Koomi POS Reviews

Koomi POS

iPad POS for quick-serve, takeaway & on-the-go customers

4.3/5 (42 reviews)
Martin R.

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come!

It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine).

This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want.

I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Shannon W.

Palm Lane Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pros

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Cons

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

Annie N.

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Cons

Two things would be easier:
1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups.
2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Response from Koomi

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout".

When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help!

Thanks again,

Mackenzie S.

Btter than some, not the best

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software. We were told there is a one time intro for you or staff but we squeezed in a 15 - 20 minute 101 over the phone the day it was set up. I later asked if there is a handbook or sheet I can hand to new staff? No, there isn't. Fortunately, I have a young and patient staff who are doing their best . We had A LOT of problems with the printer, the Koomi router disconnecting, we were told this was exceptional but what it really was was EXTREMELY inconvenient and reflected very badly on us to our customers. Line ups at brunch with a printer system network only printing 6 out of 20 orders to the kitchen. Long waits, wrong orders, scrambles tables. It was a nightmare. My working hours are 6 am to 6 pm most days (with an admin day once a week) and my liaison at Koomi works from 9 - 5, Monday to friday. I am only able to address this during my "off" hours after work and this led back and forth phone calls and emails and this was not the "support" I expected. Worst was my staff were extremely frustrated and I wish I could have been assisted them with more info.

Pros

This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Cons

I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here - it prints in the kitchen. Moments later the customer decided to take it with them or add another item, it is then reprocessed and re printed to the kitchen. This can cause the kitchen to be wasting food. Also, no split bills option is a constant issue for us. All updates made on dashboard have to apply to your restaurant and your app. You are essentially giving your online customers the same access as you would in house staff BUT it's not obvious if you're not a familiar user and how to use each option isn't clear.
Example: We sell a sandwich, when you have to option to make it a combo for a set price. My in house staff will highlight the sandwich (10), then select "combo"(4.75) from the sandwiches options. Then are the specifics of that combo soup (0), salad (0), tea(0), type of tea (0), coffee (0). So sandwich combo = 14.75$
If they use the app they can select sandwich (10), then they are not obligated to select make it a combo before that can select soup(0) , salad (0), coffee (0), or tea (0). So they can select sandwich (10) + Soup (0)+tea(0) = 10$

3.0/10
Darren J.

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Cons

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Maude S.

Restaurant Candide's review

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Sarah S.

Koomi review

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Its accessible from my phone. Has gotten easier to train staff on screen layout.

Cons

When it crashes it feels like there are too many hoops to go through to figure out why.
Updates are only available early in the morning, which is not convenient if you open early and there are changes that need manual adjustments. They can mess with our morning service.
Night time after hours would be better i believe...it would be nice if ypu can see what we sold during the hour instead of just amount we made during the hour.

5.0/10
Gabrielle S.

Small restaurant user

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

It's positive, I've worked with most big POS services in the past and this system is perfect for a smaller place like ours. No extra features that would pay for/otherwise not use.
Customer service is super nice.

Pros

Simplified programming
Ease to produce several types of reports
Good tech support

Cons

Unable to customize (colour code) item buttons of place them in specific order on screens
Several updates
Limited options to pay for the koomi service (They only accept credit cards)

7.0/10
Marc-antoine P.

Been using for 3 years

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Koomi's really suited for samll service business like our coffee shop. It really helps efficiency and it take no counter space. Overall, it increases our customer experience.

Pros

Efficiency and user friendly interface that are using Ipads and Apps. Really convenient for samll spaces.

Cons

A few adjustment here and there but nothing that compromise the use of the software

Gabriel S.

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Response from Koomi

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your feedback !

Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV?

Jean-jacques D.

Koomi is good for me

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Koomi M is excellent with my bakery’s products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Response from Koomi

Hi Jean Jacques,

Tom H.

KOOMI

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

It’s easy and simple to use, new employees pick it up right away. It’s very efficient and speeds up transactions. It’s extremely reliable. Customer service is a phone call away. It’s a perfect situation.

Cons

Nothing really.. I have no complaints.

Nikola B.

Great system great staff

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

I like how easy the system is to use and the ability to add or delete items from my cellephone or any other device.

Cons

Honestly I don’t see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault.

Trevor H.

Koomi POS review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

My over all experience is very good

Pros

The Support and that it’s paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

Cons

The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration

There is no liquor tax

No photos for categories

No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Emilie L.

Coffee shop perfect

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

You get a software with all the abilities you need for a cash register in a small shop at a perfect price.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more colors so that it's easier to find items on the menu.

Sophie B.

Strongly recommand!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Excellent customer service! Great technical support when needed.
The software is very userfriendly and easy to learn for new employes...
We have been using Koomi for a year and a half now and we are so far very happy!

Pros

Very easy to use. Not expansive. Great customer service!

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to put (and it might be eventually?) quantities to the items. For invertory management.

Etienne R.

Good ppa EAST to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. Now
Works with square

Cons

Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Response from Koomi

Hi Etienne,

Lucio P.

Using Koomi for my bistro

Great been using it for 2 years and subscribe to a year plan

Pros

That you could structure it the way you like it
It’s easy to use

Cons

Can’t put orders per clients , only 1 bill or separate bills

Nicholas R.

Excellent Cash Register Replacement

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

Super Simple, No Frills, Easy to view dashboard and get reports.

Cons

I would like to colour code the buttons to make things easier. Having 24-7 customer support would be great too.

Stephanie L.

Great Local POS

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

It's very easy to use and very practical when your menu changes often.

Pros

that you can easily change your infos/items in the app

Cons

The layout of the app could be more organic. It's hard to see all the items when you check out to make sure you got the order right you need to recheck each item one by one instead of having a one slide resume.

Yorick C.

Ease of use, day after day

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

It’s simple to use, not too expensive and the customer service is acceptable.

Pros

It’s super easy to use and anyone can learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes

Cons

The fact that it’s not directly linked to the Interac payment solution. Also, in a dream world, Koomi would be connected / linked with QuickBooks

Sam S.

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We experienced a couple of technical issues but tech support is there. T
Wedid have times that we're critical an fee had to do everything's by hand. It got rectified the next day but I guess that's the price to pay when everything is online.

Pros

Easy to use. Good. Takes less spaces since it's an iPad.

Cons

No features for groups reservation to add service fee extras.

Response from Koomi

Hello Sam,

We do have an offline mode. If you would like to know how it works, please do call support and we will be happy to assist you!

7.0/10
Marie-christine L.

Best software for a restaurant

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Easy to install, really reasonable price for what is does. I recommand to anyone who wants to run a small business or a cafe.

Pros

It is easy to use, updates are quick and always very useful.

Cons

Nothing, really. Its everything i need for work.

Vincent F.

not ready for the public

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

It's ok. I know it can't be for every individual demands of customers, but if the cms and app were more open to customization features on the client side, it would really help. The fact that it's a pretty closed system is a big thumbs down. The simplicity is acceptable and nonetheless a good app. Just hoping for more for the pricing. i feel just hiring a backend dev for a one off system would be just as expensive but with more features.
Also, customer service is horrible. No answer to emails.

Pros

cms is easy to use. its locally made. i feel like it's a small startup in a competetive market

Cons

lack of features : no custum sale reports for easy filing. Actually horrible sales reporting with only day to day reports that you have to manually file. Would actually be easier if we just had access to thendata files instead of lowering productivity by manually checking every day. also seperate exports for just taxes or just sales pre tax.
connectivity issues. Doesnt work offline or on location.
Lackluster managing of invoices on the app : doesnt help in fast intervention when in front of client if they quickly change their mind on something.
overall doesnt help me in productivity but adds a workload that could be avoided if new features were created.
updates shouldnt make the previous app version unusable. If there is an update during service it makes for yet another interruption in productivity and quality of the restaurant's service

3.0/10
Marie-pier H.

Very good app

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

very good overall experience for the kind of need we have

Pros

it's easy to use and modify and I like the stats and overview

Cons

if you have a lot of items, it gets confusing.