SOAP Vault Reviews

SOAP Vault

Practice management software for massage therapists

4.6/5 (91 reviews)
Janet elise L.

Amazing! I got this soap notes system for my massage therapy practice and haven't looked back!

Reviewed on 2017/07/23

I have no need for an intense physical filing system, so far! And as my business grows and I add practitioners, it will be easier to provide tablets rather than store endless reams of paper!

Pros

The recently added ability to attach files has been a huge bonus, as my regulatory requires certain documents to be linked with EVERY clients chart note.

Being able to draw on images was probably one of my favourite updates as well.

I love how fast the responses are of the help centre as well. Great customer service. Keeping everything digital has been made almost flawless with SOAPvault!

Cons

The inability to create my own fields on my health intake forms is a little limiting, as regulatory bodies for healthcare professions differ in their requirements province to province. I have had to find creative work arounds for the combination of having public healthcare and private, while only having a field for private insurance information.

More importantly, while it's easy to track how much money I bring in overall, I can't use soapvault to track how much of each treatment was paid by insurance and how much was cash/debit/credit. I only have a 'treatment paid by' and 'cost of treatment' option for my invoice. After working as a medical office assistant, I've found I much prefer a more detailed method of invoicing/inputting payment types, so I have a record of payment and insurance billing in one place. The SOAPvault lack of options regarding payment/insurance billing makes it difficult if my clients need to submit their invoice with amounts already paid to a secondary/spousal insurance coverage plan. This impacts my business especially because to gain and retain clients I am set up for direct billing with insurance companies.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. Please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] for additional questions to be added to the initial intake. We add more questions regularly, which are off by default. We're working on a complete revamp to the financial tracking part of SOAP Vault which will resolve your concerns about tracking payments. I hope that the 0/5 stars for Customer Support was just a mistake :)

Sarah A.

Overall this is a great online program for charting and scheduling with attentive customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

This programming offered the chance to switch to an easy paperless and all in one place online charting and scheduling improvement. It also makes reminders for clients who have not been seen in 3, 6 and 12 months easier and keeping track of client Birthdays. It has also made receipt issuing easier now that it is paperless and generated automatically by the program.

Pros

Great things about this program are

>Birthday Reminders
>3, 6 and 12 month reminders since you have seen a client
>Ease of use of the calendar
>Love that a "break" can now be added in which can also be used for personal appointment so as not to over lap if deciding to extend a schedule
>Dashboard is easy to use and navigate
>The addition of "Clinic Policy and Terms" was a huge improvement and makes a big difference in our practice for legality and CMTO standards
>Clinic Analytics is an interesting feature to have and gives some overview sight of the clinics business and client trends

Cons

My biggest disappointment is that there has still not been a change to the HST function in the accounting that I have mentioned to your team. Because you do not have the option to input the price amount along with HST the only choice is to pick a percentage for the HST and the program automatically rounds it up. As the price becomes inconvenient. I cannot use the entire financial side that is offered in this program. Instead, our receipts are issued for the price and it says "no HST" to get around this. I would still love to see a change made to this to have the option to input the prices manually to be able to make use of the financial portion offered in this program.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for your feedback on the penny rounding dilemma, we're aware of it, we hope to solve it soon!

Stephanie D.

For the most part I like Soapvault, it's much easier for me to take soapnotes.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Less paperwork for me to fill out, saves time for me which is important. Clients provide more health information when they don't feel pressed for time, so I am able to provide better service for them and communication improves.

Pros

At one point I worked in multiple locations, so not having to carry around paperwork was nice.
Many clients appreciate being able to fill out the forms online, especially if they have complicated health problems that would take up time from their treatment if they filled it out in my office.
Hippa compliance was a must and this has that.

Cons

It's kind of bloated for the average therapist. I use different services for bookkeeping and fee proccessing, so it feels like I'm paying for things I will never use. I would like to use the online booking, however clients have no choice but to make accounts, which adds time and confusion to the process, and the steps to book online are more confusing than other online booking services, so I don't use that either. (for example, the color coded spots for morning and afternoon appointments is unnecessary). It would be nice if there was a less expensive choice for therapists who use Soapvault only for soapnotes.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback and great ideas Stephanie! I'll pass them to the Product Team!

7.0/10
Katrina S.

Great system to use for the day to day running of my clinic

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Everything.

Pros

It has everything I need and works great. The online booking system has saved me a huge amount of admin time and being able to have all of my notes for every client in one place with their treatment history and receipts that get sent out once completing soap notes is great. The way the notes are set out so that it is easy to see what areas of the body have had treatment and pain makes it great when dealing with a high turn over of clients. My time spent doing notes has halved using Soap Vault as being able to select areas on a body and add treatments ect and notes specific to the area make everything so simple. Also the customer service team are amazing - they are always very helpful and look into any issues as soon as they can (within 24 hours normally - I am in New Zealand so there is a huge time difference and this is a great response time for being international). The team are also always making improvements to the system and are happy to take on any feedback about things that may work better as a customer or new ideas).

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to track memberships for each client. This isn't a big deal though but would be a nice addition.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback, memberships are coming!

Rochelle H.

Soap Vault allows me to easily manage my day while running a business. Love this!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

It keeps my life organized as both a user and business owner!

Pros

A lot!
1) How user friendly this is.
2) Amazing customer support and "personalized" emails re: updates.
3) Clients absolutely LOVE the online booking!
4) The reminders for upcoming appointments via email and text are very beneficial.
5) I love that we can do email marketing.
6) I don't use the Add-Ons yet but am grateful to have that option.

Cons

The one thing - which is minor - is when on the mobile app and I'm setting my personal time, I don't like that I have to "scroll" to set the duration. I'd rather type in the time (mins., hours, etc.). It's just not as functional as I'd personally like as there is more room for error.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along to our Product Team, good ideas!

Monica P.

Easy format to use and very thorough intake form

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

What I really love is that notes can be done from anywhere which makes it very convenient for me if I don't have a chance to complete them right after seeing the patient.

Cons

One thing I would like to see changed is the ability to alter or even delete a note. I accidentally put a duplicate note for a patient and there is no way to remove it. I would also like to have the ability to print all soap notes in a single report, rather than having to do each individually.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for your feedback. You can delete SOAP notes, please see this article: https://soapvault.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201303014-How-do-it-delete-or-remove-a-SOAP-note-

You can print all SOAP notes at once, please see this article: https://soapvault.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201307860-How-do-I-print-all-SOAP-notes-for-a-patient-

Crystal M.

I teach business at a massage therapy school, and I always recommend SOAP Vault!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

I love how seamless it is. When I initially entered the clients information, and their first soap note, I love that I don't have to re-create the wheel every time. I also really like the automatic client notifications. This program saves a lot of time in the office for me.

Cons

I have a lot of reoccurring clients, but they don't happen weekly. Some are every other week, some are every three weeks, I wish that there were a way that I could customize the frequency of reoccurring appointments.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. You can customize the frequency of repeating appointments. You can define how often (eg: every 3 weeks) and for how many occurrences (eg: until 10 occurrences). If you need any help setting this up, just email us at [email protected] for help.

Melissa P.

I LOVE soapvault! The appointment reminders, and the online intake form are so worth.

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Soapvault saves a lot of time for me and my clients. The online health history form is the major benefit; the client can take their time filling it out at home, or where ever, which means you get more information up front, usually.
The appointment reminders, are extremely handy! Its like having a part time receptionist making those reminder calls for you.
The biggest benefit is the price. I only work part time, so my income is very low. The price of this software is affordable, which is why I chose to use it. If it were more expensive, I wouldn't bother.
Overall, I am very satisfied with this product. Thank you soapvault!

Pros

The online intake form, appt. reminders. The time that it saves me when my client arrives (not having to wait for them to fill out the form). Also, that saves paper! YAY!

Cons

How long it takes to get a receipt printed. It would be nice not to have to go through creating a soap note first, but I don't know how to make that better.
There could be a homecare section, and also a "next treatment" section. I think those would be helpful.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for your feedback. We are developing a better financial tracking solution.

Stephanie P.

They are constantly making improvements and are quick to respond to requests & help.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Ease of completing treatments notes at home after work.
Better prepared for new clients with having their health history filled out online ahead of time.
Email automated reminders greatly reduce the number of last minute cancellations and no shows.

Pros

As a Massage Therapist I love having the health history intake online. It allows me to better prepare for the initial assessment with my client.
I also love the automated email reminders, it drastically reduced no shows or last minute cancellations.

Cons

It is not fully customizable especially with 2 practitioners with 2 available locations.
Automated emails are sometimes not sent. (Helpdesk always fixes issues reported)
Would like to see online signature options for clients to sign documents.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback!

Ayanna M.

Overall the soap vault experience has been excellent. Easier use of platform over time.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Easy to use review questionnaire

Pros

Easy to fill in credentials
Professional looking receipts
Financial reports have made my life easy!

Cons

No syncing of my Google calendar to Soap Vault calendar and vice versa. I would like to see more ease on setting up online bookings and particular in building in transition times bw massages

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. One-way-sync (SOAP Vault Calendar to Google Calendar) is available. See this link: https://soapvault.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204365534-How-to-connect-your-External-Calendar-Google-Calendar-iCal-Outlook-etc-

Two-way-sync (Google Calendar to SOAP Vault) will be supported in the future.

5.0/10
Doris G.

very easy to use, can get professional printouts..very happy

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

ease of use -- i love the draw feature as I can draw more specifically problem areas -- I'm still getting used to it, so my drawings aren't that great yet. i love how this software keeps me legal with recordkeeping requirements and i don't have to have files and tons of paper records

Pros

I like that I can send (and resend) the intake form to my clients ahead of their appointment: i love the draw feature, although i am still getting used to it! i like mostly that it is safe and i don't worry about private information being used for any other purpose. i like that I can offer suggestions and they are implemented, if deemed viable enough

Cons

The only thing i can say i "don't like" is the appintment, reminder, etc. part but only because I don't use it. my clients are not computer savvy for the most part (sometimes I even have to pursue just getting the intake form done!) but this is really an unfair "dislike"

Response from SOAP Vault

Thank you Doris for the feedback, and your kind "dislike" :)

Piper C.

Absolutely Great Customer service and love the professional look of the system!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

Soap Vault is easy to use and looks very professional. The customer service is top notch. If you have a request or need an adaptation they are always willing to hear your ideas and make it better for you.

Cons

Would love to be able to embed into my own website rather than having a book now link button. And wish I could remove the charge rates or make them variable instead of one set price.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. You actually can embed SOAP Vault into your website and set variable rates. Please email us at [email protected] and we'll walk you through it.

Robin H.

Soap vault is easy to use, easy to access for my patients, and has streamlined bookings.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

I gained online booking, paperless charting, email reminders for patients of their appointments and digital intake forms. All super useful and my patients love it.

Pros

I like the online booking, It's easy to use and the patients really like it. I like the email notifications both for myself and my patients. I like that the chart notes are saved to the cloud, and secure, and that I don't have to sort through paper files anymore.

Cons

I wish Soap vault would offer a domain service for their online "book now" button. As it is, I have to purchase my web domain and hosting elsewhere, just to put the "book now" button on it. It's a hassle and costs me extra.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback! Your suggestions will be passed to our Product Team!

Erin H.

Overall positive, good note-taking option.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Secure cloud storage, governing body compliant, easy client communication

Pros

Organisation, client communication, multi-level diagrams

Cons

I want to be able to copy & paste pins, and to have the pins in one record carried forward to a subsequent treatment, and be modifiable

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. You can already duplicate previous notes, just see here:

You can also edit tags (including drag and drop existing tags), just see here:

Tamara D.

I feel taken care of, both by the customer service and the site.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Saves me time on charting.
Schedule is always accessible.
Files are stored .
Less waiting time when a new patient comes in with health history already completed.

Pros

Its mobile and easy to learn! Customer service is always there to help and suggestions are heard and put into effect.

Cons

There isn't a bit enough space after putting in availability to click and add an apt. (I always end up hitting my availabilty). Once an apt is in the space to add another widens.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along to our Product Team for improvment to the calendar's user interface.

Stephanie L.

I love soap notes it's a great time saver

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Great for time management and very organized program

Pros

I love the schedule and the drag feature for appointments so when a client calls and wants to change either the length or time of there appointment I can make the changes quickly

Cons

I hate having to remove availability slots that appear when I delete an appointment because when I try to book someone else if there's an availability time slot I can't book in it with a different timeframe

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have our Product Team look at that scenario for improvment.

Jamie L.

Very easy to use, and easy on my hands after a long day at work!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

How easily accessible it is. All you need is a device with data/wifi and you can access your charts. I also LOVE how easy it is to type compared to hand writing notes; after a long day at work when I had paper notes my hand would be exhausted and it was almost difficult to write. I don't have that issue with soapvault!

Cons

I just sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of something negative and am unable to come up with anything. Any little thing I had an issue with, or thought would be a good idea, I messaged the admin and they would respond right away with a positive attitude!

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback!

Susan T.

I have been using this software for many years and it only gets better!

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Ease in storing and cataloging patient charts

Pros

Th multiple tags and drawing functions are easy to use and the duplicate soap note make charting an ongoing client a breeze!

Cons

by the end of our work day, the connection to your server seems to lag and edits and tags get held up I often have to return to a chart note the next morning to finalize it

Response from SOAP Vault

Our speed/latency has improved a lot since 2017, hopefully you're not still having this problem. But if you are, just let us know, we'll get to the bottom of it.

Geraldyn S.

There have been many updates

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Ease of use and getting away from paper charting.

Pros

The text messaging reminders for my clients as well as the ease of inputting data. I enjoy the duplicate option also.

Cons

The preprogrammed services always start at 30 minutes when it used to just drop down. I like to choose how long the service is and used to just select the time frame. I loved how it used to do that.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. Please email us at [email protected] and we can help you with your service setup.

Stephanie S.

SOAPVault is an awesome software for my massage business needs!

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Everything! At a cost effective price. It's the best value compared to many other software companies

Pros

It is cost effective for my business and extremely user friendly. It provides all the options that I need and they are always improving their system.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. I appreciate the upgrades but I would like it to continue to be very user friendly. Sometimes programs begin to get complicated with too many options. I also wish my association (MTAS) would get on board with SOAPvault so that I could receive additional savings.

Response from SOAP Vault

We're working hard to both add features and simplify, thanks for the feedback!

Lisa W.

It is easy to use and I love the calendar scheduler for clients.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

user friendly, paperless intake forms and always updating. I like the fact they keep making changes to the intake form. My clients love that they don't have to show up early to fill out paperwork.

Cons

there are not different location options. I currently use full slate becuase it allows my clients to book on line no matter what location i'm at.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. Clinic Locations are on the development list!

Kathryn H.

I love having a software like this for my massage therapy and myofascial release therapy business.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

Really helps me keep track of my growing client list... as it is difficult to remember what the session was like from week to week...
I like the ability to tag on body what the issues are.. but I wish I could write in my own words.. as, I use myofascial release therapy and I like to note where I felt tissue was solidified etc.. I have to note it in secondary notes which works, but wish I didn't have to do the extra step.

Cons

A major issue I recently encountered is updating my draft soap notes to finalized soap notes. As I entered finalized information on the sessions and then clicked finalize,,, I did not realize that the system had removed the session date!!!! Now I have a bunch of finalized soap notes for July1st!!! I don't know how I will figure out which sessions were on what dates.. ugh....

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to help you through a support ticket, just email us at [email protected]

Kristen G.

I love SOAP Vault for my massage practice, but I wish it integrated with more complementary systems!

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive the program is. It's easy to train my staff and the ability to duplicate notes saves tons of time! I love the receipts for medical massage procedures.

Cons

I wish there were more integrations with other software. I have been using Vagaro for 7 years because it is my calendar, inventory, POS, client database, etc. If SOAP Vault could marry Vagaro, it would be a match made in heaven and the answer to my prayers! Right now I use SOAP Vault ONLY for notes. Its a shame to pay for all the features I don't use!

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback!

James C.

Great value and great function. Really like the constant upgrades and improvements

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

The email reminders for patients appointments is a great feature. The ease of use for the charting and calendar is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to see patient account balance added to the system. It would be nice to see the method of payment.
Sometimes I overlap patients so having a calendar that could easily show that would be handy.

Response from SOAP Vault

Thanks for the feedback. Patient payments are in development.

Christina A.

Saves so much on paperwork! My clients love how easy it is to fill out and submit. Very professional

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

Soap Vault is so easy to edit the intake form, tailoring it to my practice. Knowing it is hosted on a secure server is very reassuring. I also love how the soap notes stay saved until you go back and finalize. Many times I don't have time between appointments to finish the notes but can go back later that day and finish.

Cons

Unable to delete the "identify as" in the set box. It should be my choice, as the consumer. Customer service was very rude when I requested this option.

Response from SOAP Vault

Sorry for the Customer Service experience, we'll work on that!