VADAR Systems

Municipal finance software & services

Kelli P.
  • Industry: Accounting

The ease of the integration has been key to keeping all the town's records balanced

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Makes my job so much easier

Pros

Integration and being on the cloud. It makes is so easy to access your data from anywhere and being the Town Accountant it is wonderful to able to access the tax collector information and tax title on my own to reconcile accounts.

Cons

I personally don't have a true Con, but our treasurer totally hates the cash book and it isn't user friendly and could really use an overhaul to be more treasurer user friendly.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you for your review, Kelli. It is a pleasure to serve you and your communities.

Jennifer B.

Accounting made easy for our small town

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

I love that the software is compatible with my colleague's needs as well. I can use the accounting to get my reporting done, and the collector can keep track of all our taxpayer's accounts. The best part is the customer service...the team at VADAR is GREAT!!!

Cons

We sometimes have to rely on the developers to help resolve problems, but they are super and can usually do what we need with little fuss.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you Jennifer, and thank you Boxborough for being highly valued customers.

Dorothy J.

It works, user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Fast, quick, efficient and reliable.

Pros

Customer Support is outstanding. Moving to the Cloud has made the use of the produce even more efficient.

Cons

I can honestly say after using this software for more than 18 years, it has been extremely reliable and certainly designed for the Municipal Market.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you, Dot. It has been a pleasure serving you all these years.

Del G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

it's not user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

nothing positive; it takes time to understand how it works, still trying to know the steps and it is too confusing

Cons

not user friendly, too confusing; takes a long time to know the process works, it takes time to understand how it works, still trying to know the steps and it is too confusing

Brian B.

Reliable, easy to use, some reporting would like more flexible and different options for...

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Ease of use. Going to areas of different functionality is common sense and intuitive. Easy to load files for online payments.

Cons

Reporting functionality could be more broad. Customer service is good however sometimes an issue is unresolved between local IT management and tech support thru Vadar due to communication obstacles.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you for your feedback, Brian. We can't wait to show you advanced reporting capabilities!

Mary L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Vadar is a very good product. I like that all the features "talk" to one another.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

I enjoy having Vadar on the Cloud. Ease of access and speed has increased significantly. I like the reporting capabilities in Vadar, and find them very useful for my EOY reporting. Overall Vadar is a great product, and I look forward to new changes and modifications of the system to help better streamline the reporting process.

Cons

Not enough trainings. There is so much I still do not know. It would be most beneficial if there were user trainings for AP, AR, JE, budgeting, and to go over some of the other features in Vadar.
I also dislike setting up links, wish there was an auto feature some how.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you Mary, it's a sincere pleasure serving you and the town. Please call (877) 823-2700 to request a refresher any time.

Heather B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

We have had a fairly good experience with VADAR.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

It is customized for Massachusetts. It is intuitive and instructional on how to proceed with complicated processes.

Pros

I like that this software only has what we need and that we are not paying for more than what we are going to use. I also love that the software is geared to Massachusetts and has many functions built in to provide for efficiency of annual state reporting.

Cons

The reporting features make it very difficult for non-financial managers to understand the reports. The way the lines are clumped together also makes it challenging to figure out which line goes with which numbers.

Response from VADAR Systems

Thank you Heather, it's a sincere pleasure to serve you. We'll reach out to share mid-process reporting and report formatting.