Kiddom

All-in-one Education Platform for K-12 Schools & Districts

Kelli C.

Great experience, extremely useful.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Allows me to personalize instruction fairly easily.

Pros

The flexibility of assigning different tasks to different students, as well as the deep resource pool. It's a great way to personalize learning in a fairly simple manner. Works great for projects, as well.

Cons

Can be a bit buggy when logging students in (sometimes the app freezes). There are also some linked resources (primarily from CK-12) that don't work well. Could use a way to integrate questions/responses, grading, and link embedding directly into assignments.

Nicole P.

Free planner and gradebook that helps me track standards easily

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

It makes my whole workflow as it should be: in one place. If only it can grade essays! ;) It has made tracking student progress really easy. I can understand how students are doing on individual standards in real time and it has been a good way to go back to student evidence.

Pros

I used Google really briefly because I wanted my middle school students to be able to view assignments online, but I didn't like it. I'm loving Kiddom because I can plan directly in the web app, drag the assignment to assign, and share it with students. So much better for my workflow and the design is intuitive.

1. STANDARDS /GRADEBOOK: You can attach and TRACK standards right there in the app: it automatically generates reports, which students can see too. Saves me time generating progress reports.

2. PLANNER: I can plan and assign in one view: plan on the left and then drag it into "Timeline" to assign it.

3. DIFFERENTIATION: I can make a personalized list of assignments for a student; assign them something from the library as an extension or remediation, or flip the classroom by giving them a video as a lesson.

4. COLLABORATION: You can share the assignments with other teachers to keep on the same page and collaborate on modifying some assignments.

Kiddom is really simple and intuitive for students to use on a laptop or app, too. Their support is really responsive and super helpful. I only got started this year, but already looking forward to using it next year, too!

Cons

If anything, I would love to have a discussion tool and quiz maker that can put the grade directly into my grade book.

Kelly W.

Kiddom for Education

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I have had some questions along the way, and the support staff has been fantastic to jump in and help immediately. I work with a team of teachers, and we all laugh because we feel like we know the support staff by name we have asked them so many questions! Overall, I really think Kiddom is useful in my classroom. I do not know what I would do without it.

Pros

I have not used many online platforms for education until this year. At first, the learning curve for me was rough! But I watched the training videos, and emailed for help, and just played around with the software, and I feel like I have a grasp on how to best use this platform.

I like that the platform is organized so well for teachers and students. I feel like students can navigate easily between their different classes. I love that I can plan with other teachers, and we can share assignments! Everything is also so easy to put online for the kids.

Cons

I would love for there to be a way to time assessments. The main problem with online assessments is that students can easily cheat. They can look up the answers quickly. I would love an online timer so that it would at least be harder for students to do this quickly.

Brenda W.

Good product, with anticipation of continued improvements

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

It has been pretty good so far, but I am still learning. I have created content, but as I learn more, I want to reorganize things, but that isn’t possible yet. I would love to be able to drag a lesson or activity into a different unit, or just duplicate a lesson/activity within a unit that is very similar to a previous one. I would also love to be able to “mass grade” an assignment, then just go back and change a few grades manually.

Pros

I’m still learning, but I like the concept of having the courses, then units, and lessons, and activities. I also like that I can just link other lessons or activities (Forms, videos, etc.) into the lessons. I like that it is linked to our roster of student so that new students are automatically added to the class and I don’t have to annually add them.

I like it enough that I have not given up on it, knowing that development is still happening.

Cons

- inability to organize lessons/activities after they are created (rearrange a lesson as you are working on it, i.e. re-order questions, insert a question that you forgot...)
- inability to print a lesson activity for someone who needs a hard copy (limited or no internet)
- inability to duplicate a lesson, then tweak it for a different unit.

The mobile app version, so far, is useless. I was originally only able to *see* what was there, then recently found the ability to *grade* from the app. However, when I went into my desktop, none of the grades were “submitted” - I still had to go through each student and actually click “Submit.”

Kelly P.

Kiddom in Education

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

In general, Kiddom has not been the best experience. I find it rather a nuisance more than anything because it requires so many steps to get to what you want and to make it do what you want it to do. I think there should be a much more streamlined version of this program with input from teachers on how this should work.

Pros

The ease of just dropping a file into a classroom.

Cons

I think the most frustrating part of this software is the set up of each class, activities, etc. I don't feel that this software in general is very user-friendly and it takes a very long time to go through EACH CLASS to drop in the lesson plan for that day. There should be an option to click on various classes and do ONE drop of a lesson plan/file/activity, etc.

Julie V.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kiddom still a work in progress with great potential

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Kiddom has potential but I believe was released and used by teachers without being fully vetted. There are so many needs that are unmet and several features available at the start that are entirely not useful. The emphasis on testing and grading within the system are not very useful when it does not integrate with grade management outside of the kiddom platform. The inability to backup or retain files (work) outside of kiddom makes establishment of curriculum less attractive.

Pros

The customer service is extremely responsive. Features are being constantly upgraded in response to needs. It has great potential with the better features being added.

Cons

The rolling out of new features leads to surprises when accessing the platform. Changes are happening weekly and mostly result in improvement to user interface however its difficult to mediate student use as a teacher when the interface changes.
Material created in Kiddom has no use outside of the platform. As teachers develop material, creating in a proprietary platform, in which nothing can be used outside Kiddom is incredibly unattractive.

Kristine M.

Reflection of a 7th grade math teacher

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

During covid, we have had to go paperless, and teach blended classes (online and in person). Have the OUR readily available to all students, with common naming has been HUGE. The support for learning and developing our classes has been great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is exceptional and accommodates our time difference, and everyone helps find solutions or provides instruction to meet our needs.

Cons

Since I am a first time user, and we are in the middle of the all the Covid Drama, I have not had adequate time to really embrace this, and making do as best I can. I also have found that many of the additional materials are "examples" that to use we need to join and pay a fee. I would rather not wasting my time looking at activites only to find out they are not available.

Carrie P.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Art teacher

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Getting better, but still have 🐜 🐛 🕷 bugs. Like what if a teacher accidentally grades an assignment but nothing was Submitted sooooo now student can’t submit.

Pros

I like it all in one spot, there are just a few rough edges. For Art sometimes I need the students to turn in their work multiple times. Many students indicate they can’t do that they get a prompt that tells them they have already turned it in.

Cons

No date stamps on student work...the students are turning stuff in and indicating that they have waited on me. Which I can’t prove

Jeff L.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

I like this program for the most part. It takes some getting used to.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I don't mind using it at this point. There are things that can be made better. If certain things were changed it would probably be a pretty good platform.

Pros

It is fairly easy to create units and lessons and then make them available to students.

Cons

When students turn in late work, I am not aware that they have turned anything in. I have to go back and check student by student from the screen to my gradebook in order to find students who submitted after I initially graded the assignment. It takes a lot more time than I have. I also cannot see the date that they turned it in. This is my biggest complaint. Late work should go to a certain place or it needs to have a submission date.
Also, we should be able to fine tune how we are seeing and storing our assignments and units. They tweaked it a month ago and that seemed to make it a little better but I would like to be in control of that.

Webster H.

Pretty Good Platform

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Overall my experience with KIDDOM is about 6 out of 10. I use it mainly because I am required to use it. I would not use it otherwise, but there are some things I like about it. If the platform was designed to be a little more friendly to teachers that have multiple classes, I would be more inclined to use it voluntarily. I believe that if I had one class of 20 students or so (like an elementary teacher), I would love it.

Pros

I like the method that assignments are built, tests are built, the format options for tests, the ease at which you can insert links into assignments, and ease of which the assignments can be assigned to students in ONE class.

Cons

I can't assign things to more than one class and I wasn't able to get resolution to a question I had about grading tests, so I still don't use KIDDOM for my tests.

Jessica G.

Kindergarten Teacher review

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

Pros

I love the different options teachers can use to create a variety of questions on each assignment or quiz. As a kindergarten teacher, I love that they can upload pictures of their work. I also love that you can attached standards to each assignment and grades can automatically hook up to our grading system on skyward. (I don't use this feature as a k teacher, but I think it's amazing for other grade levels to use!)

Cons

As a teacher, I wish when my student's upload a photo of their work, that the photo would automatically show when I am checking their work. Having to click on each individual photo take a lot of time when grading. (I teach kindergarten, so they upload pictures of all their work.)

Lisa M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Science Teacher review

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

We did not have a lot of training before we started using this platform. I feel like the platform was not ready for what we required. I feel like they are trying to update it and make it better, but it is frustrating as it changes after we have adjusted to it.

Pros

The system allows pictures to be added easily.

Cons

It is confusing to add content to lessons. It takes a lot of time to add content. It does not allow the students to edit a word document. It does not allow the students to take a picture of their work and easily add it to turn in. It continues to make changes without letting us know. It often deletes student work or answers we enter. It is picky about how to add posts and other items. It does not always save it unless you hit enter or something like that.

Megan K.

Less than thrilled

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall, I have been less than pleased with Kiddom. It seems that the website is always undergoing maintenance, which then someone messes with my students' assignments. The customer service is slow. I have reached out about several issues, and it always seems like I get a response several days later. There are a lot of kinks to work out, and if it were up to me, I would not be using this to teach my students.

Pros

The feature that I like the most is being able to give feedback on an assignment. I like that as my students are working on an assignment, I can see them working in real-time to give feedback/message with them.

Cons

One of the main reasons my school district chose Kiddom was because the EL Curriculum is attached and the idea was that we would be able to assign workbook pages to students digitally. I have yet to see a "chart" from a workbook page be easily accessible or editable for my students. I end up having to make them for myself and my students. I do not like the grading feature, that once I grade an assignment, neither me nor my students can go back and change them. Once assignments are assigned, there is no way to edit or add anything. My students have written and submitted assignments many times, and they continue to disappear on this platform. It is not conducive to digital learning.

Cortney T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Improvements

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

Ease of use. It is user friendly and easy to create assignments.

Cons

Some features I would like to see added that are not currently there: I want to be able to make live updates. In other words when I drag it to their timeline if there is an error I want to fix it and it be live. Currently I have to delete it from every class then fix it then reassign. Also, I want to be able to assign to multiple classes at the same time. I have to drag Monday over to the timeline 5 times and change the due date five times. I also want it to notify me if a student uploads something late. It is like a scavenger hunt if they attach work late.

George S.

Unfinished Product

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I'm very neutral. I like the overall design and ease of use, but it is missing so many obvious functions that you are left constantly finding workarounds for things that should be easy.

Pros

Kiddom is easy to understand and intuitive for teachers and students to navigate.

Cons

It lacks a tremendous amount of basic functionality. It is impossible to copy assignments for sharing, editing, or differentiating between students. It is impossible to reorder assignments in student timelines. Less critical for my needs, built in curriculum is mostly links to demos of other software and is generally useless.

John G.

Easy to use product

Reviewed on 2021/01/17

Pros

User-friendly, simple, sleek design that makes for a pleasant user experience.

Cons

A little click-intensive. Other than that, it checks all the boxes.

Jennifer J.

Kiddom - rocky start but finishing strong

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Kiddom was very not the best tool at the beginning of the school year. It was not conducive to what we needed. However, they were open and willing to make changes. They even encouraged feedback. I have really enjoyed using this program for the most part.

Pros

The ease of customer service and updates. Kiddom is very responsive and have made MANY updates to accommodate our suggestions.

Cons

The inflexibility to change assignments. It is a process to make changes once you have assigned. I would also like a more streamlined way to assign.

Travis S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Teacher use

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

The experience has been pretty good overall. There were some bumps along the way but they have smoothed out nicely.

Pros

I really like that kiddom is continuously being improved and that the improvements are implemented quickly without interaction from me. For example the timeline layout improvements made my life way easier.

Cons

It was too difficult to navigate for me but the improvements fixed the issues for me.

Hal P.

Even a computer novice can use it.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

The program is very easy to use. For me to say that, because I'm not that good on a computer. I know that there are a lot of teachers here that have done some neat things using KIDDOM.

Pros

I can reuse lessons for my next semester classes.
Tells me what students have doe the assignment

Cons

Wish that I could take attendance with KIDDOM, and that it would pair up with SKYWARD.
Would like it if students were listed by class period.

Chef lisa R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good Base Student System

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

I have enjoyed using Kiddom and really like that everything is wrapped up in to one system. I think it makes it easier for the students to go to one place for all my class assignments and information.

Pros

It is nice that everything can be done inside this program from messages to assignments to grading.

Cons

Just needs a little more fine tuning for easy for instructors to take up less time grading and documenting.

Kaitlyn T.

Kiddom

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Overall, the program does its job, in a very simple manor. It is not fancy, which can be good and bad.

Pros

The classroom page is very helpful. The timeline for assignments is also very helpful.

Cons

Grading is not easy. Notifications from individual students are easily lost.

Rebecca S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

The experience has been positive for the most part!

Pros

It was fairly easy to introduce to my students, which was a huge deal to me.

Cons

The timeline feature is tricky. Many of my students have a hard time finding assignments here because it jumbles up the order.

Brooke T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Kiddom review

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Decent platform just needs so much more to be helpful for teachers

Pros

The choice of answer responses for questions

Cons

Assigning work to separate classes one at a time instead of mass assignments; work disappears once it’s typed out in curriculum area

Sydney K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

I like that I can set up classes and share curriculum with other teachers.

Cons

There’s too much clicking! I have to click 4-5 times to get to my lessons. The kids have to click 3 times before they are into their work for the day.

Jacob S.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

This software makes students learning virtually much easier.

Cons

There are a few ease of use features that could be improved. For instance, having data on each kid. Easily be able to look up if they have turned in any assignment.