STS Cloud Reviews

STS Cloud

Cloud-based software for sales & catering teams

4.3/5 (52 reviews)
Jody C.

A great CRM tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

STS solves the logistical issues of trying to track multiple accounts in various stages of booking. This gives me the ability to quickly set up a reminder to myself to follow up on any topic, and the auto fill traces alone save hours in a busy schedule.

It allows us to enter data once, and output in various documents that satisfy contract, reporting, and informational needs. And once it is accurate, it is accurate on every document automatically.

The company has been incredibly responsive to our needs, from the initial setup to implementation. They have corrected any issues that we have had, and even developed new functions on request. Good setup is imperative, because once it has been configured to satisfy the needs of your organization, it will be a great asset for your staff.

Pros

This software allows me to efficiently document the relationship with each client, managing the contacts, contracts, events, and everything in between. It is a "one and done", as I can enter the data once and have it create contracts, BEOs, invoicing, reports, and schedule reminders for future contacts. It eliminates the need for paper files, as everything is at my fingertips. I can attach files, so it also holds signed contracts, room layouts, and more.

I especially love the fields that allow me to record information about clients, including a picture. With a database of contacts, it's nice to have a face with the correspondence to refresh my memory of who I am speaking with.

My most favorite part of the software has to be ProposalPath. Being able to put together a proposal that looks professional and polished in a matter of a few clicks is amazing! Digital delivery is important in this age, and being able to provide links to vital documents is a big plus.

Cons

The most disappointing was that the calendar did not correlate with my bookings. HOWEVER, I must mention that they were quick to make this change, and currently, it allows click through from the calendar to the actual booking.

Laurie W.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

easier to run reports.

Pros

What I like most with the new STS program is that I know if I have any questions or frustrations with learning the new program, the rep is right there to help us out. He's quick to respond- and always willing to go through things, again and again, if needed for us to understands.

Cons

It was confusing to learn it. Not very user-friendly. Wanted to give up, and go back to old version - but, thanks to rep's patience with me, he kept me from jumping ship. lots of navigating that was hard to pick up on for me.

5.0/10
Daniela A.

Excellent Product - ROI gauarnteed

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

This is the new-generation of CRM, functio platform, I love the fact it is cloud-based so I can even respond to my clients while on the road. Amazing feature being, able to intephase with Proposal Path.

Pros

Is super sales-friendly, it 's an intuitive system - so is easy to use, in all aspects: guestrooms, function space inventory, CRM, reports, GRC - forget about eternal ticket and case reports to get something fixed or enhanced, and bye, bye to time consuming reports. As an administrator you can give immediate solution to almost any request, so that you can focus on selling or being with clients and the sales team for that matter.

Cons

the set-up stage, and training for the team... but once we all got used to the system, things are flowing as expected - or even better. It would be perfect if it would be compatible with our PMS..

Maggi V.

Wonderful service and easy to use product

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I love the quick response from the sales team and the helpdesk. I have been working with the program for several years now and really feel that it makes my teams job easier.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and how intuitive the product is. It is ideal for a smaller independent property and sales team - and ideal when compared to Delphi in ease of use and price point.

Cons

I love STS and the partner product proposal path- but I with the two worked together for pace reporting.

Efrain V.

A great system in need of some security features.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

In general, our experience have been good. It is a great program easy to read and to work with. We can't wait to receive more improvements.

Pros

Love that is web based and can be accessed virtually anywhere.

Cons

I don't like that it does not have any security levels. Anyone can log in and make changes to any bookings without permission. There should be levels of authority where the Director of Sales and the Administrator are the only ones that can make changes to other user accounts. Similar programs allow "only" the Director of Sales and "Admin" to change bookings from tentative to definite and to be able to have access to all reports. In addition, all contracts print with a small font making it difficult for many clients to be able to read them.

Easy Street STS

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Love working with this system. I am use to Compass, and this is a lot simpler to use.

Pros

I love that it is very user friendly and easy to manage. The lay out is simple to navigate and be able to find client information or past events on simple search. It saves any changes when editing any data. Reports are simple and easy to read. Would like to see more updates in the future : )

Cons

I wish it did integrate with our property management system. However entering in pick up numbers is very simple. I would like to be able to to see more detail reports.

Gretchen H.

STS ease of use

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pros

I really like the ease of the reminders for follow ups. I get so busy, I can't keep things straight sometimes. The fact that all of this information is at my fingertips is fantastic.

Cons

It took a little while to learn the system however, once I practiced and looked around the sight a bit, I soon began to find out how user friendly this program really is.

Lisa B.

STS is a great tool for Sales Professionals!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

I like the ability to input your daily calls into STS and then at the end of the week you are able to send your report to your Manager or to your Director. I also like that you are able to create traces and add notes to setup reminders for clients that you will need to follow up with.

Cons

I would like for the opportunity section to be a little different when making calculations for different cabins when using the cruise ship format that I am currently using.

Thomas K.

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

My experience with STS has been an exceptional experience.

Pros

This keeps my clients and a regular contact. Keeps me very organized and stores all of my conversations with the clients. I would recommend this program to any sales managers in any business.

Cons

I have nothing that I do not like about this software.

Melanie F.

Easy to Use - Keeps me on Track

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

It's ease of use, with very little training I am able to record my calls, set follow up, generate revenue, etc....all in pretty much one place! Love it!

I am so pleased that leads are emailed to me now! Thanks for fixing that for us!

Cons

Has been corrected! Leads (referenced above)

Joshalyn W.

Better than SalesPro

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

Using SalePro for many years but STS is 10X easier and easy to set up.

Cons

Setting up and having to call customer service to make changes.

Meggan B.

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Every time that there has been a problem or something weird, I know I can reach out and ask questions. Everyone has always been responsive and helpful in guiding me the right way or getting a problem fixed.

Pros

The simplicity of the software. It is pretty straightforward and was easy to learn.

Cons

- The reporting features are not the best. I wish we could see, rooms only, catering only and rooms & catering all on the same report.
- I wish the screen where the accounts are listed was able to have multiple pages, if you sort A - Z you only get to see so many before it cuts off and there's no page two even though there are more accounts.
- The formatting for some of the templates get changed without notice. I've learned to manipulate most of the them, but I wish I could customize the BEO template more.
- There has been talk of STS interfacing with our other software but that has yet to happen
- Also, the BEO numbering system is strange and not practical for easy reference.

Madison D.

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Pros

I like that this software is accessible on any computer. It is very easy to make changes in the back end and keep track of what is going on. It is very user friendly.

Cons

The reports sometimes act up. The service department always acts fast to get it resolved though.

Dina E.

Daily Rates

great!

Pros

Very easy to use and very quick implementing reports

Cons

Daily Rates some times pulls AP Rates not BAR rates

Kim M.

Great system to work with

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Very satisfied with the product and the customer support

Pros

The support received is so refreshing! The team is available should we have any questions or wish to develop any changes or new reports. They respond quickly and have been extremely helpful in catering the system to meet our needs.

Cons

Banquet Orders are a bit of a challenge to update, works great for smaller properties

Samantha B.

STS at The Godfrey Hotel and Cabanas

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Overall it has been trial and error as any new software. I have learned a lot about fixing the codes so I am able to fix most things on my own.

Pros

It is easy, self explanatory easy to learn.

Cons

I don't like that the BEOs have the Sales Manager listed on them and not the Catering Manager. I also don't like that the resume only shows the account name and not the booking name.

Response from Sales&Catering.com

Hi Samantha. Thank you for the review, we appreciate and value your feedback. Our BEO's offer quite a bit of flexibility to customize content per client. I'll put in a request with our team to add the Catering Manager's name. We'll also look into adding the booking name to your group resume.

Dawn M.

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

After a year of struggling with STS old version and now the new cloud version I am beginning to use it to help me stay on task and remind me when I need to follow up on certain items. I still struggle with where to put certain items so they will produce on a report.

Pros

Now that I am on the cloud version, things are running more smoothly. Had a very difficult time with the other version. I'm still not entirely happy with even the cloud version but I believe some of my issues are just user error or because I have not entirely figured out where to put certain things and how to make them print in a report

Cons

The way it picks up. Whats the point of putting in all the rooms you are including in a block if the software is only going to show them all in the run of the house slot.

4.0/10

STS is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

What I love most about this software is that you can navigate through it with ease! It is very user friendly. Our team was nervous about switching, but I can honestly say that the switch was well worth it!

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about the software

Brian W.

A Great Brand

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Pros

The functionality of the program is great having multiple spots for inputting different items and ways to solidify your clients have a contract they can completely understand.

Cons

Wish that you could have all rooms on the same contract to save paper.

Ama A.

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pros

I like how efficient it is. It makes writing contracts and proposals very easy.

Cons

I don't like the fact that if I'm working on a proposal for one of my sales managers I can't create it under their name. I also don't like that fact that if you put a name in a wrong account , you can't transfer the contact into the correct account. Being that I work with two properties I would like to build an account or contact and be able to create it once and attach both properties to it, rather than creating it for each property. I feel if these changes were made it would make using the software a bit more easier.

Laurissa M.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I think STS is a great system it just needs a few little tweeks.

Pros

I love that it just takes a little information and It makes the whole contract/ BEO for me.

Cons

The font is way to small a lot of my clients can't read it. Makes it very hard for potential clients

Shannon S.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

It's very user friendly. Even people that are learning about catering and events for the first time can learn this program very easily. It's easy to navigate on your own or teach to someone else.

Cons

I wish that it talked to my PMS system.

Emily A.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

It works but I think that there are numerous things that could make it a better product.

Pros

I like that it offers the ability to send a proposal and a contract and receive back a signed contract and the ability to encrypt the credit card information. I also like how the proposal looks. I like that it is cloud based.

Cons

I don't like that it is not very user friendly. My clients often have issues with the e-signature software. I don't like that there is not an option to provide a BEO without prices on it like there was with the software that I used before. I don't like that I can only duplicate a booking from the booking page and not just from being in a particular booking.

5.0/10
Gaby D.

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pretty good except the way the room charges don't calculate, etc.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly. I like the layout and how you add menu items.

Cons

The hotel rooms and catering don't calculate into a final check with taxes, etc. for a full total to give the client. You can build it into the contract - but the taxes don't calculate in the contact either. My clients want a real total. Not only events, not only rooms. Not just a subtotal. But the real number they are actually paying. If a client pays something towards a room it looks like a negative balance on their events as well. It makes no sense.

7.0/10
Kathleen F.

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pros

I like the ability to copy STS on emails sent to contacts in the system.

Cons

I think the function area of the software is cumbersome. It would be nice if there were less screens to go into to book functions.

6.0/10