Giveffect

All-in-one, web-based nonprofit management software

4,5
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Giveffect

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

My overall experience has been great. I have a very lean staff and we all multitask. The software is intuitive.
As a busy executive, I can login anywhere to get information. I wish I had more time to spend with the software. Currently I'm working to set up the data structure to better integrate with Quickbooks.

Pros

I found Giveffect in an online search when I took the new role of Director for Institutional Advancement at Los Angeles Community College District. In my role, I serve as the Executive Director for the non-profit auxiliary Foundation for the Los Angeles Community Colleges. Giveffect has been a life saver. It is easy to use and I love that the software has email capability, online giving, relationship management tracking and great reports.

Cons

The main downside it that at the basic price level, I don't have access to many of the other great processes. Wealth screening for example. I also wish the Spark Post was integrated a little better. It works well but requires signing into two accounts to manage.

Charleen C.

We love using Giveffect

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Pros

Creating online events is a breeze and looks great! With our old software, we had to pay per online event and the process is antiquated. With Giveffect we can have an idea and create a page for it in no time at all!

Cons

Cutsomizing emails and landing pages is not very user friendly.

Pam E.

Giveffect makes impact

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Great relationship. Quick to respond if needed. Good to work with. Provide great videos regularly for training.

Pros

Besides the user-friendly system, I really appreciate how they "listen" to the needs of the customers and then in a month or two they've actually addressed it and made an adjustment or tweak in the system. This system puts donor database needs with your volunteer management needs along with public relations. Plus the fact it's web-based makes it easy to access at any time.

Cons

For our affiliate this was a huge investment compared to what we'd spent in the past.....but now it's lined with others, just the fact - something good isn't going to be "cheap". And again like I said they're always working to improve. We love it here.

Kathleen C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

So glad we changed to Giveffect, I wish we had done it sooner!

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

I looked at a lot of different systems and spent a long time trying to decide and they mostly had too little functionality. Giveffect was more expensive than what we intended to spend, however we felt like we were getting more for our money to bring so many processes under one roof and I was absolutely sold how the back end of the system talks to the front end. Saves us a lot of work every day, and also provides a higher level of accountability.

As far as the campaign pages and website solution, they are so attractive. We used Razoo for individual fundraisers, which would be a manual upload and a higher rate for processing fees. We used Giftworks for our CRM and donation pages, very anti-intuitive system, difficult for donors to use and we got constant complaints from the donors.

So to be able to create these really attractive campaigns on top of using the website builder has been great. We are already getting a lot of positive feedback from our board, supporters, and key volunteers.

The functionality is so much better, being a cloud based system, GE is much more manageable because our old system was constantly freezing or shutting down. Also, the old system had really bad customer service, we could never get any questions answered and sometimes couldn't even get a response. Giveffect gets so much credit for having people there even on Friday night to help people with their chat support questions.

I really like the chat support, you just hop on the chat box, explain your problem and clearly everyone over there knows how to solve your issue pretty quickly and its been so much faster and so much more efficient for us. Highly recommend this system for any nonprofit, especially if you need a website too.

Pros

Very good, friendly customer service, fast response time, forward thinking system, easy for donors to use, complete system includes CRM, campaign pages, email contact system, website and so much more.

Cons

It is more expensive than other softwares we looked at, but probably worth the price.

Response from Giveffect

Thank you, Kathleen!

Krista J.

Giveffect for a Food Bank Development Team

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

About a year in to our service with Giveffect, we trust our data much more. I pull reports every day and can rely on their accuracy. Our satisfaction with the software has gone up and down, but because of the efforts of their customer service team we are the happiest we've been to date. We look forward to its continued growth and development.

Pros

I love the easy reporting and the ability to create custom advanced queries to pull the information I need. I also love how a single donor can be viewed from multiple dimensions -- as a volunteer, major gift maker, and direct mail donor, etc.

Cons

My organization struggles with slowness on Giveffect, regardless of which computer we are using. Additionally, there are many functions we'd appreciate more development on. We submit feedback very often, but our suggestions haven't been implemented yet. Hopefully it improves over time!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Olivia M.
Industry: Food Production

Kids meals review

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

“We had a vital need for improvement in our online giving system and Giveffect delivered. We were not able to access important information before to ensure accuracy, but all of that has changed by switching to Giveffect. Also, combining volunteers and donors was a difficult and cumbersome process for us, we used pen and paper to gather information for our volunteers and members. With Giveffect we were able to decrease the amount of manpower used to gather information and expand our reach into the community and create efficiency within our staff.”

Pros

The ease of learning the software. It was all in real time. You can run a report and see it right there on the screen. I also like the birthday campaigns.

Cons

Sometimes there were options in the reporting tables that needed more training. But it worked out that chat support can help.

Christine S.

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

Before we found Giveffect, we had been using a combination of eTapestry, Volunteer Hub, and Constant Contact. What jumped out at us was the ability to consolidate the donation and volunteer piece in one program.

Our old systems were supposed to sync with each other but it was sloppy and didn't work that well in practice. W e were attracted to having one system to capture all that information.

We did the research and decided that Giveffect was going to make our lives a whole lot easier.

Giveffect has made our online donation flow simpler and more user-friendly, and its reporting feature is also much easier to use than eTapestry's. It has definitely saved us time because the information for our volunteers is already integrated with their donation history, which is a lot better than having to manually merge those records.

Response from Giveffect

Thanks Christine!

Kiera D.
Industry: Construction

Great for Non-profits!

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

We decided that we were going to look for software that cut down on cost by not having to utilize various different software pieces and roll that into one.

An example of this is that we found that our old Salesforce system was good with keeping information in, but was not good for communicating with our supporters so we used Mailchimp as well, but that also charges based on how many people you add to it. We also used Form Assembly ad WePay.

So we wanted to narrow it down to one system, which could encompass all of our needs.
I also needed a better way to record volunteer hours and data, we relly liked how Giveffect has the external logins. With Salesforce I had to go in and still manually input data into the database even though a volunteer had already registered with us.

With Giveffect you can automatically check in and check out our volunteers, again with Salesforce we had to enter that information in manually which was tough because I would not always be on site. It came down to accuracy for us, Giveffect had a much easier interface, a much cleaner experience.

Pros

Easy interface, simple to learn.

Cons

Some features are not available depending on your plan so keep that in mind.

Response from Giveffect

Thank you so much Kiera!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Teddy G.

Keeps Things In Order

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/20

I like that a lot of other larger companies depend on this system as well, our needs might not be as demanding as those, but it gets the job done efficiently.

Pros

This is a fantastic system that properly allows us to keep track our giving totals. That's really the only reason we use this, but it has far surpassed what we have expected.

Cons

There is nothing I like the least about this software.

Kendra C.

Cause & Giveffect

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

One of the greatest things about Giveffect is that they are constantly improving their features and developing as a database. They also have a great support team. Since we transferred over to Giveffect, we have connected with a few main people that have been assisting us with our every question, concern, and need. If we have a request that the system does not currently support, they immediately put it on their to do list. Sure enough, these tasks are completed/added to the system quite efficiently. We've even seen our own suggestions added to the "Latest News" where they let everyone know what new features they come out with almost every week. It is pretty simple to navigate throughout and overall user friendly.

Amy F.

Habitat for Humanity of the Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

Giveffect is a great fit with our Habitat affiliate because it manages both the donation side and the volunteer side of our organization in one system. Our old system did not manage Volunteers and Donations in one and the fact that we can do both with Giveffect was why we went with this system.

We have had a good experience using Giveffect, the one feature that has really made my life easier has been the ability to do repeating shifts to schedule volunteers. Basically we have shifts available every day, and before Giveffect I had to go in and create shifts EVERY day. I am saving so much time !

Response from Giveffect

Love it! Thanks so much Amy!

Amanda M.

Fantastic Company and Software!

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Giveffect has made a huge difference in the way that we fundraise. Setting up a campaign page is super simple, and has made purchasing tickets to our events so easy for our donors. The support from Giveffect is also awesome! Tech support always gets back to you quickly, and will work through a problem with you until you've figured it out. We love Giveffect!

Response from Giveffect

Thank you, Amanda!

Aimee C.
Industry: Environmental Services

Very Disappointed in Customer Service

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Since the membership system in Giveffect isn't as robust as we need, it is not the all-in-one solution we expected.

Pros

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and the knowledge base and on boarding are well done. After orientation and with the help of customer support, our team quickly got a handle on our average tasks. The CRM features are very easy to get at a glance overviews of donors & I feel that we have a better handle on our prospecting since switching to this software.

Cons

The data migration progress for us was glitchy in our membership. Their automation was one of the reasons we wanted to switch, however, their automation when it doesn't work correctly can be a nightmare. During migration, their system encountered a glitch that ended up emailing over 700 donors with information about their membership expiring, even when it wasn't. While you're given a 2 week review to make sure your data is correct, it is useless if something like this happens as the database is "live" and will communicate with donors for a glitch like this.

Our other issue is the membership module is quite basic and does not meet our needs. During our trial, we asked our sales rep about membership tiers to address the issue and she believed it was an easy fix. When we got to our transition in June, we questioned work arounds with our client success team. For 5 months, we have been chasing them down for answers. Their client success team and a separate feedback team keep promising that product team is working on a fix and deadlines pass with no communication and no fix. They have actively ghosted us on the issue now and it is appalling. They were promoted as incredibly responsive and were until we encountered a problem and now it just feels like we are being strung along for the duration of our 1st year contract. While software problems are to be expected the lack of customer service is awful and our biggest issue with this system.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Stephanie S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The best fundraising software available!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Before Giveffect, we were using BlackBaud Raiser's Edge, and no one in our office could use it well. Just to learn how to use it, our employees had to pay a large fee and go to a week long training seminar. It was not convenient, and that knowledge was lost as employees turned over. I managed to figure out how to use it myself, but wasted a lot of time. Training others on my team was next to impossible. During the initial demo, we could tell that Giveffect was leaps and bounds ahead of Raiser's Edge. With Giveffect, the software itself is very intuitive, and the provided free training video tutorials and webinars are really helpful. Even before those resources were available, it was so easy for me to just start using the system. I've since been able to set up my entire team using the system, and they've had few to no difficulties learning to use it. Our focus is now on building better relationships with our donors rather than fighting with a system to enter gift information. Giveffect has been absolutely wonderful for our team.

Pros

It's so easy to use. The capacity of this software improves about every 2 weeks when they release a new update to the system. It's grown exponentially since we started using it about 2 years ago. They now provide amazing resources: training video tutorials, webinars, a Facebook group page to network with other users, etc. They just keep upgrading the system and adding new features so regularly, I truly believe Giveffect can literally do anything you need it to.

Cons

Nothing really. The only downside for us is the price. Honestly the price is a great value for what you get, it's just a little high for smaller non-profits...but you can literally do everything you need to.

Response from Giveffect

Love it! Thanks so much Stephanie!

Melanie K.
Industry: Fund-Raising

We've used GivEffect since Dec 2015. It is the easiest CRM/fundraising software I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Makes my job so much easier. The ability to customize letters, communications, campaigns saves me time. Also, it makes segmenting donors incredibly easy so that communications reach the right people at the right times.

Pros

It's so intuitive and easy to customize to your needs. There are no tedious forms to fill out to change or add fields, you can do most of it yourself. The campaigns are so easy to set up and easy to promote. Once your staff is familiar with the user experience troubleshooting is incredibly easy to manage. Donations come in with little to no issue. The team is so incredibly responsive and if we need something done differently it's almost always made available on the next upgrade. The tutorials are quick and painless to sit through and you can access them whenever you need to. Their webinar series is great and they do a wonderful job of keeping us up-to-date regarding changes, new functionality and upcoming tutorials and training.

Cons

There are a few pieces that are only available in the upper tier, which is a bummer. Also, the number of administrators we can have is limiting. The cost to add what we need is probably as much as moving to the next tier - which is slightly higher than we're prepared to pay right now.

Response from Giveffect

Thank you Melanie!

Heath B.

Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

The software has definitely given us a place to put all information. This saves us time and money in the long run.

Pros

I like how the software has components to serve volunteers and donors alike. We used to use multiple platforms for our volunteer, donor/constituent management and it is nice to have them all in one place.

Cons

Though the software has the ability to onboard, track, and report all organizational constituents, it is not easy to combine the campaigns. Currently, as far as we know, we are not able to have ONE campaign that tracks progress of an individual or group's volunteerism AND contributions.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Courtney B.

So Helpful!

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Giveffect has helped me on numerous occasions. I don't even have to pick up the phone. Their online chat is super quick and easy. This is one of the only companies I know that utilize the live chat feature in such a productive and efficient manner. Thank you...usually rep, for all your help. I am new to my company and you have made the transitions easier and it's great to know that you are there during the day.

Pros

I like the ease of the software. I didn't have any technical training of the software but between the natural ease of it, the online assistance and the video tutorials I feel very confident using this software.

Cons

I don't think what I like least is really the software's fault. Being a smaller affiliate we don't have the highest level or membership. So sometimes the things I wish I could do... I can't because of that.

Response from Giveffect

Thanks so much Courtney!

Lisa B.

Increase Giving with Giveffect

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

The software allows a small non profit to manage the data base and advance fundraising

Pros

Giveffect is an all encompassing fundraising software that includes online donations, offline gift tracking, volunteer management, donor management and donor relationships.

Cons

It is not as complex or intuitive as Raiser's Edge but it is A LOT less expensive!

Jonathan R.

Excellent Comprehensive Software and Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2015/12/21

We just sent out our annual appeal in November. Every time I get an offline donation, when I log the cheque into the database, I could see our supporter's whole history. I could see if they volunteered or donated in the past. It's the main thing our Habitat really appreciates about Giveffect. I can thank them and say, 'Thanks! You gave and you volunteered at our construction site or our reStore!' It's fantastic that I can do that so easily and make each message so personalized. We've been using the "Letter Template" to print out "Thank You Letters" super easily. I just log the check and print out the letter and - 'I'm like, ok I'm done!' Even when I hand off the donations that I've inputted into the database to our finance department for our auditors to see: A) what donations I've entered, B) what fund I assigned the donations to - it's so easy for them to put import data into Quickbooks. There's more transparency across multiple departments!

Elizabeth F.

Giveffect System Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Pros

Support and staff are very responsive and knowledge. Overall a user friendly system with a usable dashboard.

Cons

My only concern is using Spark Post for emails, it is not the best system and we did not know about daily email count limits- but this is a product add on. The search feature does not give a return unless there is an exact match in your CRM. The auction feature also has additional costs for 'text to bid' and that is the only way for guests to participate.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Stephanie S.

Customer Feedback

Reviewed on 2015/11/16

The way the Giveffect team approaches nonprofit software is extremely innovative. The Giveffect system is new and very different compared to what I've seen before. Since changing to Giveffect (cloud based) from a software based system, we've noticed that Giveffect is very intuitive. We don't need a lot of training to figure out how to use the system. The other nice piece is that they provide step-by-step video tutorials right in the Giveffect dashboard. They also have online chat support, which is really nice. We've not even had to use the chat support much at all.

Giveffect really lives their mission, they roll out new features and updates about every two weeks. They are always innovating and improving the system. They truly offer easy to use fundraising tools that are all inclusive (CRM + P2P + email, donate, etc.) and offer great value for non-profits.

Patrick H.

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

We are very pleased with Giveffects system! We are still learning all the features and enjoy the weekly webinars! The ease of use is extremely intuitive!

Lenora L.

Easy to Use & Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Giveffect has enabled me to attract and retain more volunteers than I ever thought possible.

Pros

I started used Giveffect with the start of a new job and was basically on my own to "get up to speed" and use the software optimally. It is really intuitive in its design and after viewing the relevant training videos, I was able to apply it's use to my daily workflow. For the first time, the branch I was working for was able to have volunteers sign up online, check in and out on an iPad, and have their hours tracked in real time. Anytime I needed a little help, the customer service team was available through the "Chat" feature and incredibly responsive and patient.

Cons

Honestly, I have suggested several changes or additions and often they implement the change with their next update. They are very open to suggestions and adopt them! Amazing!

Charleen A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to use and perfect for our needs!

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Pros

Prior to Giveffect we were using eTapestry. We felt eTapestry was antiquated and was not updating their service to keep up with the times and our needs. This is when we started looking at new software that could be a home for our data and our fundraising campaigns.

In terms of features, we really enjoy the look of the campaign fundraising pages we can generate in Giveffect and how modern and up to date, they look. We can also create these campaigns quickly and it doesn't cost us anything extra to create as many campaigns as we'd like. It is also really great to see all the feature updates and how receptive Giveffect is to ideas and additions to the system.

Giveffect has helped us with our Bowl for Kids' Sake campaigns as well. The ability to create teams is easy and user-friendly for our staff and the majority of our supporters.
Overall, Giveffect is a great piece of software to track donors and host campaigns. It has been a great experience and I recommend Giveffect to anyone looking for software

Cons

Minor bugs here and there that are addressed quickly. Duplicates not auto removed. Would love to see auto capitalization added when users add their own info in.

Response from Giveffect

Thanks so much Charleen!

Joe G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great support, good features, fine functionality

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Pros

It’s been great to experience Giveffect’s growth over the past few years. The software is user friendly, versatile, and always improving. The best part of working with Giveffect is the support staff, especially in the help chat. Their willingness to help and their responsiveness to feedback are beyond what you would experience in another CRM. I feel that my input on how I use the software and what I would like to see improved is not only heard, but considered valuable by the Giveffect team when working on updates.

Cons

The biggest problems are not with features but with functionality. Because the software aims to do so many different things, we often find that some of the more basic features are glitchy or not well-executed. We also had problems in the past where, after bringing some of these issues to their attention repeatedly, they were never addressed - though that has improved.