InStaff Reviews

InStaff

ESS & paystub delivery. Works with existing payroll software

4.6/5 (19 reviews)

Excellent product; a real time saver

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 11/23/2018

Using Instaff has significantly reduced time spent issuing & filing paystubs & T4s.
Historical information is stored in one place and easy to retrieve.
We have experienced notable savings on time, paper, storage & filing

Pros

the software is easy to use, errors are easily corrected & support from Instaff is readily available.

Cons

There is a time stamp in the history that doesn't match up to real time. I find that very puzzling.

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the kind words Karen! As for the timestamp issue, your account's timezone settings were not set up. We've fixed that for you so the timestamps should show correctly now.

The InStaff Team

User friendly

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

Very friendly user
Easy to follow steps
Easy to send invitations
Easy to upload pay documents
Simple

Cons

When uploading pay
Documents, need to
Refresh
It should be automatic
Rather than a need to refresh

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Hi Indu,

We appreciate your feedback. We've taken your suggestion and we're happy to say you no longer have to refresh the pay document upload page. It will automatically update the statuses once ready.

Thanks!

The InStaff Team

InStaff is Great for our Small Business

Reviewed on 5/21/2019

InStaff has been an excellent platform for helping us solve our paystub delivery dilemma. Being new to direct deposited payroll we did not have an efficient means of getting paystubs to our employees in a timely manner. We have only used the product for a couple of month's, but things are working well. We have gotten nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly. It is straightforward and easy to navigate. Users can manage their own password information, but administration can easily help out when the need arises.

Cons

We would like to see some formatting options for the email notifications. Options for Bold, Italics, and colors along with possibly a few font options would be nice in order to draw attention to certain points in the notification. It is customizable as far as wording, but nothing that draws your attention.

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the review Karen! We'll pass on the feedback regarding email formatting to our development team.

Excellent and easy to use

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

The ease of payroll process, no paper friendly for environment

Pros

The ease of use of the software and the support team is wonderful to deal with. The training was very easy, the implementation

Cons

There is no cons to speak of as it is al working well and implemented perfectly

InStaff makes employee document access simple

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

InStaff offers a great service that helps fill a gap that our current accounting software does not do; specifically it lets us put our employee paystubs, w2's, health plan information online for them to access as they want.

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload employee pay information and the ability to post documents like health plans, etc

Cons

I feel that the monthly cost is a bit high for our organization size.

The Instaff Portal provided the perfect solution for our organization.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Pros

InStaff has a few benefits that exceed any software that provides the same functionality. We love the scalability. We are very pleased with the cost for distributing Pay Stubs as it is document based rather than a fixed fee, The support and Implementation assistance we received was very fast and effective with virtually no implementation issues. This software and the Instaff Team has been a great experience for our Company.

Cons

We have nothing but positive things to say about the Instaff Portal... Since we discovered the Instaff Portal for Distributing our Paystubs, our employees have had no issues retrieving their Pay Stubs.

Great Product

Reviewed on 5/24/2019

The biggest benefit of InStaff is that once the documents are uploaded there is no time wasted having to resend payslips because employees deleted or can't find the original emails. The employees have access to their portal and all the information that they need without having to go through their employer and then through our firm.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is, it makes explaining to clients how to use the portal really straight forward and uploading documents is very easy . I also really appreciate the response time of the support staff. They answer within minutes and work very quickly.

Cons

So far I don't have any complaints about the software.

Instaff Customer Review

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

The overall experience using instaff for our paystubs needs has been a positive and was a good decision. In the short time we have been using the software we have not had any issues and have noticed changes made on their end that have improved the program on our end.

Pros

The Instaff Software that we currently utilize is very user friendly and easy to learn and navigate. And most importantly is saves our company valuable time mainly in administration and reducing lost production time.

Cons

If I had to pick something I would say occasionally the time some files take to upload/process can linger but this is usually resolved through a refresh.

Instaff Review

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

I no longer have print pay stubs and all that entails. We are saving on supplies and time. I love it!

Pros

It uploads quickly and there is very little lag time when inviting an employee.

Cons

So far I haven't had any problems which is great.

Excellent Customer service

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Provides a professional look and feel to this component of our firm's payroll service. This was the last piece to the puzzle that gives our firm the ability to offer a complete payroll service to our clients.

Pros

We really like that we can run our payrolls on our schedule, but have all the paystubs go out at a designated time in the future.
The support team at InStaff is very responsive.

Cons

Only one small issue, we have to reestablish a connection to QBO each payrun to update employees. Thankfully doesn't take long to do and appears to be an issue on the QBO side of the integration.

Love this program

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/17/2019

Pros

I like that any information that you need is right at your fingertips

Cons

I did not find anything that I didn't like about this software

Such a Time Saver

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Instaff is easy to use and saves a lot of time. Support is responsive and quick.

Pros

I can easily upload all of my pay documents to one secure please. Before I used to have to put a password on each one and email them.

Such a Time Saver!

Cons

I would like to be able to upload other documents aside from T4s and Pay stubs - For example: T2200 and ROEs

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the review Cathie! Someone will be reaching out to you regarding a possible solution for T2200s and ROEs

Awesome

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/18/2019

Pros

Easy, Efficient and good value. Provides a self service employee portal for my call center agents to view their paystubs, company policies and other pertinent information.

Cons

N/A-Provides me exactly what I need. No cons.

Great Product

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

InStaff has been great for publishing my employees paystubs, saves paper and saves time as before I was creating OneDrive accounts for all my employees and then uploading their paystubs to their accounts individually.

Pros

I love the ability to upload all my employees paystubs at once and have an easy place for them to login and view their paystubs and t4’s.

Cons

The program itself could use a bit of a face lift

Easy to use plat form

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

No longer need to email out paystubs one by one.

Pros

the ability to upload paystubs and not have to worry about distributing them via email or printed copies.

Cons

1) needs to manually sync employee list every time when there is a new employee added.
2) needs to manually upload paystubs on every payroll.
it would be great it everything is automatic.

Cover our need!

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Paystub portal for employees.

Pros

Great customer service, quick reply! Has all the features we needed fast. There's still some that I want to try in the futur.

Cons

Need some help to setup. Not user friendly, even for a power user. Could use a tutoral our highlight some common feature on top of the menu.

Awesome Program!

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

It’s been a great asset to our operations.

Pros

It’s easy to use and having one place for my employees to access their paystubs is perfect!

Cons

It could use a fresh look, it looks like a program made in the early 2000’s, updated colours, different font, just an overall smoother look would be nice!

Excellent Solution for Large Number of Employees

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Instaff is a great and efficient solution to our payroll record distribution needs. The function and end results are exactly what we were looking for in a system like this.

Pros

Our payroll consists of nearly 30 employees. Instaff takes away the work out of having to manually email or hand out paystubs to employees. It's also great for sending the numerous T4's at the beginning of the year.

Cons

The menus and interface aren't particularly intuitive. It takes some time to get used to where to find all the features that we need.

Instaff - software to have

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Pros

You save time cause dont d'ont have to print each paystubb of each employee. You dont be disturb every time by employere who want is paystubb.

Cons

At beginning, when we change accountant, i have difficulty to log into quickbook, we dont have the good autorisation, and i dont find any information about that. but i chat with customer service and we fix the problem :)