Google Forms Reviews

Google Forms

Create custom forms for surveys & questionnaires

4.7/5 (3261 reviews)
Aaron L.

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities.

Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this.

But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Jonathan M.

Google Forms offers quick and easy data gathering, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Google Forms allows us to do a wide variety of information gathering and control, from gathering data from clients to requesting task completion within the team.

Pros

Google Forms has an incredibly simple interface for building and sending questionnaires that takes little to no expertise in data gathering. Anyone can use it if they take the time to read the tooltips and know how to use a mouse. It also connects form responses to a Google Sheet that can be shared with team members, which allows for incredible flexibility in terms of use.

Cons

Really it's only missing a handful of features that I'd like to see. The two big ones are: First - No ability to gather repeated answers to a question such as asking a specific set of Name/Date/Parentage questions for dependents that allows for any number of answers based on the number of dependends the form-filler has. The Second is that the controls for specifying which page to show or questions to ask is somewhat limited - basically you can only choose to redirect to a page based on a multiple choice question's answer. I would much rather it just set up a flagging system that allows you to specify "Do not show this question unless question #3 was answered False" or "Show Page 5 at the end of the questionnaire if questions 4 and 5 were both True." and similar. But without that, there's a lot less room for control over the data you're gathering which leads to omission of certain questions that don't fit the structure of your questionnaire well, or leaving an important question as optional because it doesn't apply to everyone.

David W.

Easy, free and fun

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I enjoy using the product as a quick and easy to implement data collection tool. The data can be written to a Google Sheet which is also very accessible. The product is free through individual accounts and also available for paid hosted domain accounts. I like that users can fill in multiple forms. Access to forms can be set at multiple levels from a certain individual to the public. You can also preview your form before setting accessibility for anyone.

Pros

The feature set is good enough that Google Forms can be used for a variety of useful purposes: surveys, feedback, tests and quizzes, and much more. The platform is also supported by a wealth of plug-ins. Note, not all plug-ins are created equal. Read the ratings carefully. As with all plug-ins, you end up having to give some access of your form and account information to the developer. For some purposes it may not be appropriate to share with a third-party. Google forms supports the most common types of questions: multiple choice, true-false, yes-no, fill in the blank, text boxes, and also the ability to add attachments. It also has a simple analytics function built-in for analysis of your results.

Cons

Google really does not offer a great deal of support for this particular product other than their webpage “how-to” guide although additional support can be found from third parties on YouTube and other places. Web customization of the form is also a bit lacking. You can choose from a handful of the games and attempt to match a color scheme to your web environment, but that’s about it. There is no ability to control fonts, display size, orientation, etc.

Nimal P.

To make your survey efficient!

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

When I was an Information technology student, I have created many google forms to my university projects. We had to gather user experience about some software and applications to find bugs. Also for final year research also we had to create a google form and collect data from job seekers. Also we have submitted a lot of google forms not only for friends but also for university academic purposes.

Pros

If you want to gather information regarding something, may be contacts, may be attendance for an event or anything you simply have to do a survey. You have to use a form to gather information you want. Google form is a survey administration app powered by Google. No matter what information you need collect, you can do it much easily using google forms. You just have to create your own form and send it to the audience you are interested in. In other words, it is a free online tool which allows you to collect information defiantly.
Using this you can create surveys just in few minutes. They will be attractive and professional.
To start working with Google Forms all we need to have a google account and good internet connection with a device. We can access the forms using smart phone or tablet also.
The most important thing I have seen is, there are various designs so that we can choose the design and colors according to our preference and according to our business need.
Interface is very user-friendly. Anyone can understand and start working with this easily.
We can just drag and drop form elements and organize them accordingly. Also we can preview our survey before sending it to our audience.
After sending, it will store the feedback we get and then we can analyze the result. It is also very important.

Cons

It is a must to have internet connection to make or answer a google form.
Customization is limited.
There may be some security concerns since it is online.

Google forms makes it easy to gather complete and consistent information from others

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

It has helped me gather data from hundreds of people at a time and made it easy. No more hassle trying to get their info. Also, i can gather consistent data too. I love google forms.

Pros

I love that Google Forms allows me to set up a list of questions that can be sent to people when i need to gather complete and necessary information. Instead of having to hassle with a million emails, texts, and phone calls, i can create one form and just message the group a link. Once they click they just answer the questions and automatically their responses get dropped right into a spreadsheet along with a timestamp of when they submitted it. I get notified if i want of responses and even some analytics on the data gathered.

Cons

When dropping responses into a spreadsheet, Google forms by default adds a new record to the next line it remembers dropping the last record into. The only thing i don't like about this is that i will use the same form link each month and sometimes for old months delete the data just to clean it out. Well this leaves a bunch of blank rows because the form will keep adding records to the row it last left off on. Not a big deal. I could always just reassign the form to another clean sheet each month and i think that would work just fine too. Or copy the form and do the same thing. I also wish that you could change the order of your column data that is attached to the form. It feels like you need to give thought to your form question order so that the spreadsheet columns are in the logical order you were thinking. Again not too big a deal cause you can easily reorder and then create a fresh sheet associated with a form. But if you've been using a form/sheet combo for a while it'd be nice to not be stuck with the column order you started out with. Maybe others have a solution for this and i just haven't figured it out yet. Also, I wish that you could attach a form to start collecting data to an already existing spreadsheet you already have columns and data for. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it'd be nice to just maybe have a form created based on the column titles from an existing sheet. None of these things is a problem though, just features maybe Google could add.

Katie L.

Quick and Easy for Internal Communications

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Google Forms is a quick and easy way to collect and share information internally. It's user-friendly and even those in our organization who aren't particularly tech-savvy can figure it out quickly. Its limitations from a branding standpoint mean we'd only ever use it for internal purposes, but its upsides outweighs the downsides for our use case.

Pros

Since our organization uses Google G Suite, Google Forms is a no-brainer for internal communications use. As a small higher educational institution (a theological seminary), we have multiple instances in which we use Google Forms: for example, for organizing community events; getting feedback from faculty, students, and staff; submitting daily announcements and so on. The results are easily shared with all the stakeholders who need to see them, and just about anyone in the organization can create a Google Form in five minutes.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest downside is the inability to customize the look and feel of the form. While you can embed the form in a webpage, most of our staff members don't know how to do that (nor do they have the access to do so, even if they did!). This means that in the vast majority of cases, the forms don't look branded to our organization. That's why I specified that it's great for quick and easy internal communications uses. We would not use this for external communications, nor would we use it for high-level institutional communications, because those need to look more professional. For when we do use it, however, it works great.

Liam S.

Start here but don't stay here.

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

Google Forms can be a great solution depending on how you're looking to use it. We've used it for feedback surveys, event registrations, simple polls and more. The integrations to Google Drive, Sheets, etc. are great and really make it a compelling first stop if you need to get into the survey world.

Pros

Google Forms is a light form building software that's just right if you're getting started and don't have anything too serious to do. We are able to use it effectively as part of our organization's G Suite, but honestly find Typeform to be the more comprehensive solution for surveys and user-friendly data collection. To Google's credit, they have improved Forms since it first launched with more robust analytics options and ways to view the data you've collected. And it is a huge plus that it integrates so smoothly into our G Suite. You can easily see the data on the back end automatically saved to your Google Drive. Depending on what you're looking to do, this is a great place to start. But if you need to pursue more complex form building, don't plan to stay here forever.

Cons

There are only a handful of starting templates and customizations to make your form look different from any other Google Form out there. That has been a frustration for us, though it can be overcome by using custom designed images as headers and customizing background colors, etc. If your Form is going wrong, it may be that you didn't design it well, so you should always test the survey before sending it out. Make sure your required questions, answer options, and question types are in order and not conflicting otherwise you'll only create frustrations and headaches for your survey takers. I would say Google Forms doesn't have a ton of cons but that doesn't mean every form you build will be perfect right off the bat. But before you blame the software, check on how you're using it.

Excellent for surveys, forms, and integration withing Google Sheets

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Benefits include survey creation (which is really easy), answer management, and automatic graphs and charts based on the data I receive.

Pros

Surveys are easy to make: Google saves you time by making the survey easy to make. From dragging and dropping questions to assisting with creating question and answer formats, it is a simple software to use.

Lots of features: Google offers lots of features for creating a beautiful and useful survey. You can change the layout and design, which makes the survey look professional. There are lots of options for types of questions to ask (multiple choice bubbles, multiple choice check boxes (plus an "other" short answer field), long answer fields, short answer fields, etc.).

Survey data is pushed out into a Google Sheets spreadsheet: Like other Google software, the integration into Google Drive is very important to me, and Google Forms is no different. It pushes your data into a Google Sheets spreadsheet with timestamps when you receive answers to questions. I have set this up in the past to combine multiple spreadsheets to combine information from a survey I have created into another spreadsheet. Lots of cool features if you know your way around Google Sheets as well, but this is really only for advanced users.

Notifications: You can set up auto email notifications when you get survey responses. Only do this if you've thought through how many emails you want to receive a day (or have them automatically go into a different folder in your inbox).

Cons

At the time that I used this software the most, there was no way to integrate pictures into the survey itself. BUT, I understand this has changed since then, so this makes this software basically perfect in my books for my uses.

Ho'omana nathan H.

Best free data collection tool by a long shot

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I started out using Google Forms for data collection in online research because it was free and easy to use, and it served me well for awhile. However, there are limitations on the types of data you can put on the form and collect which make it less useful for some of my projects, and the data view isn't always powerful enough to look at the data in a way that's useful. However, as a free solution, and for simple data collection, it's great.

Pros

First and foremost, it's free, and it's surprisingly comparable to MUCH more expensive solutions. Google Forms is an outstanding way to easily collect (relatively) simple information and see it in a manageable format (more on that later). Google Forms are pretty customizable, there's an impressive array of options, and it's always developing, which is something Google is almost always good for.

Cons

Google Forms is definitely a good solution for the cost (free), and for smaller projects where you don't need to collect detailed information. We've used it in the classroom for peer feedback, for collecting applications, and for some smaller data collection. However, the way that data is shown really isn't usable for bigger projects where you need a lot of detail about your data, although it is nice that Forms can put the data into Google Sheets as well.

Kat P.

One of the best kept secrets of Google's platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

As mentioned above, I have witnessed many organizations use Google Forms for various reasons. Examples of this include:
- Small non-profit used Google Forms to take and track food orders for a BBQ fundraiser event
- College researchers used Google Forms to survey participants in a research study
- Large non-profit used Google Forms to track convening attendees
- Small non-profit used Google Forms to track volunteer sign-up, interests and availability
- Small grantmaker used Google Forms to create grant application for prospective grantees

Overall, all of the above were happy with their decision to use Google Forms.

Pros

One of Google Forms biggest advantages is how easy it is to set up. Any Google user is literally only a few click away from setting up and sending forms that gather contact information, RSVPs, event registrations and more.

Forms can be customized and expanded to take on a variety of functions. A few examples I've witnessed include small businesses setting up order forms, small grantmakers creating grants application systems, volunteer organizations using Forms to better track volunteer interests/availability/etc. and researchers using Forms to gather information.

Because it is part of Google, there is no need for additional sign up/set up, like with Survey Monkey. And, best of all, it's free to everyone!

Cons

If you're gathering a lot of information, the form can begin to get a bit cumbersome. To combat this, you have the option to create different sections or pages so it doesn't appear as one incredibly long form.

In my opinion, it is also not as visually appealing as other survey and forms programs. You do have options, however, to change the color of the form, add graphics, etc.

These minor critiques aside, there are not many cons about the program. Overall, it is functional, flexible, and no cost.

Let Forms simplify your information gathering

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Google Forms is revolutionizing the way we collect data in a K12 environment. We are moving as many of our paper forms into Google Forms as possible because of the time savings and ease of use, not to mention printer savings. If you are a Google User, there's not many reasons I can think of to use other companies when it comes to surveying. Google Forms is a nice fit for most jobs.

Pros

Easy to setup. If you want to give quizzes, now has a quiz mode that can assign points to each question automatically and provide an answer key (for non-essay questions). Can embed into a webpage or email the link directly and allow people to fill out the form from the body of the email. Multiple ways to customize the theme and get the form looking the way you want. With 3rd party add-ons like Autocrat, you can generate very nice documents and email them automatically upon form submission. Embed photos and video right into the form. Create multiple section forms.

Cons

Question types are limited--would like to see a few more choices and the ability to create drag and drop questions with multiple answers. The graphs and charts in the responses aren't always the easiest to work with. They used to have a feature in the Google Sheet attached to each Form that would automatically generate a webpage with graphs and charts, but no longer. We miss that feature.

Paul A.

Easiest web form system for any site owner!

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Web forms can be more powerful tools than a simple contact form. As a web developer, I use Google Forms to accept membership registrations, volunteer sign-ups, requests for various services, requests for technical support, and more. Since I also setup G Suits for nearly every website I develop, support for Google Forms is already available and integrated with Google Sheets. Everyone in the organization can access the data submitted through Google Forms and work with that data as necessary to complete their related tasks. And creating and embedding new Google Forms is so easy that everyone soon chooses to use them in their own individual posts to collect information from site viewers.

Pros

Google Forms are easy to create and embed into any website without having to install any third party plugin or write any code. Simply choose your field types and options, copy the embed code, and paste it into any HTML web page or content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SquareSpace, PageCloud, Blogger or any hosting site's builder. All entries are automatically recorded in a Google Sheets document for easy access and you can easily add columns to track responses/statuses or enter notes on each entry. Collaboration capabilities in Google Sheets (G Suites) also make it easy for teams to work with form data simultaneously.

Cons

The lack of multiple column formats is the only con I can think of. It would be nice to layout form fields in multiple columns on pages designed to be viewed in a landscape orientation, or to avoid a lengthy scroll to fill out a longer form when necessary. Perhaps formats that are more adaptable to various screen sizes would be better, especially if you do not prefer to add pagination to your forms.

James C.

Google Forms for Education

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall, Google Forms provide an easy, user-friendly data collection tool. Our pupils find it easy to use when working in their Data-handling sections of Mathematics and Social Sciences. My least favourite thing to do as a teacher is marking and the selfmarking feature of Google Forms saves me enormous amounts of time.

Pros

I use Google Forms mainly to set up class quizzes and surveys. A form can be created quickly with many options for responses such as paragraph, multiple choice, checkboxes, drop-down menus, scales and more. I love the option to make a quiz that self marks responses for you. The integration with Google Classroom to import the results of a quiz is a bonus. Our sports department uses Google Forms to send out match notification and receive responses of student availability. The summary of responses is great to get a good overview of surveys. I find the way that the data can be linked to a Google Sheet very helpful.

Cons

As we share devices in a school. Often our pupils will open the Google Form link and will not see that the device is signed in under another pupil's name. Their response is then recorded under another pupil's login and cannot be imported into Google Classroom. I would love this product to have an auto reminder for those who haven't completed the Form.

Behzod A.

Need online forms? Search no other than Google Forms!

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

I switched my in-class quizzes from paper format to Google Forms and never regret it. During the class I just give my students shortened link to the form and students log in using either their laptops or cell phones. After the class I can easily view quiz results by exporting the results to Google Sheets. It makes grading so much easier, especially if you are coming from paper quizzes.

Pros

Here are the features that I like most:

1) Completely free. No ads, no paid extra features.
2) Automatic survey expiration time and date. You can also manually stop receiving new submissions.
3) You can require authorization or anyone with the survey link can fill out.
4) You can export survey results to Google Sheet with one click. You can also download the results in CSV file, that can be opened using MS Excel.
5) Ideal solution for paper waste reduction.
6) There is online support and discussion forums. Lots of places where you can seek for extra help: stackexchange or Google Groups.
7) All created forms are reusable. If you want to use the same form, than there is no need to create one. Either (i) copy/paste form in your Google Drive or (ii) You can delete all submissions with one click and then use the form again.
8) Your created forms can be viewed on mobile, tablets, desktops. Google will optimize forms depending your using device.
9) I've seen a lot of professional and reputable companies using Google Forms.

Cons

Google forms is already easy to use. But if you want to make more complex forms with different options, then it may require some research and practice. Help topics should provide enough information.

Ananth G.

Forms or surveys - all you need is a Google Form webware!

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

We in the beginning used SurveyMonkey but we found that the experience with Google Forms is much better. In fact, saving data and integrating your Google drive is also seamless. Google knows how to make use of its softwares at its best.

Pros

I think most of us have a Gmail or a Google account. One of the advantages of using Google Forms is - it just takes the authentication through our logged in gmail/google account. Its just as simple as that. Also forming surveys or forms from the webware is simple use of and knowing basic Internet skills. All of the data is saved. In fact we can do some basic analytics out of our answers. Hit your investors or collaborators with a Google Forms created form - get data out of them.

Cons

One of the light disadvantage of using Google Form is, it requires a working internet connection. No offline work is possible with this webware. Also sometimes we feel that the Forms options to customize is less and it could not be possible to create complicated or sophisticated forms out of it.

Thomas C.

Google Forms fits me best

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Organization and time management are a breeze with Google Forms!

Pros

I own a small business and have 3 kids. Carpools and school events keep me busy enough. Then add on all the requirements of running a business. Feedback is essential to be a good dad and business owner. Google Forms is a parent and business owner's best friend.

This week alone I have soccer, basketball, volleyball, choir and carpool responsibilities with the kids. With Google Forms I was able to solicit feedback from soccer parents as we collect money for a team gift. I used Forms to figure out how many rooms we would need for my son's away basketball tournament. I used Forms to collect money for robes for my daughter's choir. It's super easy to get feedback with forms. It's great for surveys but it's even better for organizing and collecting feedback on essential logistical items.

I get most of my feedback from my business using forms as well. Every invoice I hand out or email I send has a link to a survey about my product. I have learned more about my business from the feedback received than any other vehicle. I get real-time feedback that helps me target my audience better and make tweeks to services. Seriously, it's that easy. Forms is my most valuable helper every day.

Cons

Nothing at all. Forms is all encompassing. I use it for everything!

Melodee T.

Simple platform to create surveys, registration forms, and more!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

We run a number of programs which require us to obtain feedback from stakeholders, whether it be event sign up, feedback for coming strategic initiatives, basic surveys on knowledge and attitudes, etc. This has been a great collection tool and collaborative space for team members to offer or make suggested edits and also view responses in real-time without waiting for a status report.

Pros

+ I like that the software is completely free and has many of the features other platforms have
+ The ability to change the format/look of the forms, which is useful when doing a poll versus a survey versus an event registration
+ I appreciate the integration with Google Sheets to auto populate responses
+ In the new format, I like the ability to view individual responses as a page
+ Real-time collaboration

Cons

- I'm still learning the new google forms which has been a change after using the old format for so long, but the look is definitely better
- I'd like to see more logic or if, then options for surveys. I often want to add questions such as "If yes, then" but don't want the respondent to see those if they aren't applicable
- A variety of templates to use based on the type of feedback is being collected, it's good enough given the platform is free. But more variety would be great.

Rahul A.

Easy to integrate & implement with almost every feature for creating surveys and quizes

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

My overall experience is excellent as this tool has become an essential component of my running projects. The collection of data has become so easy and time saving.

Pros

I am running a website of my Educational Institute where I have implemented Google Forms for creating weekly quizzes and site surveys for students and visitors. I must say that the interface of creating forms is so easy with almost every feature you require, either it's multiple type question or single selection, almost every selection is available. No codes, no thinking too much, just prepare the forms and integrate with your project.

The best parts of Google forms are it's flexibility, easy customisation and very user friendly interface. In customisation you can easily convert your collected data into graph sheets for analysing purpose and make use of it to increase productivity. I have even built my custom form tool before but after using Google forms has simply decrease the development time with more than expected outcome.

Obviously! It's the best tool so far for Online form creation.

Cons

As of now what requirements I have for my running projects are all getting fulfilled by this tool and I am not facing any kind of issue in it but I must say that developers should provide some options to customise forms look and feel as most of the forms are so simple. Otherwise there is always a plus point if you are a developer and know web designing to customise the forms using your own innovation. Rest every is handled by Google Forms.

Aubree S.

Easy Survey Program to Use

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Google Forms is a great product that allows me to be able to send out surveys from anywhere being signed into my Google Drive account. You can export them into a Google spreadsheet and analyze the data from just about anywhere since they are saved out on the Google Drive which you can access from anywhere with internet.

Pros

I love the way you can export the results into a Google spreadsheet to be able to easily analyze the results. There is also a timestamp with these results which make timeliness and deadlines easier to make sure they met the requirements. You can export them into a Google spreadsheet and analyze the data from just about anywhere since they are saved out on the Google Drive which you can access from anywhere with internet.

Cons

I dislike the ability to create your own format for the surveys. There is a wide variety of question format options such as short answer, paragraph, multiple choice, drop down or check boxes but you can only choose the pre-formatted options which is great when you are wanting something simple. I am also unsure if you can receive answers anonymously with Google Forms. This is a downfall when you are wanting to get anonymous answers from coworkers or individuals.

Kevin C.

A Robust Forms Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Overall, Google Forms is a solid tool, but it does lack some minimal functionality.

Pros

From surveys to intake forms to everything in between, Google Forms is a very robust tool. Some things I like:
- It's integrated directly with your Google Account
- It's in the cloud, enabling multiple users on multiple devices to collaborate on the same document at the same time.
- Users can submit responses based on their own email address, or anonymously.
- Logic tree function ensures the minimum amount of fields are presented to the user.
- View survey results in multiple ways - from the sum of all results, to individual results, to an exported sheet.
- Easy to access embed code to place forms directly on a webpage.

Cons

The only real cons I've noticed with Google Forms are:
- Integration into other applications can be limited. That is, there is not a native way to submit a form and create a ticket within a third party project management system.
- The design customizations are limited. It's difficult to get forms to be designed in a way that doesn't shout "Google Form"
- There is no way to embed images or videos into the forms.

Rick P.

Powerful, free forms solution with conditional logic

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

It was easy, if time-consuming to set up a complex, interactive form targeted to getting leads and determining their needs with conditional logic questions. Integration with WordPress requires compromises and workarounds, however. If you're not going to need complex forms regularly and WordPress is your platform, better pony up for a premium form subscription.

Pros

I was looking for a free forms solution that allowed conditional logic, essential for creating complex information-gathering questionnaires and surveys from leads and potential clients. At least it was for me.

Google Forms is easy to set up and implement and although there is no native support for WordPress it is possible to embed a Google Form on a WP site with a plugin or an iframe. Or just post a link and style your form to match your site. These solutions aren't ideal but if you don't have the budget to pay for a premium forms subscription, Google Forms is the only way to go.

Although there are are no native integrations with Google Forms, you can integrate a from with other third party apps using Zapier. So you can connect a form to Mailchimp, for example, or also to WordPress. Zapier allows conditional logic as well, so some pretty complex actions are possible. But you will have to pay for a Zapier upgrade.

Cons

Aside from the lack of native integrations with popular software solutions that don't require third-party connections, Google Forms aren't responsive on mobile. A major downside. There are various workarounds to be found on the web, however, all of them a little wonky.

Wulliams C.

One of the many Google software that makes our work much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

This software is one of the ones that contributes to my profession greater empathy and rapport with the users. Every form that I do I do with the firm intention of learning in the interaction with the public in Social Networks, and Google Forms has dramatically increased my capacity as a Community Manager, since there are no better corrections than those expressed by the reading public through your comments.

Pros

Within the functions that I fulfill as a Community Manager, I must recognize the extraordinary value of Google Forms, since I can permanently conduct surveys on the quality of the content I publish, taking as a starting point the comments, the photographs, the elements of research and even , the colors that I use when editing my advertisements.

These surveys or forms that I make are stored in the cloud immediately, giving me a lot of confidence and security since my information is not going to be deleted, besides, it allows me to make these forms in any place that I want since I can handle everything from my smart phone .

Cons

The company Google has simplified and facilitated a lot of my functions in my work, doing what before was quite complex much easier, according to this idea, I have no negative aspects to highlight Google Forms, since I use it regularly and I am quite satisfied with the contributions that integrate my profession.

Paulo D.

A familiar form application that's really easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Despite its cons, been using it for years. It really is useful for some kinds of forms where you don't need a lot of data points.

Pros

Customisable, lightweight, familiar, and really easy to use: there's no best description of it. It's statistics/results page may not be full of data points like some other forms, but it is quite useful alright. Plus, there are a bunch of options to choose from: if it's a text, there are short answer boxes and paragraphs; for choices there are things like checkmarks, multiple choices and dropdown, plus the grid options. And you can set which page to go next depending on the person's answer, too.

Cons

I've had a bit of a bad experience with forms that are to be taken by a lot of people. Unlike other form sites, you cannot see a detailed list with all respondents' names and their respective answers side-by-side (the answers are all shown separately, including the name), so if you need some information on a specific respondent, you have to switch to the individual response view and guess the order number.
There are other things I miss from other forms too, but as this is a free site, I wouldn't say there's much more to complain. It's great overall.

7.0/10

Easy to use for everything you need

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

It's a great tool for work and school, very easy to use, you can create a form just in a few minutes and customize it with your brand or company design elements. The answers are summarized in a Google Sheet which makes it very easy to keep track and work with the data.

Pros

Google Forms is very easy to use! I created several Google Forms and for school when I was doing an extensive research for my college thesis, and I was able to collect all the answers with Google Forms, all I needed was a link to share my research form and I was able to keep track of all the answers. It logs all the submittions on a Google sheet, everything is automated.

Creating a Goofle Form is fairly easy, it gives you multiple options depending on the type of your question (you can select multiple answers, check boxes or write short or long answers). You can even attach photos that shows up as a link on your spreadsheet among the other responses (you can even print the attachments). It really gives you all the questions types you would need for a school paper or work project.

Depending on you settings, you can receive notifications every time someone submits a form. I have been using that function for work, so I am not missing out on any responses.

You can even choose from some designs or create your own, you can customize your form with uploading cover images or logos, which makes the form more professional than the default look. You can also organize you questions into sections and customize the thank you page.

It gives you the option to show a progress bar so whoever is answering the questions know how long it will approximately take them to fill out.

Cons

Design and customization are limited, it would be nice to have more creative, design elements to work with.

Excellent Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I have found that Google Forms is also great for collecting orders, using to gather contact information & email addresses from customers who wish to join my e-newsletter subscription list, sample requests, and for "enrolling" in the birthday club I offer.

Pros

I use Google Forms as a survey tool for my customer's to review my business & services. My favorite function of Google Forms is that the responses automatically get exported to the designated Google Sheets workbook of my choice. I also like that Google will email me when a new response has been submitted through my form! The forms are fully customization and you can personalize the image/color theme on each form. I use my business color theme and logo to customize my forms but there are many pre-loaded images & themes to choose from as well.

Cons

My only complaint about Google Forms is that it has recently stopped emailing me every time someone submits a response. I still receive intermittent email alerts just not all the time like it use to. I'll be contacting their help desk soon to figure out what I need to do to fix this.