busybusy

Web & mobile time & equipment tracking app for contractors

John M.

Looks great, but features are lacking.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

None unless you want to consider a giant headache a benefit.

Pros

The reporting is great, lacks a little but is still better than others out there. It's quicker than some others when having to adjust time as well.

Cons

1. Must refresh almost constantly because the software doesn't update like it should.
2. When changing time it must be done from reporting if doing more than one employee. When doing so, if I'm working on someone on the bottom of the list of employees, instead of remembering where I left off, it goes back to the top every time.
3. App doesn't work most of the time - if you're in a dead area, recording does no good as there's no wifi to connect the device and record the information.
4. Employees unable to change their time, even when the option is selected for them to do so.
5. When initial login happens, it NEVER remembers the password and an entire fiasco happens because of it. Not good when you have a lot of employees all doing this at the same time. It certainly takes a lot of time away from the person setting it all up.
6. No feature to make the signing of time sheets a requirement, only an option, and no one signs the time sheets because they're not required to.
7. GPS only takes a snapshot of the location where they initially clocked in. It doesn't record locations throughout the day. When accountability is a factor, it's key to get real-time, readable GPS.
8. More expensive than many others that promise less functionality. BusyBusy promises more functionality, therefore making it one of the top charging companies, but doesn't deliver anything near what you expect.

We cancelled our subscription and went back to paper. That's how bad it was.

Response from busybusy

Hi John,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I'm so glad to hear you've found the reports and editing useful and easy!

Thank you for the detailed feedback, I will reach out to you to discuss each point further. Some of these are feature requests, but for some of them we do have solutions!

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I use this app to track my nanny. It's easy to use and track hours, any notes and expenses.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Transparency and accurate reporting of hours. I also like the GPS feature so I know I'm not over paying.

Pros

I have at a glance access to the amount of hours my nanny is acquiring. So I know if I need to cut back on the long hours or if I have enough in my budget for date night!

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in the reporting and it won't reflect right away if my nanny has clocked out.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. We are happy to help you with the delay on the report.

Please reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email [email protected] we will be happy to help you.

-MMA

Kawika F.

As an employee that uses this app, I am satisfied with the accurate timekeeping & it's GPS.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Accurate time keeping and book keeping for labor costs, per project. GPS tracking that will show the location when each employee has clocked in and clocked out, whether for normal work, as well as lunch breaks.

Pros

I love this app because of the clock-in accuracy and the ability to easily move from project site to project site. It is very easy to use, I literally taught myself how to use this app and discovered other features that I felt were benefiting for myself as well as for my employer. I love that it can keep records of costs for each project, which makes book keeping much easier when it comes to labor costs. I also like that I can review my hours for the week prior before I sign and submit to our payroll department. This way I can bring up any discrepancies that I may have.
It's also easy to add new employee's and archive the ones that have either left or been terminated. It's easy to fix any discrepancy, if any, that regards hours or project location.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about this software is that on rare occasions I've had my GPS notification pop us stating that I have stepped away from the office, and if I would like to clock out, even though I haven't left the office. Other than that this program has been awesome.

Response from busybusy

Hi Kawika,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you love the software and how accurate the timekeeping is. You can simply ignore those notification you get when it asks you to clock out of the location. It's just a reminder to help keep track of accurate time. I would review the geolocation for the office and expand it a bit more to prevent this from happening.

Kyle C.
  • Industry: Furniture

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

Pros

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first.

I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock.

I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Response from busybusy

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

Sukhdeep S.

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sukhdeep,

Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature.

Tammy G.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

As stated before, it gives those of us who work away from the home office, the ease of being able to clock in and out and electronically sign our time cards.

Pros

I think it's a great service, especially for those of us that work out of state or are otherwise away from our home office and can not clock in and out the old fashion way! Being able to electronically sign your time card is another valuable feature. Also, I love that I can work from home and still be able to clock in and out.

Cons

I have not found anything about this program that I don't like. As for the question about cost above, that I can't say, because I do not pay for the service, but from an employee stand point, who uses it on a daily basis I think it's great!

Response from busybusy

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you like the electronic signatures and clocking in remotely via the app. Does make things much easier. Please let us know how we can be of any service.

Anne-marie W.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I researched dozens of options for time tracking and busy busy was the clear winner

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Makes my life so much easier by not only tracking time worked but hours on each job.

Pros

Easy to use and excellent customer service. The chat feature works great and if an answer is not immediately available I'm kept up to date with the progress and have never had to go longer then 24 hours before an issue was resolved.

Cons

The photo download is basically useless. But rumor says there's a fix in the works. You can only download one picture at a time and the resolution is not great.

Response from busybusy

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you are a happy busybusy customer. We currently updated our photos within the app so you can share them via email or upload them to your drive.

Let us know what you think of the new improvements.

Harmonie A.

Works well and any issues that arise are taken care of quickly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Calculates times well and GPS location is very accurate.

Pros

Tracking the time and locations is really easy and helpful. I like that the application reminds you when to sign in and out.

Cons

The application sometimes shuts down and I have to shut phone off and on. Delete application and download again.

Response from busybusy

Hi Harmonie,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you like the features you are using. We hope you continue to enjoy the features.

If you run into any issues with the app, simply reach out to our support team to get it reported. You can reach us within the app by going to support>>chat>>new conversation

Terrance P.

Easy to use and very convenient,for the office and the end of each pay period.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

No paper used and easy access.

Pros

Convenient in getting your time in to the office,and how you can edit each time period of each day. Thanks

Cons

As of an employee you can't name each job your on your employer manager does so I would like it to beable to do that as a employee.

Response from busybusy

Hi Terrance,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how easy it is to use. Your permission levels are customizable so your busybusy admin can give you permission to be able to add jobs to your project list. We recommend speaking with them and seeing if that would be okay for them to give you that permission.

Patrick L.
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Just the user, but easier to track time when traveling abroad.

Pros

Easy to track your time from anywhere your working, Capable of seeing you time sheet as need to verify your time.

Cons

Unable to fix your times unless your given higher privileges, but thats a management thing. Some quirks in the software at times with random start times and finishes

Response from busybusy

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you easily have access to your time sheets.

You are correct. That is a position you need in order to adjust your own time entries. I'd be happy to look into the other issue you are reporting. How often does this happen? We recommend hard closing the app every now and then to make the app sync with the server when you reopen it.

Rosemary M.

overall good quality

Reviewed on 2018/05/26

Pros

multi-functions. can perform multiple tasks. can track large quantity of data. downloadable reports.

Cons

software locks frequently. download to QuickBooks crashes whenever QuickBooks has upgrade. BusyBusy is not proactive to correct but relies on customer to notify.

Response from busybusy

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you can perform multiple tasks. When you say that it locks, is it the busybusy software or the Quickbooks integration? I will be reaching out directly to you to see if there is anything we can do on our end to help.

Jesse F.

All the functions seem to work as a supervisor I can see who's on the job & what task they're...

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

Job management task management and employee logs are all great functions. Time Clock review is a nice function also nice to keep track of task time management

Cons

It'd be nice if there was a alarm to let people know there break is over so employees make it back on time and there wouldn't be as many time card fixes everyday and it would be nice if after you choose your task you don't have hit done

Response from busybusy

Great to hear that it is working for you, Jesse. We appreciate the feedback. Each company is very unique and we try to cover all as many bases as we can. I have reached directly out to you to get some more details on the specific cons you listed. Thanks again for the feedback!
- David

Clint K.

Very useful spp

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Easy and simple to do time cards

Pros

It is a very use full app that I use Daily and I like how it is very easy to clock In and out. I like how it is all on my phone and it is more of an exact time. U do not need to go thru the hassle of turning in time and trying to remember hours from the week before

Cons

It's will glitch every once in awhile on my iphone. When I open up the app it will show a blank screen with just the letters busybusy on them and then I will have to close the app and reopen it in another tab for it to work properly again.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review, Clint. Make sure to keep your app updated and please reach out if you have issues!
-DH

Mike E.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

We have been using BusyBusy for the past 9 months and really like it so far. There are a few...

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

We are trying to attribute our cost of time better to our business as it relates to projects and profitability. This is a very good software and if we paid for some of the features it would even be better. Our company is pretty small (6) to warrant the need to job cost and go more feature rich than the current free offering.

Pros

Pros. You can put a lot of detail in the system about each project and break each project down into sub-projects

Cons

Lack of searchability of details in the project. I can't search for a project # as that field is not searchable as of May 2018. Other issues seem to be related to Android. Signing a time card does not work in iOS.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review, Mike. Glad to hear that it is helping your company make better decisions and track profitability. We will be in touch about the issues you are facing.
-DH

Amber B.

Easy to learn and implement; however, field usage was a bit difficult.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Great platform, a bit difficult for use in the field for those employees that are not very tech savvy.

Pros

Reports are very easy to use and functional. Easy to categorize employee into groups. The upload of the project breakdowns works great.

Cons

The multiple entries required for a day if an employee works in several different projects. Would be great if you could do a single entry and allocate to the separate projects in that entry instead of doing multiple. This is the biggest issue we have had with field implementation.

Response from busybusy

Hi Amber,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I'm so glad you like the reports and find them simple and informative.

I will reach out to pick your brain a bit more about the project structure you have in mind.

Terik E.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easy to use and seems to work well. Sometimes there are syncing issues, but overall a good...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Easy timecards and mobile clocking in and out

Pros

The ease of use and reduced time spent on other timecard jobs. I like that you can use the web version on your phone instead of the app.

Cons

Sometimes it does not clock you out, resulting in having to go back or find a manager that can edit your times. I do not like the good function as it drains my phone, especially since my phone is older.

Response from busybusy

Hey Terik,

Thank you for your review. We are glad the product is easy to use. Please make sure you have the updated busybusy app. Another helpful tip is to hard close the app every now and then. This makes the app resync to the server when you open the app again. Would you mind explaining what you mean by the good function? I'd like to help you out.

Mike D.

Great software to track guys and time.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

No paperwork is needed and it allows you to have a time stamp on everything. This is great for documenting when things have happened.

Cons

It's a little slow when you click from one page to the next. My crews send pictures in all the time and it takes forever to go from one to the next.

Response from busybusy

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. We like how easy it is for you to document things and have everything time stamped. We recently made some improvements on the photo section. I hope you experience has been better. Please let us know otherwise.

Jenet M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Busy Busy - Overall it lets me keep great track of my employees

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Being able to track employees - although - it would be great if it could track them live
Easy Reports

Cons

Not being able to track employees live - not being able to take photos or look at reports if multiple companies tied to same account
Lots of bugs - employees constantly getting booted out of app

Response from busybusy

Hi Jenet,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to hear you love the app!

I will reach out to you regarding your concerns as I feel with a little help I can help you avoid these in the future!

-ZL

Sophia A.

Amazing support staff

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

The easiness. Very easy to learn. Love the reporting feature as well. Also like the fast help we get from the staff.

Cons

The cost, but worth it. For the cost per user, i'd like to see that drop by 30%.
That's all, if we can get a royalty of savings 5% after every year...or something that would help

Response from busybusy

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your great review. We are happy you like the reporting feature and the support we provide. :)

I will pass this information along to our team.

Jessika D.

The busybusy app is very easy to use. My company uses it and I absolutely recommend it to...

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Easy clocking in and out app. You can take breaks with ease. Has very understandable application.

Pros

Very easy to use. Can be used by anyone and understandable. You can view your hours with out having to remember what times you worked.

Cons

Nothing at all. I recommend this app to anyone who needs an easy way to clock in and out of a job with ease.

Response from busybusy

Hi Jessica,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I'm so glad you find the app easy to use and understandable.

Thank you for your awesome feedback!

Huu L.
  • Industry: Design

Easy to used

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Easy to keep track of my work hours.

Pros

The software is very easy to used and user friendly. Great daily reminder feature. Easy clock in and out.

Cons

There are not much cons about the software. Maybe when I edit the description, the software should send a notification to the admin.

Response from busybusy

Hi Huu,

Thank you for your review. We are glad its user friendly and happy you like the daily reminder feature. I will be sure to request the feature you mentioned. I can see how that will be useful.

Darren C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great people to work with in customer support, overall product is acceptable

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Went from paper time keeping to digital in the field. Saved time of converting paper to computer for payroll and some reporting.

Pros

Busybusy is very easy to use and works in most of our field areas. It does have many good reporting capabilities.

Cons

It lacks some key reports that we need. In the reports we used we do not like the date/time format that the reports use. It's much more information than we need for just date and time and we would love it be simplified.

Response from busybusy

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you like working with us at customer support. I'd be curious to know what reports we are lacking? Im wondering if they have been requested already. If not, I would love to jump in a meeting with you to request that report for you.

Jodi A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

Our company absolutely loves BusyBusy!!! Easy to use, reports are organized, and our time preparing payroll has significantly decreased!! Also, love that busybusy takes suggestions and actually betters their product!!!

Cons

Nothing!! We haven't found a single thing that we don't like about busybusy!

Response from busybusy

Jodi - The feelings are mutual! We love our users and your company! Its been great to work with you.

Duane L.

Used to much data

Keep
Track of hours

Pros

I keep track of my hours on my phone
So I can contest any pay errors
I always have it with me
Size is small

Cons

To much data usage add cost to my phone bills
App is slow to start
Will freeze time to time
Hard in my battery
Offline issues

Response from busybusy

Hi Duane,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
I'm so glad you've found busybusy useful in keeping track of your hours!

I'd like to talk about the usage with you. The app was created with field workers in mind, and specifically created to use minimal data. I will contact you on how to check this in your phone.

-ZL

This program has helped our company better job cost.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The ease of use as well as the convenience of it as an app on your phone. It has been very reliable as well.

Cons

That you can't require gps pins. It would be helpful to be able to select which employees must use the gps feature.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. We are looking to make some updates and changes to our product and we think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you will find!
-DH