Office Chat Reviews

Office Chat

Instant messaging service for SMBs

4.6/5 (163 reviews)
Rebecca S.

Our whole office loves officechat it is easy to use and a great way to pass on messages.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

That you can have a group chat in the office, as a travel agency if we want to send a message to multiple people we can. It is so easy to just type a message and send it instead of having to write it out on paper (saving paper aswell which is a bonus). Price is very good also!
One thing I REALLY like is that it shows two green ticks once it has been delivered so that I know it has actually reached the other person and I dont need to follow it up.

Cons

Sometimes the office chat will say 'idle' and then messages wont get delivered even when we have signed in, I think it does this when we havent used it for a bit during the day maybe? This is annoying because we use it every day.
Something I know everyone in this office would prefer is maybe like a box on the right hand side stay there until the message is opened so we know we have messages, I know it lights up orange but with so many icons down the bottom sometimes its hard to miss, I know a previous chat we used to have had this and it was much better to have something hover there to remind us we had messages.

Response from MangoApps

Rebecca, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Also- i've passed along your feedback from the cons you listed. Cheers!

Stephanie B.

OfficeChat

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

They prefer to be paid via credit card & do not really like invoicing. However, our company does not issue company credit cards & had to email back & forth asking if possible to set up for invoicing instead of credit cards. They were very helpful & understood our situation & were willing to make the change for us - even though this is not the norm for them.

Pros

When we did our research for a new officechat software, we were really impressed with the features that are available & the ease of use for the end users. Setting up the users is very simple & easy. Just needed to give the end users admin rights to install the software. Very easy to create groups & place people within. Reporting is really great & one is able to turn on & off features with a click on a button. The self destruct can be set with a timer which comes in handy when discussing private & confidential information.

Cons

When opening a ticket, waited for most times 24 hours to hear back from them. However, they do have the option to call in if required, however, since this is a virtual company, they prefer either chat or email

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Stephanie! We're happy to see that OfficeChat has been a good solution for your business. I hope that future support requests are handled more quickly, we appreciate your patience as you grow with us! Cheers

David S.

Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Overall, OfficeChat has saved us time, paper, and clicks on our copier system. I'd definitely say we're operating more efficiently as an organization!

Pros

The software is extremely functional with lots of features we needed as an internal IM/Chat system for our staff. The implementation was really easy and I honestly haven't had any complaints from staff about using or trying to use the software. Plus the ability to send messages with files/attachments is a huge plus, certainly cuts down on the amount of time we spend composing emails or printing documents to just walk them across the office.

Cons

Software installation itself can be a pain sometimes. I had 2 particular issues where OfficeChat refused to install on a new Windows 10 machines because a "required component" would fail to download over and over. I believe it was an issue with the fact that OfficeChat installer was calling out the need for Microsoft VC 3.5 but the machines already had a newer version installed...? I'd have to follow up with my support team to verify the issue was corrected but I'm sure it was.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Tara S.

We use this to bring employees from 4 offices right to each of our fingertips.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

To keep in touch with our other co-workers in different offices around the state.

Pros

I can easily find other employees that I work with and send them a message. I also like the features like "show when read", "delete after read', etc. I really like the one that shows me after the other person reads it. No one is able to say that they did not get the message because I have a read receipt. I also like how easy it is to attach a file and send it off.

Cons

I do not like the lack of emojis. I know this is a very simple thing, but that is really the only thing I can think of. I really would give this program a 10 out of 10. I can't think of any other problems I've had with this.

Response from MangoApps

Tara, thank you for providing us with a review and sharing your feedback regarding Emojis! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. If there are other product requests or ideas that you may have in the future, don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again!

Excellent Chat Platform for Office work

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

This Chat software has help us reduce phone call time and makes our jobs more efficient, you can get answers from work collegues faster than by email and if they are not available you dont need to leave a "phone message" and wonder if they listen to them or not. With the chat you see a notification when they read it.
We use it every day as an internal communication tool, and even for company announcements with a whole office chat group.

Pros

It is a very simple and powerfull Chat solution. It shows when messages are delivered and read by the other person.
You can attached images or documents.

Cons

It doesn´t have a popup notification option, that would be helpful because sometimes you can miss a new message.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I wanted to let you know that Office Chat does have a popup notification option- would you be willing to reach out to our support to have this resolved for you? Thank you again!

Gabby G.

Easy and fast way to stay connected!

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

The benefit of using MangoApps is to be connected in this fast pace world. Working in the Service area, we need to be in reach for problem solving in a much faster way than email. It allows us to see who is available so that we work a bit more efficiently. The group chats are great as we can plan and discuss through the App instead of having to have quick meetings throughout the day. Overall, I am happy with the investment and I cannot imagine my daily work without this great tool.

Pros

MangoApps is great in order to stay connected and within reach at any time, easy to use on your PC/laptop or cell phone.
It allows me to check who is available when issues arise in a very fast way and, in turn; I am available for any emergencies or planning.

Cons

We've only had one occasion were it was not working as expected but we reached out to the Online help and it was solved quickly and they were very polite. Other than this, I have no complaints on it.

Response from MangoApps

Gabby, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Chris B.

We use office chat heavily throughout the day to communicate with our small team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

The software provides a very user friendly office chat that has a simple interface making the learning curve easy for anyone who has ever used an instant messenger. It is not overburdened with a lot of additional functionality. It sticks to the basics and doesn't become distracting. It also allows for visible customizable away messages/indicators in the chat window so that everyone can see specifically what is going on with each team member at a glance. Finally, the live chat support is incredible. chatting with a real person who can walk you through any use of the product and takes your live feedback is outstanding, especially for the cost.

Cons

Messages sometimes appear out of order. The away messages/status indicators sometimes will not be updated across all users instantly. After being set statuses sometimes revert back to the previous status without reason. It lacks the ability to save more than 5 recent custom statuses.

Response from MangoApps

Chris, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

Eric S.

Service functions as intended. Nothing too impressive, but does what it needs to do well

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Easy to use, simple interface. Easy to communicate with co-workers

Pros

Straight forward and simple application. Works like any text chat system. Easy to communicate with other members easily.

Cons

With respect to the PHONE application, I would appreciate being able to silence notifications when messages are sent in certain groups. Having my phone vibrate every single instance a chat message is sent in a chat group I am in (though may just be monitoring, not even actively participating in) is obnoxious at times. Being able to have a notifications occur only if a new message hasn't occurred in "x" time interval, or just silence all together for certain groups would be appreciated. However, if this feature is already available it is not readily apparent to me.

Response from MangoApps

Eric, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I hope that you've been able to address the issues you have had with mobile notifications- if not please reach out.

6.0/10
Jacquelyn L.

Office Chat for Small Medical- Physician Business

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Exceptional. As I described above, this program has been extremely useful for me and my staff.

Pros

Versatility! I can use on my smart phone, computer at home and computer at work... I can message my office staff directly without picking up the phone. Chat back and forth to maximize workflow - HIPAA compliant so don’t have to worry about safety of patient information. Group or single text is so easy. Able to snap photos and send documents! This is the best chat service I can think of. COMPLETELY impressed! And on top of all that is is SO AFFORDABLE. All my employees love it! Great job office chat!

Cons

I can’t think of anything I really “dislike.” I would suggest ability to invite people by using phone number/text message instead of requirement of email address. Ability to integrate a patient reminder service by text message would be cool too.

Response from MangoApps

Jacquelyn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Carissa C.

Our small office utilizes this program on a daily basis and loves the convenience it brings.

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

An increase in ease and convenience of minute to minute, or daily communication that is necessary throughout the office between co-workers.

Pros

Our employees most appreciate that you can download it as an App on your phone, so you can keep in touch and communicate even when away from the office.

Cons

On rare occasion, the messages can lag and cause a mix in communication. Also starting a new conversation to a new co-worker sometimes wouldn't show what you had sent so it was unlcear if you had sent the message.

Response from MangoApps

Carissa, thank you for your review and feedback! It means a lot to us to know when our customers appreciate the tools that we provide to businesses like yours. I have passed along the feedback, so we can track and improve any ongoing issues that customers may be facing. Thank you again!

David A.

Office Chat - The Good, The Bad, The Chatty....

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

I can only speak about Office Chat, as that is the only MangoApp we use:
Overall we like this app, we have been using it for two years with great success.
I would love to see some updates happen to help with some of the issues of stability and system resource usage.

Pros

-Easy to use
-Keeps full history which can be searched at any time
-Mobile App syncs with desktop application
-Easy file share and transferring
-Cost
-Security and Privacy

Cons

-Stability issues
-More system memory required then what you would expect
-Mobile app intermittenly will not send or receive messages
-When using desktop app, mobile device will not update, then all of a sudden you will receive a full days worth of notifications.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback regarding the CPU usage and notifications. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

As of now, there are no issues. We just use to communicate with each other. If someone is with a client, this is a way to send a message right away and they'll get to it when time allows them.

Pros

Very easy to use and very helpful to communicate. It replaced a messenger that was free but discontinued. We are in a small office and it helps communicate with the other employees without having to discuss confidential matters out loud or get a point addressed without interrupting the other employee while they are with a client. It helps us be more productive.

Cons

We do not use all of the features, which is fine because we are a small office. We just wanted to keep communication and share information or documents with each other.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Stan M.

OfficeChat really helps us connect across the office or across the country. File sharing is great!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Quick, easy, interoffice communication with instant pop-up notification
Easy file sharing

Pros

Ability to communicate across the room or across country
Ability to quickly easily share files
Pop-up notification for new messages (this was VERY important to us)
Ease of installation, setup, and implementation
A very nice replacement of Yahoo Instant Messenger
Instant notification of new messages

We are a small office of 10 people. We had been using Yahoo Instant Messenger for years to quickly communicate across the office, when we didn't want to "yell" to one another :) But when YIM stopped functioning as we needed, we shopped around. OfficeChat does everything we need, and it's very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it. We had looked at several potentials, but NONE had measured up like this one.

Cons

We really have no cons to this product. It does everything we need. The only thing that could be better would be if it were free :) But really the pricing is extremely reasonable.

Response from MangoApps

Stan, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I wish we could offer the product for free, but i'm happy to hear that you find our pricing to be reasonable. Cheers!

Diana l N.

Office Chat review

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Interactions are improved because responses can be quicker

Pros

The ease in contacting fellow worker(s) without email and getting a quick answer. Also so easy to give telephone messages instead of those little pieces of paper. The group chats instead of calling an actual meeting because a question came up, gathering lunch orders. Also the private chat is great for all the same reasons. Let's not forget the occasional joke. Really like it.

Cons

The only complaint I've heard from everyone here is when you are typing and an Office Chat pops up what you are typing gets typed on the Office Chat response and not the document intended. Annoying.

Response from MangoApps

Diana, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Awesome software for communicating with coworkers

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

We are able to have instant communications with coworkers.

Pros

Officechat is very simple to use. Simple sign on with your same company email address. You can have a list of most recent or frequently contacted coworkers, and you can have access to a list of all coworkers within the company that are logged in. You can also see their status, to see if they are actually at their PCs or away from their desks. Also, you can send images, gifs and other documents through your chat window.

Cons

The software feels somewhat clunky at times, and once or twice a month we loose connection to the service for several minutes during the day. Not sure if related to an issue with the company providing the service or with our Internet connection.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your feedback and review! If you have any connectivity issues that persist, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for support. We'll be happy to take a look at what is happening to resolve.

Karla R.

Communication with ease

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

With the HIPAA compliance in health care, this messaging software allows us to communicate in and out of the office setting without the worry of sharing patient names. There are many patients with duplicate first and last names so coordinating treatment which includes communication can be difficult when trying to abbreviate etc. With Office Chat that is not necessary.

Cons

There are a few team members that do not receive notification so they have to open the app frequently to check for new messages on their mobile devices.

Response from MangoApps

Karla, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. If your issues persist, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for support. Thank you again!

Daniel V.

Good software to communicate with coworkers.

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

I use it every day in the office, I don't have to move from my desk to communicate with my coworkers. It has an away mode that helps you know if someone is away from their desk. It is really useful.

Pros

Office chat gives you the facility to be in constant communication with your colleagues in the same network. Offer some modern tools as the GIF and emojis, also allow to send files.

Cons

Tends to freeze constantly when you receive a big file.

Response from MangoApps

Hi Daniel, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback! I'm glad to hear that Office Chat is meeting your needs and fits well into your daily work life. I will be sure to pass along the feedback in regards to the freezing. If you don't mind, please reach out to our support team, i'd like to see if this is something we can easily address.

6.0/10
Kelly L.

A popular group chat software

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

A good replacement for Skype, if you are tired of Skype, you may try this one

Pros

Office Chat can do Voice, Video & Screen Sharing, which is super convenient. It's so easy to set up, our company used to use Skype, but now we prefer Skype.

Cons

Basically, I love every function of Office Chat. I just hope it could provide more Moji choice, we love to use Moji to chat.

Cost Effective & Easy Solution To Keep Your Team In The Messaging Loop

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

By using Office Chat, we can communicate with each other freely and easily all day. This help us avoid tying up precious time on the phone - if you have a quick question, just message it to your colleague and get an answer fast!

Pros

Office Chat is one of the easiest chat apps on the market. Not only is it very cost effective, but it was very easy for all our users to set up on their desktops. It also has a mobile feature which is great so you can message while you are away from your desk. I would highly recommend it!

Cons

Nothing- I don't have any negatives with using Office Chat!

Sean G.

Healthcare user

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

We initially purchased OfficeChat as a communication tool for our providers and their nurse. They thought it was so helpful that we continued to add users until we decided it was best just to create an account for everyone.

Pros

Office chat is easy to use and set up. I like the ability to do video chat and send files.

Cons

I wish groups were easier to manage, so we could set up a few common groups, rather than every multiple chat creating a group.

I also wish it were easier to deploy so it would be on every machine regardless of who logs in.

Response from MangoApps

Sean, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Lisa L.

Great communication option for busy businesses.

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

We are able to talk to our other location without having to pick up the phone every time. We can send a message and they can respond when they are not busy. You can set up many users and we find it very useful. We use it everyday and a lot. It is so easy to set up and use.

Cons

Not being able to use it when the internet is down! LOL

Response from MangoApps

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Annette M.

Very easy and convenient to use. I use it 90% of the time

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

I work in Escrow and a lot of my co-workers are in another location and its easier to ask a quick question without having to send an email only to have it get lost in the sea of the other emails that we receive on an hourly basis. Using this sends a ping right away to the recipient and allow for my questions to get answer much quicker than sending an email

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it that the chat screen still shows old chats from employees who do not work at the company any longer and for some reason I can not find a way to remove them. All of our old chats are on my dashboard and I would like to remove them. If there is a way to remove them, I have not found it yet.

Response from MangoApps

Annette, thank you for your review! We appreciate having your business. I will be sure to pass along your feedback!

David S.

Perfect Solution For Our Needs!

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Easy to setup, quick communication, and simple file sharing

Pros

The software was easy to setup on both client workstations and on the server. The integration with Exchange also went smooth! Starting conversations and sending small files over chat saves us a ton of walking around time to the various departments or having to send needless emails. Love the product!

Cons

Occasionally we won't get a notification for a chat we received but that's not too often and it's usually isolated only to the mobile app version.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

June T.

feedback

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

i can cummunicate with everyone either individually or altogether through writing and the same for them with their responses to me . I am just missing the pieve of an audio conference with them

Pros

I can communicate with everyone that is working

Cons

I can not have an audio conference with them. I have to call them all on their phones and conference them in

Response from MangoApps

June, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Ralph M.

Geat App!

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

It's been a great experience using the app.

Pros

The app is very reliable and offers great futures.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had is to change your status example - away, out to lunch, busy, do not disturb and etc... and let the user know when you are away when they send you a message.

Response from MangoApps

Ralph, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along the feedback regarding status options. Thank you again!