Office Chat

Annette M.
Industry: Real Estate

Very easy and convenient to use. I use it 90% of the time

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

I work in Escrow and a lot of my co-workers are in another location and its easier to ask a quick question without having to send an email only to have it get lost in the sea of the other emails that we receive on an hourly basis. Using this sends a ping right away to the recipient and allow for my questions to get answer much quicker than sending an email

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it that the chat screen still shows old chats from employees who do not work at the company any longer and for some reason I can not find a way to remove them. All of our old chats are on my dashboard and I would like to remove them. If there is a way to remove them, I have not found it yet.

Response from MangoApps

Annette, thank you for your review! We appreciate having your business. I will be sure to pass along your feedback!

David S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Overall, OfficeChat has saved us time, paper, and clicks on our copier system. I'd definitely say we're operating more efficiently as an organization!

Pros

The software is extremely functional with lots of features we needed as an internal IM/Chat system for our staff. The implementation was really easy and I honestly haven't had any complaints from staff about using or trying to use the software. Plus the ability to send messages with files/attachments is a huge plus, certainly cuts down on the amount of time we spend composing emails or printing documents to just walk them across the office.

Cons

Software installation itself can be a pain sometimes. I had 2 particular issues where OfficeChat refused to install on a new Windows 10 machines because a "required component" would fail to download over and over. I believe it was an issue with the fact that OfficeChat installer was calling out the need for Microsoft VC 3.5 but the machines already had a newer version installed...? I'd have to follow up with my support team to verify the issue was corrected but I'm sure it was.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Jim B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Secure intra-office messaging

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Overall, a decent replacement for IMIN Messenger which went out of business

Pros

The ease of deployment was the best feature. The administrative console was user friendly, and easy to navigate

Cons

The group function limitations. That you could not create a group to message to, unless the person is a member of that group. For us, the ability to message all the nurses from the frontdesk would be valuable, without the frontdesk having to see all the traffic between the nurses

Glenn M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Decent product unless you use Microsoft Remote Desktop Services

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

I would strongly recommend this product for situations where users are on separate machines using the actual application. It does have many good features and the performance is acceptable. However, this is not currently a good solution if your users must access the application from a Remote Desktop Services environment. It *might* perform better in a different multi-user-single-server environment. In fact, we got the strong impression that they had not dealt with a client even our size before, definitely not on an RDS environment, and they were scrambling to catch up. The we-based option was very unreliable, often failing to reflect current messages and not alerting users to new messages.

Pros

Ease of setting up users and creating groups; availability of web-based version; option to have server hosted in the cloud; administrative ability to review message activity.

Cons

Very CPU-heavy, often averaging 15% of the CPU depending on each user's activity (not good with multiple users on an RDS server); web-based version very unreliable even with an unclogged 100Mbps Internet feed; was not designed for Microsoft RDS (to be fair they came out with an RDS-friendly installation about a month after we purchased it); product probably sold from somewhere in Asia (not a problem in itself except for adding an extra day to advanced tech support queries).

Response from MangoApps

Glenn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding CPU usage and web version stability. Thank you again!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christopher L.
Industry: Education Management

Very friendly UI, great software and can be customized

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Overall, this software has lots of potential and will be even better if the issues are fixed.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. It has lots of features that are available for users to implement. Creating chat groups are so easy and are highly customisable which appeals to lots of people. There are also lots of function beside text chatting.

Cons

Sometimes this software have issues with syncing messages on different platforms and can have problems with sharing videos or gifs.

Response from MangoApps

Hi Christopher thank you for taking the time to review Office Chat! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to have you as a customer. I will be sure to pass on your issues and please be sure to contact us if issues persist.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tara A.
Industry: Accounting

Office Chat

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

A bit confusing to find chats and Cant see names of groups

Pros

The ease of it and the fast communication. Able to access on the phone or computer

Cons

A bit confusing to find chats and delete

Genevieve F.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good for Teamwork

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

We used this software pre-COVID, but especially now it makes it easy to quickly communicate with team members, discuss ideas and send screenshots back and forth, and get work done. Overall, it's a pretty easy and efficient program to use.

Cons

There are a few kinks, like every item on your clipboard will resend to a chat whenever remote desktop is restarted (it's awkward when you've sent 10 screenshots in the morning, go on lunch break, and then everything gets resent when you come back to your desk). I've also had a few issues with office chat not syncing the conversation or popping up when someone new messages me.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

David H.
Industry: Capital Markets

Office Chat is a perfect solution for small business owners!

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Pros

We looked for a system that allowed us to set up user "groups" to keep communications to only certain groups. We also have regulations in our industry to keep certain conversations confidential from other staff. Office chat was the perfect fit for us!

Cons

Price is a bit high in my opinion, but value makes up for it. I will always pay more when the benefits offered by the product far exceed the price and office chat does just that!

Dillon K.
Industry: Insurance

The solution for inter office communication.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall this solution is good. If you want something that deploys in an hour and requires no training to use, Office Chat is a no brainer. Something common among this and many other easy to use software solutions is there are limited to no advanced configurable options.

Pros

I love the software because of its ease of use and ease of deployment; encrypted IM without the headache.

Cons

The windows take up to much screen retail at 1080p, and the software doesn't have many options for customizing the window layout. It seems to be hard-locked to about 480 pixels wide on the chat boxes.

Christa B.
Industry: Veterinary

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I have never had a bad experience with Office Chat. I love being able to communicate with my co workers even from home.

Pros

Everything is perfect with this software.

Cons

Honestly there is not one con that I can think of for this software

Rebecca S.
Industry: Retail

Our whole office loves officechat it is easy to use and a great way to pass on messages.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

That you can have a group chat in the office, as a travel agency if we want to send a message to multiple people we can. It is so easy to just type a message and send it instead of having to write it out on paper (saving paper aswell which is a bonus). Price is very good also!
One thing I REALLY like is that it shows two green ticks once it has been delivered so that I know it has actually reached the other person and I dont need to follow it up.

Cons

Sometimes the office chat will say 'idle' and then messages wont get delivered even when we have signed in, I think it does this when we havent used it for a bit during the day maybe? This is annoying because we use it every day.
Something I know everyone in this office would prefer is maybe like a box on the right hand side stay there until the message is opened so we know we have messages, I know it lights up orange but with so many icons down the bottom sometimes its hard to miss, I know a previous chat we used to have had this and it was much better to have something hover there to remind us we had messages.

Response from MangoApps

Rebecca, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Also- i've passed along your feedback from the cons you listed. Cheers!

Stephanie B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

OfficeChat

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

They prefer to be paid via credit card & do not really like invoicing. However, our company does not issue company credit cards & had to email back & forth asking if possible to set up for invoicing instead of credit cards. They were very helpful & understood our situation & were willing to make the change for us - even though this is not the norm for them.

Pros

When we did our research for a new officechat software, we were really impressed with the features that are available & the ease of use for the end users. Setting up the users is very simple & easy. Just needed to give the end users admin rights to install the software. Very easy to create groups & place people within. Reporting is really great & one is able to turn on & off features with a click on a button. The self destruct can be set with a timer which comes in handy when discussing private & confidential information.

Cons

When opening a ticket, waited for most times 24 hours to hear back from them. However, they do have the option to call in if required, however, since this is a virtual company, they prefer either chat or email

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review Stephanie! We're happy to see that OfficeChat has been a good solution for your business. I hope that future support requests are handled more quickly, we appreciate your patience as you grow with us! Cheers

Tara S.
Industry: Insurance

We use this to bring employees from 4 offices right to each of our fingertips.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

To keep in touch with our other co-workers in different offices around the state.

Pros

I can easily find other employees that I work with and send them a message. I also like the features like "show when read", "delete after read', etc. I really like the one that shows me after the other person reads it. No one is able to say that they did not get the message because I have a read receipt. I also like how easy it is to attach a file and send it off.

Cons

I do not like the lack of emojis. I know this is a very simple thing, but that is really the only thing I can think of. I really would give this program a 10 out of 10. I can't think of any other problems I've had with this.

Response from MangoApps

Tara, thank you for providing us with a review and sharing your feedback regarding Emojis! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. If there are other product requests or ideas that you may have in the future, don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again!

Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Chat Platform for Office work

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

This Chat software has help us reduce phone call time and makes our jobs more efficient, you can get answers from work collegues faster than by email and if they are not available you dont need to leave a "phone message" and wonder if they listen to them or not. With the chat you see a notification when they read it.
We use it every day as an internal communication tool, and even for company announcements with a whole office chat group.

Pros

It is a very simple and powerfull Chat solution. It shows when messages are delivered and read by the other person.
You can attached images or documents.

Cons

It doesn´t have a popup notification option, that would be helpful because sometimes you can miss a new message.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I wanted to let you know that Office Chat does have a popup notification option- would you be willing to reach out to our support to have this resolved for you? Thank you again!

Gabby G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy and fast way to stay connected!

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

The benefit of using MangoApps is to be connected in this fast pace world. Working in the Service area, we need to be in reach for problem solving in a much faster way than email. It allows us to see who is available so that we work a bit more efficiently. The group chats are great as we can plan and discuss through the App instead of having to have quick meetings throughout the day. Overall, I am happy with the investment and I cannot imagine my daily work without this great tool.

Pros

MangoApps is great in order to stay connected and within reach at any time, easy to use on your PC/laptop or cell phone.
It allows me to check who is available when issues arise in a very fast way and, in turn; I am available for any emergencies or planning.

Cons

We've only had one occasion were it was not working as expected but we reached out to the Online help and it was solved quickly and they were very polite. Other than this, I have no complaints on it.

Response from MangoApps

Gabby, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!

Chris B.

We use office chat heavily throughout the day to communicate with our small team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

The software provides a very user friendly office chat that has a simple interface making the learning curve easy for anyone who has ever used an instant messenger. It is not overburdened with a lot of additional functionality. It sticks to the basics and doesn't become distracting. It also allows for visible customizable away messages/indicators in the chat window so that everyone can see specifically what is going on with each team member at a glance. Finally, the live chat support is incredible. chatting with a real person who can walk you through any use of the product and takes your live feedback is outstanding, especially for the cost.

Cons

Messages sometimes appear out of order. The away messages/status indicators sometimes will not be updated across all users instantly. After being set statuses sometimes revert back to the previous status without reason. It lacks the ability to save more than 5 recent custom statuses.

Response from MangoApps

Chris, thank you for your review of Office Chat! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. Cheers!

Eric S.
Industry: Medical Practice

Service functions as intended. Nothing too impressive, but does what it needs to do well

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Easy to use, simple interface. Easy to communicate with co-workers

Pros

Straight forward and simple application. Works like any text chat system. Easy to communicate with other members easily.

Cons

With respect to the PHONE application, I would appreciate being able to silence notifications when messages are sent in certain groups. Having my phone vibrate every single instance a chat message is sent in a chat group I am in (though may just be monitoring, not even actively participating in) is obnoxious at times. Being able to have a notifications occur only if a new message hasn't occurred in "x" time interval, or just silence all together for certain groups would be appreciated. However, if this feature is already available it is not readily apparent to me.

Response from MangoApps

Eric, thank you for taking the time to review OfficeChat! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I hope that you've been able to address the issues you have had with mobile notifications- if not please reach out.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Office mate group chatting with office chat

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

It help to build a strong connection and good trust . Little bit get enjoy chatting through this software during office time .

Pros

This is very friendly software for chat in office and have good connection with office mate through office chat . Not only that it helps to build up good connections with client . And also when send messages we can know is it deliver to the person or not .

Cons

According to my interest less emojifies. Some to when shows my message delivered to the person but actually doesn’t deliver to person.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Please contact us if your deliverability issue persists, we would love to work with you to resolve this. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jacquelyn L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Office Chat for Small Medical- Physician Business

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Exceptional. As I described above, this program has been extremely useful for me and my staff.

Pros

Versatility! I can use on my smart phone, computer at home and computer at work... I can message my office staff directly without picking up the phone. Chat back and forth to maximize workflow - HIPAA compliant so don’t have to worry about safety of patient information. Group or single text is so easy. Able to snap photos and send documents! This is the best chat service I can think of. COMPLETELY impressed! And on top of all that is is SO AFFORDABLE. All my employees love it! Great job office chat!

Cons

I can’t think of anything I really “dislike.” I would suggest ability to invite people by using phone number/text message instead of requirement of email address. Ability to integrate a patient reminder service by text message would be cool too.

Response from MangoApps

Jacquelyn, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback. Thank you again!

Carissa C.
Industry: Law Practice

Our small office utilizes this program on a daily basis and loves the convenience it brings.

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

An increase in ease and convenience of minute to minute, or daily communication that is necessary throughout the office between co-workers.

Pros

Our employees most appreciate that you can download it as an App on your phone, so you can keep in touch and communicate even when away from the office.

Cons

On rare occasion, the messages can lag and cause a mix in communication. Also starting a new conversation to a new co-worker sometimes wouldn't show what you had sent so it was unlcear if you had sent the message.

Response from MangoApps

Carissa, thank you for your review and feedback! It means a lot to us to know when our customers appreciate the tools that we provide to businesses like yours. I have passed along the feedback, so we can track and improve any ongoing issues that customers may be facing. Thank you again!

Kelly L.
Industry: Accounting

A popular group chat software

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

A good replacement for Skype, if you are tired of Skype, you may try this one

Pros

Office Chat can do Voice, Video & Screen Sharing, which is super convenient. It's so easy to set up, our company used to use Skype, but now we prefer Skype.

Cons

Basically, I love every function of Office Chat. I just hope it could provide more Moji choice, we love to use Moji to chat.

Response from MangoApps

Kelly, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. We appreciate having you as a customer- thank you again!

Jessica S.

Chatting Made Simple

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Overall, our company is very pleased with Office Chat.

Pros

We have a home office with multiple satellite offices around the country and in England. With Office Chat we are able to quickly connect with each other. The fact that we can send attachments has made life so much easier.

Cons

I am not a fan of the software installation. It can be rather cumbersome at times. Sometimes when you open a ticket it is not addressed for 12-24 hours.

Response from MangoApps

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your workflow. Thank you for yourf feedback regarding our support, these are growing pains of our growing popularity that we are rapidly addressing. Thank you for your patience and trust in our product!

David A.
Industry: Law Practice

Office Chat - The Good, The Bad, The Chatty....

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

I can only speak about Office Chat, as that is the only MangoApp we use:
Overall we like this app, we have been using it for two years with great success.
I would love to see some updates happen to help with some of the issues of stability and system resource usage.

Pros

-Easy to use
-Keeps full history which can be searched at any time
-Mobile App syncs with desktop application
-Easy file share and transferring
-Cost
-Security and Privacy

Cons

-Stability issues
-More system memory required then what you would expect
-Mobile app intermittenly will not send or receive messages
-When using desktop app, mobile device will not update, then all of a sudden you will receive a full days worth of notifications.

Response from MangoApps

David, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. I will pass along your feedback regarding the CPU usage and notifications. Thank you again!

Mehmet U.
Industry: Shipbuilding

Group Chat as a Board

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

we use this product excessively within our company and employees. It is a useful tool but still needs a few tweaks to make it bit more user-friendly, especially for companies and users like us.

Pros

access across multiple platforms is useful.

Cons

Search engine customization and display of results process almost renders this option unusable (choice of msg queues, the way results are shown, more than a word and/or etc).
We use it in big groups, as a chat room and whiteboard facility. We can have 10/20/40 msgs between we check a queue. When you open a particular chat queue, the screen jumps to last message instead of picking up from where left. It is troublesome to scroll all the way up, trying to remember ang guess which was the last msg the user read. Would be better if the screen / caht queue would open and show the last msg the user read and maybe mark or distinguish between read/unread messages (market / color etc)

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

As of now, there are no issues. We just use to communicate with each other. If someone is with a client, this is a way to send a message right away and they'll get to it when time allows them.

Pros

Very easy to use and very helpful to communicate. It replaced a messenger that was free but discontinued. We are in a small office and it helps communicate with the other employees without having to discuss confidential matters out loud or get a point addressed without interrupting the other employee while they are with a client. It helps us be more productive.

Cons

We do not use all of the features, which is fine because we are a small office. We just wanted to keep communication and share information or documents with each other.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that Office Chat fits well into your work flow. Thank you again!