Showing 76 reviews of 62

Lucky Orange

All-in-one conversion optimization suite for website owners

Showing 76 reviews of 62
Chris C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best budget heatmapping tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Absolutely flawless at the current price point. Lucky Orange offers just about everything you'd expect from more expensive competitors.

Pros

It's difficult to slate the platform considering the price point - Lucky Orange is by far the most affordable (and probably best value for money) heatmapping tool out there. It does everything you need, from heatmapping, mouse tracking, funnel and form analytics.
Regular email reports are incredibly helpful.

Cons

Reports load slowly and general use is pretty clunky and frustrating; there's a lot of work that could be done from a UX perspective on the platform. That being said, the tool is easy to learn, and reports are simple to understand.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review, Chris! We strive to provide a great product at an affordable cost to our customers and excited to hear we are meeting your business's needs. We appreciate your review, and happy tracking!

Danny C.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I like to hear the bell sound when new user visiting my website

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

yes, Lucky Orange is great, the system even give you sound notification when someone visit your website, this is real good when I am alone at home/office; then I know someone is reading/surfing what I create. The system also allow me to start the live view and see what the visitor reading on the page, include with their location, landing and exit page, browser type, screen resolution, did they type on the site etc... this is the details I need, so i can keep improve/update my website!

Lucky Orange also screen record all the page view, so I can review on the page UI design, fix the UI problems and see what user likes on the page, this is really useful for the website too. Thanks Lucky Orange to build good product like this, Thanks

Cons

The system is real good, if you really need me to come up the least of the software will be the Chinese translation, I found some of the Chinese word is not match with the functions

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear, Danny! Finding new ways to see what your customers are experiencing and taking the guesswork out of improving your store is invaluable. We are thrilled to be part of your business and are looking forward to continuing to work with you! Thank you for this glowing review, and please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any questions.

Collin W.

Great product with great customer platform

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

These guys are great from platform implementation to continued customer service I am not a tech person and I can instantly tell when a tech company puts customer service before profits because they understand when I have questions it will take some additional time to answer my questions and these guys from day one have done exactly that very pleased with them.

Pros

Easy to setup and begin to use for the purpose of installing. I did not need to become an expert to utilize this software in a way that instantly added value to our web site build out.

Cons

It would be nice for a fast way to block IP address' which there may be but I have not done enough research to verify. Sometimes I notice our own IP's often which I know can be blocked but just a quick button to do so would be nice.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for the review, Collin! As our founders have always said, you shouldn't need a Ph.D. in data analytics to recognize why people aren't converting. Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value and insight from Lucky Orange and use it to grow your website. We're always here to help if you need it!

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help documentation to guide you through the process: (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

Kevin s. O.
  • Industry: Furniture

User friendly heatmap application

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I make a lot of landing pages with subtle differences. Lucky Orange clearly indicates which elements attract clicks and how, and I can also watch recording of site visitors within the app. Extremely useful for testing content.

Pros

I had been aware of Lucky Orange and its purpose for some time before deciding to purchase it for our Shopify store. Heatmaps can easily be considered an essential piece of tracking software for an e-commerce site, and Lucky Orange does it well. Their analytics are mostly redundant because of Google Analytics, but for their speciality, LO is great. It visualizes visitor data into something to be interpreted and acted upon.

Cons

The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people. Also, the heatmap is the big kahuna of Lucky Orange so don't hide it as some random tab! Some assume the app failed. Perhaps a more prominent indication of where the heatmap will go.

Tapesh B.

Website Recording and Analyse user behaviour

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Pros

Their video recording tool is the best one as we can easily analyse user behaviour

Cons

Some of the recording this tool not able to record , don't know but if 100 users will come to my website then it shows only 87 recordings

Dan W.

hands down the best CRO software!!!

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

I have used Lucky Orange for 2+ years and i could not recommend them enough. All the tools are so helpful. I use the Visitor Recordings and Heatmaps the most. I tried other companies, but their product worked the best out of the box, and support was great to work with too.

give them a try -- you wont regret it!

Pros

The dynamic heatmaps, Visitor recordings and chat

Cons

so far- it has been great. wish i had more time to use it in the day

Adriana B.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

It is a must have for UX driven companies

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

A must have for our team and business!

Pros

It was super easy to setup Lucky Orange through GTM and within 1 week of trial we had many insights for UX optimization that we found out when navigating through heatmaps and also records for specific pages.

Cons

USD. We are a Brazilian company and when paying in dollars we have importation taxes that mulitply by 1.5x.

Response from Lucky Orange

We strive to make sure all of our customers walk away saying, "This is a must have for our team and business!" Love to hear that you've been able to use Lucky Orange's dynamic heatmaps and session recordings to make such an impact on your website and customer experience. Appreciate the recommendation, and don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of service in any way.

Kristen Z.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Really great for competition and keyword research

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

It's a great system. I have recommended it to many of my friends and clients.

Pros

I like to use this system as a starting point for keyword research and competition. I know it does a lot of other cool things that I like as well, but for me, I find the Kombat section most helpful.

Cons

There's not a lot a dislike, but it would be great if they teamed up with Moz or Ahrefs so that I could get everything I need in one place.

Sandi A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Lucky Orange Does The Job

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Very good, and their customer service is excellent. Very responsive.

Pros

We use the heat map tool the most and it's been very useful.

Cons

The NPS survey was not as good as others we've used.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for the kind words, Sandi! We're so glad you've been to use our dynamic heatmaps to dive into visitor behavior. We're happy to be part of your journey and wish you continued success. Happy tracking! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with.

Ian S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I have been able to see what areas of my website are worth investing in, what needs to be tweaked and how to hold visitors where I want them for longer

Pros

The software really helped me gain an insight into what is happening on my website and was super easy to use. The support team helped in setting me up so much as well.

Cons

I dont really have anything to say negatively. Ive found it very useful

Great heat mapping tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

Gives you great insight on where the customer is moving on the website. Shows you how the content reflects what is working and what is not working.

Cons

Sometimes there is misattribution and gives you wrong data. The data can also not provide really valuable insight, for example they customer is just moving quickly through the site.

Raad K.

BEST app to understand why your customers aren't converting

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Pros

I thought I had a store with fantastic user experience based on my previous shopify stores, but turns out what I learned so far doesn't apply to all stores... For example, the upsell on my cart's page doesn't show on certain devices unless the user scrolls down (and I wanted it to be visible immediately), another example has to do with older age groups (main audience for one of my stores) as they didn't realize there are more images for the product that they can see by simply swiping left or right, this made them keep on changing the variants to view the product in its other colors (it was a problem with a specific theme, so I added a swipe icon on the first image)... At first I thought their monthly price is not within my budget as I didn't need the app often, so I paid $50 for a limited lifetime deal with some other app, only to realize later on that I use it way more often than I originally thought, AND no one masters the app like Lucky Orange starting with its features, functionality, ease of use, speed, and ending with its super amazing support team. Thank you for such a great app :)

Cons

The only thing is probably have my own device(s) excluded from the recordings, not sure if that's available or not - didn't look up their help section.

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear! Getting that front row seat to customers' online behaviors can provide invaluable insights to improving your website. Thank you for your kind review, Raad! As you continue to use Lucky Orange, I'm here to help if you have any more questions or need assistance in any way.

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help guide (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email into [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

Best heat mapping for the money

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Lucky Orange has provided us with the heat mapping tool we need to gather more insight regarding how users are using our web pages.

Pros

The best part is the price. Lucky Orange is much more affordable than other heat mapping tools. It's also better. The heat maps are more reliable, show more data, and better capture the web page. Finally, as an agency, we also love that we can keep all of our clients under one account without paying for them each separately.

Cons

The only thing I would request is better flexibility in creating filters for heatmaps and visitor recordings. Otherwise, this tool does everything I need it to do.

Response from Lucky Orange

We love to hear that getting a front seat to a website's online interactions has been just what you needed to grow conversions and business for your agency and your clients. When you can understand what's preventing a positive customer experience, you can make real-time changes that result in happier customers (and clients). Thanks for this five-star review! Always here if you need anything from our team!

Brian W.

Lucky Orange - what we didn't know we were missing

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

We had been using a free customer chat experience that allowed us to see what page the customer was on without being able to see what they were doing live. We had just been having a ton of problems with the shopping cart of our WooCommerce store and thought we would look for other solutions that would give us more. That is where Lucky Orange entered the picture. From day 1, we knew this was helping us out. The ability to get a live view of what the customers were seeing enabled us to start fixing the problems we were having right away. We got to a point where we could have an audible notification of someone adding something to the cart, go in and check if it was working, and if not fix it before the customer even knew they were having a problem. Furthermore, the chat function is a lot more available and present than what we had been having before so we are getting many more chats than previously. This all helps our conversion rate which has improved greatly. Thank you

Pros

To be honest we didn't know what we were missing. We had been using a different customer chat solution in the past (which was free) but didn't give us much more information than that. The ability that this has to allow us to see what is actually going on has enabled us to provide much better technical support. In addition, we have been able to see what is going on and fix it before even the customer knows something was even going on. The Dashboard feature is a great way to get a quick overview of how the day is going as well.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more to it. Don't we all wish we had more. I just took over the social media accounts at work and was thinking that more dashboards with more social media capabilities would be nice. Although this is not the only reason to have the software, it would be nice to have in addition to how it is already saving us.

Lee B.

Lucky Orange has transformed our business! Great product - Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

We love the chat feature and the analytics/recordings that enable us to troubleshoot issues quickly. For example, the recordings help us to resolve 404 errors in real time on the site. The polling has provided additional interaction and learning with our customers. The insights that are gained from the heat maps, combined with the recordings are priceless

Cons

I would like more flexibility in the polling, especially to be able to EXCLUDE polls on specific pages and not just add certain pages. I would like to get the names of visitors if they are already registered in our system but there isn't yet a good way to do this with Infusionsoft. We are looking forward to that addition.

• Industry: Executive Office

Orange you glad you use heatmaps (and more)

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I have loved this software and am considering adding it to all of our organization's websites for the upcoming year. It is reasonably priced and you get so much out of it for both web and marketing strategies. It had helped build a much richer story beyond our Google Analytics dashboards!

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Lucky Orange from the heatmaps to the Hubspot integration. We have used it briefly to see how it might help us with content strategy and correcting some website navigation issues, however, the marketing potential with this tool is pretty great. We are considering how this can help us reach and connect with our visitors.

Cons

It feels invasive (on behalf of the visitor) at first. There's a lot revealed in watching users in real-time. The information we've learned has been crucial to fixing our website though. A strong and transparent privacy policy is a must with this product.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Great tool that is worth the price

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Great to use, gives good insights, just missing key feature we needed

Pros

Compared to its competitors, this is such an easy to use tool that delivers great value for the price. Fast to deploy and really user friendly.

Cons

AS with some competitors, it misses some CRO features that the typical user would also want - specifically adding an AB test capability. If it had that, it would be fantastic

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that you've been able to get so much from Lucky Orange insights. When you see exactly what your visitors are doing and experiencing on your website, you have the information you need to grow your business. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking!

Sergio S.

LuckyOrange allowed me to stop the guess work

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

Be able to actually see the recordings from how our visitors actually interact with our content and forms.

Cons

Some bots were misleading some of the numbers in punctual situations, but I could double-check the numbers using Google Analytics.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for your review, Sergio! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has been able to make a difference in the growth of your website and business. Discovering how your customers interact with your website content and forms can help you make effective updates that ultimately increase conversions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of service in any way.

Florin P.

Great setup for startup companies, know your user and convert them

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

first month free, and then also the second one.
Great price for each user compared to other
Funnels and "hotness" of page

Cons

It uses javascript and not all the content the viewer sees is also displayed ( refering to dynamic content generated for user, not available for administrator to view )

Courtney M.
  • Industry: Tobacco

It was helpful to see what our customers interests and habits are.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Getting to see a huge never seen before behind the scenes view of what our customers are doing.

Pros

That you can go behind the scenes and see things otherwise business owners just have to imagine about. A whole new dimension of seeing what your customers are interested in.

Cons

The live function does not seem to always work properly, and when there's a ton of visitors it's hard to see all the videos all in the same location.

Tana C.

So unique

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

I am so happy with lucky orange. I have learned a lot and have been able to give my clients a lot of information that I didn't expect to see otherwise.

Pros

Heatmaps are amazing, and sadly they are under-rated. Why serve ads when people are already on the site and possibly crashing it? Heat maps are so fascinating that Lucky orange does such a great job giving you this information in real time.

Cons

I think that the interface is a bit messy. When you visit the site, it looks more complicated than it really is.

Response from Lucky Orange

Wow! It sounds like visitor behavior has made a huge difference for you and your clients. Love to hear that you've been able to get right to the bottom of issues and address it to improve the customer experience. Being able to understand what customers are doing on a website makes such a difference. Thank you for this five-star review, and I'm here if you need anything else!

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A real eye opener

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Lucky Orange is simply amazing, especially for new businesses, it just helps you look at your business from different angles and perspectives, the detailed analysis of how the customers' would interact with your website and lets you see what is missing/what can be improved

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little bit laggy but that's nothing compared to the pros it offers in my opinion