PayJunction Reviews

PayJunction

Payment processing for mid-large scale businesses

4.8/5 (96 reviews)

Great Credit Card Processing, Especially for a Business with Multiple Locations

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

So far, so good. It provides much better back end access for running returns or adjustments for clients. It allows me to remotely see what my employees are doing as everyone has their own login. Setting up recurring payments or running future transactions on a card (securely) on file is a breeze. The client always gets an emailed receipt, so it's easy to prevent fraudulent charges by employees and charge-backs from customers. The smart terminal is easy to use and helps save a ton of paper by sending e-receipts.

Pros

It's all a virtual terminal, so I can access everything from wherever I am. Having three locations, it's imperative I have one login to check on statements, transactions, etc. With our previous processor I had eight different logins for this. With PayJunction it's all in one place. It also enables me to run a transaction for any location from whichever office I'm in. I don't need direct access to the physical terminal to run a payment. I can even run a payment in person for someone for a different location than I'm currently at to help keep my accounting correct.

Handling remote transactions is amazing with PayJunction. For any remote transaction the client gets an email requesting a signature for the payment, so there's no need for authorization forms to protect us - everything gets signed! All signatures are stored digitally as well, whether as a remote transaction or in person on the PayJunction smart terminal, so there's no need to keep a giant collection of paperwork for credit card transactions. It's all stored digitally and easy to search through/run reports.

Setting up a payment page on our website as a hosted checkout was easy as well. It gives our clients an easy way to pay if we're not in the office and they know their balance due. Everything about PayJunction has made our credit card processing easier and more streamlined.

Cons

Customer support. There's no support on weekends!

They lost Shopify integration and do not have a mobile card reader yet, so I have to use separate companies for those two things.

Response from PayJunction

Hey, thank you for this review! We're glad that our system has improved your day-to-day payment processes!

Our support team has extended its hours over the last year to offer 10 extra hours of support every week. They're now available Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT. Our team is dedicated to supporting your needs, and we do provide extended, emergency support during select holidays and weekends.

Shopify, unfortunately, ended its partnership with us. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision caused. Lastly, our mobile app is still in development and we would never want to promote a product that wasn't 100% ready. We will hopefully have this out to you in 2019 with the functionality you've come to expect from PayJunction's products and services.

Amanda D.

Very straight-forward software. Easy to navigate and use even for first-time users.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Lower credit card processing fees.

Pros

Very easy to use with minimal training. Interface looks clean, simple, and organized. Also like how the payment methods actually look like the physical item (e-check looks like an actual paper check, Visa card has the Visa logo on it, etc.) which makes distinguishing between multiple payment options very simple.

Cons

No easy way to sort/view customers by the company name instead of the cardholder name. Wish VERY MUCH that there was an option to customize the customer list so we could add a column to view the cardholder name AND company name, and then also sort the columns.

Also want to see the company name in the data fields when viewing the Recurring Accounts list. I have to cross-reference this EVERY time I have to verify which of our customers are on auto-pay as we don't refer to them based on cardholder name, but by the name of their company. Example: Joe at Smith Masonry calls and asks to update the card we have on file for their recurring payment, but the current card we have isn't under Joe's name and he doesn't know offhand which name it IS under. I have to export the full Recurring Accounts list to an Excel file in order to see the company name each account is associated with, JUST so I can tell Joe that the old card was under his assistant Jenna's name. Then I have to cancel the recurring payment under Jenna's customer account name, create a whole NEW customer account since the new cardholder is now Joe, and set up the recurring payment once more under Joe's name. Not even done yet! Because when creating new recurring payments, entering the company name isn't even an available field yet! You have to save it first, go back to the Recurring Accounts list, reopen it, hit Edit, and THEN type in the company name. TOO MANY STEPS for something so simple.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have two workarounds to share with you.

1) To view the companies in the customer list, you simply need to export the list. Here's some information about that: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214407668-How-do-I-export-my-contacts-
2) The field names that appear in the recurring accounts are
based on the columns set in the 'Recent' section. You'll want to edit the columns to have "Company" as one of them. You can do this by navigating on the top right corner of the Recent page. There, you'll find an "Edit Columns" button.

5.0/10
Gabriel G.

PayJunction a win for us!

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Overall I really like the service and we will drop our other processors once we are finished with our remodel and have a single cashier. I recommend them to everyone because while it isn't perfect, the issues we have with other processors are far greater and the fact that we can call to an american, english-speaking agent in Santa Barbara and get answers on the spot is HUGE. And the entire team is fantastic. I haven't had one person at PJ to complain about.

Pros

PayJunction has been a super convenient and helpful solution with instantaneous access to customer profiles and capture data. Integration with WooCommerce and the ability to take the system with us to trade shows is a huge plus.

Cons

WooCommerce integration and ability to replace Square is not 100%, but they are working on it. A telephone-based or offline processing option could be nice here where we are at. We have sketchy internet service at times.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Gabriel, thank you for your review on Capterra! We, unfortunately, are no longer supporting our WooCommerce integration. When it comes offline transactions, however, there is an option! We offer phone charge for merchants that are in areas that do not have great internet service. You just need to enable it on your user account.

You can read more here:

Laura M.

Signing up for Payjunction was so easy and our representative was very helpful.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

quick transactions, easy to use

Pros

Payjunction is very user friendly. Simply enter your information for the client along with the amount and you are done. I love that we can void transactions or edit transactions. Payjunction chip reader is so quick our clients are continually commenting about not having to wait! It is much quicker than our previous software. I like the internet connection which I believe helps with the speed of our transactions.

Cons

The only thing I like least is that when the power is out or internet is down we are unable to operate,,BUT...that's with any credit card processing.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Laura,

We're glad to hear that your customers are delighted by the Smart Terminal!

Additionally, our mobile app, which is in beta, will be usable in lieu of phone charge.

Kelsey G.

Great customer service with only 1 drawback

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

Ease of use, the website is very user friendly and detailed. Every new employee we had picked up on the process and directions very quickly

Cons

Inability to make PIN or debit purchases; runs transactions as credit only which results in higher costs for the company and customers are confused by it

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kelsey,

In the future, we will support the ability to process PIN-based debit transactions via the Smart Terminal. PIN-based debit allows businesses to process transactions for a flat fee, rather than an Interchange percentage rate. Please note, the vast majority of debit cards are regulated and the Interchange percentage rate to process those transactions is considerably less than the fee to process a credit card. Also, PIN entry is not required for debit cards unless the chip on the card requires a PIN entry. We do support PIN entry for EMV cards that require a PIN. In the future, we will see more banks require PIN entry for all EMV chip cards.

Kimberly D.

We run two companies using Pay Junction and we are very satisfied.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

We get our money fast and it is very easy to use and setup. Support is great and very easy to reach a real person. Outstanding customer service!

Cons

We really are satisfied with the software and if we could get a chip reader for less money that would be a real perk. Not willing to pay the going rate to protect ourselves as we are in a community and area that hasn't had to worry about fraud issues. I also would like a signer pad that did not have such a glare with light. It's probably something that can be updated, but I have never been asked or offered any updated equipment.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kimberly,

We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with your service to date! Unfortunately, this is the only signature pad that we offer at this time. If you're looking for discounted equipment, you can contact your sales point of contact to discuss your options.

Alex C.

Overall, a good experience

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

This software allows us to not do duplicate data entry, which save us time and avoids potential errors. The technology and Smart Terminal hardware has proved to be user friendly and more professional looking than a traditional terminal.

Pros

-Easy to switch
-Support throughout the setup phase was great
-Smart Terminals have a very professional look and feel. They elevate the client experience and give you the option for electronic receipts, saving paper
-Ability to electronically take checks via ACH

Cons

-Very seldom, but sometimes Smart Terminals freeze up having to start the entire process over after rebooting the terminal
-In our experience, we got set up with Credit, Debit, and Checks. After a month, our merchant statement was quite expensive compared to our previous merchant. Digitally processing our Checks was the culprit as the rate was pretty high. We now only do credit and debit and are happy with the cost.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Alex,

We're glad that the Smart Terminal has elevated your client experience as well as helped you avoid duplicate entry. Please call technical support at 800-601-0230 should your terminal issues continue. We'd love to see if we can help you find a long-term solution for that issue.

Jeanne W.

My applications tend to go quite smoothly. Customer Support is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and to correct errors if you make them. It holds the last numbers of cards you have processed previously so you don't have to type in the entire number for repeat customers. And, you can search by name as well as by number.

Cons

I don't like the automatic "send a signed receipt" button. I don't want all those emails coming back to me. I always click it off. This may be something our I.T. Dept could amend.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jeanne,

We're glad to hear that you've experienced a seamless experience using PayJunction. Feel free to ring into our support line should you want assistance with the "send a signed receipt" button.

If you don't like the automatic "send a signed receipt" button, you can simply call our support team at 800-601-0230 to have it turned off.

Jeanette R.

very easy to process charges, voids and refunds.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

I like the fact that you can pull up reports with ease. As well as all transaction history either from the daily reports or from the search button. Issuing refunds and voiding transactions are also very easy and I like that it sends the customer a copy of the receipt when issuing a refund.

Cons

I was told we can't issue a refund after a year unless we contact customer services. That is the only thing I do not like about the software.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jeanette,

We're glad that using PayJunction has been beneficial overall! We apologize for the inconvenience of having to call support, but this is a security precaution that we take any time a card hasn't been charged in over a year or has never been charged. Should you want more clarification, you can find it here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/210469308-What-Is-a-UC-Uncharged-Refund-Decline-Code-

We love helping customers just like you, so please give us a ring should you ever be in need.

Sean H.

PayJunction Review from an Application Dev

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Ultimately I really enjoyed using PayJunction but lack of certain functionalities caused it to just be obsolete for what we needed it for. It had fantastic customer service which is why we switched to it in the first place but ultimately switched away from it when we got fed up with losing data because there was no http callback.

Pros

The best part of the PayJunction Software is it's ease of use and wonderful technical support, I am a developer and when giving them a call I got immediately transferred to another developer so there was no language barrier or trying to deal with a rep that doesn't understand the technicalities of an issue.

Cons

The thing I don't like the most about the PayJunction software is that when I was using it, there was no way to have their server perform a post callback, meaning I had to send application data back to our system for tracking via, the clients browser in a custom receipt page. This was incredibly annoying and ultimately was the reason we switched away from the system because if the user closed the browser before the data was processed then it was lost.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your review of PayJunction. To address your concerns, we hope to deploy an improved solution for Hosted Payments that utilizes webhooks for responses (rather than browser-based response). We can update you when we have an ETA for this update.

6.0/10
Karen P.

Love the way this system works. We use the computer to activate the terminal for customer use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

We can access all previous transactions on the our computer terminal and it offers various ways to search for previous transactions(customer, amount, date, etc.). I was unsure about the paperless concept but now love it. The customer service dept has always been very helpful and easy to access.

Cons

The signature pad has on occasion acted up and signed for the customer while they are standing there.
Not sure about the pricing as we have other CC companies calling all the time to try to get us to switch and their quoted rates are often less in the cost plus scenario than our rate at Pay Junction. However, it is very rare that one can compare exactly because of multiple hidden fees and Pay Junction has very minimal extra fees so far.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Karen,

You're exactly right! There are over 19 unethical billing tactics we've identified in other merchant statements. We never charge these fees, which result in overall savings for our customers.

When the signature pad isn't working, you can call us at 800-601-0230 and our support team will recalibrate your signature pad.

William A.

Good.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

It's easy to use and look up past transactions.

Cons

There are cheaper rates for credit card transactions. We have received many companies to offer same business at a cheaper price. Would be interested if someone could contact us and match or beat the competitor's prices!

Response from PayJunction

Hi William,

We'll happily match rates with any competitors that provide a quote. If you receive a quote from a competitor, please forward the quote to us. We will crunch the numbers and will match rates if possible. In many cases, we actually find that the competitor will charge more with hidden fees and persuade you to switch with a lower per-transaction rate. If this is the case, we will provide a report that breaks down the quote and compares their pricing with your PayJunction account.

7.0/10
Rita F.

Pay Junction Customer Support is excellent

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Pretty easy to navigate. It usually is fast service for the patient and
they like that it does not make noise like in the markets.

Cons

Sometimes the machine gets uplugged. It is perched on a counter top
so it is easy for the patient to use. We have had techs from Pay Junction
help us to correct that.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Rita,

We're glad you made use of PayJunction's technical support team to resolve that issue.

The plug on the Smart Terminal needs to lock in to prevent it from slipping out and losing power. There's an adapter that can be used when Smart Terminal is laid flat on the counter. Information about this is detailed here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214938168-Smart-Terminal-Installation-and-Setup-VIDEO

Debbie T.

Rental Service Manager Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The most beneficial aspect of this system is the ability to make changes to the pricing if needed the same day. The few times I have called for assistance they are very efficient and prompt with solving my issue.

Pros

I'm able to force a transaction through when the address does not match.

Cons

When a customer chooses "no" to use the same credit card for the remaining balance but then decide the day of the function they want to use the same card I'm not able to process that card again for the transaction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. We'd like to know more about the issue you're experiencing to better assist you. Please call our support department at 800-601-0230 and we'll try to resolve the issue you've noted.

Melissa B.

Best Merchant Services Co that I have ever used.

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Super fast processing and great reporting.

Pros

Transactions are extremely fast, reporting is exceptional as is the customer service. I'm so glad I switched years ago, never looked back!

Cons

Sometimes the card machines will turn off and regenerate themselves, so we will enter the card manually.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Capterra. When the Smart Terminal reboots itself, it's likely because the power cable isn't locked into the Smart Terminal. There are grooves that need to fit into the cable, and it needs to be twisted 90 degrees. For a visual to help with set up, visit this support article: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214938168-Smart-Terminal-Installation-and-Setup-VIDEO

Kevin G.

My absolute favorite

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Using PayJunction has been the best overall experience of ANY prior processor used. Support is responsive and always friendly.

Pros

So easy to use and everything I would want is right there. Refunds are effortless. Researching transactions is fast and easy. Information I only hoped to get from other processors I have used is already provided on the website in an easy to retrieve form. The virtual online terminals are so easy to use and the signature capture is tracked. Love it !

Cons

I love everything about PayJunction software.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for the glowing review. We're happy to hear that you love our software!

Jen W.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

It simplifies running credit cards and E-checks. I have been really pleased with the whole experience.

Pros

What don't I like is more like it. This software makes running checks and credit cards so easy! Plus, I love how Pay Junction stores customers cards and information making it easy to run a card for recurring payments.

Cons

I really can't think of any Cons other than sometimes I have had one customer pay multiple times in a month and I have had to call Pay Junction for approval. Kind of a hassell if I am in a hurry but I can see the safety in it.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jen,

We're glad you've had a positive experience as a customer of ours!

If you need your limits adjusted, you can follow the steps outlined here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/211053798-How-do-I-increase-my-processing-limits-

Richard H.

Great product and customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/21

Pros

The ability to email receipts and look up past transactions. Flawless processing and great archiving.

Cons

No concerns other than lack of function if no internet. Don't like minimum monthly usage fees which don't show up on statments.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Richard,

We're glad you like our product!

During power outages we offer phone charge, which allows you to call a number and process a transaction when this occurs. You can learn more about phone charge here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/210469378-How-do-I-activate-my-Phone-Charge-account-

Jamie H.

Love how quick and easy it is to process credit cards.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

The ability to do payment plans with clients and no PCI compliance issues.

Pros

The ability to do payment plans with our clients and either debit a checking account or charge a credit card really helps us manage our accounts better. I also love not having slips with signatures.

Cons

I don't like that certain cards have the client have to call and approve for it for our type of business. I don't like the 3-5 days delay for debits to come back to us.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately, some card issuers do require a call to gain approval. Most often, we see a "Do Not Honor" or "Restricted SIC" declined response in these cases. Having said this, PayJunction does not approve or decline transactions. Instead, when a bank declines a transaction, we simply relay that response. If needed, the cardholder can call the bank to get more information regarding the decline. Many banks simply want to hear from the cardholder to confirm that the transaction is not fraudulent.

Janet R.

We have been using PayJunction since 2016 and find it very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Data is stored with patient details, making it faster to charge the card the next time you use it.

Pros

The recurring credit card function, as well as cancelling the transaction in the same day (before 7 pm).

Cons

When you use the "find" function, the site option does not default to the user, but rather where the card was last charged. This creates balancing issues between sites within the same company.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Janet,

Thank you for this feedback. When searching for a user, it's best to use the search field "user" to find those transactions. Or you can add new batches.

Maggie F.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

I like that it can be used from different computers and even on a mobile device if need be. I also like the ease of recharging accounts.

Cons

The monthly fees from the credit cards.. although this isn't the softwares fault. I guess I would like to see more reports on days and time of days we bring in the most money.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Maggie,

You're exactly right when it comes to credit card fees. We never charge fake fees, a common practice in the industry, and only charge the Interchange rate + a small 0.75% markup. We'll take note of that report request!

Cody A.

Wonderful addition to our flow of business...

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

We have been using it for quite a number of years and it has really helped our business. Would recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful credit card/check processing company! :)

Pros

Easy to use, helps collect payments without too much though, great customer service!

Cons

Limits on transactions and occasional confusing aspects of the software.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Cody, we appreciate your review and recommendation! If you are ever wondering whether a certain feature is available or if you cannot find something you need, feel free to call our support team at 800-601-0230.

Mahala W.

I am very pleased with the user friendly website and the very helpful customer service, very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

I like the ease of use with running cards and the user friendly website. It makes it a breeze to run transactions.

Cons

The only time we have had issues, was on registration days and the limit was exceeded. Thankfully, this was an easy fix by making a phone call to Payjunction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Mahala,

We're glad you called into our technical support line for assistance. To increase your limits, simply follow the instructions noted here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/211053798-How-do-I-increase-my-processing-limits-

Patti K.

Easy to use, easy to understand

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

Information is immediately at your fingertips. It is easy to check on previous transactions or to process a current transaction.

Cons

Systems logs you out with no activity in just a few minutes (it'd be nice to have the cut off time to be at least 10 min.)

Response from PayJunction

Hi Patti,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Capterra! This support article details how you can make adjustments to your session timeout speed: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214406768-How-do-I-update-my-session-timeouts-I-keep-getting-logged-out-

Nancy R.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/09/30

Last year due to Hurricane Irma, our terminal was fried. Representative in customer service was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We received a new terminal quickly and again he was extremely helpful in getting it set up.

Pros

PayJunction is easy to operate, user friendly, and reliable.

Cons

Not getting the authorization code for the transaction on the same screen but this could be due to the interface of our software with PayJunction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Nancy, we're glad we could provide you with support during Hurricane Irma. The issue you noted about authorization codes sounds like it's an issue with an integrated provider. Please try calling them to troubleshoot this and feel free to call us as well if you cannot work out a solution.