PageCloud Reviews

PageCloud

No-code, drag & drop website builder

4.7/5 (113 reviews)

The perfect website builder to release your creativity

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

I love it because basically it's a white paper - you can do whatever you want to do, totally open minded, no frames. Templates are also available but if you want to do your own thing without having programing knowledge, this is the way to go. Similar softwares where you can build your website too have always restrictions and you can't do it exactly the way you want it. In PageCloud I have no restrictions. And in case I need something which needs programing knowledge to implement a code, I contact PageClouds customer service and they are super helpful with instructing you they way you have to do it. When you have programing knowledge you can even implement codes yourself. Overall after trying several softwares in the past and being with PageCloud from day 1 with several business and private websites I can highly recommend PageCloud as being my number 1 website builder.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing bad I can write about it. When I have an issue I contact PageCloud customer service and I usually get an answer/solution within hours and that's all the time like this within the past 2 years. Their service is really outstanding, super friendly people, very personal service and I always get an answer on my questions and can continue with my work, it's just a really great service.

Nick B.

Good software that's getting better every month

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

It's easy to use and allows me to create a really nice looking website without a ton of technical knowledge or the constraints of a typical drag-and-drop editor. I like the balance it strikes.

Pros

The customer service is amazing. I always receive really fast service and it's always useful. Whenever I have a problem, some one from the team sees me through to the end. I also really enjoy the interface of PageCloud. You have the option to do whatever you want with the ease of using tons of "drag and drop" type options. Plus you have ease access to the code which is always super helpful when you want specific tweaks to something.

Cons

The platform can get buggy at times when creating a lot of changes. There is also the issue of images breaking from time to time when you manipulate them different in desktop vs cell phone designing modes.

Trinity M.

Tool that anyone can pick up

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

You can actually create anything you desire with no restrictions by simply including things and moving it around. If you change your mind about an image you included to your page you can simply change it with a click, without having to resize and rearrange it to match the initial.

Cons

The client assistance got a live chat service which is offline the majority of the time. rates is low-cost however you can discover comparable services for even less online.

Response from PageCloud

Hey Martin, thanks for your feedback!

Regarding live chat, we are always looking at options to increase the number of support hours while maintaining high quality service.

On the other hand, you'll be happy to know that we are going to be launching additional plans in the coming months to accommodate different website needs. (Which include more affordable plans)

Sarah lynn S.

PC is so easy to use and VERY user friendly :) I tell EVERYONE I know that they need to us PC

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

I am able to create and easily maintain my own website, without having to hire someone or contact someone every time I need updates done.

Pros

I love the layout and features. The menu is simple and easy on the eyes. I like that all the main things you need are in the little menu that comes up with each box, like when I ad a picture, all the editing choices I might want are right there and then when I click on another area, it edits just that.... Its really a great software :)

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to un-group something and it ends up editing the wrong stop, but its super easy to fix with a simple ctrl+z ....Overall I really don't have anything I don't like about the software . Although it would be nice if it was a bit easier to add a new font, but that's about it.

Brian T.

Breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I first heard about the site from a friend because our website was getting hacked quite often and Rogers, where we hosted before, could not really do anything for us to stop the hacking, just saying, hire a web designer. As I have always liked doing my own website for ease of uploading changes and customization to our business (training workshops for mental health professionals), I needed to find another service that would provide that ease of use with top notch security. Pagecloud, with their security partner Cloudfare, has done this. We have had zero security issues since switching. And the site looks a lot better too. I also like how easy it is to integrate other apps, like Jotforms and Paypal buttons.

Pros

I liked the fact that I did not need to know coding or html, just basic desktop design skills, so very easy to get started. Also liked that it came with secure server pages, didn't need to find that elsewhere.

Cons

I started using it 2 years ago and there were issues with setting up a nav bar easily on every page, it was a laborious process and not seamless. But this has now been corrected with a simple button for nav bars on every page. They have continuously improved the interface and things keep getting better.

J. alexander C.

page cloud allows a novice with no web design experience to create basically anything you can dream

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

I have created a strong, functional, lead capturing web site for real estate. I was also able to create a back end for my team and created an online training academy for my employees.

Pros

ease of use. create a blank page, drag virtually anything you want (picture, file to download, text) onto the page and it instantly becomes part of your website. Page cloud integrates with tons of free programs (and guides you to them through their training pages), so you can learn , grow, and improve your site at your own pace

Cons

the integration from the desktop site to the mobile site is tricky. if you want a dedicated mobile page to go with your desktop page, as you change one the other one changes and becomes arduous to manage. I realized eventually that with todays smartphones and tablets I could eliminate the mobile pages , but i've still found that what shows up on the back end is frequently not fully compatible with I-phones

Josh H.

Overall Fresh, Useful New Tech

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

WYSIWYG to the max. You have the ability to build a site that does not look like a template. You can start from a blank page, which is what makes this great.

Cons

Still in its infancy, and the real challenge will be adding functionality while maintaining its accessibility for idiot users like me. Here are the three things that annoy me the most:

1) the editing pane isn't easily moved out of the way and often covers up the space where I'm trying to work;
2) there is no light box functionality for simple text - the only only way to have changing or rotating text/quotes is to load image files and that's dumb;
3) There is not sideways navigation - so "swipe left" and "swipe right" to access a new page or pane isn't possible, but is becoming more and more expected in mobile UI;

Finally, there needs to be a way to make changes that don't publish immediately. Pagecloud needs to have an option to "publish now" or "publish as you go," so I can work on the page any time of day w/o fear of others viewing my work in progress.

In addition, the ability to add a stroke to a text would be great; and bring back the glow and shadow text attributes would be nice (dearly missed.)

There are some other buggy things, but these are the major wants/issues.

Warren C.

The future of the web and of customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I spent months trying to create my own webpage without any coding experience and was never satisfied with the options available on the market. When I first signed up for PageCloud (before they had even released a product) I was very skeptical of their claims, because it seemed that if something like this were to be possible it would already exist. They delivered on their promises big time and have continued to improve and update rapidly. I'm very excited to see what they are able to do from here!

Pros

Using PageCloud finally allowed me to unleash my creative ideas for my businesses' and my personal webpage. There are no boxes that I am forced to fit into, the interface is akin to Photoshop but with slightly more ease of use, and almost anything that I cannot do within the PageCloud domain I am able to find through their integratabtle Apps section. However, their strongest feature is their dedicated customer service team. This company is a model of how a customer service should function.

Cons

I still am not able to have locked or password protected pages through PageCloud.

Kit B.

Pagecloud is an incredibly easy web design tool. Ease of use and functionality are off the charts!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Using PageCloud has helped me realize there are more ways to be creative with a website. Also, this has spurred me on to get additional training to help make my sites more useful and interactive.

Pros

The ease of dropping in maps, videos, forms and (most importantly) FONTS - make this a fantastic tool for web designers who know nothing about coding AND designers who are very well versed in HTML and CSS. The customer service is always fast and friendly. Over the last couple of years I have submitted hard and easy questions for customer support, and am answered quickly and with no judgement!

Cons

I do not like how there is no way to siphon pages into logical folders (unless there IS, and I just do not know about it). For instance, if I was creating a sporting goods site, or a sports news site, and I had pages with content (or items for sale) based on different sports... I wouldn't want just 300 pages on the root level of the site - I would want to be able to organize them into logical folders (like Winter Sports/Summer Sports or Baseball, Football, Hockey, etc).

Also, I think the price is a wee bit high. Luckly, I am grandfathered in at the early adopter rate. And that is for my own web site. I would love to get another account for some of my clients, but they would not want to pay the monthly fee charged. If, as an early adopter I could get multiple sites for the special rate, I would load up. If you ever decided to do that - please contact me immediately!

Danielle D.

No Code Knowledge Needed

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall, I have had a positive experience with PageCloud. I hope they stay in business for many years to come.

Pros

I like to the Pagecloud as a s form of play. You can do whatever you want, whenever you want, and you don't have to have someone who is knowledgeable about coding or website creation. This user-friendly, easy-to-use software has been a blessing to my career. No more calling the IT guy, no more wishing I did something different and worrying about paying for changes by the hour. PageCloud's customer service is outstanding and I wish it was out sooner.

Cons

The only thing I have found that I don't like is their email sign up lists not filtering out spam. I get spam emails everyday.

Graham M.

What you see is what you get

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

PageCloud is a joy to work with. I've used Dreamweaver and CSS in the past, but this is so much easier and straightforward. Customer service is great and there seems to be someone in the chat waiting for me if I have a question. Web design became a drag after a while but PageCloud has changed that. I am in and out quickly and maintenance is easy now.

Pros

This software works like a good quality desktop publishing suite. It is easy to manipulate websites and create the vision that the mind's eye conjures. HTML code is an option but not needed for anything I am doing. New features are being added, but ultimately this is a package that does what you want in the way you want to see it, quickly and easily. A little care and the website is optimised for desktop and mobile.

Cons

I'm still trying to find the flaws. the big one for me was spamming through form filling but the introduction of Captcha has ended that.

Allison N.

The best website builder

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Making menus, links and buttons is extremely simple and is all done with a couple of clicks. There are remarkable bonus like making a slider or carousel picture gallery with the click of a button.

Cons

The failure to crop images straight in app and the have to guarantee my picture is cropped well prior to hand, there is the capability to move to bottom or leading or center etc

Response from PageCloud

Hey Allison, thanks for your review!

You'll be happy to know that we launched image cropping in the app a couple days before you submitted your review!

Also, we are currently working additional improvements to both navigation (to give you more styling options) as well as buttons that can be styled and changed across your site in a single click :)

Sarah S.

Easy to us with great features!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

I am able to quickly update my own without paying or waiting for someone else to do it

Pros

The features are very user friendly, not only for beginners but also those are more advanced in web design and development :) I love that everything is drag and drop and that you can easily undo what you've just done with a simple ctrl+z

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to ungroup something, like the buttons or form features... Also it would be nice if where a little easier to add a new font to the web pages...

Joel D.

This solves problems for me in easy website maintenance that is of great value.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Easy maintenance of website content is a big win.

Pros

I like that the design is drag and drop for all the common things and is instantly live. Removing the barriers to outcomes is a huge win. I have no desire to concern myself with file storage management, ftp servers, separate design and hosting, etc.

Cons

Not everything is intuitive and when you need to go off script, it's definitely much harder and intimidating. Continuing to build out widgets for common ideas like a hamburger menu vs making everyone build it from scratch would be on the list.

Response from PageCloud

Hey Joel!

Thank you for the review!

When it comes to a hamburger menu, our site menu feature will automatically build one for you in mobile mode.

We have more information on our site menu feature here: https://answers.pagecloud.com/help/navigation-menu

You can reach out to us via chat or by email [email protected] if you have any questions in the set up :)

Destiny P.

Caring Support In A World Of Money Makers

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Every interaction I have ever had with any team member of PageCloud has been above and beyond what I have come to expect from most tech companies. Each staff member is knowledgeable, kind, and always willing to help with even the simplest of tasks. I honestly hope to be a loyal customer for years to come. Thank you PageCloud for creating an easy to use system and for growing a compassionate staff for the not so easy questions. You're all rockstars in my book!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how creative it allows you to be. The freedom PageCloud allows you with designing your website is hands down the best. I no longer need to be anywhere near a computer programmer or website genius to be able to create a beautiful website for my company.

Cons

As amazing as I believe this software is, I do wish it was a bit more comparable in price. I sometimes struggle to justify spending that much. Also, I usually end up having difficulty convincing friends and family to pay so much to try it. I just wish I could share PageCloud with the world for a better price.

Daniel M.

Compared to Webbly and the like, PageCloud feels like cheating.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/28

PageCloud allows me to quickly publish material in almost exactly the way I desire and without dealing with code. It frees me to focus on my writing and avoid spinning my wheels troubleshooting website basics.

Pros

I can do almost anything I want with text and boxes without having to switch between sections in an interface or troubleshoot code. Dragging and dropping items, resizing text, and a sufficient and well-thought-out toolbox on an interface that almost always matches what comes out in the browser is something I can't do without now.

Cons

As the software is in development, some features, in particular creating links simplified and lost a feature or two. For example, I created links that opened in a new window without the browser features. I wasn't able to do this after the new version came out. There were some other features, such as creating a hamburger menu that didn't seem to work with the same ease.

Honestly deserves 5-stars all around!

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Building websites with PageCloud is easier and more advanced than the competitor.

Pros

Sometimes it hard to believe a review with full customer satisfaction, but honestly, PageCloud delivers. I have been a user since it launched a couple years ago. I was a fan back then and I am an even bigger fan with the new improvements.

PageCloud is perfect for someone who has little/basic coding knowledge, or who can at least copy and paste intelligently. From a design standpoint, I do everything in Photoshop (which I am very comfortable in) and then transfer to PageCloud. The learning curve isn't terrible and the advanced features for a drag-and-drop design interface are top notch compared to the more entry level competitor sites such as Wix. If you want a professional site and you're not a huge fan of black and white coding, PageCloud is the go-to.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike. I think they are constantly improving and listening to customer feedback, so that's definitely worth something. Personally, I would never build a site on anything else.

PageCloud is easy to use yet sophisticated.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Ease of use, ability to change every part of my website myself and quickly.

Pros

It allows me to make an extremely customized website with minimal website skills. I love being able to move things to the centimeter, copy pages, and create on a dime without dealing with the hassle of finding a template I don't hate. The customer service is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

There are times that making everything from scratch can be time consuming. It is expensive, but still cheaper than hiring a web developer.

Daniel S.

Affordable, Flexible Choice for a Beginner Like Me

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Excellenet overall. Will build my next site with PageCloud for sure. It's only getting easier and better.

Pros

I have built two websites with PageCloud, each with many pages. I am an absolute newcomer to this, never having designed pages on any platform before, and so the ease with which I could get a site up and running was my favorite part. The interface made everything fast to create. Then, when I decided what I was creating wasn't cool enough, I found it very easy edit and swap out elements. So I guess what I appreciate most is my ability to get it done quickly using an interface I could get used to.

Cons

The shortcuts throughout the design interface are great and helped me work quickly once I had a basic understanding of them. I must admit, however, that I would have liked a little more clarity about what various icons and options meant when I was starting out. This is becoming an advanced platform, and I appreciate the options that come long with that, but there is still room to describe things a little more clearly for us noobs.

Kenneth C.

Great and Easy Solution to Websites for Non-Designers

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I really enjoy the service and knowing that if I hit a snag, there is a community of users and support staff ready and willing to help.

Pros

I chose to move my high school music program's website to PageCloud due to its functionality, ease of use, ability to drag and drop and pre-made templates. I appreciate being able to see how my site will appear on multiple platforms and make changes specific to mobile or desktop viewing.

Cons

The cost is affordable (initially a shock compared to what I pay for a Wordpress site for another business), but considering the easiness of design, updatability, and the constant upgrades to the features available, tge price is actually not a con at all.

Kris H.

Business website runs off pagecloud

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pagecloud is a great website creator for anyone looking to build a website for a business.

Pros

Software was easy to use. only took a few days to build a live running business website.

Cons

Couple issues of overlapping causing the design to be a bit off. But nothing you cant work around.

Josh J.

PageCloud Gives You Flexibility That Other Platforms Don't Provide

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

PageCloud is genuinely easy to use. Your imagination is nearly the only limitation when designing a website. PageCloud's customer support is second to none.

Pros

Flexibly. The fluid layout and ability to transition between full screen layout and mobile layout significantly cuts the time required to do work on the design instead of having to recreate a version of a page that is mobile friendly.

Cons

Lack of database features, ability to create subdomains compared to other products within similar price range, lack of ability to create a login for a page (like a subscription page) to restrict content to certain people or groups.

Tobias F.

Intuitive website builder with great features

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

PageCloud is the most intuitive website builder I know. I've been using it since it was launched and it's a lot of fun to work with it. Over the past three years tons of new features were added and it's awesome to see it grow and develop. It's highly customisable and offers really good value for money. One other plus: the blog-feature they added this year.

And: The customer service is doing a great job as well.

Cons

The dashboard could be improved, because it doesn't show any useful information after the 10 first recommended steps were done.
There is no easy way of implementing site-wide style options, e.g. Text, buttons and Colors. A specific page in the backend would be useful for this.
It would be great if I could create templates for different sites on my website.
The documentation should be improved, especially regarding E-Commerce such as PayPal and other stores.

Changed to Pagecloud. Can't imagine ever going back to old methods.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

This makes designing and building websites a breeze. A true "drag & drop" platform that gives you granular control over everything. I used many other types of website platforms like Joomla and Wordpress in the past. I would dig through tons of templates having to install each one then load the page. Then, I would install countless plugins and add-ons trying to ensure my page would behave how I wanted. Once you try it, you will never go back.

Cons

There is a learning curve like any new thing. Trying to remember shortcuts, and figuring out what options do what. Unlike other web hosting packages, email is not included. You do get 1 year of Gmail suite free, however.

Pagecloud for your Website

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Amazing service and a really great product.

Pros

I signed up to Pagecloud before their full launch and have never looked back. I wanted something that I (no design or coding experience) could use. I have since gone on to create sites for others too!

Cons

The mobile view changes - though this has improved and is so much better.