PushPress

Gym management & billing software suite

Charles P.

Keeping it Simple

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Simple and and very easy to use. Customer support was super quick.

Cons

Personal training tracking and scheduling and billing. There isn’t an easy way to use it for recurring clients because half my business is personal training and it doesn’t work well with this.

Response from PushPress

Charles, thank you so much for your feedback! Our goal is to make the simplest, most robust platform that allows you to run your gym without dealing with the headaches of a complicated software.

Eric M.

PushPress Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We are able to work ease set up our processes for a better business. I have able to track the metrics each day/week/month to further grow my business.

Pros

I love the ease at which my PARISI can set up everything needed for customers. We can send out waivers, transaction requests as well as follow up in a timely fashion to anything our clients needs.

Cons

I would say nothing had even crossed my mind agony what is wrong with the software. I feel their is no weakness!

Response from PushPress

That's great to hear, Eric! With everything gym owners have going on, remembering to respond to clients can be a challenge. I'm glad we're able to help!

Aimee M.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Pros

We have been with Push Press for our gym management software since it was in beta. It does absolutely everything I need it to do and makes running the gym much easier. Every year the software has added new features. The company is very responsive to the needs of the gyms that use it and the customer service is amazing. Highly recommend

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now

Response from PushPress

Aimee, thanks for being a PushPress OG! We couldn't be happier that you've stuck with us and we're excited to see how far we can go. Thanks for your support!

Jonathan R.

Best Management System Out There

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Push Press offers every major report you could ever find valuable. The dashboard has everything you need right away to do a quick check on what you need to know for the day. The check in in awesome letting you know who registers, who checked in and who didn't. Everything I can possibly want is in this system.

Pros

We have used two other big name management systems at our CrossFit gym. When we had the opportunity to try Push Press we took a chance because we did nit love our system at the time. Rep and his team have exceeded our expectations. The system they developed has thought of everything. Dan even met with me and my husband when we happened to be in the area of his gym and just talked about what we need and what could make the system better. The team is quick to respond with any question and that is super important to us. They are always finding ways to make our lives better and better.

Cons

I know that cons are valuable to help you improve, but I can honestly say I cannot think of one.

Tiffany R.

AwesomeSauce

Reviewed on 2020/03/28

The customer service is outstanding. The guys/gals behind the scenes really love what they do so they are more than helpful to help you help your clients. I couldn't have asked for a better support system or cheer team.

Pros

This is such an awesome product to manage clients. You can create tons of plans, keep track of attendance, sell products/merchandise and easily keep track of it all.

Cons

I don't like the way it says "edit" at the bottom of the "edit" page. I wish it would say "save changes?" or something to that effect.

Response from PushPress

Tiffany - we love our Stroller Strong Moms! Thank you for the feedback! Really happy our customer success team is providing great value for you - it's one of our core tenants to make sure your team is well super well supported.

Jess R.

PushPress

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

I appreciate being able to manage the gym when I'm not there.
Keeping track of memberships and payments

Pros

I like the ease of using it.
Anytime I have an issue the crew is always quick to help and fix it.
I appreciate the cost. I have a small affiliate and the cost is affordable​.

Cons

I wish there was an app versus having to use the website.
I would like to see ACH it has been promised for years with no follow-through.
Cleaner landing page links
During my busiest times I feel that my check-in process and the laptop​ is slow and it take a lot​ of time for it to load or it doesn't load and then I'm having people sign in on a piece of paper. This creates more work for me.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jess! This type of feedback is always useful. We just spent some time working on a fix for the check-in app slowness, let the support team know if you're still experiencing difficulty. Also, ACH is currently live in beta...reach out to support to get into the next cohort. It will be open to everyone in the next 30 days. Thanks for your patience!

Raymond F.

The customer service is what keeps me loyal

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Pros

They are true professionals and actually care about the users. Pushpress is super easy to use, and has all of the essentials, but the customer service is second to none.

Cons

If it had workout tracking I would give it 10/10, other than that, its top notch.

Response from PushPress

We appreciate the review, Raymond! Our customer success team is full of people who truly care about you and your success. I'll pass along the kind words. Thank you!

Kara C.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Awesome product, a few bugs

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Overall, the software is great and does everything we need it to do. The support staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. If I could change one thing, it would be giving businesses control over the emailing to its members.

Pros

This platform is super easy to use and understand. The apps and additional features are simple enough that we started taking advantage of them soon after we set up our membership billing side of things. Mainly, we use it for member billing, attendance and payroll tracking. But we've also begun to use the store and screens apps.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the auto-emailing and how we don't have control over what goes to who and when. Especially during migration (but even after), members get tons of unnecessary emails and it's pretty obnoxious. We've also run into other miscellaneous bugs and they often take awhile to hunt down and fix. Seems like the software is very popular and with all of the new apps being tested, issues don't get resolved for several days, maybe even weeks. Maybe just a shortage of manpower?

Response from PushPress

Thanks for taking the time to give us your honest feedback! We appreciate every review.

We agree with you about the emails - when we started we thought "less is more" and felt it was one less thing an owner had to spend time configuring. We still believe setting up all the emails is a lot of burden on an owner, but we've identified a better way to do this.

It's on the project board, and will be done soon, but we have some really big works in progress now that have to be completed as a prerequisite to this.

Theresa S.

Consistently exceeds my expectations - Leaders in the Fitness industry

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

The developers of this platform are gym owners themselves, and it shows. This software helps from following up on leads, to forecasting sales and revenue- even payroll and keeping track of t-shirt inventory. Tech support is responsive and has provided clear solutions for anything I contact them about. If they asked me to marry the I'd say yes. ;)

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use for both me and my members. Everything you need in one place.

Cons

I would like to have less problems syncing devices with Check in-app. It unsynced a couple of times and it was a hassle to correct. But tech support was responsive each time.

Response from PushPress

Theresa, Thank you for the review! Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the pairing of our apps, we will continue to keep an eye on that. Glad to hear our success team has been of help to you - it's very important to us to have lightning fast, educated success reps!

Stephen H.

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

We are seeing more traffic than ever due to the enhanced user experience. The days of paper waivers, emailing with drop-ins and potential members are long gone.

Pros

This software has fully automated my CrossFit affiliate. We are able to do everything needed with it. It has transformed our retail point of sale which used to be a pain for members. We have been able to run better reports, setup events, and it integrates with all of our existing communication tools (slack, mail chimp, etc). Their customer service is fast and prompt to resolve any issues or problems you might have.

Cons

The PushPress team is constantly updating to make the platform better so there can be some features that are not fully functional for very short periods of time. It has not been an issue for our day to day operations. My only suggestion would be a staff app so it isn’t just browser based for employees and managers. I’m sure this is in the pipeline.

Matt C.

Great service

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Pushpress makes it easy to process all kinds of payments, keep track of memebers, track inventory and more.

Pros

The customer service you get from PP is great. I truly feel like a value customer not just a easy payment. I get more help than i could ask for. They truly care about the success of their customers.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing to navigate but not really that bad.
The signing of memebrship could be a little more involved but you can work around it.

Response from PushPress

We 100% agree! Our customer success team is full of people who really care about gym owners. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Matt, we appreciate it!

Steffany tilton T.

Review for Pushpress

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

We are doing our damndest to automate and keep track of purchases, billings, schedule, client information, etc in one place. If we could add options like "keep track of member stats", workouts, programming logs, body measurements, etc, that would be a one-stop-shop of BRILLIANCE!

Pros

I love how user-friendly the software is, the customer service is, how clear the team was during our trial and how helpful they've been on issues big and small.

Cons

There are longer roll-out times for some intuitive things me (or more likely my clients) recommend which surprise me, but it could be a function of how our gym is uniquely set up.

John S.

PushPress Client Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

My experience with PushPress. The PushPress team and customer service are second to none.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use PushPress. The staff has gone above and beyond from day one and continually advances their services and products. I also like how easy it is to integrate the PushPress software with other apps and systems.

Cons

I don't like that I cannot pause memberships for a set duration so that the membership starts billing automatically after the end date.

Itamar C.

Best back-end system for CrossFit Affiliates

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

The incubator program has been immensely helpful in the early stages of a new CrossFit affiliate. Super valuable information and guidance that I don't know where we'd be without it.

Pros

It's simple to use and easy to understand how to add new members/memberships and make any necessary changes.

Cons

Financial reports can be confusing, especially when numbers don't perfectly line up from one to the other.

Response from PushPress

Hey Itamar, this is awesome! We're so glad you're a part of the incubator program and that you're seeing its value. Give yourself some credit too because you're the one taking the time to implement everything you're learning. Keep up the great work and thanks for being on our team!

Kristin T.

Super User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Pros

Love the how way to use Push Press is plus any time we make a suggestion for how to make it even better it is accepted as constructive feedback and taken into consideration. Been a real joy to work with Push Press. Best decision we made for our gym

Cons

I can’t think of a negative aside from just learning the system however any time we have a question it is quickly and effectively answered.

Response from PushPress

Thank you so much for your feedback Kristin! It means so much to us!

Lisa K.
  • Industry: Sports

Great software!

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Great experience overall! Customer service is great with the chat feature. All our questions and concerns that have been addressed were rectified and quite promptly.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating the software. Everything is simple and straight forward, which is exactly what we needed to keep track of members and to process their payments. There are good metrics to keep track of financial areas as well.

Cons

I would like an overall feature to list in one area all the members assigned to a staff member regardless of what type of membership they have, this way they have a running list.

Miguel C.

Ease of use, efficient, stress free

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I love the staff, they get back right away, will help if I don’t understand anything, and always check in to see how things are going!

Pros

I love how all the things I need are easy to find and not a ton of different reports I’ll never use!

Cons

Some of the features take a while to roll out. I do understand everything needs to be tested before they do

Brianna G.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

It's easy to use, find information, and the reports are easy to read.

Cons

With the recent change to the website, there are SO many more clicks to create and charge an invoice. Much more cumbersome than it used to be. It also takes a long time to load and switch between pages most of the time.

Glen P.

Great features and smooth performance

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

My experience has grown using the automated reports generated by Push Press

Pros

I love the ability to publish our workouts and class check ins to tv's using the Amazon Fire Stick. The system itself is user friendly, and takes little prep to use.

Cons

I wish the ability to charge using ACH was an option. Also, the ability to track PR's and performance in the Push Press Member Portal App

Angela A.

Great Gym/Studio Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

The ease with creating reports is worth it alone!

Pros

I love the reports, how members can sign up for classes on line. The ease of use us awesome. The customer service before and after purchase. If I have a question, there is usually a response in less than 24 hours!

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Angela! Our customer success team prides themselves on their fast response time...I'll pass along your positive words!

Jordan H.

CrossFit owners who love push press

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

It’s easy to use functions. We have had no trouble with user friendliness. It’s also extremely easy for coaches to use it for drop ins and honor charges!

Cons

I am disappointed in the changes made to the “create a charge” option on member profiles. It’s become a little more complicated.

Adrianne H.

Push Press Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

So far it has been great! We are getting to know the in's and out's of Push Press. It's been a little struggle with the change- just by trying to train all of our coaches in the processes.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Since it's made by people who actually own a CrossFit gym, the main buttons are easy to find and use. They know how to run reports and which reports are useful. I'm also really happy about the way it tracks leads- I feel like we can finally keep up with them!

Cons

We have two locations and we are unable to have 1 page for both gyms together. We are required to have two pages which complicates our check-ins.

Jason R.

awesome software

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

excellent

Pros

recommend to any and all gym owners!! totally awesome software!

Cons

nothing at all. it works every time and they keep up with updates. at first the check in app was not good but they have fixed it

Samantha R.
  • Industry: Sports

Adequate product

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

There is a lot of information, the reports are useful.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy, there are more clicks than needed for a lot of things. The app could definitely be streamlined.

Response from PushPress

Hey Samantha, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you find the reports useful, but we want to make sure we're meeting all your needs. Please reach out to our support team via intercom with your concerns, and we'll see what we can do. Thanks!

Jason A.

On Pushpress

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

It is basically a check in system for us... everything else it does can be done with other products.

Pros

Serves as a decent base for a Crossfit gym.

Cons

The reporting is terrible. Hard to run a business using the built in reports. They are seldom correct or useful.