Jumbula Reviews

Jumbula

Registration software for after-school classes & camps

4.8/5 (38 reviews)
Justin C.

Lots of promise

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Jumbula has a lot of promise as a registration software. It conveniently consolidates your registration, payment, and scheduling needs into one package. Using Jumbula is mostly intuitive - it should be noted that there isn't a full-on user manual, just a handful of tutorial videos, but it's usually quite simple to figure out what's going on by yourself or with help from someone experienced with the program.

The flexibility this software allows is impressive, and it is easily molded to your organization's needs. It is easy to set up classes, schedules, and fees, and once you're done with a season, you can easily copy that information into an identical later season. Setting up payments with PayPal and/or Stripe adds a level of convenience for both you and your registrants. You can easily schedule installment reminders and re-send them at any time for overdue accounts. The dashboard provides a neat snapshot of some important numbers like total registrants and the revenue of your programs.

Customer Service is impeccable - the staff is always fast, friendly, and helpful whatever your needs. Considering that some pieces are a work in progress - navigation can be counterintuitive, and searches don't exactly work the way you expect them to every time - the folks at Jumbula are very open and receptive to design feedback to create a better product. User feedback is important to them, so feel free to offer constructive comments on the product's design, use, or useful features.

Jumbula is already quite powerful at its current price point and is set to improve greatly.

Pros

-A convenient one-stop shop for all of your registration needs
-Paypal and Stripe integration
-Easy to use
-Excellent customer service
-Lots of impact for its price point

Cons

-No user manual or FAQs; only a handful of tutorial videos available
-Counterintuitive navigation
-Search function works inconsistently
-Some pieces feel like they're still in a beta phase

Judy S.

Berkeley Chess School review of Jumbula

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

Jumbula helped us create the website we wanted to take all registrations for our chess classes.
We offer about 105 classes at a time and about 50% register through our site. In addition we register students for chess tournaments and summer camps through the site. They made a very nice looking site and are very responsive to our requests when we need help.
Jalal is a very nice person and the support staff have been great.

Pros

I am not a tech person so don't have the context for this question, really. I help set up classes, put them online, and manage registrations. My reaction is very practical - I just want it to work!

Cons

Some parents complain at times about it but we think it could have been mainly problems with Paypal. We have just moved to Stripe. The complaints have slowed down. And having conversations with people who run similar programs, I hear that there are always some parents who have a hard time doing anything online.

Teresa P.

Time saving and easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/03/25

Jumbula has provided us with a number of different solutions for our business. Their website/software is easy to use and solves a number of problems for businesses that provide classes, camps and other services to parents and children. It does the job of at least one employee with the click of a few buttons. Customer service has been incredibly responsive. As a parent, I would love it if more businesses used Jumbula - being able to register for multiple classes online, fill out paperwork efficiently, and communicate with teachers and coaches easily makes life so much easier.

Pros

Easy to use, efficient, simplifies processes.

Cons

The idea of switching to a system like Jumbula can seem overwhelming, but it is quite easy and customer service was very helpful. On the consumer side, I wish more local businesses used Jumbula - especially because I much prefer to be able to do all registrations and forms online at my own convenience and not have to do it in person and/or every single time one of my children takes a new class from the same person or organization.

Salil M.

From 380 customer service interactions per summer season...to ONE.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Did you read the part about reducing customer service interactions from 380+ to 1?

We've saved so much admin time that we got busy with other thing!

Pros

Jumbula has completely streamlined and revamped our daycamp registration process. We've gone from 2017, nearly 400 customer service interactions for our daycamps (almost a 1:1 ratio for registrations to interactions, each one anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour)...to ONE for 2018, and that one mostly involved getting her started by clicking the right link.

Super streamlined and intuitive, with a well-thought-out GUI that makes sense to busy parents.

Cons

Reporting needs some work; it would be nice if all reports lived in the same place. The administrative side of things isn't quite as intuitive as the customer-facing interface, but it's also not bad: reasonably speedy, pretty interface, etc.

Responsive design would also be nice, or a mobile admin app for tablets / phones.

Jordan F.

We are very happy with the Jumbula software; it has made camp registration much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Jumbula has made our lives much easier during the summer camp registration process. On the back end, there is very little effort once your account is set up. It has provided nearly every feature we wanted in our registration software. It has made the post registration process much easier as well. Running reports has been very helpful as well. We are very happy with our choice to go with Jumbula.

Pros

Jumbula has nearly every feature necessary for registration administration. It allows easy tracking of registration transactions and participants. It provides easy reporting. It also provides many custom features to meet the needs of the administration staff. The functionality of the software is near seamless. I will also add that the customer support team has been incredible. They have been very patient with me while learning to use the software and always find a solution to any issue that arises.

Cons

We have only run into a few limitations of the software that do not fit our needs. We would like to be able to link this software to our organization's database to transfer report information. There are a few reports that we were unable to customize to fit our needs, however being able to copy and paste info into our database is helpful. There are some aspects that could be improved, but overall this has been a great fit for us!

Marcia B.

Outstanding Platform & Partner

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Jumbula has provided an outstanding, customized solution for our registration and information management needs. They have been an invaluable, responsive partner throughout the design, development and deployment of our system. Their multi-layer software enables organizations of all sizes and with diverse needs to find exactly the right fit for their business. The Jumbula staff are undeniably responsive to and genuinely interested in our feedback and requests. We highly recommend them.

Pros

Flexibility to customize to meet our specific needs.

Cons

Not immediately user-intuitive, but the capabilities it provides require a small learning curve on the part of the user.

Kendale A.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Our program starting using Jumbula in 2017 and it has improved, enhanced, and made our registration process extremely efficient at a price that is unbeatable. Jumbula replaced our Excel spreadsheet and made our registration for approximately 200 students from pre-kindergarten to 8th grade much more user-friendly for our program and parents. The reporting enables administrators to extract information that is needed. Jumbula is a great product for the price and we could not be happier.

Pros

East of Use
Pricing
Availability
Secure
Reporting

Cons

Specific customizations are not as robust as you'd like

Aaron B.

Jumbula Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

In the past, trying to manage registration for our classes and camps was a headache. As our programs grew, we worried roster management would take too much time. With Jumbula, creating forms, managing payments and running reports is a breeze. Jumbula has been a game changer for us!

Pros

My business has several different types of programs, from clinics to multi-day camps, Jumbula's software covers the whole spectrum.

Cons

The side bar scrolling down. They also don't have a contact integration for Mailchimp or Constant Contact. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that's on its way!

Sadhna T.

Responsive Customer Service & Reasonable Price Makes Me a Loyal Customer

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Jumbula is a relatively new player in the market and they haven't yet perfected their product. The good news is that they know that and are very responsive to feedback from their customers. When I have made suggestions for making the software more user-friendly or correcting an error, they have acted on my suggestions. In addition, when I email technical questions, I receive a response, usually within 48 hours. The sales representative with whom I first interacted stays in touch with me and is accessible. I like working with a start-up that is responsive to its customers, open to feedback and constantly improving its product. In addition, most of my customers find the software user-friendly, it provides the tools I need to run my business, and the cost is very affordable for my non-profit. So far, I am very satisfied with Jumbula and plan to stay with this company.

Cost
Customer service

Cons

Registration process could be streamlined, particularly when the customer is registering for multiple classes
Some customers encounter problems with log-in or with registration that we are unable to resolve

Liz S.

Best classroom registration software!

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

We transitioned to Jumbula this past June after two unsuccessful attempts at customizing our own software. We were looking for an out-of-the-box solution for our families to register for classes and Jumbula was it!

Pros

Jumbula is easy to use on both the front and back ends. Their customer support is personalized and quick to answer questions and make adjustments. Our families have responded very well to the system - it is extremely intuitive and easy to use. We have received very few calls with questions about how to enroll. It meets our program management and accounting needs and they have been very generous in creating several customized reports and functions for us! Also, you can't beat the price.

Cons

Donations are treated the same as any other product and therefore there is no automated tax deductible letter. This said, they are EXTREMELY responsive to customer needs so I wouldn't be surprised if this is included in a release down the road.

David H.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Great product that allowed us to manage multiple remote location programs where the local school staff can take attendance and manage a large district wide program for over 1600 students in over 100 schools.

Pros

I really like the ease of use of the product and the company's willingness to update its product to serve our needs. Most of my requests to have something changed with the program was done in less than a month.

Cons

Minor glitches, but it has never hindered what we are doing.

Joshua L.

Jumbula Is An Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

I am the Executive Director for a nonprofit organization in Austin, TX that conducts fine arts sessions, workshops, and camps for children with special needs. Using the Jumbula platform as our registration site and as our email distribution platform is a great experience. We pay a low monthly fee for an easy to use platform on our end, and a user-friendly experience for the parents who register their children for our programs. I liked how easy it was to sync our Stripe and PayPal accounts. Jumbula produces several reports, and I rely on the Registration report the most. I enjoy looking at the stats of our email campaigns - I can see who our message was successfully delivered to and who opened it. When I had initial user questions, Ignacio was very quick to respond, and very helpful. I highly recommend Jumbula.

Pros

The software is generally easy for me to use. Once I learned how it works, it does not take me long to complete my tasks.

Jumbula is the answer!

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

Fantastic customer service! Love the app as well and love how our instructors can access all their registrations, etc. simply and easily.

Pros

The team at Jumbula have thought of everything! Every time I think something can't be done, I discover that Jumbula has already anticipated it and incorporated it into the program. It's obvious they've done their research and learned from actual people who rely on the program. This is the first program I've used for registration purposes that is simple, intuitive and user-friendly. So happy I stumbled upon it when searching for a new platform to use for this exact purpose. Can't recommend highly enough.

Cons

I needed a bit of hand holding to get started and I still wish there was an option to sell licensed merchandise on the site.

Chris P.

Saved my business

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

I chose Jumbula from a field of products To run my afterschool program. I liked the way the system will automatically bill my customers on a pre-set schedule. Really helped take my business to the next level.

Pros

Automated payments
Tracking of payments
Family information database

Cons

Ease of setup
Changes can be difficult
Would like more customization options

Kris G.

Jumbula Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Easy way to do registrations. Monthly calendar is a huge help and add-on!

Pros

Very easy to set schedules, great follow up emails with attached documents

Cons

campaign usage could be altered, can not group my campaigns when they are outdated, can't re-send

Zain A.

What a powerful platform!

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

I tested over 20 classroom management cloud-based platforms. I started cancelling my trial one platform at a time and Jumbula was the one that persevered. Not only did it satisfy all my business requirements, but it also opened up my eyes to new possibilities (campaigns, retention, and CRM).

Can't recommend it enough.

Pros

- Great platform
- Easy to use
- Very comprehensive - includes every possible feature!
- Support team is so accommodating and helpful. They answer all my queries and concerns in a very efficient and timely manner.

Cons

I can't think of anything! It's a solid platform and I'm glad I found it.

Artem I.

This is it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

Jumbula is extremely efficient software that helps us to properly operate our company. Their support team is very responsive and helpful you are guaranteed to receive an answer with a solution to your question within two hours or so. Moreover, they are open to ideas on how to improve the software and try their best to develop the project. Their price is moderate too! Great value!

Cons

More reporting tools could help. We have multiple locations and cannot run one report that would contain data from all locations.

Nadia S.

Solid Product + Outstanding Service = Excellent Tech Company

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Pros

Jumbula has been invaluable in the design, implementation, launch and support of our nonprofit's website.

Cons

As with all technology there can be a learning curve and an evolution of requirements in terms of functionality, but Jumbula is open and flexible to meeting client needs whether it be training, customization, implementation or support.

Claudia B.

Jumbula Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

I manage enrollment for multiple programs offered at a non-profit arts center and Jumbula makes it very easy to run.

Pros

Jumbula is very easy to use, as I don't consider myself a tech person. The customer service is fantastic if I ever need anything.

Cons

The functionality can be a bit tricky at times with certain things I'm trying to change within a program, but as stated before, if I have an issue I just email support and am promptly emailed back with a correction.

Judith L.

Jumbula has streamlined our registration process and has tons of features we really need.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Easy set-up. Phone- and computer-friendly user interface. App-based attendance. FANTASTIC customer support that listens to our requests and does their utmost to accommodate our business needs.

Cons

Some limitations on user-facing customization. Reporting flexibility could improve, but we can get what we need out of the system. Coupons and waitlists are present but need improvement. But these are all minor and they're working on it - really!

Leslie F.

Great bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

So far so good! The support team has been amazing!

Pros

Jumbula does so much for the price! It is easy to learn and has tons of helpful reports to stay organized with your registrations. If they do not have the report, you can most likely create a custom report or their wonderful support staff can!

Cons

The reports are all over the place. I just wish it was easier to find things. Also I wish that it had things by camper vs order.

Abel T.

Ease of use and excellent support

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

I really liked how easy it was set up new programs, and the software already has preset fields that make creating an event very easy.

Cons

Though there were some things I did not understand, the customer service and support is excellent and helped me resolve any issues.

Kian R.

Excellent management tool for our camp

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

Jumbula is very helpful in managing the camps & classes. It gives us all options we need to create and sell our camps & classes. It is really easy to use, I managed to use the system without watching any video or reading any documents. The dashboard is intuitive and you can easily find what you are looking for. We have been using Jumbula for more than 2 years.
The thing which I really like abut Jumbula is the facility that you can make you own website, without any extra cost. It is really helpful for us as we did not have the website before. Finally, I should say that their customer support is fantastic!

Jumbula a Convenient Mangement System

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

I like the simplicity of using Jumbula management system , I find it very convenient to setup seasonal schedule for our classes online . I like the ability of be able to accept payment through a system that can be connected to any Paypal account

Cons

While he system itself is easy to use , I would recommend having a step by step documentation for all users

Diana T.

ICA review of jumbula

Reviewed on 2016/08/10

I was trying to get all my 'products' (tournaments, semesters, camps) on line and Jumbula made this for me! I am very happy with everything that was done

Pros

clarity, the report features, the ability to get all data in one place and etc

Cons

so far everything is great!