Uplisting

Short-term rental software to help you scale

Rahul
Rahul

Uplisting is the next big thing in the STR PMS space!

Reviewed on 2023/06/25

Have absolutely loved it

Have absolutely loved it

Pros

Great customer support, intuitive UI, love iot!

Cons

The software is comparatively new, but they are growing so well! They'll leave the comp far behind

OwnerRez, Guesty and Hospitable.com

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting

Great price, great product!
Emily

Fantastic, easy to use channel manager

Reviewed on 2023/05/18

My overall experience with Uplisting has been great and has relieved a lot of stress I had with our previous provider.

Pros

Uplisting is easy to use, does what it is supposed to, was easy to set up and the chat function always provides the answers to any questions you have.

Cons

I had a couple of issues with Uplisting not being linked with booking.com properly to begin with and I didn't realise for a few weeks but this has now been rectified once I raised the issue with them.

Justin

Nickel and Dime You Software

Reviewed on 2023/12/24

Loved at first but its best for my business to find a better solution. Better reporting, built in accounting, built in CRM, actually nice direct booking website, and other solutions.

Pros

Initially they were a great company and great product. Text message capabilities and pricing.

Cons

Took them years to develop needed updates to their software including a working app to even see your calendar. They still to this day have a very limited functional application. Expect to use a computer for everything you do on Uplisting.

Pricing - So they keep coming up with new features but even for those who have been with uplisting since the beginning, they want to nickel and dime you for what they consider an "upgrade" which compared to other providers is just standard offerings. For example: They charge you $1.25 PER reservation for their security check, $7.00 per a property for security deposit collection, $10 per a month for advanced reporting for owners (owners dashboard) which all other providers have standard, along with other nickel and dime upgrades, and their latest smart lock integration for $10 per a lock, per month (airbnb will be offering this option free in the near future).

Just a heads up which is very important. They ONLY payment provider they use for direct bookings is STRIPE. They refuse to connect to any other providers due to large kickbacks. Stripe does not allow for free cancellations for guests so this is something you can't offer to your guests when booking direct.

When you compare this to other providers, it's better to pick the bigger providers as they offer built in accounting, detailed owners' dashboard, professional website direct booking website builder/website.

I have tried to reach out to uplisting to help but they are now at a point of not really caring about the customers and we are more considered as a number instead of when I initially signed up.

Response from Uplisting

Sorry to hear this, Justin. Property managers work in so many different ways that we think it's best to provide a base package and offer additional features to those who need them. This way, we can keep our base subscription price very competitive.

We do not get any kickbacks from Stripe and will be adding additional payment processors. We provide the security check feature (powered by Stripe) at cost (or below cost for some older customers). You check the Stripe identity price for yourself: https://stripe.com/pricing). The Smart Lock package is $6 per lock.

Kayloni

UPLISTING is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

I researched dozens of property management systems in depth and UPLISTING had all the features that were important to me. They offer a small business discount if you have less than 3 properties to manage making them affordable. The customer service is A+. I have been very happy with my experience and recommend this software to others operating vacation rentals.

Cons

I cannot think of a con. Other than VRBO being a pain when you use a PMS, but that is not the fault of UPLISTING.

Response from Uplisting

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time!

Nikola
  • Industry: Hospitality

Makes my life so much easier

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Fantastic experience so far. Of course you need to get used to a new software and stumble across some problems during that process. However, the support was always there when a question came up.

Pros

- Fantastic features involving Zapier for automatic workflows - this was one of the main reasons I decided to go with Uplisting, though I haven't tried it out yet.
- Affordability
- Easy to use and navigate without causing too much confusion because of functionality overload
- Great support

Cons

- Unfortunately they do not feature their own booking engine yet. This is bitter as most other tools have it. But it is in their pipeline, so this is just a temporary disadvantage.

Laura
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Product, Great Value!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

This software has the features I use on a daily basis, at a very reasonable price. It is very user friendly and isn't crammed with a bunch of extra features I won't use.

Pros

Uplisting is very easy to use. The calendar is easy to read, and the unified inbox makes handling guest communications easier.

Cons

I would like to see the daily room rates in the calendar. I would also like the unified inbox to send me notifications when I get a new message.

Sophie

Great Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Very good - easy to onboard and has helped to offer our guests a seamless experience. The support team responds promptly.
Would recommend.

Pros

Integrates with almost all of the big platforms and pricing engines.
Great automated customer email system.
Easy to update pricing and add different pricing to different platforms.
Includes deposit protection (pre-authorisation) with Stripe so don't have to manage damage deposits any more. Can ask guests for ID verification - also very helpful.

Cons

Only gripe - Managing payments and booking deposits for direct bookings (bookings outside of the main platforms) is their only weak point.
Haven't had as many direct bookings through their web platform/portal as would have hoped.
Phone app could be more user-friendly.

Roderick
Roderick

Affordable, reliable, and improving

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Overall, we've had a very positive experience with Uplisting. I would highly recommend them to people in the industry. Although there are perhaps other alternative software providers that are better integrated with other platforms, these alternative are often out of the budget of many clients. The system is also improving bi-weekly on average and the customer support is second to none.

Pros

() Cheaper than similar competitors
() Easy to use
() Multi-user software
() Great Customer support
() Fantastic integrations with external programmes - (we're currently using Airbnb, booking.com and Zapier. We're also hoping to take advantage of their integrations with Tripadvisor and Home & Away once the time is right)
() Pricing can be manage easily
() Continuous improvements with estimated delivery of these improvements

Cons

() Not fully integrated (messaging) with booking.com yet (although this should be coming through soon we hear) and this may also be the case with other platforms, such as tripadvisor and home & away (I've yet to try the two)
() Sometimes slow to deliver upon improvements despite initial planning

Ryan

Large BANG for the money

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

Overall it has been very good. Thankfully it is easy to use because Customer Service is a bit lacking.

Pros

Managing all my channels in place is beyond helpful.

Cons

Customer service is lacking. Can take up to an hour to get an answer via chat. Most times the answer they give is either a link to a page I have already read or so vague is of little value.

Nancy

Great company!

Reviewed on 2023/08/30

Quick customer service

Quick customer service

Pros

Platform /calendar integrationSo easyCommunication with uplisting staff is wonderful

Cons

I can’t think of anything they need to improve

Julie

Reviewed on 2022/06/07

Great team that is responsive to needs and concerns.

Great team that is responsive to needs and concerns.

Pros

Software makes managing our 7 properties a breeze. Best one we found so far.

Cons

The mobile app is too basic and we cannot use for high level tasks.

Guesty For Hosts

Lodgify
Peter
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good-Bye Double Bookings (Thank God)

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

From Vincent to the (ever increasing) support team .... I have been very pleased. The pricing is fair. The product lives up to what was promised and to top it off ... Uplisting is not sitting on their behinds and resting on what they have done. Rather updates with new features, new bells and whistles are coming in like a constant stream. A true commitment to moving forward as suggestions and recommendations from users are listened to, analysed and often (very often) implemented. Now that's a forward facing company.

Pros

The number "1" feature for us is that if a client books one of our units, Uplisting immediately blocks the dates on all platforms. We used to (occasionally when doing this manually) end up having another party book the same days and than the trouble of cancelling one party over the other ....
Second item that we love; the calendar updates. One area, one entry and ALL platforms are updated. It would take a whole day to go from platform to platform and do this manually.
These two items alone, make Uplisting indispensable to us.

Cons

I wish I could have everything I have on my laptop mirrored on my iPhone. But .... is that a CON? Not really.

David
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Uplisting in Belize

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Pros

Uplisting is an excellent software service that has allowed us to streamline our services for guests and for us the admin.

Previously, we had many different logins for the variety of units that we manage and we are happy at the efficency that uplisting provides to us. We are looking forward to the new features coming online and how this will assist us going forward.

Cons

The only con I would say that exist is the complicated set up with HomeAway services. This really isn't Uplistings doing but instead HomeAway as they have consistantly fallen behind their competitors in ease of use in everyway.

We do hope that Uplisting and others share this feedback with HomeAway so they understand the frustrations their users face and make the needed changes to modernise their platform.

The only other con is being worked on as we speak which is a mobile app for iOS and Android.

Hostify, Guesty and Lodgify
Steven

Uplisting Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Customer Service was hit or miss.

Customer Service was hit or miss.

Pros

The value of the product is great for anyone with 10 or less units.

Cons

The lack of growth and features needed to grow our property management company wasn't there, forcing us to seek another company.

Response from Uplisting

Ah, this is our first semi-negative review!

To cover a couple of the points raised:

- Most of our members are in the 20 to 50 listing range, however, we have many with smaller numbers and many with to 200+.

- Lack of growth and features

We are one of the most active platforms in the market - in terms of feature releases. We release features almost every other week.

Recent features include a powerful direct booking engine (already processing $300k worth of bookings monthly!), mobile app, guest payment plans, guest identify verification (very few platforms, if any, offer this natively and included in our price), custom tags for automated messages, and automated reviews.

Ateeq
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Exceptional Channel Management system

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

I really enjoy the system and the customer support is excellent

I really enjoy the system and the customer support is excellent

Pros

Uplisting is a terrific management system. Has all the features you would expect and continual improvement behind the scenes continues providing users with updates . Pricing is extremely competitive

Cons

To move to say a month or 6 forward you need to click on a button repetitively - a scroll bar would be better as Kigo had

Response from Uplisting

Thanks for taking the time to review, Ateeq. Much appreciated.

We've made a number of upgrades to the calendar recently, and more to come.

Sandrine

Best software and best team!

Reviewed on 2019/11/24

Pros

Absolutely everything! Price, no hidden fees, easy, handy, perfect!

Cons

The fact that there is no actual mobile app.

Smoobu and Guesty

Response from Uplisting

Thanks for your review Sandrine! We really appreciate you taking the time.

Brooke

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/31

Uplisting has been wonderful and quickly responds to any of our problems and or questions.

Pros

My husband and I decided to use this software to manage our multiple short term rental homes. Uplisting has made it easy to integrate all of our platforms into one place. Uplisting also integrates with our housekeeping software. It's wonderful to manage everything in one place.

Cons

There have been some syncing issues with pricing from time to time. The Uplisting team has been quick to help here however. I do wish there were some alternate calendar views so you could quickly look at months per a certain home, like you can on Airbnb.

Christine
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Uplisting wins on Channel Management for my Holiday Rental Business

Reviewed on 2023/01/26

Started with Uplisting 3 years ago after investigating several channel managers, it was the only one that suited our small business

Pros

Ability to see my whole business in one screen

Cons

Informs me daily about bookings but not cancellation. Daily booking report includes date but not the year.

Rachel
  • Industry: Hospitality

I love the customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Pros

I love the customer service! One of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] becomes a friend now since i ask him so many questions!!! I love this kind of company since they really treat you seriously and listen to your advice. Of course, i believe the users like us will really give them good advice so the software can attract more potential users. We used to spend $$$ to purchase another big big "boy " in the industry, spent almost a year to do the training, it turns out to be a disaster for small company like us. Found uplisting, spent several hours and you know how to use it basically! It feels like day and night.

Cons

I think uplisting is still young, there some some functions are not available yet. But i love that when we provide the advice, the company listens and they improve all the time!

Response from Uplisting

Thanks so much for you review Rachel! We genuinely love working with people like you and your team.

Paul

What I have been looking for

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Pros

Since transferring over from my previous PMS, I have found uplisting to do everything I need and help me in tasks that I struggled with before the automation tools that this p[roduct provides

Cons

To date I have not encountered any issues with the software, any questions I have had on functionality have been answered swiftly by their excellent support team

Ryan

Awesome Piece Of Kit!!

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Pros

Uplisting has allowed is to simplify our operation and cut some other application costs.
I love the way [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team listen to the hosts and make the tweaks to continually improve the software.

A game changer for any scaling Airbnb business.

Cons

Nothing at the moment to mention, everything is great

liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

critical to our business, awesome product, great company/customer experience

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

extremely good

extremely good

Pros

easy integration, awesome product, never had any troubles.

Cons

would love if i could scroll through the calendar with the mouse rather the toggles at the top (pretty small complaint really literally couldn't think of anything else.)

Banyana

Uplisting

Reviewed on 2021/10/14

Uplisting has helped me automate the running of my business. I really like that when customers book they immediately get a friendly message from me, and at other important dates while staying in our property. I am also happy that I do not have to worry about double booking.

Pros

I am very new to hospitality and Uplisting was the first Channel manager I used. I had to learn by doing, it wasn't easy, but staff are always on hand to assist. I was communicating with uplisting staff almost all the time during the first month to be able to work things out. They are always very patient, I feel they value me as a customer. I will definitely be adding more and growing with the company

Cons

I am still struggling with the direct booking website, its probably nothing to do with Uplisting but my own skills. I am still learning

Dave
Dave

I couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

I use it daily and it's really helped me turn a corner for my business from managing a few homes (that I could do manually) to many, many more.

Pros

Uplisting is a complete end-to-end solution for me. I manage multiple rental properties in the Poconos and Uplisting keeps everything organized in one central Channel for me. When integrating technology together, there are the inevitable speed bumps along the way, but I can say confidently that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team and on-the-ball to help solve any problems that may arise. I'm overwhelmingly thrilled with the solution and couldn't be happier with the price point.

Cons

The integration was a bit tricky, but this is inevitable any time you're integrating a channel partner. You have to make sure all the 'pipes' are connected!

vee

Great software

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Pros

Automates 80% of daily tasks. All in one place.

Cons

Some features are missing. NO MOBILE APP :(The existing mob app is very poorly optimised.

Response from Uplisting

Hi Vee,

Thanks so much for your review! The good news is we have already started building our mobile app from scratch.

Our existing app is focused on the unified inbox. Our new mobile app will offer much more functionality, including multi-calendar, individual listing calendar, etc.