Avature

4,2
Daniel M.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Avature ATS is an industry leading software that provides endless possibilities to it's clients.

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Avature is by far my favorite ATS software that I have worked with in my career. Not only that, but they do a great job with bi-weekly system enhancements and staying at the top of the curve when it comes to functionality and features that will keep your recruiting organization at the forefront of the industry.

Pros

Two of my favorite features of Avature are the ability to automate and customize. When implementing this system you have the ability to match the software to your business model and processes. You can also apply automation in a number of ways to enable an increase in productivity for your Recruiting and HR organizations.

Cons

With tons of features and flexibility it's all about knowing and figuring out the best way to do what you want. Sometimes you will encounter issues based on an initial configuration that will take a good amount of work to resolve and get you from point A to B, but nevertheless the system can do a ton!

Becca R.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Candidate Experience Improvement!

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Overall, I really enjoy using Avature. I think it's important to prepare for an all-encompassing first few weeks of figuring the system out, but once you do it really does make life easier, especially in a fast-paced recruiting environment, or one that requires a lot of data flow.

Pros

Avature has streamlined processes in a way that was a big source of frustration for my company and client prior. It allows for access and visibility on both sides, which means better communication and return on investment. The platform allows for real-time data flow on candidates - where they are being sourced from, what stage they are in the process, etc. - which is a relief for my client account, as we work on a level that requires high volume recruitment (especially when our team had to audit by hand weekly). It will automatically parse and input candidate profiles as you do outreach on traditional sourcing platforms such as LinkedIn, which is a huge time saver as well.

Cons

I like to think that after having used/trialed/switched to many ATS/CRM platforms in my time spent recruiting, that I can get a handle on them pretty quickly. This was definitely not the case with Avature. While the payoff is great once you've figured out how to use it, the learning curve is a long and difficult one. So much so that my company literally created and sent out a mandatory training program with quizzes and practical application assessments to complete so as to ensure that everyone would be able to use it once the migration from our previous system occurred. High-volume recruitment is not something that allows for the kind of free time this required, so it was definitely a bit of a pain. I will also say that there have been innumerable errors from the data migration. It's hard to say if this is because of Avature, or our previous platform, but it's worth noting.

Isabel S.
Industry: Investment Management

ATS - Financial Industry

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Overall, as long as you have clearly defined requirements and vision of the future-state and have dedicated resources to thoroughly test the application, you might want to give Avature a try. Avature is a powerful engine if you know what you are looking for and if you are able to establish the right way of communicating this to the implementation team.

Pros

Flexibility to solve for "modern" times problems

Cons

Lack of QA from the Avature implementation team

Changes being pushed that are not well managed with users. Assigned Account Managers should make sure clients are aware of the change, when it is coming and how that impacts functionality of the solution.

Easter-egg hunting syndrome. We do not know we have certain features (and it only takes them a minute to enable it) until we ask or raise a struggle to Avature. Could be a frustrating experience.

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Avature

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

The ability for users to Self Report is superior to other products. To be able to filter down by workflow step or any field filter, regardless of the object, make it easy for the user to configure their own reporting. Furthermore, Avature has and is willing to build custom integrations for many 3rd party initiatives should their clients be interested in integrating say, a dialer, or, other data source. They are great to work with I have made career decisions on my ability to work with and support Avature.

Pros

I've had 7 years experience implimenting Avature, and, the unfortunate experience of sunsetting Avature in favor of what turned out to be a far inferior (though a very popular) product (with another company). Avature's ability to report data, customize workflow and field configurations, and, the ability to utilize data outside of the platform is second to none. It's highly customizable, user-friendly, and, easy to train. There is no need for 3 part apps, with additional costs, and while some features have additional costs within Avature, the value is superior to those with 3rd party Apps. Avature is constantly improving their product, rolling out enhancements, and, thinking ahead to provided what is needed for true AWS achievement.

Cons

While there are some cons, like, accessing large table data in a raw format for BI integration, Avature is working on overcoming that with Avature 8/Endpoints. Because Avature is so customizable, no two instances are alike, and, this can be more difficult for standardization and training initiatives, but, there are prescriptive restrictions that can be placed on users and admin type roles to avoid customization where desired.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excellent ATS

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Love the system. Extremely quick and easy to use for Talent Acquisition needs- tracking, hiring, reporting...

Pros

It’s incredible how easy it is to use Avature for all your recruiting needs. One of the better ATS’s I had ever used. Very easy to input candidates and jobs, very versatile in managing the candidate pool and connecting them to current jobs. Easy to post to job sites from Avature. And what I love the most it doesn’t have a million extra fields that you need to fill out in order to create jobs or candidates. They literally got rid of all the unnecessary information fields.

Cons

I wish it had a strong parsing component but hardly any ATS has done it

Lisa K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

What are you waiting for

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

You can customize Avature to fit your needs. If you need more features once you've been on the platform and understand how to use it, Avature is able to accommodate rather quickly. The account management team really helps you to understand the tool and how to best maximize for your specific business need. The platform just keeps getting better and better each year.

Cons

The system can be completely customized so it may sometimes be difficult to get started because there are so many options. It is very important to have an initial plan to make the build out easier. You will always be asked "What do you want it to do?" so knowing the answer before they ask you the question will help guide the new user and the Avature team.

Tom G.
Industry: Insurance

Great for Talent Pooling candidates

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Pros

- the dashboard and layout is very easy to use and you can easily navigate between folders and features
- the ability to custom tag prospects/candidates allows the user to bring up search results very quickly and efficiently
- the ability to create email campaigns
- search functionality is complete and very simple to use

Cons

- depending on the level of package your organisation has, you can be limited with some of the features i.e. using your own customized tabs, not having it integrated with your applicant tracking system

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Avature for the Win!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

We chose Avature as we needed a solution flexible enough to accommodate many varying populations and processes. We wanted input on the design and wanted to be sure we could tweak things in order to achieve continuous process improvement. We have been able to totally redesign and improve Talent Acquisition to become an innovative and efficient department.

Pros

This is a great software as it really allows you to customize it to fit your specific needs, rather than trying to use an out of the box solution and make your process fit it. It is highly flexible and configurable. To top it off, it is easy to use and intuitive! It continuously has updates and truly helps our organization innovate.

Cons

Compared to all other systems I've used, this is the best! The continuous updates occasionally have unforeseen negative impacts, but their customer service is great at quickly finding solutions.

Kevin R.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Avature is forward thinking and innovating.

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

I love that Avature contains a very configurable environment. Your organizational needs can be designed and met. If there are gaps, Avature listens and works with flexibility to provide solutions.

Cons

Avature is continued development. They always are working to enhance and make their platform stronger. I don't have much negative to say about the tool because if there are things you wish were different, they are open to hearing what you want/need and will level-set candidly with you on possibilities.

Yves C.

Avature, The Future Of ATS

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

We use Avature on a daily basis to upload the candidates that apply and the candidates that we source for the organization. Overall, Avature streamlined the process of organizing the data and also engagement with each profile.

Pros

Generating and customizing a report. The ability to customize and share a report depending on your audience has definitely improved my reporting skills and the way I present data to the team. This has definitely been a game-changer for recruiting since we're dealing with a lot of data and everything is neat and well designed.

Cons

Cleanup of leads and profiles are a hassle. It would be nice if we could initiate a mass cleanup to identify duplicate profiles for us to make sure if we a previous candidate has already been tapped by a colleague.

Katie P.
Industry: Medical Devices

Avature ATS system

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

We work both in and out of the United States and have been able to optimize the candidate application and interview process around the world, taking all country-specific rules into consideration. The system also integrates well with our employee management system for onboarding management.

Pros

This entire system is customizable. The workflows, forms, portals, and events are all easily customizable to work for your unique company. I appreciate that I can make many changes independently, but the tech support team is always available to assist when I do not have the capacity to do something. They also offer plenty of training videos which has helped me train new team members and learn more myself.

Cons

There are some elements that seem behind in the times compared to other software systems, but Avature is constantly releasing updates, and they're great about listening to their customers. If people voice their opinion, the Avature team will thoughtfully consider your suggestions.

Jillian T.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Overall a good solution for our team

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

The ability for our team from various locations to manage leads and follow a single process.

Pros

Avature has a clean aesthetic and has features that have modernized our recruitment team. I enjoy being able to customize fields to fit our needs, from building forms to the reporting functionality of lists. It has been good for our team to all use a standard platform for communication and processes. We have also appreciated the work the Avature team has done to create custom portals that are set up for our unique circumstances.

Cons

The customization is nice, but also a challenge. My team hasn't been able to get a full menu of services to really know all of our options. We have the Avature CRM and we've been told how we can have full customization, but then when we start to explore getting certain features, we're told that they're only available for Avature ATS. Things have worked out for our group, but it does seem like there's room for Avature to have more consistency. My team is also finding that the customer service is sporadic, especially after implementation.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Guada G.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Looks easier to customise than it is

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

After 2 years of original implementation qe continue working on customisation and improvement. Most of our needs have been met and we are now in a good place to start taking more advantage of the tool.

Pros

Avature is very user friendly and allows for customisation their competitors not often offer, making it a good option across several company needs.

Cons

Although Avature focuses on product customisation, many of it carries additional cost, making the base CRM option not quite meet customisation's future expectations.
Customer service don't address questions/issues that the sales team originally does address very well, making the post implementation experience quite a different affair as the sales/implementation one.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Mohammed S.
Industry: Entertainment

Very Strong ATS

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

I've worked with Brassring, ICIMS and SAP. Avature is my favorite because of the strong customer support and continued product evolution.

Pros

Appreciative of the vast customization available to admins within the system. Intuitive from a user perspective and very strong customer support from an admin perspective.

Cons

Lack of a home button and building an expression within a custom report is not always the easiest.

Hubert J.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All round great platform with great support staff.

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Data consolidation and capturing. Multi user shared platform that helps our global team truly perform.

Pros

Willingness to work hand in hand to improve and always move forward.
Ability to customise and combine features for true power use.

Cons

Delay in certain technical aspects being updated or altered when needed urgently.
Certain customisation features assume a universal brand or one client only.

Bill F.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent user experience with strong customer support. Our team uses everyday.

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

Flexibility and adaptability. Very easy to edit workflows and train new employees. Upgrades and features continue to add value to our user experience.

Cons

We would look forward to having a better mobile experience and more advanced mobile features for our team. Currently, unable to access some mobility unless on an Iphone.

Heather W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

I love that Avature is highly customizable to our company's needs. I also enjoy the automation that we can opt to include in our process (ie. emails, advancing steps, attaching forms, etc.).

Cons

It can be a little tricky for non-technologically saavy recruiters to learn.

Todd L.

Having been in TA for some time, I have found an ATS/CRM that works/thinks like a recruiter does.

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Pros

Built from the ground up, always adding amazing features, and client-centric in design and support.

Cons

APIs and Calendar Integration/Scheduling, no real pre-built Ecosystem of integrations (References, E-sign, background check, etc...)

Kristie H.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product with many advanced features.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

The ability to customize Avature to fit the needs of both novice and advanced users. I also like how quickly you can set up pipelines, add prospects and send out email campaigns.

Cons

It has been a challenge to get all of the recruiters to use Avature as it is not integrated with our ATS. Even though the program is fairly easy to use many still find it a bit too confusing.

Sharon B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

I love Avature!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

I love the Avature ATS and recommend it to everyone. It's not user friendly and our implementation manager has been the absolute best!

Pros

I love how it's end-to-end, innovative, trendy, and user friendly (especially on the backend).

Cons

Nothing! There are some things it can innovate upon, but I believe they will do it.

Kevin R.

Avature is awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

I love how customizable it is compared to other ATS platforms. It is also very easy to use when building and configuring pieces within it.

Cons

Being a younger company, compared to other vendors, there are some gaps in abilities that haven't been developed yet.

Himanshu S.

best tool for talent acquisition and easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

Best part of this tool is it's ease. I used this for referring candidate. Very fast and customisable. It took max. 1 min to refer someone

Cons

Difficult to know the coolest updates Avature did recently so that we can also utilize and use those features

Industry: Telecommunications

Potential Is There

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

It can do whatever you need it to do. Easy to use and train people on. Great overall tool for CRM.

Cons

You have to pay for each and every little change. The way clients are managed is different too based on your acocunt level, so your customer service can vary widely.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Lamar V.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My experience with Avature.

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

I like the idea of working within one system for CRM & ATS needs.

Cons

The software seems a bit too linier in process and not very dynamic when it comes to features. I find it difficult to readdress a task if an edit is required.

Ashlynn M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Platform for Internal Mobility & Referral Programs

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

Our company uses this platform for internal mobility & Referral programs. I love how interactive it is and how many visuals it allows for our company to include. It also allows for application processes to be simple and quick! I also love the settings that allow a user to see previous application history, as well as check progress on a referral.

Cons

N/A - I really have never had any issues with Avature. I love the system!