Showing 39 reviews of 28

TM Cloud

Trademark & intellectual property management solution

Showing 39 reviews of 28
Kelly D.

TM Cloud provides a multi-functional docketing management software suite

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

The modules are very helpful in my work.

Pros

TM Cloud has automated docketing features, is able to access docketing and data worldwide from 175 jurisdictions, and it has different modules to help organize and manage Disputes, Copyrights, Patents, Domain Names, Assignments, etc. It is a very robust software suite.

Cons

I like this software very much and it helps me manage a large international docket, so I don't have any any complaints or cons.

John C.

A great practice management program.

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

For us it was ease of use and features. Easily set up work flows; emails; reporting. Audit and update directly from the USPTO. A great feature is the merger function to clear out duplicate records. Most of all they listen to user experience. We were an early adopter. They have added fields for specific countries and continually improve the cross module performance. Renewals can be set up with automated emails; documents can be added almost anywhere; licenses are soon to be in a separate module;

Cons

There is limited financial reporting and integration but no one seems to do that well. Some odd placing of menu items. Limited patent functionality.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the great review John!

Sarah Z.

Perfect for our TM needs

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

This software is very user friendly and they offer a variable price for your portfolio needs. I love the ease of the reports and flexibility for whatever information I need or want to provide the client. The import is a great tool and there are options to create internal docket deadlines as well. If I had any questions or issues, customer support was quick to resolve or walk me through it. I really appreciate the functionality in comparison to other systems.

Cons

Would like to see more on the patent side. I am often busy and just utilize this system for my TM needs, so in my routine, I often don't think or realize what else we could be doing or utilizing with this system. Thus, I think product information or tips sent out via email every so often would be a great addition.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review Sarah! TM Cloud is certainly more ¿trademark centric¿ but we do have a patents module which works in a similar fashion to the trademarks module. We would be happy to provide the patent module free for 30 days to see if it suits your patent needs, email the support team and we can have it activated in your system for you.

Great program, but could be more flexible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Auditing records prevents user errors and increases productivity

Pros

Foreign country auditing, U.S. record auditing, fairly simple to navigate, allows for custom action entries, responsive customer service

Cons

Hard coded task descriptions, hard coded docket entries that can not be amended, reminders show as deadlines because they are calculated from static dates, auditing feature is difficult to use for some foreign countries because you have to know the application format in order to use it

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review! The majority of the system calculated deadlines and reminders can be customized to your preference from the settings menu. The support team would be more than happy to walk you through on how to amend your deadlines.

Craig S.

WCIS

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

We have been very happy with the product and would recommend it others (and have done so!)

Pros

1. It is user friendly and cost effective.
2. cloud based.
3. Continuous improvement.
4. Listen to customer comments and integrate them into the system

Cons

The the docketing system is aimed primarily at US users and is not very easy to modify.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the feedback Craig! We are very glad that you are happy with the product and recommend us to others.

Charles K.

a modern system

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

used for last 4 years
like the updating and ability to personslize

Pros

not s knock off frm dos program withclunky interface

Cons

a lot of screen seems wasted and no wayto enlarge data that i know of

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review Charles!

Bahram N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Good Service, but not always intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

Does the job: I've been tracking over 100 marks and managing their deadlines adequately.

Cons

The trademark update features are not intuitive and the instructions are not always clear. Some of the instructions were not updated after the interface was changed.

Sarah Z.

Great for Trademarks

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

This softwares is very easy to use from pulling in information from the U.S. Patent and Trademark database to creating my own docket items. I can pull any variation of information I need into a spreadsheet and it even looks great visually. Even has a link to send you directly to the TESS database.

Cons

This was all we needed for our firm, but I guess if I wanted to store my documents I would like something a little less complex then making a document profile. If I could just link it and upload directly to a history item that would make it quicker and easier for me. Currently though, we have a different software for storing documents.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the kind words Sarah. We are glad you are satisfied with the software!

Heather B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Compehehensive docketing for an international trademark practice

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

This has been a solid docketing system for me. Others I've used have felt clunky/outdated or didn't have the features I need to run my practice efficiently. TM Cloud seems to cover all the base in terms of my needs and user friendliness.

Pros

I like that the system is set up to accommodate practices who may do a lot of work with firms in other countries, either doing US work on behalf of foreign firms, or hiring those firms to handle applications in their jurisdictions for my clients. I also like the ability to draw data directly from some trademark offices. My new favorite feature is being automatically notified on updates to my US applications.

Cons

I have some trouble figuring out how to automate certain features.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the kind words Heather! We are glad that you are enjoying the new pending USPTO automation!

Julianna O.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Overall the program is fine. It suits our needs but we do get frustrated using it at times.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

We get the ability to help our business folks understand their intellectual property better by showing them their portfolio in one place, and we can also audit our portfolio each year by clearly understanding which trademarks are registered.

Pros

We like that it manages all our trademarks in one spot for a low cost. We appreciate that we can pull reports and determine what trademarks are coming up for renewal in the next few months.

Cons

It feels outdated and is clunky to use at times. My paralegal uses it much more than I do, but I know that she gets irritated with putting foreign trademarks into the system.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review Julianna! The support team would be more than happy to speak with your paralegal and see if we can aid in making entering foreign marks more efficient for your firm.

• Industry: Legal Services

Very user friendly and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Easy to navigate; easy to edit; ability to import data from national trade marks office; cloud-based nature which saves on hardware costs

Cons

For a small to medium sized firm the costs do escalate quite quickly as the number of trade marks increases; only free access for 2 users

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the great review!

Jackie L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Best Software and Customer Service Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

The overall experience has been amazing from the very first - from transfer of files into TM Cloud, the customer support is beyond exceptional! If I have a question there is no wait time for a response. I couldn't ask for a better support system! The entire company is truly amazing!!

Pros

The ease of learning it and performing the various tasks I need.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I do not like about this software.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review of TM Cloud Jackie! We are very pleased that you are happy with the software and the customer support.

Mary-ann C.

TM Cloud is an easy to use and informative tool.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

I depend on the weekly docket report that is in my inbox every Monday morning. It allows me to plan my week and gives me a heads-up on those tasks that are coming up in the next thirty days.

Cons

This firm files many applications in jurisdictions other than the United States. If I could add a feature to TM Cloud, I would connect the system to trademark offices around the world, so that I could import the applications rather than having to add them manually.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review Mary-Ann! TM Cloud is indeed connected to international trademark offices for downloading, auditing and refreshing data where available. Currently the system is integrated with 65 online trademark offices. When importing a new record (foreign or not), simply select the jurisdiction from the dropdown list and enter the application or registration number to download.

Better Than Most

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

TM Cloud is better than some systems that I've used, but they still lack features that would make them a 10.

Pros

Easy to navigate, easy to use, reliable, creates a deadline for some actions that are really reminders

Cons

Lacks reporting features, lacks customization - would be nice to have a system that auto generates "reminders" based on details within the record

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review of TM Cloud. The software does have the ability to set up custom automated deadlines and reminders and well as custom reports. Please contact [email protected] and we'd be happy to assist.

David T.

I have been using TM Cloud for about a year for approx. 300 dockets

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

- possibility to obtain information directly from the TM Office in the platform.
- easy access and management of dockets

Cons

far too "US based" approach e.g. kind of action are set for the US practice which is only one country and may not apply as such to the rest of the world. More generic terms should have been set or for example a connection of the specific legislation that would be created as soon as the concerned TM is a US or non-US one

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the feedback David! The majority of the deadlines/fields in drop down lists can be customized to your own terminology to better suit your practice. We¿d be happy to set up a quick screen-share to show you how to amend the wording.

Kelly W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use and reliable

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

I've been using the system for a few years now. It's great to have a reliable, easy to use docketing system with customizable reports sent to my inbox.

Pros

It's very user friendly. I don't have time to learn an new docketing system. This is one of the more intuitive systems I've used.

Cons

If things are entered in the proper order, the docketing becomes more complicated. And it can be difficult to precisely tailor custom reports.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review Kelly!

Key part of making my trademark paralegal job seamless!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Links to many jurisdictions; quick audit feature to ensure information is complete and accurate; plenty of built in reminders

Cons

Need to update trademark status from pending to registered in order to calculate 8&15 deadlines, renewal deadlines

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review and feedback!

Steve Z.

Great product, super intuitive interface!

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Ease of use and reliability of maintaining critical deadlines.

Pros

I love that I have been able to figure out most features on my own without having to consult with support or even a user's guide.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the great review Steve!

Paula K.

pretty good; lucinda is very nice to deal with.

reporting
cloud based
ease of use

Pros

relatively easy to use/ ability to printout custom reports/ links to TM Office

Cons

wish it had more shortcuts - eg batch entry for Journal

sometimes we have to bring suggestions/updates/deadline protocols to the company

would be nice to have more links to TM Offices

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the review and feedback Paula!

Erin L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

The reminders generated 3-6 months before filing deadlines in generated reports that gives a good time frame to remind clients and gather the necessary information

Cons

Would like there to be a feature where all marks could be updated with a single feature instead of having to go into each mark to update it to be reflective of the records of the filing office.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the kind words Erin! We are always striving to perfect the software and automation is one of our top priorities. Stay tuned!

• Used Other for 6-12 months

I paid upfront for a full year subscription (the only option). Did not like it. Could not...

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

The idea is great, and the docket reminder emails are theoretically useful. The industry is in need of IP docketing and management software.

Cons

Execution is poor, interface is not user friendly, no cancellation option, no trial period to figure out if it actually suits your firm. Needs better integration with USPTO and TTAB. Alt Legal is leaps and bounds better.

Response from TM Cloud

Thanks for the feedback. We do indeed offer 30 day trial periods for new users and our minimum subscription term listed in our TOS agreements is for 1 year then month to month after.