Squire Barber Appointment App

Barbershop & salon software with native mobile apps

Tariq N.

Atlanta Shop Owner/Celebrity Barber’s POV

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

In a time like this (Covid-19), having a management software that makes it easy to track business productivity is essential for finding funding. On a daily, it’s allowed me the luxury of focusing on marketing and developing my team as daily/weekly payroll operations are very simple.

Pros

It’s just easy to use as an individual or for an entire shop. Scheduling, payroll, marketing, mass communication with your clients, and so much more. It’s really a barbers dream operating system.

Cons

Initially (in 2017) there were a lot of features that were missing. That provided some challenges with client communication, but that has long been fixed. No real cons now.

Heather M.

Barbershop booking

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

I like squire- switching from another system, it is a bit more complex and is taking time to adjust to. I like a lot of the features they offer and would like to stay with this system- however if they don’t work out some of the kinks I mentioned- that may be a deal breaker

Pros

Squire has some features I haven’t found with other software and that makes them stand out. I think if they fix a few kinks, this could be a really great system. I love the squire supply- that’s an excellent add in, and I love that it’s one price regardless of staff- as I grow I don’t have to worry about price increases.

Cons

There are some areas that need improvement and with these changes I think squire could be the best out there. The product inventory system needs help; those of us that carry a lot of products NEED a search bar, it can take far too long to ring up a single product. Also, the ability to have a custom product button so the price is easily changed for the products we sell that we only have one or two of and don’t want to add to inventory. The app needs some help- I don’t like that I can’t see all the barbers schedules unless I’m on the desktop site. Waiting list- I don’t like that clients are charged for this. This should not be something clients have to pay for and I mean come on squire- for the monthly cost, stop nickle and diming at every opportunity

Thomas N.

Eye Opener

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Being able to raise prices has been a huge help. Not only to my clients but as well as my employees by being able to track their progress.

Pros

Squire helped me realize how much money was coming in per chair and which employee had the most clients coming back. I never knew how important that information was until it was shown to me. Such an game changer for my business.

Cons

I’d love to have the option to collect the payment of an appointment the day they booked their appointment.

Anna R.

Squire has helped us!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Squire has been a great transition although not smooth due to some information being lost from our old software the squire reps were a great help! They walked us through set up, client information transfer, basically step by step. Any time we have any questions they are accessible.

Pros

Squire has helped us avoid double booking and make checking a client out 10x easier, the clients are able to book online and pay if they need to. We also have a great app that clients can download to book online! We can send promotions through email blast! Also the client can receive a reminder up to 24hrs in advance through email and txt!

Cons

Squire only runs on 15min increments so we had to adjust some of our service times. Will not notify if client is new. Does not have a clock-in option if you have hourly staff. Currently does not offer gift cards. When checking out multiple clients it limits us to 2 barbers/stylist so we have to do multiple transactions.

Elliott C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

More than just a booking app.

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Being able to collect and exam data is imperative to my small business. Squire allows my to see trends and act accordingly to maximize sales opportunities, not only in service categories but in retail also. I’m able to easily check and modify inventory, and make sure the products that are top sellers are ordered on time to avoid missing sales due to being out of stock. Squire has helped my business run more efficiently Which helps my business be more profitable.

Pros

Inventory control, reporting features, time clock, analytics, ease of appointment setting. POS system very easy to use and collects all imperative data of sales and customer history.

Cons

I wish the customer service was easier to reach via phone and were more accommodating to west coast business operations. However they respond pretty quickly through the online chat support.

Justin C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Get Squire

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Pros

The software is so user friendly and has all the information I need to keep up to date with my business, especially my stock.

Get all round service from the whole team at squire give you 1 to 1 service I recommend to all of my follow business owners.

Cons

I don’t have any dislikes about this software as it’s always ever growing. There is only one thing I will say I wish I had Squire when I first started business as it has helped to develop my business further. Sooner rather than later.

Corey D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Amazing family

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Amazing

Pros

The feature that allows owners to integrate multiple shops .

Cons

All features aren’t available to use on mobile version.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The Greatest Upgrade we have EVER made.

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Since we partnered up with Squire we have done nothing but grow and expand as a barbershop. For the first time since we have opened we have more barbers than chairs, a full schedule, the phone is ringing all day and we regularly see online pre-booked appointment pop up on the barbers calendars.

Pros

Flat out the functionality. The nuts and bolts of this software are exactly what a busy barber shop needs. The analytics portion is bar none, the online booking is incredible. When ever we have questions we go right to the live chat and get things solved asap.

Cons

There is no feature or portion of Squire that we do not fully love.

Ruben M.

The best

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

Awesome

Pros

Everything
Easy
Efficient
Convinet
Simplicity is key in today’s age and squire does it the best

Cons

Everything has been great
My team and my self love it
Clients don’t know any other way

Yisrael W.

Effective and efficient

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Great customer service, resolve issues quickly. It's easy to use for the client and for myself and the morec comfortable you get with the software the easier it is to do your job.

Cons

Some features are devolved yet, however that's not terrible. Other than that nothing comes to mind. Keep up the good work.

John C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Squire, worth the investment.

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Pros

Truly the best group of professionals I’ve ever worked with. Squire has set the standard in service and honesty that few companies in the country could match. When I’m looking for upgrades and added features, I’m confident that Squire will listen to my concerns and needs, then add their expertise and experience - and together, I end up with exactly what my shops need. Keep up the great work Squire Fam!

Cons

I’ll revise this section in the near future. Still new to the platform and learning all the features. I’m not qualified to accurately share feedback at this time.

Tim S.

Quick and easy!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

I walk in, get my cut, and walk out. User interface is sleek and the shop branding is sweet. This is especially great when I see walk-ins sitting and waiting.

Cons

Lots of updates/releases. Most importantly, I wish there were more shops in my city. Squire definitely needs more participating shops/locations.

Ryan M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

The only solution I would recommend for the barber industry

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

The sales and support team have gone quite a long way to help us set up and get trained on Squire. Because of it, we've been able to adapt our business to the times (eg. COVID) to change schedules, services, prices, etc. The POS is very easy to use for both us and customers as they accept virtually every form of payment. Thank you to the team at Squire for such a well thought out product.

Pros

I loved how intuitive the whole program was. They implemented features that covered the spectrum of my requirements from commission payout to product inventory management.

Cons

There were no integration problems that I can think of.

Isaac C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Personal touch

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

These people are legit. They gave me the tools I needed to organize my shop. I was nervous about the system, but they walked me through it. I feel like I'm part of their family.

Pros

Easy to access. Lots of great features. Great staff.

Cons

Features and layout get wonky using an android.

Simone J.

Barbers & Their Clients Love Squire !!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

It keeps me organized for my day to day operations and provides necessary reporting.. I really appreciate their customer support team and their willingness to assist with rectifying all challenges.

Pros

It was user friendly for the barber and their clients.

Cons

That it doesn’t authorize the card on file at the time of booking or at least 24hrs to ensure it goes through for the service, no shows, cancellations etc.

Ian H.
  • Industry: Ranching

Champion sound

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Product is very thorough and has all the features a barber shop needs

Pros

It helped me organise my business also allowed me too organise every barbers schedule .

Cons

There are some features that could be simpler ,

Mike S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best barber shop /salon POS system Period

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Overall it’s awesome! Anytime I have a question the guys at squire always take the time out to help me get through whatever it is I’m trying to get accomplished.

Pros

Super easy to learn & our customers love it!

Cons

I haven’t had no problems out of it. I’ll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

• Industry: Accounting

Best barber Software

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Customer service. I love how I can pick up the phone and call them at anytime

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say.

Josh P.

Squire is the Best !

Overall been great !

Pros

It’s clean look and how squire does everything you need . Also how it’s mainly for barbershop .

Cons

To me was charging the convenience fee. That’s it .

Killer software!

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Pros

This software is super clean and user friendly on the customer end and has made scheduling appointments much more convenient for them and us. Our phone rings less, which means we don’t have to stop working to answer, and our customers can book any time, day or night.

Cons

There isn’t really anything I don’t like about it. It’s functions perfectly for everything we need.

Justin K.

Squire is where it’s at!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

I’ve been really happy managing multiple locations and barbers. No other software like it!

Pros

Great functionality and features, intuitive, great customer support....

Cons

There really isn’t a whole lot I don’t like

Sarah B.

Versatile and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

It allows staff to choose their own services and times and offers a great customer booking experience.

Cons

The report and analytics sections needs work. I'd like to see a multi location option offered soon. And gift cards option would be great.

Chuka T.

Full Management and Improvement of brand image/presentation

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Pros

From the front end user (Individual Barber) What I like most is the simplicity, customization and look of the software.

From the back end user (Organization, Manager) What I like most is the ability to have more control over our brand presentation and the ability to collaborate more efficiently with our barbers.

Cons

As of of right now everything seems to be covered and available to manage a barbershop.

Diego E.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Thankful

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

Great experience from the members to the software.

Pros

It makes it convenient for me and the client to book appts and the POS is easy to use, the support team is always on deck for anything.

Cons

None at this particular moment. So far, so good.

Michael W.

Squire - beautiful but not there yet

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

Clean interface for client and admin/staff.
Easy checkout with photos for products.
great onboarding staffing setup.
great sales team.
great COVID19 policy.
clean search based on BRANDS in products.
allows booth rental barbers to collect their own earnings and CC fees.

Cons

Squire pre-authorizes the card on file 1 hour before service even though your cancellation policy is 24 hours before service, marketplace clients will book appointment with apple pay with gift cards that don't have funds and won't show up.

Deletes "notes" when merging duplicates of clients.

If you have self employed barbers, you have to ring up product and services separately.

The checkout process on iPad is odd, as it forces you to have 4 options of TIPS suggestions. 3 is my prefer max.

No hardware for barcode scanning as it takes a SKU/UPC. my staff rings up wrong items all the time.

NO variants for products (sizes, color, etc.)

the whole BOOKING FEE for clients that prepay is odd. I am still not sure if the fee covers the card fees I would pay or if Squire is double dipping.

Wish there was an online store for curbside pickup (or shipping) for products.

$250 fee for your personal app and not impressed. $150 for just a virtual waiting list. $100 just for the basic app.