TUIO

4,5 (87)
#1 Tuition Management System: Enroll, Waitlist, & Billing

Glenn W.

Tuio has been a fantastic tool to move our school into online payments and invoice management.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Tuio allowed us to streamline our enrolment and tuition payment processes. We are moving away from handling post-dated cheques to online direct payments. This is both a better user experience for our parents as well as saving time and generating efficiencies in the administration. It really is a Win Win!

Pros

What I like most about Tuio is that it is built from the ground up as a payment software, instead of an added-on after thought. The system is intuitive and simple to navigate while being powerful on the backend to support our needs. Our parents have had nothing but good things to say about how much they like the system.

Cons

There are a few features which would be nice to have such as the ability to modify the payment amounts once an invoice has been issued; however, Tuio has been very responsive to suggestions and is continually publishing new features/functionality.

Response from TUIO Payments

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for the great feedback, which we are taking into account for the next release phases.

Molly W.

I love TUIO for our school.

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

I have saved so much time. I love that parents have access to their information at all times and reports are generated automatically.

Pros

This product makes collecting funds so easy. I no longer have to chase customers for payments. Payments are automatically drafted or charged.

Cons

I wish more than one parent/guardian could have access and receive notifications.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you Molly! Happy to hear how your TUIO experience has been. Let us take a look at allowing multiple parents to receive enrollment notifications in case they are not split but yet also don't share the account login.

Ann B.

TUIO - Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

Customer service is excellent! Available pretty much all the time and there are real people to ask questions of. I know we will start taking advantage of some of the other things TUIO can do for us very soon like registrations. That will save us another ton of time!

Pros

We were specifically looking for invoice tracking and payment options. This is perfect for us and saves me a ton of time. We were up and running in no time. I made a lot of mistakes getting some things set up but [Sensitive Content ]. have been their to hold my hand and show me not only how to correct the mistakes but also easier ways to do things in the first place.

Cons

I wouldn't really say it is a con per se. I didn't understand some of the terminology at first and it wasn't intuitive to me. That is more on me than on TUIO!

Brenna R.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Confusing

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Confusing.

Pros

Recordkeeping. It is great to have easy access to receipts.

Cons

Perhaps it is partly the fault of the school that is making me use the software, but the payment type option is confusing. Why is “cash or cheque” even an option when this is supposed to encourage online transactions. Also, my school has had to send multiple invoices for seemingly the same things because of monthly billing? I’d actually rather go back to submitting cheques and receiving emailed receipts.

Response from TUIO Payments

Hello Brenna,

Thank you for your review and feedback. The cash/cheque option is provided as additional flexibility for parents who would not want to pay online but we appreciate your point and we might disable that option from the parent interface in order to further encourage online transactions.
Your other point seems to have to do with how your school operates the software so that's a point we'll have to review with them.

Lori P.

Daily use

Reviewed on 2021/11/18

Overall, the experience with TUIO has been exceptional.

Pros

The attendance feature is very simple to use. The added Covid-19 Screening feature was an absolute life saver this past 18 months. The payment program is very helpful to see what monies are coming in and who is behind with their payments. The TUIO staff handle any NSF problems, so there is no need for awkward conversations with your clients. The support staff are amazing and answer and solve all of our questions usually the same day. My staff are very happy with this product and we would recommend it to anyone looking to streamline their daycare or private school operations.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to merge the spreadsheets with our Quickbooks accounting program.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the kind review Lori! We hear your wish and are looking to integrate more fully with QB for accounting purposes.

Helen F.

Usage of Tuio payment portal

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

Overall with have had a good relationship with TUIO. Both [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are very quick to respond to our questions with helpful answers.

Pros

This payment portal allows our parents to securely pay the tuition in a timely manner. They receive the invoices directly from the TUIO portal.

Cons

I wish our International parents were able to access the payment portal.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the great review Helen! Your international parents can by all means access their TUIO account and they can also make a payment in the portal with their credit card. Only bank account payment is unavailable to them but if they wire funds from an international bank to you, you can mark their invoices as paid on TUIO so they can keep track otherwise.

Kayla M.

TUIO Review from CHMS

Reviewed on 2021/09/24

I think the team at TUIO has done a great job creating a user friendly and easy to use program, and their customer support is fantastic.

Pros

It is very user friendly and allows me the flexibility needed to provide a variety of payment options to our families.

Cons

After the recent update I can no longer add two separate accounts for students whose parents require this option. I have found a way around it, but it just isn't as convenient.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you so much for the review Kayla! After the recent update you're now able to add a second parent to a student profile. Once that is done you can create a student enrolment for both parents if need be. It's for sure a new concept but it shouldn't be any less convenient then on the previous version of TUIO. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] to learn more.

Terence L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Game-changing admissions and enrollment software

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

Aside from it's how easy and useful TUIO is, I believe the best part of it was their customer service. Every time I had an issue with something, they were responsive via email within 24 hours (usually a couple of hours) and would call and reach out when the issue is complicated. They are also quick to improve their software, as I remember suggesting to them how annoying it is for schools to be charged NSFs, and they took it out for us. Great communication with their community!

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and use for administrative and user side with a clean UI. Easy to organize, categorize and search through the database.

Cons

They could allow the administrators to have more access to setting up payment methods, but I understand why they restrict it.

Response from TUIO Payments

We appreciate the awesome review Terence! In the upcoming release you will have the access you have been looking for which will speed up that process for you being able to add the payment method given by your students as Admin.

Yanli Q.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good product

Reviewed on 2021/11/05

I feel very happy with this product. Thank you!

Pros

The user graphics are good. Easy to find and learn.

Cons

None. I hope the parents' bank information can be share in different program.

FACTS

Reasons for Switching to TUIO

Inexpensive. Good price.

Response from TUIO Payments

Hi Yanli, thank you for the kind review. Parent payment methods are kept in their unique parent account so they can confirm and apply it to as many programs as you need. They don't need to reenter the same information over and over.

Nadine H.
  • Used for 1+ year

Convenient for payment but not always clear whether payment has been processed.

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Pros

I like that it allows you to choose your method of payment and pay online.

Cons

I don't like how long it takes to show whether the invoice is settled. I find it confusing.

Response from TUIO Payments

Hello Nadine,

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave some feedback.
To clarify on the settlement of your invoices, we update our transaction records as soon as we hear back from the receiving bank that the funds were successfully deposited, which may be later than when you see that the funds have left your account.
The time it takes to show is therefore independent of us. If you were to pay by credit card, where such confirmation by the bank is not needed, your invoices would settle right away. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any follow up.

Cheryl lynn G.

TUIO's Customer Service is Stellar and Their Software is Fairly Intuitive!

Reviewed on 2021/09/04

Our overall experience has been very positive. We enjoy the professional and friendly rapport we've established with TUIOs support staff.

Pros

I love the fact that customer service is easy to access when needed. They have been quickly responsive and attentive to our needs. Plus, their tech team is always pleasant to work with. The features and functionality that might have been lacking when we 1st started using TUIO have been greatly improved. These new features have been immensely helpful to the staff who use the software AND for parents who pay their tuition/fees. I truly think they listen to their customers when it comes to adding new features.

Cons

The initial training was a slightly difficult as it was too fast paced for a 1st time learner and difficult to understand the French-Canadian accent of the trainer.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the helpful review Cheryl Lynn!

Our initial training is much simpler now and we are able to launch the software for you and your families in 30-60 minutes max. None of our sales or support staff have an accent anymore.

Melanie T.

Makes Our Jobs Easier

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

We love it! I recommend it to all my fellow childcare owners/operators.

Pros

As a childcare owner, I am no expert in accounting and always struggled with record keeping and yearly tax receipts were a nightmare and so time consuming.
This year, with Tuio, I issued all my tax receipts in under 15 minutes.
They looked professional and were accurate and there was no corrections needed. What a time saver and a professional-looking service to offer our clients.

Cons

A lot of parents comment or panic when they set up their account and see the “total amount of all the invoices” on the first page. They don’t even bother to open the invoices, they immediately contact us wanting to know why their invoice is so high. We spend a lot of time explain it to parents.
Also, there should be a mention in the sign up email(or in a more prominent spot) that is sent to new clients to alert them that the link expires in a set time. So many have needed to be resent, because they expired.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review Melanie. Happy to hear about the time savings you are taking advantage of.

When the parent clicks a link that has expired, there is a self-serve option to resend a new link. I will add that language to the new parent letter from now on to make it more clear.

Yes there is a clear distinction in the payment set up between any amount "due now" and any due in the future. I can understand if it's often overlooked (if they don't click to expand view of all the invoices) and can look to add ways to make it more clear what is due now versus what is scheduled to come due in the future.

Laura M.

The TUIO support team is superb!

Reviewed on 2021/11/18

The onboarding process with the representatives, the support offered and the experience with the TUIO staff is exceptional. TUIO is continually making improvements and listens to the needs of its customers.

Pros

The TUIO support team is responds to requests in a timely manner. They go above and beyond to assist admin and parents with any questions or issues that may arise. They also provide exceptional support to admin in payment collection from families for past due payments. The support they offer is unlike any other comparable software.

Cons

At the time, parents were unable to utilize more than one payment method. That may have changed since then.

Response from TUIO Payments

We really appreciate the thorough review Laura. Your parents can have more than one payment method on TUIO and are welcome to change it invoice to invoice. If parents ever need the payment split for multiple payment methods we can accommodate that as well.

Christine M.

Would never go back or choose another company after using TUIO

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

Amazing. From the software to the employees to the designers, they are just amazing. If i have a problem or even a parent thats had a problem they email in minutes or jump on the chat if you need them. They are always available. That is not something you find often. Other companies, you wait days to get an answerr or even wait on hold for hours. Not this company.

Pros

It is easy to use. Easy to navigate. There are always positive changes to this software and always making it better for our business and easier for our parents.

Cons

I can not find anything i DON'T like. Im not sure anyone would find anything they didn't like.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the thorough review Christine!

Virginia R.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

Overall, it has been a very positive experience using TUIO and working with the support team.

Pros

Once we were trained to use TUIO, it was an easy transition. We are able to set up payment plans to allow the parents to set up their accounts at their own convenient time, reducing our time on working on school payments.

Cons

TUIO is continuously improving their software and at this time, we are just learning to navigate the new features so I can't really comment on what I least like about it. But when we do come to something that we are unsure about, we ask for assistance and the help is immediate so we are thankful for the service we receive.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the review Virginia!

Laurie F.

TUIO makes tuition payments so much simpler

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

Pros

Ease of set up for the programs and makes our audits easier to prepare for

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could be simpler to read

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review Laurie, glad to hear TUIO helped make things easier. Those reports are now obsolete with the improved invoice export/report feature available in TUIO.

Sheri R.

Easy Collection of Tuition

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

Customer Service is great! Very responsive.

Pros

Our parents like how easy it is to pay tuition using TUIO.

Cons

Although I understand that monthly invoices can't have two payment methods applied to them, it gets a little challenging. However, customer service is always willing to help.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thanks for the review Sheri! Yes we are always willing and able to help you split invoice amounts so that multiple payment methods can be used.

Harpreet singh G.

Exceptional Customer Support

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

Pros

Software is easy to deploy and use. Best part is the exceptional customer support.

Cons

There is not much to dislike. Good thing is that TUIO is constantly evolving.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review Harpreet!

Danielle W.

Very Responsive Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Setting up the TUIO payment system to provide invoices for tuition and other yearly items has saved us a lot of time and administrative work. We also had a year with a lot of turnover in our administrative team and it was great to know that I could count on TUIO to help with training for the new staff members.

Pros

As someone who was new to the world of online payment software, I found it easy to use and the TUIO team was always quick to respond with help if I needed it.

Cons

I am really happy and don't have anything that I want improved.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the positive review Danielle!

Stephani T.

TUIO Review

Love it. No complaints.

Pros

It is so easy to use and super organized. Makes things much more efficient and streamlined.

Cons

I think the only feature we could use is the ability to upload videos.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for the review Stephani! We will look into adding the ability to upload videos that you can then send as communication with your families.

Nigel D.

Tuio for Easy Payments

Reviewed on 2021/09/12

We used to collect monthly payments by check. That meant a lot of paperwork and trips to the bank. Tuio has made it so much easier. You can almost forget about the payment part of the business, as Tuio takes care of it and it only needs periodic checking.

Pros

Tuio is easy to use. The support team is wonderful, very responsive and always helpful.

Cons

Some features were difficult to access at first and I struggled to find them. Commonly needed actions were not visible in menus. You had to select a record and only then did you get the option. This has since been improved.

Response from TUIO Payments

Glad to hear of your experience Nigel and thank you for the review. We appreciated your help in designing some of our new features/improvements.

Virginie B.

I definitely recommend TUIO to preschools & daycares

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

Pros

It is very easy to manage and to follow up with the payments

Cons

nothing, we are very satisfied with our TUIO experience

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you for taking the time to review Virginie!

Régine E.

Save your time!

I am satisfied!

Pros

I like the fact that I can register children on the program without any headache. I can control and manage all the payments.

Cons

I can't think about anything right now. It's all good!

Response from TUIO Payments

I'm glad you have been able to save time and are satisfied Régine. Thank you for the review!

Adriana A.

Bright Star Montessori School Inc

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

Overall it is great and Easy to use and I love it.

Pros

The efficiency and saving my trips to the bank for the deposits.
Saving my time for the many reminders to parent to provide the payment.
It is great application and would really recommend to any business owner.

Cons

It the payments are process a bit faster then 5 days

Response from TUIO Payments

Great to hear how efficient your centres are becoming now after implementing TUIO Adriana.

Credit Card payments are processed instantly and Bank Account payments are fully processed in 3 days (similar to a check it takes a few days to clear as paid).

Lashawn P.

Heaven’s Best Montessori LLC

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

So far, it has been great low cost, and when I started receiving payments, the email follow ups the system sent gave me such a relief. I like to work smarter not harder and TUIO has been a game changer for my school.

Pros

When starting my business I needed something that was affordable and could grow with my business and TUIO was it for me.

Cons

I haven’t ran into any issues and hope that I never do. Even so, the support team is very responsive if I have a simple question or need help.

Response from TUIO Payments

Thank you very much for the review LaShawn! We are happy to support you whenever you need.