AssetTiger

Free*, cloud-based fixed asset management tool

4,7
4,7
4,4
4,5
4,4
Brendan A.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Weak link in this software are the Asset tags

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

With over 5000 assets across multiple states it is essential that I print bar code Tags with custom non-consecutive numbers. This is not possible with Asset Tiger's labels.

Pros

The simple interface is awesome, easy to use, and user friendly. It does not take days or even hours to learn.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the ability to print asset tags as needed with non-consecutive numbers. After purchasing blank printable asset tags I find out that I can only print the same asset number on a sheet or a sheet of consecutive numbers. So if I have assets in a range of 50 - 75 and another 10 assets 200 - 210 I have to use two sheets of 50 tags ea. wasting 65 tags. Yes Asset Tiger can print custom numbers for you, but the turn around time is not workable.

One other Con worth mentioning is the ability to customize tables is limited. Not a big draw back, and defiantly not a show stopper.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jennifer S.
Industry: Construction

Exactly what we needed!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/11

We and our Tech Consultant, had looked at several other options, realizing that our out-dated method was leaving us at a severe disadvantage to produce any type of list for insurance or accounting purposes. We chose this, partially for the low cost (free- it's good and it's free!?!) While we aren't where we want to be with signing things out and returning them, yet, that is a goal also.

It's just such a great tool in itself, once we actually ordered the tags, it immediately became one of the best software packages I have ever used (I know what a floppy disc is, if that gives you any ideas...)

Pros

Ease of adding new units/assets. Depreciation reports- we can finally produce these in real time!

Cons

Would like to add more than one picture of an assett

Paul M.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A no brainer if you purchase asset tags - still worth it if you don't

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

We used to use an in-house inventory system that worked but was cumbersome. After trying AssetTiger, there was no going back. We quickly and easily imported all our assets, customized the database to add fields we needed and haven't regretted it since. Certainly worth considering and an automatic if you purchase asset tags anyhow.

Pros

Very powerful and flexible. The ability to add your own records to the database and create user access to certain assets based off fields is great. The "check out" feature is great in keeping track of who has an asset, when it should be returned and even notifies them. We use this for the entire District and currently have nearly 21000 records. Reporting is easy to customize. The cost is very reasonable and, if you purchase asset tags through them you get credits towards Asset Tiger. With the number of tags we've purchased in the last couple of years, we have yet to pay for Asset Tiger. Customer service is very respective to suggestions and quick to respond.

Cons

Search doesn't seem to allow wild cards which can be an issue if you type something incorrectly. For example, if searching for a description of "Chromebook" and you have an asset spelled "ChromeLook", searching for Chrome* would show the desired results. Also doesn't seem to handle Boolean expressions so you can search for Account A AND Account B. You have to do two separate searches.

Industry: Civil Engineering

I love AssetTiger. We bought asset tags and got this awesome software for free!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

Besides being free, what I really like about this offering is how packed with features it is. It is so customizable. I can set up any category I want and include some to show up only if I make certain choices. You can run and automate reports, set column order to your preferences, set specific roles for others and so much more. I got asset tags from myassettag.com and ended up with this wonderful software to support me after the purchase.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It functions well, is never down and support is good.

Don A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Finally a company who gets it!

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

I found this software not even looking for asset tracking software. I had long given up on that search and was looking for asset tags. I found asset tags along with them saying try our free cloud-based asset tracking software. I went in not expecting much, but was absolutely blown away by what I found. Now if old I had this 3 years ago...

Pros

Easy to setup, and import assets and users into. I had the initial import of users and assets done in less than 30 minutes, and most of that delay was due to me not having certain fields (description) filled in for some assets.

There is a difference between users and employees (i.e. not every employee needs a user login to this system).

Um, it's free!

Cons

I wish the scanner could be used to scan in other barcodes, like serial numbers for example. If that is possible, then I missed it.

Response from SmartSign

Thank you so much, Don! We're glad you found us. Keep an eye out for an app update in the near future with upgraded scanning capabilities.

Ed S.
Industry: Government Administration

AssetTiger is a very capable entry-level asset management tool.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

I was able to spin up an inventory collection process for an urgent project that would have taken much longer to build from scratch.

Pros

The user interface is clean, colorful and well organized. Most of the functions and features are presented intuitively in the menu system. The Smartphone app is excellent and has surprisingly fast and accurate 1D barcode scanning feature. Web site response time is also excellent and the default reports are very useful.

Cons

Asset searches have single-criterion AND parameters. Logic for "OR" and "NOT" are missing. Some tables are exportable, but no relational elements are provided (e.g. primary key). There is no backup function available. I would like the software more if it had a user-controlled backup/snapshot function and a way to export all of the tables, including keys so that the database could be reconstructed.

Nigel L.

Fantastic Software - Epic Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

So easy to use, fast inputting, predictive inputting, totally adjustable to my company's requirements. Super-fast customer service (email back about a technical matter in under 5 minutes). Great search functions. I have been looking for this type of software for so many years - and I am so happy I have found it in this company, it is exactly what I ned for the amount of equipment I have (Over 1000 items). I am using the software for tracking theatre lighting equipment and have adapted it to record my PAT testing and maintenance records. When my clients need a copy of my PAT test records - I can just print them off!

Cons

Very little, had a small problem updating company info at the start but that was soon sorted out by technical support in minutes.

Roger S.

This product is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

The user interface is good and easy to use. Has many nice reports. Like the fact that can set up read only users to give people access to look for assets but not change.

Cons

Would like to see a change log report of assets history, by date. Like the one they have now on maintenance history. Would be nice too if products marked disposed no longer show up in an audit.

Marrek L.
Industry: Construction

Easy to set up and easy to use with nice functionality

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

Very easy to setup users with an excel template. The app works great for new items with tags. You can scan the tag and then set it up right away on your phone when it's not already in the system.

Cons

I would like an easier way to check out and check in items. It just seems there are too many clicks to get to the check out option.

Mohammad R.

Awesome software!

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

Pros

I spent a lot of time looking for an assets management application. Finally, I found this great one, what is amazing, the first-rate asset management program that I ever found.
So much power in a free tool. Thank you so much, guys!!

Cons

The ability to edit all asset fields would be a lot easier if we could have the ability to do this.
Also, if there is an option to modify directly from the database or something such as excel where we could display all fields in one place, it will be awesome to edit multiple items from one screen.

Gilles T.
Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to use and fully customizable

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Pros

Free to use under 250 pieces of asset, very easy to use and customize to your needs.
You can create your own labels (I did QR Codes, printed with P-Touch) and it works great.
The mobile APP is simple to use.

We use AssetTiger to manage our shared tools and test equipments: we always know who's in possession of what.

Cons

Been using the tool since 2 months and I don't have a bad thing to say.

Chris S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent bit of software with excellent customer support

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Pros

1) Ease of use
2) Excellent customer support
3) Excellent value for money
4) Great array of reports

Cons

1) Does sometimes not allow you to upload data for no apparent reason, however customer support deal with this quick smart even on weekends and get you up and running
2) Can be slow to upload data

Corey B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Amazing! Does exactly what I need plus more.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Free control over equipment

Pros

Ability to add images of devices and signing in and out of devices works really well via the app.

Cons

Occasionally have a connection refused issue via the web browser and have to wait 30 mins before I can assess the page again.

Chris M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great small business application

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

AssetTiger is exactly the functionality we were seeking. Being a small business we couldn't afford paying $500-600/yr just to track our assets. With the quality tags we purchased from myassettag.com and the assettiger.com software I feel we have a good asset management solution.

Pros

This has the exact functionality we were looking. We wanted to track assets to the employees as well as capture price, purchase dates, and other pertinent information. I downloaded the mobile app and was able to pull up asset information by scanning our asset tags.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. We are a small company and initially on had 80 assets and 50 employees to enter.

Response from SmartSign

Thank you so much, Chris!

David H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Asset tiger

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/14

All assets and information in one place. Before everything was manually kept and no asset numbers. Asset tags ID numbers are great

Pros

This a great service for tracking inventory. All of the pertinent information in one place in the cloud. It’s great and easy to use.

Cons

I really have not found any cons. It works great with a pc, tablet and mobile device. Easy to use for a one location organization.

Ajayan N.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent software

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Tracking the asset, maintenance, keeping track of the locations became easy.

Pros

I was looking for such a software since long. It covers everything. I am just started using it. yet to get familiar with it. It takes care of A to Z of asset management.

Cons

It will be great, if check-in check-out using bar code scanner. Please add this feature.

Derrick J.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Amazing suite of tools for any IT Professional

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Ease of use when managing all assets within the company.

Pros

There are plenty of different options that allow for tracking and managing all assets very simple as well as customization to add any other fields you need to manage! I am in a complete cloud environment and needed an easy way to track all assets and software issued for a good price without the use of a server.

Cons

It may take you awhile to figure out where all of the different options are located but once you find them and remember where they are at, managing them is a breeze.

Robbin H.
Industry: Education Management

Improvements in a free program!?!?!? WOW

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

This program rocks. A single person can monitor thousands of items easily and financial and reporting features that will make you look like a tech genius. Thanks.

Pros

Ease of use, cost, reports and lookups

Kyle K.
Industry: Plastics

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

The system just makes sense. Easy interface. I wasted weeks trying other software, dealing with sales people, screwing with making my own excel sheets, and so on. We even contemplated having a simple web app made by our IT company.

Cons

There's really nothing worth stating. There's always details of software that individuals might want to change but this system does everything I need.

Nate S.

Had trouble navigating through the software.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

A lot of different features for a free asset tracking system, not super complex in terms of different features to try and find.

Cons

Ease of use definitely a difficult thing. In addition to that, lack of functionality. I understand it is a free software however, so I can't expect it to be full-blown.

Steve G.

Perfect Tool to Track our equipment

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Purchased your asset tags and once they were delivered, I found out about the software program to make it all come together. Perfect solution for me.

Response from SmartSign

Thanks for the review, we hope to keep this "Perfect tool" up to your high expectations. Enjoy both the tags and the tool.

Mike C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great so far

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/12/03

most feature filled asset manager that was free to use.

Pros

Has a free tier option. Simple to use overall. Can have multiple pictures for each asset. QR scanner in app

Cons

can feel cumbersome to get started. wish it had easier maintenance logging. asset report printing would also be great

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Darling G.

Easy to use and great for us

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Our entire company uses it Assettiger for our inventory. I'm very happy with this software because it's easy to use.

Graham D.
Industry: Biotechnology

Remarks Asset Tiger

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/12/31

On the bigger Side, it addressed 95% of my Issues ( These were Majorly Asset Location, Depreciation, Disposal) All this is what i needed to feed into my main accounting system

Pros

Ability to Add New Assets, Generate Monthly & Annual Depreciateation, Disposals and Computing gains on disposals

Cons

It can intergrate with my Financial software to post Journals in the system

Khaled A.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

ST

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

IT assets

Pros

simple, practical, easy, free,
simple, practical, easy, free,

Cons

only two levels, site/ location. we can't go deeper.