InVision App Reviews

InVision App

Web & mobile app prototype design-to-development platform

Antonio
Antonio
  • Industry: Automotive

Tool to design prototypes and gather feedback, with good integrations.

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

We're building unused activities for our buy and development pipes, we're moreover attempting to make strides our members' encounter by assembly client needs and qualifying them with convenience tests, that's where a device like InVision comes in, utilizing its builder include. models. Get fast, significant partner input on unused plans we're working on by sharing models with partners and clients. We realized the esteem of getting design feedback quickly so we are able make alterations and begin improvement as before long as conceivable. Models are less demanding to share with designers or commentators, InVision bridges the crevice between the client and the architect in terms of input gathering, data exchange and contact. We are required to illustrate interaction behaviors to them as we construct web pages or apps, so we transfer JPG records and interface them with hotspots to associated and test them some time recently sharing them with my colleagues. In my opinion, InVision could be a incredible way to appear these concepts with a straightforward way to share them.

Pros

I just like the plan prototyping usefulness, we utilize this instrument all the time at my company to form models, share them with different partners, collect their criticism and reply their questions live on the model. InVision is so basic to utilize, and each division can rapidly process a modern plan and rapidly give input. I like how the models are intuitively so the viewer can press like they would a live item, it's a simple to utilize genuine time arrangement instrument to adjust plan input, usefulness additionally communication with any building accomplice. It's incredible that model hotspots are simple to utilize and have beautiful default activitys, also since numerous portable formats are put away on a gadget by default, there's no have to be incorporate gadget layouts in format records, which decreases record sizes and makes sharing simpler.

Cons

Truly, a few of the plugins can be a small peculiar, I discover the artisan plugin a bit hit and miss, particularly when it's attempting to update itself, on event it'll "get out of match up" and have to be be re-integrated. I do not like how hard it is to upgrade format records after a extend has as of now been built; You have got to be exceptionally cautious almost choosing the particular records that changed, when on other stages, like Adobe XD Models, you just click a button and you're done. One thing I did not appreciate almost inVision was the amazingly high monthly cost. Instead of trying to find enlightening in a isolated region of the site, I'd like to see more instructional exercises within the apps or on the versatile app.

Edwin
  • Industry: Graphic Design

InVision Product Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Overall, my experience with InVision was great. I was actually fairly impressed with their features and capabilities. It was easy to get the hang of, had a lot of the same hot-keys as Adobe Photoshop and worked well within a team setting.

Pros

What I liked most about InVision was actually surprising...Their built-in animations for prototypes were amazing and the ability to create multiple "boards" or project pages within one screen was impressive. Also, very cool how I was able to sync projects online for my team to then view.

Cons

To be honest, InVision did lag at times...I actually found the software to freeze up on me, erroring out the program. Also, once a project gets pretty hefty with multiple boards/animations, it can be hard to navigate...It's important to stay as organized as possible when building projects within InVision.

Gerald

InVision review

Reviewed on 2021/04/22

I think for general, very basic teamwork use it is a simple app that allows users to post visual documents as a whole with ease. The drag and drop enhances that ease and makes it feel like a virtual space for sharing information as compared to emails. So, Invision has been helpful in making efficient use of time and for seeing things as a whole. there are some flaws however, like getting lost in the board, or glitches that removes pictures or disallowing users to navigate across the board.

Pros

Invision is very straightforward with what it is supposed to do, as a graphic design student, we have many critique sessions. and Invision has been a great alternative in this online environment to physical wall pins. It allows us students to easily upload work in a way that is presented as a whole, and as design students, it is important to be able to see the whole visually.

Cons

I do not know if this is an in progress thing but I find it super annoying when I get lost in the Invision board. Sometimes when I open the link I just got directed to a random spot and I have to manually find my work in the board which takes time, knowing the huge space of the board. I think it would be solved if they made a pinning feature or something so we don't get lost in the board. I experienced this several times and it led to very unproductive meetings.

Diego
  • Industry: Media Production

Stylish, easy to use and overall a useful tool for designers

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

I used this for some basic app design drafting and I can't complain, because it delivered in terms of me being to showcase my app in detail. However, its price tag and lack of robust features kept me away from keeping it beyond the free version.

Pros

It's very well designed, it's rather easy to get into if you're new to wire framing or app design. The overall product is great for portability and sharing with clients/peers. It allows for a very stylish way to showcase an app idea and do sort of a real-life run-through of how it will look. It offers great integration with Photoshop or Sketch.

Cons

The free version only allows one project upload. If you work independently, it's a rather expensive investment for what it offers. It's also lacking some advanced features (like advanced animation) that would make it a more serious and worthy of its price tag.

Burhan
Burhan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A must have tool for rapid prototyping

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

It's really an awesome tool and a life safer. We use it in every project of ours. And share it with stakeholders to take feedback and developers when handing off.

Pros

It let's you create interactive prototypes. You can define clicks, hover state, overlays, popups, floating buttons, fixed header and footer, and animations.

You can try it for free. With free version you can create one prototype and share with developers or client.

Invision has Craft plugin for Sketch and Photoshop. So you don't have to manually upload your designs to invision project. All you need to do is press the sync button and all your design updates will be sync on invision project.

Another reason to love Invision Prototype is the ability to share the project with client and take their feedback through comments. And once changes are done you can mark those comment as resolved.

Developers love invision too, because under inspect menu, they can see dimensions, colors, fonts and other specs of design. And download whatever icons or images are required.

Cons

Adding popups is a work around, you have to add black dot and the bottom right pixel of your popup image. They could've program it, so you didn't have to add a pixel to define color of your background overlay.

If you're working on a web project and your website has a sliding navigation. Then your prototype won't be sliding on scroll. However you can add scroll to point on screen. And add custom point to the next slide where you want to scroll vertically.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Medical Devices

The best collaboration tool for creative design.

Reviewed on 2023/05/14

Able to create a wide run of profoundly aesthetic plans with this app, our clients presently discover it much more curiously to share models, InVision gives clients, supervisors and others within the organization with models to communicate data. The most issue we are tending to with this arrangement is that cross-functional group individuals can procure the data they got to succeed in their individual errands. I am as of now developing an application and the benefits incorporate sparing time and exertion, as well as making my work simpler; UX/UI architects can make models, engineers can find the precise specs to take after, and analyzers can utilize those specs to get it what they're testing. We may moreover appear these models to customers early within the improvement stage and collect their input, permitting us to rapidly alter the plan based on your input.

Pros

It is great computer program and has all the essential assets, it makes me make indeed more imaginative ventures that InVision is so simple to abuse, it gives the brand a much sleeker and modern see and makes a difference make strides commerce prospects. Anything can be custom fitted to your particular needs, assessment is incredible when communicating plan prerequisites from designers. Life is so much way better presently that there's a one stop shop accessible, usually a incredible device for expansive and little businesses alike. InVision is an fabulous device for creating client interfacing based on input, determinations and collaboration, it permits me to communicate with my clients and co-workers in genuine time. I can moreover test how my model app works or will work on my phone, the degree of detail that can be indicated is genuinely boundless; We utilize InVision very regularly when patching up the client interface for site modernization ventures, and what we appreciate having this device is that it's profitable to all individuals, whether they're architects, analyzers, or designers.

Cons

InVision is more often than not exceptionally moderate, the choice to coordinated other program is nearly continuously troublesome, there are too exceptionally broad record transfer issues, the GUI which makes it exceptionally aggravating is additionally exceptionally complex to control. Some time recently the discharge of Studio, I required a few outside Portray plugins to naturally adjust plans with InVision. One drawback is that going from one mode to another, from demo mode to model mode, takes as well numerous clicks, it would be awesome to have a responsive UI choice that would consequently resize/scale desktop formats to coordinate the versatile see. The screen estimate of my app format, as well as the connect route estimate I am given to check out on my phone, are not ideal. It doesn't depend on the measure of my phone, but I got to plan my app to fit my phone measure.

Maria
Maria

Game changer

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

It facilitates and reduces the efforts that I have to make to upload my work to the web app for presentations. Making interactive prototypes that are web-based has also made collaboration and user testing easier.

Pros

I love the efforts that InVision has made to make their product sync with other programs such as Sketch and Photoshop. The craft plugin has made a lot of my work very easy since I don't have to upload my screens to InVision. The ability to sync, but to also apply and sync hotspots directly from InVision has speed up my work and it's just one less thing to worry about.

Cons

Currently the software has some limitations within the web app. I think there has been tremendous efforts to make the product work seamlessly with other apps such as Sketch, but when modifying certain aspects such as animation or hotspots on the web app, there are a lot of limitations as far as what the user can do. These limitations, specifically with the animations, can make designs static for the most part and not very "animated".

Response from InVision

Hi Maria, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed you¿re an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program!

We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. It¿s also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community.

If you¿re interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at [email protected]!

Aizat
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Miro alternative, easy to use and affordable for teams.

Reviewed on 2023/06/17

Good, we need to add more robust presentation tools. I like how Miro does it. Being able to export to Powerpoint is also a bonus.

Pros

It's easy to use, not complicated, and affordable for teams. It does one thing and does it well. I hope they'll continue to add more templates.

Cons

Lack of templates to start with; I hope there will be more templates coming in the future.

InVision app

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

Pros

It is easy to use and provides great features which helps to visualize the user flow.

Cons

I didn't experience any inconveniences with this app so far.

Carlie

Easy Tool for Prototyping

Reviewed on 2023/10/09

I consider InVision an essential tool during my user interviews!

I consider InVision an essential tool during my user interviews!

Pros

InVision is a great tool to show case the new features and tools that our Product team is building. I use InVision to upload my potential product designs to bring to my user interviews. InVision makes it super easy to share a prototype link with a potential user to have them click around what the product might look like and give real time feedback.

Cons

The annotation tool is a bit confusing to me. It also is cumbersome to link together all the pages, especially if you have a complex tool that you are trying to piece together.

Erik
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Excellent web tool, but it's lacking some key features

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

I am very pleased with Invision and I am happy my design team introduced me to its features and functionality. I have used it in many presentations to show clickable, working prototypes of my designs and will continue to do so despite its notable limitations.

Pros

I like the clean, quick interface of Invision. I love how you can import files directly from Sketch or Photoshop. The freehand is really useful when I just want to draw up a quick idea or even take hand written notes. If you have a touchscreen computer, you can really benefit from this feature. I also appreciate that updates are made in real time and you can see the changes you've made to hotspots applied on the screen the moment you switch from building mode to preview mode.

Cons

One big thing is that you can not add a clickable hover state in Prototype mode! This is a feature people have been requesting for over a year. From what I see in forums, the support team keeps saying they will "send it to the devs to see if it's a feature that can be added" but have never followed through. This is an essential feature that is being overlooked. For example, if you want a dropdown menu to appear when you hover over a menu item AND be able to click on the individual menu items in the dropdown this is NOT POSSIBLE in Invision. You can only have one or the other. As a workaround, I have made the menus appear by clicking instead of hovering but it involves importing transparent menus which is clunky and time-consuming. Please fix this, devs!

In addition to the freehand feature, I wish there was an option to prototype with custom wireframes with a tool which allows you to choose from wireframe presets and build your site from the ground up that way. Sometimes, freehanding is not really an option. Also, you should be able to directly import files from Adobe Illustrator and Adobe XD as those are more widely used for web design rather than Photoshop.

David

Doesn't keep the pace with other tools

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

One of the things I've always loved of Invision is its ease of sharing all my projects with my colleagues or clients. The app is cool any easy to use. The sketch/PS tools plugin are useful and the inspect tool helped me a lot of times, as a developer.

Cons

InVision still lacks of features that we have in Sketch and, better of both, Figma. The smoothness, ease of share, independence from any OS are crucial and that's why we chose Figma.

It still has some bugs that come up with BIG projects such as linking to a specific element of a mockup and so on. I am really upset as a developer because it limits my communication with our designers.

Figma

Balsamiq
Rejin
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great tool to easily showcase wireframes, gather feedback and promote faster development

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

It's a great tool for designers to gather quick feedback on their designers and it also helps developers to some extent.

Pros

The best feature of Invision I would say it's ability to sync with design apps like Photoshop and Sketch. It becomes easier for designers to quickly create flow mockups to provide for stakeholder reviews. It has a comment tab wherein any one can click on any location and comment specifically for that location for better clarity. It also helps developers with its develop mode. This provides for easy copy of text and colours in an element and almost accurate styling to use. This also has an assets tab wherein the designer can add in assets required for the development of the project in a highly organized manner.

Cons

One of the issues I faced with copy pasting text from Invision into my code is that it included rich text, which renders as gibberish on a web page. One other con I felt was that sometimes it becomes difficult to find out the distance between two elements specifically when a text element is involved (Height of the element is set automatically even though it's not needed). It becomes a little difficult to set padding or margin in our code accordingly.

UTKARSH
UTKARSH
  • Industry: Design

The best software to present you work

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

This software has really simplified the process of presenting and sharing our work with internal teams and clients. The fact that Invision is simple and easy to use, it saves a lot of time and efforts. We don't rely on presentations anymore and we just send a clickable link to the client.

Pros

The best thing I like about Invision is that it makes our work presentable and appealing. Its simple to use as you just have to drag and drop your screens and create a link that can be shared with anyone. You can also convert your design into a clickable prototype and understand how the interaction will work. This feature just elevates your designs without even spending too much time and effort.

Cons

The biggest thing that I don't like about Invision is that it changes the order of the files sometimes. I assume that it is a bug and not a function of the app but it really creates a lot of confusion if you have shared the link with the client. The other things I don't like about this software is that it does not have integration with Figma and I have to export and upload my screens each time the client asks for iterations

Marko
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to make interactive prototypes that feel real

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

I used the app when developing educational apps and websites to create interactive prototypes to test some of the planned features and to present/pitch the project to decision makers and funders. Once we developed the wireframes, and later mockups of screens, we assembled them within the app, made interactive connections and in literally fifteen minutes it felt like a real experience of using the app. The great thing was that for our pitch we showed it on a mobile device to a VIP decision maker and it felt as though we have already developed the app, making our pitch much easier. It is easy to use and it allows you to get feedback from the user/client at a really early stage so you save a lot of time and effort.

Pros

This app offers an easy way to make interactive prototypes for websites or apps you are developing that feel real to the clients/users you are presenting to. If you already have screenshots developed in adobe or some other software this is a great way to quickly assemble them together and create a sense of flow and actions. It helps if you want to test how a user would use the site/app, but it can also be a great way to make your pitch much better if you don't yet have a functional prototype. In my case it meant that we could even make a short explainer video about the app, before coding a single line. The app has other very useful features for collaboration on the project that I have not used to the full potential due to the size of the team that worked on these projects, but whenever we are doing a similar project, we use this app as a must-have tool.

Cons

The learning curve is not very steep, but it is advisable that you check the guides of how you do things in it, since this might sometimes waste you some time if you are one of those people (like me) who likes to "figure it out on your own" - especially if this is the first time using such a product.

Patrick

A must for web design

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

We use InVision to design and prototype our website to share with clients and to get full approval. It also has some very nice features for developers, like the ability to hover over a color or font and get the necessary information (sizes, hex colors, etc).

Pros

InVision has become our go-to tool for web design. InVision Studio allows you to complete full designs - not just import them from other design tools. My favorite part of this is that designs can be built in a component-based manner. Basically, a button can be created once, then used as many places as necessary. If a change is made to the master at any point, it will update everywhere it was used. Think of it as working much like linking to an image in Illustrator, but the whole design can be built in this manner. Then, onced published, you can prototype the entire tool - linking buttons to subsequent pages, simulating menus opening, etc. It's truly fantastic!

Cons

My biggest complaint is that InVision provides a job list - basically all projects you have access to see. Unfortunately, it doesn't include projects other people have shared with you, so you have to be creative in storing links to those projects. For us, we add the design links in our project management tool for each project. Very workable, but it is an irritation if you work in something like an agency setting where a handful of people create projects and share them across the board.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Prototyping and collaboration in a fast and efficient manner

Reviewed on 2021/09/07

Pros

InVision is the software we use for creating our designs along with Zeplin. It provides us with the ability to share the design with various stakeholders across various teams within our company and easily evaluate the design before development. It allows designers to communicate with stakeholders, including developers, in a way that avoids the communication gaps that often occur at the project level.Furthermore, the ability to specify the access rights between the client, developer, designer, or project manager makes this tool easier to manage.

Cons

A better way of branching or versioning the changes is needed, because the UI/UX started to make changes to the existing version and that results in confusion. I would also appreciate if they integrated the changes aspect into the project management tools.

Luisana

Easy, fast and organized.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

The most important benefit is that we can have a clear and objective communication with the customer, which allows us to work agile and comfortable. The work is fluid and there is no confusion when discussing changes in defined prototypes.

Pros

Invision is a tool that allows us to easily organize our projects and have an understandable communication with our clients. Thanks to this tool you can take a better control of the projects, which includes changes, customer opinions (which are always very valuable) and as a consequence the achievement of the objectives is done without problem, which allows us to have satisfied the client .

Cons

What I least like is that there is no offline version to work on. It would be great to have an application on the phone or downloadable on our computers.

Response from InVision

Hi Luisana, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed you¿re an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program!

Chamath
Chamath

InVision has made my life so much easier

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

I generally recommend this app to anyone. It saves a lot of my time and energy and it makes communicating with my clients more fun and in-context. I will be waiting for app updates as I am positive the developers can improve more on the cons I cited.

Pros

Before using InVision, I have also tried using similar interactive presentation platforms. However, this app is by far the best in this segment.

Moreover, this is not to say that it is perfect because I noticed several points of improvement which I think the developers need to put focus on in order to maximize the functionality of this technology in-line with the actual needs and preferences of its users.

Pros -
1. Interactive interface
InVision has made my life so much easier, to be honest. Before this app, I usually have to send my designs as .pdf file or take screen shots to send to clients. Upon using InVision, it got easier to discuss a project with a client through its real-time interactive interface. I can easily view my client's comments and requests in context and I can edit the design right away.

2. Free-hand sketching
This is indeed a revolutionary feature that I very much enjoy. It allows users to take full control of the creative designing, with adequate available in-app tools to create excellent designs.

Cons

Cons -

1. Few choices of animations and transitions
There should be more choices for this. Right now, I keep on using the same ones for different projects. Adding more animations and transitions will allow users to integrate more action, and vibrance to each presentation, removing the monotony.

2. App loading time in mobile
It takes a while before the app is ready for use after launching. It is not that much bothering as I can use it smoothly once it loads, but it could be quicker.

Harit

Great prototyping and design collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2023/02/16

Overall it has been a great journey. I am still using Invision for design purposes. It has be fantastic tool and future is very bright.

Pros

There are many advantages of Invision and one of them being integrations. It integrates with some popular design tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe XS, etc. Invision also offers a huge library of UI Components and templates so designers can easily customize specific needs.

Cons

As of now, I haven't found any cons for Invision. Some settings are hard to take grasp at the beginner level but overall it is perfect.

Diego
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Faster and complete solution

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Very quickly solved a problem we had to present our projects and collect feedback from customers in a practical and fast way.

Pros

It has many prototyping features. I really like how Invision works with project management and feature Demo Board.

Cons

The only thing I think against is the values of the plans compared to other solutions. There could be a more affordable plan for emerging markets if the currency is not a dollar.

Framer and Figma

Reasons for Choosing InVision App

Features and Demo Board

ProtoPie
Shravya

Reviews on InVision App

Reviewed on 2022/11/25

Pros

We have been using InVision App for more than 2 years. Its a great tool to easily create prototypes from your designs. It is easy to share within the team, and the comment features are great which helps us in getting feedbacks.

Cons

When you view the designs in a mobile version, it is not too easy to view the screens

Rob
Rob

Fantastic Design Tool for Supporting Iterations and Feedback on Interactions

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

I love this software because it makes it so easy for me to work with our design team on seeing and interacting with screen designs and interactions. Designers can upload/create the various web pages or mobile screens along with tap zones that then allow me to "run" the screen prototype to get a feel for how the design will work. This is critical for interaction design and information architecture design. And we can support these cycles without having to literally code them saving on time and cost.

I also really like how you can run these as mobile "native" app prototypes as well.

The tap zones can be highlighted so that users know what is "available" to be interacted with inside the screen prototype.

It also supports the ability to easily comment on each screen facilitating communication between designers, product managers, engineers, etc.

Finally, the actual UX specs can also be obtained via the tool for RGB values, font sizes etc. This helps the development teams code the actual design.

Cons

Not much. I like it all! Perhaps the one thing would be that it's not super easy to get screenshots out of the tool. Particularly for long web pages, this would be nice to have. There is a way to get the underlying image but it takes several clicks per screen which can be tedious and time-consuming.

Daniel
Daniel

Invision Revolution.

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

InVision helps all of us who sometimes design and create prototypes, to have the greatest number of elements requested by the client, in addition to showing that they can be minimalist and with a deep quality.
Happy with the results that InVision gives us.

Pros

A wonderful application to make and share prototypes, whether for web, Android or Iphone (the main ones), has Invision. They have been able to offer technology, since the prototypes are very interactive and can possess background data.
In addition to receiving information or data, when they are published. Invision opens us to a fantastic world of design and prototype; That meet high standards in terms of quality.
It offers its free version and payment (the latter with greater benefits).

Cons

There is not much that I do not like in Invision, since I use it and I love it. I think maybe some things that can be added as another product is project management, although they already have a task management, but project management will help a lot.
The allocation of project or portfolio management would create a level higher than that of InVision. I would create it more powerful since it would not be necessary to leave the application to mark prototypes made and hours invested in each one, with reports. The prototypes for VR and MR are also improved. Of the rest enchanted with InVision.

A tool I use for every UX project

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Overall, this tool has done nothing but improve my day-to-day workflow.

Overall, this tool has done nothing but improve my day-to-day workflow.

Pros

There are so many things I love about InVision. I love how the Craft plugin is so easy to use that I can sync by designs to InVision effortlessly. Plus, this software makes collaboration even easier with comment mode. The inspect mode also allows devs to quickly grab CSS straight from my designs.

Cons

I don't have many cons. My only complaint is that when using the build mode, it can be buggy at times. I'll go to drag a hotspot but nothing shows so I have to flip to preview mode then back to build mode and then I see this giant hotspot. I can delete it so it's not a huge deal but it does get quite tedious have to switch back and forth so much to be able to create a new hotspot.