InStaff Reviews

InStaff

ESS & paystub delivery. Works with existing payroll software

4.7/5 (30 reviews)
Karen H.

Excellent product; a real time saver

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Using Instaff has significantly reduced time spent issuing & filing paystubs & T4s.
Historical information is stored in one place and easy to retrieve.
We have experienced notable savings on time, paper, storage & filing

Pros

the software is easy to use, errors are easily corrected & support from Instaff is readily available.

Cons

There is a time stamp in the history that doesn't match up to real time. I find that very puzzling.

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the kind words Karen! As for the timestamp issue, your account's timezone settings were not set up. We've fixed that for you so the timestamps should show correctly now.

The InStaff Team

Indu P.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

Very friendly user
Easy to follow steps
Easy to send invitations
Easy to upload pay documents
Simple

Cons

When uploading pay
Documents, need to
Refresh
It should be automatic
Rather than a need to refresh

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Hi Indu,

We appreciate your feedback. We've taken your suggestion and we're happy to say you no longer have to refresh the pay document upload page. It will automatically update the statuses once ready.

Thanks!

The InStaff Team

Orjon L.

Perfect business tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are using InStaff for our payroll. All our employees have access on the portal, they submit their timesheets, with details of hours, overtime, project, task, units ect. Our Project managers are controlling the timesheets and approving them. Accounting is second level of controlling and gives the final approve. All the timesheets are uploaded to the accounting program. Now we need the 1/3 of the process time for payroll

Pros

Easy to insert data, compatible with our accounting program

Cons

Can't find for the moment. We use this tool for more than a year now

Ryan P.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's been great! Any time I have an issue the support staff are very responsive and fix it right away for me.

Pros

How efficient and time saving it is. Just have to upload the paystubs and send a notification for the staff to let them know that there is a new document for them.

Cons

There really has not been anything to not like about this software.

Sue H.

Self Services

Reviewed on 2019/07/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For most part, it meets our business needs.

Pros

That employees can access their paystubs and T4 's & Releve 1

Cons

It would only upload 1 T4 and we have employees who have multiple T4

Lack of communication when it comes to an upgrade therefore it caused us issues when processing our bonus run.

Anna W.

Very pleased

Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used InStaff to securely deliver employee pay statements and other important documents to our employees.

Pros

This is a user-friendly software that has allowed us to deliver important information to our employees in a timely manner.

Cons

We had some difficulties figuring out the setup, but once that was in place, it was a breeze. The support we received was excellent.

Karen S.

InStaff is Great for our Small Business

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/21

InStaff has been an excellent platform for helping us solve our paystub delivery dilemma. Being new to direct deposited payroll we did not have an efficient means of getting paystubs to our employees in a timely manner. We have only used the product for a couple of month's, but things are working well. We have gotten nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly. It is straightforward and easy to navigate. Users can manage their own password information, but administration can easily help out when the need arises.

Cons

We would like to see some formatting options for the email notifications. Options for Bold, Italics, and colors along with possibly a few font options would be nice in order to draw attention to certain points in the notification. It is customizable as far as wording, but nothing that draws your attention.

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the review Karen! We'll pass on the feedback regarding email formatting to our development team.

Lynne A.

Best Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Couldn't have a better relationship. Everything promised was delivered and questions quickly answered.

Pros

Very friendly software. Easy to navigate.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever, have not experienced anything yet.

Trevor M.

Paystub Perfection

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/14

The staff are professional and know there stuff. Any issues I have had have been addressed extremely quickly.

Pros

This software is an absolute breeze to use. We were looking for a solution without breaking the bank or outsourcing our payroll function. InStaff provided a perfect solution that allowed us to stop printing out pay advice and upload them to the cloud for our employees to see their information on a self-serve basis.

Overall, this is the exact solution we were looking for, and its easier to use that I anticipated!

Cons

Nothing - its exactly what we needed. Couldn't have asked for a better solution.

Cindy C.

Great Resource for HR Communications

Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We post paystubs, year end tax statements, health insurance booklets, policy notices, etc. InStaff techs are very easy to talk to and make the changes that I need.

Pros

Easy to use. All employee communications in one location.

Cons

The monthly cost is a bit higher than we would like to pay.

Frank T.

Excellent and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

The ease of payroll process, no paper friendly for environment

Pros

The ease of use of the software and the support team is wonderful to deal with. The training was very easy, the implementation

Cons

There is no cons to speak of as it is al working well and implemented perfectly

Cynthia C.

First time payroll user

Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

was very easy to get set up. is a very helpful tool in our office . We have to add and delete employees sometimes weekly as we have union workers doing most of our work. .. the program is easy to edit and keep updated .

Cons

I really cannot find a thing i do not like with this .. yet anyway .. have been using it since the beginning of this year .

The Instaff Portal provided the perfect solution for our organization.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

InStaff has a few benefits that exceed any software that provides the same functionality. We love the scalability. We are very pleased with the cost for distributing Pay Stubs as it is document based rather than a fixed fee, The support and Implementation assistance we received was very fast and effective with virtually no implementation issues. This software and the Instaff Team has been a great experience for our Company.

Cons

We have nothing but positive things to say about the Instaff Portal... Since we discovered the Instaff Portal for Distributing our Paystubs, our employees have had no issues retrieving their Pay Stubs.

Jennifer G.

Good product

Reviewed on 2019/07/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Employees had T4s and paystubs all in one place. Didn't have to email everyone out individually. Was easy to use.

Cons

updating with new employees sometimes was a pain.

7.0/10
Megan K.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

The biggest benefit of InStaff is that once the documents are uploaded there is no time wasted having to resend payslips because employees deleted or can't find the original emails. The employees have access to their portal and all the information that they need without having to go through their employer and then through our firm.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is, it makes explaining to clients how to use the portal really straight forward and uploading documents is very easy . I also really appreciate the response time of the support staff. They answer within minutes and work very quickly.

Cons

So far I don't have any complaints about the software.

Ksenia B.

Instaff Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would say that now I have a very pleasant experience working with Instaff. It's been a while since I had any issues with the system

Pros

it's user friendly: easy to setup and operate

Cons

There had been multiple issues at the very beginning, such as the problem with parsing the paystubs

Shawn B.

Instaff Customer Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

The overall experience using instaff for our paystubs needs has been a positive and was a good decision. In the short time we have been using the software we have not had any issues and have noticed changes made on their end that have improved the program on our end.

Pros

The Instaff Software that we currently utilize is very user friendly and easy to learn and navigate. And most importantly is saves our company valuable time mainly in administration and reducing lost production time.

Cons

If I had to pick something I would say occasionally the time some files take to upload/process can linger but this is usually resolved through a refresh.

Denise B.

Instaff Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I no longer have print pay stubs and all that entails. We are saving on supplies and time. I love it!

Pros

It uploads quickly and there is very little lag time when inviting an employee.

Cons

So far I haven't had any problems which is great.

Katja R.

Great support

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Support staff was amazing in helping us getting set up. We are only using it for publishing paystubs and it works great for that

Cons

Initial trial with time keeping seemed a bit complicated

Tammy M.

Excellent Customer service

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Provides a professional look and feel to this component of our firm's payroll service. This was the last piece to the puzzle that gives our firm the ability to offer a complete payroll service to our clients.

Pros

We really like that we can run our payrolls on our schedule, but have all the paystubs go out at a designated time in the future.
The support team at InStaff is very responsive.

Cons

Only one small issue, we have to reestablish a connection to QBO each payrun to update employees. Thankfully doesn't take long to do and appears to be an issue on the QBO side of the integration.

Holly B.

Love this program

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

I like that any information that you need is right at your fingertips

Cons

I did not find anything that I didn't like about this software

Cathie H.

Such a Time Saver

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Instaff is easy to use and saves a lot of time. Support is responsive and quick.

Pros

I can easily upload all of my pay documents to one secure please. Before I used to have to put a password on each one and email them.

Such a Time Saver!

Cons

I would like to be able to upload other documents aside from T4s and Pay stubs - For example: T2200 and ROEs

Response from Hutility Integrated TechSystems

Thanks for the review Cathie! Someone will be reaching out to you regarding a possible solution for T2200s and ROEs

Cynthia G.

Awesome

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Easy, Efficient and good value. Provides a self service employee portal for my call center agents to view their paystubs, company policies and other pertinent information.

Cons

N/A-Provides me exactly what I need. No cons.

Ray M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

InStaff has been great for publishing my employees paystubs, saves paper and saves time as before I was creating OneDrive accounts for all my employees and then uploading their paystubs to their accounts individually.

Pros

I love the ability to upload all my employees paystubs at once and have an easy place for them to login and view their paystubs and t4’s.

Cons

The program itself could use a bit of a face lift

Camille D.

Eco-friendly, time saving, money saving!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

- You don't have to wait after your accountant to send you your pay stub anymore
-Everything is gathered at the same place: very useful and nothing to worry about anymore
-Eco-friendly (less paper) and money-saving (less paper, less ink, less sendings

Cons

Nothing to add, I'm totally satisfied with my experience so far!