Everlance

Sara P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great for Getting Started

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I liked using it and it helped me to see the value and ease of tracking miles for tax deductions, but it ended up being a great software for starting out and not the one I chose for long term use.

Pros

I like that it runs in the background on my phone and easily tracks my mileage with little input from me. I like that after only two weeks, it easily interprets which trips are personal (my weekly trip to church) and which are probably work related. Very intuitive and easy to use!

Cons

It's difficult to go back and correct a mistake if I accidentally designate a personal trip as a work trip. Also, there are other programs with more features for the same or similar fees. Although, Everlance does redeem itself with a free option for those who might not be doing as much work travel as I do... like if you have 10ish trips a month.

Chris T.
  • Industry: Automotive

How mileage & expense reimbursements should always be

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

Simply put: Everlance provides an incredibly easy-to-use product that solves real-world problems. Having employees who often drive their personal vehicles for business reasons, Everlance makes mileage reimbursements a second thought instead of a dreaded task. From both an administrative & employee standpoint, Everlance saves us, on average, 3-4 hours of manual data entry work/calculations per WEEK!!

No more manual mileage calculations. No more questioning the validity of employees reimbursement requests. Having a dashboard that allows you to see all of your employees' mileage distance & activity not only helps the ease of submitting reimbursements, but is extremely beneficial on a strategic level as well. Thinking about the cost-benefit analysis of having employees drive their personal vehicles vs purchasing a company car, the data collection is presented in an easy to use format, expediting the decision making process.

Cons

That Everlance wasn't offered with a previous employer. Seriously.

The automated calculation of mileage reimbursement is such a no-brainer that there isn't a valid business reason to not offer to employees and payroll administrators.

Jeffrey H.

Great For Claiming Business Expenses

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Everlance has really been key for my income tax planning and claiming more money back. It's easy to lose a receipt or forget a business trip, etc. But now, I can quickly and easily log everything in one place lose the filing cabinet full of loose papers and receipts, and even add notes to each log to clearly identify the purpose and the type of expense for my accountant.

Pros

It was super easy to get into it. Little to no learning curve and fairly intuitive.

I love how you can set the travel tracker on automatic or fill in travel logs manually. this is great for someone who doesn't always travel for business and needs to split trips between personal and business for tax purposes.

There's also a complete list of expense categories which help to segment different expenses and even upload images of receipts to individual expense logs, which makes it easier for my accountant to claim the right and full amounts back for me at the end of the year.

And probably the best of all is you can have all the information sent to you via email in a detailed excel spreadsheet including the images for expense logs.

Cons

At first the automated travel logs were a pain because it was logging every trip I was making, but it was easily switched off, and I much prefer manually logging all my business-related trips.

Candice S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Wonderful for the Self Employed or Contractor

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

Pros

I love the fact it tracks the mileage you run for work related tax write offs.

Cons

I do not like the setup its confusing and im not sure what some of the features mean or what to do with them.

Adam N.

Excellent mileage and expense tracking system for my team

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

I save time and headaches; I can track miles and not worry about this process and help empower my staff. They don't need to worry and can focus on their job while we outsource our tracking pain to Everlance, which makes it easy, flexible, and profoundly simple to solve this business need.

Pros

Super easy to deploy and use, powerful yet elegant, I rely on it with full confidence that all of my miles and trips will be recorded.

Cons

I would love to see real time asset tracking for my staff, which is not currently supported. This would help give me new business insights.

Treda F.

Everlance has been an amazing concept, but still working out how to make it seamless for my...

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

It has a nice interface and plenty of useful features. I love what it is capable of. It tracks mileage so I can pay out mileage checks and I know its accurate. There are no papers to keep track of!

Cons

It has not been functioning correctly for all my employees. It seems some devices there are still some bugs to work out. Also, the data export has been confusing for my team.

Sheri H.

Perfect Solution for Our Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

I can handle payroll each week, which includes mileage reimbursement, without having to track down individual mileage reports from each employee. I can access them all through the Everlance dashboard.

Pros

This is a product that tracks and allows me to access Mileage/Expense Reports for multiple employees. We are a small company and found that similar app providers would not allow us to establish a group account since we only had five people to track. Everlance was happy to help. We no longer have to require the individual employees to turn in a report each week.

Cons

There were a few 'bugs' to work out when we first started. At the time the app was still being developed. Those those have been cleared up.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy mileage tracking done right!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Everlance is easy and a great solution for tracking mileage! It is basically automatic and take all the headache out of mileage tracking.

Cons

I love it all! I honestly have no complaints!

Michael T.

Totally worth it

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Definitely useful if keeping track of mileage is priority.

Pros

It makes keeping track of my business mileage so easy.

Cons

I dislike Absolutely nothing about this app.

Erika marie S.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Other for Free Trial

everlance app

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

i really did not use it for my routine. JUST FOR TRIAL.

Pros

i like to track my road mileage and usage example: biking, walking, running
and also the maps and the track.

Cons

it speeds up my track mileage. plus the premium member is extra spend. using it makes you want more but limited to.

Parker S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great if you drive for work

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

this has helped me save lots on taxes with a mileage log that i can reference

Cons

sometimes makes it difficult to find things within the app

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Top Notch Mileage Tracker

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

I am an independent contractor and driving constantly is the main part of my job. Come tax time, I will need to be able to present organized documentation of all my tax write-offs, and Everlance will make sure it goes smoothly. This is truly helpful and makes working less stressful for me.

Pros

I found Everlance, and am blown away by how easy it is to use. The app automatically tracks my miles and destinations in one place. It calculates my total miles and shows me my taxable income as I go along. When I am ready to file taxes, Everlance creates a report for me with all the data I need to present to my tax preparer.

Cons

I have been using this app for a long while now, and I still have yet to find something I dislike about it. It is wonderful!

Elizabeth B.

Great mileage tracking app!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

With the free version, I have to spend some extra time manually entering my trips. But it is worth it! The app is easy to use so it doesn't take me long to enter the trips for the week.

Pros

I love that I can add the trips in manually. I use only the free version, but I only go on a few trips a week, so it is worth it! The reminder emails are a great tool as well.
It is wonderful that I can save some favorite locations! That saves me SO much time!

Cons

The paid version is much more expensive than the Quickbooks version, so if I ever decided to pay for it, I would probably get the Quickbooks mileage app.

Christian P.

Everlance is a wonderful, quick and affordable way to track expenses and mileage

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

As a CFO of a company with more than 20 active sales reps, having a reliable system to track mileage and expenses that is both easy to use and integrate, is key to the success of my business. Fortunately, Everlance has done all of that and more since we began using it over a year ago, while also being very nice on our start-up pocketbook.

Cons

I wish all expenses and mileage could be displayed instantly on my adminstrator's dashboard without having to create and download a report (sometimes I just want to look for an individual expense).

Arwa N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product for freelancers

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Overall, I am satisfied with this product. Keeps an accurate record of all my business expenses.

Pros

I love the mileage tracking feature. Its so accurate and efortless. I jsut turn the app on and it tracks my distance and miles and then i can classify it to keep accurate track of mileage. It also prints out the reports. Its easy to use adn I can add the expenses as they occur and not have them pile up. Makes tax time a breeze

Cons

I feel like the classifying of expenses is a little bit confusing. I also wish it synced with some of the other apps it supports such as door dash - automatically entering the revenue etc.

Sarah F.

Great for Independent Contractor

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

So far, it is working great for me to track my miles for my business.

Pros

I use this to track my milage for work since I am an independent contractor. The swipe settings make is simple to classify drives as personal or as business. It keeps track of my drives even when I forget to open the app.

Cons

Sometimes when I am going to a run or a long walk with my dog the app thinks that I am driving. It wants me to classify my drive. It is simple to just swipe and dismiss the trip.

Chrissie S.

We have had a mostly positive experience with Everlance.

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Mileage Tracking

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to run reports on a company platform and not having to rely on employees to supply reports.

Cons

Accuracy is a problem sometimes. We have had issues with certain Android tablets not auto populating. It drains the device battery of the device. I would like to be able to run a team report in the format of my choice. It takes a long time to run reports and formulate the excel documents for each person.

Vladimir O.
  • Industry: Design

Everlance

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

Good, it helps me a lot tracking my work miles.

Pros

You can track your miles, work expenses, personal expenses in one place automatically. One of the best things is that you can actually generate a report and share it with your accountant.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes the transactions get duplicated and that the trips are not track individually. I doesn't classify each trip but instead puts all the trips together.

Michael L.

Everlance is Great Tool for Keeping Mileage

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

This app was a great find for me. I am needing to keep mileage records for my business and Everlance is the absolute best app I have found. It notifies me at the end of trips that it needs to be marked as personal or business. It is very easy to add categories for your travel as well.

Cons

There actually isn't any con that I have encountered in the time that I have been using the app.

T G.

Zero stars!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT use this app. I'm finding out the hard way that it loses trips and data (I know this conclusively because they show up in my Google Maps time line, but NOT in Everlance).

The user interface makes extracting your data at tax time nearly impossible.

Save yourself the trouble!

Find another solution!

Pros

That would only be theoretical.

In other words, nothing!

Cons

The user interface makes extracting your data at tax time nearly impossible.

Limited and outpaced by other great apps

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Everlance is attractive and useful, but there are other apps out there doing more and doing it better. I couldn't justify keeping this one around.

Pros

I initially downloaded this app to track miles for my service-based business that has me running all over the city, but I quickly hit the limit for trips that Everlance will track before it asks you to purchase a subscription. I ultimately decided to switch to another app with more features for a similar price.

Cons

The limit for trips you can take before being asked to purchase is very low, and the perks/features that are unlocked with purchase were not enough to keep me interested. This app ended up taking up too much space and time!

Maemie D.

You Could Do This In Your Sleep

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Fantastic!

Pros

The automatic mileage tracking is accurate and easy to use!

Cons

I have never had an issue with this app!

Tyler D.

Kind of lack luster and not as useful as needed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

It's a good way to keep track of trips you take in your car for anything. It works really well and that's great.

Cons

It doesn't keep track of actual car mileage, that still needs to be managed separately. It would be great if it could keep track of car mileage. It also seems to send the same emails 4 or 5 times.

Adam S.

Best and easiest to use mileage app out there.

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

Everlance provides everything you need for tracking your mileage basically automatically wherever you go on the job. It has a simple interface, its easy to use, runs reports when you need them, prepares everything properly for tax purposes, and requires less attention than any mileage app I have used before.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to recategorize several trips at once. going one by one is time-consuming. It would also be nice if it had the capability to memorize more destinations, and then bring up all trips involving that destination when you we're making an entry that way it would be easy to categorize or recategorize trips to and from that destination, and/or to change things for all trips that involved that destination.

Response from Everlance

Hi Adam

Thank you so much for the kind review!

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed a way to categorize multiple trips: https://help.everlance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000397872-Classify-Multiple-Trips-at-Once.

We are also working on organizing trip data by location and would love beta testers. Please write to us at [email protected] as we would love to include you.

Thank you!

David L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Used to Use Notebook but switched to digital mileage log

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

I find I keep track of more work trips with this. I used to have a pen and paper in the glove box of each vehicle for years. I finally switched over to a digital one and have found I keep track of more of my business business trips. I use the free version so it doesn't auto detect but I manually have to start the trip. I won't be going back to paper logs.

Cons

I wish I could manually enter a trip without having to put a beginning and end address in. I wish I could just enter the miles and not the addresses.

If I go to an apartment to do some work I typically don't stop the tracker until I get home. But if I'm there a while sometimes it cancels my mileage and I have to add it manually which can be a pain to add my round trip and the different stops to pick up parts on the way.