Blue Matador

Infrastructure monitoring without any configuration

5 /5 (3 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Jacob "boomshadow" T.

Saved our Kubernetes proverbial bacon!

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

We had 1 particular outage where Blue Matador saved our bacon. The time from outage, to root cause identification, to resolution was less than 15 minutes. And most of that time was developers coding the fix and pushing! We wouldn't have been able to resolve things as quickly as this with any other monitoring tool that we've used in the past.

Pros

Blue Matador has completely replaced the heart of our monitoring & alerting operations. It doesn't try to do too much; it monitors AWS, Kubernetes, and our Linux servers specifically & it does it well!

With the introduction of the 'projects' feature, the timeline view make information extremely insightful very quickly. We get relevant, anomaly-based alerts with quick links to root cause. I can't say enough good things!

Cons

The interface can feel a bit _too_ simplistic. If you're a power user, you'll feel compelled to search for options menus, configuration pages, and the like. You won't find many of them, and it might feel underwhelming. Don't let that get to you. Blue Matador works wonderfully and is plenty configurable.

Tony S.

The perfect AWS Companion

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

These guys are awesome. Not only do they have a great product but they stand by it. I'm 2 timezones away and whenever I had a goofy question or a problem I dropped it in Slack and they hopped on it immediately. 10/10 Would recommend them to anyone at any size that uses AWS, 15/10 for SMBs.

Pros

The setup is painless and nearly instant, especially if you already utilize AWS tags. The notification algorithm is fantastic at letting you know when there is an issue without subjecting you to notification fatigue. The ability to have multiple configurations for different environments is key to making sure test or staging systems don't drown out production.

Cons

The only suggestion I had for improvement they took to heart and made some awesome changes. When they redid the dashboard and implemented the project features my only criticisms went away.

Alexander L.

Blue Matador shines a light into areas of your infrastructure you didn't know needed insight

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

- It's plug and play. I don't have to do anything other than set up AWS credentials, and I immediately get monitoring of my infrastructure.
- I get predictive analysis and told when my infrastructure isn't behaving as expected.

Cons

- It's not good for deep dives - it'll tell you what's wrong, but you still have to do the legwork on what's wrong for yourself.