6 456 reviews

Google Forms

Create custom forms for surveys & questionnaires

4,7
Supun S.

Google Forms - Easy way to collect data

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/22

Google forms is an online surveying platform that use to collect data and analyze them. Because of its features, we can create advance questionnaires very simply and quickly. Results collected from the questionnaire can be analyzed very quickly looking at the charts generated automatically by the platform. Almost every person in the world has their own smartphone now. Therefore we can easily collect information from the people. I think Google forms is the best way to collect data analyze them.

Pros

Google forms is very simple to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire. Many types of question formats are available in Google forms and we can use them as our need. Radio buttons are available to select one choice from the given answer list, check boxes to select one or more choices and we can include text box to type the answer. This is a great feature of Google forms. I used normal question papers to collect data earlier and that was very annoying work. I had to make the question sheet, print it, share those printed question sheets among people and collect them. That was very hard and costly. Analyzing those answer sheets also very hard. But now it is quite easy with Google forms. No any printing and distribution cost. I can make them and share through Whatsapp, Facebook or any social media. Analyzing the result is very easy and fast because this gives out a real time result for the answers collected using graphical representations like graphs. There is an important option in Google forms. From this option, we can set how many times one person can answer the survey. It can be set to one time or many times. This option also very helpful when someone who we need to collect answers do not having a phone.

Cons

I don’t have any bad feeling about Google forms. But I faced some problems in some instances when using this. This requires internet connection to fill the form and analyze results. Therefore without internet we cannot use this. Another problem I faced that some people don’t know how to use this. Still there are some rural areas where smartphones are not in use. If we want to do a survey with them, we cannot use Google forms. No any considerable issue on using Google forms to collect data other than those mentioned above.

Aaron L.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities.

Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this.

But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Laurie S.
Industry: Education Management

It's my "go to" solution!

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I keep finding more ways that Forms is useful to my work. It is a "go to" tool that lives on my desktop and bookmarks bar.

Pros

Google Forms makes mundane communications into data rich processes that allow me to quickly gather responses into charts and graphs that I can use for planning purposes. I run a childcare center and when I need to ask parents or staff about anything (availability, field trips, snack choices, program suggestions, etc) I quickly create a Google Form and rely on it to do all the work of putting responses in a specific format and showing me who has and has not responded.
I no longer go back and forth with individual parents and spend a lot of time parsing through emails to grab out the response then note it on yet another piece of paper on my desk.
Forms are my friends.

Cons

So far, I haven't hit a snag. I need to learn how to manage my files a bit better...I have lots of Forms.

Industry: Education Management

Google forms makes it easy to gather complete and consistent information from others

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

It has helped me gather data from hundreds of people at a time and made it easy. No more hassle trying to get their info. Also, i can gather consistent data too. I love google forms.

Pros

I love that Google Forms allows me to set up a list of questions that can be sent to people when i need to gather complete and necessary information. Instead of having to hassle with a million emails, texts, and phone calls, i can create one form and just message the group a link. Once they click they just answer the questions and automatically their responses get dropped right into a spreadsheet along with a timestamp of when they submitted it. I get notified if i want of responses and even some analytics on the data gathered.

Cons

When dropping responses into a spreadsheet, Google forms by default adds a new record to the next line it remembers dropping the last record into. The only thing i don't like about this is that i will use the same form link each month and sometimes for old months delete the data just to clean it out. Well this leaves a bunch of blank rows because the form will keep adding records to the row it last left off on. Not a big deal. I could always just reassign the form to another clean sheet each month and i think that would work just fine too. Or copy the form and do the same thing. I also wish that you could change the order of your column data that is attached to the form. It feels like you need to give thought to your form question order so that the spreadsheet columns are in the logical order you were thinking. Again not too big a deal cause you can easily reorder and then create a fresh sheet associated with a form. But if you've been using a form/sheet combo for a while it'd be nice to not be stuck with the column order you started out with. Maybe others have a solution for this and i just haven't figured it out yet. Also, I wish that you could attach a form to start collecting data to an already existing spreadsheet you already have columns and data for. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it'd be nice to just maybe have a form created based on the column titles from an existing sheet. None of these things is a problem though, just features maybe Google could add.

Somer J.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great way to take your documents with you wherever you go!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I just really like the ease of use and the mobility of having it at my hands whenever.

Pros

What I love and have always loved about this software is that I can sign in anywhere and access my information,this was a blessing expecially during college but also I'm my current career. No matter what happens I do not lose the work it's always there.

Cons

It could be better with an online tutorial,unless I missed that.

Feyisayo E.

Google form is a Free and Affordable Form Builder

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I have had a great experience using google form except for the disclaimer they put under their forms.

Pros

1. I personally think google form is amazing especially because it has a free version that everyone can you.

2. Finding my way around google form the first time I used it was quite easy. It is newbie friendly

3. Google made the form builder flexible enough that you easy drag forms to re-order it.

Cons

1. I hate the disclaimer at the bottom of the free google form that says "this content is neither created nor endorsed by Google". It may have a wrong impression on the users of the form. Take for instance, using google form to create and order form and a customer reads such disclaimer. It may scare customers away from ordering.

Debbie F.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use but somehow confusing (nearly every time)

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Despite my complaints, however, Google Forms has been extremely useful to me in my piano business. I use it frequently, to survey families on lesson scheduling, for special event signups and for registration information.

Pros

I like how Google Forms easily integrates with Google Sheets, automatically using the form data to set up a spreadsheet if I choose. Equally a plus, I like how I can easily choose to see a summary of the results or individual responses.

Cons

There are two things I really do not like about Google Forms:

Despite how fairly straightforward it is to set up a form, the process of sharing the form with my customers is tricky. And it somehow confuses me nearly EVERY TIME. It's not an intuitive process for some reason. I just want to create a form and easily send it out to my piano families for them to fill in the blanks, make their multiple choice selections, etc, and submit to me. Sometimes, despite my best intentions, I'll send a form out only to get additional emails asking if I want to grant permission to the recipients so they can access the form. I don't even know how that happens. Or why it has to be so tricky.

The other thing I really do not like is the lack of record keeping within the Google Forms software. If I choose to email the form directly from Google Forms, there is no record anywhere of who I sent the form to. No record that I've been able to find, anyway. I always need to know who I've sent a form to! This seems like quite the oversight on the software's part!

Ho'omana nathan H.
Industry: Research
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best free data collection tool by a long shot

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I started out using Google Forms for data collection in online research because it was free and easy to use, and it served me well for awhile. However, there are limitations on the types of data you can put on the form and collect which make it less useful for some of my projects, and the data view isn't always powerful enough to look at the data in a way that's useful. However, as a free solution, and for simple data collection, it's great.

Pros

First and foremost, it's free, and it's surprisingly comparable to MUCH more expensive solutions. Google Forms is an outstanding way to easily collect (relatively) simple information and see it in a manageable format (more on that later). Google Forms are pretty customizable, there's an impressive array of options, and it's always developing, which is something Google is almost always good for.

Cons

Google Forms is definitely a good solution for the cost (free), and for smaller projects where you don't need to collect detailed information. We've used it in the classroom for peer feedback, for collecting applications, and for some smaller data collection. However, the way that data is shown really isn't usable for bigger projects where you need a lot of detail about your data, although it is nice that Forms can put the data into Google Sheets as well.

Industry: Museums & Institutions

Not to be sniffed at - might solve all your problems!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

I've used Google Forms for years. In a variety of professional and private situations. While it is Google branded and the themes are basic, this is not a tool to be sniffed at. If you're collecting details from users and you want to do it securely and within GDPR, this could be a good solution for you. If you've not got budget to splash out on a 'higher-end' tool, but you've got access to G-suite, this is definitely something you should try. For small data-collection batches, or organising events with 2000 people, this can be used to help you gather your information well.

If you find that you need something just a little more advanced... try typeform.

Pros

The ease in arranging questions on a form and adding logic for page jumps.
The depth of logic you can add to questions, including allowing file uploads of different formats.
The automation possibilities when you combine this with Google Sheets are endless.
Abilities for users to edit their responses after they've submitted questions.

Most of all.. the fact that I can use this for professional purposes, but also to get people to tell me what they want to eat for Christmas dinner.

Cons

The templating is a little basic, they all look like Google Forms... but if you're truly being MVP and thinking whether or not you need something, why would you spend a ton of money on Survey Monkey when this collects the data and puts it in a spreadsheet for you??

Kat P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

One of the best kept secrets of Google's platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

As mentioned above, I have witnessed many organizations use Google Forms for various reasons. Examples of this include:
- Small non-profit used Google Forms to take and track food orders for a BBQ fundraiser event
- College researchers used Google Forms to survey participants in a research study
- Large non-profit used Google Forms to track convening attendees
- Small non-profit used Google Forms to track volunteer sign-up, interests and availability
- Small grantmaker used Google Forms to create grant application for prospective grantees

Overall, all of the above were happy with their decision to use Google Forms.

Pros

One of Google Forms biggest advantages is how easy it is to set up. Any Google user is literally only a few click away from setting up and sending forms that gather contact information, RSVPs, event registrations and more.

Forms can be customized and expanded to take on a variety of functions. A few examples I've witnessed include small businesses setting up order forms, small grantmakers creating grants application systems, volunteer organizations using Forms to better track volunteer interests/availability/etc. and researchers using Forms to gather information.

Because it is part of Google, there is no need for additional sign up/set up, like with Survey Monkey. And, best of all, it's free to everyone!

Cons

If you're gathering a lot of information, the form can begin to get a bit cumbersome. To combat this, you have the option to create different sections or pages so it doesn't appear as one incredibly long form.

In my opinion, it is also not as visually appealing as other survey and forms programs. You do have options, however, to change the color of the form, add graphics, etc.

These minor critiques aside, there are not many cons about the program. Overall, it is functional, flexible, and no cost.

Scott L.
Industry: Education Management

Cannot Live without it once you have it!

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

A great tool I find myself using more and more in new and innovative ways. If this tool disappeared, I would struggle without an identical replacement.

Pros

A brilliantly simple way of collecting information from a range of people from inside or outside of your Gsuite organisation. Whether its collecting student voice, running a survey for data collection, or creating a pop quiz, educators will find a million uses for this software. One of my favorite uses is as a self check tool for students to quiz themselves on their understanding of a piece of content before moving on to new learning. With a few clicks, I can set up questions with points values, correct and incorrect answers, hints, points values, and overall grades. If I just want to gather some student voice, this tool transforms into a great survey platform which is easy for people to access, and presents responses in both raw and processed formats.

Cons

There are some minor issues with the tables and graphs generated from multiple choice questions when there are lots of possible responses, the chart will be missing some of the labels which you need to mouse over to see. This wouldn't be such a big issue except that printing those graphs still has the labels hidden. Also, with the quiz function you will want to stick to multiple choice or closed questions as much as possible as the software does not recongise any variation of a correct answer e.g. capitalisations, order or terms etc. You can work around this somewhat by making the points value for open ended questions '0', but removes any automatic marking functionality for that question.

Stephania M.
Industry: Executive Office

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Pros

Google Forms is really great. Every time we need to make a sign in sheet or registration sheet for different events or meetings, this is your go to software. I love the feature that has you export the replies, responses or answers to a google sheet. Keeps everything Google and integrated and synched. We have used this for creating surveys for our employees and see their responses. Its great for implementing company improvements.

Cons

The older generation really cannot understand how to use this. If there was a training video for the older crowd to understand, would be great. Otherwise the software itself is pretty simple and VERY Customizable.

Easy and Dynamic

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I have been using Google Forms since they came out over a decade ago and I'm still an avid user to this day. I use new features and constantly think about different ways to use Forms. It's easy, reliable, and something that anyone can learn to use and use effectively for their job, personal life, etc. I will be using Google Forms for the long run!

Pros

The best thing about Google Forms is the ability to create all different kinds of assessments and activities with relative ease. Making a basic Form is extremely easy, and the more forms you make, the more advanced features you can add into your forms. It's a great tool for gathering data. It automatically creates summaries of data for you and is a great way to store data as well. I can always pull up any old form data summary and look for something I needed. I can also easily copy and update old forms for my current needs.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way for someone filling out the form to save their progress and return to it later for forms that are greater in length. I feel like this could be a very valuable feature especially to schools where students may run out of time in a class period and fear losing all of their prior work if they don't finish in time. One other small thing is I think it would be nice for the forms to recognize approximate answers for short answer questions. For example, if the answer I wrote in was "2 x 4 = 8" and a student types "2x4=8", it would not accept their answer because they left out spaces. If there was an option for the form to accept approximate answers, it could be a big time saver when dealing with an abundance of form responses.

Sheila A.
Industry: Internet

Perfect for Team Members who are scattered about

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Using Google forms actually saved tons of time so that constant follow-ups with teams on the road did not have to be made. The forms made it enjoyable and easy for reluctant report-writers to submit much-needed data that was automatically accessed using a spreadsheet. Just easy and free.

Pros

Google Forms are available to anyone with a Gmail account and easily accessible. One great solution for gathering and tabulating data from a client's team members who were physically scattered about the country was getting them to use a form we set up in Google that made it very easy for the team to give us needed data on store visits, manager experiences, and so on. People on the road don't necessarily write up the best reports. But by giving them a form nicely laid out, easy to use, getting the info from them required very little effort once we figured out how to get them to respond.

Also helpful was that the answers were then AUTOMATICALLY put into a spreadsheet that we could then work our magic on.

I work with all kinds of forms in websites, but for small start-ups that need to be nimble and cheap, Google Forms was the way to go with one client. Easy enough to hook into a website and also use as-is without the site.

Cons

- Did not like how tough it was to tweak the styling of the forms. Very wooden feeling. There are many themes we could use and some customization allowed. So not a total loss.

Marcie P.
Industry: E-Learning

Using Google Forms for Homeschooling

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

I have and will continue to recommend Google Forms to teachers who would like to streamline their assignments & grading online.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up online assignments for students that will self-grade, students can turn in on their time, and I can reuse with other classes. Google Forms makes it easy to create different question types (along with an answer key for each), open-ended questions, and include images. I can quickly glance over student submissions, make any necessary adjustments to points, and return the assignment to students. Google Forms even has an overview of all the responses so I can see if students are having trouble with any particular question.

Cons

Google Forms' self-grading feature doesn't allow for "case insensitive" or "ignore accents" responses, so I still have to manually review each submission that didn't match the key 100% to see if students may have earned "partial credit" for some questions. Google Forms also doesn't allow audio files to be used, which would be helpful since I teach a foreign language and would like the students to hear phrases or questions spoken as they respond on the quiz. Also, there's only a limited number of colors or themes to customize the look of the Forms.

Ilya K.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

I've used several online products, including Microsoft Online Office, and can say that I am 100% for Google Forms. It's easy and fast to use, very easy to collaborate

Pros

Google Forms are extremely easy to use and they are very powerful not only for simple daily tasks like building and using a budget in google sheets or sharing and contributing to an online document but it also is cheap, fast, and very efficient. I adore the opportunity to export to Word, PDF, and other file formats.

Cons

I know it would be hard to implement it but adding macros to google sheets and google docs would be an amazing addition for those who want to advance in their usage of the software.

Kevin C.

A Robust Forms Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Overall, Google Forms is a solid tool, but it does lack some minimal functionality.

Pros

From surveys to intake forms to everything in between, Google Forms is a very robust tool. Some things I like:
- It's integrated directly with your Google Account
- It's in the cloud, enabling multiple users on multiple devices to collaborate on the same document at the same time.
- Users can submit responses based on their own email address, or anonymously.
- Logic tree function ensures the minimum amount of fields are presented to the user.
- View survey results in multiple ways - from the sum of all results, to individual results, to an exported sheet.
- Easy to access embed code to place forms directly on a webpage.

Cons

The only real cons I've noticed with Google Forms are:
- Integration into other applications can be limited. That is, there is not a native way to submit a form and create a ticket within a third party project management system.
- The design customizations are limited. It's difficult to get forms to be designed in a way that doesn't shout "Google Form"
- There is no way to embed images or videos into the forms.

Elisa B.
Industry: Construction

Google Forms: More Complex than you Realize

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Our business has solved a very simple problem that we were facing. Upon going to a client home to provide an onsite estimate, typically that estimate is sent in digital format some time after the interaction. With the use of Google forms and some add ons within it we have created a form that upon submission also generates an email with PDF attachment of our form entries in the format of a proposal of services. This can be done while on site with the customer while the information is fresh and readily available. We have change order forms and invoice forms as well that work in the same manner and has made us more efficient in our office.

Pros

I absolutely love working with Google Forms. The Google platform offers so many options, that using Forms goes hand in hand with every other aspect of what we utilize.

Cons

I would like to have more free options with the add ons for forms and more add on options available. While there are many add ons available, they don't all suit every need, especially in the free trial version.

Jonathan M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Immensely valuable tool that makes data collection simple and easy

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

Google forms has provided me with a free solution that is essential to my business, and I use it for intake and check-in forms as well as audience surveys. It's ease of use and deployment have contributed significantly to the success of my business.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive to use, very user friendly, and there's no limits on the number of forms or submissions that can be created

Cons

A few more elements of customization, such as the ability to use emojis and multiple fonts in the same form, and perhaps a time-stamped secure signature feature.

Abdul waudud C.

Google Forms is Great for you Daily Form and Survey Needs

Reviewed on 2020/08/22

I will use Google Forms anyday without any question.

Pros

I start using Google Form since 2012. I was excited to see such a great feature of Google Form. It is very easy to build the form and easy to deploy. No HTML coding, no Database connection, no need to host anywhere. It is right here in your Google Drive with all the form response. Moreover, nowadays it trending to use Google Form. Even large enterprises and small startup use Google From. And it's hugely acceptable and well known to end-user. With Google's brand name on it end-user feels very comfortable and relatable. It can seamlessly integrate with any website, web apps, or Mobile Apps. And there are hundreds of integration available using 3rd party apps like Zapper.

Cons

One cons i should say about its no possible trace form submission, from which source (web, social media, apps) it submitted not easy to understand.

Industry: Automotive

Easy to use for everything you need

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

It's a great tool for work and school, very easy to use, you can create a form just in a few minutes and customize it with your brand or company design elements. The answers are summarized in a Google Sheet which makes it very easy to keep track and work with the data.

Pros

Google Forms is very easy to use! I created several Google Forms and for school when I was doing an extensive research for my college thesis, and I was able to collect all the answers with Google Forms, all I needed was a link to share my research form and I was able to keep track of all the answers. It logs all the submittions on a Google sheet, everything is automated.

Creating a Goofle Form is fairly easy, it gives you multiple options depending on the type of your question (you can select multiple answers, check boxes or write short or long answers). You can even attach photos that shows up as a link on your spreadsheet among the other responses (you can even print the attachments). It really gives you all the questions types you would need for a school paper or work project.

Depending on you settings, you can receive notifications every time someone submits a form. I have been using that function for work, so I am not missing out on any responses.

You can even choose from some designs or create your own, you can customize your form with uploading cover images or logos, which makes the form more professional than the default look. You can also organize you questions into sections and customize the thank you page.

It gives you the option to show a progress bar so whoever is answering the questions know how long it will approximately take them to fill out.

Cons

Design and customization are limited, it would be nice to have more creative, design elements to work with.

Industry: Education Management

Google Forms is a great tool for teachers!

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

I collect data every day at work. Google Forms lets me do so in an easy and efficient way. I don't have to worry about losing my data as it is stored online, and I can have other people help gather data by sharing forms with them.

Pros

Google Forms is a well-designed software program with a great variety of features. It works especially well for people who need to simplify data collection. Here are my favorite aspects of Google Forms:

1. It is very easy to use and can be learned just by playing around with it.

2. It lets you create forms, share them with others, and then submit multiple responses on one form. This is very helpful if you need to get info from multiple sources--for example, gathering student responses in a classroom setting.

3. It lets you create forms with different types of answers--you can create forms with multiple choice answers, long form answers, and checklist answers.

4. Best of all, it lets you export answers from forms to spreadsheets so you can track responses. This is fantastic if you need to monitor data easily and in one spot.

Cons

The only con I've encountered in Google Forms is that it can sometimes be annoying to navigate the process of creating a form and then sharing the form with others so you can view responses. It sometimes requires clicking on various items to get to that endpoint. I think this process could be streamlined for ease of use.

Anu G.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Collaborative real time information gathering

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Makes real time feedback and analysis easy to collect, analyse and share

Pros

Google Forms has solved the issue of collecting surveys/feedback/form type info from pen and paper format to a real time tool. Setting up a Google Form is extremely easy with defined templates for certain types of questions like check boxes/radio buttons/text boxes etc. It also maintains the confidentiality of the response by giving the option of not sharing the email ID. The survey responses are automatically analyzed and presented in an easy graphic. The detailed responses can be viewed on Google Sheets and can be downloaded on Excel too for further analysis. Overall this is a good tool for collecting information from forms.

Cons

Compared to other vendors like SurveyMonkey or Typeform, Google Forms lack the capability of beautiful user interface. The form can be designed using a template but these are very limited. Advanced Analytics is something that requires further API programming that may not be the cup of tea for the average user.

Nadia P.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and gets the job done

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Very positive for simple and quick surveys or feedback forms. I will continue to use this tool for anything that I don't need deep analytics for.

Pros

Google forms is easy to access and use, with a very shallow learning curve. It's my go-to when it comes to client or potential client feedback forms, and it's helped me create surveys that gain me insight into who my ideal clientele is on a deeper level (where do they live? what things do they like?)

Cons

It's limited in features. Unlike something like Survey Monkey, the analytics just aren't there. It's nice that everything can automatically get pulled into a Google Sheet, but from there, it's entirely up to you to analyze that data and draw meaning from it.

There are so many ways to use Google Forms -- and they are all free

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I knew about Google Forms for quite some time before I actually gave it a fair chance. As a software engineer, my default reaction to anything is to build it myself. But after I realized how vastly different use cases I can handle with Google Forms and how fast I can set up the forms, including input validation, custom flows and variety of question types and file upload, there is usually no reason to try to build anything myself. Google Forms takes 10 minutes to set up, and after that I have a ready, functional, software implementation that allows me to collect data.

Another thing that has amazed me is the variety of purposes it can be used for. In my team we have build questionnaires, email subscription forms, onboarding forms, graded quizzes and software uninstallation surveys with Google Forms, just to name a few.

I sincerely recommend, next time you need a way to collect information from multiple people, try Google Forms as your first option.

Pros

1) Ease of use - you can create yes/no questions, multiple choice, open-ended text input questions, and it even handles file upload

2) You can create custom flows based on previous answers - this allows designing forms where sections of questions can be skipped if they are not applicable

3) Google Forms is mobile friendly - I design my forms on a larger computer, but I typically use it for doing surveys on a mobile device. The user interface is designed to accommodate all difference screen sizes and adjusts nicely in every scenario.

Cons

Google forms comes with a very distinctive template and there are not many customization options. This may be because the layout is designed to be responsive, but I would like to have the opportunity to add more branding to the forms, i.e. more custom images and more opportunities for customizing the form header. This feature is not that significant when designing forms for personal use but it is significant when the intent is to share that form with external stakeholders.