Blink Session

Videoconferencing for online tutors & therapists

Kim T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very impressed with the software and the clear video/audio connection. Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

This software allows me to provide frequent speech/language to students in rural areas without having to travel.

Pros

It's easy for clients to figure out how to log-in and use the software. Nice large image of the child/therapist even while looking at resources. I like the templates to create resources... Makes it very simple to upload your own materials.

Cons

There are a few features that I've had on previous therapy platforms which I really miss when using Blink Session... For example, having a waiting room would be nice so you know when your client's have logged in and are waiting for you. A spinner/dice feature to allow for playing board games would be helpful as well. Also, the students cannot use the touchscreen on a Chromebook to draw, they have to use the mouse/trackpad which is tricky for some of my younger clients.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review Kim! Touch does work with Chromebooks that have a touch screen. If it isn't working for you let us know, we are here to help.

Nanette C.

Blink Session Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

I like the versatility of the software and find it relatively easy to navigate.

Cons

I honestly wish that there were fewer icon choices as it can be time consuming with some younger students to make a selection.

Response from Blink Session

Nanette, thanks for your review! As far as the icons go, there are 4,500 icons in the system but they are easy to navigate if you use the search box at the top of the icons box. Also, the system automatically adds your 10 most recently used icons to the top. If a child is having problems selecting one, they probably need to have an adult helper show them how to do it.

Amanda F.

Comprehensive program

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Overall the product has been great. I have not had any glitches. I work with kids and they very quickly got the hang of the program.

Pros

My favorite feature is they have a resource catalog that has FREE and for pay materials in a bind. I also like the fact that they update it regularly with new features.

Cons

I wish it would allow during screen share to give control to the clients.

Response from Blink Session

Amanda, thanks for your review! On the topic of giving control to your client, we have decided not to add this because it is a major security risk and we take security very seriously. We covered this, at boredom, here: https://blinksession.com/articles/The-Risk-of-Allowing-Clients-to-Take-Control-of-Your-Computer

Matt P.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Just love it.

Cons

Nothing much at all. I’ve enjoyed learning.

Response from Blink Session

Matt, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Melody B.

A Useful Platform

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Overall, it is a good platform for my speech therapy meetings and I am grateful for the opportunity to have something where I quickly can pull up my necessary resources with the click of a button.

Pros

I like the ease which my clients can enter the sessions. There is nothing to download and even if we set up a meeting at the last minute, they can easily log in. I also love the resources that are available along with the fact that I can upload my own resources. Very helpful.

Cons

There are some glitches at times that require action on the part of both me and my clients in order to remediate the problem.

Response from Blink Session

Melody, thank you so much for your review!

William C.

This platform has allowed is to save staff time and improve client satisfaction.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

1. The simplicity of use for staff and clients. 2. The ability to easily add, use and sell materials. 3. The ability to save, share, and archive session notes. 4. Low bandwidth requirement. 5. The options such as youtube and document camera. 6. The frequent updates and improvements.

Cons

1. The inability at this time to have groups sessions online limits our use for groups and staff meetings.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review William! We will be releasing multi-client session ability April, 2018.

Lauren S.

Blink Think

Only okay

Pros

I like that it allows me a platform for communication with my clients that does not involve attending the clinic.

Cons

Not enough materials at all in the speech sections and the cost per month for the basic settings is high.

Response from Blink Session

Lauren, thank you for the review. Currently, Blink Session has 131 speech pathology resources with more being added every day. There is only one other video platform in the world that has any speech therapy resources at all and that platform has 20. If you need help finding resources, please contact help.

Kandice B.

Blink Session has allowed me to turn my passion for teaching into a business!

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

The software is easy to use. My clients are able to set up accounts quickly and easily. There is nothing to download. You can just log on and start teaching. They have a collection of resources that you can use, many at no cost at all. You can also create and add your own. I love that I can share my screen with students as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software. They are constantly making improvements and updates.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review, glad Blink Session is helping you treat online.

As a clinician providing telehealth services, simplicity is really important for my patients.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Simplified the delivery of telehealth.

Pros

simple to use and reasonable cost. What is especially an improvement over our last product is that there is no software to download. This doesn't matter much for us, but when patients have to download something for just one session it's frustrating for them. So this product is a great improvement in this regard.

Cons

Interface could be cleaned up a little. I would also like to be able to see what the initial invite email looks like so I could understand what patients are getting on their end in case I need to walk them through it.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review, we are glad Blink Session has helped stream-line some aspects of getting clients online. Great point about the invitation email. We do have screen shots of the client dashboard in help but will add some of the emails too. Thanks for the feedback.

Christine F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Blink Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

I like that I can quickly and easily download YouTube videos and screen share with my students with this platform.

Cons

I do not like that I am not in control of what and how my students view the materials I am sharing. I work with young children who often do not have the language or understanding on what they should be seeing. I have to assume they are seeing what I am seeing and how I am seeing it. A adult will come along and notice something is amiss and fix it.

I do not like the controls for drawing and clicking and dragging. They are awkward, cumbersome, and often go haywire and scribble over the screen.

Response from Blink Session

Thank you for your review, Christine. We are glad to help you learn how to use the system if you contact Help. The problems you mention are not actually related to our software but simply the nature of doing video conferencing. There is no way for you to see things exactly as your clients see them, as this would require you to be with them. If you have used another video conferencing platform in the past, its possible you experienced the same problems without knowing it. Either way, we are here to help.

Meghan R.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

This software has been easy to set up and seems to work more consistently and with less glitches than the system I was using before. It has been an easy transition for me and my e-helpers to make the switch. I like that there is a growing library of resources you can add to and hopefully more resources will be available soon.

Cons

There are some features that I would like to see improved. For example, I'd like the screens of the whiteboard and the screens of the videos to be able to take up the whole screen separately if selected. In addition, a waiting room where the computer dings when the client is waiting would also be helpful. However, the staff at Blinksession are very open to making changes and have already started to work on some. At times, there are some minor glitches that have occurred such as the client cannot see what I have written on the whiteboard and vise versa.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review and suggestions Meghan. We should be rolling out our waiting room feature by the end of April. The full screen video/board is a good idea too. We'll look into adding that,

Lauren B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great option

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

I like that you can add resources for clients to view during sessions and that you can record sessions. Additionally, I like that you can add multiple users to sign onto the same session. Makes working with families who are in different locations easier!

Cons

It is not as easy to view which resource/page you are sharing with the client. Also, I wish taking notes to share with the client in real time were more user-friendly.

Response from Blink Session

Lauren, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Emily C.

Very positive experience for the clinician and student!

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I like the ability to save and easily access resources. The data tracking feature is very beneficial as well. My students like how interactive the whiteboard is and find the platform engaging. It is very easy to use a document camera to show additional materials as well.

Cons

There are some audio and visual glitches that I didn't experience with other platforms however these are sporadic and short-lived so they haven't significantly impacted the user experience.

Danra K.

So far, so good! I am new to telepractice, and I selected this platform over others.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Functionality and ease of uploading and saving resources, interactive whiteboard, simplicity for customers (interface and log in), web-based platform (less glitchy/no downloads), youtube links, session notes/data, ability to bill/invoice and schedule, and accessibility of help (by owner and within the platform).

Cons

I have had some occasional trouble getting high quality screen sharing of videos and some distortion of some uploaded resources/pictures with print, but nothing major.

Response from Blink Session

Danra,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it. For screen share quality, that will completely depend on how good the connections is between you and your client, but good news is, Internet bandwidth world-wide is increasing every day.

Renee M.

Great system for teletherapy

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

We are helping families get therapy services, who otherwise would not be. We are making services for children accessible!

Pros

The company did a great job making the system user friendly!

Cons

It required extensive battery usage and often the buttons on the screen were larger for functional use purpose.

Response from Blink Session

Renee, thank you so much for your review. On your note about battery, that is not something that Blink Session Software has any control of. If you are doing any type of video conferencing on your computer, tablet, or phone, it is going to take power. We would recommend plugging in if you are getting low on battery. As far as buttons, we have tried our best to keep them as large as we can, but we have to accommodate a lot of different screen sizes, so it can get tricky. Thanks again!

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Blink Session review

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

I like that notes, billing, scheduling is all in one place

Cons

It’s seems glitchy when I try to have the client take over control of icons and such.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for your reviews, Jennifer. We are glad to help with any problems you might have and help you learn how to use the platform.

Kimberly D.

Overall a great success!

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I like that the program is easy for clients to navigate, even for people who aren't necessarily comfortable with computers.

Cons

My first few sessions using the software felt a little "clunky" for lack of a better word, but I feel like that was more to do with my comfort using the software and less of an issue with the program itself. The more I use Blink Session, the easier it seems to be.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for the review Kim, glad we can help you provide great Speech Therapy online.

Janet C.

Flexible and responsive

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

Blink Session has made Lighthouse Therapy possible. They have added features consistently that make the platform more effective for services and back end functionality!

Pros

We have a white label version and the platform keeps getting better and better.
The team at Blink have been responsive to our needs and the system is flexible so the it can grow with us as we grow.

Cons

Like all software unexpected bugs pop up occasionally. They are always great about fixing these issues quickly.

Response from Blink Session

Janet, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it.

Jessica I.

Blink of An EYE

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

I tried Blink as a trail for one person as the license agreement for other staff is costly. So over the time period it seemed to meet my needs as a speech therapist but after using the platform I found spending money for additional tools for intervention and the monthly cost was not worth the hassles of interacting with the support services, who to me were not friendly. They gave the appearance that they were during my company a favor and did not need my business.

Pros

Very well organized site, easy to manipulate within the platform, HIPPA compliance, Youtube accessible for shared screen, Match games capabilities interactions for clients

Cons

Limited in house apps for the monthly fees. Read the fine print many of the customer service(CS) issue that are usually granted from other companies Blink CS is always in their favor, they take no responsibility if anything goes wrong it is the consumers fault or the network or browsers. The try and keep any items that you purchase as theirs property, even money that you have as a credit. Limited client interaction. The internet quality is low compared to other platforms, not being able to access tech dept while in session.

Response from Blink Session

Thank you for your review Jessica. Sorry we were not able to meet your needs as you expected. We are always very responsive to customers and try to help when we can.

Marcela L.

Speech therapy

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

It’s the best way to meet with my clients that are far from my office.

Pros

How easy and productive it was. All the videos to review and learn new skills.

Cons

Some times I can’t use videos or white board. But it’s getting better.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for your review Marcela.

William C.

Blink Session for TeleSLPs

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

The blink product can be the entire tele-office for a therapist and for most small companies.

Pros

1. ease of use for consumers. 2. great, robust resources-materials tool. 3. Functional whiteboard, 4. reliability 5. client has his/her own account for notes, videos, homework, email etc 6. very functional scheduler-calendar (time zone adjustment, client reminder, easy scheduling for client and staff,

Cons

One or two reminder popups I find redundant.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for your review Bill!

Amy M.

Fairly easy to use, and a so far has provided a good connection.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

- Large screen in which I can see my client, and they can see me. This screen stays in view when scrolling to the bottom of a document.
- Easy to share uploaded documents with client during session. I love the speed these load on clients screen.
- Easy for clients to login.
- Good connection for both audio and video (this is HUGE to me).
- I like that I can go to specific pages within the documents I've uploaded.
- I like that I can search within my uploaded documents.

Cons

- I wish I could turn off the clients ability to mute me. The student's who have figured out how to do this, have way too much fun muting me. It wastes a lot of time.
- There is no spinner and or dice feature built in.
- I would like to see game board tokens.
- I would like to see a large paint option (like a bingo dabber size).
- There is currently no waiting room.

Response from Blink Session

Amy, thanks for the review, we are glad we can provide a tool that helps you do speech online. The ability to disable your client's ability to mute you would be nice. The problem is, even if the software didn't have a mute button, your clients could simply mute their entire computer.

Robert S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A wonderful addition!

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Working with the Blink Session team has made the choice to add this to our clinical services the right choice for Salus! From our initial inquires at the ASHA convention through implementation and intermittent follow-up thereafter, we have been 100% satisfied!

Pros

Easy to implement and use from both the clinician and the client sides.

Cons

I feel like every time I log on a learn something new - a handbook or digital resource would be helpful!

Response from Blink Session

Robert, thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you are having a good experience.

Jessica I.

It Works

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

Having some interactive tools for the client to participate as if the client was in person

Cons

Not having enough interactive tools in the area of language.

Response from Blink Session

Thanks for your reviews, Jessica. Super Duper just added over 100 resources for language to our catalog and will be adding 200+ in the coming months. Hopfully that will make your online therapy that much better!