Torii

SaaS usage & cost tracking, optimization & control solution

5 /5 (23 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Chloe D.

Really helpful for keeping track of software

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Torii has made lots of projects across the company easier, from onboarding and offboarding, to security checks and tracking of expenses. This is a really useful product and so easy to use as well.

Pros

Torii is a really easy to use software to help manage all the different software used across our company. It picks up so many things that would be really hard to track, and enables us to check for duplicate accounts or duplicate types of software with ease. The offboarding process is particularly helpful to make sure leavers are removed from everything.

Cons

It would be helpful if Torii worked more seamlessly with our accounting software, Xero. Some of the processes are still quite manual, but that's to be expected.

Nissim B.
  • Industry: Photography

Even organisations needs eyes

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Pros

Full organisation softwares usage visibility, Notifications for new usage, save money when accounts are not in use by sending users notifications and nice work methodology automation for users creation or determination.

Cons

It might be some issues with some of the softwares integrations connectivity, especially when 2FA is involved.

Laura M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Torii adds value

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

The Torii team has been awesome from the first contact through post implementation. Best value at a great price!

Pros

Torii has streamlined our license management process and our on/offboarding process. The Torii team is very responsive. A senior director recently slacked the leadership team with this message: Torii uses intercom. I was having a problem updating app owners. I typed into the little intercom box, an engineer hops on, and in 12 minutes, they've identified the problem and are deploying a fix. I mean wow!

Cons

Torii doesn't integrate with all of our SaaS tools, but does integrate with the key ones.

Mitch F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great service to build your Application Catalog, SAAS usage, and keep spend under control

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

We were early partners with Torii and the experience was great. Some features were forthcoming at the time but were quickly implemented. As the software evolves we continues to get even more value and visibility into our environment.

Pros

Great customer service, Chrome plug-in and ease of use. Great visibility into what applications are being used, easy to categorize to pull reports on specific software usage categories.

Cons

Product is evolving but updates and feature requests are fast to be implemented.

Bob B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Torii is a Great tool for SaaS Management!

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

The Torii Team has been GREAT to work with. They are very helpful when we need help and very responsive!

Pros

Torii has a great ability to track usage of tools to help identify unused licenses, upcoming renewals, tools that have similar capabilities (eliminate redundancy), It's also great for reporting and analytics!

Cons

None found so far. We are enjoying the use of Torii!

Boaz K.

As a company with over 150 SaaS products, Torii helps us manage everything from a single hub

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

Right from the start, Torii unveiled a lot of SaaS tools that we just didn't know our employees are using. The automatic discovery of applications works extremely well and the ability to manage everything from one place is a must for any growing company.

Cons

They are sending a lot of email notifications. I had to manually configure it to weekly digests, otherwise, I would have too many emails in my inbox. Other than that, the website works on mobile, but the experience could be improved greatly.

Ryan G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A must have software subscription for any diligent manager

Reviewed on 2019/09/15

The team couldn't be more helpful. Right from the beginning they've been excellent in listening to understand my businesses needs. They've helped deploy Torii and been super responsive with support questions. It's one of the best SaaS product experiences I've had.

Pros

When I first came across Torii, it was because I had a real issue that they were addressing. Their thinking was aligned with that of a business manager who wanted to efficiently on and off board staff members with being overly restrictive. Linking it with GSuite is genius for deployment and ongoing management.

Cons

I wish they'd integrate with Xero to improve the financial reporting without uploading files. This would make it amazing for giving real-time reporting on how much money you're spending on applications.

Geet J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A solid platform to monitor all the other platforms

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

So far very smooth, their support replies quickly and dives in to fix anything that is not working correctly. Also really good training.

Pros

The ease of setup was one of the best things I liked about using it. It was smart enough to pull in 90% of our companies software. Saved us countless hours/days.

Cons

No way to bulk edit users, but its on the roadmap. Other things that I did not like have been fixed recently after flagging them as issues.

Graham M.

Quality Product!

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

All correspondence with Torii was excellent, easy Sales, implementation, and aftercare is tremendous. Highly recommend for quality product and customer service!

Pros

-Ability to find all Saas based products in our environment, calculate use and define usage needed.
-Onboarding workflows and it's integration with G Suite to create and decomission a user as needed from start to finish.

Cons

A little clunky on the on-boarding but Torii listens to your feedback an improves the product quite often.

Avshi A.

Full visibility to all my SaaS tools. Nice!

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

You are probably using more SaaS application than you think, the sooner you start using Torii, the easier it will be for you to manage the SaaS applications you are using.

Pros

Works as promised, discovered all my team's SaaS application without any user intervention. Excellent support from the team. Clean user experience.

Cons

Some features were missing when we started using Torii. Yet all my request were already on Torii's roadmap, some have already been implemented.

An IT Manager's Best Friend

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

My job in IT was always difficult when it came to visibility and offboarding users for services. Since using Torii, it has made my current role and career overall much easier!

Pros

The amount of visibility into shadow IT was staggering. It also makes offboarding users a breeze!

Cons

Sometimes the data it scrapes for financials is not always accurate. However, their support has been phenomenal and they have address most of our issues.

Alon N.

Great control over all the tools I'm using in a single place.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Torii saves me time by automatically discovery and mappping my SaaS.

Pros

The comprehensive discovery is just amazing. Torii immediately identified all the SaaS tools we were using, and many of those tools I wasn't really aware we're using.
Now Torii notifies me every time a new SaaS tool is being used by one of my employees, helping me keep everything under control and avoid surprises.

Cons

A better mobile support would be great. While Torii works on mobile devices, some screen are not fully optimized for mobile view.

Alexis C.

Manage your SaaS Stack easily

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Very good. Especially regarding the interactions we had with our CS representative. We're having a lot of questions and needs for feature, and Torii is here to work and help you with it.

Pros

Torii is really easy to use as an application. You just need to plug it to your main SaaS softwares and it will do the job by itself. The browser extension is also great at catching some previously undetected applications.
Customer support is really willing to help you get the most of the solution and it's very interesting to chat with them on how to improve your processes.
Bonus point for the chatbox available on the website, where you can directly discuss with a Torii member on any problem you can have.

Cons

Some integrations/features were missing out the box. Had to work with CS and support to get them into the tool.
Some features are still missing, such as the reorganization of tasks within a workflow.

Topher W.

Easy Solution for Getting a Handle on SaaS Creep

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

I've used Torii for 3 years now, across two companies, because it's such a cheap and powerful tool that has continued to show progress and usefulness.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the team behind it honestly. Support is super helpful and will literally add new functionality continuously based on feedback and support tickets. There's never been a major issue that wasn't solved by the team.

That said, the software itself is easy to deploy. The integrations are all easy and behind the scenes so you can start getting the data you need right away without any intervention. Deploying the extensions to capture wayward services and shadow IT is key but out of the box, it's powerful on its own.

The information and contract doc storage additions have been a game changer and made SaaS management much more centralized and transparent to stakeholders. Anyone dealing with a lot of services, dealing with compliance requirements, or managing spend in any number of ways can really get a lot of bang for your buck here!

Cons

Little nit picks only because there's just so much good:

1. Detection of apps is a little rigid for my tastes. Example, we utilize GSuite but Torii breaks these out in individual apps. I can see the need for both so having some parent/child structure there would be great. Also, it detects our users using Adobe and Adobe creative cloud and I don't even know where that split happens so being able to organize this would be great!

2. Offboarding is just something we don't use. We leverage Okta and Bettercloud for this so I don't know how useful these workflows are, but they aren't as robust or centrally managed as existing systems, but that's fine because it's not what we use Torii for.

Rebecca P.

Management of our contracts and software spend has never been easier!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

All the account reps from Torii have been super helpful and always open to feedback. They listen and are constantly updating the product to meet the needs of their customers.

Pros

Torii has been a game changer to our contract renewal and software approval process. With the upcoming contract renewal reminders emailed directly to the admin team, our negotiation processes are able to begin well in advance and renewal dates are never missed. Myself and the admin team also really appreciate the software application approval process. We are notified via email as a new software is detected from G-suite (employees emails) and then we are able to approve, add detail and assign owners immediately. We are now able to manager our software better than ever before.

Cons

Implementation was pretty manual in the beginning and required lot of time and data input from myself and the IT team. Some of the application integrations can also be have issues from time-to-time meaning myself or IT will have to reintegrate.

Tom T.

Easily connected and discovered my used apps. Was surprised to find apps we thought we no...

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Understanding my SaaS stack in order to keep by business compliant, secure and efficient.

I've quickly identified unused SaaS tools and many duplicate ones.

Pros

Great user experience and seamless integration with my G-suite and other services. The whole concept of automating all SaaS discovery that Torii brings works like a magic. I was surprised by the number of tools and users that my company uses. We knew we don't have full visibility to our SaaS tools usage before using Torii, but we did not know how much we don't know - using Torii allowed us to have complete, up to date and accurate mapping. Seeing the cost nearby each tool is also very useful.

Cons

Not too much. Some reports were missing for me, but Torii support was able to provide me with the missing information in no-time.

Mark S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Highly recommended solution to manage your SaaS application utilization, spend and lifecycle

Reviewed on 2020/08/02

Pros

The application is easy to set up and gives you needed tools to keep track of application spend, App owners, Contracts, Yearly/Monthly renewals, the integrations are growing and would like to see much more direct integrations with systems,
The tool has given us eyes on our utilization and provided us cost-saving opportunities

The team is fast to respond and work with you to get the product working the way you wish it

Cons

The UI still needs some work, ability to move fields around and see them in the desired order
Would like much more direct API and have more control over API's and integrations between Torii and other products - using webhooks and workflows I would want to build with API's

Robert W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Torii is making positive strides!

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall, Torii is going places and they listen closely to user feedback. From my experience so far the current and future benefits are quite clear.

Pros

The automation and workflow functionality has given us great visibility on applications currently in use by our userbase. Workflow steps are logical and very simple to set up, but also quite comprehensive in the actions you can take at each step.

Cons

Some minor functionality improves could be made, such as the ability to move workflow step order on the fly.

João D.

Total visibility on our SaaS applications

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

We purchased Torii to have one single place in which all of the SaaS applications used in the company can be seen. We started to use it a lot to search for software savings and tracking progress using their system was a life changer (coming from spreadsheet madness). We were very successful in this project and now we use Torii as a center for all things software management: Renewals, access request, software on and offboarding, shadow IT, expense forecast and review and many more.

Pros

Easy to use, very powerful workflow tool, a place to consolidate all the current adopted technology across the company.

Cons

Reporting can use some grooming and improvements.

Wilson C.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Pros

Torii is easy on the eyes and its easy to operate. Support is quick to answer all my questions and implemented a lot of features that i have requested for. It's almost like they are only working for me! The workflows are extremely useful and automates a lot of tasks for us. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a SaaS management tool. The pricing is also very competitive.

Cons

Some SaaS applications can't be automated to remove licenses but this might be an issue with SaaS applications and not really on Torii.

Shaun H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy to use, Great viability

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Support has been great. The team have been fast to respond when needed. The software has given me the ability to track our organisations SaaS usage and spending. It has helped us find and re consolidate individual accounts and billing.

Pros

The fact it integrates with G Suite to get the bulk of its information makes it useful right from the start. The logical UI is easy use with little to no training.

Cons

I feel it needs more integrations and I'm sure these will grow. It needs a feature to allow us to add applications manually when importing expenses. It needs a way to allow staff to see the software list without having to login.

Bob B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Want to control SaaS sprawl and automate offboarding?

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We work in a high turn over industry so new SaaS apps are always being introduced and offboarding is a pain point. Torri simplifies both of those processes for us.

Pros

Great insights into what our users are doing with other SaaS services, fantastic offboarding process, insanely easy to set up and use, great support team who are responsive and easy to work with.

Cons

Too soon to say but I find very little to not like.

Pedro V.

Torii is a solid tool

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

Torii offers a seamless integration to all major tools to allow tracking of spending and license management that many tools simply overcomplicate.

Cons

The only con i have to say about the tool is how young it is. That being said the software changes rapidly and offers admins and users the ability to work directly with the team to integrate new features.