Hippo Video Reviews

4.5/5 (33 reviews)
Mark H.

Experience the Joy of Hippo Video

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

If you don't know Hippo, then you really should look at their website. I would not call it business problems what Hippo Video is solving, but it made my workflow immensely more structured and straightforward. I believe everyone will agree that the use of Video is a must in today's communication. Hippo Video is there to help you with sales, marketing, and support related tasks. There are different plans for these named categories, or you can choose to get a custom made Enterprise tier, which will hold whatever your business requires.

Pros

The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions Hippo Video is excellent customer focus. It must be said. I had some, for me, challenging questions for a project I was managing. Boom. Sir, would it be convenient for you if we would set up a call and go over your specific use case? Well, yes. That gave me a good feeling about the product, purely due to the proactive attitude. I had still to setup Hippo Video, but I felt very confident it would work.

Cons

Some parts of the user interface are not that clear at first glance. There is always room for improvement, and I did go over the, in my opinion, unlogical placement of individual elements. The team made notes of my feedback to discuss internally.

Daniel G.

I don't need anything else then Hippo

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I use it to record screen to create How-To videos.
I use it too to help my client when they have a problem with a software or Wordpress. I create a video to show them what they have to do and they keep the video as a reminder.

Pros

Very user friendly, Easy to customize, Easy to edit video, Good Chrome Plugin

Cons

I didn't find anything wrong until now. I like this software/app very much.

Jim M.

The ease of use. Makes it easier to grasp + easier to create, edit, store, share & track ur videos.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

1. more mileage for my investment
2. ease of use versus Zoom
3. Support staff is more responsive than Zooms.

Pros

The ease of use is so much easier to grasp PLUS it's 10 times easier to create, edit, store, share and track your videos.

In addition, you can screen capture, webcam capture or audio capture thus it allowed me to eliminate the need to use tiny screen capture + Zoom to create, edit, and produce videos etc.

1. Everything you need is all within the Hippo Video platform! Zoom can't touch this!
2. Easily create or record videos for free at the start of a button. It can be a screen capture, webcam capture or audio capture.
3. Free version allows you to record up to 10 minutes
4. Most important, great customer support-respond quickly!

Cons

1. Hipp Video needs to do more marketing to get their name out.
2. They have a good product which I think is better than Zoom and has more bells and whistles to offer a subscriber. It's not being marketed properly to make people and businesses aware.

A lot of potential for this Hippo!

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Overall, hippo video has a lot of potential. I hope they get more customers so they can develop and continue their product.

Pros

What I liked the most about Hippo video is that you never have to install the software on your desktop and all you need is a web browser like Chrome to screen record and edit videos. The integrations and the video testimonials from Customers are just a BONUS!

Cons

Maybe the least like about the software are their notifications which shows INVALID LINKS (no links at all) whenever a customer sends a testimonial. Also the landing page for our video page is not that pleasing / not much customization.

Antonio L.

easy and fast videos for all kinds of things

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

is a very easy to use software, with which you can make videos quite entertaining. in my case, we have made some quick tutorial videos, and some scene shots of composers, with which and added how easy it is to share the material, we have received many views

Pros

1.- simple and easy to install.
2.- a very simple and pleasant environment.
3.- You can make and create videos from images and images. You can also record your video through webcam or make video editing to create something new.
4.- It has several effects that allow a more fun and unique touch.
5.- You can share your videos on social networks without any problem and easily.

Cons

1.- The amount of effects could be greater to provide more options for editing and decorating video.
2.- In some occasions I have had problems with the pages, which has frozen what I do not allow for working.
3.- You must use and have access to the internet, which can be harmful if you want to make a video and do not have internet in sight.

Gabriel S.

Hippo is EASY!

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

I would chose this over any and all major video editing software

Pros

Very easy to use! You actually can create and edit videos in just clicks of the mouse!

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of besides the fact that it is not free!

Gary F.

Hippo Video Complete Online Video Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

overall very easy to use

Pros

I like the amazing tools included in Hippo Video- everything I need to create an amazing video tutorial and for marketing purposes.

Cons

ability to change the shape of your video

Ramon H.

Completely brandable video marketing and costumer support sollution

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

- Getting as personal with the customer as possible without the need of live communication -> Informing extensively about services and building trust about the promised outcome
- Gathering video feedback and testimonials without any hassle for the costumer to set up his tools properly

Pros

- Brand your shared videos with a top bar logo, a player logo, favicon, page titel and your own domain
- Clean Google Chrome extension to easily start recording within seconds
- Guest recording: Send a link to a customer, via which he can record himself a video (testimonial, query etc.)
- Fast and customer feedback driven development of new features

Cons

- At the moment they need typically 15 - 20 days to set up the custom DNS for you so that you can use your custom domain
- The shared video pages offer commenting and emoji reaction features. You can only disable both simultaneously. For lot clients commenting would be useful, but emoji would be too playful

Vitaliy M.

Hippo Video has helped our company communicate in a visual way!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

We can easily communicate with a team, clients, customers. The videos can be edited in so many ways we even record training for new employees.

Pros

The interface. It is awesome and very user-friendly. The app is full of features that do not exist in another app. We used Loom, Cloudapp, but nothing comes to be so intuitive and well thought out as Hippo Video. The team, they are extremely responsive and fast to implement new features!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike, but improvement can be just a release of new awesome features for business world!

Michael H.

It's very powerful and I'm looking forward to implementing it more

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Overall pretty good so far. Looking to see if it will replace another tool I'm using.

Pros

Lots and lots and lots of features. It's amazing the things Hippo Video can do. It has tools that allow a library of videos to be customized on the fly.

Cons

It's a bit complicated to get set up and running because of all the features. I'm still figuring out ways to use it most effectively.

Zia ul M.

In-Cloud All in One Video Hosting, Sharing, Tracking & Editing Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Value of money, well organised interface.

Pros

I have been using Hippo Video Hosting and Editing Service for some time, I have found it very handy tool. Specially very easy editing tool without leaving the cloud. This have solved my problem of maintaining of different video tools and hosting services.

Support team is awesome, they are very responsive and accommodating.

Cons

If the video is about the size of 1 GB, then it takes some time for the video to reply and make it avaiable for editing.

Alain G.

Great potential and nice concept

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Pros

I love the guest recording feature. I think its great.

Cons

The platform seems very new with bugs and glitches that are being worked out

Marie W.

your own videos quickly and easily

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

1.- light interface that works without any problem.
2.- Easy to use environment, with just a few clicks you can create your own videos, whether personal, anecdotal, instructive or of the type that you want.
3.- You can create your videos either by recording or from images, you just have to choose what is most suited to you.
4.- words and phrases can be added without difficulty to the different videos.
5.- Share your videos in different social networks.
6.- It has flitros and incorporated effects, so you can give a more professional (and funny if you want) to your videos.

Cons

I have used hippovideo only a few times, but so far everything has worked very well. Maybe at the beginning it cost a bit of this to create videos, but with a few hours of use you can now make your videos without major problems.

Andrea K.

Best service I have ever bought

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Pros

It's easy to use and it made my Imagination explode.
Lead Generation with Hippo is absolutely fun!

Plus, being a Digital Nomad it helps me working remotely.
In a couple of seconds I can capture tons of lead by just using its marketing tools.

Cons

Nothing.
I honestly find it perfect.
Maybe some more effects and editing options would be great, but since I can just import video made with other programs so it's really no big deal.

Debjit B.

My favorite online basic video editor.

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

This web-based service eliminates my requirements of PC for small editing/correction of any premade projects. And if I create the whole project here I just need web browser work that's great for a traveler video editing which I am considering to do.
For this price point I definately go with it, the bandwidth is limited but you always update to another 3rd party software and overcome this limitation. I am very happy to use with this service and love to recomended my friends to use this.

Pros

Import videos from cloud, record screen, webcam or ip-camera to record your video and edit them on the go, options are unlimited. It helps me to update my animation video directly on YT. This eliminates all my needs of editing or just little touchups for videos. Import from g-drive import and edit and re-upload to YT. Cut, Copy, Crop very easily.
With export directly to my G drive it is easy for me to share screen capturing videos with client. Which is a grate features for me. 10 min video limitation is also more then enough for me.

Cons

You can only edit some basic, no effect they offer. You have to create your import and export video intro and outro.
For basic home video and sharing screen recording for tutorial is done with no problem, if you need more then then you have to look elsewhare.

Jennifer E.

Our experience has been great! Their executive has been responsive and attentive without being too much.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It's very very easy to use. I enjoy being able to record and share responses to help desk customers as well and view videos from my team here at the office on new features/ideas we need to discuss.

Cons

At times the quality is low/uploading is slow. This could have a few different problem sources, I'm still working out all of the kinks linked.

Mario K.

happy hippo with hippo video

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/29

its a 8 from 10

Pros

i like the handy structure, the easy way to use it and to discover the way - it can be used for sales increase

Cons

the set up, if changes needs to be done.

I'm using it to record my video on Youtube

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

First and foremost the best part about this tool is it's a web-based application so I don't need to store any big files on my 128GB Mac that is already struggling with storage. Secondly, I bought the lifetime deal of this tool on Siftery deal and I have been using it from like past 1 month at the time of writing this review and I think I won't be going anywhere else know

Cons

This is a pretty new tool compared to the other biggies in the market but that's okay knowing the team is working day and night to make it the best video recording tool in the market. I think I'm in safe hands while writing this review. I'll update if anything goes wrong anytime in the future.

Ritika S.

Very happy using Hippo video, it serves the purpose right & is easy to use. Recommend to everyone.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

I can create training videos easily & share along with analytics. The links are always alive & thus no issue of expiry. Crop feature & trim feature are also helpful.

Pros

It's very user friendly & does not require a lot of training or assistance. The support team is also very helpful & always available to solve issues or assist with queries. The tool is reasonably priced & offers a lot of features that help amateur users can use to create videos.

Cons

Wish it had the option to remove the Hippo branding in the video or add your own logo maybe. At times, corporate videos are shared across channels & using another companies' logo might confuse the end viewer as to who is the actual company.

Luis P.

Great app for screen presentations and video marketing

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I'm recording tons of videos for my school's Facebook page and for my students in order to teach them English. So far, they're working great!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how intuitive all the menus and options are. It's great to use the Chrome extension and to be able to edit the video once it's been captured. Also, their support team is really helpful, efficient and responsive.

Cons

The only thing I would improve is the ability to choose how and where to show the webcam recording square. It would be great to be able to move it, choose the size and shape, etc. I believe it's not possible to do so yet, or if it is, it's not readily available.

Nour K.

Good Option for Email Videos

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Good

Pros

Easy to use and good interface that can be accessed easily from your email.

Cons

the extra price for integrating my own domain

Useful When You Need It

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/29

It's decent, but I don't reach for it as much as I'd like. I've tried Bonjoro and Dubb. I'd rank it among the top three out there.

Pros

Interface is suitable for non-techies, though I prefer fly-out menus more than having to completely click a button to see options. I also appreciate the Chrome Gmail extension to make the process more seamless.

Cons

I hate its branding. Cartoon characters look very immature, and since the software puts its logo on your video pages, it can diminish a professional appearance. I also wish it had a native phone app...so the functionality can be extended for more on-demand, personal videos.

6.0/10
Benjamin C.

entertaining and effective videos with few steps

Reviewed on 2018/07/01

Pros

It has an excellent integration with other platforms like YouTube or facebook.
It is very easy to use, with just a few touches you can create very good videos with your cell phone.
brings video effects, which allows to make more enjoyable and entertaining any video, even the tutorials you want to make.

Cons

obviously, it does not have a long list of effects or so many editing procedures and sometimes it becomes somewhat slow (although perhaps it has more to do with my mobile than with other things)

Sean W.

Cool software, easy to use. Pricing limits features

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Hippo Video is easy to set up and use. Videos are easy to export and edit, as well as to manage and store.

Cons

The single user pricing and features is all I really need, however the video quality is limited to 720p for the lowest two tiers. I would need to double the monthly pricing to get the 1080p video quality.

Pocholo G.

HIPPO VIDEO FOR BEGINNERS

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/03

i want to learn more about hippo. please send me videos of how to use it and the finished videos

Pros

I actually don't maximize it yet but i guess i will use it now

Cons

nothing much so far i still don't know how this will help me

6.0/10