Blink Session Reviews

Blink Session

Videoconferencing for online tutors & therapists

4.6/5 (14 reviews)
Janet C.

Flexible and responsive

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

Blink Session has made Lighthouse Therapy possible. They have added features consistently that make the platform more effective for services and back end functionality!

Pros

We have a white label version and the platform keeps getting better and better.
The team at Blink have been responsive to our needs and the system is flexible so the it can grow with us as we grow.

Cons

Like all software unexpected bugs pop up occasionally. They are always great about fixing these issues quickly.

Meghan R.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

This software has been easy to set up and seems to work more consistently and with less glitches than the system I was using before. It has been an easy transition for me and my e-helpers to make the switch. I like that there is a growing library of resources you can add to and hopefully more resources will be available soon.

Cons

There are some features that I would like to see improved. For example, I'd like the screens of the whiteboard and the screens of the videos to be able to take up the whole screen separately if selected. In addition, a waiting room where the computer dings when the client is waiting would also be helpful. However, the staff at Blinksession are very open to making changes and have already started to work on some. At times, there are some minor glitches that have occurred such as the client cannot see what I have written on the whiteboard and vise versa.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review and suggestions Meghan. We should be rolling out our waiting room feature by the end of April. The full screen video/board is a good idea too. We'll look into adding that,

Kim T.

Very impressed with the software and the clear video/audio connection. Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

This software allows me to provide frequent speech/language to students in rural areas without having to travel.

Pros

It's easy for clients to figure out how to log-in and use the software. Nice large image of the child/therapist even while looking at resources. I like the templates to create resources... Makes it very simple to upload your own materials.

Cons

There are a few features that I've had on previous therapy platforms which I really miss when using Blink Session... For example, having a waiting room would be nice so you know when your client's have logged in and are waiting for you. A spinner/dice feature to allow for playing board games would be helpful as well. Also, the students cannot use the touchscreen on a Chromebook to draw, they have to use the mouse/trackpad which is tricky for some of my younger clients.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review Kim! Touch does work with Chromebooks that have a touch screen. If it isn't working for you let us know, we are here to help.

Marcela L.

Connecting with Clients

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

I love how easy it is to use and how I can store so many materials in one place and I don’t have to be searching for thing during session. I can plan much faster and easier.

Pros

Ability to see kids. Without this software I wouldn’t be able to assist them due to distance.

Cons

Unreliable at times. Videos shared don’t work, white board doesn’t work at time. It’s embarrassing with clients.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review and feedback. We are always looking to improve. On reliability, 99% of the time this relates to the person's internet connection or device. Not that ever system is perfect but without a reliable internet connection it's impossible for the system. Or any video conferencing, to perform at 100%. We are always working to help with this by adding things like the ability to turn off your video.

Amy M.

Fairly easy to use, and a so far has provided a good connection.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

- Large screen in which I can see my client, and they can see me. This screen stays in view when scrolling to the bottom of a document.
- Easy to share uploaded documents with client during session. I love the speed these load on clients screen.
- Easy for clients to login.
- Good connection for both audio and video (this is HUGE to me).
- I like that I can go to specific pages within the documents I've uploaded.
- I like that I can search within my uploaded documents.

Cons

- I wish I could turn off the clients ability to mute me. The student's who have figured out how to do this, have way too much fun muting me. It wastes a lot of time.
- There is no spinner and or dice feature built in.
- I would like to see game board tokens.
- I would like to see a large paint option (like a bingo dabber size).
- There is currently no waiting room.

Amanda F.

Good software

Very helpful staff.

Pros

Store-lots of free things, ease of set up.

Cons

Would like a dice. Would like To use flash cards/memory with groups

Nanette C.

New User Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

1) Screen sharing feature
2) Collecting data during sessions
3) Being able to write my note during a session
4) Adding goals to track progress for clients

Cons

1) I would rather have full control of enlarging the screen space for myself and clients. It is difficult to play board games as stamps do not appear in the same position for myself and a client. I also feel there are too many sticker/stamp options than needed.

2) I would LOVE to be able to categorize my therapy materials into collections rather than search a list.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks Nanette for your review and feedback. One tip would be to use the resource tags feature. That is how you categorize resources. For icons, the do appear in the same place but often people's screen sizes are so different. As far as hiding or changing the view blink is the only platform that allows you to do this by hiding the Whiteboard for everybody in the session. It's impossible for you to have control over every view on their computer since you're not looking at it but we do our best to try to help therapist have control of as much as possible. Thanks again!

6.0/10
Matt P.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Just love it.

Cons

Nothing much at all. I’ve enjoyed learning.

William C.

This platform has allowed is to save staff time and improve client satisfaction.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

1. The simplicity of use for staff and clients. 2. The ability to easily add, use and sell materials. 3. The ability to save, share, and archive session notes. 4. Low bandwidth requirement. 5. The options such as youtube and document camera. 6. The frequent updates and improvements.

Cons

1. The inability at this time to have groups sessions online limits our use for groups and staff meetings.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review William! We will be releasing multi-client session ability April, 2018.

Emily C.

Very positive experience for the clinician and student!

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I like the ability to save and easily access resources. The data tracking feature is very beneficial as well. My students like how interactive the whiteboard is and find the platform engaging. It is very easy to use a document camera to show additional materials as well.

Cons

There are some audio and visual glitches that I didn't experience with other platforms however these are sporadic and short-lived so they haven't significantly impacted the user experience.

Kandice B.

Blink Session has allowed me to turn my passion for teaching into a business!

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

The software is easy to use. My clients are able to set up accounts quickly and easily. There is nothing to download. You can just log on and start teaching. They have a collection of resources that you can use, many at no cost at all. You can also create and add your own. I love that I can share my screen with students as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software. They are constantly making improvements and updates.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review, glad Blink Session is helping you treat online.

Danra K.

So far, so good! I am new to telepractice, and I selected this platform over others.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Functionality and ease of uploading and saving resources, interactive whiteboard, simplicity for customers (interface and log in), web-based platform (less glitchy/no downloads), youtube links, session notes/data, ability to bill/invoice and schedule, and accessibility of help (by owner and within the platform).

Cons

I have had some occasional trouble getting high quality screen sharing of videos and some distortion of some uploaded resources/pictures with print, but nothing major.

As a clinician providing telehealth services, simplicity is really important for my patients.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Simplified the delivery of telehealth.

Pros

simple to use and reasonable cost. What is especially an improvement over our last product is that there is no software to download. This doesn't matter much for us, but when patients have to download something for just one session it's frustrating for them. So this product is a great improvement in this regard.

Cons

Interface could be cleaned up a little. I would also like to be able to see what the initial invite email looks like so I could understand what patients are getting on their end in case I need to walk them through it.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review, we are glad Blink Session has helped stream-line some aspects of getting clients online. Great point about the invitation email. We do have screen shots of the client dashboard in help but will add some of the emails too. Thanks for the feedback.

Kimberly D.

Overall a great success!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I like that the program is easy for clients to navigate, even for people who aren't necessarily comfortable with computers.

Cons

My first few sessions using the software felt a little "clunky" for lack of a better word, but I feel like that was more to do with my comfort using the software and less of an issue with the program itself. The more I use Blink Session, the easier it seems to be.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review Kim, glad we can help you provide great Speech Therapy online.