Award winning IT Asset Mgmt and Service Mgmt platform

I love the product and it has helped us and our client streamline their support processes.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

providing an efficient service desk

Pros

There are many features, and they are entirely customisable. The out of the box features and set up is very useable from day 1.
Support is great.

Cons

Programming is too simplistic and doesn't encourage code reuse - which leads to difficulty in long term maintenance.
The agreement with Alloy suits an end customer, it doesn't cater for the needs of true resellers and service providers.
Priced for larger organisation - difficult for small organisations to get started.

Response from Alloy Software

Thanks for the kind words! We truly appreciate your loyalty to Alloy's products!

We agree the functionality and price of our Enterprise edition is aligned with medium to large companies in mind. If you would like something more suitable for small to medium companies we'd suggest you take a look at our Express edition.

Regarding workflow, the system is designed specifically for the purposes of reusing every piece of a process you design. You can design one form that is used in multiple workflows, or you can create a function with simplistic or extremely complex operations any process can take advantage of. A good example is the ability to request manager approval. There's a built-in function, no different than any function you can create, you can add to any workflow. That's as reusable as you get.

I urge you to get in touch with us so we can show you. It will unlock some extremely powerful benefits for you and your customers.

Hany E.
  • Industry: Food Production

Review for Alloy Navigator

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

It's an excellent experience because it benefited me more than I expected from other programs and everything I needed and brought in.

Pros

This program helps to follow the work seriously and continuously and it includes all the sections I need in the work like the one and save the assets in the department and renewal and many other things

Cons

This program is good, and there's nothing I didn't like.

Martin P.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Alloy is our "Main Brain"

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We work with Alloy Navigator/Discovery since more than 12 years now.
No other product can compete with Alloy Navigator/Discovery.
I Feel really secure with Alloy ( not like similar free product.... if you know what i mean)
I make custom workflows, fields, views to fit the needs of F.Menard.
Oh, i forget... [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are top notch :-)

Pros

-VERY VERY VERY powerfull
-EXTREMELY customizable
-Automated Inventory
Serisouly... you can do whats you want with this solution.

Cons

-Learning curve can be difficult for a novice
-no iOS apps

Rick H.

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

We switched from other application. This by far is the best option.

Pros

Runs quickly, has a lot of useful features.

Cons

Customer Service support, slow at getting responce

Response from Alloy Software

Thank you for your kind words, but I am sorry you had such a poor experience. We make it a point to take good care of our customers.

After review, I'm confused though. Your company's average response time is just over 2 hours which is well within our SLA, two of your coworkers rated our service 5 stars in their reviews and I see no requests in our system from you.

Regardless, I hope you don't hesitate to give our support team another chance. I am confident your experience was an exception.

Again, I'm sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.

Jay M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use on-premise solution.

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Alloy has created a one-stop shop for all of our key IT data.

Pros

Alloy allows us to pull multiple islands of information (support ticketing, asset management, loaner tracking, etc) under a single umbrella.

Cons

While Alloy can track a wide breadth of information, sometimes getting into the nuts and bolts of the data can be a bit cumbersome. Network inventory for SNMP devices and software tracking/allocation leave a bit to be desired.

John H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Used Alloy at both my previous and current job, great product.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Easy tracking of hardware and software licenses. Tracking of helpdesk issues has been easier that previous product.

Pros

The help desk and software licensing components really save a lot of time and are easy to use. I've been able to use the software licensing piece to fulfill a Microsoft audit with ease.

Cons

Migration from other software vendors is a little tricky, but that's more due to how the other vendors configure their databases.

Shawn J.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Alloy Navigator 8

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I have used Alloy for nearly 15 years. It is one of my most valued solutions in my support organization.

Pros

The ability to get a good picture of the support organization

Cons

A better solution to Active Directory to automate company/locations. Possibly having a manual way to assign the parent company to the locations and have that flow to users would be great.

Marc M.

Compliance

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Pros

We found the product to be extremely flexible in allowing us to configure a lot of details and forms to meet our specific needs.

Cons

The on-prem solution at times had some performance concerns, but we're looking forward to seeing this addressed in the new cloud offering.

Jeff W.
  • Industry: Printing

If keeping track of everything is what you want, this product is for you! And I mean...

Reviewed on 2018/07/21

Alloy keeps track of a ll of our inventory, software changes, support incidents, knowledge base, etc. The information in Alloy puts all the necessary information in one place to manage our IT environment easily and efficiently.

Pros

Alloy can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be based on how you set it up. The flexibility and depth are what I love most about it. You can really keep track of everything in your IT environment and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. Other products make you use their preconfigured categories and workflows, etc. While Alloy comes preconfigured with almost everything you need, you can add or remove just about anything you want and build your own workflows to automate the system.

Cons

I find that the more flexible a product is, the more cumbersome it can be. Since Alloy is extremely flexible, the set up can be a little complicated. However, they have a great support team to help you when you need it.

Vitaliy E.

Has good potential

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

My overall experience is good. I went head on into a huge mess that was not very well maintained. When the inventory, locations, and customers are up to date, then its much easier to manage.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is how it can be integrated to sync with Active Directory which allows us to keep the inventory, locations, and customer tabs updated. The more automation, the better.

Cons

The gui is kind of outdated and could be simplified, but that's speaking from being on an older version of Alloy Navigator. There is not enough sync customization that can be manipulated or adjusted for AD sync.

Response from Alloy Software

Thanks for taking the time to review our product!

Absolutely get yourself on the latest version and take a look at the Technician Web Portal. It's really sleek and easy to use. If you use the Windows client, you'll love the Web Portal no doubt!

Regarding the Active Directory sync, please give our services team a call. I say that because the sync is super flexible, allows you to map any AD field anywhere you want, update records on conditions, import pictures, set managers for automatic permissions and approvals, and its paired with the workflow which is second to none. Maybe there's something you're missing we can help you with.

We'd love to help you get the most out of the product and if there is a limitation anywhere, we'll do our best to address it!

Thanks for being part of the Alloy Software family!

Mike A.

My Honest Review of Alloy Navigator

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

The best thing about Alloy Navigator is the customization. If there is something you want this software to do, it can probably do it.

Cons

What I care for least about Alloy Navigator are the UI and UX. There are so many menus that are buried within multiple layers of menus.

Response from Alloy Software

Thanks so much for your review and for your company's loyalty of 14 years!

I highly recommend you give the Technician's Web Portal a look. It's interface is really slick and will absolutely feel new and streamlined over the Windows client.

If you have any questions about it, drop our services team a call!

Angela L.

Alloy for Service Requests and Change Requests

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

I really like what I've used so far. It's a part of my daily work, and it makes everything fairly simple. I'd like to explore more of the available features within the application, and I'm really excited to see what else we can do!

Pros

Please keep in mind that I do not use all of the available features of this system. But I really like the features that I'm currently using. I spend nearly all of my time with tickets and Change Requests. Both features are easy to use, and help me track my work effectively. I love how easy it is to escalate tickets and CR's, create work orders, and communicate with my requestors directly within the tickets. My administrator has also created some very helpful reports and dashboards so I can track the work that my employees complete, and provide visibility to our Executive Leadership. We've even created an entire process surrounding our Change Advisory Board that streamlines the approval process for projects. It's wonderful.

Cons

It might just be me, but I find both the Activity and History tabs to be confusing / overwhelming at times. I wish there was a better way to quickly see what's happened with the ticket over time.

We use Navigator for help desk ticket and asset management and have found it quite useful.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

From a help desk perspective, we appreciate being able to see trends in issues our users are experiencing as well as where the issues are coming from. It's quite easy to configure when linked to our AD and other global settings can be updated for multiple users en masse. I appreciate the flexibility in being able to create views of tickets that work for me, as do the other techs who respond to tickets.

Cons

Configuring reports and views is not the most user friendly but they've just released Navigator 8 which I believe makes this easier. No real complaints other than wish there were a Mac version as well.

Response from Alloy Software

Thank you for your kind words! Just a quick note, if you need to use Alloy Navigator on a Mac, I recommend using the Tech Web Portal. This gives you full access to everything you need on any platform whether it be Windows, Mac, Linux or otherwise. In regards to report development, drop our Technical Support team a note and they'll point you towards some great tutorials. As we use the standards - Microsoft Report Builder and Crystal Reports - there are lots of solid resources available on the net to choose from. Thanks again for the review and for being our customer!

Mary A.

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Alloy Navigator has eliminated about 4 different spreadsheets that I used to use to track information. I now do this from one console and have set up reporting to assist with the management and tracking of that information.

Pros

It was super easy to get started and setup generally functionality. I have been able to quit using spreadsheets to track information and was able to import most of my spreadsheets directly into Alloy. I now tracks my Contract renewals for both hardware and software. I am tracking my software licensing and allocations. The library is very useful for us to track equipment that we have checked out to our end users and/or contracted trainers. We also have a scheduled inventory that continues to update with our latest information for all computers in our domain.

Cons

The admin section is a little cumbersome to maneuver, but has a lot of options there.

Wayne D.

Alloy Navigator, a very useful program

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I use Alloy Navigator every day to support the users in our company. It brings vital information about user's systems quickly to the screen, allowing an easy way to maintain inventory and connection information. Because it is an all-inclusive program for tracking hardware, software, work tickets, purchasing and user information, the setup is a bit complicated, but we couldn't maintain our IT department without it.

Pros

Brings useful information quickly to your screen

Cons

Setup is a bit complicated, but only because the software is so robust.

Joseph J.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Pros

The software is very easy to user and the staff is very helpful!

Cons

There needs to be more reporting tool and user control of reports.

Response from Alloy Software

Thank you so much for your review!

Drop us a line and let us know what you'd like to see in way of reporting tools.

Our reports are created with Microsoft Report Builder. Microsoft provides a free editor and its become quite popular so tutorials are easy to find. If you are familiar with Crystal Reports you can use that as well!

We'd love to hear about your specific needs so please don't hesitate to drop us a line!

Joanne S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great product, everything is linked for ease of access.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Easy access to know what inventory we have and where it is located. We can easily find out how old someone's computer is just by checking into Alloy Navigator.

Pros

I really like being able to click on a location and be able to drill down thru the user to the inventory item and PO.

Cons

It would be nice to have some mini webinars for training on each area that we could watch when we needed a little explanation of how to use a certain part of the program.

Stephen M.

Since implementing 8 years ago, has been instrumental in our growth and support of our Clients

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Customer support tracking, Purchasing, Client Portal

Pros

The ease of use, ability to customize the software to our needs and the fantastic support we receive
no matter what the request, could not run our Business without Alloy and the support we receive with the Product.

Cons

if there was to be a con only one to be would be the ability to send a PDF PO without needing to save 1st and attach for sending

Sean C.

A fantastic alternative to Autotask

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Asset tracking and ticket metrics

Pros

Allows full IT management from asset inventory to helpdesk metrics. Allows full financial tracking, tickets, and asset discovery.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to learn in an SMB environment with small teams and no compartmentalization. If you have no teams at all, individuals can be overwhelmed as their are many features to this application.

Leah D.

We have been using Alloy for over 13 years and have no plans to change

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

We have over 50 people on staff, it really helps us keep our business running smoothly. What we like most about the software is how customizable it is.

Cons

The out-of-the-box reporting could be more robust, but we are able to write our own reports so it's not an issue.

Eric L.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Asset tracking, good customization possibilities and Alloy seem willing to help and adapt.

Pros

We already used Network Inventory and expanding to Alloy's own help desk was a natural step.
Alloy Navigator has many features for a low cost and we are slowly moving forward and using more and more. Good customization options and if we can't fix it ourselves, Alloy can make it.

Cons

It's a lot to learn and trying to figure out a good workflow with the tools in hand.
The help section can be a bit vague on details.

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Insurance

I use the software on a day to day basis for incidents from our users and inventory tracking.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

I really like being able to track incidents, attach notes and files to the incidents. It is also very handy for keeping track of purchase orders.

Cons

There are a whole bunch of duplicate areas for things. The configuration of an item is under the Computer item, but the Finance is under the Asset side. Just gets confusing with the multiple elements.

Graham H.

Asset tracking

Reviewed on 2012/02/14

I recommend this product to all my suppliers and clients and feel this is well suited to many companies no matter how large or small.

Pros

I have used this product over many years and enjoy the ease of use and implementation. In the rare event of any issues the support team are excellent and solutions are found very quickly. I am currently an owner of an IT Solutions Company and this application has made our support and asset tracking a breeze and not stressful at all.
This is a fantastic suite at an affordable price for all budgets and requirements.

Cons

After using this product from Enterprise to Express versions have never found any cons and fits into all the business models I have been involved in.

Christopher B.

All in One Ticketing Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

The amount of information you can add to a ticket. I like that I can log the work and paste HTML email threads in a ticket. Also managing all of the computer in the ticketing software is a nice feature.

Cons

The software looked a bit outdated before we upgraded to Version: 8.3.1 Build: 7647

Addison U.

Multi functional software

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Pros

I like the fact you can have your assets, documentation, ticketing system, etc. all in one place.

Cons

With some of the basic creation of groups, titles, etc. for assets takes a little more digging to edit. Wish
there was an easier platform for editing.