Cornerstone Performance Reviews

Performance management & benchmarking software

4.1/5 (32 reviews)

Versatile Performance Management System, But Not Intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Overall, it meets our fairly complicated needs for performance management, but I wouldn't make the decision to go with Cornerstone if I could do it all over again.

Pros

This system is highly customizable - pretty much any type of performance process can be plugged into this product. The system comes with several ideal features out of the box, such as inappropriate word filters (the bane of HR's existence when managers complete reviews), simple and complex individual or team goal structures, and a simple, easy to use interface for employees.

Cons

Because this system is so customizable, plan on spending at least 3-6 months configuring the system for use. Even after 3 years of using this system, we still regularly find things that need to be set up differently or that we didn't even know existed. Additionally, the performance tasks are rigid once deployed. For example, you cannot change the verbiage in a notification email once the performance task is deployed, so if you want to word something differently or made a mistake when setting it up - you're stuck with it until you either delete the task (and roll out a new one), or until the task period expires.

5.0/10
Asfand J.

JUDGING PERFORMANCE AND BEHAVIOR

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Employees can have a look at the performance feedback through 360-degree feedback from numerous sources as being fair and reliable – and are most probable to change their behaviors and increase their performance if they got the idea about the feedback coming from various sources. Apart from being subjective, it assists the employees in growing and developing by increasing the real-time input from the individuals that work near to them. This software also helps the managers to get a productive understanding of the employees’ performance and supports the remote workers.

Pros

360-Degree Feedback Software is best for the identification of behavior gaps and performance. When I use this software, it gives me a clear picture of how performance and behavior are interlinked in the workplace. It expands my range of information through the recording of all the relevant information among different evaluations. When properly implemented and designed, I use this software to encourages multidirectional and personalized responses that provide an overview of the behavior of employees. It is also involved in my agreement upon expectations.

Cons

Once the questions of 360 survey are poorly implemented and designed, the received feedback was of no use for me. The questionnaires answered with the negative queries that inquire what an employee should be or does not do, doing both do not encourage the honest feedback and make the subject feel defensive when they are reviewing the answers. If I include impersonal questions that are inquiring the behavior in general terms as compared to the specific ones, it results in producing unhelpful results. Designing of a 360 feedback process is a time consuming and lengthy process for me, but the implementation is also a daunting task

Heather R.

Great Talent Management System

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

Cornerstone is the best and most comprehensive solution that I have seen for talent management. I have used the LMS, Performance, Succession, Connect and Extended Enterprise modules. CSOD continues to make enhancements to their product, especially with Learning, Connect and Performance, but where they are lacking is in enhancements to their mobile app and to their Succession module. While I do find great value in reaching out to their Global Product Support team, it will sometimes take days and even weeks before you get a response from them on a case. The communication to the customer is lacking there.
Additionally, I find that some of the modules, such as Performance and Succession, can be really complex and require a lot of testing and trial and error to get things right. It does help that you are given two test environments (Stage and Pilot) to test things in. The quarterly releases have also gotten better over time, with many resources that can be used throughout User Acceptance Testing and the rest of the release cycle.
Change is not always handled seamlessly for the customer, as we have experienced major delays when our Account Manager was on leave and also our Client Success Manager was out on leave. The people who filled in for them seemed overwhelmed and as a result there was a lack of communication.
The 360 Degree performance review functionality can be great if you make the initial time investment to set it up. The one thing that Cornerstone does not provide with their 360 functionality is benchmarking with other companies, which our HR decided they wanted to do and therefore went with a different vendor for 360 reviews.
Overall, Cornerstone is a great encompassing talent management system and I have not encountered another company that comes close to what they offer.

Chelsea R.

Great Performance Management tool

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

Cornerstone Performance Cloud offers a robust, and very customizable tool to help manage your employees' performance. With tools to set and align Goals to organizational values, development plans that allow users to pull in recommended training based on their competency assessments or career interests, and observation checklists to certify skills and qualifications, the Performance cloud helps our organization better understand and assess the talent that we have so that we can engage and empower them to develop personally and professionally.

We were able to totally makeover our performance processes now including goal setting, and development planning as part of quarterly "check-ins" (mini performance reviews) which ensure that problem areas are addressed in a timely manner and there are no surprises during the Annual Review. 360 Reviews allow us to collect feedback from co-workers and external partners to ensure the quality of services our staff provide.

Initial testing and configuration can take a little time, but is well worth it. Annual Reivews are no longer just a pile of paperwork for our HR department, but the feedback is relevant and actionable. Cornerstone Product Support is knowledgeable and timely in their response. I love that Cornerstone really listens to their clients. Suggestions and feedback made to Cornerstone are actually reviewed and often implemented. Their product is always growing and improving.

Casey C.

Getting better with time

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

Our experience with Cornerstone has been rough to say the least. From our initial sales meetings and implementation there have been things that have just not gone as promoted. As a regulated medical device manufacturing company we have very specific expectations out of our LMS and Cornerstone claimed to be able to support those expectations and has fallen short in some areas. That being said, they have improved over the years and are much better with being transparent with us then in the past. We struggle with using a cloud based LMS for two reasons. One because our requested enhancements are usually denied or go into the black hole of a system that uses votes from other clients to assess other clients interests. As I mentioned we have very specific needs which aren't likely to receive a large number of votes. And second, when changes are pushed to our portal automatically we then have to retrain our global admins and users. It sometimes feels like you have to ask the same questions over and over to receive help. On the pro side I'd say the user interface is a big pro. The users seem to like the look and feel of cornerstone much better than our previous LMS. If we had to do it all over again would we cornerstone in the first place, maybe not, but as I mentioned previously there has been some improvement over the years and we will continue to voice our requests until it exceeds our requirements.

Sulakshana (.

Can be improved!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Easy and customizable a s a SaaS product should be
Integrates without any issues with other systems
Robust real time reporting
Customized access and collaboration tools

Cons

Customer Service needs to improve a lot if they want to grow. Hard to get someone to call you back or answer to the ticket. Not vey user friendly from administrator perspective

Abbey D.

Cornerstone Performance is Best in Class!

Reviewed on 2015/11/06

I personally have had a great experience with Cornerstone, from both a end user perspective and also from a system administrator perspective. Currently, we use the Core, Learning, Performance and Succession modules and each has impacted our workforce and internal workflow processes in their own ways. The thing I love about Cornerstone most is that their releases are filled with extremely relevant and useful upgrades. Other technologies that we use will upgrade their product just as regularly but there will be very little that we would actually consider implementing. Cornerstone listens to their user base and structures their releases in a way to meet the needs of the most request items. They are also very good about the overall user interface to ensure the technology is engaging for users. Cornerstone Support has always provided great direction from major configuration questions to best practice recommendations. When you submit a Care Ticket you typically get a response back within 24 hours and the feedback that is given is clear and concise. The only con really is that it is hard for us to keep up with all the upgrades that are made, but that is a problem that I am willing to have if it means the product is getting better and better!

Nelson K.

Solid system to support Performance Management

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

I have configured Cornerstone for 2 years in my organisation and in these 2 years, our Performance Management strategy has continued to change every 6 months. The system has been sufficiently flexible to support the majority of these changes. Furthermore, the last few releases have seen a brilliant user interface redesign which our end-users have responded well to. You can have an amazing product that delivers from a functional standpoint, but if end users experience terrible UI and UX design in the system, then you are better off going back to pen and paper performance reviews. Thankfully, Cornerstone woke up and the last few releases saw a welcome improvement to UI and UX. Simple, clean and modern.

Something to be wary of is the quarterly releases. I have seen great functionality released but have also experienced issues with the new functionality and existing functionality during regression testing, that seems to be the result of bad QA prior to deployment. This has previously caused great frustration for us. That being said, whenever the issue is escalated to our Client Success Manager, it would receive the appropriate attention by the engineers until its resolution.

Jennifer C.

A great training application!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Cornerstone is not only easy to use, but I can track my progress of courses I have taken. The possibilities are endless to allow me to continue to grow.

Cons

At times it can be challenging to find a specific course if you do not type the name in exactly as it is titled.

Solid performance evaluation tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We use it for performance evaluations for the whole company. It's a great step up from where we were before, but there is still room for improvement.

Pros

The software has a very flexible structure - it's possible to represent even the most complex hierarchies and can handle multiple locations. The evaluation process is straightforward and very adaptable according to your needs. It's got a workflow approach to performance evaluations - once you configure your schedule, it automatically sends out notifications and reminders to employees and supervisors alike. There is also a nice universal profile feature that allows you to see who everyone is, where they work and who they report to.

Cons

The system is kind of slow. I also find that it could have a more question based approach to evaluations, helping us determine our rating instead of just asking us what it is. It's kind of tricky to see past evaluation comments during the year and I have yet to find how to view my past evaluations.

4.0/10
Melissa F.

Cornerstone Performance Performs!

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

Cornerstone Performance has seemingly unlimited options when you're building your company's performance process. However, this can also be a problem since in some cases you're forced to have more "bells and whistles" than you want on some steps, and that can be confusing to folks that are new to a structured performance process. From an administrator perspective it is so much easier to use than other platforms, and the Product Support team is AMAZING. They are always just a phone call away and they are friendly and helpful. The Cornerstone implementation partners are wonderful as well, and they really hold your hand through every step of configuring the module. Calibration is the one area that this module is lacking, if you like to do performance calibration. It is a simple report, whereas i'm accustomed to a more dynamic and in-depth system calibration on performance scores. Overall though, i'm very pleased with the product.

Jennifer G.

Performance Appraisal Process is a Breeze in Conerstone

Reviewed on 2015/11/06

We implemented the Performance cloud at my previous company and used it for annual performance appraisals for 2014 reviews. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive for the system. Employees found the review process to be quick and easy. They enjoyed being able to import their goals created earlier in the year into the review for a faster process. For an organization that was sometimes hesitant to change, they jumped on board with the Performance platform in Cornerstone and were very impressed with what they saw.

We also created competency models in the Performance cloud, and managers greatly appreciated this functionality as well. You are able to take a competency model, use it to assess and employee, have them self-reflect, and then have a coaching conversation around the assessment. You can also tie development plans to the assessment and keep record of it in Cornerstone.

Highly recommend this cloud!

Great for managing performance and goals

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Pros

Cornerstone is a great system for managing our team members' performance reviews and goals. We've been able to customize our quarterly goal check-in process and streamline performance management.

Cons

It can be difficult to customize things and can take a long time working with the vendor. Proxy sometimes won't work properly.

Giulia M.

Taking Performance Management to a New Level

Reviewed on 2015/11/16

We just switched to using Cornerstone for our performance management system and absolutely love it. It is clean, user friendly and administrator friendly. The system aligns with our talent management strategy and allows organizations to bring in competency assessments and development plans into the review. The goal functionality allows you to align goals all the way up to the top of the organization. We have already used the system to deploy our annual performance review and I have heard nothing but positive feedback from our employees. Additionally, working with Cornerstone is like working with a true partner. My implementation specialist has been like an extension of my HR team and has been extremely helpful. I could not be more thankful to Cornerstone for opening our eyes to what a true performance management system can and should do.

Mike K.

Cornerstone

Reviewed on 2015/11/16

As a system, Cornerstone can do many things and is absolutely one of the premier Learning Management System's out there. The one big issue I have is with the support structure and how they handle incidents with their clients. Once a ticket is raised with global product support it seems like it goes in a black hole and for the most part you have to rely on your CSM for updates to tickets and to get any traction on getting the issue resolved. Another problem I have is with the Client Success Center and "Suggestion City" I cant even begin to tell you how many suggestions we have made only to just sit out there in suggestion city with no actions taken. It would be helpful if they showed a direct correlation between changes in releases to requests made by clients.

Basic feedback forms/performance management for teams

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Not many that I can think of, but it gets the job done for employee feedback.

Pros

I have not configured this software, but my company uses this for 360 degree feedback during performance reviews bi-annually. From a user standpoint, it's basic & simple, and my interactions with it consist of writing in form fields & selecting a single option from a range of answers for questions (i.e. on a scale of 1-10 how much does this employee represent our values?). It's to-the-point and doesn't try to be fancy.

Cons

The interface feels a bit outdated, and the 'save and exit' versus 'save and submit' feature has caused confusion with some people, causing them to lose a lot of what they'd already written but not saved or submitted.

7.0/10
Brittany B.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

I have implemented both Successfactors Performance Modules and Cornerstone Performance Modules. Overall, I would say that Successfactors has far more capability in this space, however, that is not always necessarily a good thing. If you have a fairly simple performance process (a form with some goals that need comments and ratings, and go back and forth between manager and employee) then you can get this from Cornerstone for a smaller price-tag.

I find CSOD really easy to initially set up and configure including loading of people and organization data, customizing the platform to your company colors, etc. It is also simple to manage from an administrator perspective. It is also simple to use from an employee's perspective.

Bert S.

Performance Cloud

Reviewed on 2015/11/05

Getting user adoption is something very important in getting traffic and completion of the performance cloud.

Configuration is very important in getting successful launching of Performance tasks. If your communication across your org is a done well you'll get great feedback from using this module.

Pros:
-great tutorials and courses to learn from in CSOD Success Center
-easy to get help via GPS with tasks and competencies
-fantastic look of performance reviews
-easy step by step process for users

Cons:
-if user documents are not created tasks can be hard to deploy
-setup ease very crucial to success
-too many clicks for performance tasks
-implementation is lengthy (but very important, don't rush)

Justin E.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Highly recommended Cornerstone Performance

Pros

It is an interactive software where the employee can share his input for the evaluation & progress of himself , also it is helpful for having ongoing feedback so that the employee can keep developing & working on himself all over the way.

Gary F.

Modernized our organization

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

We implemented Cornerstone nearly 4 years ago starting with the LMS. That made for a much easier transition into Performance Management. Cornerstone enabled our organization to standardize and automate many of our employee engagement and performance reviews processes essentially overnight. Previously all of our processes were either on paper or tracked via spreadsheets that were not very well managed. It also integrated our LMS with our Performance Management Process. Looking forward to Succession Planning in 2016.

Nic H.

Performance Review

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

Pros:
The Performance Review functionality provides our organization with an excellent platform to rate the performance of our employees within a cloud based system. Until recently, performance reviews have been a paper process and not easily accessible for succession purposes. The Cornerstone performance platform allows for a good end-user experience and data-rich result.

Cons:
The back-end settings can be daunting, at times. Warning pop-up windows would be very welcome.

Kyle F.

Good 360 Tool Embedded with Core Product

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We use Cornerstone for our 360 process for our Leadership Development Programs. We transitioned from using surveymonkey to Cornerstone when our population grew. Best decision! A bit burdensome to setup (learning curve for admin), but the system works very well, and the reports are exactly what we needed. As always, the customer services support from Cornerstone is exceptional and certainly steered us down the right path.

Christopher M.

Makes Performace Reviews Easy

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

The company I work for uses Cornerstone Performance for our quarterly reviews. They have been so much easy in the last couple of years since the company implemented this software.

Cons

I don't like how often you have to change passwords but that's a minor inconvenience really.

Regina P.

Great for end users

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

I manage the performance module for our organization. This product is great for ease of use for end users. We use the star-rating system and our end users love it. From an administrator's standpoint, it can be a little cumbersome to build review tasks at first, but once you have a task the way you like it, it is very simple to simply copy and paste for the next term.

basic performance management solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

not very satisfactory.

Pros

simple UI
real-time reporting
360º review option is good as it will even help peers to review each other.

Cons

It needs serious improvement in navigation, performance and functionalities.
data migration is a big headache.
below average customer support