MYR POS

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Palm Lane Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pros

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Cons

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

Elaine P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

will be excellent with more flexibility

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Not that happy I had problems with former systems and still have with this one. For example, I 'm experiencing problems with the app many times per day. It lags a lot. sometimes it can't take my orders ,I have to redo it many times and the client is waiting and repeating on the phone. You told me it could be my internet network but we only have one in my area and it has those problemes on with the app.

Pros

on line ordering possibilty although its lack of flexibility.

Cons

Not enough flexibility, I expected more possibiliites to prepare my menu and my delivery possibilities as well as the time it is opened for taking orders even if the store is closed. A detail that make my clients called instead of ordering online. It's upsetting since I hoped the online ordering a lot to facilitate the system. Also I wished to get my client list so I could call them back in case of problems. I have to search a lot to get their info and not earase the order completed in the kitchen app to be able to get in touch with clients. It's a big waste of time. Moreover the list would be important for emailing promotions to them as well.

Maitre'D

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

because of the problems we had such has loosing orders in the system and wouldn't come out in the kitchen. But we sometimes have the same problems with this system. Some orders won't print and I have to restart every app and reload the printer many times.

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

it semmed easier and well structured, but finally flexibility is a difficult point. for example, I can't give my real opening hours for delivery sonce WE have to quarts and you offer only one, Also clients can't order if not online on opening hours. Also the management of delivery with postal code is not specific enough. Also the x report is too long for nothing, we need less info than that while closing but we surely need to know the final amount which would be supposed to be in the cash drawers without trying to figure it out with all other devices which make it very long to close everything. You can contact me if you want more details about that survey. I would be glad to discuss it since I would like to improve it.
Mackenzie S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Btter than some, not the best

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software. We were told there is a one time intro for you or staff but we squeezed in a 15 - 20 minute 101 over the phone the day it was set up. I later asked if there is a handbook or sheet I can hand to new staff? No, there isn't. Fortunately, I have a young and patient staff who are doing their best . We had A LOT of problems with the printer, the Koomi router disconnecting, we were told this was exceptional but what it really was was EXTREMELY inconvenient and reflected very badly on us to our customers. Line ups at brunch with a printer system network only printing 6 out of 20 orders to the kitchen. Long waits, wrong orders, scrambles tables. It was a nightmare. My working hours are 6 am to 6 pm most days (with an admin day once a week) and my liaison at Koomi works from 9 - 5, Monday to friday. I am only able to address this during my "off" hours after work and this led back and forth phone calls and emails and this was not the "support" I expected. Worst was my staff were extremely frustrated and I wish I could have been assisted them with more info.

Pros

This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Cons

I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here - it prints in the kitchen. Moments later the customer decided to take it with them or add another item, it is then reprocessed and re printed to the kitchen. This can cause the kitchen to be wasting food. Also, no split bills option is a constant issue for us. All updates made on dashboard have to apply to your restaurant and your app. You are essentially giving your online customers the same access as you would in house staff BUT it's not obvious if you're not a familiar user and how to use each option isn't clear.
Example: We sell a sandwich, when you have to option to make it a combo for a set price. My in house staff will highlight the sandwich (10), then select "combo"(4.75) from the sandwiches options. Then are the specifics of that combo soup (0), salad (0), tea(0), type of tea (0), coffee (0). So sandwich combo = 14.75$
If they use the app they can select sandwich (10), then they are not obligated to select make it a combo before that can select soup(0) , salad (0), coffee (0), or tea (0). So they can select sandwich (10) + Soup (0)+tea(0) = 10$

Squirrel POS, Lightspeed Retail and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

My old POS was archaic and we had to hand write orders. We have a much higher volume and this is no longer an option.

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

They are a local Montreal company and I appreciated my account manager and felt confident that this company could assist us in making the switch.
Jeremy L.

Koomi, the point of sale app that we chose!

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

We save money, we serve more customers and there's no downtime. The customer service is INCREDIBLE. I don't usually make reviews but Koomi's team is so good that I had to. They are very close to their clientele so I feel safe. Accepting payments is one our core operations and we need perfect execution.

Pros

Koomi is very easy to use. It was very easy to integrate it with Leaves House's team and with our the other softwares and hardwares that we were using. It also works with the SRM (Quebec). Its simplicity helps us to serve the clientèle better and spend less energy on staff training .

Cons

I think there could be some improvements on the analytics side. Having said that, Koomi is very close to their users, their team listens and they are working on that.

Shopify POS, Lightspeed Retail and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

Koomi doesn't have downtime and was cheaper. Downtime for a retail business is not a good idea.

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Easy to use, integration with SRM, price.
Andi L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Perfect POS for a fast paced industry

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Before Koomi we did not have any POS system in place. We looked at every available system and Koomi is by far the best in the market. The platform is super easy to use. Staff need very little training to use this POS. Recently we started using Koomi in conjunction with Clover and the experience has been fantastic.

Pros

Koomi is always innovating and updating their process to make sure we are getting the best user experience. They always listen to our feedback and have incredible customer support. The platform itself is very user friendly and can accommodate all types of different service options.

Cons

The only issues we've ever had with Koomi are the result of the internet speed / consistency. Customer support always helps target the issue and get us back online asap.

OpenTable and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Koomi made it very easy to apply different tax brackets to suit our province tax codes. This was honestly the major factor that pulled us in. But once we started using Koomi more extensively I can see that it has a huge advantage in it's simplistic functionality and agility to adapt to our needs as a fast-paced take-out style coffee shop.
Laura H.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2021/06/25

Overall, I changed from Cluster to MYR and we are all satisfied. We get lots of new features that is adapted to our business and we get wowed by our clients all the time. When everything works

Pros

Very simple, super easy to use and to setup.

Cons

Service and updates. For some reason, I have problems at every update… And one thing that frustrated me the most is at the beginning I had to do my own setup. I am no expert in technology and felt pretty dumb asking so many questions to make sure I am doing everything properly. Service could be better, I know the boys are doing their best… when I am able to get a hold of them it’s 5 stars. They are patient and take their time to help. (Aka [SENSITIVE CONTENT])

Gabriel S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Response from Koomi

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your feedback !

Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV?

Jean-jacques D.

Koomi is good for me

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Response from Koomi

Hi Jean Jacques,

Etienne R.

Good ppa EAST to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. Now
Works with square

Cons

Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Response from Koomi

Hi Etienne,

Maori M.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Cons

no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Ty J.

Great Decision

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

This was great with all the reports available that my accountant had access to. It took a lot of time and effort out of the equation and made it easier when tax season was around. Overall it helped to determine what was selling best and how better to manage my business

Pros

The ease of implementation was really important since I started the business by myself and needed something that was going to be very user friendly. Also the layout was very functional and helped to make check out and taking orders very easy.

Cons

There were some issues with keeping orders open and adding items - however this bug was fixed through an update

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

The overall customer experience. The sales person also had a cafe and shared a lot of great knowledge with me which really made me feel like more than just a sale
Darren J.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Cons

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Lightspeed Retail and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Super informative demo and very conscientious team committed to handholding us thru the entire process, every step of the way. They kept all their promises, and then some!
Pedro V.

Koomi Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Excellent experience with Koomi POS. It is a reliable and easy-to-use POS system. Koomi facilitates our job and lets us concentrate on serving our customers. We can modify or update menu items aligned with our daily menu and stay up to date with trends and season meals. Perhaps, some type of integration with food delivering apps could be a good idea to explore.

Pros

Menu items customization
It is cloud-based
Easy to learn and manage platform
The Koomi network is very reliable
Customer service is reachable to help

Cons

1) One of the cons that we experience is with regard to "order receipts". After some time, they cannot be printed anymore and they disappear from the iPad screen and there is no space to get them in the Koomi admin space. Therefore, if a customer calls the next day looking for his/her sales receipts, it would not be possible to retrieve this information.

2) We believe that one of the features that Koomi POS should implement is the integration with third-party online ordering applications (i.e. UberEats, Skip, CHK PLZ). Like the kind of integration that Koomi has with Clover. This piece of improvement would save a lot of time for restaurant employees.

Jean-jacques D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy, fast and good value for money

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

From the beginning, a full satisfied experience. Demonstration of the software, implementation of the solution et using since 3 years, including calls to technical support.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up, to learn for employees and low expensive

Cons

Constant evolution of the software adapting to technical constraints as restaurants caracteristics

Maitre'D

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Hardware (iPad) les expensive, software more easy to use for a small business
Maria S.

Koomi is the best POS for Quick Service Restaurants

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

It has been an excellent overall experience and we look forward to using Koomi into the future.

Pros

- The very easy to use and very simple to look at interface.
- The round-the-clock reliability.
- The Clover-Flex integration.
- The top-notch technical support.

Cons

In hindsight, we only wish we would have found this solution sooner.

NCR Aloha and Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Koomi offered superior functionality and value than its competitors and did it on the relatively inexpensive and reliable iOS platform.
Martin R.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come!

It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine).

This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want.

I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Lewis W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Perfect for quick service!

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to train new employees and very easy to set up and change menu items.... its just very easy...

Cons

not very much back end reporting. would like more detailed reports with time of day, week and month spending trends.

Square Point of Sale and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

MEV compatibility, price and not many unnecessary features.
Shawn S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Koomi is purpose built for QSRs

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Fantastic.

Pros

- The built from the ground up focus on QSR franchises.
- The easy to use Koomi interface (which saves tremendously on training costs).
- The detailed and insightful reporting.
- The rapid turn around time on special requests and modifications to the software.
- The stellar technical support.
- The integration with the Clover Flex Terminal.

Cons

That we as an organization did not find and implement Koomi sooner.

NCR Aloha

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

A much lower cost to entry on a more reliable (and easy to use) iOS platform.
Annie N.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Cons

Two things would be easier:
1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups.
2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Response from Koomi

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout".

When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help!

Thanks again,

Trevor H.

Koomi POS review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

My over all experience is very good

Pros

The Support and that it’s paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

Cons

The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration

There is no liquor tax

No photos for categories

No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

It’s paperless when running multiple iPads for kitchen and bar Support is five star
Maude S.

Restaurant Candide's review

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Sarah S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Koomi review

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Its accessible from my phone. Has gotten easier to train staff on screen layout.

Cons

When it crashes it feels like there are too many hoops to go through to figure out why.
Updates are only available early in the morning, which is not convenient if you open early and there are changes that need manual adjustments. They can mess with our morning service.
Night time after hours would be better i believe...it would be nice if ypu can see what we sold during the hour instead of just amount we made during the hour.

Claudia R.

Great program, very usefriendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Great service

Pros

Quite easy to navigate and user friendly

Cons

Colour coded section would be great for more visual references
Back office, easier tally of multiple location

Reasons for Choosing MYR POS

New location opening and end of contract

Thomas B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Koomi is good for a small operation

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Ease of adding products and services onto the Koomi POS.

Cons

We are not able to remove or add an item to a bill after we proceed with the pre-payment options (End bill function).
Their is no way to void a transaction if a mistake was done with selecting a payment option.

Reasons for Switching to MYR POS

Price and size of equipment.
Gabrielle S.

Small restaurant user

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

It's positive, I've worked with most big POS services in the past and this system is perfect for a smaller place like ours. No extra features that would pay for/otherwise not use.
Customer service is super nice.

Pros

Simplified programming
Ease to produce several types of reports
Good tech support

Cons

Unable to customize (colour code) item buttons of place them in specific order on screens
Several updates
Limited options to pay for the koomi service (They only accept credit cards)