Kiddom

All-in-one Education Platform for K-12 Schools & Districts

Kelly

Kiddom for Education

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I have had some questions along the way, and the support staff has been fantastic to jump in and help immediately. I work with a team of teachers, and we all laugh because we feel like we know the support staff by name we have asked them so many questions! Overall, I really think Kiddom is useful in my classroom. I do not know what I would do without it.

Pros

I have not used many online platforms for education until this year. At first, the learning curve for me was rough! But I watched the training videos, and emailed for help, and just played around with the software, and I feel like I have a grasp on how to best use this platform.

I like that the platform is organized so well for teachers and students. I feel like students can navigate easily between their different classes. I love that I can plan with other teachers, and we can share assignments! Everything is also so easy to put online for the kids.

Cons

I would love for there to be a way to time assessments. The main problem with online assessments is that students can easily cheat. They can look up the answers quickly. I would love an online timer so that it would at least be harder for students to do this quickly.

Amy

Working with Kiddom

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Very good, friendly and helpful. Tech support is usually quick to respond.

Very good, friendly and helpful. Tech support is usually quick to respond.

Pros

Very user friendly for students and helps to deliver quality content much more easily than other online platforms

Cons

There are some functions I want to have available such as duplicating/copying assignments.

Brenda

Good product, with anticipation of continued improvements

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

It has been pretty good so far, but I am still learning. I have created content, but as I learn more, I want to reorganize things, but that isn’t possible yet. I would love to be able to drag a lesson or activity into a different unit, or just duplicate a lesson/activity within a unit that is very similar to a previous one. I would also love to be able to “mass grade” an assignment, then just go back and change a few grades manually.

Pros

I’m still learning, but I like the concept of having the courses, then units, and lessons, and activities. I also like that I can just link other lessons or activities (Forms, videos, etc.) into the lessons. I like that it is linked to our roster of student so that new students are automatically added to the class and I don’t have to annually add them.

I like it enough that I have not given up on it, knowing that development is still happening.

Cons

- inability to organize lessons/activities after they are created (rearrange a lesson as you are working on it, i.e. re-order questions, insert a question that you forgot...)
- inability to print a lesson activity for someone who needs a hard copy (limited or no internet)
- inability to duplicate a lesson, then tweak it for a different unit.

The mobile app version, so far, is useless. I was originally only able to *see* what was there, then recently found the ability to *grade* from the app. However, when I went into my desktop, none of the grades were “submitted” - I still had to go through each student and actually click “Submit.”

Jennifer

From a teacher's point of view - Kiddom review

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Overall, I like this platform for use with our distance learners. The message center allows me to communicate broadly with my classes and the assignments are useful in communicating more individual with them. This year has been very challenging and this program has been one that makes it less stress filled.

Pros

I like that all of our students' classes are kept in one location for them to access easily. The program is user friendly in creating assignments and assessments. The ability to take pictures or incorporate videos as responses (from students) is especially important right now with our virtual learners. Being able to assign work to individual students or the entire class is very useful as we have virtual learners doing differentiated assignments.

Cons

The only thing I find an inconvenience is that previous assignments are not chunked together as date clusters like the week they were assigned. If I want to copy an assignment or need to pull it up to edit, I have to scan down the assignments on the right slide button. I do not have standards listed for ESL that would help categorize them more efficiently.

GINA MICHELLE

Kiddom's Pro's and Con's

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Lessons are mostly ready and available for every OUR unit and lesson. However, I have had to edit every lesson to add Desmos slides so students could work interactively plus Google Forms to grade each skill and standard with more accuracy.

Pros

Lessons are ready to use. There is an attempt to collect data about students' standard proficiency . However, the data turns out inaccurate when students do not complete the assigned work.

Cons

The software is not very user friendly in the sense of having to assign the lessons to each group individually instead of offering the option of assigning to all groups at once. To find lessons, user has to scroll all the way down to units and then lessons instead of having a search window to find lessons right away. Parents cannot be invited to be part of the platform. There are no options to have interactive lessons or the option for teachers to see what students are doing in real time at a glance during remote learning. To bridge this deficiency, I have added Desmos lessons to the Kiddom activities.

Jeff
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great idea for a product, but company still needs time to develop.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Not great. Our school system committed to this product over others due to the price of the software. Students have consistently been able to access the software through many of their devices, however, Kiddom has not provided a consistent platform for work submission from students. This is problematic because teaching is all about feedback to promote learning. If students can't consistently submit their work, there is no way for them to get feedback.

Pros

The main purpose I was able to use Kiddom for was work submission. The assignments in Kiddom are well organized in the software and easy for students to access.

Cons

Kiddom is obviously a beta company. They have a lot of issues to work through before become a viable product. There are issues ranging from image submission to assessment design. For example, Kiddom is still working through their "randomization" code for multiple choice answers. Currently this functionality is offered, but doesn't work.

The idea behind the product is solid and well needed in schools. It will take time, however, for Kiddom to work through all their issues.

Melody

Kiddom from a Teacher POV

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Overall, I am not super happy with Kiddom. I listed many of our issues above in the cons. I can't say I would recommend it to any teacher peers.

Pros

I like how things are broken into subjects, so students are able to easily access the content.

Cons

I do not like that you can't click on a child's name and see what has been completed by him/her. You have to click the assignment, and then click the child's name to see what was entered.

I do not like that if a child forgets to hit submit, it looks as if they did not complete it at all. There should be an in progress area. Or their name should switch colors. Or honestly, anything.

I do not like how time consuming it is to enter multiple choice items in. You have to click to add another letter, and half the time it randomly disappears. Click the letter for each item, and it is always delayed. It takes a considerable amount of time to enter even five questions for a quick exit ticket. The letter choices of ABCD should automatically come up, and then people have the option to choose less if necessary.

I hate how to have to click a subject, and then assignment, and then scroll through to see who turned things in. My team and I talk often about how amazing it would be to be able to login and get an actual overview of what had been done that day.

Chara

Review for Kiddom from and Educator

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

*The way it looks
*It is easy to embed videos or other interactive programs such as Padlet, Nearpod, or Microsoft forms
*It is easy to create assignments and activities
*There is a new color coding feature for the assignments which I think is meant to indicate when new assignments have been submitted. But I do not know what the colors mean, it was never clearly explained (which is a con).

Cons

*It is not easy to upload pictures. They have to be saved and uploaded, instead of copy and pasted.
*You cannot assign the lessons to multiple classes at once. The assignments must be assigned one class at a time, which is time consuming.
*Typing quiz questions in is tedious. It would be easier if the questions could be copied and pasted in, and then autogenerated. A good example of this is on Plickers.com.
*Assignments cannot be removed or ended (one of the most frustrating features).

Kelli

Classroom Teacher review of Kiddom for distance learning

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

This software was thrust upon us with very little time or training, so I feel I wasn't introduced to it in the best way and given time to really learn. That being said I've done most of the learning about the software on my own. It is fairly easy for teachers, not easy at all for students in terms of understanding how to do a complete assignment. I was disappointed it lets students "Submit" work without doing any work. I would also like to see students be able to write directly on attached documents and submit for a grade.

Pros

I like the look of the software and website, and the fact that it integrates with our student attendance/information system. I like that you can list lessons by days and title them appropriately.

Cons

It does not allow for students to write on attached documents and then save.
It does not allow you to look at a whole class' work on one assignment simultaneously.
The option to "Submit" or "Mark as Done" without having to do any work is the worst. Students shouldn't be able to click "Submit" or "Mark as Done" if an attachment is required or questions are to be answered.
It is not seamless in allowing you to go back and forth from class to class.

Kristine

Reflection of a 7th grade math teacher

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

During covid, we have had to go paperless, and teach blended classes (online and in person). Have the OUR readily available to all students, with common naming has been HUGE. The support for learning and developing our classes has been great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is exceptional and accommodates our time difference, and everyone helps find solutions or provides instruction to meet our needs.

Cons

Since I am a first time user, and we are in the middle of the all the Covid Drama, I have not had adequate time to really embrace this, and making do as best I can. I also have found that many of the additional materials are "examples" that to use we need to join and pay a fee. I would rather not wasting my time looking at activites only to find out they are not available.

Heaven
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Kiddom makes setting up lessons for distance AND in person students so EASY!

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

The best part of this software is that I can upload my curriculum once and assign it or re-assign it as needed to students. I can use it to in place of sub plans and students aren't missing out on high quality instructions. It is easy to access and understand. Plus, I can quickly assess their mastery of standards.

Cons

Integration was difficult at first because as adults, we don't often like change. However, Kiddom has worked to meet the needs of teachers across the district. I do wish the texts for announcements were able to be edited, like change colors, sizes, and /or bolded because students tend to miss important dates and things.

Chad

Kiddom Rutherford County Schools

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

I use it daily for school and distance learning. I'm not very fluent with using it, but it's getting easier everyday.

Pros

I love how it integrates to Clever. Once the kids have gotten used to it, it puts all of their assignments in one place. I like being able to drag and drop assignments for the week.

Cons

I would love to be able to easily move assignments around, Drag and drop to different classes and what not.
It would be nice to be able to set a time for an assignment to "open up", for instance assign it for the week, but kids cant open it until a specific day. Creating assignments and putting them where I need them to be is a chore for me every time I try to do it. Maybe some kind of "File system" would be beneficial. So things can easily be moved. I'd love to be able to edit thigs and save them without editing everyone's entire lesson. We share a lot of these resources and once it's been edited, it can not be changed back to. Online training course would have been great at the beginning.

Carrie
  • Industry: Fine Art

Art teacher

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Getting better, but still have 🐜 🐛 🕷 bugs. Like what if a teacher accidentally grades an assignment but nothing was Submitted sooooo now student can’t submit.

Pros

I like it all in one spot, there are just a few rough edges. For Art sometimes I need the students to turn in their work multiple times. Many students indicate they can’t do that they get a prompt that tells them they have already turned it in.

Cons

No date stamps on student work...the students are turning stuff in and indicating that they have waited on me. Which I can’t prove

Amber

Kiddom keeps me sane

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Kiddom has saved my classroom this year! I can create and keep all of their assignments in one place, and track their progress. This has been the most challenging year, by far, for me and probably most teachers. Kiddom is a tool that has made this new learning environment a bit more manageable.

Pros

I use Kiddom daily in my classroom. I create assignments for each subject, each day, for my distance learners. They are able to easily log in through single sign on, and navigate the software to complete and submit their assignments. Kiddom is the only way I have been able to accurately assess my students' learning in this crazy environment. I love that I am able to instantly assess and give feedback to them.

Cons

I would love to be able to have students submit their assignment, get feedback from me, and then for them to be able to re-submit the assignment with corrections.

Jenny

A VERY FRUSTRATED TEACHER

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

The customer service is very prompt but often times the answer is "unfortunately it is not possible to do that with Kiddom".

Pros

Nothing. I have to use a minimum of 40 characters here so I will say there is nothing good about this program!

Cons

It is so tedious to assign lessons to classes. If multiple classes need the same assignment it should be easier to assign to multiple classes. Teachers should be able to rename and reorder classes. It is difficult to make changes once assignment is assigned. It is very difficult to see student comments. There should be a more clear spreadsheet design for submitted assignments. It is difficult for students to submit assignments in the program. There are very few formatting options for teachers in the creation of the assignment. It is not possible for teachers to preview the assignments from the students view point.

Haylee
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Using Kiddom to teach distance learning studnets

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall, Kiddom has been great to use this past few months moving to distance learning. My students had an easy time figuring out how to use it. I love that they are continuing to update Kiddom, and make it better for us.

Pros

I like that on Kiddom I am able to make my assignments under the curriculum in advance, and then not assign them until the day I need them. I also like that my colleagues are able to share assignments we have made on Kiddom to help with the work load.

Cons

What I do not like about Kiddom is that if you make a chart as an answer choice, you have to make it in the answer in order for students to write their answers in. My students accidently hit the back space all the time and then their whole chart is deleted from the assignment and they do not know what their question is.

Erica

Kiddom shortfalls

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Kiddom gets the job done, but I think it has room to improve. I have no doubt that improvements will be made because I have seen many improvements come in over the last few months. Also, your customer service team is top-notch.

Pros

I like that it is password protected and it is a safe place for me to share work with my students.

Cons

I do not like having to drag the same assignment to multiple classes to assign it. It takes too many clicks and drags. It would be beneficial to be able to select assign now on an assignment and then choose from a drop-down menu each class you want to assign it to.

It would also be beneficial to have a monthly calendar overview for students and teachers that includes due dates. Students are not the best at tracking that for themselves.

Mike

Kiddom works well for me.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Kiddom is help me to teach my students who are distance learning. Without it, my job would be much more difficult.

Pros

Once I learned how to use Kiddom, it because an ease tool to use. I like the way I can organize my lessons and assignments. Also, having the app available for students makes it more accessible to them.

Cons

The one thing that I do not like about Kiddom is the "submit" button. Too many of my students think that by clicking this button, it turns their assignment in to me. Most of the time the assignment they are to turn in is identified within the assignment. I'm afraid for our distance learners, they think all they have to do is click submit and their assignment is completed, when it is not.

Alison
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

High Quality Support from Kiddom Team, Easy Interface for Kids

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

Loved how Kiddom allows students to respond in whatever mode is best for them, audio, video, or writing. The product and customer service teams have been responsive to my needs and I have really appreciated their in-time support. Really helpful as a communication tool for giving feedback.

Cons

Did not find that the Library was all that useful, especially as the different programs do not "talk" to each other. I would not use Kiddom as my overall grading system because it was easy to navigate or customizable.

Seesaw

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

We chose Seesaw for K-1.
Lois

Review of Kiddom

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Kiddom is better than nothing, and it has a lot of potential, but there is a lot of work needed, too. I do hope my system will keep it next year because we have spent so many hours putting material on it and I want the ability to reuse it.

Pros

The appearance of it in the planning section and the ability to grade on the platform.

Cons

The appearance of it on the student side. It doesn't sync with our grade system. I can't rearrange the sequence of classes. It is really difficult going back to grade late work. I can't edit an assignment once and have it affect all classes. Students have a hard time finding assignments. There isn't a drag an drop feature so I can duplicate assignments or reorder them.

Emily

Learning Process

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Kiddom is a far more complicated alternative for distance learning resources. Though it does the job of connecting students to each other and the teacher, there are more effective resources for e-learning.

Pros

Kiddom is a useful app to use for E-learning when other resources are limited. The app can be added to clever, so students can easily access and login to the resource. However, it is more complicated than typic apps.

Cons

This software is difficult to use and not user friendly. Creating assignments is excessively time consuming and the constant updates inhibit young children's progress in maneuvering through the app.

Cortney

LMS for Classrooms

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Pros

Easy to create assignments and push out information to students.

Cons

This program was missing live updates. If I made a mistake I had to delete the assignment from each class then reassign. Live updates needs to be added.

Chad
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It gives you the access you need all together

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

It has taken some time to get use to and it had some technical issues as I began using it. However I do feel they have worked hard to resolve issues and listen to consumers to make it more user friendly and give us what we need.

Pros

That you can upload large files without needing to use another platform to hold it. However you can also link any other resources that are needed on other platforms. It makes kiddom a one stop for learners.

Cons

I want to be able to track students logins and interactions better. I can see if they login but not what they have done or accessed unless they mark it complete.

Ali

3rd Grade Teacher's Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

If I had a choice about using Kiddom or using the workbooks and creating my own assignments, I would create my own. Just not for 3rd graders.

Pros

I like that my students who are remote learning have the same assignments as the in person students. It's nice that I don't have to re-create the assignment myself and they are easy to grade.

Cons

Not user friendly for students, shows all their work all the time. TOO MUCH TYPING! Some glitches here and there and kicks students out of the program or won't them sketch like they are asked do.

Ashely
  • Industry: Higher Education

View from an Educator

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I'm doing my best with what is provided.

I'm doing my best with what is provided.

Pros

Being able to drag assignments into the timeline.

Cons

Kiddom is difficult to navigate with multiple clicks to get anywhere within the program. Once an task is assigned, you have to unassign it to fix anything then reassign it for each class. I am limited with what I can have my students do within Kiddom. Students cannot change anything or resubmit their work once it has been submitted. Students have a hard time navigating through their classes in the timeline.