it works like a charm.

Ingo N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Amazing service for little money

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Team video conferencing with named meeting 'rooms' without the installation of any software is what I have been waiting for for a long time.
This product is awesome and works like a breeze with our international team.

Pros

Super easy to use, no installation, team sizes and the relatively inexpensive pro plan.
Naming meeting rooms.

Cons

on mobile (iOS) it does require the app and does not always work well in the browser

Marcus M.
Industry: Financial Services

I love it

love it

Pros

simple, great quality, easy to use. to make it short: best online meeting system available right now

Cons

sometimes users cannot​ be heard at all, a complete restart of the call is required

Nir Z.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great tool for Video conference

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I think whereby is a great tool tool for video conference.

Pros

Whereby works on all of my devices, and it’s great for video conference with my colleagues overseas. The option of sharing slides is amazing.

Cons

It is too easy to join other groups by mistake. Someone could hump in to a call by mistake, and that’s a bit uncomfortable.

Ted W.

easy, convenient but Chrome required

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

- easy to use
- very stable and almost no trouble for connection

Cons

- Chrome recommended (I want to use this with Safari)
- little difficult to recognize which account I am logging in

Manuel alejandro C.
Industry: Chemicals

Best long distance meetings

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/19

It is an excellent platform for remote meetings with the best video quality I know, it has allowed me to hold impeccable meetings in various places around the world

Pros

High quality video conferencing with multiple devices, unsurpassed connectivity with little bandwidth usage

Cons

Impossibility to connect users of other platforms or applications

Cenk C.
Industry: Research
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Smooth video conferencing

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It is one of the smoother, in-browser vide conferencing platform.

Pros

The video quality as well as video conferencing feature.

Cons

I had seldom encountered problems of microphone not working, especially when running on Firefox.

Eddy F.
Industry: Wholesale

Whereby Connect you and your team fast and easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

I like these services because I can create one unique link to share with family, friends, and coworkers, with this just enter the link and you are instantly connected. I will add some sort of approval by the admin to join the meeting.

Pros

This service it is easy to use, it is very fast and consumes little to none resources for the machine and connection, I've used it with connections less than 1Mbps of internet speed and I still can share screen and video (not the best quality) but it works. A great option for meetings.

Cons

I can't see any cons just yet. Maybe the interface is too simple (for some people) but I choose performance over graphics any time of the week. (Maybe: One con would be that any person with your personalized link can access to the meeting)

Luca stefano S.
Industry: Computer Software

Wonderful if you can stay in the free version

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

It's easy to use and there's no explanation needed when you invite a customer to your room, plus I love the fact that you have your custom room url.

Cons

The limit of 4 people is really tight and forces you to upgrade. Since when I decided to leave it, they integrated a better pricing plan that allows to pay for the room instead of paying per user and that's much better.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Simple, Solid, Effective Product.

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Facilitating really solid communication via a remote needs. We were on Zoom for a while but realized its just too complicated for what it offers.

Pros

The ease of use of Whereby is the best part of it. No downloading software, no adding extensions, no asking people to install anything. Everyone can join in really simple. It really helps connecting with clients quickly and efficiently.

Cons

There's not much to dislike, the simplicity of it makes it that easy. Sometimes the connections are spotty.

Douglas I.
Industry: Sports

Making my life easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I use it multiple times per day. Our entire team has become accustomed to using Apprear.in as our central meeting location. We were using Hangouts prior and this has become much more efficient. My connection quality is as expected 99% of the time & outside users gain access without hindrances. As you can see I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use, simple for low tech users, fast for our team, centralization, no user accounts or logins

Cons

I have to search for items, no real cons. Switching between small and large rooms can confuse some users.

Peter P.
Industry: Computer Software

Great for customer interviews and support

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/04

As part of my job I often get on a call with customers to learn more about their usage of our application. Whereby (previous appear.in) is a great and simple way to quickly and in a no-hazzle way interact with the customer. It allows both them and me to share our screen, which is a great way to 'see what they see'.

Pros

Quick and in no-hazzle set up, easy to share link with whoever and quickly get a screen share/cam session running. Most often runs smoothly. Doesn't require any plug-in or installs, simply runs through browser.

Cons

Having a free tier that allows up to 4 users in a unique url session, it's hard to complain about anything in this tool. It has lots of competition, and internal company conversations is typically achieved by zoom or slack in our company. But for getting on a call / screen share with a customer, whereby is a preferred solution for us.

Natasha A.

Reliable video conference meetings

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Great free solution for speaking either clients

Pros

Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

Cons

Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

Mitch B.
Industry: E-Learning

Video meetings have never been easier

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Very happy with Appear and will continue to use it in my businesses and personal life.

Pros

Appear is extremely easy to use, and 99% of the time it just works without a hitch.

Cons

The new pricing plans are a bit of a downgrade from what we were previously experiencing as pro users, but it's still tremendous value.

Industry: Design

It's my go-to tool for calling

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

We have a lot of meetings during the day because our team is distributed. Appear help us managing those meetings with no effort!

Pros

It's super simple! You share a link and that's it. No downloads no gimmicks no account, it's just what I need in the very moment I want it. I love it.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches on Firefox but, aside from that, I believe it's close to perfection.

Brian C.
Industry: Design

Huge Fan of Appear.in

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

It amazes my clients when I set up a room just for them, branding the background for their company. It really makes them feel special.

Pros

I have been using appear.in when it was in its infancy. It has always been a reliable, stable way for me to have working video calls.

Cons

I've been really happy the entire time and don't really have anything I don't like about it.

Brandy M.
Industry: Retail

Great for groups of four or less

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Pros

It's easy use is simple to figure out you can invite your employees the video conference w you can create your own personal URL and share it It gives you work space let you chat you can have conferences, do interviews, use your instant messaging customize your brand and your group can have community forums it has great privacy settings and there's users community for them, you can make your own conference live share your calls and use your tools to call I love that you can customize link is best for groups with 4 people or less you can also just set up an icon and you sure can easily join in without him login

Cons

The video and audio quality definitely needs some work they're not the best quality they can be slow as they can drag they can crash

Joe D.
Industry: Entertainment

Simple, aesthetically pleasing, and aptly functional.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Great, simple, and smooth.

Pros

Easy to jump in and get started. Short learning curve for the less tech savvy team members.

Cons

Limited features. Would love to see private messaging added I can remind my business partner key points to hit without interrupting the flow of the meeting. Would also love to see the amount of users in a room increased.

Industry: Education Management

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

All good.. easy to use...

Pros

Easy to use.. I have limited IT skills but I can easily navigate this system

Cons

I have issues when I share my screen, the screen multiples