Koomi POS Reviews

Koomi POS

iPad POS for quick-serve, takeaway & on-the-go customers

4.5/5 (32 reviews)

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Reviewed on 1/23/2019

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come!

It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine).

This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want.

I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Palm Lane Review

Reviewed on 11/18/2018

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pros

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Cons

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Cons

Two things would be easier:
1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups.
2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Response from Koomi

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout".

When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help!

Thanks again,

Restaurant Candide's review

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Been using for 3 years

Reviewed on 9/18/2018

Koomi's really suited for samll service business like our coffee shop. It really helps efficiency and it take no counter space. Overall, it increases our customer experience.

Pros

Efficiency and user friendly interface that are using Ipads and Apps. Really convenient for samll spaces.

Cons

A few adjustment here and there but nothing that compromise the use of the software

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Response from Koomi

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your feedback !

Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV?

Koomi is good for me

Reviewed on 9/18/2018

Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Response from Koomi

Hi Jean Jacques,

KOOMI

Reviewed on 8/28/2018

Pros

It’s easy and simple to use, new employees pick it up right away. It’s very efficient and speeds up transactions. It’s extremely reliable. Customer service is a phone call away. It’s a perfect situation.

Cons

Nothing really.. I have no complaints.

Great system great staff

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

Pros

I like how easy the system is to use and the ability to add or delete items from my cellephone or any other device.

Cons

Honestly I don’t see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault.

Coffee shop perfect

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

Pros

You get a software with all the abilities you need for a cash register in a small shop at a perfect price.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more colors so that it's easier to find items on the menu.

Strongly recommand!

Reviewed on 9/20/2018

Excellent customer service! Great technical support when needed.
The software is very userfriendly and easy to learn for new employes...
We have been using Koomi for a year and a half now and we are so far very happy!

Pros

Very easy to use. Not expansive. Great customer service!

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to put (and it might be eventually?) quantities to the items. For invertory management.

Good ppa EAST to use

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. Now
Works with square

Cons

Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Response from Koomi

Hi Etienne,

Using Koomi for my bistro

Great been using it for 2 years and subscribe to a year plan

Pros

That you could structure it the way you like it
It’s easy to use

Cons

Can’t put orders per clients , only 1 bill or separate bills

Excellent Cash Register Replacement

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

Super Simple, No Frills, Easy to view dashboard and get reports.

Cons

I would like to colour code the buttons to make things easier. Having 24-7 customer support would be great too.

Great Local POS

Reviewed on 1/30/2019

It's very easy to use and very practical when your menu changes often.

Pros

that you can easily change your infos/items in the app

Cons

The layout of the app could be more organic. It's hard to see all the items when you check out to make sure you got the order right you need to recheck each item one by one instead of having a one slide resume.

Ease of use, day after day

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

It’s simple to use, not too expensive and the customer service is acceptable.

Pros

It’s super easy to use and anyone can learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes

Cons

The fact that it’s not directly linked to the Interac payment solution. Also, in a dream world, Koomi would be connected / linked with QuickBooks

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

We experienced a couple of technical issues but tech support is there. T
Wedid have times that we're critical an fee had to do everything's by hand. It got rectified the next day but I guess that's the price to pay when everything is online.

Pros

Easy to use. Good. Takes less spaces since it's an iPad.

Cons

No features for groups reservation to add service fee extras.

Response from Koomi

Hello Sam,

We do have an offline mode. If you would like to know how it works, please do call support and we will be happy to assist you!

7.0/10

not ready for the public

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

It's ok. I know it can't be for every individual demands of customers, but if the cms and app were more open to customization features on the client side, it would really help. The fact that it's a pretty closed system is a big thumbs down. The simplicity is acceptable and nonetheless a good app. Just hoping for more for the pricing. i feel just hiring a backend dev for a one off system would be just as expensive but with more features.
Also, customer service is horrible. No answer to emails.

Pros

cms is easy to use. its locally made. i feel like it's a small startup in a competetive market

Cons

lack of features : no custum sale reports for easy filing. Actually horrible sales reporting with only day to day reports that you have to manually file. Would actually be easier if we just had access to thendata files instead of lowering productivity by manually checking every day. also seperate exports for just taxes or just sales pre tax.
connectivity issues. Doesnt work offline or on location.
Lackluster managing of invoices on the app : doesnt help in fast intervention when in front of client if they quickly change their mind on something.
overall doesnt help me in productivity but adds a workload that could be avoided if new features were created.
updates shouldnt make the previous app version unusable. If there is an update during service it makes for yet another interruption in productivity and quality of the restaurant's service

3.0/10

Koomi for everybody

Reviewed on 3/18/2019

Pros

As we are not a restaurant, I could not speak about certain features which we don't need, but Koomi is very easy to use and can be useful for every kind of shop.

Cons

Support and tips could be more detailed on the website.

Koomi delivers

Reviewed on 11/17/2018

Koomi has made it easy for communication from the order taker to the kitchen. Order errors have been eliminated.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable and support is constantly adding new features

Cons

Nothin really comes to mind. No problems.

Terrible customer sery

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Terrible service l. When you have a problem, there’s never really an agent there to help you 24/7!

We had to close on the weekends since the software was down and there offices had no contact support on the weekends
The software needs a better design platform and a 24/7 customer support agent.
They are wuick to take your money but are gone when you need real help.

The reports are not timed properly even if you set it up in the eastern time zone and you want the report at a certain time it wont send it to you untill 3-r hours

Pros

The only think I like is that it’s user friendly

Cons

Glitches
Doesn’t communicate with the Mev
It keeps disconnecting
There is no system of colours
Its hard to punch in food items as theres no proper distinction
Forced to get the latest Ipad for a mediocre software

5.0/10

Best pos software for a coffee shop!

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Pros

Information is all in the cloud. You can access everything from any browser.

Cons

Interface could be more compact. Other than that, everything is super!

Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 11/28/2018

Overall the POS is very easy to use and flexible.

Pros

Customisation of menu with a live portal

Cons

Lack of colour coordination would be very helpful

Easy to use , works well , and fast!

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

We use Koomi because we need to use the MEV system and we like the Sqaure app for its speed and ease of use. Koomi has allowed us to do this seamlessly.

It’s fast and easy to use , if you have questions the support team is there to answer.

Pros

User friendly , works fast. Since starting with Koomi we haven’t encountered any problems so far , it’s been a smooth transition. I would recommend.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind because it is doing the job that it’s supposed to do.

Most efficient POS software

Reviewed on 10/15/2018

Pros

Easy-to-use, especially in the restaurant industry where the employee turnover, is high, the system needs to be simple to use and this is what Koomi offers. Plus the opportunity to have a dedicated mobile app for my coffee shop is a huge must.

Cons

There are some leak of integrations but the team is really pushing integration with various software on the market.