Netchex Reviews

Netchex

Cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) software

4.5/5 (99 reviews)
Michaela B.

The customer support team is friendly and prompt. Netchex has been a great asset for our department.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

This software has allowed our company to automate several tasks that were previously done on paper and required more manual labor. This software has also created more time for the employees in our department to focus their time and efforts on other areas that have increased our productivity.

Pros

This software has been utilized at my previous company, as well as where I am currently employed and it has been an overall great experience. This software has allowed us to automate processes across all of our locations and begin laying the foundation to implement a uniform system for our company as a whole.

Cons

One of the things I like the least is the amount of times the site gets overloaded with users and stops working, or will kick me out while actively working on something. I have been kicked out while hiring a new employee, and even while processing payroll. That is certainly the most frustrating thing about this software.

Elizabeth G.

Netchex is a great product to use for payroll and HR compliance and reporting

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

It is a easy product to use and navigate. I guess if I had one issue is that we are not able to go back into the system to change termination reasons. We have to rehire and then re-terminate the employee which actually is an issues when pulling reports. If they could correct this and allow us to make the corrections without having to rehire, that would be beneficial and make a better and cleaner report.

Pros

The system is easy to use and navigate. I have had excellent and professional customer service with the Netchex staff. The NetCommunity and Support services are a great way to get answers quickly. It is a great product for our purposes and company size. We could be more efficient if we used all of the products and services we currently have. I am gradually working on updating the system with information to better fit our company needs for tracking information and for reporting.

Hether A.

The best payroll platform on the market

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Netchex is user-friendly and so much more than a payroll "software as a service". I have moved almost all HR functions to Netchex, from recruiting to onboarding to COBRA - Netchex does it all! Every client has a dedicated service team, so someone is always available to help and familiar with the account. I prefer submitting my issues/questions via their online portal so I have a log I can always reference, but when it is ultra time-sensitive they are on my speed dial. They even "create the case" for me so it can be tracked.

Cons

The only downside to Netchex is because they are so far ahead of the game, their new product offerings are in development and testing longer than advertised. I'm always hungry for more!

Michelle W.

The ease of use with Netchex was apparent from the beginning!

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

There are things that presented challenges early on that have been changed and simplified over time. I am sure there is room for expansion and growth but, the team at Netchex seems to work diligently to stay at top of the game!!

Pros

From an Administrator stand point, Netchex works well and was easy to pick up! From the side of the End User, I think this product is fabulous!! The security enhancements added recently have given me a sense of security that was questioned before. I love the fact that I am able to access my check stubs, W-2's and other information I haven't been able to access with previous employers. While I know there are many companies out there that offer this type of service, the support with Netchex has been impeccable!! The product overall has served us well and we look forward to continuing to grow with Netchex into the future!

Olivia P.

Exceptional Integration and Customization

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

We've been able to utilize it for many aspects of our onboarding and management, more than we previously expected. I've been impressed with the areas we've been able to automate and integrate so that we can take many small details off our plate and focus on more important matters that need our attention. Their customer service is always on-hand for questions or to see if we can build out a specific need or ask that we have.

Pros

Netchex has been able to integrate many aspects of our day-to-day in additional to our payroll processes. It has streamlined and automated our recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and many other processes. We've been able to have seamless integration between multiple departments because of the set up and customization of Netchex.

Cons

The implementation was a big process, and it took some trial and error to work out the kinks. There are many things it can do, and some of the process is figuring out how do have it do what we wanted it to do, and matching our own logic/approach with what's already set up.

Netchex makes my life easier

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

Very easy to navigate.
Many areas of our payroll go much quicker now that they are not as manual. We are able to upload data easily into payroll.
We love that employees easily have access to their information - whether it be a checkstub, W2 or direct deposit information.
Managers can quickly and easily approve/decline leave requests and then those approved populate into employee timecards.
Customer service is A+!!
Reporting is super easy and customizable.

Cons

I wish there was more detail in the accruals section.
Reports need to be able to drill down all the way to the position level.

Tahara C.

my overall experience with Netchex its great.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

the benefits I get from this software are the following: easily to navigate, easy post jobs internally, easy to add benefit information, easy to look as time and attendance issues. etc...

Pros

i like that it's easy to navigate the software and that it's web based I can put the application up on my phone or tablet. I can work from anywhere in the country.

Cons

What i like lease about this Software is the reporting. The reporting should give you more options to work with you should be able to create the reports use information to reference and cross reference things. I just need the reporting to be more advance reporting system.

7.0/10
Jennifer F.

The customer support is always extremely helpful and friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

The help features are easy to access. The warning reminders about payroll holidays help too! Entering new employee information is very streamlines and easy to follow. Managing employee accounts has gotten easier through the self service modules.

Cons

Creating reports in publisher do not always come out the way I would like them to. There are often times 401K reports that I need in a certain format but I can not create that format in Publisher which means I have to export to excel and then manipulate the report to the desired format. This can be time consuming.

Carrie F.

Netchex is the Best Around

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Netchex is so beneficial for our employees to have easy access to their information and for us to maintain or day to day job.

Pros

I love the whole system! It's hard to say what is the best thing because it has so many features that I love. The ease to get around in the system is awesome. It offers so many training videos so if you aren't sure about a feature or best of all you can call customer service and they will help you. I have never met a better service team than Netchex!

Cons

I really don't have anything I dislike with Netchex!

Abigail H.

Very supportive staff even with the "little" things.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

Pro: Can centralize a lot of the needs our company has. You can place all of employees forms and information in one place. You can smoothly transfer new hires into the system and even move them from one location to the next easily.

Cons

Con: Don't always have the luxury of being creative with some forms. When building the forms in the system for new applicants you are unable to be creative with the forms. Which can be a con. They do have pre-set options which makes decisions process easier but not always what you have built in your mind. They are great about working with you and building that across the seperate companies and they are easy to use for a new hire.

Angela C.

Lacking in honest sales staff and transparency on lack of upgrades to growing companies.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a small company experiencing experiential growth. Although Netchex support has been friendly, we find it disappointing that the sales representative made false representations of the contract termination fees and a hidden "auto renewal" feature. Prior to leaving Netchex we inquired about upgrades and additional support we could tap into, however Netchex turned out to be a basic software company that truly lacks knowledge of payroll and Human Resource management skills essential to marry this software properly to its clients. It was only after termination of their services (after 1 year contact was up) that Netchex is now trying to backdoor our company with early termination fees that were expressly voided by our sales representative upfront. We now use a company that stands behind their products & services with a NO CONTRACT options for 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Pros

Very cost effective if you have a HR department and tech savvy staff. Friendly customer service support.

Cons

1. Dishonest sales staff about contract termination fees. Watch out for "auto renewal" of contract.
2. Customer support was not able to resolve issues immediately or answer simple questions without creating a "ticket". Normal turn around for ticket resolution was 4 to 7 days. Once when we inquired about Insurance support we were notified it would be 2 weeks before someone would reach out.
3. Security upgrades during our contract 2017-2018 that failed to meet the deadline advertised to clients.
4. When inquiring about upgrades for our growing company, none could be offered. Lacks upgrade & tailored support options.

2.0/10
Chris M.

Easily used and understood by any employee

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Great for seeing our team and how their over time or daily hours are coming in.

Pros

It's nice to be able to check your hours and also if you're in management to see what your team is doing daily. Also nice to have easy access to your I-9 and other important info

Cons

It's only as useful as your team lets it be. You need to have people who actively update it and use it correctly to see the best functionality from it

Lisa R.

Ease of use and having all feature in one system is great!

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Saves time with it all in one system.

Pros

Netchex is a all in one system, time and attendance, payroll and reporting. Able to access in multiple locations if need be. Love that it is cloud based.

Cons

Would like more features that can be tuned to each company. And reporting structure, more features. I would like to be able to change some of the attendance reporting. More graphing capabilities.

Megan G.

Awesome Support

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Our client support team is great! They're helpful and responsive. The onboarding process has been amazing in that it automated how we bring people into our company. The experience has been a significant improvement from how we used to do it. Love having all new hire paperwork completed electronically!

Cons

Updates and rollouts have not gone very well or been communicated well this year. Also, effective dates in the system mean nothing when it comes to payroll -- they're not tied to when deductions go into effect.

7.0/10

Great customer service and very user friendly system

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Netchex is a very user friendly system. It enables me to do everything I need to do in one system. There are a lot of tasks that are automated and this gives me to time to work on other things. Customer service is very friendly and responsive.

Cons

There honestly isn't anything that I don't like about Netchex. It has been a wonderful system for our company.

Claire G.

Easy to work with!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

Netchex is pretty easy to navigate. The staff is very easy to work with and prompt with responses. They listen to our suggestions on how to improve to make things more user friendly. We have really enjoyed using Netchex for several years!!

Cons

Some operations could be more efficient; however, the development team listens to suggestions and adapts if possible.

Landa D.

My experience with this software has been a great one. Awesome to be exact.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

The benefits that we get from this software is amazing. We can get more work done in less time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is user friendly. By using this software my everyday workload has become more efficient.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there is not more educational videos and instructions. Other than that I really love this software.

Mags D.

Top Notch Service!

Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Functionality and having an all in one platform! I like having the ability to not only run payroll but also turn around and post a job and having an applicant tracking system.

Cons

Sales Reps have changed and I have not heard from anyone since rep left but having other reps makes the world of difference. They always take care of me needs or concerns!

NetChex processes payroll without error every time. They are rapidly upgrading the user experience.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Efficient, effective payroll processing.

Pros

The fact that it takes on the complexity of payroll processing and allows me to focus on motivation of employees.

Cons

The user interface was lacking for a long-time, but recently has become much better. The best to overcome this would be to pay users to come demonstrate to NetChex software developers how they are using it.

John N.

Awesome overall Experience

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

It makes my life easy!

Pros

Their Customer Service and Support is the best I have seen both in knowledge and friendliness.
Their product is super easy to use.

Cons

If I had to come up with a con, their custom reports could be a little more user friendly. The good news is, that if you cant make your custom report do what you want, Customer Support will.

Stacy A.

Netchex

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Whenever we need a specialized report, Netchex is there to provide their expertise however way they can assist.

Pros

Customer Service support is awesome, everyone is very professional and extremely helpful.

Cons

My company wishes we could use all the software has to offer but their applicant tracking tool does not supply us with everything we need.

Terri C.

Pretty user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Ease of use for the staff members

Pros

The overall system is user Friendly. The customer service and helpdesk team is very responsive, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The reporting capability needs to be more flexible. I need more detailed clock in reports, more detailed time off reports, but with specific criteria that does not exist currently.

Renee C.

Payroll rolls smoothly along

Payroll, Benefits and ACA reporting all in one software

Pros

There are lots of components in one package. Customer Services is very helpful. Ease of use is helpful on the administrative end, as well as the user end.

Cons

Some components are difficult to work and training provided is sometimes not very helpful and has to be self taught

Donna T.

I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECOMMEND TO OTHER CLIENTS AND HAVE.

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Pros

I like the fact you can move around pretty easy, I also like the fact the garnishment and other payments are made and sent during the processing of payroll.

Cons

I wish that the Holiday pay would populate but because of our different levels it can not be done. I also wish all the reports could be exported in excel also.

Olivia E.

We get All Star products and service for a negligible fee. We will never change payroll companies.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

Netchex provides so many solutions to common problems for small businesses. If you need it chances are they have thought about it and perfected it. The best part though, is the customer service. You always get the answers you need when you need them. You can ALWAYS get someone on the phone to help.