Teachworks

Online business management for educators, tutors & trainers

Jill T.

Overall Positive

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It is cost effective and really alleviates organizational issues when scheduling clients.

Pros

I like that this company provides a feedback / review page; however, I think it's strange they base the priority of each review by votes from customers.

Cons

The software makes it difficult to fully use it's customer access feature. We use Teachworks for scheduling appointments and it would be nice to allow out clients to login; however, we have not found a way to disable our clients from seeing other client's appointments and that crosses our confidentiality for them.

Response from Teachworks

Thanks for your review, Jill!

Client user accounts only display the client's own lessons and information; however, for non-lesson events when you set the audience to "Everyone" or "Families & Students" those events will be visible on all clients' calendars.

You can contact our support team and we'll be happy to show you how to set up your appointments with the correct audience.

Kristin D.

I am so very pleased with this service. It has helped me to manage my tutoring business with...

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Pros

It's easy to navigate, easy to have both my clients and tutors use it with little problems. Their customer support is fast, courteous and they always solve the problem. They are constantly updating and adapting it to fit my needs. It is seriously what keeps my business going!

Response from Teachworks

Hi Kristin, thanks for the fantastic review! We are committed to providing our clients with great customer service. Please continue to reach out if you have any questions or feature suggestions to further improve the Teachworks experience!

Daniel M.

Teachworks is Very Useful

Reviewed on 2016/10/29

The three aspects which we like about Teachworks the most is that it is can cope with scheduling changes, it has a powerful invoice system, and that it is easy to use.

Pros

Flexibility to make scheduling changes; powerful invoicing system; ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes slow to update system during busy times; the colour of the column indicating today's schedule is too similar to white, and is not obvious enough.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I would be more than happy to show you a few ways in which you can make changes/updates more efficiently. Could you please message me directly at [email protected]

In regards to the colour of the column that indicates today's date, we haven't received this suggestion before, but it would be something easy to change to your preference.

Alex A.

My experience has been great so far.

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

There are many to list. But mostly when you have many tutors and students this system saves you a lot of time in terms of managing a tutoring company.

Pros

It's easy to use, it manages a lot of aspects for a tutoring company, the support is top notch. I personally have been getting support by Louise. She provides the best customer service support I have ever encountered. My questions are always answered promptly with no delay and I have sent Louise endless emails with questions. We used their other system TutorPanel which was also great but Teachworks is better suited for companies that are bit bigger and it offers more features.

Cons

I believe some more features can be implemented but if you suggest it to them they will work on them.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Alex, thanks for the great review. Our team is always here to help and we're always looking for ways to improve Teachworks, so keep the questions and feature suggestions coming!

Meena A.

Review from users end

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Overall, it's a good system, although there are actually a lot of bugs. I've had major problems with invoicing this term. Direct debit is only sometimes automatic - you have to do it manually for some customers, and for others, it's automatic. There are some things that are a bit fiddly with a lot of going back and forth. It syncs with Quickbooks, which is good, but not everything - this requires a lot of manual process. Invoices frequently have bugs, and requires a lot of fiddly manual adjustments if there are lesson changes - it's not all automatic. Calendar changes aren't always updated automatically either. There's a lot of backwards and forwards. It's the best student/teacher management software I've come across for a tuition business, but to be honest, it's not perfect - still a long way to go. They don't do updates frequently enough - improvements are not very frequent. Basic functions like freezing panes for easy view of calendar is not available and the scrolling functions don't carry the subheadings so you don't know to which it's referring to. I've used this for about 6 months and it's ok for the time being.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Meena, We're sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having getting started with your account. Teachworks has a lot of features and customizable settings, and it sounds like you may need some help with using some of them. We encourage you to get in touch with our customer support team whenever you're having difficulty configuring any of our features.

I'll touch on a couple of your comments:

1. Teachworks doesn't have direct debit, but it does allow you to save client credit cards and charge those - so you have to save a credit card to a client's profile in order to charge it.

2. Invoices with lessons that have been changed on the calendar are flagged, and you can follow the prompts to update the invoice.

3. Calendar updates are available as soon as any lesson is changed - you just need to refresh the calendar.

4. We typically add new features & improvements every week which you can view in your account and on our blog.

Ourania L.

Great software but...

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

I really enjoy how easy it is to use Teachworks as well as its affordability. However, I really wish they can make more features that would be useful for tutoring centers.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Ourania,

We are constantly adding new features based on feedback from our customers, you can check out the Change Log for a list of all the features added.

If there are any features you would like to suggest, please do not hesitate to add them to our Feature Suggestions Forum or contact me directly at [email protected]

Thank you for your review!

Jeremy S.

Teachworks WORKS for our school!

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

We run a busy school with over a hundred students. Teachworks allows us to automate some of the most time-consuming parts of a transaction, saving money and improving the customer service experience. We'll keep using Teachworks with great satisfaction.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your review! We are glad Teachworks is helping you run your business more efficiently!

Amy S.

Excellent System!

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

Teachworks is a well-organized, easy to use system. I can track client schedules and share the schedule with tutors and families. Invoices are created and sent with the click of a button. And tracking features allow me to manage all aspects of my business!

Response from Teachworks

Hi Amy,

We are glad Teachworks is helping you manage your business more efficiently! Thank you for your review!

Paul C.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Meghan M.

Review from The English Island

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

I like Teachworks. It is simple to use. One thing I would like is to have a specific section to enter grades. I would also like to be able to look back on the details of a past lesson even if it is locked. I do like the notes section under each student's name because I can enter lesson details there, and they can be of use to other teachers or myself if I need to review what I have done. The calendar is a nice feature because I can really organize my schedule.

Pros

*calendar
*notes section under each student/lesson

Cons

*not being able to enter grades in a specific place

Response from Teachworks

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying the features.

Teachworks does have a section to enter grades in the student profile. You are also able to still see the details of past lessons after the calendar is locked. I will message you directly with instructions on how to achieve this.

Richard A.

We have had a great experience so far after switching to Teachworks

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

It has made the administration and day-to-day running of my company effective and more efficient

Pros

Great interface and easy use.
Automation functionalities makes our business more efficient and clients happy.

Cons

None......this just a suggestion
Teachworks should work on providing video tutorials on how to use the software. This is will make it easier and faster to train our tutors on the different functionalities.

Response from Teachworks

Thanks for the great review and feedback Richard! We're always trying to add new features that will help our clients work more efficiently. We're actually working on some tutorial videos at the moment and they should be available soon!

Dmitri D.

These guys have saved me so much money in building a tutoring agency. Thank you!

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

I saved a lot of money. Simple as that.

Pros

Inexpensive, many features, quick support. I LOVE THAT THEY LISTEN TO FEEDBACK AND DEVELOP FEATURES.

Response from Teachworks

Thanks for the great review Dmitri! We're always trying to add features that will make our customers' businesses more successful.

Lucas M.

Tutoring Company in Brazil

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

TeachWorks is at the center of what we do administratively. It helps us with billing, payroll, monitoring teachers, and keeping clients updated. We would be a very different tutoring company without it.

Pros

It does a lot of things well.

Cons

A few bugs here and there.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Lucas,

We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks! Thank you for your review!

Shayna P.

Great software for the price

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

This is a very easy to use interface. We have tried several tutor management software systems; too often other systems require extensive training or are too cumbersome and confusing. Teachworks is intuitive and easy to use- my tutors now instantly how to use the system. The pricing is fair and very reasonable for the features it provides, allowing us as a small business to grow along with their packages and not worry about how it will affect our budget. While there are some additional features we'd like to see long term from Teachworks, customer support is very responsive to their users and frequently makes updates and changes based on our feedback. Overall great product and highly recommended.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to provide you with additional features.

Jonah C.

Couldn't imagine life without Teachworks!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Teachworks is an integral part of our operations. It is highly intuitive and easy to use, prevents errors in accounting, and offers a high level of transparency in billing and payments to both our students and teachers. Best of all, it saves huge amounts of time. Tasks that took a full two days of work pre-Teachworks now take under an hour, reminder emails we used to send manually are now automated, and payments are collected faster with easy card payments right from the invoice. The add-ons are fantastic and very useful. The support is great, and the developers are constantly at work - it's amazing to see how the features keep improving! The only thing left to desire is more direct integrations with other apps and services, but we get around this easily by using the excel spreadsheet data exports, which we can import into our other business apps as needed. We've been using Teachworks for two years now, and can't imagine doing it any other way.

Pros

- ease of use
- lesson cost/wage tracking
- email automation
- invoice creation
- employee wage statement creation
- reports

Cons

- no integration with google apps
- no integration with zapier
- invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us
- custom forms are not customizable enough to be useful for us

Response from Teachworks

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for your review! We will continue to work hard to enhance the features and integrations!

Rami S.
  • Industry: Music

Doesn’t work

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Last 4 years have been fine up until the last 4 months, full calendar doesn’t work which is the one I regularly used. I can’t view names, can’t view the whole day, and frankly sick and tired of following up on their issue and still having nothing done

Pros

I liked it when it worked properly, now it doesn’t.

Cons

Having to follow up on fixing their issue for couple of months and still having same problems. Missed out on 3 classes because the calendar can’t display times and students properly. No attempt made to fix things on their end when I’ve done everything on my end.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Rami,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated.

Based on the messages you've sent previously to our support team we understand that you're referring to the appearance of the calendar. The calendar feature hasn't changed in the past couple years, but it sounds like you've changed the default calendar view from month to week.

Fortunately, it's very easy to change the default calendar view on your profile, so you can go back to enjoying the feature as you've done in the past. I have personally emailed you with the same instructions we've provided previously.

Yarin K.

Drastically simplified our day to day operations, constantly expanding and actively maintained

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

great platform!

Pros

Includes almost all of the basic functionality that an tutoring organization needs. The core functions that cover billing and scheduling are robust, flexible and reliable. The site is reliable, performs well on any device and is intuitive. Features and integrations are expanding, great platform!

Cons

Lack of custom API integration prevents us from building on top of this platform. We want the ability to leverage APIs to push/pull client and staff data.
Lead generation/management is lacking and really needs to be managed outside of this platform.
No integration with social media.
Ability to blast SMS to select tutors for client matching while managing responses. Chat bot type functionality would be awesome!
Integration with e-signing platform like signnow would be great. Currently need to manage e-signing contracts separately.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Yarin, thanks for the great review! We¿re happy to hear that Teachworks has simplified your day to day operations.

Our API will be available soon, but we¿ll let you know as soon as it¿s ready. Your SMS suggestion will be a good addition to our existing SMS features and we¿ll definitely consider it for a future update.

Itolo E.

Can't beat the pricing; features added consistently!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

Teachworks has a convenient pricing schedule that fits hanging needs. Features are always being added. Teachworks works well with Stripe for easy online payments and has several website plugins to assist with booking.

Cons

There are very few user access tiers. I'd like more flexibility with user access control. The formatting can, at times, be clunky and can not be customized.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Itolo,

Thank you for the great review!

We are happy to hear you are enjoying Teachworks and have used it for over 2 years! We are constantly expanding our features and we are glad to hear it helps you and your business.

If you have questions regarding user accounts, please do not hesitate to contact us [email protected]

Gilma G.

Technical Support needs improvement

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

I like the software but technical support needs improvement and so response time during the pandemic

Pros

functionality is great for small to medium size companies.

Cons

Technical support is only via email. I wish they at least had chat support with a live agent.

Tanya H.

Help Streamline Your Language School Operations

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

I wanted a service that would not only keep track of students' information, but also keep track of attendance and send invoices. It does all that and more. I am hoping that invoicing will become easier. It may be a user problem more than a software issue. I'm still trying to figure out some things. The online help has been very quick to respond. I wish I could see in graphic form what percentage of my business comes from the different services, but I can't see it in my version. I wish I were able to send flyers and other attachments from Teachworks. At times, I still have to use my email. Again, it may be a user issue rather than an issue with the program. I like it overall, but I wish it were a tad more intuitive/user-friendly. I like that I am able to personalize the invoices with my own logo.

Pros

It keeps all student info, correspondence, and invoices in one place. I feel more organized already.

Cons

Sometimes unexpected numbers appear in fields and I'm not sure how they got there. Fortunately, they are easy to change.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your review.

Most of the features mentioned such as invoicing, and percentage reports are available within Teachworks.

I would love to personally help you get familiar with these features, so you can take full advantage of the software. You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Bryan H.

Keeping in line

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

My overall experience was great. The support you get helps you find a fix to the issue real quick.

Pros

Using Teachworks has really helped us as teacher with our tutoring schedule. The data sharing has really helped us as educators because you can ask and rely messages to each if we have questions. It has made life easier for us and it has allowed us to take on my students to the point where we started a small tutoring business on the side.

Cons

The only thing negative I can say is that I had two issues that can up but the support was staff there to help me solve it real quick.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your great review! We are happy to hear that you are finding Teachworks' scheduling features so useful. We are always happy to answer any questions you have about the software, so please reach out if you need any more help.

Julie W.

Why we love Teachworks

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

We've been using Teachworks for just over a year and we love it. Scheduling has never been easier. The customer service has been awesome. We have asked for certain functionality and Teachworks always finds a way to give us what we need.

Pros

Easy to move students are the schedule.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks!

Tracy H.

Good invoicing system

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

It has been really easy to ensure that our staff are able to enter the work they have completed into the system, avoiding entry errors.

I love the fact that reminders can be easily sent out to clients who have not paid.

I like the amount of client information we are able to enter into the system, as this facilitates the sharing of information between staff.

Pros

The invoicing system.

Cons

The calendar does not allow me to view employees' schedules alongside.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you are enjoying Teachworks.

In regards to the calendar and employee schedule views. You can open two separate tabs to have the calendar view and employee schedules views available. I will email you with further instructions on how to achieve this.

The Teachworks Team

my experience has been good, it is comfortable and very useful its variety of accessories I...

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

what I liked most about him, is the great capacity of accessories distract you, it is easy to use and simple I recommend it

Cons

I do not have any problems with it, I've been using it for a short time, I hope I do not have to worry about it

Response from Teachworks

Hi there,

Thank you for the review!

We are pleased to hear you have been enjoying Teachworks along with the many features and add-ons available!

As you mentioned, the ability to enable only the add-ons you need is something most of our customers find very useful as it keeps the software simple and easy to use. We are happy to hear it helps you too :).

Jon H.

Excellent Software to Manage a Learning Company

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

I've been with Teachworks for 3 years now, excellent customer support and very intuitive system. In particular they are open to new ideas and listening to their clients, a very important aspect of any software that you work with. I've explored multiple other options out there but Teachworks is by far superior in terms of an intuitive and easy to use system, excellent customer service (email only but it doesn't matter if they're responsive and helpful), and client first focused mindset.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the great review!

Listening to our customers' feedback is our number one priority. We will continue to work hard to enhance Teachworks features and Add-Ons to better serve our customers. Thank you for the continued support!