PushPress

Gym management & billing software suite

4,7
4,8
4,6
4,7
4,8
Ben O.

Exceptional. Seems biased...

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Pros

My review ratings seem really biased, but I’ve only had really good experiences with Push Press and their customer service. They are proactively solving problems before I even knew that they were problems that need to be solved. The software is convenient the athletes that I coach haven’t had any problems using it, and I couldn’t really be much more satisfied.

Cons

The only thing that I wish they did better was texting clients back-and-forth. It is not a vital piece of our business

Response from PushPress

Thank YOU, Ben! We're constantly working to make our product so good that our users seem biased :)

Dan G.

We're in this together

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Like any relationship, there are going to be ups and downs, at the end of the day I'm glad to feel that PushPress is "in the fight" with us which is not something every member management software can say

Pros

Customer Support is phenomenal and they're constantly improving the product and adjusting to current trends / issues

Cons

The thing I like least about PushPress is that I didn't switch to them sooner

Response from PushPress

Thank YOU, Dan! We wish you had switched to us sooner too, but nonetheless, we're stoked to have you with us now!

Joseph F.

Excellent member management software for a CrossFit Gym

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I have loved using Push Press! It has been one of the best improvements we have made at CF Breakthrough!

Pros

-customer service is readily available, quick, and helpful
-always improving. Bugs and issues are fixed or improved quickly
-looks good. clean
-intuitive, easy to use, easy to teach team how to use

Cons

-sometimes app on tablet runs slow, or into issues
-would like more detailed customization when choosing event times, cancellation windows, etc

Colby B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Poor, slow customer service. Inconsistent platform.

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Negative. Initially, we were sold on the ease of use. However, after using the software day to day (for over a year) and having issues, we quickly realized this was not the standard. Integrations are clumsy to utilize, member communication is limited and only works for short messages, and customer support is lagging. Billing is also erratic and unpredictable with members being re-charged for past purchases without explanation.

Pros

The initial “proposed” ease of use was the selling point for us.

Cons

Unpredictability and inconsistent customer support.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Nnamdi O.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Push Press - Best Gym Software & Gym Owner Support!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

We spent a significant amount of time and due dilligence in efforts to select the best gym software to launch our business. We choose Push Press and pleased with the decision more and more as we use their current key features and see the work the team puts in to serve Gym owners and their clients by constant improvements to the software platform.

Pros

Ease of Use & Implementation - quick and easy timeline for implementation. Great training and tutorial videos, plus great customer support.

Dashboard - quick view of the most important information as a gym owner and coaches on a daily basis. Class schedule, At-Risk Member, Leads Report, and check-ins / class reservations.

Lead Process & Follow-Up - Allows for quick follow-ups, assigning leads, and tracking their progress to membership. Ability to leave notes and change status help with managing the process between team members.

Reporting - Financials, At-Risk Members, Membership Allocations, and more provide source of valuable information when assessing health of business and making business decisions.

Integrations - a wide variety of key integrations for websites, workout trackers, social media, communication/email platforms and google analytics.

Customer Service - great training videos and resources, plus content to help gym owners grow themselves, their clients, and their business.

Cons

Sign-up Form Customizations - would love to see customizable forms for fitness challenges and other event sign ups that link into lead management process. Capability is avaiable but would love to see additional development.

Response from PushPress

Nnamdi! Thank you for the review! We appreciate all feedback and are working really hard to make this as perfect system as possible.

Customizable sign up forms is a huge product enhancement we'd love to tackle. We do integrate with Google Forms and such via Zapier for now - but we absolutely recognize the need to be able to build in app questionnaires and forms!

Jason L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Can you add a 6 start option?!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Excellent ... Customer service is the best I have ever experienced!

Pros

It's so easy to use and any info I need is very easy to access.

Cons

Wish I could select the day I wanted to see for the "my day" section on the dashboard

Response from PushPress

Jason! Thank you so much for the review. We view customer success as our only mission here - including the support you're getting from our team! (but also including the software and the education we can provide)

John B.

Best Gym Management Software Period

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Like my title says "Best Gym Management Software period!"

Pros

Ease of use for my members and my staff. Best Customer Support!

Cons

Nothing, everything exceeds my expectations

Response from PushPress

Thanks so much, John!! We're so happy that you joined us :)

Brandon E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

PushPress will go to the ends of the Earth

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & The Team helped save our gym during Covid-19

Pros

PushPress snd it’s team will absolutely go above and beyond to provide a robust platform that has simplicity and elegance simultaneously. All you need, nothing you don’t.

Cons

We have found nothing that we do not like about this platform

Response from PushPress

Brandon - WOW Thank you for the kind words! As fellow gym/studio owners we have a unique attachment to our clients. When we say we want our clients to win, we mean that... and every thing we do (not just the software) is a reflection of that.

Really happy that you're feeling and seeing that - it means our Core Values are being reflected by every team member here!

Joe M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Build your business on a platform that cares about your success!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

The best! Excellent software aside, Push Press has proven their value to me by adding priceless resources such as the support of mentors to get my business moving in the right direction. 100%; Push Press is the reason my gym became profitable.

Pros

It works consistently! No crashes during peak hours and immediate response from customer support.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see added in the future, i.e. the ability to direct certain emails to specific individuals on my team only (by individual; not by role).

Response from PushPress

Thank you so much for your review Joe! Hearing feedback like this is what really pumps us up!!!

Our mission is to help gym owners succeed in every way we can, we will always fight for that end goal.

Communications upgrade is on the table. It's been designed and comped. Latest coronavirus craze has pushed back some development and product efforts as we shifted attention to things that matter with this new way we all need to do business.

Marcus C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Overall, PP has been a great, easy tool for our business to track numbers, members, inventory.

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Great for tracking monthly business numbers and products sales

Pros

Push Press is easy to manage and provides great respires that we utilize daily.

Cons

Inability to print reports & not being able to email certain groups of people vs. everyone.

Response from PushPress

Thanks for the review, Marcus! We're stoked that your coach referred you and that we've been able to make a positive impact on your business. Stay tuned for future communication improvements!

Matthew B.

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Great software and easy to use. Transferring members over from mindbody was so easy and the team at Push press helped me every step of the way.

Pros

The ease of use and the great customer service. I originally switched from mindbody and will never go with another system. Anytime i have an issue i receive. A response Whittington hours, not days as with mind body.

Cons

Wish is synced with constant contact. I do not use mail chimp and that would be awesome if i could get the contacts to sync with constant contact.

Response from PushPress

Thanks, Matthew! This is exactly what we want to hear. We're happy you made the switch and even happier that we could support you through the process. Regarding Constant Contact, we might have a solution for you using our current Zapier integration...reach out to our support team for more guidance.

Heather F.

Took us from looking mom and pop, to presenting like a well established business w/ a tech staff

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Pros

We run an athletic performance facility. A big portion of our athletes are below the age of 18. Pushpress allows the athlete/parent to sign the athlete up easily on line from landing pages. We are able to attach digital documents to the plans so waivers are signed by parent and stored digitally. Parents can pay online prior to attending class. We spend our time coaching instead of doing administrative task during our training times. Once an athlete is established and on a plan, the system does the rest..From recording check ins, to sending emails when punch cards are out.

It keeps track of our payments and indicates who is late. It will flag athletes that have not paid, by not allowing them to check in.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the customer service. They are very attentive to problems and open to dialogue about features that users would like added in future updates.

Cons

Emails...some time the system sends emails to clients when I wish I had a clearer way of indicating if I want an email to go or not. Sometimes our clients get bombarded with emails and the email I actually need them to read and act upon is lost in the mix.

Also the inability to change pricing on the fly for a plan without creating a discount. End up comping plan and charging to invoice...just not nice and clear when looking after the fact. Requires me to make notes in system so I know why they were comped etc.

They have improved using the system for youth athletes, but our problem is kids do not pay the bill. I wish the athletes could check in, but would Athlete would be flagged and we would be flagged in the system if they have not paid...but still records Check-in as owing.

The portal is nice but really needs ability for athlete to check how many punches they have remaining to be valuable.

Jason H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Want a software for your gym with excellent performance and support - choose PushPress

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

PushPress is simply the best! They gave the best presentation when doing their demo and they all are part of gyms so they know all facets of the industry. Their customer service is the best I have dealt with and that says a lot as I spent 10+ years in the IT field. The people at PushPress are so helpful, friendly, prompt, and just so all around awesome that you actually look forward to interacting with them. Their service and their software have totally changed our gym to where we now feel like we are actually able to do work with the tracking of leads, at risk members, and just our community as a whole. I would recommend PushPress again and again - all day - every day!

Pros

The best thing about the PushPress software is the ease of use. We were able to jump right in and get everything set up so quickly. We have learned how to implement new pieces easily as well as integrate the software into our website, kiosks, and TV. Our warriors have loved the ease of check in and purchasing via the Store.

Cons

The thing I like the least would be that I can't do everything from my phone - an admin app for the phone would be awesome as I don't always have my computer around at the gym and our kiosks are in use.

Response from PushPress

Thank you, Jason! We're stoked that you feel like PushPress is having such a positive impact on your gym. Everyone here truly loves what they do and that includes getting the chance to work directly with gym owners, coaches, etc. Thanks for joining our team!

Jake K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to learn, easy to customize

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

I needed an accurate software that easily tracked memberships and the dollars spent, and it does a great job.

Pros

Very customizable, easy to learn, reports are easy to read

Cons

Wish it had programming software like Sugarwod built in.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jake! We appreciate your feedback. We do have our Track system, which allows you to easily program workouts - but we do not do workout tracking.

The reason is twofold:

1. Currently, there's 2 philosophies around workout tracking. Tracking performance & Building community. It's pretty hard to build a system that can do both well. SugarWOD is focused on building community.

Depending on which way you'd like your gym to leverage workout tracking, you would prefer one or the other. If we built our own, we would be inflexible to the other side of the equation

2. Workout tracking is a massively moving target, and it's needs constantly evolve. If we built that, we would needing to devote resources to continually evolve it, which would take resources away from our core development.

We believe specialists win over generalists. We prefer to have the best core system and work with systems that can enhance us.

Amanda B.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

Customer Service is the bomb! So responsive and helpful.

Cons

I wish there was a management app. I'm out in a park and don't have a "check in" front desk. The Check-in app is restrictive because I can't see who I've already checked in. I usually end up using the browser, but then the checkins are all the way at the bottom of the page and require a lot of scrolling. They tend to refresh frequently OR not pull up the option to select a class time so often that I don't usually end up checking people in at class time. Even then, I often have a circle loading for a long time, sometimes prohibiting me to even enter attendance for a day or so. IF I had tons of classes, I could rationalize this delay, but I don't ... I only have two classes, two days a week. The rest of the days, I only have one class a week.

Response from PushPress

Hey Amanda, I'm so glad our support team has been helpful! We think they're pretty awesome too. Thank you for the feedback as well, detailed responses like this are very helpful. I'll make sure and pass this information along. Thank you!

James E.

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

It’s been fantastic.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use and responsiveness, whether I’m in front of my computer, or on the go. The customer service is phenomenal, and they’re constantly working to improve their product.

Cons

I think the amount of emails that go out to members can be a little overwhelming. Important information is easily lost to those who don’t manage their inbox well

Response from PushPress

Hi James, we appreciate your comments! We know that owners are constantly on the move so making sure you can seamlessly transition is important. We are also looking to overhaul email functionality to give you much more granular control in the near future, you will love this!

Sommer H.

Worth it!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

This programmed has allowed me to integrate purchased programming and save so many hours! Love the app for clients, super easy to navigate!

Pros

I love how this integrated with SugarWOD and it's ease of use.

Cons

There are a few features lacking on the reporting and invoicing side.

Response from PushPress

Sommer - thank you so much for the feedback!

Make sure to drop some suggestions to our Success team - so we can try to understand where we're lacking for reporting and invoicing. Our mission is to nail it across the board and would love to understand.

Jerry M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Amazing App with great features

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I love that I can use 1 app to manage my clients, classes, invoicing, sales and also appointments it makes things a lot easier then having to use multiple apps.

Pros

I love the features available with the application, the ability to not only manage members but also their invoicing, payments, ability to self serve as well as the add on features such as check in app, sales app and the class screens app.

Cons

Unfortunately I have found a number of bugs or quirks within the app. Most of the time the team has been great to work on them and resolve only a couple outstanding items but I wouldn't completely blame Pushpress, part of it is integration with Google calendar.

Response from PushPress

This is great to hear! We're constantly working to make the app the best it can be, so we always appreciate feedback. Thank you, Jerry!

Rya F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Amazing support & developers who are constantly trying to improve

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

We can sell memberships and products. Otherwise I fell like reporting and tracking could be a whole lot better.

Pros

Customer support is awesome, and usually really quick to respond when a question arises.

Cons

Sometimes it just feels...clunky. Reports are typically kind of confusing and it's hard to get to the report you actually need. Member lists/counts don't usually feel accurate and it's hard to customize what customers you are actually trying to track. Setting up an in house lead, or new member is a slow clunky process, transitioning them from a lead to a member, is somewhat clunky. The process to change a members plan by canceling the existing plan is not the greatest since it shows as a canceled plan. 12x per month type memberships are set up bad for the first month since it allows that new member to check in 12 times within the first month, even if they sign up the last week of the month. Integration, product setup, & use of Store app is also clunky.

Response from PushPress

Hi Rya, thank you for the feedback! Our team is constantly striving to improve the user experience. One of the projects our developers are currently working on is more customization of reporting, so keep an eye out for those improvements. As always, if you're ever having trouble with a process, please reach out to the support team for guidance. They are pro's and always willing to share best practices. Thanks!

Skyler B.

Industry Leader in Gym Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

PushPress saves me time, effort and money, allowing me to do more of what I want to do and less of what I have to do.

Pros

I've been using PushPress for over two years now and have been consistently surprised by PushPress. The company is constantly evolving, adding new products, services and integrations that empower me to spend less time on running a business and more on what I'm in business for. Exceptional customer service is just the icing on the cake.

Cons

Interface is slightly "rigid," but it does everything it needs to do, so it's not really a problem as much as it is an opportunity.

Response from PushPress

Thanks for the review Skyler! I love your mindset in that it's more of an opportunity! We're actually redoing the whole frontend right now :)

Charles P.

Keeping it Simple

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Simple and and very easy to use. Customer support was super quick.

Cons

Personal training tracking and scheduling and billing. There isn’t an easy way to use it for recurring clients because half my business is personal training and it doesn’t work well with this.

Response from PushPress

Charles, thank you so much for your feedback! Our goal is to make the simplest, most robust platform that allows you to run your gym without dealing with the headaches of a complicated software.

Katie F.

So Happy We Made the Switch

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I could not be happier with this software, and I recommend it to literally everyone. The team behind it includes gym owners, developers, and designers who all work together on it. So it's super easy to use, and does all the things I need it to do. The product owners actively work on improving the software and are very receptive to and involved in the community of people using it. The customer service is exceptional. It was very easy to make the transition from our old software (MindBody). I stayed with MindBody *way* too long. My only regret is not making the switch sooner.

Pros

It does everything I need it to do, is super clear and easy to use, and the pricing is unbeatable for the value delivered.

Cons

There's no time clock feature and payroll is in beta. We have a small staff and use a spreadsheet to track time, so it's not a big deal. It is 100% worth it to use PushPress and keep track of time with other methods.

Jon C.

PushPress FTW!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Our overall experience with PushPress has been fantastic. We switched over from one of their main competitors and we have absolutely no regrets. It's a great tool to have for members, especially with the Store and Check-in apps as well. It makes for a somewhat flawless introduction for new members coming into our gym.

Pros

The new PushPress smartphone app is very easy for our members to use. They can sign up for classes, see who is in each class, and even add a profile picture so it's easy for people to put a 'face to the name.' We also love the fact that we can send out 'landing page' forms to any prospective members to sign up as a lead, for an intro, or for a membership. We can also add a discount and they can visibly see the discount is being applied which is great!

Cons

What I liked least about the software has already been taken care of in the latest app updates: 1) Our members wanted to see who was in what class and that has been resolved with the new software update; 2) We wanted a waitlist because a lot of our weekend classes fill up and there's no way to see if anyone else is interested in the class, but again that is currently being tested in the app before the release; 3) We really hope they implement timing out of classes soon. For instance if no one is signed up for the 6:30pm class by 5:30pm, the class will automatically be cancelled so the coach and athletes will know.

Chris M.

Push Press is awesome

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Pros

The ease of use of the software. I feel I can basically do anything on it.

Cons

The workout tracking. I wish it was better set up like other platforms so I wouldn't need an additional workout tracking platform.

Response from PushPress

Chris, Thanks for the review! We love that you find the simplicity as a big pro of ours - it's something we've built the whole system around - keeping it simple!

We feel that "all in ones" are flawed because you cannot do everything and do everything well. Wrokout tracking is such a large business that's continually evolving there's simply no way we could build that as good as the specialists out there.

we believe in excellent experience - so building subpar software that would add to our overhead in terms of engineering support is a tough proposition.

Instead we focus on partnering with the other best of breed solutions if that's important to you.

Jonathan M.

BEST App I Recommend for CrossFit Gyms & Athletes

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I've been a user since 2014. It was great then, and has only continued to improve.

Pros

User interface is on point. Easy to like and comment on things that build community. Easy to customize for your gym. Backend usage is easy. LOVE IT.

Cons

Sometime, it can be slow to load. I'd also like to see the ability to make your results from a WOD private to other users - even at your gym. I realize it's a feature that almost seems counter-intuitive, but we've had a handful of times that would have been useful.