PushPress Reviews

PushPress

Gym management & billing software suite

4.7/5 (116 reviews)
Heather F.

Took us from looking mom and pop, to presenting like a well established business w/ a tech staff

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Pros

We run an athletic performance facility. A big portion of our athletes are below the age of 18. Pushpress allows the athlete/parent to sign the athlete up easily on line from landing pages. We are able to attach digital documents to the plans so waivers are signed by parent and stored digitally. Parents can pay online prior to attending class. We spend our time coaching instead of doing administrative task during our training times. Once an athlete is established and on a plan, the system does the rest..From recording check ins, to sending emails when punch cards are out.

It keeps track of our payments and indicates who is late. It will flag athletes that have not paid, by not allowing them to check in.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the customer service. They are very attentive to problems and open to dialogue about features that users would like added in future updates.

Cons

Emails...some time the system sends emails to clients when I wish I had a clearer way of indicating if I want an email to go or not. Sometimes our clients get bombarded with emails and the email I actually need them to read and act upon is lost in the mix.

Also the inability to change pricing on the fly for a plan without creating a discount. End up comping plan and charging to invoice...just not nice and clear when looking after the fact. Requires me to make notes in system so I know why they were comped etc.

They have improved using the system for youth athletes, but our problem is kids do not pay the bill. I wish the athletes could check in, but would Athlete would be flagged and we would be flagged in the system if they have not paid...but still records Check-in as owing.

The portal is nice but really needs ability for athlete to check how many punches they have remaining to be valuable.

Jason H.

Want a software for your gym with excellent performance and support - choose PushPress

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

PushPress is simply the best! They gave the best presentation when doing their demo and they all are part of gyms so they know all facets of the industry. Their customer service is the best I have dealt with and that says a lot as I spent 10+ years in the IT field. The people at PushPress are so helpful, friendly, prompt, and just so all around awesome that you actually look forward to interacting with them. Their service and their software have totally changed our gym to where we now feel like we are actually able to do work with the tracking of leads, at risk members, and just our community as a whole. I would recommend PushPress again and again - all day - every day!

Pros

The best thing about the PushPress software is the ease of use. We were able to jump right in and get everything set up so quickly. We have learned how to implement new pieces easily as well as integrate the software into our website, kiosks, and TV. Our warriors have loved the ease of check in and purchasing via the Store.

Cons

The thing I like the least would be that I can't do everything from my phone - an admin app for the phone would be awesome as I don't always have my computer around at the gym and our kiosks are in use.

Skyler B.

Industry Leader in Gym Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

PushPress saves me time, effort and money, allowing me to do more of what I want to do and less of what I have to do.

Pros

I've been using PushPress for over two years now and have been consistently surprised by PushPress. The company is constantly evolving, adding new products, services and integrations that empower me to spend less time on running a business and more on what I'm in business for. Exceptional customer service is just the icing on the cake.

Cons

Interface is slightly "rigid," but it does everything it needs to do, so it's not really a problem as much as it is an opportunity.

Response from PushPress

Thanks for the review Skyler! I love your mindset in that it's more of an opportunity! We're actually redoing the whole frontend right now :)

Katie F.

So Happy We Made the Switch

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I could not be happier with this software, and I recommend it to literally everyone. The team behind it includes gym owners, developers, and designers who all work together on it. So it's super easy to use, and does all the things I need it to do. The product owners actively work on improving the software and are very receptive to and involved in the community of people using it. The customer service is exceptional. It was very easy to make the transition from our old software (MindBody). I stayed with MindBody *way* too long. My only regret is not making the switch sooner.

Pros

It does everything I need it to do, is super clear and easy to use, and the pricing is unbeatable for the value delivered.

Cons

There's no time clock feature and payroll is in beta. We have a small staff and use a spreadsheet to track time, so it's not a big deal. It is 100% worth it to use PushPress and keep track of time with other methods.

Jon C.

PushPress FTW!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Our overall experience with PushPress has been fantastic. We switched over from one of their main competitors and we have absolutely no regrets. It's a great tool to have for members, especially with the Store and Check-in apps as well. It makes for a somewhat flawless introduction for new members coming into our gym.

Pros

The new PushPress smartphone app is very easy for our members to use. They can sign up for classes, see who is in each class, and even add a profile picture so it's easy for people to put a 'face to the name.' We also love the fact that we can send out 'landing page' forms to any prospective members to sign up as a lead, for an intro, or for a membership. We can also add a discount and they can visibly see the discount is being applied which is great!

Cons

What I liked least about the software has already been taken care of in the latest app updates: 1) Our members wanted to see who was in what class and that has been resolved with the new software update; 2) We wanted a waitlist because a lot of our weekend classes fill up and there's no way to see if anyone else is interested in the class, but again that is currently being tested in the app before the release; 3) We really hope they implement timing out of classes soon. For instance if no one is signed up for the 6:30pm class by 5:30pm, the class will automatically be cancelled so the coach and athletes will know.

James E.

Very Pleased

It’s been fantastic.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use and responsiveness, whether I’m in front of my computer, or on the go. The customer service is phenomenal, and they’re constantly working to improve their product.

Cons

I think the amount of emails that go out to members can be a little overwhelming. Important information is easily lost to those who don’t manage their inbox well

Nick F.

So thankful I switched to Push Press!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Using Push Press has been a gamechanger for CrossFit Breakthrough. It allows us to be way more organized, creative, consistent, and professional. Automating several things I used to do manually has saved me time and money!

Pros

The customer service is amazing, and fast. Any time I have an issue, I can chat with somebody directly, and they seem to genuinely care about the problem, and offer solutions and best practices. That was especially crucial last year as we on boarded to this new system.

Cons

Sometimes the apps can run a little slow. But I appreciate that any issue that arises, the team takes feedback on and seeks to improve/resolve

Jonathan M.

BEST App I Recommend for CrossFit Gyms & Athletes

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I've been a user since 2014. It was great then, and has only continued to improve.

Pros

User interface is on point. Easy to like and comment on things that build community. Easy to customize for your gym. Backend usage is easy. LOVE IT.

Cons

Sometime, it can be slow to load. I'd also like to see the ability to make your results from a WOD private to other users - even at your gym. I realize it's a feature that almost seems counter-intuitive, but we've had a handful of times that would have been useful.

Maria E.

Get off the computer and back to work faster!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pushpress has exceeded my expectations in Customer Service. Quick to respond with solutions. There's no run around or inexperienced reps. Everyone I've dealt with is very polite and proactive to find you answers. Pushpress is easy to use, very user friendly, very organized. Thank you for a great product!

Pros

Pushpress organizes all my clients memberships, classes, events, sales of product, emails....I can link contact forms and registration pages to my Gym's website for easy payment processing. The Pushpress team works continually to update software. They accept recommendations on features and improvements, and work to make the Pushpress software work for you! They respond very quickly to questions, and provide videos of their answers, instead of simply directing you to "visit the customer forum to find an answer".

Cons

During one software update all my members' emergency contact info got imported to one of the other fields, and the only fix was manually going into each and correcting. But no info was LOST.

Jonathan R.

Best Management System Out There

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Push Press offers every major report you could ever find valuable. The dashboard has everything you need right away to do a quick check on what you need to know for the day. The check in in awesome letting you know who registers, who checked in and who didn't. Everything I can possibly want is in this system.

Pros

We have used two other big name management systems at our CrossFit gym. When we had the opportunity to try Push Press we took a chance because we did nit love our system at the time. Rep and his team have exceeded our expectations. The system they developed has thought of everything. Dan even met with me and my husband when we happened to be in the area of his gym and just talked about what we need and what could make the system better. The team is quick to respond with any question and that is super important to us. They are always finding ways to make our lives better and better.

Cons

I know that cons are valuable to help you improve, but I can honestly say I cannot think of one.

James P.

PushPress has packaged a very powerful platform into a simple and easy to use solution.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

I've been able to remove myself from most of the day-to-day admin, since members can self-manage most of their issues through the apps. This has freed up hours from my day to devote to growing the business.

Pros

The simplicity. Once the system has been set up, there is very little maintenance that needs to be done with the software. Getting members into the system with a membership is fast and simple. This allows me to spend the time getting to the member, instead of doing admin for the member. It just works.

I also love the dedicated apps. They take a load of my staff and there is less need to have a staff member managing a front desk. These apps make it easy for members to self manage scheduling, checking in to classes, and purchase.

The overall look and feel of the system is elegant. It isn't cluttered like other management solutions (MBO, Wodify, etc). We've had nothing but compliments from our members since the switch!

Cons

I would like to see more controls on how to communicate with members and clients. I would like to be able to customize the messages on automated emails.

Eric M.

PushPress Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We are able to work ease set up our processes for a better business. I have able to track the metrics each day/week/month to further grow my business.

Pros

I love the ease at which my PARISI can set up everything needed for customers. We can send out waivers, transaction requests as well as follow up in a timely fashion to anything our clients needs.

Cons

I would say nothing had even crossed my mind agony what is wrong with the software. I feel their is no weakness!

Justin M.

Push Press Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

I like the ease of use. Having used multiple member management services, Push Press has been the easiest to navigate and learn.

Cons

I wish there were more reporting features such as upcoming bills and upgrading memberships. As of now I need to delete a membership and then issue a new one. It would be easier to just have an upgrade feature.

Gretchen H.

Push Press

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

We are a small fitness studio and the software is plenty robust for our needs. I imagine as we grow, we will grow into some of the other features this program has to offer. Billing, scheduling, website, member app, have all been fantastic for us so far.

Pros

Very intuitive. Handles all the functions that I need it to for our small fitness studio. Interface is clean, easy to navigate. The response time for any help or support is very quick too.

Cons

Nothing so far, still consider myself a newish user:)

Kara C.

Awesome product, a few bugs

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Overall, the software is great and does everything we need it to do. The support staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. If I could change one thing, it would be giving businesses control over the emailing to its members.

Pros

This platform is super easy to use and understand. The apps and additional features are simple enough that we started taking advantage of them soon after we set up our membership billing side of things. Mainly, we use it for member billing, attendance and payroll tracking. But we've also begun to use the store and screens apps.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the auto-emailing and how we don't have control over what goes to who and when. Especially during migration (but even after), members get tons of unnecessary emails and it's pretty obnoxious. We've also run into other miscellaneous bugs and they often take awhile to hunt down and fix. Seems like the software is very popular and with all of the new apps being tested, issues don't get resolved for several days, maybe even weeks. Maybe just a shortage of manpower?

Response from PushPress

Thanks for taking the time to give us your honest feedback! We appreciate every review.

We agree with you about the emails - when we started we thought "less is more" and felt it was one less thing an owner had to spend time configuring. We still believe setting up all the emails is a lot of burden on an owner, but we've identified a better way to do this.

It's on the project board, and will be done soon, but we have some really big works in progress now that have to be completed as a prerequisite to this.

Scott M.

PushPress is the best value with the best service on the market

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

The value of the software is second to none, I think. The people who created it are gym owners who understand how gyms, especially CrossFit-style gyms operate. Their customer support has always been great, too. Quick to respond or offer an answer. I also like that there's a Facebook community so you can see how others who are using the software may have already solved a certain problem you're facing -- like two people who share an email address.

Cons

It's kind of cumbersome to setup new clients, especially drop-ins, with "special requests." I coach one class and will frequently get people who say they were given a buy 2, get 1 free deal, or are offered 50% off a punch card, etc. Special exceptions are difficult. I wish I could just open one screen and put in the persons name, how many classes they get, and how much I want to charge them, if anything at all.

Jaime E.

Pushing PushPress

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall, PushPress makes running a gym significantly easier. Automated memberships alone are worth the time saved to run memberships.

Pros

-automation
-customer service
-cyber security

This software allows for quick charges on items, event setup, attendance tracking, and member communication among other things. I appreciate the automatic drafting of memberships which takes the thinking out of the equation so I can focus on my actual business.

Cons

-membership cancellations
-could use a point of sale device
-cost per transaction

Memberships cancelling is tough to navigate at times. It would be convenient to have a device for sales similar to the Square System.
Personally looking forward to a less expensive option for transactions.

Jessica H.

Business Anytime You Need It

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I’ve been with Pushpress since 2016. I have recommended them countless times and will continue to support them. They’ve built an amazing platform for ease of use and the features keep coming all while they grow and add clients.

Pros

The ease of use. It’s intuitive and you can get the information you need/want with a click or two. Time is money and as a mother and business owner I need my software to work in my office and on my phone on the go. It checks all of the boxes I need to be successful. Thank you Pushpress team.

Cons

I don’t have a least. If I had to choose one maybe the quirks that arise here and there. However, the team is always there for you to fix any issues and weekly big fixes allow for constant upgrades.

Dawna G.

Good software, great support

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Amazing customer service. Push Press is an ever evolving platform which they are constantly working to improve, but it does not have all the kinks worked out and there are a lot of needs for workarounds to manage fairly basic (in my opinion) needs. Still, I would rather work with a company whose product has a little less finesse but who I know is doing their best to improve it and serve their clients needs than with a company which has everything under the sun but who you can't reach when there is a problem.

Pros

The software is simple to use, and the support is phenomenal. If there is an issue the developers are quick to respond and will dig in until they find the issue.

Cons

I like that it's basic.... but I also don't like that it's basic. Would like a little more robustness in reporting and member management. I understand the developers want to focus on what they feel are the most important areas rather than adding a bunch of bells and whistles, but I think what I would want to be able to generate from the software and what the developers feel is most important doesn't always line up.

Preston W.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall the product is easy to get around and can provide, not only ease of use with products, payroll, and member accounts, but accurate information on member consistency and growth.

Pros

This software allows our gym to easily manage memberships. We can see our new leads, who has been showing up, to the gym, and who we need to reach out to to provide a better service and get them back in the gym. We can easily add new products for members to purchase via the product page. There is also a very seamless payroll system in place as well which makes getting paid the correct hours very easy.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that there isn’t a seamless way for members to log themselves in for the day through a partnering app such as SugarWOD. I have to manually enter names and check members in.

Tyler E.

Thoughts on Push Press

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

The software is pretty consistent and I can certainly rely on it to get the job done

Pros

I like that Push Press attempts to offer all the features a gym business would need

Cons

I feel like because this software tries to do everything, it struggles to do any one thing particularly well

Response from PushPress

Tyler, thank you for the review! Although we have been the first in our industry to claim "all in ones are a failed concept, because they cannot do anything very well", it is indeed hard to meet all the needs of a gym owner and do everything exceptional. Our goal is to keep everything as simple and streamlined as well can to hit that "exceptional" mark for as many clients as we can.

Any way we can improve things, do not hesitate to let us know!

Stephen H.

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

We are seeing more traffic than ever due to the enhanced user experience. The days of paper waivers, emailing with drop-ins and potential members are long gone.

Pros

This software has fully automated my CrossFit affiliate. We are able to do everything needed with it. It has transformed our retail point of sale which used to be a pain for members. We have been able to run better reports, setup events, and it integrates with all of our existing communication tools (slack, mail chimp, etc). Their customer service is fast and prompt to resolve any issues or problems you might have.

Cons

The PushPress team is constantly updating to make the platform better so there can be some features that are not fully functional for very short periods of time. It has not been an issue for our day to day operations. My only suggestion would be a staff app so it isn’t just browser based for employees and managers. I’m sure this is in the pipeline.

Jake K.

Easy to learn, easy to customize

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

I needed an accurate software that easily tracked memberships and the dollars spent, and it does a great job.

Pros

Very customizable, easy to learn, reports are easy to read

Cons

Wish it had programming software like Sugarwod built in.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jake! We appreciate your feedback. We do have our Track system, which allows you to easily program workouts - but we do not do workout tracking.

The reason is twofold:

1. Currently, there's 2 philosophies around workout tracking. Tracking performance & Building community. It's pretty hard to build a system that can do both well. SugarWOD is focused on building community.

Depending on which way you'd like your gym to leverage workout tracking, you would prefer one or the other. If we built our own, we would be inflexible to the other side of the equation

2. Workout tracking is a massively moving target, and it's needs constantly evolve. If we built that, we would needing to devote resources to continually evolve it, which would take resources away from our core development.

We believe specialists win over generalists. We prefer to have the best core system and work with systems that can enhance us.

Ty K.

Simple and Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

PushPress has made running my facility a lot more efficient with all the of the tools and integrations it has built in so far. They are always improving and making for a better experience. Their customer service is always speedy and super understanding of anything that comes up (if a glitch or something happens).

Pros

The ability to scale it to whatever business size you have. PushPress integrates with a lot of other software to make it easy to keep your POS system in place while adding to your technology.

Cons

Sometimes there are things you want to do that aren't part of the software but that means they aren't part of the software or integrations YET.

Aaron R.

Business Software for the Fitness Minded

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

It's not that we are solving business problems, it's that Push Press doesn't create any for us to solve... There are always small kinks with updates but these are such a small issue and the support staff is always keen and quick to hear and fix.

Pros

Ease of use and seamless adjustments for membership options with our transient population have made a world of difference. Projections and past month metrics on income and retention are fantastic for assisting us with laying out plans for expansion and additions to the coaching staff.

Cons

Inability to customize mailing lists is a small flaw. We would like to see a current population map/overlay to know areas our members come from, or areas that are yet untapped potential. More data based metrics off check-ins. Plan vs plan, etc.