Plaid

Platform that enables apps to connect with bank accounts

Joseph
Joseph
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Agrxis Review on Plaid

Reviewed on 2023/05/22

I have found Plaid to be an outstanding platform overall, and it has considerably improved my ability to manage my finances. It is tremendously straightforward to view and evaluate my financial data in real time because to the smooth interface with numerous financial institutions. My time and effort have been greatly reduced by how simple it was to link my bank accounts, credit cards, and other financial accounts. I've been able to obtain a deeper understanding of my spending habits and make wiser financial decisions because to Plaid's thorough transaction information and classification. Additionally, I have peace of mind knowing that Plaid has put in place strong security measures to protect my data. A great user experience is also aided by the user-friendly interface and intuitive design.

Pros

I have been amazed by Plaid's powerful and dependable financial data connection capabilities. As a result of the platform's smooth interaction with numerous financial institutions, I can quickly get and examine banking data. Real-time data access, which offers accurate and up-to-date insights into my financial activity, is one of the features I value most. I feel secure knowing that my financial information is secure because to Plaid's security safeguards. In addition, integrating Plaid into my own applications has been a breeze thanks to the developer-friendly APIs and documentation. The Plaid support staff has been accommodating and supportive, swiftly responding to any questions or concerns.

Cons

Although Plaid offers useful capabilities for integrating financial data, there have been a few elements that I haven't found to be as positive in my experience. The data I got from several financial organizations occasionally had inconsistencies, which was one of my problems. To make sure the information was accurate and consistent, more work was needed. The provision of support for a wider range of foreign banks and financial institutions is another area that may be enhanced. As a foreign user, I discovered that Plaid did not support all of the institutions I work with, which constrained the extent of data integration.

David
David

Plaid is the only game in town for connecting to any financial service

Reviewed on 2021/06/05

We use Plaid to check bank balances and to accept ACH payments. It works great for both purposes. ...

Be aware that some financial platforms (banks) are hostile to Plaid (to the extent of suing Plaid) and have sporadic availability.

Some platforms have an arrangement with Plaid that requires you to complete additional documentation steps, like sharing your security policies and business information. Presumably, you get more reliable integration in exchange.

For our use case, the cost of Plaid is trivial, but to accept ACH payments, Plaid integrates with Stripe, which does charge a fee for the actual payment.

Bottom line, no other service can offer what Plaid can, so if you want your customers to connect to their financial institution to your product, Plaid is your only option.

Pros

Plaid is relatively easy to setup and use. The API documentation is great and API credential setup is easy. The SDK supports all common platforms, and rich code samples are provided.

Cons

Getting approved for production access was a paid. The support team ignored requests. We had to create a second account, which was finally approved. Why this was needed is a mystery.

Plaid will push an expensive monthly plan, but it's not needed for sporadic access.

DJ
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

WaveApps.com reliance on Plaid a horrible decision!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

WaveApps is slowly committing suicide by using Plaid as it is currently supported.

Pros

Nothing, really... That's the point of this review.

Cons

Account connections with mainstream institutions like AMEX regularly break. The connection must be deleted and recreated each time there is a problem. Kind of defeats the purpose of an automated link.

Connections to smaller institutions or banks don't stand a chance with Plaid. Reported problems don't get rectified presumably based on the biggest "squeaky wheel" institution getting priority. Ever since WaveApps converted to Plaid, I must do a manual bank upload to Wave to update my accounts. Again, kind of defeats the purpose of an automated link, don't you think.

Steve
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for importing customer data

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

Pros

Plaid was easy to implement and import data from multiple sources in one format.

Cons

Some of the connections have issues and some institutions are not supported.

John

Makes setting up your banking much easier

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

Overall, this is a brilliant tool that makes your life way easier. On your end, there is nothing you have to do beyond type in your banking information. Plaid handles the rest and your banking is now connected the financial tools you use. If your financial tools mention that you connect your bank with "Plaid," but you have not done so because you are unsure what is all involved, have no fear. The process takes less than a couple of minutes and is secure.

Pros

- easy to use- doesn't cost you any money

Cons

Not every bank in the world is listed (but most are)

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

A fantastic partner for development integrations that is quick and secure

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

Pros

When conducting business with your business, Plaid is a safe and secure solution for your consumers to verify their financial details. It features a user-friendly interface for both myself and my clients. Each issue we initiate with Plaid's support staff receives prompt attention, and they take the time to clarify faults and provide solutions. They consistently follow up to make sure that the problems of our users have been fixed and see cases through to completion.

Cons

Sometimes it takes months to remedy a problem. By the time a user's issue is rectified, they may have given up and terminated their accounts. Plaid provides a wide range of features, many of which small company owners won't require. This gives the setup procedure a more difficult than necessary appearance. Keep your APIs straightforward, and you won't experience any headaches.

Marcie

Most useful app I have seen in a long time.

Reviewed on 2023/12/03

Pros

Plaid provides a valuable & necessary Service. Plaid gives me the ability to connect my financial accounts with different apps which in turn makes me managing my finances a breeze and saves me a ton of time. Their security features allow me to feel confident that my financial information is safe in this online environment.

Cons

The only con I have come across using Plaid is that some smaller financial institutions i.e. local banks, small credit Unions are not included in their system. I would like to see more institutions included. As well a broader range, investing apps such as Public or Plynk for example.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Best app to use to connect your bank accounts

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

My overall experience was great I use it to pay my bills and when I’m playing games I can use plaid to log in and make a purchase. It’s very convenient

Pros

I like that you can connect your PayPal account ti have a more secure way to pay for things over the internet. You can also connect your bank account ir other credit cards.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is that it doesn’t accept all debit cards as form of payment.

Kerby
Kerby
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Great i love this product.

Great i love this product.

Pros

Very fast and very accurate. Saves a lot of time verifying bank accounts.

Cons

I really wish they had an app. So when you're out of the office you can still check.

Brittany

It's okay

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

Pros

Makes it easy and safe to sign into my bank account through other sites.

Cons

ALOT of the time it does not recognize my bank n that kinda sucks.

• Industry: Insurance

Helps you to Connect to your Accounts

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

Pros

It allows me to connect all my accounts to Sofi so I can track all my financial accounts in one place. Also allows me to my fast and easy transactions from my bank account.

Cons

I worry about the security of the platform because of the ease of use and the number of accounts I have connected to it

Erin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Instant banking access

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Pros

I so love the Plaid software it makes it so easy to login directly to your online banking account. It has several online banking services listed to enter any of your accounts. Makes it so you dont have to always enter your card number and information makes it feel a little more secure.

Cons

There is not absolutely one negative down fall to this software. I applaud the creator of this software.

Melissa
Melissa
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Plethora of financial groups

Reviewed on 2021/07/12

Plaid is great. I wish more options/places were listed & some already listed to be more detailed so that you don't accidentally go to the wrong login. More options/places are added constantly so its hard to complain about an app that is constantly trying to improve

Pros

I like how it recognizes the different needs & requirements each individual financial group/bank expects. Some simply need login information while others demand more details. Either way, Plaid requires that extra level of security to be sure & safe which helps release any worry about identity theft in my opinion

Cons

While Plaid lists tons of different banks & financial institutions its also missing a good number of them too. Not just by their doing but by the intended group & their exoectations

Thanks to Plaid I can do transaction between my accounts quickly and flawlessly!

Reviewed on 2022/09/23

I am pleased to have smooth transaction processes without unnecessary wait periods! Thanks, Plaid!

Pros

Fast, secure authentication process, good feedback flow.

Cons

No cons. I have not found anything negative up to this point.

Carly
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Saves so much time not having to collect voided checks

Reviewed on 2022/03/09

Pros

This has been a lifesaver! An incredibly easy way for my team to verify bank accounts without having to have a voided check on file. Easy for our customers, easy for our team! Win win!

Cons

Sometimes the Account Owner name would get logged incorrectly as just the type of account, instead of the person's or business name.

Virginia
Virginia
  • Industry: Accounting

Time consuming, glitchy, repetitive

Reviewed on 2023/12/15

As a solo traveler for the past month, Plaid has been required on all Airbnb experiences I've booked. Despite being logged into the same account, on the same computer, without having ever cleared my cookies or history during this time, I've been required to reauthenticate my info by linking up my account to Wells Fargo each and every time I book. It would be annoying enough already, but then it doesn't even work half the time: crashes the tab, stalls, and you're left staring at the screen wondering if you should close the tab and start over or...? Gah! Airbnb used to have a regular check-out process with normal credit card processing. I wonder why on earth this Plaid nightmare is needed? Someone explain it to me. I have resorted to searching Airbnb for unique experiences, and then when I'm ready to book, I copy & paste the title into Google just in case I can book it on literally ANY other platform that doesn't use Plaid. What did we do to deserve this torture, Airbnb? Haven't we been good to you? Why such punishment for our loyalty to you! :(

Pros

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Cons

Lagging, crashing, stalling, slow, redundant, repetitive, exhausting

Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Banking

My review

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

I realized it’s easier to do plaid instead of typing all your info in manually

I realized it’s easier to do plaid instead of typing all your info in manually

Pros

I love that it automatically connects to your bank account to other apps

Cons

Sometimes it messes up and won’t connect

Santino
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

PLaid Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/28

Pros

Plaid was very easy to set up and navigate.

The ability to connect paypal accounts makes the platform even more efficient.

Cons

Having an app would make it much easier to manage resources on the go.

Adeel
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Plaid a Bank Account Verification Software

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

I'm very satisfied with their services, they are fast, invovative and reliable by all means.

Pros

They provide wide range of apis to fulfill all of your requirements, like Bank verification facility for ACH payments, they help you see bank account transactions, balances, identities and many more. They are beginners of inventing this facility, and they are leading in provision of electronic financial services, I recommend them because I have done 20+ integrations for my clients, and they all are happy.

Cons

They are very restricted in verification process, but it is something they need to do, because of senstivity of operations.
I felt difficulty while integrating some features as a developer.

Brett
  • Industry: Entertainment

Use many Apps that use Plaid's services

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

Unless you pay attention you wouldn't even know they are involved. Seamless, makes connecting bank accounts to apps (banking /money apps etc) much simpler.

Cons

On occasion connections can randomly not work. Rarely an issue for more than a day.

Tiffany

My Review for Plaid

Reviewed on 2022/04/16

Pros

Instantly connects banks, is used for most platforms

Cons

malfunctions sometimes, doesn't allow manual input of routing/account numbers

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I could live without plaid

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

I think this platform wax that form wax a lot I think it needs to have an easier way to find your and verify your account and I think that as mainstream as one time yousing prepaID Cards and accounts are coming that it shouldn't include those 2 what are you what have you got I know you've got a vape I can smell the damn thing strawberries it's that pink vape isn't it

Pros

The only thing good about plot is that you might be able to verify your bank maybe

Cons

I think plad should include all money moving services not just the ones that they choose

• Used for 6-12 months

Very slick!

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

We've had some bugs getting WooCommerce Subscriptions to be authorized for renewal payments, but that might not be an issue with Plaid specifically.

Pros

I love the interface of a pop-up window that allows the user to log in to their online banking, select the account, and use that to complete an online payment.

Cons

It's crazy expensive if you are doing much more than testing (for a small business like us). It would make sense though as they don't charge per transaction (I think, it's a been a while since I looked at their pricing page).

Maxwell

Works so well and is trusted

Reviewed on 2022/12/05

Pros

It is a secure way to link my bank accounts with financial services.

Cons

Sometimes I have to link an account twice, but that's okay.

DaShawn
DaShawn
  • Industry: Wholesale

Banking Norm!

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

Overall, Plaid is the the norm when using the internet to connect any account to your bank account.

Pros

Plaid has been a trusted & safe way to connect your bank accounts to each other or to connecting you bank to some app. Practically every app I use that requires linking a bank account will use Plaid to do so.

Cons

Kinda sucks that some Online Banking Apps with prepaid cards (Dave, CashApp/Sutton, PayPal, etc..) is unable to use Plaid’s services.