Phone2Action

Communications platform for public affairs and advocacy

Powerful Mobilization Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Phone2Action provides a unique tool designed to maximize acquisition and letter generation campaigns by connecting directly to Facebook lead forms, a service that many of their competitors can't or won't offer. Additionally, P2A provides dynamic, impactful landing pages and action centers to fit any client cause. It is easy to set-up and maintain, and reliable from start to finish.

Cons

Additionally, flexibility to connect an entire Facebook acquisition campaign to a Phone2Action campaign, without having to connect each ad individually would help with scale. Although the benefit to accommodate unique forms for each ad is a plus.

Andrew L.

It just works

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Before using Phone2Action our call to action initiatives were inefficient and untrackable. Now it is easier for our members to participate, and we can track how much engagement there was.

Pros

I've been using Phone2Action for about a 2 years, and have never had a problem. Right out of the box, the platform worked just as well as advertised (if not better). Also, their customer service has been amazing. They are always quick to answer messages and walk me through whatever issue I am having.

Cons

It is relatively bare-bones compared to some of the other platforms out there. That being said, It does everything that it is supposed to do, and it does it well. Also, they have recently launched a few new features, but I have not had a chance to use them since they are not included in the base package, so I cannot speak to those aspects.

Mitch M.

Powerful tools; excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

We are very pleased with P2A having. used the platform for almost 2 years. Their tools are relatively simple to use and allow the creation of a campaign in minutes. I definitely recommend them as a call/social/email/text action tool.

Pros

Immediate customer service on site; powerful and easily customizable tool.

Cons

Not a complete CRM tool, needs to be supplemented or used as addition to other toolset but we knew that going in. No real cons to date.

Bre M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

User Friendliness Drives Conversion

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Overall, our organization has been incredibly happy with P2A. Advocates have even reached out to compliment the system, with many mentioning it is so much easier to use than other products. We signed a 2 year contract with P2A but will almost certainly renew.

Pros

Phone2Action (P2A) might just be the best advocacy software on the market. It is user friendly all around--the software makes it easy to set up action alerts/action centers, it is easy to send messages to advocates to alert them of actions to take, and it makes it easy for advocates to take action. Even if something isn't straightforward, the customer service reps can usually get users on the right track in just a few minutes. Compared to other products we have used, P2A has a higher conversion rate and more folks taking action than we've ever seen.

Cons

The setup process for the software was lengthy, which was unexpected. We had several headaches trying to get everything fully functional, but once it was up it worked well.

Phone2Action review

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

Allows you to take multiple types of actions (call, email, tweet) in one fell swoop.

Cons

Given that profiles are delineated by phone number, it doesn't work well for industries where brick and mortar locations are hosting your action-takers, because multiple advocates may be using the same phone line... and thus not tracked as discrete individuals.

• Industry: Government Relations

Makes Massive Campaigns Look Personal

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

It is wonderful and their customer service is the best and most personal customer service I have EVER received for any product I work with.

Pros

The ability to upload multiple templates for legislator outreach

Cons

The dashboard is slow and doesn't show real time advocate action.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Advocacy made easy

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

I volunteer with a nonprofit organization who uses Phone2action for their advocacy actions. The system is so easy to use and makes it so simple to connect with your Legislators via email, Twitter and other social media platforms. I can receive text and email updates to remind me or update me to connect with my Senators and Congressman/Congress Woman. With a simple click of a button or two I am able to thoroughly communicate and advocate.

Cons

No cons at all. I love Phone2Action. Great program

Ryan W.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Phone2Action helps engage more people.

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

My overall experience with Phone2Action has been great. I have had to call customer service a few times for some help and they are quick to respond. The service has even created "How to" images for me to use during my speeches to our groups.

Pros

I like the ease of signing people up. I speak to a lot of our members across the state and having the ability to have them pull out their smart phone and sign up is extremely beneficial. I also like how simple it is to send an alert to our advocates. When an issue is urgent, the text message option allows us to connect with farmers immediately. In the past, we would have to wait until they checked email in the evening.

Cons

This goes a little against a positive attribute I listed, but to complete registration the sign up requires the user to click on the link within a text message they receive back. I have noticed many people send the initial text to sign up, but don't complete registration because they don't click on the link within the returned text message.

Amanda A.

So Many Compliments From Users

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

It's super easy to use and the customer service is amazing!

Pros

Our base supporters are constantly writing to tell us how easy our P2A campaigns are to use. They appreciate being able to engage in a way that is easy and quick!

Cons

There are a few functionalities I wish the software had that aren't currently included, including allowing the user to choose from different email templates to use.

Patricia M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Powerful Advocacy Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up a campaign and track your advocates.

Cons

I do not have any cons. The platform has been updated to resolve any issues I may have had in the past.

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

Very customizable, and excellent integrations with Facebook lead forms

Cons

Pretty buggy across different web browsers, usually run into timeouts when downloading reports.

Erin A.

Leading Grassroots Engagement Platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Phone2Action allows us to keep in regular communication with our grassroots audience and to activate them on key campaigns. Phone2Action is versatile in allowing us to reach out legislators, federal agencies ect. Overall, Phone2Action has added great value to our operations and have become an essential component to our advocacy.

Pros

The functions Phone2Action facilitates are key to any advocacy or grassroots campaign. P2A allows users to customize advocacy campaigns, maintain activist lists and track metrics in real time. Their custom service is exceptional and are extremely helpful in executing our campaigns and reporting on key goals.

Cons

The platform is very comprehensive, therefore, there is a bit of a learning curve to realize where all the features are located.

Tim D.

P2A Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and product functionality

Cons

More integrations with other platforms and greater amount of control over the account (User management)

Alicia M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

love the customer service and investment from p2a in getting better for our organization

Pros

24/7 customer service
ease of texting
analytics dashboard

Cons

it takes a while for the texting to load

Great advocacy tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

By far the most useful feature is the integration to Facebook Lead Forms. Being able to quickly capture data using Facebook has allows us to send thousands of letters.

Cons

The setup process of a new campaign can be clunky. The UX of navigating between dashboards, different campaigns, and different targets is easy once you've done it once, but the first time can be a challenge.

Sam B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Continuing to Impress

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

LGBTQ equality is a complex and ever changing field which can easily burnout its advocates. P2A has helped me grow the world's largest grassroots campaign in my area of expertise and I'm grateful for its support.

Pros

The ease with which I can get a campaign online has helped me create a variety of advocacy actions from an airport terminal before a flight so that the campaign is in full motion by the time I've landed.

Cons

The lack of email outreach was a hindrance in the past but this has been solved with that new functionality.

Meghan L.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

The software is easy to use and looks great on our website. We've been able to do a lot more with this to engage constituents than with our previous software (for example, we can ask constituents to submit comments to the federal register). Customer support is amazing.

Cons

It doesn't integrate perfectly with Salesforce. We have some issues sorting lists for example, but customer support did help us create an effective work around.

Phillip H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

This tool as been a huge help in reaching out to our sitters to get them to take action. It's also makes it easy to monitor action and target our audience with the right message.

Cons

This tool is very useful and it fits the needs that we use it for. No complaints at this time.

Sawyer C.

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I love it! Perfect for what we need. We never knew how many people were contacting their legislator, now we do!

Pros

The customizable features, the ability to get things done quickly, and ease for participants..

Cons

Text editing and spacing could be easier.

Cameron K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Phone2Action: There When We Need Them, Offering Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

It's been awesome! We're able to engage with our constituents in new, creative ways and have seen a significant spike in engagement as a result of this tool.

Pros

The thing I love the most is the ease of access. There isn't a steep learning curve and whenever I found myself having questions, the customer service support replied to me within 30 seconds and were always able to solve technical questions about how my organization can best reach our constituents effectively and efficiency.

Cons

If I could change one thing about Phone2Action, I would alter the format of the space for constituents to take an "Action Alert" to best meet the needs of an individual action alert. I think I would appreciate more flexibility, though this isn't an enormous concern.

Samantha E.

I love P2A!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

P2A has not only an incredibly software package but amazing support as well. I never feel like I'm alone in whatever I'm doing.

Pros

P2A can be daunting at first but after your first campaign, you realize how easy the process can be. I love that P2A is user-friendly and delivers results - fast.

Cons

Recognizing that this would have limited functionality, I wish there was a P2A app to use on the go.

Nicole A.

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

It is exactly what we needed for our engagement and the customer service is the best out of any service provider we've ever worked with.

Cons

We would like more robust report tools and data analytics.

Sarah D.

Great online advocacy platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Exceptional connectivity between the public, civic action and results.

Pros

The best part is the ease of accessibility when it comes to getting the help you need, when you need it. You not only have a dedicated client success manager, but the chat feature connects you to other helpful staff that can assist you in real time. They also seem to understand how important and time sensitive advocacy campaigns can be!

Cons

There are some parts of the campaign-building that aren't clear, but there is always somebody on deck to help point you in the right direction.

Mike C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Complicated software, great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Fantastic. I've recommended it to two of my clients, and would do so again. It is the best digital grassroots mobilization tool I've seen.

Pros

Phone2Action is state-of-the-art, highly complex -- but friendly, personable customer service has gotten us through every time!

Cons

It IS complicated, but that's a cost of its unbelievable functionality

Stephanie S.

Love It!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

I love that it is so easy to use! The buildout for a campaign is smooth and user friendly. Our advocates have said nothing but good things about the platform!

Cons

I have no cons about the platform. There isn't anything that I would change about it.