MyCuts

Booking & inventory management for salons

Ashley

I love this app. It makes my business and life run so easily.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the reminders. My clients love the text reminders. It has cut down on no shows for me as well. I also love the repeat appt option!

Cons

I only wish that the software would sync to my iPhone calendar. I use an Apple Watch to make it easier to communicate with clients while working, I would love to be able to view my next apt as well.

Shannon

Hairstyle Dream

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

It’s been great. Any questions Ive had were answered quickly and it is a really easy app to use.

Pros

It’s easy to set up. Clients love the reminder feature. I am in control of my appointments. No more relying on front desk staff who never understand your needs and wants. It’s all in my hands.

Cons

I would like a past history feature. Where you could select client and see all of there past appointments in a report type screen.

Rachael

Easy useful scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Reminders sent through text are super convenient. I like having my schedule right on my phone anytime I need to check it or change it.

Cons

When scheduling a client sometimes the time jumps to a different set time after saving. I have to go back and re adjust the time. I also wish I could view the clients next appointment without searching through the days.

Response from MyCuts

Rachael, thank you for your review! In our latest iOS update, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Also, to view a client's next appointment, just swipe left on an appointment row and tap "View Client's Appointments." Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Shannon

Overall experience

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

Decent
Glad there isn’t a monthly payment.

Decent
Glad there isn’t a monthly payment.

Pros

The organization of different services. I like having the different services in different colors and time blocks. I like looking at a months glance or a weeks glance.

Cons

I wish you could look up client history and see what services they had in the past and how much they paid with out having to use the calendar.

Response from MyCuts

Shannon, thank you for your thorough review! Regarding client history, you can view that by swiping left on any appointment or client row, clicking "More" and then "View Client's Appointments". Please email us at [email protected] for additional assistance.

Lisa

I am ac part time stylist. My cut has streamlined the appointment possess.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Ease of use, i like that it saves clients and has every thing right there. Making the clients next appointment is quick and easy.

Cons

The Formula that i used last time on a client doesn't update with the new appointment. I'd like to see that change. I currently still use client cards for this because it's easier.
Also if i can't come in until a certain time I'd like to be able to block out that time with out entering the times like you can on a paper book.

Response from MyCuts

Lisa, thank you for your review! To carry over their previous formula, you can either rebook their last appointment or you can import their last appointment. To import their last appointment, swipe left on the client's name while editing an appointment and then tap "Import Appt." Also, when viewing an appointment, you can tap the history icons next to the "Hair Formula" and "Notes" labels to see their respective histories. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Jennifer

I use MyCuts for my dog grooming business and it works great to keep track of my appointments.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Easy to use and keep track of your clients and their appointments. I love (and my clients as well) the automatic confirmation and reminders, makes things so easy and cuts down on no shows.

Cons

After several updates since the start of using this app in late 2016, there really isn't anything I dislike about the app.

Elizabeth

Easy to use. Inventory can be tedious but I like all the options for each client.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

I love the reminders and the ability to save their formulas and add pricing to their appointments. I am glad it stores all my clients and I can make their appointment automatically revolve.

Cons

Inventory entry can be confusing get and complicated. Some schedulers are now offering their services for free (square appointments)

Response from MyCuts

Elizabeth, thank you for your review! Please email us at [email protected] so we can help clear any confusion or complications you might be having with inventory.

Rick
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to keep track of clients.

Keeping track of clients

Keeping track of clients

Pros

Appointment notication. Keeping track of daily customers. Being able too look months on advance too see future business .recurring booking automatically done after each appointment.

Cons

N\A like everything. I have no cons.There is nothing that I like least. I have enjoyed My Cut
This is like having a secretary. This program does all I expected and lots more. Best value for the money. Thanks so much, keep up the great work.

Destiny
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great for Cosmo students

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Pros

I am a Cosmo student who has been using this app for about 6 months now and I LOVE IT. paid features are targeted more towards salon managers (I.e. adding multiple stylists, tracking inventory) I think it’s an awesome way to start understanding how to build and organize clientele while booking services.

Cons

A clients color formula should go in the client profile and always show up when booking an appointment but does not

Tammy

Love this app helps me keep track of appointments when I am out of the salon

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

The ease of using it, it makes running my own salon easier to make appointments no matter when if I just use the app instead of having to carry a book around

Cons

Not being able to use it when I am in the phone unless I have WiFi. Would be better if I could no matter when or where

Samnang
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Its ok... It does the job.. I wish there was a bit more functions and wish it looked visually...

I use it to organize my life and my clients

I use it to organize my life and my clients

Pros

I like how there are separate places for staff members and that it sends reminders. I like that there is a note section.

Cons

I don't like the look of it. and I also wish we can fully customize the reminder and confirmation notice.

Response from MyCuts

Samnang, thank you for your honest review! You can fully customize all of the reminder and confirmation messages. Just tap the "More" tab, then "Manage Client Notifications." From there, you'll see how you can customize all of the messages that are sent out to your clients. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance and suggestions how we can improve the look of the app.

Trisha

MyCuts

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Keeps me organized, helpful tool

Keeps me organized, helpful tool

Pros

MyCuts is an inexpensive software that is easy to use. The best thing about this program is it keeps everything I need for the salon in one place. I can keep an updated list of my clients profiles, client appointments and prices of each service. Keeps me organized to know who is scheduled and what to expect for the day in the salon. I can also track which products I have on hand, which I'm running low on and which need to be reordered.

Cons

Works great but seems to get a bit glitchy with multiple clients and stylists. Best to be used for one stylist who has lower about of clients. Would be nice if there was a way to have clients book in their own appointments.

Response from MyCuts

Trisha, we appreciate your thorough review! Please email us at [email protected] so we can discuss ways we can improve managing multiple clients and stylists.

Angela
  • Industry: Hospitality

Much easier to use than my previous software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

I like the eas of use from mobile and pc

I like the eas of use from mobile and pc

Pros

Backs up automatically and I can access from pc or mobile. Can add items for retail. Has a tip section on clients bill.

Cons

Mobile doesn't have as much information accessible about clients as the pc version. Hard to search client info on the mobile version.

Heather

Great for what I need!

Reviewed on 2021/08/16

Pros

Convenient and now I have less no shows

Cons

Expensive for what I need. Wish I could just pay for the reminders.

Square Point of Sale
Cheril

I love the flexibility of this , it is so much better than Style Seat

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

I can choose when the reminder msgs go out and that there are no 4-6 week reminders sent to clients. And the price is great

Cons

The time wheel is a little frustrating sometimes. I have to double check it to make sure it's the right time

Response from MyCuts

Cheril, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our iOS app, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Lisa

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

It saves all my client info and makes it very easy for booking. I like the reminders and confirmation.

Cons

I wish there was a cancellation fee option for appointments. A no show fee option would also be great.

Jocelyn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quick and easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

The simplest tool to use when needing screenshots.just a couple of taps and you’re done

Cons

Everything is great not hard to use and friendly to usersarq

Savvas

Love it

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

So far it's amazing and it's helping me alot and the client's feed back is good. Thanks

Pros

Everything is amazing. The customers like it cause they get reminders and I'm able to send individual messages or a broadcast to all the clients

Cons

Nothing so far. But I wish you can block off time with out making an event

Christianna

Easy to use, basic needs are met

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Contacts my clients and reminds them of their appointment. Schedule is clear and easy to read and understand. I also like the fact that you can add color formulas and then review them during my clients next appointment.

Cons

Does not allow for color processing time, also booking times generally glitch when making an appointment

Response from MyCuts

Christianna, thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app, because we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. As far as color processing time, what some stylists do is add another service to the appointment called "Color Processing" and add the time it will take for that. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

BRANDON

I love keeping my book on me at all times and this helps me do that.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Being able to have my book on me at all times is great!

Being able to have my book on me at all times is great!

Pros

Love being able to book and appointment anywhere! Most of my clients txt me so that helps a lot! Love this!

Cons

Nothing really. I really dont have anything negative. It has worked great for me the whole time I've had it.

Patricia

Rootz

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Pretty good

Pretty good

Pros

Similar to paper style booking. I can book cuts inside my colours. And it keeps people and products on file

Cons

Sometimes if I book an appointment on a device ( phone ) it doesn’t show on another device. End up with double l bookings

Claudia

Great app!

Reviewed on 2021/08/07

I have had a wonderful experience while using this app for my salon

I have had a wonderful experience while using this app for my salon

Pros

I just love the appt reminders and confirmation and how easy it is to use

Cons

I actually do not have anything that I don’t like of this app

Dianne

I absolutely love this app. It makes my like so much easier at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

The fact I can have it on my phone, laptop and it is so convenient. I love that I can track my sales.

Cons

I'd like to be able to send out mass texts about promotions. It would make it easier to let people know what's going on. Let me know if this is possible and I just don't know.

Response from MyCuts

Dianne, thank you for your review! Yes, MyCuts can send out mass texts and emails. The easiest way to get started is to tap the "Select" button from the clients list, then choose which clients you want, and then tap either the "text" or "email" icon. From there you can construct your message. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Kim

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

It is so simple to use and suits my needs perfectly.

Cons

I have no dislikes for any of the software, it is very user friendly, and meets my needs 100%

Tammy

Great for me

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

Perfect for my salon

Perfect for my salon

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly, a lot of options

Cons

Would like it if you could color code things