busybusy

GPS Time Tracking and Job Costing Software for Construction

Taylor
Taylor
  • Industry: Consumer Services

So simple to use! Finally an app all my techs don't complain about!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Less headache when payday comes around!

Less headache when payday comes around!

Pros

The time card reports, they make doing payroll so much quicker! Easy to find, easy to read!! Also the break tracking feature. I'm not hunting down technicians anymore to ask them if they took a break, it's right there at my fingertips when I'm ready to process payroll :)

Cons

Very rarely, but its happened a couple of times, I've been logged out of my app on my phone. Nothing too frustrating, I log back in and I'm back in business!

Response from busybusy

Thanks so much for the kind words, Taylor. We are thrilled to hear that software is working for you so well.
-DH

Brett

Great tool for job cost accounting

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

Pros

Busy Busy makes it very easy to switch between jobs and labor divisions. For a busy remodeling company with several open jobs, Busy Busy is invaluable for keeping our labor costs on the right track.

Cons

Busy Busy would be even easier to use if it had a widget or was able to work via voice commands on a phone or tablet. Text reminders to punch out when leaving a jobsite would be enhanced with text reminders to sign your timecard at the end of a given pay period.

David

Good app but needs improvement.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Pros
-Could build labor budgets.

-GPS locations.

-App reminds you to clock in when you get to the job site.

Cons

-Time consuming to edit each employees hours each week. Our typical work week is 7am-3:30pm. If a guy clocks in at 6:45 we have to manually change it at the end of the week to 7am. Also their break time is 30 mins each day. Your default is 15 mins so we have to manually edit each week.

-Can't build a labor budget based off the cost code rather you need to create a sub-projects.

-Would be nice if it could sync with Procore so we don't have to manually enter labor each week.

-Glitches ever so often.

Response from busybusy

Hi David,

Thank you for the in depth review. We are happy you like the reminders and GPS stamps. We currently integrate with Procore. I will reach out to you directly to provide details on how our integration works.

Thanks for your time,
Jairo

Overall a good and simple way for me to track job costs and employee hours. Super easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

Clock in/clock out location function allows me to see who started on what job when. It takes no time to show a new employee how to use and work the app, and I can easily see employees hours and cost right when I need to

Cons

When I go to enter someone's time manually, as I enter their start time it automatically adjusts their end time and visa-versa. Not a huge issue but gets annoying

Response from busybusy

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad you have had a good experience with the app!

Please reach out to us from the support button within the app or reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email [email protected] we will be happy to help you.

-MMA

Adam

busybusy review

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Pros

It is easy to use. Nice to be able to pull up all the different job sites.

Cons

If you are on a big job site, you keep getting notifications that you have left the site. I usually turn off my location after I log in so I don't get those notifications

Alison
  • Industry: Information Services

busybusy review

Reviewed on 2023/07/14

Pros

busybusy software tool helps employees and employers keep track of timesheets and performance. Overall it is a good tool to have for small and medium businesses alike.

Cons

It can be a little hard to start with in the beginning. but its worth it investment.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I use this app to track my nanny. It's easy to use and track hours, any notes and expenses.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Transparency and accurate reporting of hours. I also like the GPS feature so I know I'm not over paying.

Pros

I have at a glance access to the amount of hours my nanny is acquiring. So I know if I need to cut back on the long hours or if I have enough in my budget for date night!

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in the reporting and it won't reflect right away if my nanny has clocked out.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. We are happy to help you with the delay on the report.

Please reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email [email protected] we will be happy to help you.

-MMA

BB allows us to track our time and work functions very well.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

Looking up work performed and hours spent on each job. Easy to find history and job time per person.

Cons

Can't-do everything on my iPhone that I can on a laptop with Chrome browser. I have to go to Apple laptop to make changes at the start or end times weren't properly entered.

Response from busybusy

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you like looking up how many hours have been spent per project. The apps are a little limited on what they can do but you can edit employee's times from the app. Its just limited on reports.

Jim

Busy Busy Review

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

Pros

I don't have to write out my time any more. It's really easy to use. I like the project information and can go right to an address

Cons

Not really sure. Never have used another app before

Wendy

Easy for employees to use

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

This is a great product for employees who work out in the field

This is a great product for employees who work out in the field

Pros

Employees are able to see their time, in real time.

Cons

I don’t have any issues using this product. It’s user friendly.

Kawika

As an employee that uses this app, I am satisfied with the accurate timekeeping & it's GPS.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Accurate time keeping and book keeping for labor costs, per project. GPS tracking that will show the location when each employee has clocked in and clocked out, whether for normal work, as well as lunch breaks.

Pros

I love this app because of the clock-in accuracy and the ability to easily move from project site to project site. It is very easy to use, I literally taught myself how to use this app and discovered other features that I felt were benefiting for myself as well as for my employer. I love that it can keep records of costs for each project, which makes book keeping much easier when it comes to labor costs. I also like that I can review my hours for the week prior before I sign and submit to our payroll department. This way I can bring up any discrepancies that I may have.
It's also easy to add new employee's and archive the ones that have either left or been terminated. It's easy to fix any discrepancy, if any, that regards hours or project location.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about this software is that on rare occasions I've had my GPS notification pop us stating that I have stepped away from the office, and if I would like to clock out, even though I haven't left the office. Other than that this program has been awesome.

Response from busybusy

Hi Kawika,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you love the software and how accurate the timekeeping is. You can simply ignore those notification you get when it asks you to clock out of the location. It's just a reminder to help keep track of accurate time. I would review the geolocation for the office and expand it a bit more to prevent this from happening.

LM

it is easy to use and great when working with lots of part time employees

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

Easy to use, great for several type of employees, I like how they can sign their time card on their phones, as most employees are not always at work on Sundays when the pay period ends. Easy to set up new employees, and keep an eye on who is clocked in. We got everyone trained on how to use this very quickly.

Cons

It would be great if the Desk Top option had the weekly view alike the phone version does.

It would help if at the end of the work week an employee could sign their time card and not have to wait until the end of the pay period. With seasonal part-time employees they may only work once and then have to wait 10 days to sign their time card, this wastes a lot of our supervisors time chasing down people to sign their time cards.

I wish there was a setting where I could say print all time cards and not have to log into each one and print them all at the end of the pay period.

I wish there was a way to use the "non gps" version. We don't want to track our employees by GPS, and some feel it is a privacy thing but the notice keeps popping up for them on their phones. Maybe there is something I don't know on this.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review, LM! Our reporting functionality on the desktop version allows for custom date ranges. Additionally, you can print all of the timecards from the time card report. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and we will be reaching out to help resolve your concerns.
-David

Steven

Critical to my company

Reviewed on 2022/12/06

I can track my hours worked by crew, employee, job, and compare that to monthly revenue, making root cause analysis easier for unprofitable jobs. Having these numbers lets me know if there is a problem I need to search for and find. I can also do my yearly budget for the business better, as I'm able to track hours that need to be applied to overhead from year to year.

Pros

I love the report dashboard, which allows me to see everything about the labor in my company in one glance. If I need to drill down into any issues, the reports tab makes it easy.

Cons

I have turned on geo reporting and required my guys to send a report of their location when they clock in. I turned it off due to privacy concerns. BusyBusy was tracking them 24/7. Their location was recorded on the weekends, at night, etc., and it was invasive. The racking was a couple of years ago, so I don't know if it is still a problem.

Bart

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

Pros

The ability to talk into my phone and have it text the words I am saying into notes The ability to search for job names and addresses within the app. And just the ease of the dashboard

Cons

Is that your GPS has to always be on they need to have it on while using app
Sometimes it slow maybe that's my phone app I don't know why you can't copy and paste out of busybusy but you can paste into busybusy but can't copy and paste out of BusyBusy

Response from busybusy

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you like the ability to speak your notes in and search for job details. Our app has a very efficient way of using the GPS feature. It only uses it whenever you clock in, clock out, go off/on break and switch jobs. It uses very little data and battery usage as well. I will suggest the ability to copy and paste within busybusy for you.

Sukhdeep

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sukhdeep,

Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature.

Klayton

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

Pros

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

Cons

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Response from busybusy

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time.
-David

Meredith

Overall a great timekeeping and reporting tool for your business

Reviewed on 2022/10/27

Pros

Busy busy is a very easy program to use on a day to day basis. It has a functionality to support many types of employees (Feild workers, trucks/delivery drivers, office). As both a user and an administrator I can attest to the ease of use and its user friendly functionality

Cons

We as a company have used busy busy for many years and have used a few versions of this program as they have gone through updates over the years. In the last update there was a feature or two that I felt was lost when most reports were encapsulated in the "legacy reports" specific job perchance and job costing reports by specific project that I can no longer access.

Melissa

Time Solution

Reviewed on 2022/08/15

Over the years BusyBusy has improved and has brought some additional features that are useful.

Pros

BusyBusy is very easy to use and affordable. It has continued to improve over the years.

Cons

The cons are no longer cons. When we originally starting using BusyBusy the week start date didn't match our payroll period, this has been changed and is no longer a con. The only con now is, I wish there was a way to export the payroll that could just be imported to our payroll software. We have too many rules and exceptions so this is not a true con of BusyBusy.

Sarah

I have had nothing but a great experiences. I enjoy using these app to keep track of my time.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

I like that your most used options are saved for future use. It makes it easier and faster to go through and put in your time every day. Only using a few clicks and your all done. I also like that it list the day of the week and the date when putting in your time. It makes it easier for me so I don't have to remember just the date. It is easier to remember the day of the week and how many hours I worked.

Cons

I don't like how you put in the time you clock in and out. It would be easier if I could set up options so that the system always has the same start time that I start at. Currently it starts at 9 and ends at 5. My work day starts and 7 and ends at 3. If those times were preset and saved it would make it a lot easier for me to my time in.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the review. It is totally possible for your company to set up a default start and stop time for everyone in the company. This is done through the web by going to Company Settings > Time Keeping > Default Entry Times. From there the admin can set what time you start and end the day.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Accounting

Best time tracking service

Reviewed on 2022/08/18

An amazing experience. We are beyond happy that we found busy busy and it has truly made the way our office runs a lot smoother.

Pros

It is very easy to use and integrates with QuickBooks which has been a huge timesaver come payroll and billing time. It is very cost effective, employees pick up how to use it very easily and fast so not a lot of time is spent training on use of the software.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have more codes that integrate with QuickBooks, such at vacation time or holiday pay, rather than just hourly and overtime.

Patrick

Reviewed on 2023/03/07

Love the software and have recommend it to other contractors I work with

Love the software and have recommend it to other contractors I work with

Pros

Online and mobile abilities to track employees, time, and schedules

Cons

Mobile app can be a little "clunky" to navigate. I would like the feature to delete instead of archiving some projects.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to busybusy

scheduling features
Arlene

Good value , great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

I get to see where my employees clock in/out for the day. I get to generate daily work hr reports to better track our job costing. However, it is not very user friendly. It takes some exploring

Pros

That I can track my employees where they clock in/out. I can also, allow other people to add codes on their phones and view the reports of hrs daily.

Cons

that is not that user friendly to come up with reports or to add codes and see the code breakdown (reports)

Response from busybusy

Hi Arlene,

Thank you for the review. We are happy you like the customer support. :)

We hope we can continue to improve our reports for you. Feel free to give more details by suggesting them by going to support>>suggest features within your account.

Danielle

Efficient Commercial Concrete Time Clocking Software

Reviewed on 2022/08/26

Busybusy has been a company that we have never encounter an issue working with and that has made overall experience excellent

Pros

BusyBusy for our company has allowed the employees to have an simple, understandable and easily correctional app at their fingertips for all their time clocking needs. This feature has helped our company complete and process payroll in a more effective and time matter.

Cons

One con I have found with the software is it allows employees to clock in while already clocking in causing a little timecard confusion.

Austin
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Pretty easy to use and simple platform. Issue I have is the time card entries is kind of...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Just the ease of accessibility to your time clock and hours.

Just the ease of accessibility to your time clock and hours.

Pros

The ease of access and on demand portable service that the busy busy application provides is awesome. Very easy to keep track and double check hours.

Cons

The time card entries section is kind of confusing because of the setup. I work nights occasionally so instead of keeping the entry times in the same box and just showing the time entry dates and keeping the total entry time for that shift.

It splits it into 2 boxes and entry dates, completely splitting the total time for that shift. Sometimes it doesn't register immediately either so you can't view your hours for the second day of you your shift till you clock out.

Response from busybusy

Hey Austin,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad its easy to keep track of your hours. The system will split your time into two entries if your work day goes straight into the next. The reason this happens is because the app's time is based off of 7/24 hour time periods.
I hope this information helps,

Jairo

Great app. Makes clocking in and out a breeze. Helps keep track of jobs and how profitable...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Great time keeping. Keeps employees honest. Helps to track jobs from the time they start to the time they end. Love it!

Pros

Allows you to track jobs and see how they are going in the middle of the job. Tracks our people so you can tell where they are. Allows for break time. Automatically does over time and sets up paychecks!

Cons

Not comparable with the new software. IOS does not have recently used jobs. Wish you could access information from other apps like Google drive.

Response from busybusy

Hi There

Integrations are our focus as we continue to grow.

Great suggestion!