Google Forms Reviews

Google Forms

4,7 (10 749)
Create custom forms for surveys & questionnaires

(10 749)

Tony
Tony

Managing Customer Happiness with Google Forms

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Using Google Forms is quick and easy. It's also free, so for companies on a budget you can build fantastic survey forms without having to pay for expensive systems. It's really easy to set up and really quick to deploy.

I highly recommend this service o all my other clients.

Pros

Google Forms makes creating online forms a breeze. We use the forms for multiple purposes, but our main purpose is to collect and collate Customer Happiness Indices. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up a form and we tag it in the signature file of our customer support emails.

What makes it really great is that I can see the individual entries, but I can also get a graphical representation of responses. This allows me to quickly glance over the results if I want a quick synopsis of how my team is doing, or I can do a deep-dive and see what's really going on inside.

Cons

One of the limitations on Google Forms is the lack of templates. This means that your forms can border on the boring. It would be really great if Google would provide more templates, or allow users to build and upload their own CSS templates (a bit advanced, I know), so that the forms fit in better with our corporate customer image.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Price was a big factor. I didn't want to spend money on something and not know what the response for users would be like. The other is that it is really simple to use. It took me less than 10 minutes to set everything up, including adding it to our company signature files.
Henrietta
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Google forms for data collection / analytics

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

Pros

I currently use google forms to gather data / feedback on the projects that I work on, and analyze results to create recommendations for business management. The system is great for data collection, and the user interface is user friendly

Cons

The analytics reporting can be improved, it's not always easy to pull the results into a useable format

Eduardo
  • Industry: Computer Networking

The simplest way to create a form

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

In my case, I have been using this tool for a few months combined with advertising on Facebook and Instagram and the conversion of potential clients has been very good for me, since it is free and it does not matter how many people enter, also that the answers arrive directly to my email and a google spreadsheet is automatically generated with the form data

Pros

Honestly, until recently I underestimated the power of the simplicity of this tool, probably due to the aesthetic issues that are not the strong one but I have achieved a great conversion of clients due to the ease and the free system of this tool

Cons

I would say that the graphic part is what I like the least, as well as the functionalities part, where compared to other tools it has few options in terms of the questions that can be added.

Jotform and forms.app

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

In the forms.app application I found the problem that they limit the number of forms that can be signed according to the version you hire and the price of the plans I consider to be quite high, so I decided to take advantage of the free benefits of google form

forms.app

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I had had previous problems with the amount of forms that could reach me per month due to the payment plans, so I decided to use the free benefits of google forms
Pritha
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

My review about Google Forms.

Reviewed on 2023/12/26

I am using this tool since 2016 and had great experience using this.

I am using this tool since 2016 and had great experience using this.

Pros

Google Forms is my favorite tool whenever it comes to data collection, it's easy to use and have amazing features to create forms. I always use Google Forms whenever I need to collect opinion from other members about something.

Cons

Google Forms is perfect tool. There is nothing to dislike about it.

Karambir
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Build and Customize Forms on a Budget!

Reviewed on 2024/02/19

On the whole, I am satisfied with Google Forms given its cost (i.e., $0) and the ability to expand the feature set and integrate with automation tools like Zapier.

Pros

Being able to build custom forms helped during screening and data collection on multiple research studies.The availability of add-ons to expand on the default feature set is essential.

Cons

The user interface is not as intuitive as one might like. It took time to understand some of the intricacies.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The best survey platform

Has always been useful for me. Both in my career and in my professional career

Has always been useful for me. Both in my career and in my professional career

Pros

It helped me to collect useful data to prove the viability of projects and ideas through the data

Cons

It lacks of features to create a more creative and dynamic survey

Google Form usage

Reviewed on 2024/02/29

Google Forms is a good platform to reach users for their opinions on your products, Using Google Forms helped me conduct a survey and collect real-time data for a particular research

Pros

Good form is very easy to navigatr and straight forward. The questiond asked are very simple to answer, and some of the responses are optional.

Cons

Participating anonymously on the platform.

Laura
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Google Forms are for you!

Reviewed on 2024/02/27

Pros

I appreciate the availability to customize a survey based on what needs we have.

Cons

Sometimes Google forms takes a while to load.

Jae

Super easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/02/26

Pros

Super easy to use, definitely good for surveys and doing polls we used these in class for people to guess answers.

Cons

Can sometimes not work the greatest, sometimes difficult to share with others and get the form up

Maria
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Forms review

Reviewed on 2024/02/27

Google forms is very useful for me. I use it to have contact with customers and find out their satisfaction, praise, criticism

Pros

What I like most is the practicality and diversity of use.

Cons

It does not allow creating a relationship (relational table) between two or more forms.

Chris
Chris

Nice Embedable Forms Used For Event Registrations

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

We have used them for years. They are reliable, and a great tool, especially for being a free product. When you embed them, they are reliable to render in the web page every time. This allows for basic logic flow, allowing us to ask yes, no, other, more... questions which need logic to present the proper questions needed.

Pros

This web form is very nice for small event planning. We use it as a registration form for classes we will be having. It is nice to have the form present cleanly on a webpage, allowing the user to fill in the information required, and then submit it to a Google Doc.

The ability to receive a confirmation email from a registration and also the end user receiving a confirmation with their information is very beneficial. They can then go back and edit, update, or cancel their registration at a later time.

Cons

Compared to Microsoft's Form, which is equally as feature rich, Google forms look a bit toy'ish. It would be nice to be able to customize a form to make it look a bit more professional, and less colorful and playful.

Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Typeform did not offer any actual features that Google Forms could not provide. They did allow for a more customized, professional looking form, but it was VERY expensive. Google's offerings work perfectly for us.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Typeform was expensive, and we were already using Google more over Microsoft.
Daniel
Daniel
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use and instill confidence

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

The biggest issue I had going in was that the team did not trust engagement surveys as in the past they were not anonymous and resulted in many employees feeling as though they were in trouble for their answers. Google allowed us to conduct the survey anonymously and many felt confident in that there was no way for us to identify who it was that submitted an answer!

Pros

For this, I loved how simple it was to setup, but how intuitive it was. We used it to conduct our annual engagement survey when I first started years ago, and building the questions, answers, and exporting the results were all relatively simple compared to most other software.

Cons

The hardest thing was honestly not that big of a deal, but it doesn't print the summary of results very cleanly. The page breaks often resulted in tables being cut off or not printing at all, but we were able to export the results to excel and build the tables that way, which allowed for greater customization.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Again I was looking to instill confidence in our team that the survey was anonymous and given that Google was a free option that was easy to use, it made it a pretty obvious choice.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Price and the ability to ensure and prove to our team that the results were anonymous.
Joshua

Designing simplistic forms for different systems.

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

I utilize forms on a daily basis. We utilize the program for collecting data, documenting notes and reporting information, and also data collection that is easily trackable through Google Sheets. Forms provides the elegance and simplicity of the data collection while inputting the information into spreadsheets on the back end.

Pros

I love that Google Forms makes it easy to develop database information for almost anything that someone needs. We utilize Google forms to capture outcomes and to provide surveys for our users. It also allows us to develop data collection for outcomes that we need to obtain for grant writing purposes. Designing the forms are easy, intuitive, and takes no prior knowledge. The forms also provide tie ins with other Google programs such as Google Sheets.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the product. The simplistic and easy design does lack features that fall into more expensive programs; however, this is what allows the forms to be easily designed by anyone.

TrueContext (formerly ProntoForms)

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Forms fits into Google's ecosystem which we also use other products by Google. It's simplistic and we did not have to figure out different programs to do what we want as it's all there together.
Ho'omana Nathan
Ho'omana Nathan
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Google Forms is great if you don't need too much security or too many advanced features

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Overall, Google Forms is the first product I try to use when I need to collect some information, whether it's for research, determining satisfaction, etc. It's the first product I recommend to students who want to collect survey data. It doesn't do everything, but for most basic data collection needs, it's the simplest, freest way to go.

Pros

Google Forms is super simple to use. It's easy to create, it's easy to distribute, it's easy to share, it's easy to collect results from. I can throw together a quality survey in under an hour and have it out with results back in another hour. The fact that you can export results to Google Sheets automatically is a huge help as well.

Cons

It's lacking some of the more advanced features that one might need for more complex data collection (e.g. flows of questions, anonymization of data, etc.). But this isn't an advertised feature, so that's okay as long as you know the limitations.

Strategy & Research

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I still use Qualtrics for more advanced stuff, or things where I need respondent data to be super secure and anonymous, but for most things, Google Form does the trick and it's free and simple.

Strategy & Research

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

As I mentioned, Google Forms is free (my university has a license for Qualtrics, but it takes some work to get access). It's also easy to collaborate on a survey with others, and to get and share results. Qualtrics can do all this and more of course, but it's designed to do a lot more than I usually need.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

A simple yet effective alternative to in-person surveys

Reviewed on 2021/05/31

A very simple, easy to deploy and use survey platform that eases all the pain points of businesses needing customer responses. The user interface and experience is as intuitive and engaging as it can get. The responses can be analysed with the help of charts and graphs, which can be downloaded for offline analysis or printing. A great time saver!

Pros

The most incredible aspect of Google Forms is its ease of deployment - takes very little effort to create, share surveys and analyse the responses, which has been a lot easier and intuitive using graphs and charts instead of raw empirical numbers. The fact that the interface is not saturated with features makes it less tiring to create large surveys for mass response collection.

Cons

It would be a great feature addition if the responses could be exported to Google sheets on the cloud and not just a downloadable .CSV file since most remote teams are migrating from on-site to cloud. One other improvement that could be made is introducing sections for questions, which will come in handy when there are a large number of survey questions - this section feature will help the logical flow of questions.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

SurveyMonkey wasn't as inexpensive nor simple to deploy & use.

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing

Basic, Fast, and Useful

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

I really like Google Forms because it's easy, intuitive, and very handy. I have also completed Google Forms myself, and although it may not have a very professional look, it accomplishes its goal well. It can also be used for quizzes, but I have not used that option.

Pros

I like that it's super easy to create a form. As long as you have a Gmail account, you can create as many forms as you want and collect feedback from your customers, or email subscribers, in my case.

You can access Google Forms, on your desktop, either from your Gmail inbox dashboard or from your Google Drive account. For mobile, you can access your forms and edit them from the Drive app, but so far I haven't seen that you can create a new form entirely from your Drive app. So I think it's best suited for desktop use.

The simplicity and somewhat limited format of the forms is both a plus and a minus. It's a plus because it makes you not waste time with too many customizations, and it's a minus because sometimes you do need a bit more customization - I'll talk about this more in the Cons section.

The best part is the large array of questions that require different types of answers. You can add:
- long- or short-answer type of questions.
- multiple choice, dropdown, checkboxes
- date, time
- linear scale and grid, or even upload a document - so the surveyed people can upload a doc if they have a Google account, too.

You can also use Google Forms to collect email addresses, but you can't connect it to some email automatization software. So you will have to manually export the email addresses and import them into your email marketing software.

There is an option to limit the number of responses to one for each respondent who has a Gmail account.

Cons

The customization is too limited in some aspects. For example, I really wish they would add the option to increase the size of the font for the description field. And also sometimes I want to customize the confirmation page the respondents get to see after they complete the survey. So far, you can only modify the text, and that's also limited to just one paragraph.

Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

A not-perfect-but-good-enough-and-free form builder

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

We use Google forms for anything that requires that we capture multiple fields of data. We use it for travel abroad applications, updating personal information, surveys and exhibition submissions. We typically embed the forms on our website and they look rather nice. We set up notifications to the appropriate collaborators so that they can be notified when the form is filled out.

Pros

Google Forms is our go-to for form building, even as an institution of higher education. We are a Google school and use the G-Suite for email, file storage, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations so it is natural that Google Forms fits into the workflow. The forms are really easy to set up with many different question types to choose from to build your form. The data loads directly to a Google Sheet which makes it easy to sort and review. Files that are submitted through the forms are also stored in Google Drive and access to these files can be limited.

Cons

There is not a lot of flexibility in the look and feel of a Google Form. We embed a lot of forms on our website and our internally facing intranet. They all look like Google Forms. They are not ugly but they are also not beautiful.

Jotform

Google forms is cheaper.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Forms are free and do nearly everything that Jotforms does.
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

If you are a data person, you need Google Forms.

Reviewed on 2023/02/12

It is a really good application that revolves around data, gathered from surveys, questionnaires, getting feedback, seeking testimonials with a very easy to learn curve for all, along with the integration of Google Sheets that just makes things so simpler without needing to download external analytics software.

Pros

It is so simple to use and can be accessed easily by anyone, not necessarily just a tech or a IT guy. One of the best part is customizing the forms according to the use-case, where me and my team mainly use it to send out surveys and feedback forms with our target audience being the learners, also exporting that information gathered seamlessly to Google Sheets for further Data Cleansing, Data Exploration and Analytics to gather insights. Been using it from the past 3 years and so far it has been part of my daily work routine.

Cons

There is a missing feature of integrating a payment gateway of some sort within the form as it would really be helpful for a lot of people who deal with transactions, example courses, webinars, seminars etc...Can only push data into Google sheets currently and cannot automatically dump this data into pdf sadly.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Survey Monkey turned out to be a tad little bit more expensive compared to Gforms where we did not need the use of the advanced features, Gforms is worth the cost.
Michele
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best Bang for Your Buck!

Reviewed on 2023/04/28

I have been a big fan of Google Forms for many years. It is easy to use, has many modern and integrable with MS Word.

Pros

I love the autosave to the cloud/drive feature. This way I do not have to remember to continuously save in order to not lose my content. The plethora of features rivals that of another popular word-processing software. The ease of use makes this product extremely user friendly.

Cons

The fact that I have to download to either a PDF in order to save to my desktop is a bit inconvenient.

Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I enjoy the collaborative SHARE feature that eliminates having to send an email in order time sensitve docs with my team.

Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Most cost-effective, widely used by partnering firms, easy to use and learn
Ankoun
  • Industry: Research

It's awesome to have real-time access to and analysis of respondents' responses when gathering...

Reviewed on 2023/10/18

It has an affordable price compared to the benefits to the organization.

It has an affordable price compared to the benefits to the organization.

Pros

It is an excellent tool for data collections. It is quite simple to design a form for our unique objective and launch it as well, thanks to the forms' simple interaction with our Google accounts. I used it for data collection for our research project. Possibility of creating a list of inquiries and anticipating a massive amount of organized, real-time responses.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many customization choices as other form firms do to make your forms look distinctive.It can be challenging for some sorts of research since users are restricted in the question and answer formats that are permitted.

Zoho Forms

Too much pricey

Gravity Forms

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Sheets and Google Drive connection is straightforward.

Survey through Google forms

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Google forms has helped for surveys and data collection through online platform. It is easy and has saves times and money for preparing different forms. Google forms is connected with Google sheet Gmail and so on which makes it more effective tool for data collection. Google forms is useful and helpful app for surveyors. Overall the experience with Google form is very remembering as it has helped a lot for completion of school projects. I have suggested my friends to use Google forms. But I hope I would have enjoy more if it would have update its features. Google forms are best of it type for collecting responses from online respondents.

Pros

Google forms are useful for the researchers, students, surveyors and others for collecting data from the respondents. It is useful for the students while doing their projects for fulfilling academic activities. The forms can be share through Gmail, messenger and other mode. This helps for respondents to fill form as per their convenience. Google forms are easy to prepare. We can ask objective questions, choice questions,open questions and others while preparing questionnaire using Google forms. Google forms has some template helping for pioneer to prepare forms. Business can do survey on customer feedback and other related field using Google forms. It saves money and time. It is easy to filter the data collected using Google forms as it automatically analyses some response and gives information. We can customize the forms like need of Gmail of respondents, collection of only one response or more from single respondent. It has facility of insertion of photos and videos which is very useful for preparing effective questionnaire. The option of duplicate save times as we need not to type similar question twice we can simply edit the earlier duplicate question.

Cons

Google forms can be better as it lack some functions. It is not allowed to change fonts of questions as per the user. While asking multiple choice questions it is difficult to manage row and column width and length. Google forms are not for preparing likert scale questions. It can improve the choice on questions type. It has limited the user to ask specified structure question. We cannot customize the scale,alignment ,font colour, font style, and size of Google forms. It is limited to insert of photos ,videos as we cannot insert box and other shapes and arts. Google forms has limited customization. Google forms is limited only to online respondents.

Bassam
Bassam

Google Forms helped many Crypto investment projects

Reviewed on 2021/04/18

my experience with google forms started when I started crypto investment, there are different crypto projects out there each project comes through a phase that requires advertising for the new project, some projects are for announcing new Crypto coins ... they call it Airdrops .... they distribute free coins to each participant who signs up for the project and they can purchase as they like. I registered for over 32 new coins project like Minereum, coinstelegram , spheroid, .... and others, I registered for that many projects because they are good investments and I made good money from those projects, when I read about a new Airdrop or new coin project and I want to register....  the registration steps were so simple and made by Google Forms it takes no technical knowledge, all I need to do is complete the registration form, that form is straight forward not so many steps not so many pages to complete the registration,  each form I complete I get a copy from it sent to my Gmail account, I can access the form and edit any information if I want. Google Forms helped me and those investment projects to make money , and that's why so many projects and surveys are done using Google forms because they trust Google products

Pros

Pricing: Google Forms is Free to use
 Features:
-simple and easy: it is a newbie-friendly platform anyone without prior knowledge can create a form  and share it and collect results
-it has a good graphical design, I can add pictures, change colors, I can make sections
 - Easy to export the form and share it online using Spreadsheet and Gmail
- Google forms have different form models for your needs if you want to make a survey you can make a Polls model and ask the users about their options, also you can choose a multiple-choice form, you can choose text boxes if you want to make a registration forum for users to enter their info
- Easy integration to Google Drive
-Companies use Google Form to make surveys about their products, Universities use Google Forms To make tests and short quizzes for their students and Crypto Projects use Google Form to make the maximum sales for their Coins

Cons

-we have a limited choice of templates
-our info like my E-mail account and my name are exposed online for anyone to see if the form is exported to spreadsheets and shared online

Elana
Elana

Why look anywhere else for a survey/data collection program?!

Reviewed on 2021/09/02

Google forms is incredible for so many different reasons... they allow you to literally create your own survey from scratch, with all the options you would need to create a robust and professional survey. Not to mention you can also customize the colors and theme quite a bit to fit your brand, and even fully customize the language used in the survey (for even the small things like the thank you text and description). They make the link sharing, previewing, editing, etc super easy as well. Additionally, they have quite a great summary analytics of the data/answers collected. I have used google forms extensively for simple polls and surveys, market research/longer more in-depth surveys, as well as a make-shift opt-in form for collecting people's emails for lead magnets! I love that you can turn on a setting to notify you when someone fills out a form. This has fulfilled all my needs and beyond - I'm so grateful I don't have to pay for a software to do all these things!

Pros

Cons

I guess the only think it could use is more options to customize, including the ability to upload your own photo as a header or background. I'm sure it would be great for some people to have more analytics as well.

Aman
Aman
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

google form

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Google Forms is a well-liked and frequently used tool that allows users to create customized surveys, questionnaires, and feedback forms with ease and flexibility. The tool's collaboration features enable multiple users to work on the same form simultaneously, which is especially useful for team projects or situations where input is needed from various sources.

Pros

Google Forms is a versatile and powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes, from conducting market research to gathering feedback from customers or employees.One of the biggest advantages of using Google Forms is its simplicity and ease of use. It offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and customize forms, even for users who are not technically savvy.

Cons

1. A drawback of Google Forms is that it has limited options for customization of the form's design and layout. Although users have the ability to adjust color and font, they may find it difficult to create custom layouts beyond the predefined templates provided by the software.2. While Google Forms provides advanced features like conditional logic and question branching for creating complex surveys or questionnaires, some users may have difficulty navigating these features as they may require technical expertise and a learning curve to use effectively.3. Google Forms is limited in its advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, and users may find it challenging to interpret and visualize the data they collect in a meaningful and insightful way. Although users can easily export and collect data from their forms, the software's reporting features may not be as advanced as some users need.

Isaac
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best way to collect information and analyze it thanks to Google Forms surveys

Reviewed on 2023/07/13

I am an architecture student and I was an intern in a company assigned by my university as part of the pre-professional internship required here where I was assigned to a marketing group to learn how this department operates and also to provide options from my point of view. of view, so to arrive at this I used Google Forms for data collection and to obtain valuable information. To get there, I had to carry out surveys of a diverse group of people (students from my university) to understand their preferences and opinions on the topics that my tutor guide gave me, I was able to personalize them and send them through shared links, emails and networks. social networks to reach as many people as possible. After this, the same platform allowed me to efficiently collect data and organize it in Google or Excel spreadsheets, in order to more quickly understand the responses and provide more solid conclusions to the marketing team to test our strategies and messages to promote better our services and products. In general, Google Forms helped me to carry out my pre-professional practices in a very comfortable and easy way, I would definitely use it again.

Pros

What I liked the most about using this tool was its intuitive and easy-to-use interface, because when I was conducting surveys with other students from my university, creating them was very easy and it was not necessary to look for operating information from other places, it also has a wide range of question options, whether they are multiple-choice questions or scale-type questions, since google forms allowed me to adapt the surveys to my specific needs to achieve my objective more quickly. Another feature that I found very useful was that it allowed me to share the surveys through links or by putting them on websites. And last but not least, it gave me the possibility to see the results in real time to analyze and visualize them quickly and effectively to improve the marketing of the company.

Cons

In itself, I felt delighted and comfortable with this tool, however if I would have liked more visual customization options to be added, although you can add images and change the basic colors, it would be much more comfortable and dynamic to have more control over the general appearance of the surveys.