5 977 reviews

Google Forms

Create custom forms for surveys & questionnaires

4,7
5 977 reviews
Sam Z.

Actionable Insight

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Google Forms is wonderful. It allows me an opportunity to gather input from students, families, teachers, or anyone else. This has helped increase my understanding of stakeholder preferences. From designing to implementation to deggregating data, Google Forms excels where others struggle.

Pros

Google Forms is the premier option when creating surveys for users inside and outside of your organization. Data is presented real-time, it is accessible to multiple users too. Forms is super simple to implement.

Cons

For me my limitation is related to organizational preference. Microsoft is the preferred software suite. Any given week I may have access to a Google application in the following I may lose it. The uncertainty could be a Gamble. Forms performs so well I'm willing to take the wager.

Michael A.

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime
2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option.
3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA.
4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet.
5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B.
2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Damola B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Google Forms, Surveys & So Much More

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

It's made work a lot easier than I could every envision without it. I once conducted a dip-stick research effort for an FMCG brand in my market. I was able to deploy separate survey forms to 5 geopolitical market regions in Nigeria. We had a really tight deadline to pull it off, but we were able to do it anyways.

Pros

It helped me deploy primary research instruments and above all, gave me an easy platform to analyse the data on the data summary section that is often visualized, the individual submissions and the raw data on Google Sheets. But that was just the beginning. I've used it to collect critical employee data so easily from my team on several occasions without sending and sorting through emails. I'm honestly looking forward to the day I'd deploy a test with the platform. I keep seeing that the capability is there and I've just never utilized it. Ultimately, I feel one can be very creative with it.

Cons

it doesn't have conditional question functions. If yes, what trend of questions come next. If no what happens then. I guess the Google Team created it to be as simple as possible, but I will rather have all my research content domiciled here than spend time on other data collation and analytics platforms.

Tony S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Managing Customer Happiness with Google Forms

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Using Google Forms is quick and easy. It's also free, so for companies on a budget you can build fantastic survey forms without having to pay for expensive systems. It's really easy to set up and really quick to deploy.

I highly recommend this service o all my other clients.

Pros

Google Forms makes creating online forms a breeze. We use the forms for multiple purposes, but our main purpose is to collect and collate Customer Happiness Indices. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up a form and we tag it in the signature file of our customer support emails.

What makes it really great is that I can see the individual entries, but I can also get a graphical representation of responses. This allows me to quickly glance over the results if I want a quick synopsis of how my team is doing, or I can do a deep-dive and see what's really going on inside.

Cons

One of the limitations on Google Forms is the lack of templates. This means that your forms can border on the boring. It would be really great if Google would provide more templates, or allow users to build and upload their own CSS templates (a bit advanced, I know), so that the forms fit in better with our corporate customer image.

Samiksha N.
Industry: E-Learning

Perfect for Online Exams and surveys!

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

My school used Google Forms to run online tests and exams during the pandemic and it was a success. We also used it for quiz games and other stuffs. Google Forms has played a great role in our students learning during this pandemic and we are grateful for that.

Pros

It's very simple yet effective. Anyone can learn to use it in very little time and deploy their own forms online to collect required data. The forms are easily to edit and customize with a lot of templates to choose from. It's very efficient to use for objective online exams too. All you need to do is make a form, assign questions, give options to select, generate link and send it to the students. They just have to open the link then fill the forms and submit within the allocated time period. It's more applicable than ever during the pandemic.

Cons

There is a limit to number of people that can fill the form if a timer is set, which is necessary for exams. Of course, you could buy the premium plan to remove the limit. But, it not practical for poor countries like mine with no credit card access. They could compensate for that with ads.

Mir fida N.
Company size: Self Employed

Simple form & survey tool for basic needs

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

For a free software it is good for analyzing data received through user input in forms and make a helpful chart or graph of business trend for report.It is better suited for Academic organizations that already use Google G Suit for Education for making quizzed, survey, data collection and getting feedback.So it's good to make use of it for various casual use cases.

Pros

I like this tool specially for a basic and quick form , questionnaire , survey or collect data from people online. It is time efficient. Results are shown in a good visual way and stored into Google spreadsheet back-end file that can be shared or stored. Pre-Built templates save a lot of time to create new specific type of survey.

Cons

There are some features and customization that are missing.Its visual design could be improved for a better aesthetic looking theme.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Luana R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It is the best online form available on the market

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Overall it is an incredible and super affordable tool. It has excellent usability and is very easy to use. I used it in several surveys and it always reached my expectations and had the necessary tools for what I wanted to get as answers.

Pros

It is a super versatile form that makes it possible to insert several types of responses, as well as images associated with responses, support videos, among others. In addition, you can customize the forms by changing colors, including. The questionnaire itself generates graphs with the answers, which greatly facilitates the analysis of the data obtained.

Cons

A point of improvement would be if it were possible to insert a video within a question. When the video is inserted, it is in a separate session, and when a video related to a question, so it would be easier if we could add it to the body of the question.

Sudhir 2.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Quick solution for Surveys and feedback

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Its a wonderful product, as a leader of a large team i do various surveys or feedback collecting sessionsl This is a perfect solution

Pros

It has prebuilt templates which makes it easy to design forms and surveys
Quick analytics of the feedback collected

Cons

Nothing i can think of. As a Forms and Survey product it always given me perfect solution. Only thing is output can be delivered in ppt format, which takes all permutations and generate various slides and end user can select what is required

Fernando D.

Simple, reliable and convenient

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

It helps me a lot every time I need to collect information from my team, colleagues or even family. You can use it professionally or personally with the same ease and quality. My company even uses it internally for satisfaction surveys and some tests. At the end of the process, you can export results to CSV or analyze it within the tool, they have a nice analytics interface.

Pros

I like it because it is simple. You don't need to spend much time in creating templates, stylesheets and layouts. It is simple and objective, you can focus on what matters, creating your form and send to people to answer that. And you also don't need to worry about credentials or access control, because Google will handle that for you.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like in Google Forms, but I guess they could improve the layout editor. In opposite to what I said before, that its very simple to create, sometimes you need more flexibility to choose different fonts, different layouts or customize a specific control.

Moaaz E.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

The purest in collecting data and activating questionnaires

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

The abundance of models, the ease of use, the simple, sophisticated interface, and the low price are all things I love about this tool

Pros

From the great ease of using this advanced tool, you can contain all your data in your own spreadsheet that you can access in a few moments, and this tool shines with an elegant, smooth and simple interface
One of the things that I like a lot is that there is in the questionnaires a large group of various questions, which are divided into 1: Paragraph 2: Multiple Choice 3: The scale of liking and more.
And also one of the things that I admired is that you can choose between a variety of designs that have many colors, lines, drawings and designs that in turn make it easier for you to make questionnaires in a professional and attractive way

Cons

So far, I haven't noticed any negatives one day my friend told me about this great tool, I tried it and noticed that it is very easy to use, great and very affordable for me. I was very pleased with this tool, thank you.

Industry: Financial Services

Survey through Google forms

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Google forms has helped for surveys and data collection through online platform. It is easy and has saves times and money for preparing different forms. Google forms is connected with Google sheet Gmail and so on which makes it more effective tool for data collection. Google forms is useful and helpful app for surveyors. Overall the experience with Google form is very remembering as it has helped a lot for completion of school projects. I have suggested my friends to use Google forms. But I hope I would have enjoy more if it would have update its features. Google forms are best of it type for collecting responses from online respondents.

Pros

Google forms are useful for the researchers, students, surveyors and others for collecting data from the respondents. It is useful for the students while doing their projects for fulfilling academic activities. The forms can be share through Gmail, messenger and other mode. This helps for respondents to fill form as per their convenience. Google forms are easy to prepare. We can ask objective questions, choice questions,open questions and others while preparing questionnaire using Google forms. Google forms has some template helping for pioneer to prepare forms. Business can do survey on customer feedback and other related field using Google forms. It saves money and time. It is easy to filter the data collected using Google forms as it automatically analyses some response and gives information. We can customize the forms like need of Gmail of respondents, collection of only one response or more from single respondent. It has facility of insertion of photos and videos which is very useful for preparing effective questionnaire. The option of duplicate save times as we need not to type similar question twice we can simply edit the earlier duplicate question.

Cons

Google forms can be better as it lack some functions. It is not allowed to change fonts of questions as per the user. While asking multiple choice questions it is difficult to manage row and column width and length. Google forms are not for preparing likert scale questions. It can improve the choice on questions type. It has limited the user to ask specified structure question. We cannot customize the scale,alignment ,font colour, font style, and size of Google forms. It is limited to insert of photos ,videos as we cannot insert box and other shapes and arts. Google forms has limited customization. Google forms is limited only to online respondents.

Courtney S.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Holy Grail of Quick Needs

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

It has been an incredibly useful tool within google suite. I can easily share forms with my team and we can work simultaneously together on building more complex forms. And of course, it’s easy to save in google drive and access on the go, a great feature for those who travel or are working from home.

Pros

Google Forms is without a doubt the easiest and most convenient survey/form creator there is. My favorite feature is that it automatically creates a Google sheet of response data for you, which for me saves so much time. I use forms for everything from recognition award nominations, to coffee orders, to employee suggestions, photo contests, feedback, and more (I don’t think I could name everything I use it for). You can easily turn off a form if you no longer want to accept responses and building a form is easy and customizable down to the colors and font. There are multiple question and answer types (like short answer, long answer, multiple choice, checkboxes, drop downs, etc.). You can also set it to automatically gather the email of the respondents or you can leave it anonymous. Also, you can set questions to be required so people can’t skip questions. It’s so easy and so handy and toddler could do it!

Cons

I genuinely do not have any complaints about this platform. I use it nearly everyday and have found it’s incredibly versatile to meet my unique and ever changing needs. I have also gotten feedback from employees that it’s easy for them to respond to the forms.

Judith G.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of the Best Tools Available for Distance Learning Assessments!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall, I love Google Forms. It is easy to use, has a variety of features and options in the settings, which makes it my top choice right now for assessments and overall surveys with my students.

Pros

Google Forms is SUPER easy to set up and implement. Other collaborators can be added as well, to make it a worthwhile tool for educators when trying to provide consistency between classrooms. I especially appreciate the settings options to make forms my top choice for everything from surveys and input forms to formalized assessments in the "quiz" function. My students can get immediate feedback, or I can choose to release their scores at a later time. My favorite feature is the "branching" feature. Depending upon my students' answer choice, they can be led to the next question, or they can be given a "reteachable moment" and a second chance question. It is a great tool to address reteaching and reassessment for struggling children!

Cons

While the branching format is my favorite, it does need some work. One thing I have noticed is that several of my students have discovered the "back" button, so when they are given a reteach question, they simply go back to the previous question and choose a different answer until they choose the correct answer. Only a few of my students have figured this out, but as we use this on a daily basis to assess learning at the end of the lesson (in distance learning situation), more and more are figuring it out, which makes it difficult to authenticate what they have truly learned.

Daniel B.
Industry: Retail

Easy to use and instill confidence

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

The biggest issue I had going in was that the team did not trust engagement surveys as in the past they were not anonymous and resulted in many employees feeling as though they were in trouble for their answers. Google allowed us to conduct the survey anonymously and many felt confident in that there was no way for us to identify who it was that submitted an answer!

Pros

For this, I loved how simple it was to setup, but how intuitive it was. We used it to conduct our annual engagement survey when I first started years ago, and building the questions, answers, and exporting the results were all relatively simple compared to most other software.

Cons

The hardest thing was honestly not that big of a deal, but it doesn't print the summary of results very cleanly. The page breaks often resulted in tables being cut off or not printing at all, but we were able to export the results to excel and build the tables that way, which allowed for greater customization.

Jennifer J.
Industry: Education Management

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in).

You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email.

This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols.

The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based.

It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Supun S.

Google Forms - Easy way to collect data

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

Google forms is an online surveying platform that use to collect data and analyze them. Because of its features, we can create advance questionnaires very simply and quickly. Results collected from the questionnaire can be analyzed very quickly looking at the charts generated automatically by the platform. Almost every person in the world has their own smartphone now. Therefore we can easily collect information from the people. I think Google forms is the best way to collect data analyze them.

Pros

Google forms is very simple to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire. Many types of question formats are available in Google forms and we can use them as our need. Radio buttons are available to select one choice from the given answer list, check boxes to select one or more choices and we can include text box to type the answer. This is a great feature of Google forms. I used normal question papers to collect data earlier and that was very annoying work. I had to make the question sheet, print it, share those printed question sheets among people and collect them. That was very hard and costly. Analyzing those answer sheets also very hard. But now it is quite easy with Google forms. No any printing and distribution cost. I can make them and share through Whatsapp, Facebook or any social media. Analyzing the result is very easy and fast because this gives out a real time result for the answers collected using graphical representations like graphs. There is an important option in Google forms. From this option, we can set how many times one person can answer the survey. It can be set to one time or many times. This option also very helpful when someone who we need to collect answers do not having a phone.

Cons

I don’t have any bad feeling about Google forms. But I faced some problems in some instances when using this. This requires internet connection to fill the form and analyze results. Therefore without internet we cannot use this. Another problem I faced that some people don’t know how to use this. Still there are some rural areas where smartphones are not in use. If we want to do a survey with them, we cannot use Google forms. No any considerable issue on using Google forms to collect data other than those mentioned above.

Tanuj D.

Google Forms: Fast & Efficient Surveys and Questionnaires

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall, Google Forms is an excellent service to efficiently create and deploy forms and questionnaires, especially if your work involves getting quick responses from a wide variety of users. With the sheer amount of granularity it provides and its suggestive features, it is an indispensable tool for anyone who wishes to reach out to a vast number of respondents.

Pros

Google Forms lets you create forms, surveys as well as questionnaires in a swift and simplified manner without compromising on the granularity of customizations. In my experience, making forms and deploying them to more users has never been as efficient without Google Forms. It not only provides a variety of options to fine-tune the questions (as well as their expected responses) but also recognizes patterns within the body of the questions themselves and automatically suggests optimum parameters for the same. Furthermore, it provides multiple ways for users to share their forms to external channels and get responses fast. Upon receiving responses, it also allows form administrators to get a general view of the answers themselves and enable them to peruse individual responses as well.

Cons

Google Forms has become so deeply ingrained in my usual workflows that it has become a chore to switch to other surveying platforms whenever it becomes necessary to do so. Thus, there are no cons that I've personally faced in my experience with Google Forms.

Chris C.

Nice Embedable Forms Used For Event Registrations

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

We have used them for years. They are reliable, and a great tool, especially for being a free product. When you embed them, they are reliable to render in the web page every time. This allows for basic logic flow, allowing us to ask yes, no, other, more... questions which need logic to present the proper questions needed.

Pros

This web form is very nice for small event planning. We use it as a registration form for classes we will be having. It is nice to have the form present cleanly on a webpage, allowing the user to fill in the information required, and then submit it to a Google Doc.

The ability to receive a confirmation email from a registration and also the end user receiving a confirmation with their information is very beneficial. They can then go back and edit, update, or cancel their registration at a later time.

Cons

Compared to Microsoft's Form, which is equally as feature rich, Google forms look a bit toy'ish. It would be nice to be able to customize a form to make it look a bit more professional, and less colorful and playful.

Ashwin S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Getting data is now so much easier

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

It has been fantastic using Google Forms. It is a free, fast and very very effective way to take feedback. With absolutely no limits whatsoever. Plus, you can auto export the entries to a google spreadsheet and use its power

Pros

Everything. It hardly takes a few minutes to set up a basic Google Form. I have used it for various different use cases, ranging from quick polls in huge groups, deciding on a mutual time slot, to surveys and feedback. Google Form offers you a wide range of options for data validation and helps visualize the data collected.

Cons

It is difficult to show options based on conditioning. i.e, change the upcoming questions based on the answers selected by the user. According to my understanding, you can achieve this by creating sections, but I have not figured out how to do that efficiently yet.
In case you are looking for this, check out https://support.google.com/docs/answer/141062?hl=en

Malinda S.
Industry: Government Relations

The best data collection software

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Aaron L.

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities.

Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this.

But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Jonathan M.
Industry: Legal Services

Google Forms offers quick and easy data gathering, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Google Forms allows us to do a wide variety of information gathering and control, from gathering data from clients to requesting task completion within the team.

Pros

Google Forms has an incredibly simple interface for building and sending questionnaires that takes little to no expertise in data gathering. Anyone can use it if they take the time to read the tooltips and know how to use a mouse. It also connects form responses to a Google Sheet that can be shared with team members, which allows for incredible flexibility in terms of use.

Cons

Really it's only missing a handful of features that I'd like to see. The two big ones are: First - No ability to gather repeated answers to a question such as asking a specific set of Name/Date/Parentage questions for dependents that allows for any number of answers based on the number of dependends the form-filler has. The Second is that the controls for specifying which page to show or questions to ask is somewhat limited - basically you can only choose to redirect to a page based on a multiple choice question's answer. I would much rather it just set up a flagging system that allows you to specify "Do not show this question unless question #3 was answered False" or "Show Page 5 at the end of the questionnaire if questions 4 and 5 were both True." and similar. But without that, there's a lot less room for control over the data you're gathering which leads to omission of certain questions that don't fit the structure of your questionnaire well, or leaving an important question as optional because it doesn't apply to everyone.

David W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy, free and fun

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I enjoy using the product as a quick and easy to implement data collection tool. The data can be written to a Google Sheet which is also very accessible. The product is free through individual accounts and also available for paid hosted domain accounts. I like that users can fill in multiple forms. Access to forms can be set at multiple levels from a certain individual to the public. You can also preview your form before setting accessibility for anyone.

Pros

The feature set is good enough that Google Forms can be used for a variety of useful purposes: surveys, feedback, tests and quizzes, and much more. The platform is also supported by a wealth of plug-ins. Note, not all plug-ins are created equal. Read the ratings carefully. As with all plug-ins, you end up having to give some access of your form and account information to the developer. For some purposes it may not be appropriate to share with a third-party. Google forms supports the most common types of questions: multiple choice, true-false, yes-no, fill in the blank, text boxes, and also the ability to add attachments. It also has a simple analytics function built-in for analysis of your results.

Cons

Google really does not offer a great deal of support for this particular product other than their webpage “how-to” guide although additional support can be found from third parties on YouTube and other places. Web customization of the form is also a bit lacking. You can choose from a handful of the games and attempt to match a color scheme to your web environment, but that’s about it. There is no ability to control fonts, display size, orientation, etc.

Nimal P.
Industry: Computer Software

To make your survey efficient!

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

When I was an Information technology student, I have created many google forms to my university projects. We had to gather user experience about some software and applications to find bugs. Also for final year research also we had to create a google form and collect data from job seekers. Also we have submitted a lot of google forms not only for friends but also for university academic purposes.

Pros

If you want to gather information regarding something, may be contacts, may be attendance for an event or anything you simply have to do a survey. You have to use a form to gather information you want. Google form is a survey administration app powered by Google. No matter what information you need collect, you can do it much easily using google forms. You just have to create your own form and send it to the audience you are interested in. In other words, it is a free online tool which allows you to collect information defiantly.
Using this you can create surveys just in few minutes. They will be attractive and professional.
To start working with Google Forms all we need to have a google account and good internet connection with a device. We can access the forms using smart phone or tablet also.
The most important thing I have seen is, there are various designs so that we can choose the design and colors according to our preference and according to our business need.
Interface is very user-friendly. Anyone can understand and start working with this easily.
We can just drag and drop form elements and organize them accordingly. Also we can preview our survey before sending it to our audience.
After sending, it will store the feedback we get and then we can analyze the result. It is also very important.

Cons

It is a must to have internet connection to make or answer a google form.
Customization is limited.
There may be some security concerns since it is online.

Karan S.
Industry: Media Production

Google Forms: Customizable and Extendable

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Google Forms has been a truly useful tool with satisfactory out-of-the-box features. However, it becomes truly powerful when someone with programming experience can use App Scripts to customize or extend its functionality using the provided APIs. At my company, we’ve been able to use it for absolutely all of our surveying needs - every single department has found a way to use Forms to serve our needs. Without it, we would certainly need some software to replace it immediately - as it stands, we’re all happy that Google Forms exists.

Pros

Nearly all departments in my office use Google Forms - the strategy team, for example, will often collect preliminary responses to a proposed branding idea or brief for a client. We’ve also had HR use it for things such as scheduling - selecting a time slot that works for an information session for employees. Google Forms has a Javascript platform called App Script that allows programmers to extend Forms with additional functionality.

I was able to extend the HR form using App Scripts - the department needed each respondent to be sent an email confirmation. Additionally, if enough people had selected a certain time slot, we needed to have that option removed from “available times” for other people to see - this was all made possible by extending Google Forms using App Script. The ability to leverage an existing skill set to augment a tool to better suit our needs has proven to be invaluable.

Cons

Forms is tricky to customize in terms of UI - I’m not a strong front-end developer so I just left the default UI alone. For someone more skilled in that area of programming, it would be easier to accomplish - with that being said, I would prefer a drag-and-drop interface for swapping out form elements.

Users are also limited in the types of questions and answer formats that are allowed - this can be a problem for some, depending on the type of survey they’re trying to build. There are no conditional questions (if a question is answered a certain way, do this) - that logic needs to be included using App Scripts (if possible).