InVision App

Web & mobile app prototype design-to-development platform

Jakub H.

Easy to learn

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

I was amazed be the learning curve and how I managed to do things I needed to achieve quickly. Starting with prototypes I quickly realized that the other tools provided by inVision were very useful. Live Freehand for example which is a tool for quickly and collaboratively sketching out ideas and interfaces.
The only thing which bothers me is the need to work in the browser and syncing of designs.

Pros

The speed at which I was able to achieve anything in inVision was unbilievable. The UX/UI of the tools is boiled down to the stuff one really needs and nothing else. The feature set is fine and the more one uses one thing, the more sense make other tools line Freehand and Sync.

Cons

It only runs in the browser and you have to upload your design. There is a sync plugin that helps with that, but the general building of prototypes need to be done in inVision.
Special characters and diacritics in the filenames get ignored and mess with the automatic sorting of your screens.

Good and pretty prototyping tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

In our company we use invision when collaborating on designs with the client. It is very easy and convenient: once designers upload mock-ups into invision, you can go through the mock-ups with the client, commenting everything as you notice it, and later designers receive all the comments into their mail and resolve and mark them out. Also you can mark certain regions of designs to work as links to other screens, very convenient when you want to show the client how this site/app will work. Moreover, you can use this prototype for product decisions as well, showing it to the users and gathering some data. The only drawback is the loading speed, I can remember when our entire team had to wait for quite a long time till invision loads and sometimes we couldn't understand why it doesn't load at all. But overall I like the software and would definitely recommend it.

Pros

* You can prototype your website or application easily.
* Nice collaboration tool: other people can review your prototypes, leave comments, resolve previous discussions, etc.

Cons

Interface is very heavy, sometimes you have to wait for a very long time while invision loads up. I don't understand why the developers couldn't foresee the situation that if you have lots of graphics in your prototype, you should think about a solution to load everything quickly (say, to allow to make graphics quality worse).

João victor G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Quick prototyping tool that integrates with design tools

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

InVision is a great tool for simple prototypes that you can easily share with anyone. It has integrations with design tools such as Sketch and it also has a growing environment of other features that can help with the design process, such as collaborative sketching.

Pros

With is integration with tools such as Sketch, is very easy to export artboards into InVision and quickly build a simple prototype that can be shared to desktop and mobile devices. It also has a growing environment of useful tools such as Freehand (a collaborative sketching tool) that integrates with other InVision solutions.

Cons

InVision does not have many options for developing advanced interactive prototypes. If you need to build a prototype with custom animations and timeline managing (for instance, easing effects) you'll need to resort to another tool.

Gina M.

Prototyping, made easy

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

I really enjoy how easy this product is to use. Having never used it to using it almost on a daily basis, it's become our "go-to" tool for displaying design, communication for annotating wireframes and a method of communication between the company and the client.

Cons

I wish that there were the ability to create project folders. Especially when you have a handful of people creating prototypes, it can be difficult to find the prototype you want. When you do request a feature, you get fed back a script of how they will add it to the feature list and if enough people want it, they will consider adding it to the product. When asking about the status of such request, you will not get a straightforward response.

Alyssa S.

Simple, functional, and effective prototyping platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I've been using InVision for years now to build interactive mobile and web prototypes and have almost no complaints. This is by far the best prototyping software I've used, and I recommend it to any designer looking to build interactive prototypes quickly.

Pros

Easy to use, functional, and effective prototyping platform. The platform is easy to learn and you can quickly build prototypes in minutes. Also, the Craft plugin for Sketch is awesome. Craft allows you to easily update your Sketch artboards in InVision without ever leaving the app.

Cons

Load times slow down significantly when using HD artboards, so you may be forced to use low-quality mockups when building prototypes with multiple pages.

No ability to use videos or GIFS in prototypes.

Option to set a fixed navigation is great, but there is no support for adaptive fixed navigations. For example, if your nav looks different on initial load vs. when scrolling, this can not be reflected in InVision.

New InVision studio app is a great concept, but glitchy — stick to using something else until the bugs are worked out.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Prototyping Platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

I liked how it integrates with Sketch to easily create my prototypes. It's easy to create different sections in the prototypes and link them up to each other. The inspect feature also allows developers to download assets and extract the specs from the design.

Cons

I don't like how some features aren't super intuitive to use. Multiple times while trying to create hotspots, I've selected where I want the hotspot, but clicked elsewhere on the screen instead of the save button, so it puts me in an incomplete state that I need to refresh the page in order to get out of.

Utkarsh S.
  • Industry: Design

Best for presenting your work

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

We have been using Invision to present our work to the client and all we need to do is to drag and drop our exported files to invision and you get a shareable link that you can share with the client. This has made our everyday lives easier. Another best part is you can also disable the link whenever you want to stop sharing the project.

Pros

The best part of this software is that it makes your work look more presentable. It is extremely easy to use and is also you can also create hotspots in your project with an ease and you can have a clickable prototype ready. Clients can also add comments to a particlur section of the page.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about Invision is that there is no revert or undo option if you have made any changes to the project. Another part is that sometimes it just auto shuffles the files within a project which disturbs the flow of the project especially when you are giving a walkthrough to a client.

John H.

Great Tool For Webdev Teams

Reviewed on 2018/09/30

I'd say Invision is leading the pack in the type of product they're trying to sell (collaborative design mockups) and they are clearly putting a lot of working into improving their product each month. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

As a developer for a webdev team, I enjoy having Invision as a source of truth for design standards and how sites should look/feel. We have our clients review items in Invision so they can see what the finished product will look like before we start working and it clears up a lot of confusion. Recently they added some great Inspect features to help developers pull out design specs (font sizes, spacing, colors, image files, etc) from the designs so that the handoff from design to dev is nice and smooth.

Cons

My only complaint is that the load times can be a bit slow, which can be annoying if you're trying to cycle through a large number of designs to find a specific item.

Doug G.

On the verge of being the best

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

We use InVision to articulate a design solution prior to development. This allows us to test prototypes with users, validate ideas and designs early on in the product development cycle to save time, cost, and deliver solutions with a higher degree of confidence.

Pros

Prototyping is very quick and with the release on InVision Studio. It works well with Adobe XD, Sketch, and Figma. It also provides ease of handoff from design to development with Design System Manager and Inspect features.

Cons

Prototypes are "artboard" based which means linking up many screens of a UI to make a prototype. Unfortunately, the ability to create rich interactions based on logic or nice animations is almost impossible. Hopefully, Invision Studio will solve some of these challenges, but right now, Invision isn't ideal for high fidelity interaction design and prototypes that feel realistic.

• Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A truly great prototyping tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Our group develops web and mobile applications. InVision has been super helpful to us for both customer approval and prototyping, as well as a guide for our developers. It's quick and easy for our designers to put something together, we can quickly get that prototype to our customer and get their signoff. Then the programmer is provided with something more significant than a simple wireframe and can start developing. It's been a game changer for our small, nimble team.

Pros

Very easy to design / develop prototypes, and very easy to share the prototype with the end user and walk them through the design. In mobile / web design, it can be hard for customers to visualize functionality, and this gives us a way to quickly demonstrate interaction, which allows us to quickly change pieces before the developers build the actual application.

Cons

Very little to complain about. I really appreciate and enjoy this app.

Sandeep S.

Great Product For Designers & Developers

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

i am working for small company where you need to work little faster then other companies because there's no team of designers & everything we need to approve quickly.
so we are using InVision for Mockup designs to show management & for reference when we develop things from PSD to wordpress , magento etc.
even presentation if you have feedback you can write down notes too..

Cons

sometime i feel they need scale to show design dimessions

Mark B.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Design Then Build Armormax.com

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

It has been great and would highly recommend them for any design visuals you need. They are always updating the product and have a great team.

Pros

I had never heard of InVision before but we had hired a very reputable design firm to help us update and add some new features on our site. The team presented us with some slides and designs using Invision and it was great and very easy to click through comments and see how the product would look before they coded it. I highly recommend this software if you are design company because it is easy to show your clients what you are working on.

Cons

It was easy to use and I love the company that presented it to us. I wish it was a little easier to sync with Dribbble layouts and other platforms but they really have a good product going for them on the design front.

Kurt Y.

Invision bring ease to developers.

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

InVision help me reduce the misunderstanding between designers and developers on the layout by showing the exact layout on the screen. It makes developers' work more efficiency.

Pros

- Upload file easily.
- Provide a better vision to developers ( Mobile / Website ) on layout.
- Provide a intuitive interactions

Cons

- Complex issues that cant solve by customer service
- Without wireframe support
- Will be good if there is in-app ability.

Jose G.

Must have for digital design teams

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

I manage software development teams that use Invision as part of their day to day workflow.

Pros

It's excellent at providing a solid workflow for delivering design assets to clients. It lets us share with clients and receive feedback in a straightforward way. It's also very useful when we need to setup demos using mockups.

Cons

I think searching through design assets could be simpler or more functional.

Clement P.

Ease of feedback

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

The comment features allow for context based feedback across the entire team. We can have discussions around each element instead of getting lost in a Slack thread.

Craft makes exporting from Sketch incredibly easy. Its an integral tool for my feedback and quick prototyping workflow.

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time.

Roshni K.
  • Industry: Design

Easy to implement and customizing products/designs is fun

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

It is an incredible tool. Easy to use and well made.
Certain things do drag it down but the incredible feature are worth to use it.
If you are a beginner and searching for designing this is an amazing software to start with.

Pros

It makes the process so much easy by adding the comments and desktop sync.
It fulfills the basic requirement of what is required to be used in designing.
I love the craft plugin.
Easy to update screens.
Customizing the design/product is made simple.
Prototyping is easy

Cons

Difficult to organize.
There are some glitches during prototyping.
Web page takes time to load as it is very heavy.
Converting images to Vectors is difficult.

Best prototyping software available!

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Easy to use prototyping software

Pros

InvisionApp is great for prototype applications. I love InvisionApp. My favorite feature is the commenting. The commenting tool is great for allowing clients & users to leave feedback on designs. The live screenshare feature is also great for presenting designs to clients.

Cons

Prototypes often crash during live presentations. Loading prototypes on both mobile and desktop can be slow at times. I've often experienced load times over 2 minutes during presentations.

Pavel A.

If you want to Level UP

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

My overall experience is good, because I managed to level up my and my company design skills, which is the point of everything.

Pros

Great tool if you want to take your design to a next level.
It provides you with the features to do it and to really make the difference in your company.

Great for prototyping and for showing the end result to your clients.
The option to leave notes and all to be at one place is great.

Cons

Sometimes it loads slow and it feels like ages to load everything, especially when you are chasing a deadline.
Also it does have some minor bugs or glitches on the web version, but I do believe the will be fixed.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for showing prototypes!

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Pros

Although I do not create my prototypes in InVision, I use this site to upload my prototype and link the various buttons and links to the correct pages for testing and presentation purposes. I absolutely love the InVision plugin for Sketch because it makes exporting much easier. Once my prototype is in InVision and ready to go, I can just share a link to everyone! I also love that these prototypes and shareable links can be password protected.

Cons

This site is very helpful and easy to use but sometimes it has weird glitches for unknown reasons but going back to the previous page helps.

Richard R.

As a developer, invision takes away a lot of guess work

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Brilliant. Can't complain at the level of detail.and accuracy

Pros

I'm a developer, so I use invision mock-ups sent from our designer to implement the design. It's amazing to be able to see which CSS applied to which element and the exact spacing of nearby items.

Cons

You need an account to be able to view the dev details of a design, and there are limits on how many things can be shared with 1 account.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Many good functions

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

In my opinion, Invision is a complete software and also it easily connects with other programs we use. I can easily say, it has became indispensable in our work environment.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about inVision at the moment.

Sara M.
  • Industry: Design

A prototyping tool every ux designer should be using

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Easy to use tool to prototype and design user interfaces. I like all the plugins between invision and sketch. Also they’re always improving and adding more features.

Cons

Nothing I dont like. I use it everyday and wouldnt change anything.

Hans p. H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Awesome for designing applications and websites

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

We use InVision to design a high volume of client websites and pass those designs along to developers for a seamless app or website development process.

Pros

Our agency uses InVision to mock up website UIs primarily, but InVision has so many other potential uses.

InVision has made their software extremely easy to use, even as someone with no app or website design experience could pick it up within a few hours. InVision Studio, a new product of theirs, is blazing the way for UI design for mobile, desktop, tablet, or any other screen size you can imagine. They allow you to virtually create your website or app before spending tens or hundreds of development hours to get to the same place. A huge money saver for startups, entrepreneurs, or established businesses.

I highly recommend InVision for just about any UI design/ mockup projects you may have.

Cons

Until InVision Studio came out, I always thought InVision lacked the features to be a useful-as-possible UI design tool. InVision used to be more about sharing app or website designs with a developer, but now it's packed with additional features.

Jason taylor F.

InVision is Industry Standard- Solid Choice for A Unified Team

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

I found it to be expensive, helpful to our design focuses teams, but difficult for collaboration given the (lack of a true) notifications scheme.

Pros

I liked that it is strong and robust and InVision let's you do basic prototyping, there's drag/drop (not the best section management but okay). My favorite aspect is the Jira integration so you can easily align the tickets with the mock-ups.

Cons

Onboarding is stressful and keeping different teams on the same page is a challenge. New slides or changes don't automatically update teams (no true subscribe feature). So it's great if everyone is aware on what's being worked on, but if you're iterative you have to send out your own notifications since InVision doesn't seem to be able to do it for you.

Best software tool for distribute the mockups for design and development

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

- The best thing is the mobile app, which can be installed in the Android and iOS Application and so that the user can see how the screens look in the mobile itself
- The features are great
- Sketch plugin by invision is great and used to fill mockup datas

Cons

Nothing much to complain about in terms of features and functionality. But the app is bit slow in terms of usage speed.