Office Chat

Instant messaging service for SMBs

Glenn M.

Decent product unless you use Microsoft Remote Desktop Services

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

I would strongly recommend this product for situations where users are on separate machines using the actual application. It does have many good features and the performance is acceptable. However, this is not currently a good solution if your users must access the application from a Remote Desktop Services environment. It *might* perform better in a different multi-user-single-server environment. In fact, we got the strong impression that they had not dealt with a client even our size before, definitely not on an RDS environment, and they were scrambling to catch up. The we-based option was very unreliable, often failing to reflect current messages and not alerting users to new messages.

Pros

Ease of setting up users and creating groups; availability of web-based version; option to have server hosted in the cloud; administrative ability to review message activity.

Cons

Very CPU-heavy, often averaging 15% of the CPU depending on each user's activity (not good with multiple users on an RDS server); web-based version very unreliable even with an unclogged 100Mbps Internet feed; was not designed for Microsoft RDS (to be fair they came out with an RDS-friendly installation about a month after we purchased it); product probably sold from somewhere in Asia (not a problem in itself except for adding an extra day to advanced tech support queries).

Response from MangoApps

Glenn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding CPU usage and web version stability. Thank you again!

Office Chat makes in office communication easier

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Great, it has really helped us communicate professionally and quickly while working with patients.

Pros

We all know how to text message. Office chat mimics this to make it easier to communicate within inter-office systems.

Cons

That each computer needs a separate email address associated with it. Therefore, you cannot have multiple office chat computers linked to one email account.

Rebecca S.

Our whole office loves officechat it is easy to use and a great way to pass on messages.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

That you can have a group chat in the office, as a travel agency if we want to send a message to multiple people we can. It is so easy to just type a message and send it instead of having to write it out on paper (saving paper aswell which is a bonus). Price is very good also!
One thing I REALLY like is that it shows two green ticks once it has been delivered so that I know it has actually reached the other person and I dont need to follow it up.

Cons

Sometimes the office chat will say 'idle' and then messages wont get delivered even when we have signed in, I think it does this when we havent used it for a bit during the day maybe? This is annoying because we use it every day.
Something I know everyone in this office would prefer is maybe like a box on the right hand side stay there until the message is opened so we know we have messages, I know it lights up orange but with so many icons down the bottom sometimes its hard to miss, I know a previous chat we used to have had this and it was much better to have something hover there to remind us we had messages.

Response from MangoApps

Rebecca, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Also- i've passed along your feedback from the cons you listed. Cheers!

Stephanie B.

OfficeChat

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

They prefer to be paid via credit card & do not really like invoicing. However, our company does not issue company credit cards & had to email back & forth asking if possible to set up for invoicing instead of credit cards. They were very helpful & understood our situation & were willing to make the change for us - even though this is not the norm for them.

Pros

When we did our research for a new officechat software, we were really impressed with the features that are available & the ease of use for the end users. Setting up the users is very simple & easy. Just needed to give the end users admin rights to install the software. Very easy to create groups & place people within. Reporting is really great & one is able to turn on & off features with a click on a button. The self destruct can be set with a timer which comes in handy when discussing private & confidential information.

Cons

When opening a ticket, waited for most times 24 hours to hear back from them. However, they do have the option to call in if required, however, since this is a virtual company, they prefer either chat or email

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Stephanie! We're happy to see that OfficeChat has been a good solution for your business. I hope that future support requests are handled more quickly, we appreciate your patience as you grow with us! Cheers

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Chatting Made Simple

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Overall, our company is very pleased with Office Chat.

Pros

We have a home office with multiple satellite offices around the country and in England. With Office Chat we are able to quickly connect with each other. The fact that we can send attachments has made life so much easier.

Cons

I am not a fan of the software installation. It can be rather cumbersome at times. Sometimes when you open a ticket it is not addressed for 12-24 hours.

Response from MangoApps

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Thank you for yourf feedback regarding our support, these are growing pains of our growing popularity that we are rapidly addressing. Thank you for your patience and trust in our product!

Stan M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

OfficeChat really helps us connect across the office or across the country. File sharing is...

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Quick, easy, interoffice communication with instant pop-up notification
Easy file sharing

Pros

Ability to communicate across the room or across country
Ability to quickly easily share files
Pop-up notification for new messages (this was VERY important to us)
Ease of installation, setup, and implementation
A very nice replacement of Yahoo Instant Messenger
Instant notification of new messages

We are a small office of 10 people. We had been using Yahoo Instant Messenger for years to quickly communicate across the office, when we didn't want to "yell" to one another :) But when YIM stopped functioning as we needed, we shopped around. OfficeChat does everything we need, and it's very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it. We had looked at several potentials, but NONE had measured up like this one.

Cons

We really have no cons to this product. It does everything we need. The only thing that could be better would be if it were free :) But really the pricing is extremely reasonable.

Response from MangoApps

Stan, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I wish we could offer the product for free, but i'm happy to hear that you find our pricing to be reasonable. Cheers!

June T.

feedback

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

i can cummunicate with everyone either individually or altogether through writing and the same for them with their responses to me . I am just missing the pieve of an audio conference with them

Pros

I can communicate with everyone that is working

Cons

I can not have an audio conference with them. I have to call them all on their phones and conference them in

Response from MangoApps

June, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Shalinie P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Office chat creates a smooth and efficient platform for communication with teams and...

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

I am able to quickly ask questions and look back at an old conversation. I am also able to share the same information with an entire group immediately.

Pros

I like that the alerts pop up instantaneously - you don't have to have office chat open for someone to send you a message. It is always running in the background.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot delete the previous chats because you are not the "administrator". However, it does keep the conversation work-related and doesn't lead to being off-topic and inappropriate. I don't like that you can't select and delete previous conversations, even if they are 6 months old.

Response from MangoApps

Shalinie, thank you for your review and feedback! I hope that Office Chat continues to be a party of your daily workflow, making communication easier for your business.

Genevieve F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good for Teamwork

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

We used this software pre-COVID, but especially now it makes it easy to quickly communicate with team members, discuss ideas and send screenshots back and forth, and get work done. Overall, it's a pretty easy and efficient program to use.

Cons

There are a few kinks, like every item on your clipboard will resend to a chat whenever remote desktop is restarted (it's awkward when you've sent 10 screenshots in the morning, go on lunch break, and then everything gets resent when you come back to your desk). I've also had a few issues with office chat not syncing the conversation or popping up when someone new messages me.

Jenny J.

Not bad for small business

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Pros

We like this to communicate in our therapy office, it is quick and easy to use

Cons

Many glitches, where sometimes messages say they are delivered and aren't. Not always reliable, can click on a name to open a message box and another random one opens instead

Cara L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

It's nice to have an interoffice chat that is HIPAA compliant, working in a medical office.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Use of HIPAA compliant chat within medical office

Pros

Very easy to use and the app comes in handy when I'm out of the office and staff needs to contact me.

Cons

On my desktop, it doesn't always notify me when I receive a message. So sometimes I will not realize I have a missed message until I go to send someone else a message.

Response from MangoApps

Cara, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I hope your notification issue is resolve, if not please contact us!

Jesse A.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Working with office chat has streamlined a lot of the communication short falls within our...

Quicker easier communication

Pros

I like the fact that documents can be sent via the chat as well a that you are able to see if the person you are reaching out too is available or busy.

Cons

I have not found an aspect of office chat yet that i would consider a con. For our application Office chat provides what we need for great value

Response from MangoApps

Jesse, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

Dawn S.

We love Office Chat! Simple, affordable and well-rounded tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

I can use the app on my phone to communicate with all team members back at the office. This expedites our projects and reduces delays.

Cons

Only that I didn't find it sooner! We tried multiple messaging apps before finding this solution.

Response from MangoApps

Dawn, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. That feedback is exactly what we like to hear! I'm glad that you eventually found us. Thank you!

Zam K.

Great, convenient software

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Fast, reliable software that gets the job done. Easy to use and works on windows and mac seamlessly. I use it in a environment that chat services are a must. Office chat is a life saver.

Cons

Sometimes i have to log out and back in to refresh the chats and i don't messages on my phone at times.

Response from MangoApps

Zam, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

David H.
  • Industry: Accounting

I really like OfficeChat because it enables our employees to send messages without having to...

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Ease of use, increase in productivity, best way to chat among staff, and it saves us a lot of time/confusion with client interaction.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. It enables us to chat among staff without waiting for emails, that tend to bog us down, and it helps our productivity immensly.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. Thank you for being a value customer!

Carl C.

Office Chat, an excellent communication tool.

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I needed a private chat system for my team. Office Chat was a great choice, quick to setup, easy to use, and meets my needs.

Pros

The interface is easy to utilize and intuitive. Great team collaboration tools!

Cons

While using this tool for about 6 months I did not encounter any moments where I wished for a change in the solution.

Response from MangoApps

Carl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thanks again!

Office Chat Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

Analytics and personnel management, admin portal

Cons

Not able to copy past images (must be attachment)

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Marsha T.

Great Interoffice Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up a user. There's no learning curve. The price that we pay for the services we receive are equitable.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes about the software.

Jesse B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great app, I really like the fact it is encrypted.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Able to talk to my employees freely at anytime of the day or night.

Pros

I can text information that I would not normally text through cell service SMS. It is very easy to use, and love how fast it is.

Cons

Occasionally I have to check to ensure it is open or the notifications don't come through. Honestly that is the only issues I have seen.

Karina S.

Office chats works quick and easy with our financial institution and easy to communicate!

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

I like that it is relatively simple to use for all employees. Easy access for everyone and all employees use it on a daily use.

Cons

Nothing, the software is great. There is absolutely no cons for this app. Our financial institution uses it on a daily use.

Response from MangoApps

Karina, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

Anna M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

it is helpful without the interruption of a phone call

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

I have instant access to one of our major distributors. And they have instant access to me without the interruption of the phone.

Pros

I like that it is instant and it allows me to "roll" back the conversation to verify information that was previously mentioned. I also like that I can print off the conversation to bring the question to others not signed in.

Cons

I wish that the dialog screen wasn't so far down on my computer screen. If I could move it around, that would be so much more convenient for me. also, is there an option for a sound to go off when a message comes through

Response from MangoApps

Anna, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. I am glad to hear that our product serves you well.

Randall H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

great software

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

My overall experience with office chat if you utilitze it I think it would be a great software

Pros

The thing i liked most about the software office chat is that you were able to communicate with easy.

Cons

The thing i dis liked about the software office chat it did seem to be a little slow at times. maybe cause we were just doing free trial.

Response from MangoApps

Randall, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jhon G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

good software

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

good

Pros

cloud based / no installation needed / easy to use

Cons

when messages are received keeps constantly popping up messages window despite office chat being chat window being minimized

Response from MangoApps

Jhon, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Michelle B.

Office Chat is a great replacement for AIM

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

Great software to use with employees a they do not have to have it linked or downloaded to their cellphones

Cons

I wish I could control the volume of the program so incoming messages will be louder than the other programs running on my PC

Response from MangoApps

Michelle, thank you for your review! We're glad to see that Office Chat works well for your business.

Ammon O.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

It does what it's supposed to do, but with some annoyances.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

On the computer, the app runs fine and I have only minor complaints. It functions as a perfectly normal and serviceable Messenger-type app. On my Android phone it is an absolute nightmare, forever closing whatever I'm doing and bringing up Office Chat regardless of whether I've just received a message or not.

Pros

It's organized pretty obviously, with conversations with individuals labeled clearly and organized by recentness.

Cons

Every time I open my phone for any app, at least twice in ten minutes the app I am using will minimize as Office Chat opens. This is not in response to receiving a new message; it simply opens in the middle of literally anything else. Even if Office Chat is open as one of the other apps running in the background, it will minimize the other apps and impose itself for no apparent reason. Notably, I have an Android phone.

The computer version has no such issues.