MediaRadar

Media ad sales intel for ad sales professionals & agencies

Michael C.

It's definitely a very user Friendly Product, which is indeed extremely important...!

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Since the beginning stages of using the product all of our Reps Nation Wide have increased their sales, & it is indeed a direct result from having this product as a Sales Tool, & it's well worth the Money.

Pros

It's certainly a Quality Product & the Customer Support behind it is outstanding...!! We've been using the Product for about 2 years now, & it has helped us tremendously & I have increased my Sales efforts as a direct result from using the Product.

Cons

It's a bit costly, but in the long run, it's well worth the Money...! When out Team first put out the money for the program we were not sure if we could justify the cost, but now we are realizing the cost was definitely worth it, & the results are the proof...!

Joseph J.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Prospecting

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I use the software a lot and an comfortable using it. It’s helped me to open doors and start conversations. Plus its gives me confidence that I have the background info to show prospects I’ve done my homework and ask meaningful questions.

Pros

MediaRadar is easy to use. I like The tearsheets option. It helps me a lot to see examples of creative running with competitors. And the Perfect Pitch feature gives me a quick understanding of the prospect and what they’ve done.

Cons

Contacts aren’t always there but the “request a contact” button is there to help.

Irene G.

Always very helping and a great way to get the information I need

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

It's great for prospecting business and also finding out where my clients are spending their media dollars

Pros

It is easy to access the information that I need such as finding contacts, market share and the activity a client has for the time of quarter that I'm looking for.

Cons

Sometimes the contact information isn't up to date or current for either the client or advertisers business. Also sometimes it take a long time to retrieve a report

Nick S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Smooth user experience, and an invaluable tool for the team

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Product design is very user-friendly, and easily digestible. The information provided daily is very useful from both a team and management perspective, and it compliments more manual systems that we already have in place.

Cons

Sometimes slightly outdated contact information. Could be improved with better accuracy in this regard, but is par for the course as there is always a lot of turnover in agency land.

Sue W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I miss having the ease of Contacts but I know that's my company's no longer paying for this...

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Easy to use, help always available and very useful tool for my trade.

Pros

Ability to easily and efficiently look up where brands ran both on print and digital. When doing precalls - Media Radar is good for at least 50% of the materials I need.

Cons

If I'm reaching - b/c it's fairly straight forward - it'd be inserts are counted as pages, whereas we don't include them in the share of market. No biggie though.

Lisa C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Media Radar for Sales help

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Very positive because it saves time and definitely allows me to be to focused on the right prospects depending upon the demographics and audiences that companies are targeting.

Pros

being able to see where ads have been placed and when as well as contacts and emails & phone numbers

Cons

The mock ups don't always come out the way I would like them to.

Kim S.

The MediaRadar team is always ready to help to provide solutions!

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

I like it that I can easily search for a client/agency in a most timely fashion. I use MediaRadar on a daily basis and use it as a prospecting tool as well!

Cons

Sometimes the contacts are not updates in the most timely of fashion making it a little difficult to provide the most updates information to my management~

Frank C.

Necessary

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Provides us with the information to respond, inform and react to business opportunities every day.

Pros

Provides news and information that would take hours to get.

Cons

Sometimes the contacts are incorrect or unavailable.

Sharon B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Usage for sales

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Pros

company names, websites and contact names. ability to see ad creative, see competition, use as a resource tool to prospect new biz.

Cons

The more complicated functions are often hard to figure out. Luckily the support staff is always willing to help walk you through.

MediaRadar is an invaluable resource for ad sales activity. Contact information is great to...

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

The most valuable information is contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers. We all know ad sales is a numbers game and MediaRadar enables you to send out emails to multiple contacts on the same account, so you're virtually sure to get a response from someone to initiate a conversation!

Cons

I would like more information on the target audience. Currently MediaRadar provides an income target but not much more.

Jim R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great information, wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

I usually can find the right person at the company or agency that I am prospecting for.

Pros

Ease of use and the breadth of information. I enjoy that I can log on and pretty much find anything that I need.

Cons

I wish there were better ways to incorporate and merge the information right into my insightly database.

Christie C.

mediaradar has come a long way, I find it much more accurate on agency and client contacts and...

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

I like the access to Agency and client contacts and aggregated news coverage and information on the overall business.

Cons

MediaRadar does not analyze audio space, would be helpful to have information as it relates to audio teams/strategies etc.

Mandy G.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Media Radar is great, the service is top notch and it's accurate the majority of the time. I really appreciate the ease of use and the accuracy.

Cons

The pricing model still makes no sense to me. When we signed on, one of the advantages they touted was that received unlimited seats. As a small publisher - I'm not sure why I need to pay for the same usage as say a company the size of the NY Times. We really only need 1-2 log ins (we only have 1 sales person currently). This is unfortunately a cost they may be prohibitive in our renewing.

Zoe H.

Helpful tool!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

I am able to easily search for my client and contact names.

Cons

Sometimes I feel it isn't totally accurate with spend, and some of my clients don't have contacts listed.

Tom B.

Great Sales Tool for Prospecting

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Great for prospecting, for finding out where your clients are advertising

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software

Allison L.

Love this program especially for a small agency

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I especially like the concierge service which helps me find the right contact at the client. The media set so I can see what they are running helps me to be educated so I don't present something they aren't already doing.

Cons

Sometimes they don't find the contact at the smaller brands which are the ones I call on. That's OK though- for the most part they do.

Rita W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Media Radar is essential to my business

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I've had a fantastic experience with MediaRadar.

Pros

I use MediaRadar every day to help me find sales leads in my territory. This is essential to mining business and has helped me increase my sales year over year!

Cons

I would like to know how to make geographic profiles saved so that I can pull a list by territory without having to redefine an area.

Adrienne S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Huge for Prospecting

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Not only is it very thorough and easy to use, but they have a concierge service that will dig in for you if needed! Love this software, & use it almost daily to see what my potential prospects are spending in the media landscape

Cons

Nothing really- other than they could have more info on out of home, billboards- since that's big here in LA.

Andy H.

love it

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

deep with insights. Extraordinary collection of brands and contacts. The creative cheat sheets. market trends and analysis. Customer support being pushed out rather than passive.

Cons

interface with sales force. sometimes dated contact info. brands without the activity to allow for asking customer support for contact names and information.

Mark C.

Excellent professional information that gives you the edge you need!

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

I like the insight into the companies I am seeking to do business with, and there is excellent support, during initial set up, and on an ongoing basis for any needs, I may have.

Cons

I do not know all there is to do with it yet and in an effort to fully maximize my usage, I would like video tutorials for continual training.

Melissa S.

Review of Media Radar

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Pros

I love the simplicity. Very easy to look up clients, contacts & previous executions

Cons

I wish there were more Canadian contacts!

Diana T.

It's very convenient to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

I like how it's convenient and allows you to find information about other companies as well as contact information and previous ads that they ran.

Cons

It's slightly on the inconvenient side, especially when dealing with smaller companies. I find myself looking up contact information and the data is sometimes out dated.

Phil W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Mostly great. Sometimes contact info is not up to date.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Good information when prospecting for sales leads.

Pros

Ease of use. Space to input company or corporate name is plentiful. Often returns many iterations of company being sought after.

Cons

That there are many companies that are not covered by MR. Some of the companies, while not being Fortune 500 companies are large enough in my opinion to be followed by MR.

John W.

never fails to provide the information I need

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

I always have options if I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Assistance is always available and answers are provided in a timely fashion

Cons

I can't always find exactly what I'm looking, but it always gives me options. I would like to see more options for audio usage amongst advertisers

• Industry: Entertainment

MediaRadar is the best at assembling quality contact lists

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

MediaRadar is the best at assembling quality contact lists. When I'm looking to make connections with new clients, MediaRadar is the "Go-To"

Cons

Not enough podcast specific information from a sales vertical standpoint. I would really like to see them focus in on podcasting.