Better Proposals

Web-based sales proposal software to win business faster.

Andrea D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Software at its best.

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

What a great experience, It is simple enough to understand with No hassle, no fuss. Thank you very much.

Pros

It is definitely affordable. Quick to learn as well as easy to use and a lot to offer. Looks great too.

Natalie C.

My Essential Tool for Web Development Clients

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

The templates make it extremely simple to create a custom proposal for my clients. As an IT consultant with many different projects, I appreciate the variety of proposal templates that are available, as well as how easy it is to modify the proposal for my needs. Thank you!

Pros

There are many templates to choose as starting points that can be customized by my specific needs. I LOVE the fact that I can see when my clients open the proposals, and the online signing feature is super-convenient for my out-of-state clients.

Cons

The saved PDF of the proposal isn't the prettiest; I wish I could set page breaks to make things flow nicer. However, this is made to be an online platform so my clients view the proposal using the link. I rarely have the need to save and print the PDF.

Richard J.

It's what I use every time I need to send a proposal.

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

The online signature and tracking side is great. Everyone I send these to are impressed with the look.

Cons

Probably the template building. It took me awhile to get it just like I wanted. I feel like they could improve the editing tools and the payment integration without going to Zapier.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Proposals on Steroids

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Ease of getting proposal signed and paid for!

Pros

This software is probably some of the best support I've used in a while.They are constantly improving and adding features. Hands down one of the best software I've used.

I love the fact you can accept payments, even subscription payments. I love the fact you can integrate it into your site so that the proposed link and URL is on your site (White Label). I just love the fact the dev is actually making good on their roadmap of improvements!

Cons

Nothing, this software does what it should. I can't complain because the cost is great and the features are even better!

Brandon P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

BEWARE OF THE OWNER; HE IS NOT CONSIDERATE AND UNETHICAL.

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I as unaware that early adopters could not trade their lifetime license. I made a post to sell mine and the CEO immediately messaged me and said you cannot do that and closed my account without any warning or discussion with me. I was not aware it was against the terms as it was not the current when i purchased the LTD. He was very rude and made me feel betrayed. I basically gave him my money and he took it and run; in essence, stealing my money and not giving me my account. If he simply would have made me aware of it and discussed it saying if you do your account will be closed, then I would have had no problem keeping my account and finding a use for it. Very bad way to do business and not ethical whatsoever! BEWARE.

Pros

Decent program, lots of good updates other than the ethics of the owner.

Cons

The customer support is terrible. The owner is very rude.

G. a. S.

Ever since I've found these guys I haven't looked elsewhere

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

It solved the challenges I had:
Easy Interface
Tracking
Beautiful Templates
Ease of video/image integration
Responsiveness

Cons

I'll update when I run into something. So far the pros have me leaning in the "happy smiles" direction, the other stuff that could be missing or problematic is probably insignificant right now.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Nusii User, Like Better Proposals Better

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Very good, would reccomend it

Pros

User of Nusii and InvoicingYou, I like Better propasals for its ability to track, design and deliver . Very easy to use and make our small team look like a million bucks

Cons

I would like the editor to be a little more intuitive as certain things were hard to change in real time. Not sure if it was my browser or the software

Alex K.

Easy to use. World Class Results

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I feel confident whenever I send a proposal, because I know they look very professional and are user friendly for my potential clients. My old documents and pdf proposals are a joke in comparison. It's so easy, a panda could use this to create world class proposals.

Pros

Much more professional than docs & pdfs.
Easy for clients to view and sign.
Easy to edit if a client wants changes first.
Easy to personalize for each client for an extra touch of professionalism.

Cons

Editor is a bit difficult and clunky sometimes.

Claire Q.

I get great feedback on my proposals now

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Proposals that look great and are easy to view.

Pros

The tracking. No more 'did you get my proposal?' emails. I can even tell which sections they've viewed, and for how long. This is great for paring down information that doesn't add to the proposal in the future.

Cons

How it deals with images. I'm new to using, so started off with an existing template and altered from there. I detest stock images, and like to personalise them to every proposal, but to do this, I have to add in a new image block, move it to the right place, then delete the old one. It would be much easier if there was a replace image button.

Marc M.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Absolutely amazing for creating offers to clients

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

BetterProposals is brilliant for creating professionally looking offers to clients because I can reuse templates and have many items added automatically. Other then that, it allows me to follow exactly how much a client has looked at a proposal and if he read all of it.

Cons

Not much to dislike really, BetterProposals is just amazing at what it does and I wouldn't have it any other way !

Sophie F.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Brilliant

Pros

We use Better Proposals for all our tenders. It is a great product that is simple to use, easily adapted and looks very profession.

Cons

Sometimes the font sizes are difficult to adapt.

Kevin D.

Really Solid Product, Had Been Looking For This For A While...

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Overall, great product. I'd highly recommend to anyone who wants to reduce friction in the sales process...which is all of us.

Pros

This product allows you to totally streamline your sales process. No more managing emails, PDF or Word-based contracts, e-Sign requests, invoices, etc. Better Proposals wraps all of that into one seamless process. For the buyer, Better Proposals makes the contracting process feel like signing up for a SaaS product. Super low friction.

Cons

The only cons that come to mind are incredibly minor UI/UX things.

Helen R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Get professionally written and designed proposals

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Create proposals faster and make them look better! Better Proposals is an important tool for any sales team!

Pros

Better Proposals has customizable templates that create professional looking proposals. This program saves time and it integrates with paypal so payments can get process faster. It integrates with CRM which is convenient.

Cons

Better Proposals is a great sales tool. It allows customers to read proposals on iPad, iPhone or desktop. Nothing negative to say. Highly recommend!

Edmond C.
  • Industry: Music

The difference between looking like an amateur or a professional.

Reviewed on 2018/08/18

With the new contracts feature, I see all my contracts and proposals going through Better Proposals for my business.

Pros

The best part about this software is seeing how long each client spends on each page. You get super valuable insight to what is and isn't working about each page, thus being able to improve your templates.

Cons

The least favorite part about the software is the fact that all images have to be the full length of the page.

Benedikt H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

I love it, my customers love it and never want to be without it again! Better Proposals is the...

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

more closed deals & happy customers

Pros

It helps me close more deals, it wows my clients, it helps me track the proposals I send, it saves time, it's really a game changer for me!

Cons

I noticed some little bugs here and there when creating and editing proposals. Sometimes (not often) the software freezes or won't let you edit stuff. Not a big deal at all, though, as it was only on very few occasions and only for a few minutes.

Marco K.

Good looking and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

If you take the time to set up your default contracts you can quickly reuse them and get proposals out that look awesome.

Cons

Everything is easy to change inside each proposal, except the products/services. You have to go back to products page that is somewhat hidden in the interface. I wish I could change the products ad easy as the product description and the price.

Myson jones B.
  • Industry: Sports

Great. It saves time, and I love how easy it is to use this software.

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Pros

I like how simple it is to use. I can template certain proposals, plug and then play. It allows me to close big deals in a short amount of time if I do the work once.

Annie A.

So easy to use for me and for my potential clients. I have won great business with this...

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

I love the ease of use and setting up templates is straightforward. Proposals look like mini websites and my clients are so impressed! First impressions count.

Amy W.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Super helpful software

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Pros

I love that I can create great-looking proposals really quickly and then have the customer sign straight from within their proposal. It simplifies so much for me. I also love that you can see when the proposal has been opened so you know whether to follow up.

Cons

The template function could do with work, I can't figure out how to create a blank template without just copying an existing proposal.
I'd also love to be able to have a pricing table in more than one place in the proposal (same table just in two different places), but it's not a dealbreaker.

Brett W.

Easy, Intuitive, Effective

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Saves time, looks professional, gives me information as to how clients read the proposals so I can refine them and make them even more effective!

Pros

This tool has been not only a time saver for me, but an absolute game changer as to how I prepare and share proposals with existing and prospective clients. Not only has it made my life easier, but my clients and prospective clients are impressed with how professional the proposals look!

I also really enjoy the tracking features and getting notified when my proposals are opened and read through.

As someone who freelances, spending less time on administrative tasks and more time doing what I do best is always a plus for me!

Cons

As much as I've used this for making proposals for website development, I have delved into the application as much as I should, so it's hard for me to give any valid cons or constructive criticism since it does everything I need it to do without me having to explore every nook and cranny of the platform.

Tom S.

Great Software for Online Proposals

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Once you have set everything up you can push out proposals in a very short period of time that wow your future clients.

Pros

The templates make it very easy to create beautiful proposals in a very short period of time. They look good on desktop as well as mobile. Owner often pushes out updates and also gives good tips on how to make proposals better based on data he gathers.

Cons

Design-Wise you don't have a huge amount of blocks at your disposal, but it is more than enough actually to not get lost in too much design and focus on the content of your proposal.

Brent R.

Proposals I would have never done right myself

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

Better Proposals improved a process that I didn't even know I could improve. I never really used formal proposals before because it was a pain to do a nice one. But Better Proposals introduced me to some new ideas I could use, and potential clients love them!

Pros

I love how Better Proposals can literally put you in a different level than competitors. Most businesses don't put a lot of thought into their proposals, and most companies don't do anything interactive with their proposals. But Better Proposals gives you high quality designs, and lets you insert amazing widgets into your proposals, like interactive pricing tables, payments, live chat, and signatures. And you can do it fast with the great template features.

Cons

I don't like how some of the features are locked behind some higher plans. Not that they are super expensive, but I would have preferred to see plans based mostly on the number of proposals instead of locking important features away. There are a couple of things that I think MOST people will want to do with their proposals, like Zapier integration, that should be included. Regardless, these are a small number of features that are limited, so it's not a deal breaker.

Seth O.

BetterProposals has changed how I sell my services - for the better.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

A 36% conversion rate and improving!

Pros

I love the ease of use of this platform. I set up a template for each of my services. Then, once I've had an initial phone call with a prospective client, I send the proposal. It details all of the services in a beautiful way and really helps me show, not tell, the value of my services.

Cons

The design experience is so easy to use that it lacks some flexibility I wish for. Also, some of the integrations can be harder to setup - It'd be great to have more of the "add-ons" available to the base subscription.

William B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

My favorite Proposal and Contract Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Amazing experience with the software, and easy for my staff to use even if they aren’t tech savvy.

Pros

The CEO called me in the beginning to help me get going the right way... Great personalized staff!!! And any features they didn’t have when I started using it, they’ve added since then.

Cons

It only allows the client to e-sign... sometimes we need two signatures or more. I’d like that feature to be added.

Gordon H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

This is the software I credit for improving my business and growing sales

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Pros

Before using Better Proposals, I would simply use Word or email for my proposals. Then I came across this software and it changed things dramatically for me. it did this in two ways.

1) Their proposal software made me look so much more professional the previously. My closing ration prior to this software was at around 50% (pretty good I thought). Through using Better Proposals it has now risen to 80%!! Why? I can only imagine that the client thinks "blimey, this is good... therefore they must be good".
2) However, indirectly it's done something else... it's made me up my game. Because of better tools at my disposal, I'm looking at better quality clients. Whether there's less competition in this field I don't know, but my prices have risen and in turn, I can produce better work because I have more time to spend on each client.

In short, its a tool I would highly recommend.

Cons

I've got nothing bad to say about this software. I'm really happy with it.